Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I've noticed this too.  "Sweetness" has lost her sweetness. 

The intense stupidity of the show must be painful to bear. Imagine having to show up at dawn with energy and passion and have to make this stuff. We just have to watch it...

And what are her storylines anyway? Deprogramming brain chipped loved ones? Getting kidnapped?

There's no character arc. Poor MBE. Really like her but she's not getting much.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I was surprised by how likable I found Kayla in the episodes I watched this week… but that’s probably because I’ve been binging 1991, and while I understand that 1991!Kayla is out of her mind with grief, I’d still be hard-pressed to say anything positive about her. Thank the soap gods that Jack and Jennifer (and Lawrence in all his evil) were there to carry the show that year. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Shayna Rose looked like the perfect blend of Stephen and Mary Beth, actually. 

Wasn't she a redhead? That, plus I first saw her on the kids show Fresh Beat Band so for me, she was not Stephanie.

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The intense stupidity of the show must be painful to bear. Imagine having to show up at dawn with energy and passion and have to make this stuff. We just have to watch it...

And what are her storylines anyway? Deprogramming brain chipped loved ones? Getting kidnapped?

There's no character arc. Poor MBE. Really like her but she's not getting much.

She can leave then lol.

From what I'm hearing she might but that's just a rumor. Then again I expect a mass exodus if they want to survive on Peacock.

As for today's episode. I don't care about the show aging Rachel already. If they wanted to have a kid be a thorn in Brady/Chloe's relationship I rather it be Parker. At least his anger would be justified always left behind by Chloe, watching his grandparents split etc. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Well, Parker was born in 2009 or 2010, so he should be just about finishing up his bachor's degree from Carnegie Mellon.

And potentially dating Sydney.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I did a major eye roll today when Chloe said she needed her job because of Parker. Yep, Parker totally needs a mom who works thousands of miles away with a bat-shit crazy "boss" who would totally kill her with an envelope opener if she didn't have to meet up with her daughter. 

Also, what the hell was Sarah wearing yesterday? The latest in chest belts or was that supposed to be non-functional suspenders?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

This Kristen stuff is unwatchable. On what planet would Chloe not call the police after that? And the constant calling her a slut? Gabi saying Chloe should not antagonize her? I really need the Kristen character gone but she just keeps going. Ugh

Edited by brisbydog
Slut not slur but both work
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

If my boss threatened me, I'd be calling the cops. Chloe's boss just got pardoned from prison, so yeah, she may not be stable. No one does that amount of work for some project and does not get paid for that attention to detail. Yeah, Kristen, do a constructive dismissal. You can ask for the posture helping book, but also ask for the 20 page executive summary. Chloe can go to Gabi and also to any employment rights lawyer/office. Gabi, Kristen will go out of her way to get at Chloe. If someone doesn't like you, they will try to get you to leave. Been there.

I did appreciate Marlena using her office for Kristen to visit with Rachel. The locket was manipulative about 'family'. Not all families are together or healthy together. Many children do have divorced or separated parents. Kristen should not be giving Rachel hope of any reunion with dad.

Gabi's personal picnic was cute. Who cares if she takes a lunch break? She is entitled to one.

EJ, why are you snooping so much? Nothing happened with Johnny and Ava. I did understand her making all the changes in her life and having one son murdered, one driven out of town, her 'husband' murdered on her wedding day. Been a rough few weeks.

Wonder how Shin will explain Rolf? Him looking for money to do some experiments?

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I did a major eye roll today when Chloe said she needed her job because of Parker. Yep, Parker totally needs a mom who works thousands of miles away with a bat-shit crazy "boss" who would totally kill her with an envelope opener if she didn't have to meet up with her daughter. 

Also, what the hell was Sarah wearing yesterday? The latest in chest belts or was that supposed to be non-functional suspenders?

Perhaps the Oompah Loompahs are hiring?  Or is this another of Gabi's stunning designs?

• LOL 5
34 minutes ago, boes said:

Perhaps the Oompah Loompahs are hiring?  Or is this another of Gabi's stunning designs?

I was thinking she could make more as a NYC prostitute. 🤣 Would be safer than working for Kristin and closer to Parker. 

• LOL 3

I've gotta say, I'm REALLY getting sick of the Stefan anvils.  No one even mentions his name for literally more than a YEAR and now every other person in every other conversation is talking about Stefan.  It was really a stretch for Chloe to bring him up after all this time.  And NOW, after how long (and how many machinations to get him), Gabi is admitting that she and Jake would never have made it - because of Stefan?  Just bring him back and put him in some stupid plot.  Just stop TALKING about him!

