Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I also wish the show put some energy in showing the complicated dynamic between EJ/Johnny that it obviously wants to have. Lucas/Kate or Marlena/Sami spent years showing us the push and pull, but even before that, there was an emotional norm for both characters. Before the affair and before the Curtis reveal, we saw the norm of mothers doing their best to raise teenagers. I don't know what the norm for EJ/Johnny are or EJ raising a young man. Tony saying you "don't wanna lose your son" is great stakes but only if its earned. I'm not certain EJ or Johnny care about losing each other.

2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

If the show was so intent to bring EJ back on canvas (without JS) knowing AS only pops back for limited runs, then they should have made Allie and Johnny teenagers and focused on EJ trying to raise them (as well as maybe a preteen Sydney). We could have gotten an introductory scene where Sami got some international business job offer that was too good to pass up (establishing a good reason for why Sami comes and goes) and EJ telling her that she took care of him during his recovery, so they'll return to Salem and he'll take care of the kids now and then have him find out how hard it is to raise teenagers.  This would have given viewers better character establishment of grown Allie and Johnny by starting them on screen younger (plus they don't act like adults half the time now) and created plenty of conflict as Johnny butted heads with EJ and Allie resented him as a step-dad. Maybe the Chanel triangle would have been less annoying too if she'd have met them both at Salem High. 

Sooooo much this!  We were invested in the Kate/Lucas  and  Marlena/Sami relationship because they first came on canvas as teens and we got to see Kate/Marlena being a mom to their kid. We never had that with Allie/Johnny so the relationship with their parent/s don't feel authentic / organic.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

The show lost its sponsorship for captions, unfortunately.

In the US, closed captioning isn't optional or something that needs to be sponsored.  Producers/distributors are required to provide it except in very limited circumstances (programming that airs between 2 and 6 a.m., non-English, primarily textual...etc.)

If someone is having issues with captioning, there's likely a glitch.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Can’t remember where we are discussing the move to Peacock. I tried to sign up for a year since they are having a special. And after I signed in I got an error code said to try back later I’ve tried three times and I still can’t get on   what are they trying to pull?

Finally got thru. Only reason I am paying for this is because of their discount for $20 for one year this might be my last year watching days

• Love 2

Today's episode was so 'crazy"!  The 3 women tied up but sitting around yakking about their grievences.  Then the hubbies were sitting around the Pub yakking & trying to figure out Orpheus's clues...why didnt they run out to their car & find the info on "Google" while getting somewhere instead of sitting around talking?!   I did get a kick out of Leo & Stephanie's convo in the bar before she knew who he was.  Alex was amusing in the beginning, but now he is just tiresome repeating the same lines about Stephanie, he comes across as dumb & clueless. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

OK so I did hear it right. I have no idea what it's supposed to mean though lol.

It's like a reference to an unexpected person showing up/voicing an opinion while votes are being counted.  Tony is probably the only person in the room who would know what it means, so I appreciate that They gave Tony some dialogue that would be specific to him.  Maybe Kristin would get it, too.  

Did They seriously have Orpheus pardoned from prison for some silly Scavenger Hunt?  Is this storyline connected to what happened on the latest Beyond Salem?  It feels so pointless and underdeveloped, even with the attempts to connect another round of Orpheus' Revenge to the Show's history.  

I did enjoy Gwen totally throwing Leo under the bus, like they're both going Scorched Earth on each other.

My GAWD, more of Cro-Magnon Alex beating his chest and trying to take his Lady back to his cave.  Who thought this would be fun to watch???

Oh No!  NOT Sonny!  He's one of my favorites right now!  Is this turning into a Serial Killer storyline?  It validates my belief that Abigail isn't really dead, and someone has her hidden away somewhere.  MELASWEN!

2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:
2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:
Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Guess Alex K. is thick as a plank. Granted, the show is not known for witty, sparkling dialogue and both actors probably don't have the chops. Give it a rest. If she is working with/for Sonny, slooowwwwwly get to know her. Sometimes it's the Universe saving your butt when you don't get what you want when you want it. Let it build a bit. Two weeks from now, you may have another woman of your dreams to run into. The only good moment was telling Stephanie that her new 'friend' was Leo Stark.

Leo, Stephanie's suit was not all that.

The Orpheus bomb thing was another time filler story. No real point to it, at least not at this time. An hour to find the three ladies. Yawn.

