Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Ditto! She should be in her early thirties but she acts like she's barely out of high school. Her attitude is really grating. I can't believe they couldn't find a better characterization for Stayla's kid. Nevermind, yes, I can. The legacy kids are typically the worst.  Case in point, Ciara. 

I think JJ is the only one I truly care about and he's MIA.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:27 PM, brisbydog said:

Nicole is ridiculous. I don't usually like Chloe all that much but between today and my having to be on her side against vile Kristen I guess I'm team Chloe 

Can't we just magically find out Rachel is really Mickey and end this custody plot? I don't care how dumb it would be. Sarah deserves a live child more than that sociopath and even though Eric is boring he should have one kid since Sami has 4

Yes please while Xander leaves a lot to be desired based on his past he's not nearly as cartoonish and one note as Kristen has become. I at least believed Xander cared about Mickey as if she was his own. I don't buy Kristen loves Rachel at all beyond a tool to control Brady.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Ucch, would that mean twice the smarm from Rikaart? Hard pass.

This show is already lousy with doppelgangers. Kristen and Susan; Hope and Gina; Adrienne and Bonnie; Marlena and Samantha; Tony and André; Stefan and Jake -- no one has ever said of this show "You know what's missing? A twin storyline!" Double ucch.

SO much this ☝️

18 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Stephanie has only been on screen a few weeks and I'm already tired of her.

This too ☝️.

Jennifer has a pill problem. It started when Laura died and then exacerbated when Abigail died. Did I interpret that correctly? If so, the writers could have really built this story up, woven it between Laura's and Abigail's death. They had Maggie come over and within minutes spot the pills. Then, Jennifer, seconds later confesses and goes to an AA meeting. I know there is more to come with this story, mainly Gwen because everything revolves around her within the Deveraux family. What I would have liked seeing, Abigail helping her mom through this addiction over Laura's death. I can't believe I am saying this, but they could have even incorporated Gwen too. But Days only works around certain actors schedules or can't be bothered recasting. I assume this story will drag out and Jack will finally get a clue around February 2023 sweeps when we finally learn who killed Abby framed Leo.

Stephanie is Chad's support system. . .are you kidding me??? You can chem test all you want but come on, Stephanie wasn't even at Abigail's funeral (remember, she sent flowers), but she now wants to be there for Chad and the kids. Gotcha. One more thing, (my opinion) stop making Stephanie Abigail.

I cannot even go there with Alex. . .perhaps another day.

I still cannot believe that Abigail's death is all about LEO.

One bright side to today's show, I liked that Justin thought of Adrienne and wished he could hear her voice. Yeah, me too as this whole Bonnie/Justin romance is a slap in the face to Adrienne/Justin fans. Although Bonnie provides some comic relief (and I adore Judi Evans), what does the character bring to the table? They have written her to be so much like Adrienne, but with a little spice. I don't need the spice, I need my girl back.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Stephanie sure was horrible walking in and behaving like that, her boss sitting right there. Victor should have fired her on spot for her attitude. 

She can go anytime now, so tired of her. 

Could Leo's ex husband be the killer?  Murdering a mother with 2 kids in her bedroom is really personal grudge, crime of passion . 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Stephanie sure was horrible walking in and behaving like that, her boss sitting right there. Victor should have fired her on spot for her attitude. 

She can go anytime now, so tired of her. 

Could Leo's ex husband be the killer?  Murdering a mother with 2 kids in her bedroom is really personal grudge, crime of passion . 

I have an awful feeling they will make it Craig, gone mad with grief at losing Leo. Or some such  crap

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1

Jennifer's pill addiction seemed to come from nowhere. No hint of it with Abigail, or coming to visit, or anything. Too easy to throw them in the trash and then fish them out after the AA meeting. Maggie, you just can't take someone to an AA meeting unless they want help for their problem/addiction. Jennifer is not ready. Like slapping on a cheap plastic bandage that falls off in water.

Stephanie behaved a bit unprofessional with the K-Man himself. I was also uncomfortable with Alex hovering over her and her laptop. Plus her spin of him. Yeah, it is all PR and positive press, but you don't even know the guy.

Stephanie, you are a taller Abigail with a new hair colour and style.

If I was Sonny, I'd be horrified at waking up and seeing an ugly female version of Leo complete with a blonde wig.

Why did Rafe have to drive Sloan?

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Jennifer's pill addiction seemed to come from nowhere. No hint of it with Abigail, or coming to visit, or anything. Too easy to throw them in the trash and then fish them out after the AA meeting. Maggie, you just can't take someone to an AA meeting unless they want help for their problem/addiction. Jennifer is not ready. Like slapping on a cheap plastic bandage that falls off in water.

