Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, MsTree said:

I'm wondering if that really wasn't Jake talking to Maggie because I'm not sure he would throw Gabi under the bus. And with JDevil taking on different bodies, it's really hard to tell sometimes.

That was Johnny at Maggies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

What person  tells someone, who they assume is a random stranger, their whole family history? 

In my experience, many people lol.

Also, yea, it was the devil as Jake talking to Maggie. I'm assuming he did his projection thing as opposed to actually possessing Jake for a minute.

• Love 8

God Jackee's screeching is just a notch below Susan on the hideous scale

Edit: OMG that is what we go out on for two weeks? SATAN cares that Boring Allie and Chanel slept together? Go start some wars somewhere ffs

Edited by brisbydog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

God Jackee's screeching is just a notch below Susan on the hideous scale

Edit: OMG that is what we go out on for two weeks? SATAN cares that Boring Allie and Chanel slept together? Go start some wars somewhere ffs

She was so bad today. Overacting and obnoxious. J is just not a good actress.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I missed today's episode, and from the bit I've read about it, doesn't seem like it's something I need to track down and watch online.   😐

There was a little bit of Maggie. I always love seeing Maggie. 😊

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, rcc said:

She was so bad today. Overacting and obnoxious. J is just not a good actress.

Ron has to have a character like Paulina onscreen at all times. (Bonnie, Hattie, Susan, and unfortunately, now Nancy.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

@brisbydog, that is what I was coming on to write. Did we miss a day or something or was that really the big 2-week cliffhanger that will bring us all back desperate for story resolution?

They didmy write for the Olympic break because originally they were not going to be preempted and by the time they found out, the shows were already written and filmed.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

They didmy write for the Olympic break because originally they were not going to be preempted and by the time they found out, the shows were already written and filmed.

Oh really? Why did they think they wouldn't be affected? NBC has carried the O's for years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think this is one of the rare times when I see people welcoming a break from the show rather than missing it for two weeks. 

CB looks pregnant to me anyone else?

The TR/Lani story would be a lot better if it was played out over a period of time rather than now. On paper it should be a good story and yet.. 

I hope when Tripp finds out about Allie/Chanel he becomes a mob doctor while Ava embraces her dark side. Its a direction this character needs if he's going to stick around.

• Love 9

My watching has been sporadic so I didn't realize today was the last episode for two weeks.

Anyway, even though the masked people and devil projecting himself as someone else is sometimes confusing, I'm enjoying Johnny/Gianni (sp?) as the devil!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I hate the character of Ava, but I did like her story about her Grandparents & giving Tripp the antique ring from her Grandmother so he could use it as an Engagement ring for Allie. 

I hate it.  Ava murdered, raped , hated her son yet here she is playing sweet mom to Tripp. She's a psycho bitch.  Ron doesn't know the characters he's writing for 

• Love 3

Allie being broken up over Nicole asking her to lie is funny. She doesn't care about cheating and lying to him.

Tripp wanted Ava to be first to know about his marriage plans? Can't see that as true if Steve was in town. 

• Love 5

So today's filler ep is supposed to keep us wanting more?

TR/Ray, your daughter can choose to not have any sort of relationship with you. You may be her bio-dad, but that is it. She may not want to know you or anything about you. Who cares if you had therapy and are sober and drug-free? But then again, she also has her over the top Aunt Paulina, er, bio-mom. Decisions, decisions.

Chanel, you do have your bakery to attend to. You can't keep a small business running if you are not there. Allie is not the baking talent. You are. You need to find a real replacement for yourself when you want to zip off to wherever. Why did you start the bakery in the first place if it is just a place to be when nothing else is happening. Lucky Johnny/JDevil to hear you talk to Allie about your little bedroom adventures.

Nicole, Allie may not be useful for your spying on Ava. 

Tripp is sweet. Too bad he is in love with Allie. It was nice that Ava gave him her grandmother's engagement ring.

So JDevil did pretend to be Jake. Gabi should have walked in and not admitted to overhearing anything. She is falling right in to JDevil's hands and will muck up the business plan. Too bad she didn't get a timeline on when the real Jake was visiting Ben, and then he visited Ava and she would realize that something fishy is going on as Jake couldn't be in two places at once. Would she not have seen his car in the Kiriakis mansion driveway? Does Henderson have a valet who parks the visitor vehicles in the garage or wherever? JDevil can mask as Jake and turn his own car into Jake's? Maybe Jake just took an Uber and there is no car.

Thought we'd get more about the island and the hostages and such.

• Love 11

I know Allie has been a terrible partner to Tripp (what with the cheating and all) but I would still like her to decline Ava’s ring. Why does Allie have no memories of her Great-Grandpa Shawn who did so much to help raise her mother and older brother? That’d be because of Ava and her little foray into plane sabotage. Of course Allie needs to be civil to Ava, but wearing her heirloom every single day seems like too much. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It was a two color coat. I liked it.

I did too, but I was so confused for half the time! I kept thinking, "damn, girl, you're so worked up about stupid Jake, you can't put the other half of your coat on!" It didn't help that she was wearing white underneath.