Enjoyed Gwendolyn throwing Leo under the bus. I don't think he stabbed Sonny. How clever to do so in the back.

• Love 8
On 8/10/2022 at 2:18 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I was never an RSW/Ben fan at all(either the actor or the character), but he is rather a "Hoot" as Alex...his whole scene with Chanel & "Sweet Bits" made me laugh.  And I am enjoying Zach Tinker as NuSonny, he has good on-screen chemistry with Billy/Chad & RSW/Alex, and other characters. 

I’m behind enough that when I thought I saw BOllie tell NuSonny “I love you,” I figured the show (or I) had gone completely insane. But are they putting RSW in glasses to make Alex look brainier than Salem’s Favourite Serial Killer? Because I’m not sure it’s working. 

Leo’s still an atrocious waste of my time, Stephanie seems like a whiny mess of a girl, and I cannot be made to care about Snorpheus and the Ex-ISA Silver-Haired Babysitters Club. Or British What’shernose (Gwen?), either. Please let Billy Flynn get away from that charisma-sink.

ETA: I was not expecting to see Sonny get perforated!

There: All caught up. 

Edited by Sandman
Eek.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Today's episode was so 'crazy"!  The 3 women tied up but sitting around yakking about their grievences.  Then the hubbies were sitting around the Pub yakking & trying to figure out Orpheus's clues...why didnt they run out to their car & find the info on "Google" while getting somewhere instead of sitting around talking?!   I did get a kick out of Leo & Stephanie's convo in the bar before she knew who he was.  Alex was amusing in the beginning, but now he is just tiresome repeating the same lines about Stephanie, he comes across as dumb & clueless. 

Then, when the guys finally get to Kayla, Marlena and Kate, knowing there's a BOMB READY TO EXPLODE, they don't take them out of there, instead they give them a good long hug while the timer goes down to zero.  

This group doesn't need Orpheus to take them out with a bomb, all he has to do is sabotage their AARP discount cards or switch out their metamucil for dynamite.

It's like watching a game of wits between Otis and Barney Fife, where all you're doing is waiting to see which one blows up first and you don't really care which one it is.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 8/30/2022 at 2:46 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Gabi's green dress was pretty. Nice to see her in something that isn't from the hooker wear line. 

Jake's grave plate says he was born in 1979. I could have sworn Stefan's grave stone in a previous episode said 1974.   

It's not just you- I remember Stefan's gravestone saying something earlier like 1976 and being surprised because Brandon Barrash is about 5 years younger. I really wish soaps would leave off dates because SORAS makes everything screwy. On General Hospital Spencer's mother She Who Shall Not Be Named died when he was a newborn in 2006. They pushed back his birth year to a relatively gentle SORAS of 2003, but they kept her death date as 2006. I can't even imagine them trying to pull that with Brady- Isabella died in 1992 when he was a newborn, but his adjusted birth year is 1980 which means she died that year as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I hate Leo a little less (and like nuStephanie a little more) for loving Olivia Rodrigo.

I just felt secondhand embarrassment at a (clearly) middle-aged man trying so desperately to sound hip. “It’s like she read my diary”? Seriously? No. Just — no. 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 2

Here is my gripe with the Stephanie, she is basically Abigail. Bringing back Stephanie was fine, in fact, it would have been great to have JJ, Abby, Sonny, and all the cousins back. However, you need to separate the character of Stephanie from her cousin Abby. The similarities are too much. Now, with her bonding with Chad. . .

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Why are Justin and Adrienne in the operating room? Isn't that completely unhygienic?

Why are we zooming in on Alex jealous face at Chad and Stephanie hugging? Are we supposed to think he has ownership of her? 

Ugh

• Like 3
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Why are Justin and Adrienne in the operating room? Isn't that completely unhygienic?

Why are we zooming in on Alex jealous face at Chad and Stephanie hugging? Are we supposed to think he has ownership of her? 

Ugh

Adrienne, I wish it was her. I love Judi Evans but I would rather see her play Adrienne than Bonnie.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

Adrienne, I wish it was her. I love Judi Evans but I would rather see her play Adrienne than Bonnie.

