Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

That scene of Johnny running, shirtless, in the Town Square & Craig giving him 'the eye", and then Craig checking out Johnny's pecs...so Strange!  To me, just a weird scene....  The last part of the show was interrupted by Pres. Biden's speech

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That scene of Johnny running, shirtless, in the Town Square & Craig giving him 'the eye", and then Craig checking out Johnny's pecs...so Strange!  To me, just a weird scene.... 

I missed the first 20 minutes or so today, so missed all that.  Sounds really weird, though. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

and a vague memory of Eugene

Maybe because it's funny and broke the "fourth wall" but I remember one scene clearly between Eugene (that's Q for the Star Trek:TNG folks) and Calliope having dinner together in a restaurant.  The music is soaring and all of a sudden, Calliope yells for the music to pipe down.   🤣  I think it was Calliope thought Eugene was going to propose marriage and she didn't want the music to overpower the moment.  

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I, too, have vague memories of that time frame and remember Renee. I only saw it periodically back then, but I did start watching before she was killed off.  I remember seeing her later on Another World and thinking that Days should bring back her character. 

What's ironic is, I think, she was not all that well received on Another World as - I guess - she was seen as too young for the role (and replaced the popular actress, Anna Stuart, in the role. Stuart obviously came back...).

I'm of two minds about Renée/Philece Sampler having never returned. From one of the write ups from a friend of hers after her death, the friend said she had always hoped TPTB would have asked her back. So that saddens me that she was willing but was never asked.

On the other hand, Renée to this day is remembered by those that loved the character quite fondly. She would have been as damaged as all of the other classic-era characters if she did return, so...

(Unless she returned as a lookalike or twin; then she would have to have just had to handle a likely poorly-conceived character with the bad writing.)

I do remember also seeing Ms. Sampler on an episode of Hunter, "From San Francisco With Love", and she was good there as one of the perps, too.

20 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Was Daphne Tony's mother?

Yes.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

! Even though I wasn’t watching when Renee was around, I’ve watched the clip, and wouldn’t she act/ sound more like her with the Rolf serum (thanks Abigail, lol) . She’s still baby voice Sarah.

There are a lot of things actors can do, but changing voice patterns (as opposed to mimicking accents or whatnot) is almost physiologically impossible, so...

As I said, this whole story is a pile of shit. And I really do think it is insulting to the late actress and her work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

There are a lot of things actors can do, but changing voice patterns (as opposed to mimicking accents or whatnot) is almost physiologically impossible, so...

As I said, this whole story is a pile of shit. And I really do think it is insulting to the late actress and her work.

Ir like when on the show Friends, Joey's character on Days got a brain transplant with Susan Sarandon's soap diva character where he was supposed to then become her character.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Who are all these people that are around and care about Nancy that Marlena is speaking of? She's not exactly high on the list of friends. 

Nene.. EVERYONE is forgiven  in Salemland!! Marlena likes to lie about those things🙄🙄

Edited by Chellfairy
Me
  • LOL 1
On 2/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

IIRC, they only showed her putting in one pill.  I thought the same thing - enough for a horse?  Really?  She had no clue.

Welp..Abs is a stellar investigative/reporter 🤦🏼‍♀️. Not to mention a dull one at that.Too bad she couldn’t be a better mom. And her husband is an ass, as well. However, I was rooting for her, but she failed. This storyline just sucks.

• Love 3

I was surprised that Marlena talked about conversion therapy in her chat with Nancy. It is illegal here in Canada (I believe) and that is not the road to take to get Craig back to his old self. I also liked that Craig cannot choose to be gay. It does happen and people are devastated. Craig telling Nancy he still wants to be her friend? No. He also should not have been checking out Johnny DiMera. At least Salem Place is covered. He would freeze here if he ran around like that in February.

Not cool of him to half eat the chocolates in the box. You don't like it - throw it out. Not cool of him to glamour Gabi so she sees a fake signature.

I liked Gabi's dress and Nicole's dress. Great Nikki, tell Ava that you and Rafe had a one time thing. At least it is out.

Brady has Valentine's Day plans except for maybe reading a story to Rachel?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No. He also should not have been checking out Johnny DiMera.

