Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I hope EJ and Abby have lovely sex one more time and she gets pregnant. EJ dies and she's left alone to raise a Dimeria baby with Stefano hanging over her shoulders forever.

That would make her feel even more privileged and I don't think I could stand it.

Sami just confirmed the truth, so I don't get what the big deal is.

Especially since Will's whole excuse is that he was telling the truth.

• Love 3
That would make her feel even more privileged and I don't think I could stand it.

Abitrick can't handle being connected to the Dimeria's permanently, no matter what she says. Stefano could easily cause her to go crazy and check into a mental hospital, never to be seen or heard from again.

• Love 2

I loved Lucas pointing out to EJ that EJ is the one responsible for cheating on Sami, and calling EJ a fool.

I still don’t get how Sami is the supposed villain in this, or why EJ is angry at Sami because Sami is angry at EJ for cheating on her.  If EJ wants to be angry Sami married him for revenge, had him thrown in jail, and is selling his toys, fine.  However, EJ looks beyond stupid for being mad at Sami for what he did.  It’s not Sami’s fault EJ cheated.  EJ does this all the time.  He is the one who invaded Sami’s life in 2006, and raped her to get her pregnant with Johnny, but he constantly acts like he is Sami’s victim.

It’s also not Victor’s fault Sonny asked Victor to give Will a job, and Will wrote that article.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Sami's all about not losing the company, power and the money. She gets kicked out of DE and what does she have? She also can't leave the Dimera mansion because she has nothing else without the Dimera money, business and power. She's more freaked out about the company than anything else, because of what it represents to her.

I think Sami enjoys the influence the Dimeras have when it comes to getting her and her kid out of legal hot water, but I never got the impression that she was all about the money (though that's where the influence comes from, I suppose). I took her word for it that the Dimera company/legacy isn't what she wanted for herself or her kids.

But honestly, it would help to explain her being in panic mode right now. You think she'd be happy the company is tanking, apparently ahead of schedule. Less work for her and Kate! (By the way, where is Kate?) Unless there's a part of their plan that hinges on Dimera Enterprises being solvent a little while longer, I can't think of any reasons why Sami is having this about face in regards to the company that don't involve money/power/hold over EJ. I don't think it's consistent with the way it's been written, but why should Sami be spared the same crappy characterization as everyone else on this show?

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 2

I want to see how AS (and JS, since he's tied to AS) exit the show, but I don't know if I can even ride things out. The show is really bad.

I thought the confrontation between Will and Abigail would be high-octane, but something about the whole thing fell flat.

• Love 2

I still don’t get how Sami is the supposed villain in this, or why EJ is angry at Sami because Sami is angry at EJ for cheating on her.  If EJ wants to be angry Sami married him for revenge, had him thrown in jail, and is selling his toys, fine.  

I think Sami enjoys the influence the Dimeras have when it comes to getting her and her kid out of legal hot water, but I never got the impression that she was all about the money (though that's where the influence comes from, I suppose). I took her word for it that the Dimera company/legacy isn't what she wanted for herself or her kids.

But honestly, it would help to explain her being in panic mode right now. You think she'd be happy the company is tanking, apparently ahead of schedule. Less work for her and Kate! (By the way, where is Kate?) Unless there's a part of their plan that hinges on Dimera Enterprises being solvent a little while longer, I can't think of any reasons why Sami is having this about face in regards to the company that don't involve money/power/hold over EJ. I don't think it's consistent with the way it's been written, but why should Sami be spared the same crappy characterization as everyone else on this show?

This whole thing is a mess and nobody is behaving with any consistency at all.  I'm not sure how much longer I can watch this crap.

• Love 5

I watch Days on Hulu sometimes.  Has anyone else noticed Days went from 41-42 min down to 37 min?  But somehow it seems longer because at 12:50 on TV I start wondering why the show isn't over yet.

Does anybody else say "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives" along with McDonald Carey every day?  I was just wondering how many thousands of times I've done that.

And this bears repeating.  Abs thinks she is the Jesus to Will's Judas? 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

The discussion between Kristen and Brady was just so, so anti-climatic. Unless Brady's weird looking flexing pec muscles were shooting deadly invisible radiation rays at Kristen, no Brady, you did not let Kristen have it.

How can a man be so damn hairless. He doesn't even have hair on his forearms. I don't want his upper body to look like his body is carpeted in shag rug material like John but to be completely devoid of hair is kinda repulsive to me.  