Woops slip of the keyboard. I basically forget she is Bonnie now she is married to Justin again and looks just like Adrienne

• Wink 3
  • Love 1

I know I sound like a broken record, but Joe Moscolo's death coupled with lackluster writing, have combined to make DOOL into a campy comedy. Stephano and Victor were masterminds who could pull off complex evil plots because they were driven by family allegiance and business acumen. Sadly, it doesn't seem like any of the writing teams had the foresight to envision a Salem without Stefano and Victor (John Aniston seems to be failing rapidly) and prepare for the next generation to take over. Stephano, and to some extent, Victor, were the only ones who could actually pull off the evil schemes.. The characters we have today lack the focus that was there in the days of Stefano/Victor sparring. Instead of battles of wit, we have everyone focused on who is involved with whom. It is trite and tiring to have the motivating factor behind supposedly imposing characters be jealousy. Feels like middle school with way too much sex. Kristin's driving force is to get Brady. Nichole's driving force is to want whomever she doesn't have. "Orpheus'" driving force is revenge for things that happened to his family that he seems to be partially responsible for. (There was a period of time I did not watch, so have no clue what went down all those years ago) DiMera and Kirakias family vying for control of the family businesses, but nobody seems to have their heart in it, and what, in fact, are those businesses even about these days? DOOL needs some new blood, from writers to characters. Can we bring in some fresh new people for the characters to interact with, instead of every person having ties to, or history with, characters already on the canvas. So, so tired of the ridiculous story lines, repeat story lines, and overused characters. 

Do we have to pay to watch on peacock? Because that will be it for me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I was chuckling out-loud today at Chloe's face & snarky remarks to Nicole :) When she did the eye-roll & Nicole was offended by that was the best.  Nicole has turned into an Idiot & Chloe was correct in all her statements to Nicole.  Abigail's murder-storyline has turned into something else all together.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, salvame said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but Joe Moscolo's death coupled with lackluster writing, have combined to make DOOL into a campy comedy. Stephano and Victor were masterminds who could pull off complex evil plots because they were driven by family allegiance and business acumen. Sadly, it doesn't seem like any of the writing teams had the foresight to envision a Salem without Stefano and Victor (John Aniston seems to be failing rapidly) and prepare for the next generation to take over. Stephano, and to some extent, Victor, were the only ones who could actually pull off the evil schemes.. The characters we have today lack the focus that was there in the days of Stefano/Victor sparring. Instead of battles of wit, we have everyone focused on who is involved with whom. It is trite and tiring to have the motivating factor behind supposedly imposing characters be jealousy. Feels like middle school with way too much sex. Kristin's driving force is to get Brady. Nichole's driving force is to want whomever she doesn't have. "Orpheus'" driving force is revenge for things that happened to his family that he seems to be partially responsible for. (There was a period of time I did not watch, so have no clue what went down all those years ago) DiMera and Kirakias family vying for control of the family businesses, but nobody seems to have their heart in it, and what, in fact, are those businesses even about these days? DOOL needs some new blood, from writers to characters. Can we bring in some fresh new people for the characters to interact with, instead of every person having ties to, or history with, characters already on the canvas. So, so tired of the ridiculous story lines, repeat story lines, and overused characters. 

Do we have to pay to watch on peacock? Because that will be it for me. 

The romance and smart story telling is gone. Whoever is advising them, focus groups, consultants, etc., is leading them astray.

I prefer bringing back legacy children over new characters as it helps pass the torch, however either way you need a vision. Characters need to be more than one dimensional. This is why character driven stories are important as it builds growth. Where does Gwen and Leo fit after Abigail's murder is solved? With Leo's help, she starts to harass cousin Stephanie? Where does Jada fit after Nicole and Eric get back together? Where does Sloan fit or is she already gone?

Starting on September 12th, you will need to pay in order to watch Days on Peacock.  However, the blue print of Days is wrong and I don't think longer shows or stronger language is the key to a turn around. A clean slate of writers and producers might turn this ship around, but it seems Days is going to see this through with Ron C. and Albert Alarr at the helm.

Edited by Ral80
N/A
  • Love 5

Nicole is ridiculous. I don't usually like Chloe all that much but between today and my having to be on her side against vile Kristen I guess I'm team Chloe 

Can't we just magically find out Rachel is really Mickey and end this custody plot? I don't care how dumb it would be. Sarah deserves a live child more than that sociopath and even though Eric is boring he should have one kid since Sami has 4

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Nicole is hilarious to me.  She's always been so good at being her worst enemy.  I love that she's "happily" married to Rafe but jealous of Eric actually moving on with his life.  A leopard really can't change its spots, lol.  