It's no different than how heterosexual men ogle women on a regular basis.  But I will agree that soaps don't have scenes with heterosexual men leering at women very often, if ever.  We have been subjected to Leo trying to seduce Xander and Brady(?), though, which kinda falls in the same category as Craig eye-humping Johnny.  

Nicole calling out Ava surprised me.  I guess I was expecting the Show to drag this out forever.  The Olympics probably didn't help with the pacing but I don't remember it feeling like there was any kind of build-up for that kind of confrontation before the break.

Speaking of the Olympics, it looks like they really weren't expecting to be preempted with the Valentine's celebrations happening.  I wonder if there will be any other time sensitive events before we get caught up to what they are taping now.   

If we must be subjected to the continuation of the Demon Possession, it would have been more fun to have MarDevil giving horrible advice to Nancy's Talking Wig than what we got instead. 

I'm already rolling my eyes at who I think Craig's LoverBoy is going to be.  *sigh*

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It's no different than how heterosexual men ogle women on a regular basis.  But I will agree that soaps don't have scenes with heterosexual men leering at women very often, if ever.  We have been subjected to Leo trying to seduce Xander and Brady(?), though, which kinda falls in the same category as Craig eye-humping Johnny.  

Nicole calling out Ava surprised me.  I guess I was expecting the Show to drag this out forever.  The Olympics probably didn't help with the pacing but I don't remember it feeling like there was any kind of build-up for that kind of confrontation before the break.

Speaking of the Olympics, it looks like they really weren't expecting to be preempted with the Valentine's celebrations happening.  I wonder if there will be any other time sensitive events before we get caught up to what they are taping now.   

If we must be subjected to the continuation of the Demon Possession, it would have been more fun to have MarDevil giving horrible advice to Nancy's Talking Wig than what we got instead. 

I'm already rolling my eyes at who I think Craig's LoverBoy is going to be.  *sigh*

Ron Carlvati loves doing that. He did the same thing on GH. Like it was said, it isn’t done with men/woman but in general  men ogling woman isn’t really done in daytime. Sexual tension yes….ogling no. I am curious who is Craig’s “boyfriend”. It’s gotta be a “name” in soaps. I’m often amazed how Days is able to lock down on some of their casting. I haven’t checked any spoilers and I don’t want to know so Ill be eagerly waiting for tomorrow’s episode. Also, it’s nice to know the devil plays on both teams. It’s very progressive of him. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I was surprised that Marlena talked about conversion therapy in her chat with Nancy. It is illegal here in Canada (I believe) and that is not the road to take to get Craig back to his old self. I also liked that Craig cannot choose to be gay. It does happen and people are devastated. Craig telling Nancy he still wants to be her friend? No. He also should not have been checking out Johnny DiMera. At least Salem Place is covered. He would freeze here if he ran around like that in February.

If I heard Marlena correctly, she said that conversion therapy is outdated and as a segue to say that gay people aren't broken. Personally, I thought it was a clunky conversation in general. 

I know Ron is gay, but I thought the Johnny/Craig scene was offensive. It seemed like the type of scene you'll get in the early 90s with a gay guy creepily ogling a "straight" guy. However, that's also how Ron writes Leo, so he obviously thinks it's hilarious. 

Shouldn't Chloe/Johnny at least know what the other looks like.

This is my first episode since the show came back. 

Did Brady show up 50 minutes into the episode?

Nicole/Ava are calling each other "bestfriends" in the beginning of the episode and "B*tch and whore" at the end of the episode. 

I'm rooting for JoDevil/Gabi. I really like the two. I'm assuming Johnny is supposed to be early 20s, but he and Gabi only look to have about a 2 or 3 year age difference. This makes sense as the actor is 28 according to Google and the actress 31. I hope the show never mentions Gabi knowing Johnny as a little kid again because the two look like they could have been childhood friends.

• Love 6

Everything about Craig and Nancy's return is pretty awful, from Show expecting us to care deeply about the trauma of two characters who haven't been around in ages, to Patrika Darbo over-acting - and that wig! - Chloe's immobile face trying to register a reaction.

And soon it'll get worse with Craig's boyfriend.

I hope Nancy smothers him with her wig.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

I too was surprised that Julie, Ben, and Ciara pooled the Salem brain cells to figure out that the Devil was still in town and that the likely newly possessed is Johnny. Julie's face looked a bit tight at times.

