Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Are u effing kidding me show?!  A freaking mansion doesn’t have an actual dining room and instead EJ, Johnny and Ava eat in the living room?!  (I know, I know, the real reason is lack of budget but that was so tacky/comical/ridiculous!)

Edited by norcalgal
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Are u effing kidding me show?!  A freaking mansion doesn’t have an actual dining room and instead EJ, Johnny and Ava eat in the living room?!  (I know, I know, the real reason is lack of budget but that was so tacky/comical/ridiculous!)

Eating on a card table. Lol

• LOL 8
41 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I had a similar thought re: Li's hotel room. You're telling me Li Shin can't afford a suite at the Salem Inn? Or at the very least, rent a nice pied-a-terre for the times he's in town?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Anna pointing the power tool was funny.  Couldn't decide if she was holding it with a cloth so she didn't get her hands dirty or didn't put fingerprints on it. 😄

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Anna/Kristen and Tony/Anna were the only watchable part of today's episode. .

4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I only paid attention (and did genuinely laugh) at the Anna/Kristen scenes. "OK, we don't need to reminisce about my litany of crimes..."

Agreed!  Anna makes everything better, always.  Even Kristen .  At least for a minute.

Alex was revolting today.  He and Allie would be perfect together.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Anna still holds the Salem brain. At least she is wondering what Kristen is up to. Not like she is reading an old obit for memory's sake. I thought she put the power tool in a towel so it wouldn't accidentally turn on.

The DiMeras slumming it by eating in the living room? I don't even use a table in the living room. Just a cushion. Too lazy to even buy a TV tray. No dining area or nook? Poor Harold has to lug all that food?

Geez, EJ, it is a bit creepy asking your son and your brother's widow about seeing each other naked. The poor food.

The Alex/Allie/Chanel stuff was a bit revolting but I did laugh at the straw sucking and umbrella drink stuff. I do like slapstick and silly physical humor.

Shin should have an apartment in Salem and not stay in a hotel room. But, he could have been staying at Hotel Brady Pub. Let Gabi wear the ring around her neck. It is just jewelry. However, the Stefan mentions have been a bit thick.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

However, the Stefan mentions have been a bit thick.

Clearly the show is setting up a catfight over Jake/Stefan when he returns. I am guessing that he will be in Stefan's miraculously cured body with Jake's heart, which means, he will have Jake's memories. No, not by any reason of physiology or reality, but they have done with before with hearts. Daniel's heart, maybe? Anyway, I just don't want to see two women fighting over the loves of their lives, and being their manipulative selves to lure him to their sides, especially when everyone knows the end game. So, since it will be Stefan who returns, is he still legally married to Gabi? Or, will he be introduced as Jake, in which case Ava will claim him, even though Gabi knows they were never married. I am hoping that this won't play out until they are on Peacock. Or maybe they will introduce him as Jake, but he will have Stefan's memories and keep trying to get back to Gabi and Ava will keep blocking that. Gabi will sense that he is NOT Jake and that will be the big drama. Or not.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I sort of liked Allie and Chanel laughing at Alex's trying to be suave with Gabi and I really liked Gabi's getting to hang out with Allie and Chanel--I could see them potentially becoming friends.

Again, Kristen works best as a villain and the show seems to realize it too.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I actually have to call foul on that.  Chanel shouldn't want anything to do with Gabi given what she did to her sister.  (Yes, it happened a little more than a year before she first came to Salem, but Lani had to have told her about that.)  Allie shouldn't, either, after what she did to Julie.  (That was about four months before she arrived, but similarly, one or more of the Hortons had to have told her about that.)

Allie won't care since she's Ari's mother.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Is it that easy to run for a US Governor? Don't you need money and support? Abe is going to come out of nowhere weeks before an election?

Gabi does need some sort of social circle, but I don't know if Allie and Chanel are it.  Chanel may be more fun, but Allie is Will's sister. Alex Kiriakis is not going to get his way. Meet more people in Salem.

Bye, Lucas. See ya in a few months when you get a pardon or are let go because of jail overcrowding.

Geez, Li, you don't want Stefan awake because Gabi will dump you? What is so awesome about Gabi? One does not wake up Frankenstein's monster that quickly.