Kudos to the Show for making me give a damn about Leo.  I kinda feel bad that someone is setting him up for murder, and I really hate myself for it.  

I don't know what's worse, Bonnie and Alex having each other's backs, or Ciara and Ben telepathically reciting Shakespeare to each other.  Please make it stop.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I agree that Nicole is her worst enemy. She's lucky that Chloe is her friend and will listen to her. None of her business what her ex-husband does with his time and life. His life, his choices, his screw-ups, his consequences, his happiness. I do feel that Jada was a little fast in hooking up with new dudes in a new city. At least get a place to live first, explore the new city, and maybe a month or two later, start to meet people. She's still on job probation!

Nikki, you are so not over Eric. Set him free. Yeah, boring Rafe is boring Rafe, but you married him. 

Let him do his stuff. Jada does not deserve your animosity.

I did get a kick out of Rafe going on about all the semi incestuous relationships in Salem and how everyone seems to marry each other.

I felt for Leo a bit. And that too is odd. Someone is calculatingly framing him. It's not Gwennie, so who? Chad, the evidence may show Leo's prints on the knife - but he used it for his meal, or the knife may be clean. Leo just got to Sonny's office two minutes before you. He did try to do the right thing.

Alex, you sure know how to insert yourself in to people's lives. Intruding on your dad's 'date' with his wife?

Why were Justin and Bonnie in the trauma room?

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I did get a kick out of Rafe going on about all the semi incestuous relationships in Salem and how everyone seems to marry each other.

I’m on hiatus from watching but caught about 5 minutes of today’s show and saw this. I laughed because I thought it was the writers’ way of giving a wink to the audience (or maybe this forum since we’ve posted a million times about the incestuous relationships on this show). 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

She'd be raising Mickey with Xander, and he's another sociopath who shouldn't be near a child.

Xander has not kidnapped or attempted to stab anybody in the last year so he's a better bet than Kristen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Sonny sure does get stabbed a lot as collateral damage. Wasn't the last time by Clyde.?

God help me if this is gonna turn into some serial killer storyline with Abby and Sonny getting stabbed. Mainly because my first thought is this is RC's way of "getting back" at the audience with having RSW play a new character while a new serial killer is around. Then RC can "taunt" us about how RSW/Alex isn't a serial killer. I know what I just typed is childish, but I can seriously see RC doing it.

I am somewhat interested in who would want to frame Leo. A back-from-the-dead Diane Colville? Craig? I can't think of too many others he's connected to.

The show wants us to think Alex isn't a creep. Why don't they stop writing him as one? Also, his brother has just been stabbed and fighting for his life, yet he's more concerned about who his not cousin - cousin is hugging. No offense to RSW, but regardless of how many pairs of glasses the show places on his face, he is never going to look smart.

I like this version of Nicole. It seems like a good balance of scheming Nicole of yore and the new Stepford wife.

Ugh, I actually kinda like Rafe and Jada as partners. They actually seem competent. I'm not certain the last time that happened on the Days police force. 

Too bad JA/Victor isn't around right now - I'm assuming health issues. Seeing Sonny in the hospital and no Victor just feels wrong and odd.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Xander has not kidnapped or attempted to stab anybody in the last year so he's a better bet than Kristen.

He has shown kindness in doing all the gardening at the Horton house and empathy and compassion at regularly bringing fresh flowers to Mickey’s grave. Small steps.

Edited by Frozendiva
Grave and not grace
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

He has shown kindness in doing all the gardening at the Horton house and empathy and compassion at regularly bringing fresh flowers to Mickey’s grace. Small steps.

This reminds me of my kids report cards lol. The teachers had set phrases for each subject and empathy and compassion were buzzwords for sure. 

I'd let Xander babysit my kid over Kristen for sure

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

There is something about this Stephanie, actress & character that turns me off. She looks like a rag for starts. That ill  fitting ugly suit, the hair that looks like it was cut at the mall, the voice, the acting. 

I like her. But agree on that suit.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Nicole needs to get her fucking life with that crazy shit she on about Jada. She then lost her mind trying to do a background check all cause she jealous. Nobody told her dumb ass to marry the equivalent of a dishrag.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Orpheus’s wife died in ’79, but their kids don’t look old enough to have been born before the eighties.  #ThingsRonProbablyShouldn’tRemind ViewersOf    Evan and Zoe should be in their forties.