Nicole, you were almost smart and almost got it out of the Vitali goon that he worked for the family. Too bad Trask came in too early.

So everyone is telling Allie that Tripp is proposing? She does seem a bit young to get married, but it is a soap. Guess she just likes the safety of boring Tripp and that he is a good babysitter.

Gabi, you are not dealing with the real Johnny. Chances are he drugged the chocolates. Jake isn't anything to write home about, but at least you know who he is. And Johnny is spouting some sort of Bible passages at you - hmmmm, or things that make you go hmmmm.

• Love 4

Picture this - Sicily, 1912, a young woman with a goat goes......

giphy.gif

Oh wait, wrong show.  A better show, but still the wrong show.

After Julie barging in on those two nicompoops in her usual passive aggressive annoying way - this time dressed in red like an inflamed boil, it got me wondering what would happen if Show ever decided to put Julie, Nancy and Paulina in an extended scene together.  The sheer amount of overacting from all three would probably cause such an explosion there'd be a rift in the time continuum.

All in all, judging by today's episode, not a bad idea.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
On 2/25/2022 at 11:44 AM, boes said:

Everything about Craig and Nancy's return is pretty awful, from Show expecting us to care deeply about the trauma of two characters who haven't been around in ages, to Patrika Darbo over-acting - and that wig! - Chloe's immobile face trying to register a reaction.

And soon it'll get worse with Craig's boyfriend.

I hope Nancy smothers him with her wig.

It’s all about the wig-gate! It all stems from there. And Chloe’s lack of facial emote ..makes her shock and supposed emotions with all in her personal life so much worse! 
i, for one, am mortified that the actress who plays Nancy is Ok with the WIG.

Jeers to hoping she wacks th all with wig!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

If someone were a casual watcher and tuned in on Friday, they would have just thought that Johnny was an asshole, not possessed by the devil.

Also, having a young man intentionally humiliating an older gay man is not a good look, Show.

• Love 10

You would think Ron would want to write for his people better but I guess its some solace that he just is equal opportunity with writing everyone so terribly. Sad thing is I expect him to be the Days writer till the show goes off the air and tbh I'm starting to think it should've been cancelled instead of renewed till 2023.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

You would think Ron would want to write for his people better but I guess its some solace that he just is equal opportunity with writing everyone so terribly. Sad thing is I expect him to be the Days writer till the show goes off the air and tbh I'm starting to think it should've been cancelled instead of renewed till 2023.

⬆️10O%

At this point, they’d be better off showing Days from the very first episode! . Everything being repeated again and again is exasperating . 
I’d rather watch the reruns from the start.

thata my take

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

i, for one, am mortified that the actress who plays Nancy is Ok with the WIG.

Jeers to hoping she wacks th all with wig!!

I am hoping that the wig is just a temporary prop until she divorces Craig and gets a glamour make-over. I am not sure who they will pair her with, but you know that Days can't have a single woman. LOL - TR, perhaps?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, RedElf said:

If someone were a casual watcher and tuned in on Friday, they would have just thought that Johnny was an asshole, not possessed by the devil.

Except they might have had questions when Johnny's eyes turned yellow in one scene....

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

⬆️10O%

At this point, they’d be better off showing Days from the very first episode! . Everything being repeated again and again is exasperating . 

thata my take

I'd love to watch Days from the beginning! I find it funny they began in color but GH which premiered two years earlier was black and white. Always found that strange tbh. Anyways yes just give us reruns they would get higher ratings than the current episodes because for most people they would be new episodes anyways.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

⬆️10O%

thata my take

I would love to see the start of this show! Although maybe they would have to condense each week into an hour or something like that because I don’t think I have enough life left in me to go through half an hour to an hour daily shows until I die!😳😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'd love to watch Days from the beginning! I find it funny they began in color but GH which premiered two years earlier was black and white. Always found that strange tbh. Anyways yes just give us reruns they would get higher ratings than the current episodes because for most people they would be new episodes anyways.

NBC always bragged that all of their shows were in color.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I would love to see the start of this show! Although maybe they would have to condense each week into an hour or something like that because I don’t think I have enough life left in me to go through half an hour to an hour daily shows until I die!😳😆

Days used to be a half hour until sometime in the 70s where it became an hour they could fit in 2 weeks worth of episodes a week. This is why Susan Flannery left Days to begin with she didn't want to work on an hour long soap.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Days used to be a half hour until sometime in the 70s where it became an hour they could fit in 2 weeks worth of episodes a week. This is why Susan Flannery left Days to begin with she didn't want to work on an hour long soap.

