Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, boes said:

Is it possible to Greg Vaughn to say any dialogue without using his whisper voice?  If I were Nichole, I'd have knocked him out and gone back on the run.  She must realize that if she reunites with Eric, she's committing herself to a life with the male equivalent of Betsey Wetsey.  

This "whisper voice" thing drives me crazy. Speak up people!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I will take a hundred hours of Eric's whisper voice over 10 more torturous seconds of Ben's head tilt and nostril flare with mouth open combo.

Hate. It.

Wasn't that something, when Xander was pretend strangling him?  He looked like he was ready to start counting by stomping his hooves, or start talking like Mr. Ed.  

You could fit both Disney World AND Epcot Center in those nostrils.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, BoldDays said:

I’m assuming it is Eric’s because if it is Rex’s there is no real drama, with him off the canvas. I also would have much preferred if Xander as a possible father was in the mix.

Who says Xander can't be in the running? Look at Ciara or Zack (time lines are jumbled). Bo wasn't even in the offing for...one of them, but abracadabra, retcon city!

Never rule anything out on this show.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Who says Xander can't be in the running? Look at Ciara or Zack (time lines are jumbled). Bo wasn't even in the offing for...one of them, but abracadabra, retcon city!

Never rule anything out on this show.

Fair point LOL. I’d be thrilled if Xander was in the running. Heck, I’d be ok with Rex as well but assume it won’t be. To me, Xarah would be more interesting as a potential couple but it felt like foreshadowing when she told Kayla that one of the reasons she won’t fight Nicole for Eric is for Holly’s sake. 

I get the feeling Sarah wants it to be Eric’s and so that’s why she is convinced it can only be his.

• Love 2

I don't think it's Sarah making the decision that Eric is the daddy . At this point, I think it's the show because they want angst for Eric & Nicole.  Or a bomb for them.  Rex will be introduced as a potential baby daddy whenever he comes back. It's clearly the only reason they hurried up the Eric & Sarah reunion.  It wasn't about Sarah and Rex or Sarah and Eric at all. 

On 9/7/2019 at 6:13 PM, BoldDays said:

I also would have much preferred if Xander as a possible father was in the mix.

Now that Eric and Sarah are over, there's no much drama in having it be Xander's baby either.  But there is some fun in having him pretend to be the potential father for Sarah's sake.

I kind of wish Xander's declaration of love had come after he suspected she was pregnant.  At least that could be kind of funny.  Retro but funny.  There's zero value in having him be in love with Sarah already.  As with so many couples they're trying to build, they're seriously skipping over the actual build portions.  See Stabi.  The chemistry will bring something watchable but so much more will be left on the table.

• Love 9

You pointed out exactly why I can't get into the current pairs of this show. They miss the story etc entirely which make or break a couple. 

I think Stefan/Gabi fit and look good together but the writing is disappointing making them "in love" based on what exactly? Because they banged a few times and enjoyed it? Sure but that's lust not love and it would've been a lot easier to take if they just admitted we hate each other and want to bang each other at the same time. At least that makes sense.

Sarah/Xander have chemistry but him mooning over her without her really giving much in return doesn't help. Also don't want Xander neutered in the process.

Ben/Ciara they took out all the dramatic potential of this pair by neutering him from his SK persona and now they're generic like everyone else.

They tell us more than show us. It is just flat to me and takes a lot of storyline potential with it.

• Love 5

Finally saw that big Ericole reunion moment from last week. Why did they have to stash her in the same set they used for Eric's farmhouse...? It even had the same damn curtains! So stupid. First Eric found Nicole in the exact same "Nashville" apartment he, Rex and Sarah would end up living in in Salem...and now Nicole is found in Chicago in the exact same farmhouse that also exists just outside of Salem.

I realize there are budget limitations at play here, but they could have thrown a fresh coat of paint on the apartment once it had to become a Salem apartment, and putting some new drapes in the farmhouse and covering the fireplace up would have gone a little way towards making it not seem like a cheap reuse. Of course the same could be said for John and Marlena's townhouse, which has been serving quadruple duty lately.