Once i figured it out, I thought it was gorgeous. Gabi has some hits and misses fashion-wise but her hits are A+.

• Love 8

TR finding out about Lani feels ridiculously rushed, even for Ron C, but I thought William Christian was pretty good in those scenes.  Despite having to work opposite Sal Stower's maddening, wooden performance, he made me actually stop what I was doing and pay attention.  

Jackee's performance didn't bother me as much in this episode because I thought most of what she did felt fitting for the character but I know we'd have gotten pretty much the same performance if the scenes called for something more subtle.  

I liked Ava's story about her grandmother, as I've theorized that Ava didn't have any positive role models in her early life, and her attempt to be a Good Person has mostly been a shot in the dark for her.  Now I know she had at least one positive role model but the pull towards the darker regions of a moral compass was stronger.  

I really like the idea of Tripp becoming a little more like his mother after he finds out about Allie and Chanel.  This Stepford Wife (Doctor) they've turned him into doesn't even feel like a real person.  Although, it does remind me a little of GL's Dr Rick Bauer, who was terribly unlucky at looove, but Michael O'Leary made Rick feel more complex than Tripp.  

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

TR finding out about Lani feels ridiculously rushed, even for Ron C, but I thought William Christian was pretty good in those scenes.  Despite having to work opposite Sal Stower's maddening, wooden performance, he made me actually stop what I was doing and pay attention.  

This. I actually watched those scenes just because he was really compelling in them. It's too bad SS sucks lol.

I really like the idea of Tripp becoming a little more like his mother after he finds out about Allie and Chanel.  This Stepford Wife (Doctor) they've turned him into doesn't even feel like a real person.  

Also this. I feel so embarrassed watching Tripp. They need to retool him a bit or get rid of him.

• Love 9

I shockingly have one nice thing to say about the Ava/Rafe/Nicole storyline. I do like that Ava is making Rafe suffer more than Nicole. Usually in these storylines the woman suffers the most and gets the brunt of the anger. So far, Nicole has received a decapitated teddy bear in the privacy of her own office. Rafe is potentially going to suffer the reputation of a crooked cop, getting fired, and incarcerated. The storyline is horrific, but I do appreciate that. 

17 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. I actually watched those scenes just because he was really compelling in them. It's too bad SS sucks lol.

I agree with both of you. I was honestly engrossed by the actor's performance. I was agreeing with @DisneyBoy assertion that the actor is not menacing until the very last scene with TR and Paulina. There's this moment where she is overacting, as usual, and TR takes two aggressive steps in her direction and then catches himself. The way he looks at her as he's leavin' the room is also chilling. I like JH, but I don't believe she can deliver a performance that could match WC/TR. I'm concerned this storyline is going to fail because Lani and Paulina are the POV characters. I found myself empathizing with TR in his scene with Lani, and somehow Lani is the one who comes off as unhinged in that scene. 

On 2/4/2022 at 8:18 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I also loved Gabi's coat. It was gorgeous. Her hair has been looking really odd lately though. It looks like she's wearing a wig.

I was more so confused as to what season it's supposed to be. Gabi's coat looked pretty thick and appropriate for Midwest, USA winter weather. However, she looked dressed for Spring otherwise. Johnny looked dressed for Fall.

I actually kinda like Johnny/Gabi. I wonder what Allie/Will would think if the two actually got together. 

• Love 8
On 2/3/2022 at 8:16 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

He is a good actor!  The only other young actor I can think of that I've liked as much as him is Casey Moss.

It's funny. When Carson first showed up as Johnny, I was like, "They could have cast some totally hot Greek American dude with tall, dark, n handsome looks yet they picked this blandly cute vanilla Twink?" Then he became evil and I suddenly found him pretty hot and really good in the role. I had a similar reaction way back in the day when Kyle Lowder showed up- I didn't get why they picked such an ugly guy to play Brady when they should have gotten a hot dude like Jason Cook. (I was 13, okay?) Then I grew to love Brady and he became really attractive to teenaged me.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I shockingly have one nice thing to say about the Ava/Rafe/Nicole storyline. I do like that Ava is making Rafe suffer more than Nicole. Usually in these storylines the woman suffers the most and gets the brunt of the anger. So far, Nicole has received a decapitated teddy bear in the privacy of her own office. Rafe is potentially going to suffer the reputation of a crooked cop, getting fired, and incarcerated. The storyline is horrific, but I do appreciate that. 

I found myself empathizing with TR in his scene with Lani, and somehow Lani is the one who comes off as unhinged in that scene. 

Exactly they way an abuser would work 

it’s never his fault.  She pushed his buttons or he was just having a bad day.  

• Love 7

Tripp...dude...there's no reason to try and marry Allie. Try getting a place with her first. Move her out of Nicole's, FFS, and see how things go.

Or rather, see who else sleeps over.

I don't like seeing both him and Xander getting set up for weddings of deception.

TR continues to feel miscast. But then, so does Lani...