Yes. I remember. 

• Love 1

If you have to ask your best friend-lover who you recently cheated on your boyfriend with if you're ready to get married....uh no, sweetheart, you're not.  🙄

Probably also not a good omen when you run into a man whose marriage is ending because he's switched teams when you are on the cusp of proposing to your girlfriend. 

"You want to grab a drink with the woman you just dumped on Valentine's Day?" -Chanel. Oh Ron, if you're writing for network television you could at least write grammatically correct dialogue.  You want to grab a drink on Valentine's Day with the woman you just dumped? Correctly placed modifiers matter. 

• Love 10

Even though I'd read the speculation, so knew it was a very high probability, I avoided spoilers for today in the hope that Craig was not ending his 30 year marriage because he'd fallen in love with Leo Stark.   And, of course, he is.  😒

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Even though I'd read the speculation, so knew it was a very high probability, I avoided spoilers for today in the hope that Craig was not ending his 30 year marriage because he'd fallen in love with Leo Stark.   And, of course, he is.  😒

I totally agree, its one thing if Craig wants to end his marriage because he is finding out who he really is, BUT with a twit like Leo Stark?!  Please, I think the fans remember enough about the character of Craig from before to know he would not be attracted to a sleazy type guy like Leo.  This just seems like a 'stunt" storyline(rolling my eyes)

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, buffynut said:

If Craig is lucky, being attracted to Leo means he has a brain tumor.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

"You want to grab a drink with the woman you just dumped on Valentine's Day?" -Chanel. Oh Ron, if you're writing for network television you could at least write grammatically correct dialogue.  You want to grab a drink on Valentine's Day with the woman you just dumped? Correctly placed modifiers matter. 

THANK YOU. Many things about this show make me want to throw my lunch at the TV, but that line was especially egregious. 

The rumours of a real-life CIN break up must be true. They had an entire conversation without pawing at each other.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I totally agree, its one thing if Craig wants to end his marriage because he is finding out who he really is, BUT with a twit like Leo Stark?!  Please, I think the fans remember enough about the character of Craig from before to know he would not be attracted to a sleazy type guy like Leo.  This just seems like a 'stunt" storyline(rolling my eyes)

They couldn’t create a DiMera or Titan communications director who he met at a conference? A new character?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

In all fairness to Ron, and I'm not positive about this, but I think script writers create the dialogue, not the head writer.   But we can certainly blame Ron writing the scene itself.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I think there's a strong possibility that was not how it was written but rather how it was said by RB. It's like when characters say 'could care less.' I find it very hard to believe a writer would write that but easy to believe an actor might think that's the phrase and just be used to saying it that way so they say it that way.

Yay, Leo! Let us rejoice, @MsTree!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

In all fairness to Ron, and I'm not positive about this, but I think script writers create the dialogue, not the head writer.   But we can certainly blame Ron writing the scene itself.

I considered it might be a script writer instead of Ron too, but then I figured he should at least read what they wrote once before they film it.  Like an editor reviewing something a staff writer typed up before publishing it. When your name is the one going on it, it's usually in your best interest to check the work of those under you. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, buffynut said:

Oh what fresh hell is this???

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think there's a strong possibility that was not how it was written but rather how it was said by RB. 

Soap actors have to memorize an insane amount of dialogue so it wouldn't surprise me if some things were forgotten and just approximated instead.

• Love 7

So, Tripp, you run in to a stranger (little do you know that he used to work at Salem Hospital) whose marriage is crumbling and he has left his wife for another dude. Good omen for a marriage proposal. You seem to be a nice guy.

Allie, if you have to ask your friend if she thinks you are ready to get married, uh, you are not. And said best friend has two marriages under her belt already. One fake one and another short lived one - with your own twin brother. You can live with Tripp, use him as a stand-in daddy, and maybe experience things and grow a little. 

Looks like Jake is starting to suspect that Johnny is up to no good. The missing phone, the weird text, etc. Gabi should be putting two and two together instead of having two men paying attention to her.