I just realized that Sarah went from bitterly hating Xander for participating in the lie that caused her mother to fall off the wagon, to thanking him for his compliments in her bedroom after he's barged in uninvited seemingly the very next day. Whaaa....?

It's weird that the only reason I seem to like Sarah and Xander as a couple is because I know he'll never really become a good guy and I know she's only falling for him because her life is so screwed up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ben/Ciara they took out all the dramatic potential of this pair by neutering him from his SK persona and now they're generic like everyone else.

They didn't have a choice here if they wanted to keep him.  Ciara falling for a guy who still acts like a serial killer would make her look dumber than she already does. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why did they have to stash her in the same set they used for Eric's farmhouse...? It even had the same damn curtains! So stupid. First Eric found Nicole in the exact same "Nashville" apartment he, Rex and Sarah would end up living in in Salem...and now Nicole is found in Chicago in the exact same farmhouse that also exists just outside of Salem.

Haha! I think it was also the place Nicole and Brady hid out in Canada or someplace for a reason I can't remember. And maybe even the cabin where Anna hid Sydney some years back. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Finally saw that big Ericole reunion moment from last week. Why did they have to stash her in the same set they used for Eric's farmhouse...? It even had the same damn curtains! So stupid. First Eric found Nicole in the exact same "Nashville" apartment he, Rex and Sarah would end up living in in Salem...and now Nicole is found in Chicago in the exact same farmhouse that also exists just outside of Salem.

I realize there are budget limitations at play here, but they could have thrown a fresh coat of paint on the apartment once it had to become a Salem apartment, and putting some new drapes in the farmhouse and covering the fireplace up would have gone a little way towards making it not seem like a cheap reuse. Of course the same could be said for John and Marlena's townhouse, which has been serving quadruple duty lately.

I just realized that Sarah went from bitterly hating Xander for participating in the lie that caused her mother to fall off the wagon, to thanking him for his compliments in her bedroom after he's barged in uninvited seemingly the very next day. Whaaa....?

It's weird that the only reason I seem to like Sarah and Xander as a couple is because I know he'll never really become a good guy and I know she's only falling for him because her life is so screwed up.

I think those were the also the same curtains that were in the cabin (Canada?) where Holly was born.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:54 AM, virginiawoman said:

I swear, Eric isn't the only one with the "whisper voice."  On this show or on many others.  EVERYBODY whispers.   Or maybe it's just my hearing gone bad.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I swear, Eric isn't the only one with the "whisper voice."  On this show or on many others.  EVERYBODY whispers.   Or maybe it's just my hearing gone bad.

Haha! Who knows? I remember my mother saying that about Y&R years ago. I'm now upping the volume regularly and almost wish I had closed-caption turned on -- but that's a bridge too far for now, lol. 

• Love 3
On 8/29/2019 at 10:40 PM, Frozendiva said:

Someone should send Brady my direction. I'd like to see what he has that all these women are all over him.

Send him to my bedroom, and I’ll be nice enough to tell you what he has. I’ll take one for the primetimer team. I’m a good sport like that. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Are Sarah's declarations of wanting what is best for Eric  and allowing him to be with Nicole through a river of never-ending tears supposed to make me feel sorry for/root for her? It might be me getting harsh in my old age; the acting; or the rinse and repeat nature of the storyline; but I am not feeling it or Sarah. If you choose to have your baby fine. I'm sure the story will be Sarah not telling Eric because she doesn't want to be a burden ands she doesn't want him to abandon his true love, which will cause I'm to grow to hate her and their baby. But neither Sarah nor Eric are teenagers, nor are they star-crossed lovers. Be an adult and find a way to work out a co-parenting system with Eric. Anything less will have me rolling my eyes. What it will not do is have me root for Sarah or a Sarah and Eric reunion.

Dear stupid Dorivan, you should know better than to swear someone is deader than dead and not returning to Salem; such a proclamation all but guarantees said dead person's immediate resurrection. 