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Kristen was about to stab Chloe in the heart with a letter opener, yet somehow her “fans” still defend her. No, she is a vile, wretched woman!

THIS. The fawning Bristen fans on Twitter and Facebook will support her and excuse anything. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

This Kristen stuff is unwatchable. On what planet would Chloe not call the police after that? 

I couldn’t believe she just stood there when Kristen was distracted by a phone call. So stupid. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

And potentially dating Sydney.

I've honestly never thought of this pairing, but I love it. Mainly because there's a lot of potential for Chloe/Nicole/Sami interactions and drama. All three work so well together.

I thought both Chloe and Kristen looked beautiful in their scenes. I really liked Ava's ponytail, and I liked Gabi's dress. However, I think I would've like it more on Jada.

Johnny feels so superfluous as a character now. I wish the show would do more to connect him with the Brady/Black side of his family. I was thinking that he could really benefit from a strong uncle/nephew relationship with Eric.

I really struggle with CB/Gabi as an actress. She has a tendency to play things like she's a Melrose Place villainous, but I must say I do love how she interprets Gabi when she's talking about Stefan. There's a humanity there that is usually lacking, and I did like her scenes with Johnny and Chloe once Stefan was mentioned. When Stefan isn't being directly discussed, she reverts back to Kristen Davis/Brooke Davies from MP. I hope that bodes well for the obvious Gabi/Stefan reunion we're sure to get.

I don't know if EM/Brady has calmed down as an actor or if SH/Kristen being closer to his height in heels make him feel less abusive as a character but he does. I remember when I used to feel uncomfortable in his antagonistic scenes with women, but he and Kristen are doing a good job or not igniting that fear in me. 

I think SH/Kristen is still doing a good job. I liked her scenes with everyone, and I really liked the ending scene with her and Marlena. Could she be more nuanced as a villainous? Sure. But I'm honestly okay with the unapologetically psychotic way she plays Kristen. Partly because things are actually happening with her Kristen onscreen.

I liked that the show explained Li and Kristen's different intentions for Stefan.

Lastly, while watching the show. I completely forgot Stefan's role in framing Gabi for Andre's murder. I also wondered why the show never went for a Sarah/Brady pairing after the Rachel/Mickey baby switch. Seems like that would have been classic soap, but it seems to late for that development as I don't think we've seen many Sarah/Rachel scenes. I kinda hope we do.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I've honestly never thought of this pairing, but I love it. Mainly because there's a lot of potential for Chloe/Nicole/Sami interactions and drama. All three work so well together.

I thought both Chloe and Kristen looked beautiful in their scenes. I really liked Ava's ponytail, and I liked Gabi's dress. However, I think I would've like it more on Jada.

Johnny feels so superfluous as a character now. I wish the show would do more to connect him with the Brady/Black side of his family. I was thinking that he could really benefit from a strong uncle/nephew relationship with Eric.

I really struggle with CB/Gabi as an actress. She has a tendency to play things like she's a Melrose Place villainous, but I must say I do love how she interprets Gabi when she's 

Lastly, while watching the show. I completely forgot Stefan's role in framing Gabi for Andre's murder. I also wondered why the show never went for a Sarah/Brady pairing after the Rachel/Mickey baby switch. Seems like that would have been classic soap, but it seems to late for that development as I don't think we've seen many Sarah/Rachel scenes. I kinda hope we do.

Sarah and Brady pretended they were hooking up to punish Xander but when they tried to have sex for real it was a bust so they dropped the plan 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I thought the Stayla scenes and Kayla with Chad were the best scenes of the week

And the first Stephanie was the worst one.   SH was fabulous and this new actress seems very similar to her.  Likable 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/19/2022 at 10:27 PM, brisbydog said:

This Kristen stuff is unwatchable. On what planet would Chloe not call the police after that? And the constant calling her a slut?

I happened to see their scenes isolated on YT today and was shocked. Ron's version of Kristen is so sloppy. Just violent and pulling out guns and weapons and stabbing and shooting whoever. Like...who does that? And after just getting out of prison?

And she's running BB now?!? The hell..?? Why? How? 

Nadia attempted to make Chloe look like she was considering running out of the room...because who wouldn't...and yet she couldn't do that because the script idioticly insisted she stay put. Good instincts from the actor. Bad script.