Did I hallucinate a previous addiction story involving Jennifer? Didn’t she have an addiction to pills some years ago and that’s how she and Eric bonded?  Not sure if they actually became lovers, but I thought Jen had an addiction but did seek help.  (I vaguely recall a scene with MA as Jack - - - who was dead at the time  - counseling Jen). 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Did I hallucinate a previous addiction story involving Jennifer? Didn’t she have an addiction to pills some years ago and that’s how she and Eric bonded?  Not sure if they actually became lovers, but I thought Jen had an addiction but did seek help.  (I vaguely recall a scene with MA as Jack - - - who was dead at the time  - counseling Jen). 

Yes, Jen had a previous pill addiction. It’s what drew her and Eric together and they dated.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Yes, Jen had a previous pill addiction. It’s what drew her and Eric together and they dated.

The viewers could have been shown a pill bottle again and not this coming out of nowhere addiction relapse.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Jennifer and Maggie's AfterSchool Special Moment was hilarious.  Firstly, it came out of nowhere, and then Jennifer threw the pills in a garbage can inside the house.  Ummmm, Maggie, she can just get the pills back out of the garbage when she gets home.   

Wasn't Leo's father a Big Meanie, and that was supposed to be Leo's reasoning for being such an asshole?  I smell a DID storyline.  I got a total Psycho vibe from the blond wig reveal.  If Leo has another personality that's a killer, that sounds like something Ron would love as a Big TWIST.

I'm just not seeing the comparisons of Stephanie to Abigail, especially not Marci Miller's version.  Maaaaybe if you're comparing her to Katie Mansi's version but I prefer to pretend like she never happened. 

Can someone stomp on Alex's glasses and break them into a million tiny pieces!?!  PLEASE!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Will sounded so bored to me, does he always sound like that?  It was like he wanted to be anywhere except by his husbands side.

Well, he's dressed in a long sleeve flannel shirt in the hot, humid midwest summer of Salem and he just came from L.A. that's hot as hell, so maybe he's confused by dehydration.  Also, he's probably working really really hard to NOT smile which is his default expression for every scene.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

There was a scene not long ago of Chad going off on a tangent.  Jennifer talking to him and almost breaking down.  Chad looked like for a second he realized Jennifer also lost someone she loved.  I really thought that scene was going somewhere.  Jenn looked like someone who could not hold it in anymore.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

FOUR NBC DAYS LEFT!

I knew the show was moving to Peacock but I had NO idea it was happening this soon!?!?!?  Wow, I'm on hiatus now - when it's easier for me to catch the show. Although I have Peacock I have a couple of extra steps to work on my remote control to get DOOL. Long story short, this show might just "disappear" from my memory banks after they move to Peacock. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Speaking of that, should Sloan have been obligated to tell Rafe where Leo was?  I thought that she'd be bound by attorney/client privilege.

I questioned some of their conversation wasn't legally sound too.  Did Rafe even put out an APB on him?

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Agree, I was left wondering if I missed a previous scene where Jennifer got the bottle or even took a pill. Ron's pacing on stories is awful. "Build up" is clearly not a word in his writing dictionary.  Also agree that the pills were hardly discarded. All she did was drop the closed bottle in a trashcan for paper trash. Maybe Maggie could have tossed them in a public trash bin instead.  I don't really see Jennifer Rose going dumpster diving, addiction or not.

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Stephanie behaved a bit unprofessional with the K-Man himself. I was also uncomfortable with Alex hovering over her and her laptop. Plus her spin of him. Yeah, it is all PR and positive press, but you don't even know the guy.

Stephanie, you are a taller Abigail with a new hair colour and style.

Agree too. Now that Abigail and Ciara are gone, it seems that Stephanie is stepping up to fill the entitled brat role. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Rafe and Nicole are happily married yet Nicole is having sex dreams about her ex and Rafe is clearly attracted to Leo’s attorney. 

But have they ever REALLY shown them to be happily married?  It seems like they only got married because Nicole couldn't think of a good reason NOT to.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Best part of today's episode?  Rafe freely admitting he's an idiot :)  The two "actors" playing Rafe and Sloane are both so bad at this acting gig, they kind of cancel each other out.

I actually like Leo when they have him doing more then playing "the allegedly hot young stud" but then again, I like Gwen too--I think the actress is talented and I hope she starts to be redeemed.  I'm glad that Sonny is alive and recovering but who is this knife-wielding psycho and who's going to be attacked next?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Rafe and Nicole are happily married yet Nicole is having sex dreams about her ex and Rafe is clearly attracted to Leo’s attorney. 

