Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Not much for me with today's show, except I'm so totally over Kristen in any shape or form.  She's beyond tiresome.  

At this point, I'd be more than fine, if when Brady and Chloe answered the door and found her there, they'd given her the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" villain treatment.

giphy.gif

Enough is (soooooooooooooooo much more than) enough with this one.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Eric said Belle's my sister, Shawn's my brother in law.  He should have said Belle's my sister, Shawns my cousin. 

6 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I thought that, too, but Jada might've been weirded out by that.  Ron tends to keep the focus off how borderline-incestuous a lot of the characters' intertwined relationships are.

I think the show in general tries to ignore the many strange and pseudo incestuous relationships in Salem. Julie/Hope, Stephanie/Max - I'll never forget the episode where Stephanie asked Max how was his mom. She was talking about her grandma Caroline. Even in cases where it doesn't really make sense. When Ciara "died," and the show was flirting with Justin/Kayla. The show would only acknowledge Kayla's familial relationship to Ciara, which was weird since Justin/Ciara was the relationship that had more development on screen. With the many Horton/Brady's on canvas, the show usually only acknowledges one familial relation instead of both.

I'm certain I'm missing some.

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Doesn't Kristen have anything else to do?

I like Kristen as the Stephano of Days. I like that she's giving Broe a new storyline, and I actually think all the actors work well together.

While the past two episodes have been a little boring, I have enjoyed the interactions. I'm usually not a Rafe/Gabi sibling relationship fan, but I thought Rafe calmed Gabi, and Gabi made Rafe feel human. It was nice to see their perspectives on their current lives and the relationships in their lives. While GG is not a strong actor, I did think he elevated himself in those scenes, but sadly he came back down the moment he was opposite AZ/Nicole.

Li worked much better as a glorified extra. The actor makes odd decisions with his body that makes me focus on how small his hands seem for a man that looks at least 6 feet tall. The new Dr. Rolf feels a little too grounded for Li's more cartoonish, and dare I say, more James E. Reilly type acting style. It's distracting.

Jada so far seems to fit in well with the late 30s/early 40s Days crowd. While I don't think Jada is acing any of her chem tests yet, she also isn't failing them. I would be okay with Jada and Eric or Shawn, but sadly, I don't think she has the chemistry with either that would make either pairing long-lasting. Ericole and Shelle seem safe.

Chloe/Nicole are such a delight. I was kinda shocked we got a scene as Ron hasn't developed their relationship much but this was the second or third scene with the two in a couple of weeks. The part with Chloe/Nicole entering the Brady Pub felt like improv and worked beautifully. The two seem like natural friends.

Brady/Kristen was okay. I think Brady has improved tenfold as a character the past year. I find it hilarious that the same Kristen who is bringing her brother back from the dead is the same Kristen who is using H.R. as a tool to torment Chloe. 

I like that we seem to be transitioning to new storylines. I actually do have hope for several of them, especially the Stefan return.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Li worked much better as a glorified extra. The actor makes odd decisions with his body that makes me focus on how small his hands seem for a man that looks at least 6 feet tall.

This is so funny because lately all I can think about during EJ's scenes is how small his hands are lol. I'll have to keep an eye on Li's now. The Li actor is so unbelievably bad but in a way that just tickles me so I love it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is so funny because lately all I can think about during EJ's scenes is how small his hands are lol. I'll have to keep an eye on Li's now. The Li actor is so unbelievably bad but in a way that just tickles me so I love it.

He is, but he's handsome, so at least there's that.  He made me laugh when he tried to get all threatening with Rolf, especially since Rolf just looked confused.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I was never an RSW/Ben fan at all(either the actor or the character), but he is rather a "Hoot" as Alex...his whole scene with Chanel & "Sweet Bits" made me laugh.  And I am enjoying Zach Tinker as NuSonny, he has good on-screen chemistry with Billy/Chad & RSW/Alex, and other characters.  And I always love Xander&Sarah together, they are so cute investigating together. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I'm getting a JJ/Eve vibe between Johnny/Ava. I'd welcome a Sami return if she does this to Ava when she finds out

Sarah has a priest fetish first Eric now Xander.. I do think comic relief is the way to go with Xarah but Jack/Jennifer should be the ones investigating the death of their own daughter. Why did they bother bringing them or JJ back if they aren't going to be used?

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Gabi is not going to be happy that her new beau hid that her ex husband is alive.

Yeah, and Stefan won’t be thrilled that not only did Gabi have a relationship with his brother, but his TWIN brother no less!