Me? I'd have smashed a chair into Kristen's head the minute she turned her back to answer the damn phone.

People don't act like people on this show anymore.

Embarrassing.

Especially since Chloe killed Mateo. Guess they're ignoring her capacity to defend herself so Kristen can grandstand for our entertainment. 🙄

I hate this Kristen.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Speaking of Parker, who is taking care of him?  His mother and his grandmother are in Salem.

Clearly, he has been shipped off to boarding school - where his mother visits once or twice a year (she SUCH a good mother.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Speaking of Parker, who is taking care of him?  His mother and his grandmother are in Salem.

1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Clearly, he has been shipped off to boarding school - where his mother visits once or twice a year (she SUCH a good mother.)

Yep, I recall a line a few weeks or months back where Chloe said he was in boarding school. Year round perhaps? Apparently, the Salem schools aren't good enough on top of being super inconvenient. They send the kids home at the end of the day and for summer, and I guess that would cut into her time with Brady.  🙄

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yep, I recall a line a few weeks or months back where Chloe said he was in boarding school. Year round perhaps? Apparently, the Salem schools aren't good enough on top of being super inconvenient. They send the kids home at the end of the day and for summer, and I guess that would cut into her time with Brady.  🙄

But, isn't Brady still in middle school? Admittedly, he's the biggest kid in 8th grade and still the dumbest, but he and Parker could bike to school together, share their bag lunches and then come home, prank Chloe till it's bedtime. Brady is the inspiration for "Basic Black" and you can't get more basic than Brady.

Family fun!

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

That's because they're likely making it up as they go.

Well, all I can say is they better step up their game if they expect people to pay money to watch this crap. Right now it's not cutting it.

And Ken Corday is one of the most lousy people to promote his own show that I've ever seen. They would've been better off throwing Deidre Hall out there giving her usual spin. At least it probably would have been entertaining.😄

• Like 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Are Gwen and Leo working together to throw the police off?   That jail scene seemed really fake.  

Gwen is Ron's baby character, I highly doubt he will write her off. Same goes for Leo. If Ron doesn't force a non-character (i.e., player) into this mess, who does that leave? Abby stated "they had a knife" but I think in the end, history will be re-written and that statement will be forgotten. 

Shin? Perhaps Abby was investigating something that nobody knew about.

Stephanie? Right now we are led to believe she works in PR but who knows. Maybe she asked Abby for help to investigate someone.

Alex? Maybe Abby was investigating something shady he did. Although Robert is a favorite of Ron's so perhaps he can be eliminated.

Orpheus?

Knowing Ron, the butler did it. . .

At this point, the acting by Matthew Ashford is so bad, I would rather him not be a part of this story. The writing for Jennifer is also bad that Cady has nothing to work with and looks stoic. 

1 hour ago, Sidney said:

Well, all I can say is they better step up their game if they expect people to pay money to watch this crap. Right now it's not cutting it.

And Ken Corday is one of the most lousy people to promote his own show that I've ever seen. They would've been better off throwing Deidre Hall out there giving her usual spin. At least it probably would have been entertaining.😄

Ken would be unemployed if it wasn't for his parents. Calling fans "bottom feeders" is not helpful when you want them to pay $60 per year to watch the show. As of right now, I have not seen any PSA's shown during the show. When are they supposed to start, the day before the switch?

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ral80 said:

Ken would be unemployed if it wasn't for his parents. Calling fans "bottom feeders" is not helpful when you want them to pay $60 per year to watch the show.

The only reason I would still be able to watch  (I'm assuming) when they move to streaming is because we are Xfinity/Comcast customers so I don't pay anything extra for Peacock.  Even though it's "free", I doubt I'll become a faithful viewer. HECK - I'm already on hiatus from this show and it's still on network tv!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Gwen is too easy of a suspect.

Jack and Jen seem uninterested and have no real role in the death of their daughter. Why aren't they also investigating?

Leo and Gwen seemed too convenient.

Shin did a good save with why Rolf was there. Yeah, Gabi, he's a creep, but I also would be a bit more careful with the new boyfriend. Something seems off with him.

Time to wake up Stefan? Rolf is a petty little man, with many delusions of grandeur.

• Love 4

Jack will forgive Gwen in minutes, I really wish someone would call him out now. Jenn coddling him and his tears. He didn't care about all the other things Gwen did to Abby it's not like he'd care this time.