Chloe is right to assume that Kristen will want to be back in Brady's life.

Had trouble understanding Roman today. Yeah, Lucas did the right thing and he will probably try to talk Kate out of turning herself in. Get back together, lather, rinse, repeat. 

• Love 5

RSW/Alex reminds me of a Miami Vice episode. 

The Paulina/Kate comparison made no sense. They are completely different types of mothers, and Chanel and Lucas are nothing alike. Even if we look at Lucas in his teens/early 20s, Chanel is nothing like Lucas. Chanel is much more a calmer/saner version of Sami.

I once said I'd like for Li to have a more major part of the show. Be careful what you wish for. Why does the actor pause after every word? It's aggravating. 

Did BB's version of Stefan ever interact with Chloe? I'm pretty sure she only interacted with TC. I am interested to see how they'll interact as I remember Chloe only interacting with Jake once. Also, Ron is getting his Brady/Chloe/Stefan/Gabi storyline he obviously wanted before NB/Chloe was let go last time and TC/Stefan's behind the scenes antics. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Is it that easy to run for a US Governor? Don't you need money and support? Abe is going to come out of nowhere weeks before an election?

I didn't see the episode yet, but I can answer that people start campaigning for Governor as much as 2 years before the election.  We have two major political parties, so there's a primary election to win your party's nomination in the spring (exact timing varies by state), and then the general election between the 2 (main) candidates in the fall (November).  I suppose that someone could jump in as an independent candidate at the last minute, but it's rare and there are a lot of hoops to jump through, if it's even possible at all.  They'd also be missing out on months' worth of ads and events to promote themselves.

• Love 2

Initially, I was shocked and annoyed at how bad Remington Hoffman is when They started giving him more of a storyline but now I just try to amuse myself with all of his weird "acting" choices.  It was funny watching him try to portray a guy who thought he could stand up to Mean, Mean, Mean Kristin DiMera.  I looked closely a couple times to see if Stacy H showed any signs of frustration but didn't notice anything.  

Lucas was so dumb to willingly go to prison.  And for Allie?  I like Allie but she can't stick with one emotion long enough to save her life.  Get yourself cleared of those charges and leave town.  Allie will probably forget why she's mad at him in a few weeks.  

RSW is definitely a better fit for this Alex character but They are laying it on a little thick with how he's horny for every attractive female that crosses his path.  He hasn't even been on that many episodes and my eyes are already rolling to the back of my head.  And I hate the clear frames on the glasses he's been wearing, which may be the point.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Did BB's version of Stefan ever interact with Chloe? I'm pretty sure she only interacted with TC. I am interested to see how they'll interact as I remember Chloe only interacting with Jake once. Also, Ron is getting his Brady/Chloe/Stefan/Gabi storyline he obviously wanted before NB/Chloe was let go last time and TC/Stefan's behind the scenes antics. 

Didn't Chloe live at the DiMera mansion for a bit of time?  I just can't recall if TC's Stefan lived there at the same time.

25 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Lucas was so dumb to willingly go to prison.  And for Allie?  I like Allie but she can't stick with one emotion long enough to save her life.  Get yourself cleared of those charges and leave town.  Allie will probably forget why she's mad at him in a few weeks.  

I haven't been watching...can someone give a little detail what's going on here?  Thanks!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I haven't been watching...can someone give a little detail what's going on here?  Thanks!

Lucas plead guilty to his charges for kidnapping Sami and is on his way to Statesville.  His reasoning (to Kate yesterday) was that Allie is upset with him and he wanted to show her that he was taking responsibility for his actions. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

lol @ Steve moving Kayla out of the way and checking for a bomb in the flowers.  

The Salem PD enlists the help of the victim's husband to search for evidence? 🙄  Ron should publish their procedural manual; I bet it's hilarious.  The whole section on avoiding compromised evidence must have been ripped out.  And apparently, Jada and Chad didn't search very diligently, or they'd have stumbled upon Rolf's lab. 

Red underpants or not, Alex is still Ben in my eyes.  If anything, (and I can't believe I'm saying this) his personality is more awful. *runs to corner and hides*

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Didn't Chloe live at the DiMera mansion for a bit of time?  I just can't recall if TC's Stefan lived there at the same time.