I don't keep up on Days in the media so I was wondering do soap writers still give interviews? I remember a time back in the day when there were soap mags (dating myself) and writers would give insight into the stories, their thought process and the characters. I really need such a thing now and not from Corday. What are they doing?!? I feel like I am in opposite land. The rootable character who was actually betrayed is the villain reviled by all. The villain who did the wrong is the helpless ingenue victim going around bitch slapping the person she wronged while the whole town roots her on and excusing her behavior. Down is up, black is white. Nothing makes sense. 

I was so damn livid by the end of the episode that I actually had to take some deep breaths. That isn't healthy! I wanted to reach into the tv and slap the enamel off Abby teeth's. I wanted Sami to punch that wedge shaped nose off her face and then stomp Abigail into wine, pour her into a glass and drink it by a roaring fire enjoying the Kami portrait while she contemplates deep thoughts. I cannot wrap my damn mind about what this show is doing and where they are taking this mess. 

Jump offs don't deserve anonymity. Jump offs don't deserve protection. 

I also don't understand how the revelation of Abby as the jumpoff is worse for DE. EJ's plausible deniability nonsense didn't do it for me. The company is run by a shady ass family with ties to the underworld. Steffie and his family are in and out of police custody on a regular basis. EJ steals all Steffie's shit, including DE, whenever he is on the outs with daddy dearest. EJ was just jailed for state tax issues and is out on bail. Kristen was just apprehended and indicted for a shitload of crimes, including rape. According to all this the board of directors should be in a meeting every other day and EJ would never be off the phone with them and always going over this cellphone plan minutes. But no. Abby's name in the article is what gets the board's panties in a knot? OK then.

The 'confrontation' between EJ and Lucas was far too short. So I guess Victor is gonna get dragged into this clustermuck. Feels like the show is playing pass the blame with Abby being immune from blame of course. 

• Love 10

Abitrick can't handle being connected to the Dimeria's permanently, no matter what she says. Stefano could easily cause her to go crazy and check into a mental hospital, never to be seen or heard from again.

Why throw the baby out with the bathwater. Sic Stefano on her now, she's tarnishing the Dimera name, she's no match for a Sami, Nicole or Kate and she's not even a Brady I'm surprised Stefano hasn't locked her in a basement by now. She's the poor woman's Rafe Hernandez.

• Love 1

You know how you can tell who the "good people" are on a show?  They are someone who reacts disdainfully when they hear of children being distressed.  Who didn't love the little annoyed eye roll Abby gave when Sami mentioned her childrens' lives being shattered by their dad's affair? What an absolute winner Abby is!  Your heroine, ladies and gentleman.

And I loved Will's response to Sonny's extremely legitimate question of "Didn't he think other journalist would figure out Abby's identity by his pointed description?"  Apparently, Will's such an excellent writer that he doesn't "know any of that stuff."  He has never read any other articles or noticed how rabid tabloid journalists are.

I have no words. :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

Ugh, Abigail's face continues to be annoying. What the fudge...

Her teeth, her lips, her nose....even her hair is annoying me! Maybe she needs a hair-cut...

Sonny should be hanging out on a message board.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

WTH Will just called his husband a glorified baristo?  Good for Sonny when he said Daddy is coming.  He's been more of a parent than her own from the start.  I still predict a custody fight. 

I can't believe Will just walked out on his daughter.  If you're leaving you take her with you, you spoiled little weasel (tm boes).

Oh and screw the press release.  Who do they think they are to send a press release thinking anyone would pick up other than Jen's connections,  Maybe.  Jen should get into trouble at work for using her connections like that.

Wow, that's the same Ari and she is adorable.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

I want Sami to squash Abigail like the little bug that she is. I can't stand that self-righteous attitude of hers. I seriously wonder if the writers expect us to root for her because it's not working at all.

Edited by GeminiDancer
  • Love 9

This version of Will seems like such a child. Like his mannerisms seem like a 7 year old's....

How was Victor supposed to know that Will was going to write about Sami and Abigail? I know he's the publisher, but isn't it up to the individual editor of the magazine to figure out what goes in it?

Why is EJ shocked that Sami thinks he was trying to blackmail her? He's done it before. I mean, come on now.....EJ shouldn't be shocked.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

First a question - does Days air early in some places?  Where I live it's on at 1:00.  It seems like some people comment on the current episode earlier than that. 

Second - a comment on yesterday's show.  When EJ was asking Sami what she would do for his help, I flashbacked to when he forced her to have sex to save Lucas.  I'm guessing that was intentional on the part of the writers?  But when did EJ go from wanting Sami back to just evil bastard wanting to punish her?  I've been watching for Sami's exit story, and don't think I've skipped anything but when did he have this about face?