It looks like the show is setting up Gabi versus Lani. #TeamGabi for the win.  Only downside to the battle is Rafe will be shoe-horned into this storyline in addition to whatever else is being cooked up for GG, whom TPTB seem to think is a bonafide leading man, playing a character most people care about.

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Are Sarah's declarations of wanting what is best for Eric  and allowing him to be with Nicole through a river of never-ending tears supposed to make me feel sorry for/root for her? It might be me getting harsh in my old age; the acting; or the rinse and repeat nature of the storyline; but I am not feeling it or Sarah. If you choose to have your baby fine. I'm sure the story will be Sarah not telling Eric because she doesn't want to be a burden ands she doesn't want him to abandon his true love, which will cause I'm to grow to hate her and their baby. But neither Sarah nor Eric are teenagers, nor are they star-crossed lovers. Be an adult and find a way to work out a co-parenting system with Eric. Anything less will have me rolling my eyes. What it will not do is have me root for Sarah or a Sarah and Eric reunion.

All this. I hope Sarah tells Eric about the baby, they co-parent like adults, Eric stays with Nicole, and Sarah finds love with someone who doesn’t treat her as a backup plan. But of course there have to be some stupid decisions just to keep it soapy. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

All this. I hope Sarah tells Eric about the baby, they co-parent like adults, Eric stays with Nicole, and Sarah finds love with someone who doesn’t treat her as a backup plan. But of course there have to be some stupid decisions just to keep it soapy. 

Amen to that, and to the comments from @Happytobehere on Sarah as well. I really hope that this becomes more about Xarah getting close, because honestly I do not see how Sarah being pregnant is an obstacle to Ericole, nor should it be. Eric has made it clear to everyone all along that Nicole is his first choice so a baby shouldn’t change that. Being together for the sake of a baby was old 20 years ago. And the never ending tears are not winning me over to a Sarah/Eric romance either. Please make it stop already. 😫

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

They didn't have a choice here if they wanted to keep him.  Ciara falling for a guy who still acts like a serial killer would make her look dumber than she already does. 

See? They could've written it where Ciara is so broken from being raped by her stepbrother, losing her father to brain cancer etc that she gravitates towards Ben who takes advantage of her vulnerable state to get her into bed and latch onto the citizens of Salem but falls for her. At least Ciara being a dumbass would make sense and Ben would still be shady. 

Making them into this sappy generic couple where Ciara doesn't exist beyond Ben and Ben is watered down from being an SK add that to their smug superiority towards everyone is not the way to go. I'd even take Ciara not pretending to care and just embrace the fact she likes the darkness.

Hell they could've  had RSW play Ben's long lost twin Ken who looks like Ben and everyone thinks is Ben but is not and has to deal with all the terrible things Ben has done ala Kevin/Ryan on GH. Course Jon Lindstrom is fantastic and could pull it off I don't think RSW is that good. That is my preferred option.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Or - and bear with me here - they could have hired any other underwear model to play a part on this show as Ciara's new boyfriend. LA is teeming with young male actors looking for a break. The only reason RSW's still around is reportedly because Deidre Hall likes him. All of that is well and good. Maybe she could have helped him get a gig on some other soap playing a different character. But here, on Days of Our Lives, he plays the guy who murdered her beloved grandson Will. It makes no sense that he should be shoehorned in as a major lead character let alone a love interest.

No Ben. No Ken. No Sven.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Or - and bear with me here - they could have hired any other underwear model to play a part on this show as Ciara's new boyfriend. LA is teeming with young male actors looking for a break. The only reason RSW's still around is reportedly because Deidre Hall likes him. All of that is well and good. Maybe she could have helped him get a gig on some other soap playing a different character. But here, on Days of Our Lives, he plays the guy who murdered her beloved grandson Will. It makes no sense that he should be shoehorned in as a major lead character let alone a love interest.

No Ben. No Ken. No Sven.