The flashbacks were good. but I don't buy Abby would just let Gwen go and with the mask.

• Love 2

Leo's flashback was b.s., right?  Didn't we already see him "remember" stealing the jewelry and a wad of cash with Abby lying dead on the bed?  I'm not sure about Abby being dead but I definitely remember him scooping up the jewelry and grabbing the cash from an old episode.

If neither Leo nor Gwen killed Abigail, can whoever did do it come back and take those two out as well? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I can not believe the patheticness of Gwen trying to assault Abigail/drive her insane with an injection and then, caught, begging to let her go back to jail.

????

Firstly, why impersonate Sarah if she had no clue where Sarah would be...and why bring a syringe with Saline water??? If it wasn't going to do anything to Abigail....what's the point even? Abigail would obviously retain her strength and fight back....soooo......?????

And then we have Marci, acting less like her life was threatened and more like her moron sis was playing a prank for the zillionth time. What??? Oh, and letting her go loose afterwards. Sure.

This is so bad. Its unreal. Poor Days. Poor us.

I hate Gwen and Leo, Wrong's pets he's oh so fond of.

At least we finally know that she didn't deliberately off Laura. I guess. Maybe.

Groooooaaaaaannn.

5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Rolf is a petty little man, with many delusions of grandeur.

And suddenly a ponytail.

Which only makes him look more like John's late father.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can not believe the patheticness of Gwen trying to assault Abigail/drive her insane with an injection and then, caught, begging to let her go back to jail.

And then we have Marci, acting less like her life was threatened and more like her moron sis was playing a prank for the zillionth time. What??? Oh, and letting her go loose afterwards. Sure.

This is so bad. Its unreal. Poor Days. Poor us.

Which only makes him look more like John's late father.

Exactly! I was watching those scenes in open-mouth disbelief. I can't believe someone wrote those scenes, had the actresses play them out, watched them over for quality control purposes, and then decided this should be shared with the viewing public. 

The actresses don't even work well together, so their chemistry couldn't even save those scenes. I mean we have Abby "fighting for her life," yet she stays seated the entire time on her bed.

What is the point of having Jennifer around? She seems to barely care her daughter is dead. Why does Jennifer Rose Horton feel superfluous on a show called Days of Our Lives and like a glorified extra. I realize there aren't even many people on the show to give this Jennifer humanizing scenes. We have Jack and Julie for Jennifer. 

I'm not certain what the Sloane actress is going for. She doesn't seem smart or cunning enough to be a lawyer.

I had to Google who John's father was. I'm still not quite certain who that character was.

• Love 4

Why would anyone think Gwen was telling the truth? She was telling her version of what happened. SHE'S A LIAR! Even if she was telling the truth, who would believe that lame ass confession? Oh, that's right, the SPD. LOL

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Why would anyone think Gwen was telling the truth? She was telling her version of what happened. SHE'S A LIAR! Even if she was telling the truth, who would believe that lame ass confession? Oh, that's right, the SPD. LOL

Don't forget her stupid father Jack.. I cannot even look at him anymore because his stupid devotion to Gwen has totally destroyed him..

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I had to Google who John's father was. I'm still not quite certain who that character was.

Hasn't his parentage been retconned many times?  I think he was an Alamain the last I heard. John was Forrest Alamain  (Lawrence's brother presumed dead.  Can't recall how Forrest supposedly died). 

As for ALL the stupidity on the show I've been reading about lately  (I'm on watch hiatus), maybe it can ALL (Gwen's existence, Abigail murder, Leo/Matty)  be retconned at some point in the future. Heck - throw in more retcon while they're at it (Kristen as Rachel's mom, Kristen as a DiMera, etc., etc.) That's IF this show survives when they move to pay streaming.   

• Applause 3
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Hasn't his parentage been retconned many times?  I think he was an Alamain the last I heard. John was Forrest Alamain  (Lawrence's brother presumed dead.  Can't recall how Forrest supposedly died). 

As for ALL the stupidity on the show I've been reading about lately  (I'm on watch hiatus), maybe it can ALL (Gwen's existence, Abigail murder, Leo/Matty)  be retconned at some point in the future. Heck - throw in more retcon while they're at it (Kristen as Rachel's mom, Kristen as a DiMera, etc., etc.) That's IF this show survives when they move to pay streaming.   

Forrest died in a drowning allegedly

• Sad 1
  • Love 1