• Love 1

Sonny, go ahead and gather your things and Ari's things and leave those peasant quarters you call an apartment. On the way to the Kiriakis mansion you call Justin and tell him you want to file for divorce and full custody of Ari. 

Sami, you've entertained Abby for long enough.Go get your gun and shoot that trick in the face. Then dump her body in the woods to be devoured by animals. 

Brady, go ahead and lock Kristen in a crypt. 

• Love 7

So tomorrow's the day that Sami clotheslines Abigail against the wall, right? I need to see that.

You got your wish, serenitynow! And how awesome was it while it lasted.

Though I hate the fact it seems Abigail won this fight. I REALLY hope Sami still has a few tricks up her sleeve.

• Love 4

Good for Victor for pointing out the obvious to EJ.

Why can't Sami kill EJ and the boring twit, and then Kate and Sami burn the bodies?  Why does it look like Sami is going to get back together with EJ so he can abuse her some more?

Sonny leave Will, NOW.

I would watch a show that had only Sami, Kate, Victor, and Sonny.

• Love 4

Does anybody else say "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives" along with McDonald Carey every day?  I was just wondering how many thousands of times I've done that.

I watch with closed captioning on, and the CC can't decide if MC says "sand" or "sands".  It seems like they switch off from day to day.

First a question - does Days air early in some places?  Where I live it's on at 1:00.  It seems like some people comment on the current episode earlier than that. 

Canada is a day ahead of the US, and maybe two, by now.

Any reputable publication (*cough*not owned by a Kiriakis*cough*) would have contacted Abby to get her side of the story before they published.

Y'know, if Will wanted a steady writing gig while also writing on commission, the hospital is hiring for a PR person...

• Love 4

Also, I'm on the East Coast, and Days airs at 12 pm here.  It used to be 1pm but our NBC affiliate changed the time to noon several years ago.

Y'know, if Will wanted a steady writing gig while also writing on commission, the hospital is hiring for a PR person...

How awesome would it be if Will applied for Abby's old job?  :)

I loved Will's "glorified baristo" line to Sonny--I guess the little two faced bitch was to busy sniveling to remember that Sonny owns the business.  What a jackass comment to make to the man he supposedly loves.  Will really is a Horton--say something he doesn't like or disagrees with and the claws come out.

RE:  the article, I did like Victor's comment to EJ when EJ asked him what about the damage to his kids:  "You should of thought of that before doing Abigail Horton."  WOO HOO!!

• Love 4

Instead of her forearm on Abby's neck, Sami should have her hands around it and squeezed it until Abby's air supply ran out. IDK if Sami is crying because she wants to give EJ a second chance or because she's going to hate herself for doing so. Sami shouldn't have even given Abby's threat a second thought, especially if she's going to give EJ another chance. I'm glad that Sami informed Chad and can't wait for him to come back and ream her out.

Ben/Kevin/Ollie needs to sit down somewhere and stop giving EJ attitude. EJ hasn't done anything to him and needs to let it go that EJ slept with the slut before he got the chance.

Too much sexual chemistry between Dan and Kristen. Is this is how they suppose to play their scenes cause if anything Dan sure as hell looked like he wanted to mount her and take her right then and there on the desk. Horrible direction since Dan is suppose to despise her.

Mar is right Will, blame yourself because Sonny didn't put a gun to his head and told him to write the article and Will did get some sick pleasure out of writing the article as he told Kate, Sami, and EJ when they were confronting him. He had a sick smirk on his face, happy that he did it and wants to cry and bitch when Sonny points it out to him. I can't take GW's acting, it's so horrible and atrocious. He did that head down, eye thing again when he really needs to stop it.

• Love 6

IDK if Sami is crying because she wants to give EJ a second chance or because she's going to hate herself for doing so.

I think Sami is crying because she knows she will be stuck in this horrible SL until she leaves Salem.  I would be crying to.

• Love 6

Will is just one outburst away from stomping his foot and having an all-out tantrum. Waaaaaa Abigail needed defending waaaa my mom is bad waaaaaa I love my mom waaaaaaa I didn't mean for this to happen waaaaaaa isn't anyone going to tell me what a good article it is. Waaaaa waaaaa waaaaaa. Sonny, you married a man-child. No wonder you feel the need to help him out. 

Plus that Richie Cunningham/Howdy Doody ensemble he's been wearing for the past week isn't helping to make him look mature. At all.

Edited by janeyjay
  • Love 7

Too much sexual chemistry between Dan and Kristen. Is this is how they suppose to play their scenes cause if anything Dan sure as hell looked like he wanted to mount her and take her right then and there on the desk. Horrible direction since Dan is suppose to despise her.