I rather the show delve into Ciara/Hope's fractured relationship before she was paired with anyone but yeah anyone could've played her boyfriend at this point and would make no real difference when neither have any substance to them.

I personally prefer Ben as a recurring villain if he was to stick around but alas...

• Love 3
21 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

You pointed out exactly why I can't get into the current pairs of this show. They miss the story etc entirely which make or break a couple. 

I think Stefan/Gabi fit and look good together but the writing is disappointing making them "in love" based on what exactly? Because they banged a few times and enjoyed it? 

Never underestimate great sex. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

No Ben. No Ken. No Sven.

I feel bad, I wish I could have liked this post more than once. ❤️

source.gif

• LOL 3

Sarah, you do not have to have this baby. If it is Eric's you can both be adults and co-parent the child. While not being someone's second choice. It won't work with you and Eric unless Nicole is out of the picture. Xander treats you with respect and kindness and genuine good will. Maybe give him a chance.

Lani, shut up with Gabi. You have never been close to Julie, so why now. You know about Julie's behavior, you know that she blames Gabi for the sun not being the right yellow of the day or anything else, really.

Ben, you should tell Ciara that her grandfather tried to strangle you - instead of the fun of pickleball, grandpa found a nice necktie. Any why are you working at an actual business, Ciara? Do you have any skills besides maybe being a server at a restaurant?

No, Viv, or whoever you are, Kate is not deader than dead. Salem probably hasn't actually had a dead citizen in quite some time. All seem to go off to Dr. Rolf's lab and come back sometime down the line.  Like a spa vacation. Too early to gloat and look for Mr. DeMille.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sarah, you do not have to have this baby. If it is Eric's you can both be adults and co-parent the child. While not being someone's second choice. It won't work with you and Eric unless Nicole is out of the picture. Xander treats you with respect and kindness and genuine good will. Maybe give him a chance.

Xander definitely looks like he can rock her world in bed, but his list of misdeeds is a little too long at this point. He kept Joey and Claire captive, he shot Marlena, he shot Brady, he kidnapped Nicole and kept her in a cage in Greece and then later forced her into marriage through blackmail. No semi intelligent woman would buy his lovesick puppy schtick and fall into his arms unless she was seriously depressed. I fully believe that Sarah doesn't love herself very much and hasn't for quite some time and that's why she's opening up to someone who clearly isn't husband material. And I like Xander. But I would never advise her or anybody else to date him. At least not right now.

3 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I feel bad, I wish I could have liked this post more than once

I am not trying to be cruel to RSW, but it needed to be said.

58 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, shut up with Gabi. You have never been close to Julie, so why now. You know about Julie's behavior, you know that she blames Gabi for the sun not being the right yellow of the day or anything else, really.

Yeah...you make a really great point. We just saw Lani and Eli telling an incredulous Julie that she is sometimes rather racist. And Gabi was even listed as a victim of Julie's racist comments. And yet a single day later, Lani is tearing into Gabi - while apparently on the clock as a police officer with her badge on display - about how much Gabi has always hated Julie when she knows full well that Julie is more openly hateful towards Gabi. Is Lani even aware of what Nick did to Gabi? Is Lani even aware of what Gabi's been through in the last two years? It's very easy to get up on a high horse to try to score brownie points with your fiancee's family, isn't it Ms Price? Especially when you conveniently ignore anything that doesn't align with the new narrative you've decided to push.

In truth, I've seen more police officers throw their weight around and act judgemental in this kind of way then I wish I had. But I think it's accidental that her nasty attitude is reflective of real life police officer BS. Ron has just suddenly decided to make them duelling divas. I hate Lani already so I guess that means she's going to come out smelling like roses and Gabi is going to get further trashed by the plot twists to come.

...I hope that JJ comes back at some point and he and Gabi reunite just so Lani, Julie and Abigail's heads can all explode at the same time.

As for today's episode, it only made me hate Ben even more. This whiny bitch gets choked out once and is ready to tell everybody who will listen and vows to never forget and hold it against Victor till the end of time, or at least until the most opportune moment presents itself...even after doing this exact same thing to four different people! And nobody was there to save them!

