Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Exactly! I was watching those scenes in open-mouth disbelief. I can't believe someone wrote those scenes, had the actresses play them out, watched them over for quality control purposes, and then decided this should be shared with the viewing public. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Perfectly stated and sadly applicable to the entirety of DOOL these days, AFAIC.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm still not quite certain who that character was.

John's real father? Ok let's see here...he went by the name Yo Ling, because he was overseas during some war (Vietnam?), presumed dead, given a purple heart (which went to John's mother back in the US), and then stayed in....Vietnam(?) and basically lost his marbles and became a cult leader of sorts before eventually returning to the US to use John and grandson Paul's bodies to stay young in the face of his impending death. John and Paul escaped with help from Doc and Steve...but "Yo Ling" had managed to unleash a chemical plague on Salem - because The West is evil...or something, etc, etc - and several people were hospitalized before Kayla got an antidote or something faxed or sent from overseas. There was even a huge, covid-like quarantine situation at SUH.

It was a weirdly short story given its importance. Like...10 or 12 episodes at most, start to finish.

Edit:

Real name, Tim Robicheaux.

days-34.jpg

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2

Why doesn't EJ just kick Ava out.  Instead of letting her act like lady of the manor. 

She's the one committing fraud and smashing glassware acting like a raging witch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Why doesn't EJ just kick Ava out.  Instead of letting her act like lady of the manor. 

She's the one committing fraud and smashing glassware acting like a raging witch. 

50 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Maybe he is bored.  

Yes, he probably misses having someone to break expensive heirlooms with now that Sami left town. It turns him on. 

• LOL 6

So Paulina needs Abe's friends to 'suggest' to him that he should run for Governor. He needs to talk to some media types/PR types who can scrub some of his questionable background (married in to the DiMera family), Pricetown, etc. etc. The Horton Square sure looked empty.

So Steve just invites people for dinner? Does Kayla have food for four? Time to open the canned ham or something? Time to call Skip the Dishes and have delivery?

EJ really gets off on women who break things. Sure, Ava, swig that expensive wine. Break the crystal.

SOS Stefan has escaped! He's doing pretty good for a guy who was dead for four years. He apparently does not stink, his fingernails and toenails are not a foot long, his hair is nicely styled, his breath may be atrocious but he may be able to huff and puff and blow the DiMera mansion down. No one notices some dude in a hospital gown running around Salem?

Shin, Gabi is going to find out.

Of course, at the end, the Steve and John spying goes bust as Paulina is Stephanie's supposed client, and Orpheus got wind of the freshly opened canned ham and showed up at Kayla's.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Time to call Skip the Dishes and have delivery?

Because I had NHL CenterIce and can sometimes watch the Canadian feed, I know Skip the Dishes = UberEats, Postmates, or DoorDash, GrubHub.  
Skip apparently is also overseas because while watching European soccer games I can see the on field advertising sometimes has Skip (but it’s called other names in England, Germany, etc.)

Lastly, I don’t think Skip in Canada uses Jon Hamm anymore in their tv ads and that’s a shame because those ads were hilarious!!! 

• Love 3

Oh goody, another day with Paulina blathering to more people who don't care.  I'm with the people who don't care.

Stephanie!  I had one brief, shining moment of hoping you wouldn't be anywhere near as dumb as your brother but those hopes were dashed.  Orpheus is out and gunning for her family but she can "take care of herself".  I doubt she'll get any smarter any time soon.

Stefan O! is awake and being annoying.  I'm with Li Shin, put him back in bed and this time, really pull the plug.

"Dimera family heirlooms", really, EJ?  You can buy a box of 6 for 7.99 at Ross Dress for Less.  Yep, those sound exactly like the crap DiMeras would think were Klassy.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Is it even his house?  Doesn't it belong to Gabi?

15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No one notices some dude in a hospital gown running around Salem?

Who, oddly though he's wearing a hospital gown, is also wearing pants.

• Like 5

EJ said today that he and Abe “both did terrible stuff” to each other during the mayor campaign. 

Nope.

EJ was the one who did all kind of illegal things and pulled dirty tricks on Abe. Abe was a snowflake compared to him.

Stop trying to even them out, Ron.

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3

I agree that Stephanie is a bit annoying. One also does not show up for a meeting about a PR campaign dressed that casually. I still have no idea why Abe would want to be Governor. He seemed happy to just be Mayor. The Governor run will cost a lot of time and money. Paulina just wants to be First Lady?

So the flower guy could deliver the flowers and then plant a listening device? Uh, I never let the flower delivery guy enter my home. Orpheus is planning yet another kidnapping? That is his MO. At least he left a note and the broken vase.

Shin sure got to the DiMera mansion fast. Poor Ava fainted, Gabi took her sweet time to get to the door and Stefan O. was dumped in to the bushes. Shin, Gabi and Stefan will eventually find their way back to each other.

Stefan O. is back in the dingy basement with the disco light thing on his head that seems to be doing nothing.