So I'm not the only one who thought Rafe's remark about making "things sticky" wasn't just in the legal sense? 

• Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't really see an addict relapsing after their child is murdered as something that 'came out of nowhere.' That's one of the most realistic things Ron has ever done lol.

It’s nowhere because this story has barely featured Abby’s family at all. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm glad that Sonny is alive and recovering but who is this knife-wielding psycho and who's going to be attacked next?

My theory is that it's actually Diana Colville. Does it make any sense that a 70-year old woman could wield knives and stab people to death? No, but since when did that ever stop a soap?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Being a Xander&Sarah fan, I was happy that they got a wedding, but I could have done without Gwen popping in to disrupt things.  Sarah looked pretty in her wedding dress & Xander finally got to wear his kilt to his wedding.  Meanwhile, Jack is just an Idiot.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

My theory is that it's actually Diana Colville. Does it make any sense that a 70-year old woman could wield knives and stab people to death? No, but since when did that ever stop a soap?

Or this one in particular? Nevertheless, aside from the supervillain-level strength part, this theory does make a certain sense. As someone with some investment in Leo’s happiness, Diana could have a motive to tick names off Leo’s list. (Of course, the sheer logic of it probably means the show’s not going to go there.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Being a Xander&Sarah fan, I was happy that they got a wedding, but I could have done without Gwen popping in to disrupt things.  Sarah looked pretty in her wedding dress & Xander finally got to wear his kilt to his wedding.  Meanwhile, Jack is just an Idiot.

Sarah’s wedding look was lovely and surprisingly put together even liked the bouquet 

• Love 6

Xander and Sarah's happiness was really well displayed. Could feel it. Finally got to the vows!

I don't feel sorry for Gwen. Am I supposed to feel sorry for Gwen?

Sonny has the Salem brain today. Wonder if he'll cover for Leona

Sloane calling Rafe a moron was enjoyable 

I like Cady so much as Jennifer.. and I was a diehard J&J fan in 1990. P.s. Jack you suck

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Good episode today.

I hope Leo and Sonny team up to find out who is doing this. They have some chem. A little lovers to enemies to lovers with them could be fun lol.

I like Sloane. I even enjoy Sloane and Rafe together. He's such a dick, even manhandling her. Rafe works best as an asshole though imo.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

They did last time, too.  Jada just interrupted.

And yes.  Yes, you are.

I certainly don't. Gwen can FOAD already.

7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Sarah’s wedding look was lovely and surprisingly put together even liked the bouquet 

This show made me happy today thanks to Sarah/Xander. Mark that on a calendar, folks! I said something positive! 😊

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Maggie, Jennifer is not going to tell Jack about her pill issue until she has to - i.e. gets caught. One does not toss pills in to the trash. One should take them to a pharmacy so they are properly disposed.

Sarah didn't buy a second or third gown. Same one as the previous two wedding ceremonies. Xander looked handsome in his kilt and haircut. Right now, they seem to see and bring out the best in each other and it just may work for a while. Gwen did not need to show up.

Wonder if Sonny and Leona will actually crack the case. Leo did not make an attractive nurse.

Rafe is far more interesting with Sloane than he is with Nicole.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't really see an addict relapsing after their child is murdered as something that 'came out of nowhere.' That's one of the most realistic things Ron has ever done lol.

For me, I felt like it was "out of nowhere" because we hadn't been shown any indication that Jennifer was struggling since her mother's death.  I agree that it's realistic, because many addicts relapse, but it would have been nice to see a couple scenes of Jenn popping pills before The Touching Moment between Maggie and Jenn.

They totally got me with Leo in that wig.  I was expecting something different but I liked how it played out with Sonny making an effort to help Leo.  

It's odd how I think the actress playing Sloane is so obviously "acting", and Galen Gering is Rafe, yet they have this scene chemistry that is undeniable.  Does she know him in real life?

Atta girl, Jennifer.  Take those pills back out of the garbage and lie about it.  Winning!

• Like 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Good episode today.

I hope Leo and Sonny team up to find out who is doing this. They have some chem. A little lovers to enemies to lovers with them could be fun lol.

I like Sloane. I even enjoy Sloane and Rafe together. He's such a dick, even manhandling her. Rafe works best as an asshole though imo.

They don't even have to be lovers - frenemies works for me too.  Leo is actually somewhat interesting when he's not being an over the top asshole.

Rafe actually seemed like a real boy today instead of the usual wooden puppet he is with Nicole (and let's be honest, pretty much everyone else too.)  I'm intrigued that Sloane immediately called Leo to tip him off that Rafe was coming for him.  If they keep her character around I hope they keep some of the nuance there - a not cartoon villain who doesn't have a problem "bending" a few rules.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Watched it. Liked it. So glad there was a happy event during this historic week.