18 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Ron tends to keep the focus off how borderline-incestuous a lot of the characters' intertwined relationships are.

We’ve said many times how grossly incestuous this show is. I’m not at all surprised show makes it a point never to over explain how someone is related to multiple someone else’s.  

• Love 3

Xander and Sarah already has uncovered more investigating than the cops. 

Ava and Johnny we're not bad. I liked her going after Allie, Allie deserves people attacking her. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

The priest get-up would get Xander in to the prison door. The warden may only be mildly suspicious at someone from a church offering to help the inmates. He and Sarah were cute as investigators. They really have done more than the Salem PD. At least they are filling in a few blanks.

Oh Johnny. Ava may be a little too mature for you and she is Tripp's mom. It was a bit convenient that her robe dropped and she had earbuds on. Not exactly a grieving widow. And of course it was also convenient for the towel to drop. Sigh.

Chad had another line about Sonny's brother looking familiar but he couldn't place him. Tee-hee. Nice of Sonny to recommend counselling to Chad to help him grieve and start to live life again. A little soon as his wife's killer hasn't been found but his heart was in the right place. Something to keep in mind.

Doubt Kristen will be staying above the garage much longer. Gwen, ya gotta line up your ducks a bit. People can and will catch on that you left the prison. And Ava may not be your friend unless you figure out that she did not marry Jake and you have something on her.

Alex being interested in both Chanel and Allie and their sweet bits? Ikes. Chanel is more charismatic than Allie. Maybe he will make Allie a bit more interesting and spunky and have some energy.

• Love 5

If Gwen wants something to do in between plots, why can't she kidnap Kristen and mail her, book rate, to Mongolia?  I'm sure she could rustle up a Kristen mask and finally, at least for a while, make the world a better place.  Kristen demanding Gwen tell her what she and Ava talked about makes Kristen a lot more like Gladys Kravitz than Ma Barker.  

Choosing between Gwen and Kristen is similar to deciding which monster you'd rather have destroying your world, Mothra or Godzilla.

The whole show was like that today.  We had Ava giving Allie crap and Allie coming back on Ava in a threatening manner and had me cheering AVA on.  That's just not right.  But Allie has all the appeal of Miss Gulch coming to take Toto away from Dorothy.

Who's gonna be watching Henry while Allie goes out on the town with Chanel and that walking, talking, tube of Brylcreem called Alex?   

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

Alex gave Chad his condolences about Abby and stated he heard she was a great person. You mean to tell me he never met her? How is that possible?

Especially since she was also his step cousin.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, boes said:

Kristen demanding Gwen tell her what she and Ava talked about makes Kristen a lot more like Gladys Kravitz than Ma Barker.  

What made this extra eye-rolling was Kristen saying Gwen "owed" Kristen for getting Gwen out of prison.  Hey Kristen - Gwen never ASKED/BEGGED/PROMISED A FUTURE FAVOR if you got her out of prison.  That's allllll on Kristen who unilaterally decided to add Gwen to the pardon list. So Kristen can stuff it with Gwen "owing" her!  🙄   

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Probably because of the things that she did to Abigail.  It's not impossible that he was told about her.

That's all I came up with too. Seems a stretch though 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I like the young actor who plays Thomas, he & Billy Flynn had an emotional scene today.  The young actor had all the right emotions on his face.  Its nice that Jen was finally shown & it is acknowledged that she is grieving too.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I like the young actor who plays Thomas, he & Billy Flynn had an emotional scene today.  The young actor had all the right emotions on his face.  Its nice that Jen was finally shown & it is acknowledged that she is grieving too.

Billy was praising him on twitter the other day after their first scene.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Little Thomas is cute and a pretty good actor. His dad is mad at the world and not at him. It is going to be a long, slow road. The tooth that finally came out did so just in time for Mr. Tooth Fairy to drop by. Hello Leo Stark.

Nancy, Clyde is little more than a rebound right now. I would not be investing in him all that much.

So Leo brings a look book to Basic Black featuring he, him, and himself. Ugh.

Leo also runs in to Clyde - who tells him that he didn't give a good description of him to the cops? Why is that?

Is EJ trying to keep his friends close and enemies closer?

Nice to see Jen again. Too bad she can't get together with Sarah and Xander and they can fill her in on the theories and how best to get to Gwen/Ava.

• Love 6

I can't decide which was more laughable, vigilante Chad barging into the police station proclaiming another Salemite as Abigail's killer or Leo claiming the Dimera Mansion was a fortress. Chez House of Horrors gets more foot traffic than Murder Park. 