I did like EJ and Abe chatting. At least they were in someone else's orbit for a change.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Ral80 said:

Gwen in the holding room speaking with Leo. . .

Gwen: "this whole this is stupid"

Audience: "Yes, Gwen, this whole story is stupid. The one thing we agree on."

The evergreen comment about this show as a whole these past few years.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have always found RSW to be super smug in his acting choices, so he fits the role of Alex well, but please please please please get this smarmy asshole off my screen soon. He serves no purpose, and so far his storyline is just borderline offensive.

Until he completely threw her under the bus to save his own ass, I really liked Gwen and Leo/Matty together. Their scene when Gwen was confessing how she just wanted to put the blame on Sarah was very well done.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I find Alex less offensive than Ben at worst he's a dog plus he's honest about it and is not taken seriously by anyone because of it.

I am bothered by his lack of game though Justin was a lot smoother so him being a playboy worked so effectively.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

No.  We can discuss the whole show here.  Stephanie doesn't have her own topic.

I knew who Abigail K was before she ever auditioned for Stephanie Johnson (she's already aired at least one day as "Stephanie").  She's a retired Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader (There's a forum for their cancelled reality show on here).  I wanna say she's in her early 30s based on when she cheered for the Cowboys (2007-09)

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
added something and can't spell/type
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1

Uncle Vic or Aunt Maggie needs to tell Alex that he cannot have scantily clad female guests on the livingroom couch. There are business meetings and other things going on there and it is not appropriate. Entertain them in your own room.

I also laughed at Sonny's disbelief that Alex wanted to get it on with Allie and Chanel. At least he is picking somewhat intelligent women with careers, but..... it's getting a bit old. Only two so far. The meet-cute with Stephanie? Destinies colliding and all.

Yeah, Gwennie, Leo will sell you out for a sandwich. His hide is his hide, and he will save it.

Stephanie, unless you have many PR awards and such, and have worked on many election campaigns, Abe running for Governor may be a little out of your reach at this time. Paulina has money and would hire experienced people.

Nice to see Chad and Stefanie. Guess there will be a triangle with Alex.

Eric really moved fast with Jada. Woman has been in town for a couple of weeks or so. Of course Nicole is stupid and dropped by. Jada can lie and say that Eric is fixing her air conditioner so she borrowed his shower. He can install one in my house if he has the time. My portable one is on upstairs as the heat continues here.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Must be my lucky day.  More of Alex and Sloane dry humping on the Kiriakis sofa.  Yeeesh.  I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that Stephanie will find Alex as annoying as I do.  It will give me one reason to maybe kinda like her. 

I actually think I enjoyed Gwen and Leo today.  I wonder if one of the script writers snuck in the line about it all being "So stupid".  *giggle*

Nicole flushing her marriage to The Amazing Rafe down the toilet has potential.  I'm hoping she does something really awful in the near future.  I need something to pass the time while They're deciding which Day Player is going to be Abigail's murderer.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

All I really got from today's Show is that "Alex" seems to almost always have a vacant, pre-drool expression on his face, and wearing nothing but his underwear isn't necessarily a good look for him. 

From where I sit, it seems to emphasize his shortcomings......Steroids aren't always your friend.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

Wouldn't Stephanie and Alex already know each other since Justin and Adrienne are her uncle and aunt?  I know Alex isn't her cousin by blood - and she already dated her Uncle Max, so that isn't an issue.  I guess (maybe) today we'll find out if they do remember each other.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I was so happy to see Trask return.

I was taken off-guard by how much I liked this episode. None of the storylines intrigue me, but I thought the interactions were really good. Gwen/Leo is probably the best I've ever liked Leo. He actually brought his energy down, she brought her energy up, and the betrayal at the end did feel like old-school soap.

I thought Stephanie/Chad worked well enough. Stephanie's haircut reminds me of KM's Abby when I thought the show finally got a handle of who her Abby should be. I don't think they are supercouple level chemistry, but I at least didn't dread the scenes. I also thought Stephanie felt less childish and like someone who spends hours looking for pixie dust in Chad's company. 

Alex literally falling off his feet at meeting Stephanie while Sonny's voiceover plays in his head is really beating the audience over the head with an oak tree. This is obviously heading to a Chad/Stephanie/Alex triangle. The last time we had a Chad/Johnson woman/ RSW character triangle, it was so boring they literally had to turn Ben into a serial killer to give it some weight. I don't have high hopes for this one.

Does anyone else find it glaring that when Sonny was talking about all the "evil" things Leo did to him that he conveniently forgets that he and Will believed they accidentally killed Leo at one point and then rolled his body in a rug and dumped his body. 

I don't feel anything for Eric/Jada. I feel just as apathetic for Rafe/Nicole. It's obvious the writers feel the same.

Rafe feels it in his gut that Gwen is innocent. On shows like these, that pretty much confirms she is innocent. A cop's gut is never wrong on television.