While I always enjoy Orpheus episodes, the geriatric white knights were laughable. First, they struggle to do letter puzzles with basic math and then they guessed colors while snipping bomb wires instead of just carrying the ladies out of there to safety. Clearly, they were worried about throwing out their backs since Orpheus didn’t include Ben-Gay in his adventure game package.

Dear Retcon Ron,

Victim blaming isn’t cool. So Rebecca was supposed to call out her presence yet alone her name when arriving to warn her husband and his partner during a dangerous clandestine mission. Seriously? Back in the day, RoJohn did credit her for being brave and trying to help them. But now Chris Kositcheck Roman is treating her death like it was her fault he’s trigger happy. Also, Orpheus called out to try and stop him.  Seems Roman has forgotten that in his old age. Guess John forgot it too since he also has Roman’s memories.

Sincerely,

Please Watch Old Episodes More Closely

Stephanie has told the ‘ex who ghosted me’ story twice in two consecutive days (1 day in Salem based off that awful pants suit she’s still wearing). Yep, he’s so gonna show up in town soon.

How many times are we going to have to sit through ‘Dimera Enterprises calls a board meeting vote?’ Does Ron not realize it’s pretty pathetic that the company named after Salem’s big bad for decades has been reduced to fighting over who runs a hooker-ware clothing line.  

On 9/1/2022 at 4:07 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Alex was amusing in the beginning, but now he is just tiresome repeating the same lines about Stephanie, he comes across as dumb & clueless. 

Yep, he's still playing Ben.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

That's why she was there?!  About what was she was even trying to warn them?

RoJohn told the story back in the 80s during the Stockholm storyline (the bonds storyline) when the memory came back to him and he remembered what actually went down and why Orpheus was after him.  It was established that in 1979, he and Orpheus were ISA partners on some case that dealt with these treasury bonds and Russian spies.  Rebecca somehow came across some information that affected their mission (I think about the Russians) and came out to warn them.  Back then Roman (RoJohn) treated her death as a bad mistake/accident. He compared her to Marlena and the other Salemite heroines who tended to get involved/help in the adventures/mysteries of that time.  He seemed genuinely remorseful, not this jackassy she-shouldn't-have-been there crap that Chris Kostichek Roman spouted. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

#ThingsRonProbablyShouldn’tRemind ViewersOf  

#ICan'tWriteForBeans

#TheyPAYMeToWriteThisMalarkey

#EveryCharacterITouchIsRuined

#ITakeKillAllYourDarlingsLiterally

#LegacySchmegacy!

At least Nicole marrying ShutUp!Rafe means two stupid people are miserable instead of four.

• LOL 5

Yikes!  The end of today's show!  What the heck is going on with Leo?!  Or does he have a Twin?  Meanwhile, I like the sparks between Sloan & Rafe...she really livens him up...they could make a good couple solving crimes together.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I may have missed something.  The last thing I saw was Rafe and Sloan in Leo’s empty hotel room.  Although he did say she would find him under the bed. 
   Alex is a creep.  

The last scene was Leo(wearing a blond wig) entering Sonny's hospital room & Sonny waking up & realizing Leo was hovering over him...

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
On 9/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Yikes!  The end of today's show!  What the heck is going on with Leo?!  Or does he have a Twin? 

Ucch, would that mean twice the smarm from Rikaart? Hard pass.

This show is already lousy with doppelgangers. Kristen and Susan; Hope and Gina; Adrienne and Bonnie; Marlena and Samantha and Hattie; Tony and André; Stefan and Jake -- no one has ever said of this show "You know what's missing? A twin storyline!" Double ucch.

Edited by Sandman
Because I forgot Hattie!
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Ucch, would that mean twice the smarm from Rikaart? Hard pass.

This show is already lousy with doppelgangers. Kristen and Susan; Hope and Gina; Adrienne and Bonnie; Marlena and Samantha; Tony and André; Stefan and Jake -- no one has ever said of this show "You know what's missing? A twin storyline!" Double ucch.

You forgot Julie and 

giphy.gif

Bless her heart.....

• LOL 5
27 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Stephanie has only been on screen a few weeks and I'm already tired of her.

Ditto! She should be in her early thirties but she acts like she's barely out of high school. Her attitude is really grating. I can't believe they couldn't find a better characterization for Stayla's kid. Nevermind, yes, I can. The legacy kids are typically the worst.  Case in point, Ciara. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2