When Chad called Rafe and said, "I'm down here with Abigail's killer?" I really wanted Rafe to reply, "Who do you think it is now?"

Why did 3 adults fail to confirm to Thomas that Leo is NOT the tooth fairy.  Kid's going to need more therapy than he already does. 

LOL @ "Your weasel and my weasel are the same damn weasel."

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, RedElf said:

Billy was praising him on twitter the other day after their first scene.

And Cady was just praising him on Facebook today.

I want to know what was going on in that cop shop.  They've got Leo in interrogation, they haven't charged him yet, but Shawn and Jada just go home?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Nancy is annoying me with all her Clyde love. 

This could be salvageable if Nancy has a horrific realization about Clyde and realizes that she only became involved with him to fill the void Craig left and wanted to get past the fact that the past 30+ year marriage was built on a lie. However this isn't going to happen so..

They destroyed Craig/Nancy for a man who raped his stepdaughter. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Yes, it's hilarious that Chad keeps hauling people in to the station - but someone has to actually do police work 'round town, and it ain't the Salem PD.

Nancy keeps claiming Leo is responsible for her marriage falling apart. No, your husband realizing he's gay did. Leo just happened to be the person who Craig realized it with. Leo is responsible for a lot of things, but let's not write it like Leo convinced Craig is gay, shall we? Let's have this story line have one iota of maturity.

Edited by RunningMarket
extra words
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

At some point, Nancy will realize that Craig is the homewrecker in her marriage. Leo was just there. He lived a lie and Leo was his way out. It could have been anyone, really.

They did figure out that the common weasel was Leo. I do get Clyde not being exactly honest about selling the jewelry and that he could land back in jail. He did not know that the stuff belonged to a dead woman. He probably figured that Leo stole it from someone.

Chad, you do need to tell Thomas that Leo is not the Tooth Fairy.

I also don't get why there is no good security at the DiMera mansion. Do they just have a Ring doorbell cam? You would think that there would be cameras in the hall, the living room, maybe the wine cellar, etc.

Chad, you just can't haul in one suspect after the next on suspicion of murder. Plus be in the same room with them.

Guess it's time for Marlena's condo to shrink again. Good luck, Belle.

Poor Nicole, hobbling around and not having any dinner and then walking by the pub to see Eric and his new girlfriend. And being stuck with Rafe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I enjoyed today's episode a lot.  Brady and Chloe were low key, which must be hard when they have to deal with a trigger tempered loon like Nancy.  At this point I'm feeling sorrier for Clyde than I am for her.  Finding out that Leo might have been the one that killed Abigail shouldn't have had Nancy chuckling but then again, maybe she's more suited to Clyde than anyone knew.

I find Leo extremely tiresome, but it was nice to see him getting collared by the testimony of a small child who can also act circles around him.

Jada would have my eternal gratitude if she tripped Nicole on her crutches.  She can't walk but she sure can snoop.  She and Rafe are going to be the Gladys and Abner Kravitz of Salem.

Most suprising to me is how much I enjoyed RSW today in his new role as Alex.  I thought he did a more than decent job interacting with Sonny, and it didn't hurt that he dialed it back a bit.  He reminded me of when I first saw him on the AMC reboot, where I liked him.  I'll see how things progress, but maybe it really was being saddled playing that irredeemable character and being stuck with the insufferable Ciara and their stupid storylines that made me dislike him so much.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

She hates Leo, and with good reason.  Knowing something that might get him put away made her happy more than Abigail actually being killed.  In some ways, she clearly believes that that is the perfect revenge for him torpedoing her marriage.

And that makes her a sick little muppet, not the "ain't she cute" kwepie doll Show tries to sell her as.

No wonder she's perfect for Clyde.  I expect Orpheus to be fighting him for her favors soon.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

She hates Leo, and with good reason.  Knowing something that might get him put away made her happy more than Abigail actually being killed.  In some ways, she clearly believes that that is the perfect revenge for him torpedoing her marriage.

This actually would be quite consistent to how Nancy was previously written in her first run on the show. She was conniving, petty, and took great pleasure in scheming with Craig. She wasn't this naïve, earnest, overly forgiving waif (since she acts like she's been thrown away by Craig and Chloe needs to parent her) that the show is painting her as.

"He isn't a man; he's a fairy." Is homophobic language okay because Ron is an out gay man? I'm honestly shocked Thomas saw Leo in the basement and not hiding in a closet.