...if he had really reformed and regained his mental health, he would probably have walked away from the Kiriakis mansion asking himself about the terror his victims must have felt in the same situation. Instead he's acting all pissed off. Screw you. Am I supposed to be moved that you didn't immediately tell Ciara? You're obsessing over her the same way you did Abigail. I refuse to see this as twu wuv because the actor is playing it the exact same way he did when he first was involved with Abigail and lost his damn mind. (Granted, that's probably because he's not very versatile.)

I bet if it was Eve holding the necktie he wouldn't have gotten the chance to flare his nostrils and act so damn superior. Victor looked like he wanted to laser heat vision him to death. If everybody else gets to cheat death, why can't Victor have that superpower?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Xander definitely looks like he can rock her world in bed, but his list of misdeeds is a little too long at this point. He kept Joey and Claire captive, he shot Marlena, he shot Brady, he kidnapped Nicole and kept her in a cage in Greece and then later forced her into marriage through blackmail. No semi intelligent woman would buy his lovesick puppy schtick and fall into his arms unless she was seriously depressed. I fully believe that Sarah doesn't love herself very much and hasn't for quite some time and that's why she's opening up to someone who clearly isn't husband material. And I like Xander. But I would never advise her or anybody else to date him. At least not right now.

Granted, this was with MUCH better quality and writing, but Steve/Patch was downright scary at the beginning...and we know how HE turned out. Basically, in Salem, almost anything goes and can eventually be overlooked, if not forgiven.  😛

• Love 5

Foraging?  That’s a thing?  (Apparently BTW)

Okay, that was funny (and weird) and not Dorian. So I’ll go with Vorian.   Vorian seems more insane than Dorian.   And bless Kate and her scrappy self for digging out. 

Gabi is having an existential crisis I think.  She got into the revenge game and now it has gone too far.  Cue redemption arc. 

Ciara has ambition.  Go figure.   And when she finds out about her Grandpa, that’s gonna be a problem.  If they play this right, this could be interesting.  If the reveal comes too soon then she’ll walk easily.   Later on it might be more difficult.  And Ben made a choice for her — that’s not going to sit well.  

Ericole both made good choices today.   Mature, honest.   That’s not gonna stay for long.   Baby mamma drama dead ahead.

And I like redemption on Xander   It’s working for me.

• Love 7

Why is Ben blaming Brady ?

didn't Brady tell Ciara the job offer did not depend on her breaking up with Ben ?  Then Ciara told Ben she would not take it if they wanted her to break up with him. Brady saves Ben unties him.  Then Ben is nasty to Brady.  The whole thing was strange. 

@DisneyBoy you make very good points about how Bens victims felt.  I don’t think the show wants us to remember them. 

• Love 1

has she ever succeeded in killing anyone?

Vivian burying Carly alive is a well-remembered story, but the less remembered part is that in the weeks leading up to that, Vivian killed a couple of Carly's patients by injecting them with cleaning fluid; her plan was to frame Carly for their deaths.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, CRT said:

Vivian burying Carly alive is a well-remembered story, but the less remembered part is that in the weeks leading up to that, Vivian killed a couple of Carly's patients by injecting them with cleaning fluid; her plan was to frame Carly for their deaths.

Yes. Vivian's actions were influenced by some Herb medicine or something she got from some chinese Doctor . The side effect of that medicine was the patient experiencing  Psychosis . 

• Love 1

I would suspend my impatience with evil twin roles if RSW were to be recast as "Sven," on the strict condition that the role require a Swedish accent.

And then I would laugh and laugh.

Edited by Sandman
But not at Swedes!
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, mrsnolatron said:

Casual viewer here. Is Xander supposed to be Alexander Kiriakis, the love child of Justin K. and Angelica Deveraux?

He should be but they made him a different Alexander Kirakis son of unknown brother of Victor (not Justin's dad or Deimos).