She lived there with TC's Stefan. I remember because there was a scene of Chloe and Stefan playing chess where she tells him about her own relationship with Stefano, which I liked because the Chloe/Stefano relationship was so minor yet so strange. He had a weird affection for her that was different from his obsession with Marlena. They don't have a major relationship, but I always liked their scenes together. 

I also remember because it was TC's Stefan that was with Chloe when she discovered Holly "died." I thought it was actually a scene that really humanized TC's Stefan and made me hate that he was sacrificed for Chabby.

I can't remember if NB/Chloe was let go before or after TC however.

Chloe/Jake have one had one scene that I can remember during New Year's Eve where Chloe was shocked to meet Stefan's twin. I don't think they interacted again, but I can't be certain.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I didn't see the episode yet, but I can answer that people start campaigning for Governor as much as 2 years before the election.  We have two major political parties, so there's a primary election to win your party's nomination in the spring (exact timing varies by state), and then the general election between the 2 (main) candidates in the fall (November).  I suppose that someone could jump in as an independent candidate at the last minute, but it's rare and there are a lot of hoops to jump through, if it's even possible at all.  They'd also be missing out on months' worth of ads and events to promote themselves.

Interesting. I thought maybe it was less electioning to run for Governor. Similar to the President. Seems like the US elections are ongoing. The Governor would be like the Canadian Premier, only ours are voted for in provincial elections. Candidates run to be the leader of the party and when it is Election Day, the Premier is the person whose party got the most seats.

I really can’t see the show spending time and money to do a full campaign for Abe to run for Governor. 

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Red underpants or not, Alex is still Ben in my eyes.  If anything, (and I can't believe I'm saying this) his personality is more awful. *runs to corner and hides*

Leave room in the corner for me.  He had one scene the other day that I liked but since then - and before that - I think he's at least just as bad if not worse than before.  The attitude towards Chanel and Allie is neanderthal at best and that straw sucking mimics how much he sucks at humor or humanity.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I really can’t see the show spending time and money to do a full campaign for Abe to run for Governor. 

And what would his platform/qualifications be?

He was married to the daughter of a crime family, his fake daughter killed her bio dad, his current wife ran a scam on the town he's the mayor of and he fell for it, and he sleeps in his suit?  Will he appoint Julie Secretary of State?  Make everyone in the state see Marlena for counseling?  Institute a three piece dress code with matching pocket square for all public employees?   State discount at Price Town for all residents?

Yeah, Abe is a good guy, but he has all the pizzazz of cheese in a can.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Initially, I was shocked and annoyed at how bad Remington Hoffman is when They started giving him more of a storyline but now I just try to amuse myself with all of his weird "acting" choices.  It was funny watching him try to portray a guy who thought he could stand up to Mean, Mean, Mean Kristin DiMera.  I looked closely a couple times to see if Stacy H showed any signs of frustration but didn't notice anything.  

Right! He's really fun to watch imo.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

She lived there with TC's Stefan. I remember because there was a scene of Chloe and Stefan playing chess where she tells him about her own relationship with Stefano, which I liked because the Chloe/Stefano relationship was so minor yet so strange. He had a weird affection for her that was different from his obsession with Marlena. They don't have a major relationship, but I always liked their scenes together. 

I also remember because it was TC's Stefan that was with Chloe when she discovered Holly "died." I thought it was actually a scene that really humanized TC's Stefan and made me hate that he was sacrificed for Chabby.

I can't remember if NB/Chloe was let go before or after TC however.

Chloe/Jake have one had one scene that I can remember during New Year's Eve where Chloe was shocked to meet Stefan's twin. I don't think they interacted again, but I can't be certain.

After Chloe had scenes with both versions of Stefan

I think Alex is OTT but I don't hate him probably because he's acknowledged as a sleaze and nobody takes him seriously. In a couple of months he'll be neutered like every other male on this show.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Today's Alex scenes is why we have this "actor" on the show in 2 different roles. Eye candy for Ron!

He is not even all that to be honest.. 