What is Rafe getting framed for? Murdering Duke?

I miss Victor.

This stupid Jake Gabi plot is dumb. Both huge companies getting run by frick and frack? I don't think so.

And Gabi's two-toned coat is visually confusing. It always looks half on.

• Love 8
On 2/3/2022 at 11:17 PM, auchic said:

I spent half the episode wondering why Gabi was walking around with only half a coat on. 

Nothing is outdoors.  The Horton Square is indoors with a roof.  I remember when it was built they mentioned that, and then again when Sami got married there in the middle of winter with no coat. 

I also remember when they used to film outdoors, on real sets with real trees and grass and sunlight and air... now the only thing their budget allows for is 3 rotating sets... so sad what it's become.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Nothing is outdoors.  The Horton Square is indoors with a roof.  I remember when it was built they mentioned that, and then again when Sami got married there in the middle of winter with no coat. 

I also remember when they used to film outdoors, on real sets with real trees and grass and sunlight and air... now the only thing their budget allows for is 3 rotating sets... so sad what it's become.

I recently saw clips of Steve/Kayla's yacht wedding. The natural light everywhere was beautiful. Unfortunately shooting that one episode probably cost more than it takes Days to shoot a year's worth of shows now.

For a slightly more recent reference, I really miss Salem Place. Personally, I still look at Horton Square but think Salem Place, which is why I always forget that Horton Square is inside.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

For a slightly more recent reference, I really miss Salem Place. Personally, I still look at Horton Square but think Salem Place, which is why I always forget that Horton Square is inside.

And I just realized it’s two different places. I just assumed they updated Salem Place. (I don’t always have common sense. )

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

I recently saw clips of Steve/Kayla's yacht wedding. The natural light everywhere was beautiful. Unfortunately shooting that one episode probably cost more than it takes Days to shoot a year's worth of shows now.

Yes!  I remember Salem Place too.  And in addition to Steve and Kayla's wedding, there was Bo and Hope's - outdoors, complete with a motorcycle!  (Maybe the motorcycle was when he kidnapped her from her wedding to Larry, but whatever - I think everyone gets my point, LOL.) 

The only places that are "outdoors" is that itty bitty park, and "down by the lake" or whatever, and those sets are rarely used.  It's so sad.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I do miss the show. With Olympics coverage, TV pickings are slim.

I kind of miss the show too. But at the same time, I'm getting used to doing other things during Days' tv airing hour, so hopefully I'll be able to get back in the habit of watching once it returns on the 21st.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Yes!  I remember Salem Place too.  And in addition to Steve and Kayla's wedding, there was Bo and Hope's - outdoors, complete with a motorcycle!  (Maybe the motorcycle was when he kidnapped her from her wedding to Larry, but whatever - I think everyone gets my point, LOL.) 

The only places that are "outdoors" is that itty bitty park, and "down by the lake" or whatever, and those sets are rarely used.  It's so sad.

And don't forget Justin and Adrienne's wedding in Greece. The wedding itself was inside, but the characters were all over the place outside on location-- down by the water, visiting the ruins, spying on each other across the courtyard. Not to mention Adrienne herself standing outside the church trying to decide whether to leave Justin at the altar.

I also really miss the full pier set. I'm not sure how that set worked. Maybe it was inside and they had a water tank? But in any case it gave so much character to Salem.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

And don't forget Justin and Adrienne's wedding in Greece. The wedding itself was inside, but the characters were all over the place outside on location-- down by the water, visiting the ruins, spying on each other across the courtyard. Not to mention Adrienne herself standing outside the church trying to decide whether to leave Justin at the altar.

That was probably one of the best weddings on daytime TV ever.  Everything about it was so gorgeous.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

That was probably one of the best weddings on daytime TV ever.  Everything about it was so gorgeous.

It was but I remember Genie Francis(Diana) mentioning what a miserable trip it was with shooting, getting sick etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

And I just realized it’s two different places. I just assumed they updated Salem Place. (I don’t always have common sense. )

Omg, add me to those who thought they were the same place!!!  I thought it was just renamed - I didn’t know they’re supposed to be separate places?! 

1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Me too.  The worst part is that my NBC station isn't even airing the Olympics during Days normal time slot.  

???  I thought a requirement to be a network affiliate is to air whatever the “parent” (NBC) tells you and to do it when they tell you to. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

???  I thought a requirement to be a network affiliate is to air whatever the “parent” (NBC) tells you and to do it when they tell you to. 

My NBC station is airing the Olympics but there's no Olympic coverage during what is the normal hour of Days. 

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It was but I remember Genie Francis(Diana) mentioning what a miserable trip it was with shooting, getting sick etc.

Are you sure it was not the Justin/Adrienne wedding in Greece.? The cast and crew just flew to Greece without much planning and they had so many problems.. 

Edited by Pearson80
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Are you sure it was not the Justin/Adrienne wedding in Greece.? The cast and crew just flew to Greece without much planning and they had so many problems.. 

I remember her mentioning the Greece trip was miserable for her.

• Love 1