• Love 1
On 9/8/2019 at 7:54 AM, virginiawoman said:

Kristen Alfonzo is the queen of the whisper voice. I can't understand/hear her a lot of the time, especially when she gets all serious.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mrsnolatron said:

Casual viewer here. Is Xander supposed to be Alexander Kiriakis, the love child of Justin K. and Angelica Deveraux?

No ,he is not . He the contrieved son of Victor's contrieved late brother ,Titus Kiriakis. 

I am still shocked that the TIIC did not even think of casting Telfer as either Alexander Kiriakis or Justin andAdrienne's twins Victor II and Joseph Kiriakis.

I honestly prefer Telfer being cast as Victor II and Joseph (, who makes cameo appearances ). Telfer sure does know how to play insecure /jealous characters who are not sure they fit in  . I can see Victor II basically doing what Xander had been doing for Victor for many years because he is insecure about the fact he is not a biological kiriakis so he involves himself in Victor's sleazy businesses as a way of proving himself worthy of the Kiriakis name and wealth. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2

Vivian forages?  For what?

"Shut up and eat."

Jeez, guys, Rolf just came back from the dead, he's probably pretty hungry.

Did Kate Uber over from the cemetery?

I can't keep track of when Kayla is Doctor Brady and when she's Doctor Johnson.

I loved the conversation between Stefan and Gabi over which person they were talking about being upstairs.

The least they could have done was clean off Kate's face.

Kayla put the charging paddles OVER the blanket?

So just who is the chef at the Brady Pub?  And they have Calvados?

Jennifer is going to write a front page story saying Vivian shot Kate with absolutely no evidence?

That song was horrible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Vivian forages?  For what?

She was just lying so she didn't have to tell Stefan she shot Kate. Which she then just told him almost immediately afterward anyway.

Did Kate Uber over from the cemetery?

Apparently someone called the cops because they saw her stumbling around town lol.

The least they could have done was clean off Kate's face.

They did at the end. And even put some fresh makeup on her!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I must be made of ice because even the sappy Doug and Julie flashbacks made me feel nothing for her. And I say this as someone who has been watching since 1984 and I tolerated her back then. The only sympathy I felt was for Bill Hayes who, especially at his age has to have a really hard time getting through these emotional scenes.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why is Ben blaming Brady ?

didn't Brady tell Ciara the job offer did not depend on her breaking up with Ben ?  Then Ciara told Ben she would not take it if they wanted her to break up with him. Brady saves Ben unties him.  Then Ben is nasty to Brady.  The whole thing was strange. 

@DisneyBoy you make very good points about how Bens victims felt.  I don’t think the show wants us to remember them. 

Which is why you barely see JJ/Ben scenes(fortunately for me) because he's the only one that seems to acknowledge all of Ben's victims.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

The only sympathy I felt was for Bill Hayes who, especially at his age has to have a really hard time getting through these emotional scenes.

As I wracked my brain trying to figure out why they would subject both of them to this morbid storyline, it occurred to me that this could be set up for the eventuality of Susan passing away. Granted, they could limit it to having Kayla detect a heart murmur and warning Julie to take it easy in the future and leave it at that. Then, in the eventuality that the actress passed away, they could call back to the heart murmur thing as a possible explanation for why (and I would give them credit for at least having the foresight to do that much, given the mishandling of recent veterans' passings). They really did not need to go all-in on this, especially given that the cast at the time of this filming was still mourning the passing of the actress who played Grandma Brady (blanking on her name).

Doug and Julie are both in their 90s. Why play out the grief of losing them now when it isn't necessary, and you could instead be using them in happier storylines to make their days at work pleasant and fun? Given how depressing all the stories are right now, I would have done a subplot with Doug and Julie struggling to keep up with the dirty dishes and the shift schedules at their club now that Chloe isn't around to handle things anymore. I feel like they're much better suited to that kind of slapstick than this maudlin stuff.