2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Wouldn't Stephanie and Alex already know each other since Justin and Adrienne are her uncle and aunt?  I know Alex isn't her cousin by blood - and she already dated her Uncle Max, so that isn't an issue.  I guess (maybe) today we'll find out if they do remember each other.  

On another Day's board I frequent, they discussed that when original Stephanie (the redhead) and Kayla returned to canvas, it was said that Kayla avoided anyone and everyone that reminded Kayla of Steve. Apparently the first interaction between Stephanie and Pretty Little Liars Abby was the first time they'd ever met, too. We also know SH's Stephanie had never met Max before, either. SH's Stephanie also left the canvas before Sonny was introduced, so there's nothing concrete on whether they knew each other or not growing up. So in theory, it's possible she and Alex never met.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I found Wednesday's show engaging. It was the only day I actually wanted to pay attention. Orpheus gets the best lines.  I thought it also had the most action--the commotion with Stefan at the door/Ava fainting, and the intercut between John/Steve/Stef/Paulina and Kayla/Marlenda/Orpheus & crew.   In contrast, Thursday's ep seemed to be filled with horny people who need a cold shower.  God help us if Alex smashes into Nicole and she starts wet dreaming about him. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I remember Stefanie meeting Adrienne for the first time as an adult on the show.  Apparently Kayla did not keep in touch with Adrienne and her family after Steve "died".. 

I do remember Abigail telling Sonny that they used to play as children so Alex and Abigail should know each other though. Sonny and Will said that they had heard of each other through their cousin Abigail over the years but never actually met face to face..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I thought Stephanie/Chad worked well enough. Stephanie's haircut reminds me of KM's Abby when I thought the show finally got a handle of who her Abby should be. I don't think they are supercouple level chemistry, but I at least didn't dread the scenes. I also thought Stephanie felt less childish and like someone who spends hours looking for pixie dust in Chad's company. 

Alex literally falling off his feet at meeting Stephanie while Sonny's voiceover plays in his head is really beating the audience over the head with an oak tree. This is obviously heading to a Chad/Stephanie/Alex triangle.

!!!!!!!!  OK, I am on hiatus from the show, but the last few times I watched, Chad was deep in the throes of grief  (angry at Thomas looking at Abi's photo, getting drunk, etc.) over Abigail's death so a love story involving another woman SO SOON (it seems soon to me) feels so wrong and disrespectful.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I knew who Abigail K was before she ever auditioned for Stephanie Johnson (she's already aired at least one day as "Stephanie").  She's a retired Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader (There's a forum for their cancelled reality show on here).  I wanna say she's in her early 30s based on when she cheered for the Cowboys (2007-09)

I didn’t realize it was that long ago I thought it was within this decade 

Nicole, you are married to Rafe. You rushed in to the wedding. What Eric does and who he does it with is not your business. Unless you are setting up visits with Holly (in case he still wants to be part of your life), who cares? Let him do what he wants, make all the mistakes he wants, etc. He and Jada owe you nothing.

Did Alex quote Romeo and Juliet to Stephanie? That brings back what's her face. Yeah, you can fall in love at first sight, but one does not creep someone out. Quelle Surprise to find Stephanie at Titan. New set, I guess. And finding out that Stephanie is sort of related to part of your family.

Aww, Kate and Roman made up.

Not Roman's business why his son is sweaty when the place is air-conditioned. Hope the fix is simple or a professional air conditioner person will need to fix it. Are they window units or central air?

I really liked Chanel's nightgown/loungewear. At least Paulina apologized for her actions. I still don't get why folks just drop in and never call to mention they are coming over or are actually invited.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
On 8/25/2022 at 11:04 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Nicole flushing her marriage to The Amazing Rafe down the toilet has potential.

I'm simultaneously applauding and stealing The Amazing Rafe.

6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Nicole and Eric are now having shared dreams? Who are they, CIN?

CIN wishes....pfft. In their dreams!

😆            🤔

• LOL 6

I liked the return of a more petty Nicole.

The threesome things feels so...something. I don't even know what word I wanna use. I'm not certain why Chanel is so into the idea, and why it seems like she has some secret crush on Alex. I know she says she only interested in a twosome, but the actress isn't playing like that's an entirely honest response. However, Days has come a long way regarding something that somewhat resembles sex positivity.

Stephanie had the same "we're 'related' but we're not 'related, related'" discussion with Max. Including the awkward breakdown of how they are not related by blood. I'm pretty sure it was around the time of the "Touch the Sky" storyline.

At this point, Roman and Kate should just get married and become the new Shawn and Caroline.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Abe did do a terrible thing, too, with Jennifer's help.  It got them both arrested, though I forgot what it was.

I have a very vague memory this might be when EJ and Abe were running against each other for Salem mayor.  Did Jen somehow get the questions for the mayoral debate beforehand and Abe used that?  
still, on the list of horrific things people of Salem have done, this doesn’t even make the list!

• Like 6