Telfer got a wedding in the Horton livingroom? Deserved. He's been around a decade now, I think, and done great work. He's earned a ceremony in as iconic a place as that. Yay Xander!

Granted, I think it's nuts that Jennifer would be welcoming towards the guy who shot Marlena....but then, Jen and Doc never speak anymore so...whatever?

Nitpicking...but I wish Xander's hair was curlier today. In the dream wedding when Sarah left the show, his haircut allowed for all his locks to be curly. I think his buzzed sides made it look weird. Just me?

I also still often wish Sarah had slightly more reddish locks. I like those visual links between parent and child. Her dark brown is...fine. but with a little dye it could have been great.

Gwen, meanwhile, can die midsentence at this point. Scram! Go cry on that bed forever! You suck and I can't bear you anymore. My pity towards Emily has been exhausted. This character is insufferable. I don't see why we're constantly getting her POV. I wanted the (modest) wedding party to push her out the door without hesitation and then slap Jack upside the head until he agrees to ignore her forever. She *maybe* killed both Laura and Abigail,  Jack - you get to stop caring now!!!

Leo in a wig was fun. We've never seen this from a gay man in a soap, only straight ones, so it was a refreshing spin on an old trope. But he could also die midsentence and I wouldn't mind. Today, his tolerability was a fluke.

Rafe finally said it! Give him a cookie. The idiot figured himself out. I wanted to cheers with you all when he did! Sloan's a weak actress but if she gets him away from Nicole, I'd give her an Emmy nod.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Gwen, meanwhile, can die midsentence at this point. Scram! Go cry on that bed forever! You suck and I can't bear you anymore. My pity towards Emily has been exhausted. This character is insufferable. 

From your lips to the Soap God's ears.  When that acidic, sociopathic self-pitying drip showed up at the Horton House and overheard the wedding celebration, she couldn't just slink off like the reptile she is, she had to wait until the end to sputter some self-serving bullshit, utter some obviously fake congrats and then slither off, knowing she'd knocked a good moment for all involved off kilter, making herself the center of attention AGAIN.

Remember how odious Maggie's "new" daughter, Summer was, some years back?  She was nowhere near as toxic a character as Gwen is.

And because it can't be said enough, Jack, you're a moron.

As far as I'm concerned, Jenn back on pills is all his fault.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I actually like Leo when they have him doing more then playing "the allegedly hot young stud" but then again, I like Gwen too--I think the actress is talented and I hope she starts to be redeemed

Good to know I'm not alone re: Leo & Gwen.

13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Another theory is Jackie Cox (Leo's ex) which makes much more sense IMO.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, boes said:

When that acidic, sociopathic self-pitying drip showed up at the Horton House and overheard the wedding celebration, she couldn't just slink off like the reptile she is, she had to wait until the end to sputter some self-serving bullshit, utter some obviously fake congrats and then slither off, knowing she'd knocked a good moment for all involved off kilter, making herself the center of attention AGAIN.

Remember how odious Maggie's "new" daughter, Summer was, some years back?  She was nowhere near as toxic a character as Gwen is.

Wow - brilliant observation boes.  Hadn't seen it...but then, I tried very hard to forget that stupid character. Gwen IS Summer though....only without the show taking the hint.

I hate them both.

2 minutes ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Another theory is Jackie Cox (Leo's ex) which makes much more sense IMO.

Woah that's a deep cut... it would a cameo character get to kill off leads?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Woah that's a deep cut... it would a cameo character get to kill off leads?

Makes more sense to me than all the rest. Plus, they get to wrap up this ridiculous storyline with a neat little bow, keeping the rest intact. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I am show behind 

imho jennifer offered her house to get the focus off of her.  Jack is an idiot but he was asking questions that Jenn did not want to answer.  
    Sarah and Zander are a beautiful couple. 
  Leo just need a little foundation and he would have looked lovely too.  

• LOL 7
9 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

And skipping their wedding scenes made me happy!  Guess we both said something positive!

I feel I can't properly judge and hate the characters I loathe unless I watch them. Maybe skipping Kristen scenes might help my blood pressure

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Victimsurvivor…let’s try target. I really don't think Jada or Kate accurately labeled what Kate is to Orpheus at the moment. 

Speaking of, has Orpheus unleashed the Salem version of Covid from the Wilheim lab? 

Comments from the mini peanut gallery (re: Jarlena): “I don’t care if they were a super couple back in the 80s, I don’t want to see these gray-haired people in bed all day. Ugh!” My pre-teen may have identified a major reason this show struggles with younger viewers. 😁

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1