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Alex is OTT but I don't hate him probably because he's acknowledged as a sleaze and nobody takes him seriously. In a couple of months he'll be neutered like every other male on this show.

I don't hate him either but this is not how I envisioned him to be .. He should be more subtle and laidback with a deadly side to him.  He is Anjelica's son after all and she was a force to be reckoned with when Jane Elliot played her. Alex Gawking at Chanel and Allie was just stupid for a man his age. I expect hormonal teenage boys to act that way but not a business man in his thirties. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, boes said:

And what would his platform/qualifications be?

He was married to the daughter of a crime family, his fake daughter killed her bio dad, his current wife ran a scam on the town he's the mayor of and he fell for it, and he sleeps in his suit?  Will he appoint Julie Secretary of State?  Make everyone in the state see Marlena for counseling?  Institute a three piece dress code with matching pocket square for all public employees?   State discount at Price Town for all residents?

Yeah, Abe is a good guy, but he has all the pizzazz of cheese in a can.

No idea. We know very little about life in Salem - things like road projects, construction, bridges, etc. I don't think his aspirations should move beyond Mayor.

• Love 2

So we got yet another yawn-inducing scene of Alex in his tight red undies. Women do appreciate the male form, but it is getting a wee bit old. He met yet another woman at the bar? Do all the Salem women go there. I was thinking she was just some model working in town maybe doing a shoot for Gabi Chic or Basic Black, but nope, she turned out to be Leo's lawyer? Geez, Alex, maybe do remember your conquest's name in the AM.

I can see Sonny's exasperation. He isn't the man about town type and there is probably some jealousy and resentment. Alex does need to turn it down a notch or two. He told the company that he actually bought to not buy it and then sell it again to Sonny? Why?

You would think that the DiMeras would put some sort of cameras and other security on the tunnels area. In case more folks are held captive in those rooms. Maybe even a help phone or something installed on the wall for folks to seek assistance.

Chad, do you think that Gwen is going to say anything at all? She will go the doe eyes route to her 'dad' who she has been guilting. Gwen will not admit anything, Dumb thing to do to cut your hand on the glass.

Orpheus sends Kayla flowers? They finally use their condo alarm system and Steve comes home to Stephanie? Her line reminded me of Madonna's Papa Don't Preach song.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Jack and his yet still blind trust and loyalty to Gwen is just grr. I hate him. JJ was right to attack him over it and Chad too. He'd probably still take her side over killing her since all the other things she did to her he doesn't care. He buys the my poor sister caring that she's dead act when she thinks Abby deserved it. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jack and his yet still blind trust and loyalty to Gwen is just grr.

So much for telling Gwen he was "done with her" at Gwen's wedding to Xander whe finally - FINALLY - Gwen's nefarious acts were revealed.  (And don't forgot it was Jack who hired Justin to represent Gwen in her legal trouble with the gov't, so yeah, not the first time he turned IMMEDIATELY around to support Gwen after claiming he was "done with her".)

• Sad 1
  • Love 5

I enjoyed today's show!  There was the "Hot" innuendo between Leo & Rafe, "Mr. Big Gun" :), and between Sloane & Rafe...it was the most animated I had seen Rafe in awhile.  Then we had EJ & Ava trading Shakespeare quotes (Ava's "He who Snitches, ends up in Stitches" had me laughing) I always love Xander & Sarah plotting together, altho what the Heck was Sara wearing?!  It looked like weird suspenders or a back brace?  The NuStephanie was good in her 1st scenes with her parents & I saw some chemistry with Chad.  All in all, a decent show

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I wonder if Ron knows that Stephanie had a sorority sister named Sloane who would be the right age to be this Sloane.

I'm guessing not, because the sorority storyline was about the girls taking revenge on Stephanie's rapist Ford Decker (Sloane's job was to be the bait because she looked a lot like Chelsea). And of course Ron would have thought Ford was the hero, much like his own campus-dwelling rapist named Ford from OLTL.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
32 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

I wonder if Ron knows that Stephanie had a sorority sister named Sloane who would be the right age to be this Sloane.