Maybe I'm in a sensitive mood, but seeing Chad manhandling Leo really triggered me. Grabbing and pulling on him in the square. Literally pushing him into the police precinct. Shawn speaking to him like a dog, "Stay! Sit!" I'm not a Leo fan, but something about it just felt abusive.

Eric/Belle was such a shocking pairing. I liked them together.

When Chad told Rafe he had the murderer, I honestly thought Rafe was going to respond with a, "Which one?" 

The fallout of Abby's murder has been shockingly dull and low stakes. I think the show should have pulled a Cin and just given Chabby a happily ever after and time off screen. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Eric/Belle was such a shocking pairing. I liked them together.

Am I wrong in thinking that out of all her siblings, Belle has had the least interaction with Eric?  But yeah, that was a lovely sibling moment. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

This actually would be quite consistent to how Nancy was previously written in her "He isn't a man; he's a fairy." Is homophobic language okay because Ron is an out gay man? I'm honestly shocked Thomas saw Leo in the basement and not hiding in a closet.

That made me cringe, too.  But a lot of what he's done with this character has made me cringe, like the way he had Leo sexually harrassing Xander and Brady and Will and Sonny.  This may be his hamfisted way of being funny or provocative, but it doesn't work for me.  Far too often he writes Leo using language and characterization that seems to make Leo a source of mockery not for his character but for his sexuality.  If he thinks that self-identifying as a gay man (as I do myself) makes it okay to indulge in stereotyping for "fun" then I wish he'd think again.

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Am I wrong in thinking that out of all her siblings, Belle has had the least interaction with Eric?  But yeah, that was a lovely sibling moment. 

Either him or Paul. However, she just recently started sharing scenes with Brady again. For a while, the show was only interested in the Belle vs. Sami dynamic as far as the Brady/Black siblings go.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Well, for all we know, that'll happen at some point.  It's just a matter of timing and patience.

You base this on what exactly? This is the same show that made a serial killer a romantic lead and see Ejami as a Supercouple. Ron doesn't see Nancy as a desirable woman with the jokes made at her expense of her looks.  She should be lucky that Clyde actually pays attention to someone who looks like her. I'll give JER this he never made Nancy's looks a focal point when it came to Craig/Nancy. They were a couple who were devoted to each other that happened to be unconventional. 

On another note Belle's scenes with Eric were the most I've liked her in ages.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

The fallout of Abby's murder has been shockingly dull and low stakes. I think the show should have pulled a Cin and just given Chabby a happily ever after and time off screen. 

This is really what should have happened especially when Jack/Jennifer/JJ are treated as nonfactors in a storyline involving the murder of their own family member. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Either him or Paul. However, she just recently started sharing scenes with Brady again. For a while, the show was only interested in the Belle vs. Sami dynamic as far as the Brady/Black siblings go.

OMG shows you how much of an impact (VERY little) Paul made on me on DOOL or Beyond Salem that I totally forgot Paul too is Belle’s sibling! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Nope it's largely in part because Eric has been off canvas for the better part of both KS Belle/MM Belle runs. I think when she was aged they only shared about 4-5 scenes mostly with other people, before JA Eric leaves the canvas in 2000. Eric wasn't on Canvas during MM first 4 yrs so their isn't much relationship compared to his with Sami/Carrie & Brady surprisingly.

They've done a good job wth the Brother's even if I don't like Brady. Their still isn't much with Eric and Belle now cause they don't prioritize them as sibs. It could be better 

There is this one moment early 2000 at J/M penthouse that Belle & Marlena upstairs in J/M room talking & John comes in with Eric, Belle's face lights up like a Xmas tree when Eric comes in. I always found it cute & amusing.

• Love 2
On 8/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, norcalgal said:

OMG shows you how much of an impact (VERY little) Paul made on me on DOOL or Beyond Salem that I totally forgot Paul too is Belle’s sibling! 

He had potential in the beginning where it seemed like he kind of had a shady side but after hopping in the sack with FauxWill I don't think they had any idea of what to do with him.

• Love 2

Anna pointing the power tool was funny.  Couldn't decide if she was holding it with a cloth so she didn't get her hands dirty or didn't put fingerprints on it. 😄

Alex, Allie, and Chanel were just cringey, 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Anna pointing the power tool was funny.  Couldn't decide if she was holding it with a cloth so she didn't get her hands dirty or didn't put fingerprints on it. 😄

Alex, Allie, and Chanel were just cringey, 

I turned it off, it was so utterly bad. I only paid attention (and did genuinely laugh) at the Anna/Kristen scenes. "OK, we don't need to reminisce about my litany of crimes..."

• Like 3
  • Love 5