I can't help but feel, especially watching an episode like today's where so many bizarre things are happening all at the same time, that Corday or the network shifted gears on a few of the stories. For one thing, I don't think it makes any sense at all for Gabi to barely register the fact that Kate has been murdered, especially after she and Kate just had a pretty cordial conversation a few hours earlier, then threaten to expose the woman behind the murder only to soften and canoodle with Stefan because their marriage comes first. Really? Their incomprehensible, 3 week long marriage comes before her relationship with Kate which has gone back like a decade at this point? Huh? Where are the tears Gabi? Having read spoilers I know where this is headed but it is still extremely awkward. One evening, Gabi is begging Stefan not to kill Kate and standing in the path of the bullet, and two days later his mother has killed and buried Kate and Gabi is barely commenting on it. Suuuuure.

We all know that Kate is going to survive this, but that just brings me back to the big question of why the hell was this a story to begin with? I could see Vivian wanting to get revenge, and Ron wanting to do the Buried Alive callback since he never got a chance before and it's famously Vivian's schtick...but what does this get us? Crying and moaning and wailing in the hospital? We've already got that!

We're in the middle of the Julie is going to die story and the Jack gets his memory back story. All three are converging in the hospital but in a very weird way. Having Jennifer express sympathy to Hope when, at least by my count, Jennifer's had more scenes with Julie over the last 10 years than Hope has...and Julie and Doug live with Jennifer (don't they?)...it just feels like there isn't time for any of this to land with any of the important characters.

I wish if they decided to write characters out they could do it in a way that doesn't train wreck other stories. Honestly, a better writer could.

Anyway, I really liked the scenes with Rolfe eating and eating. This is the first time I've actually seen any character eat a full meal at the Brady Pub. Good for you Doctor!

Should I even bother to ask how a Doctor whose medical license probably should have been pulled back in 1989 is able to get a University Hospital's lab all to himself? Kayla should rightly be fired for all of this. But what can I say, I'm a details man...

That moment with him and Hope couldn't have been any less subtle if she was holding a sign up in front of her chest that said "Princess Gina time?" I really hope they don't go there again. If Rolfe is going to do anything to Hope, let him encourage her to spend some time single, mourning her late husband, bonding with her clearly troubled daughter and maybe eating a couple of full meals at the pub. Although, weirdly I thought Kristian Alfonso looked a bit more chubby-cheeked. I know that can't have been from weight gain. Did she get more fillers? Maybe it was just the lighting.

I liked the song over the Julie and Doug montage. Was that Haley singing? I really didn't like the random edits. They kept coming back to the same clips over and over in a way that suggested the people in the editing room weren't looking at their computer screens when splicing the footage.

Kayla still does not know how to use paddles correctly. I'm no doctor, but any child who has watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy or ER can spot the problems with how they always stage those scenes.

I will give them credit though for remembering that Eli's mother is a heart surgeon and deserved some small mention in the story. It was also nice that Jennifer called Adrienne.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I don't care if Julie dies but they did get me to take my finger off of the FF button to watch those flashbacks.  It's always fun to see how we used to style and dress ourselves.  

Why did they bother with those silly scenes of Kayla using the defibrillator paddles on Kate when they could have just told us Kate was unconscious in her room?  It did make me chuckle that Lauren Koslow didn't make too much of an effort to flop her body up off of the hospital bed when the paddles were applied.   

Just the thought of Kristian Alfonso using that ridiculous Princess Gina accent makes me groan but Dr Rolf running into Hope at the hospital actually gave me the chills.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

As I wracked my brain trying to figure out why they would subject both of them to this morbid storyline, it occurred to me that this could be set up for the eventuality of Susan passing away. Granted, they could limit it to having Kayla detect a heart murmur and warning Julie to take it easy in the future and leave it at that. Then, in the eventuality that the actress passed away, they could call back to the heart murmur thing as a possible explanation for why (and I would give them credit for at least having the foresight to do that much, given the mishandling of recent veterans' passings). They really did not need to go all-in on this, especially given that the cast at the time of this filming was still mourning the passing of the actress who played Grandma Brady (blanking on her name).