I'm guessing not, because the sorority storyline was about the girls taking revenge on Stephanie's rapist Ford Decker (Sloane's job was to be the bait because she looked a lot like Chelsea). And of course Ron would have thought Ford was the hero, much like his own campus-dwelling rapist named Ford from OLTL.

If the intern that obviously scans this place every once in awhile sees this, Ron might go for it. He loves a rape story and pretending like he knows soap history lol.

Today was a great ep. I liked everything going on. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

He is not even all that to be honest.. 

I don't hate him either but this is not how I envisioned him to be .. He should be more subtle and laidback with a deadly side to him.  He is Anjelica's son after all and she was a force to be reckoned with when Jane Elliot played her. Alex Gawking at Chanel and Allie was just stupid for a man his age. I expect hormonal teenage boys to act that way but not a business man in his thirties. 

I agree I also expected Alex to be closer to Nicole/Eric's age however with Ron writing that wasn't going to happen regardless of actor.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Why?  It's pretty obvious that it's all going to be for nothing, and they're going to be proven wrong.

They aren't wrong that Gwen broke put of jail the night of the murder and was at the scene in the Sarah mask. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Why?  It's pretty obvious that it's all going to be for nothing, and they're going to be proven wrong.

Because the actors are fun together.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Not fond of the Sloane actress either. Seems to just be posing. Not sure about the new Stephanie either. So who is she meeting? Shin? Alex Kiriakis?

Maybe Shin is the killer. Abs found out that Stefan was alive.... time for some rando suspect.

Leo will be Leo, coming on to Rafe.

I enjoyed the Xander and Sarah detectiving. They are fun, but they are probably wrong.

EJ got an earful. Watch it Ava, he does know his Shakepeare.

Chad probably could use a bit of grief counselling but maybe someone other than Marlena.

So Leo came up with the mask to implicate Gwennie.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Not sure about the new Stephanie either. So who is she meeting? Shin? Alex Kiriakis?

Same here! I'm not keen on her so far either. All the Staphanie casts seems to be a miss. They never look like or seem like the offspring of Stayla. But if I had to choose, the first one came the closest. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

They are more than likely wrong that she's Abigail's killer, though.  Now that we're being beaten over the head by that possibility so many times, I can't see her being the culprit.

Oh no way is Gwen the killer. That would make too much sense. She was probably killed by one of Lucas' kidnappers since she was investigating that 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Not fond of the Sloane actress either. Seems to just be posing. Not sure about the new Stephanie either. 

I agree on both counts. Sloane posed too much, and the show made her and Leo entirely too "witty" with each other considering the circumstances.

I didn't like the new Stephanie either. One, I couldn't get what the black jacket with the hearts was supposed to convey considering this is a new version of a character the show never truly got the hang of in characterizing. She also seemed hyper in an almost childlike manner. So far, I wasn't a big fan of her scenes with Stayla, but I'll give her more time to settle. Most of the people Stephanie regularly shared scenes with are no longer on the show, so it will be interesting to see who they'll make her new foundational scene partners. (I'm assuming Chad, Alex, Sonny. Maybe Gabi but somehow I doubt it.)

I thought Kayla was terrible during her scene with Chad. While she was nicer than usual, MBE seemed to struggle with adding the appropriate emotional weight to her lines. She also seemed to momentarily forget Stephanie's name when she first saw her.

Xander and Sarah are pointless. Gwen seems to be their only link to the canvas now. I know there's also Maggie, but she doesn't seem to be on much lately. Maybe the show will build a Sarah/Stephanie friendship.

Overall, a meh episode.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 4evaQuez said:

I thought Kayla was terrible during her scene with Chad. While she was nicer than usual, MBE seemed to struggle with adding the appropriate emotional weight to her lines. She also seemed to momentarily forget Stephanie's name when she first saw her.

She's been so bad lately. She just seems like she doesn't care.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

She's been so bad lately. She just seems like she doesn't care.

I've noticed this too.  "Sweetness" has lost her sweetness. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Oh no way is Gwen the killer. That would make too much sense. She was probably killed by one of Lucas' kidnappers since she was investigating that 

Oh please don't speak that into existence. Then Lucas gets to be an indirect murderer too? ☹

• Sad 4
  • Love 3