Ben and Ciara still have possession of the Salem brain cells. Yeah, call up Susan Banks, even call up the Bishop or Archbishop for the Catholic Church there about possession.

JDevil, you are too horny - ha ha for the pun - chasing after your ex-wife, when Gabi turned you down. And then of course taking the opportunity to cause damage to your sister and her newly being engaged. She didn't even digest the cake!

Why oh why couldn't Craig's new guy be anyone besides Leo Stark?

• Love 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

Script writers create the dialogue but Ron likes to write dialogue as well. He was bragging on tweeter ad nauseum about having Chanel saying the line "White people are crazy"..  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

Did Craig and Tripp ever share their name with the other? What a random scene.

For me, that scene kinda showcased why this Nancy/Craig storyline feels hollow. I know being queer in this country can still be dangerous and wrought with hostility and social restrictions. However, we're still living in a very different world from even when Will came out in the early 2010s. Craig is comfortable enough with a literal stranger to discuss his boyfriend with him. There is no fear, no hesitation, he is comfortable using the word "boyfriend." As a man in his 50/60s, I wish the show had given Craig more of a man out of time storyline. He should have more fear. He should even have some bitterness or resentment that the world is a better place, but it wasn't for him when he was young. There should be some struggle with introducing his boyfriend to his daughter and even being in a public place with him on a date. The show is writing Craig as if he's always lived in an open and socially progressive world, and that is just not true. I wish we could see that slow realization that Craig lives in a better world that allows him options he at one point did not have. Craig seems to have an entitlement that others accept him and his boyfriend that seems unrealistic for a man who's lived 50/60 years of his life in the closet. (I'm not saying Craig shouldn't be accepted. He should. I'm saying he should still be struggling with whether or not he will be accepted).

Did the Chloe/Brady Vienna Valentine's Day Date actually happen? I do remember the old Brady/Chloe slipping on ice and kissing afterward. However, I'm pretty sure they were in Salem and ice skating.

Maggie was on the show for one scene. That's been happening a lot with characters lately. Are people low on their guarantees?

Tripp and Jake are two of the most pointless characters to ever be on DOOL.

I'm not happy to see Leo Starke.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Did Craig and Tripp ever share their name with the other? What a random scene.

Yes, that's what threw me off about the whole thing.  ANOTHER person (actually 2, with Tripp telling Craig about proposing) dumping their personal business on a complete stranger - as Chanel just did with TR about Lani.  I can see that younger people are more used to doing that - having grown up telling everyone, everything on social media - but have old people gotten that indiscrete as well?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, that's what threw me off about the whole thing.  ANOTHER person (actually 2, with Tripp telling Craig about proposing) dumping their personal business on a complete stranger - as Chanel just did with TR about Lani.  I can see that younger people are more used to doing that - having grown up telling everyone, everything on social media - but have old people gotten that indiscrete as well?

In my experience, people of all ages do this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So this was the actress playing Allie's big moment to emote and really show her acting ability and all we got was a scrunched up face and hardly any emotion.  At least Tripp showed some believable pained betrayal.

I can't believe my fellow viewers are having a difficult time believing the Craig/Leo romance--I mean, how could Craig resist such a young stud? :)   

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I thought it was interesting that we had 2 men today trying to convince others that they had changed.  Both Leo and TR seemed like they believed what they were saying, but being a soap it's unlikely both were telling the truth.  Of course the actors may not even know whether they are really redeemed or not.  

Part of me wonders if TR has changed and that when he leaves Salem, he and Paulina will be back together, and that's how Jackee will end her run.  Course there has been scenes where darkness seems just below the surface, so he may not have changed at all.  Guess we'll find out.

Leo, on the other hand, I doubt has changed, and Craig is probably just the latest schemes and plotting.

Interesting to see Tripp show some sign of ... anger?   Wonder if his Vitali dark side is about to emerge.  Would make him much more interesting, if it did.

Getting tired of JohnnyDevil, but interesting to see real Johnny trying to fight his way back.  Chanel will probably be happy with Allie when Johnny finally finds himself free of the devil.

Trying to remember who else was on screen today, and oh, right, Lani and Eli.  They make a pretty couple, but are so boring.  Maybe this thing  will Lani's bio Dad will give them an interesting storyline.

• Love 3