Doug and Julie are both in their 90s. Why play out the grief of losing them now when it isn't necessary, and you could instead be using them in happier storylines to make their days at work pleasant and fun? Given how depressing all the stories are right now, I would have done a subplot with Doug and Julie struggling to keep up with the dirty dishes and the shift schedules at their club now that Chloe isn't around to handle things anymore. I feel like they're much better suited to that kind of slapstick than this maudlin stuff.

I can't help but feel, especially watching an episode like today's where so many bizarre things are happening all at the same time, that Corday or the network shifted gears on a few of the stories. For one thing, I don't think it makes any sense at all for Gabi to barely register the fact that Kate has been murdered, especially after she and Kate just had a pretty cordial conversation a few hours earlier, then threaten to expose the woman behind the murder only to soften and canoodle with Stefan because their marriage comes first. Really? Their incomprehensible, 3 week long marriage comes before her relationship with Kate which has gone back like a decade at this point? Huh? Where are the tears Gabi? Having read spoilers I know where this is headed but it is still extremely awkward. One evening, Gabi is begging Stefan not to kill Kate and standing in the path of the bullet, and two days later his mother has killed and buried Kate and Gabi is barely commenting on it. Suuuuure.

We all know that Kate is going to survive this, but that just brings me back to the big question of why the hell was this a story to begin with? I could see Vivian wanting to get revenge, and Ron wanting to do the Buried Alive callback since he never got a chance before and it's famously Vivian's schtick...but what does this get us? Crying and moaning and wailing in the hospital? We've already got that!

We're in the middle of the Julie is going to die story and the Jack gets his memory back story. All three are converging in the hospital but in a very weird way. Having Jennifer express sympathy to Hope when, at least by my count, Jennifer's had more scenes with Julie over the last 10 years than Hope has...and Julie and Doug live with Jennifer (don't they?)...it just feels like there isn't time for any of this to land with any of the important characters.

I wish if they decided to write characters out they could do it in a way that doesn't train wreck other stories. Honestly, a better writer could.

Anyway, I really liked the scenes with Rolfe eating and eating. This is the first time I've actually seen any character eat a full meal at the Brady Pub. Good for you Doctor!

Should I even bother to ask how a Doctor whose medical license probably should have been pulled back in 1989 is able to get a University Hospital's lab all to himself? Kayla should rightly be fired for all of this. But what can I say, I'm a details man...

That moment with him and Hope couldn't have been any less subtle if she was holding a sign up in front of her chest that said "Princess Gina time?" I really hope they don't go there again. If Rolfe is going to do anything to Hope, let him encourage her to spend some time single, mourning her late husband, bonding with her clearly troubled daughter and maybe eating a couple of full meals at the pub. Although, weirdly I thought Kristian Alfonso looked a bit more chubby-cheeked. I know that can't have been from weight gain. Did she get more fillers? Maybe it was just the lighting.

I liked the song over the Julie and Doug montage. Was that Haley singing? I really didn't like the random edits. They kept coming back to the same clips over and over in a way that suggested the people in the editing room weren't looking at their computer screens when splicing the footage.

Kayla still does not know how to use paddles correctly. I'm no doctor, but any child who has watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy or ER can spot the problems with how they always stage those scenes.

I will give them credit though for remembering that Eli's mother is a heart surgeon and deserved some small mention in the story. It was also nice that Jennifer called Adrienne.

Julie's not in her 90s!  

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Peggy McCay played Caroline Brady

Susan is 76 and Bill is 94. Doug/Julie also have an age difference between them.  Regardless I did like the montage because it reminded me of a time when Days was a good soap and they had a budget. Plus I am a Doug/Julie fan. I'm surprised they gave us real flashbacks for this one too. I could see them preparing for "the end" with them. Its not as if they get that much airtime. Just send them on a cruise.

I did find it strange that Doug referred to Haley as "Ms. Nurse" I mean given how close he and JJ seem one would think Doug would know Haley is his GF.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4