All of the Daniel/Kristen interactions this go-round have had Unresolved Sexual Tension written all over them. They appeared to me to be consistently on the verge of fucking the entire time they were tying each other up and getting in each other's faces. It's been a prolonged game of bondage and S&M play for these two from jump.

Plus that Richie Cunningham/Howdy Doody ensemble he's been wearing for the past week isn't helping to make him look mature. At all.

Didn't Richie leave the show to become a journalist? (You know Richie would have never sold out Mrs. C!)

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 2

Didn't Richie leave the show to become a journalist? (You know Richie would have never sold out Mrs. C!)

Richie would have NEVER sold out his mom. Even if he had thought about it, Fonzie would have stopped him. Will needs a Fonzie. Aaayyyyyy.

• Love 2

God, Will has turned into the character I hate the most on this show.  What a whiny little asshole.  "Glorified barista?"  Bitch, please, he has a job and owns a business. What are you doing?

And who the hell does Ben think he is, trying to throw EJ out of *Sonny*'s club?  Y'know, his boss's father-in-law?

• Love 5

LOL at Sonny saying that Abby/EJ/Sami would have moved on by now had it not been for the article. Hardly, Sonny. Sami wasn't moving on from Abby. She had no intentions too, and she emailed and sent a physical copy of the article to hurt Chad. Chad who did nothing to hurt her and who EJ/kids love. That one was low and crossed a new line, Stefano I hope hears how she set out to hurt Chad and makes her pay a consequence for that. 

So little Abby D is playing in the big leagues with Mr. Shin.  The rivalry between Sami and Abby is laughable, especially since it's AS's last few months on the show.  They should have had Sami and Nicole team up against Kritter like they did against Kate when she put Sami in bed with Brandon.  Now that would have been a good throwback with two of the best actresses on the show.  Plus Nicole/Sami teaming up against EJ and Kristen for Eric would have been gold.  They could have had Will write about Eric sexing Kristen to get the same drama now. Boring Twit Abby not included.

Anyway, even though I hate EJ, I am glad that the next step means Abby and Ben and Chad and EJami on the slow (fast) track to reconciliation. I've resigned myself to the fact that there will not be a Lumi reunion and anything is better than Abby being the new Mrs. EJ DiMera.  I see Brady is now on TeamAbby too.  The propping is just too much.  Stefano will probably offer to braid her hair next.  And did Vic really refer to Abby as 'Abigail Horton'?  They really wanna wipe out all traces of Jack.  And Abby is like a daughter to Maggie?  She;s her grand niece, same as you and Sonny, Vic.

Special mention for me goes to my ship WilSon for having a verbal spat with some real zingers and letting it last the whole episode and beyond.  Both sides had valid points.  Will was under-prepared for being a journalist, so Sonny arranging the job thrust him in the deep end, but his underhanded methods were his own doing.  Sonny was right about Will's ego,but I think Will was being partially honest about teaching Sami a lesson, however misguided.  Sami and EJ would not be having lunch if it weren't for Will's article, so in a way, EJ should thank him.  Victor was right about EJ needing to realise that he should have thought of his kids when he was boning Abby.

Anyway, I've always thought that Sonny has a controlling streak, but in a way that's helpful to scatterbrained Will.  Sonny has always seemed mature and wise beyond his years, while Will acts like a child sometimes.  I thought Will was really out of line with the 'glorified barista' comment, but it's not the first time he's denigrated Sonny's job.  He made light of it when he said that Sonny could bar tend in NYC.  Sonny is a respected business owner and has subsidized Will and Gabi and Ari with the proceeds of that business, which I wish he had pointed out to Will.

I thought Sonny being left to hold the baby while Will cleared his head was an anvil of a future custody battle, especially when Sonny told Ari 'daddy's coming'.  Will going to bed angry was a departure for them and I hope the writers develop it more.  It seems like Will might make an impulsive decision to move out and take Ari with him.

Sonny is Will's rock, but it's always been about Sonny creating opportunities and dragging Will after him.  Will making it on his own is a good issue to explore since he constantly battles with his low self-esteem.  Will could also go the other way down a path of destruction, leaving Sonny literally holding the baby.  Will's dad is an alcoholic so that might be something to explore too.

• Love 3

As much as I am annoyed by Will and really do like Sonny.  I really hope there isn't a "custody" battle in their future.  I also don't believe that Sonny has any right to Arianna.  He is a great step-parent but that is what he is, a step-parent. That would be like EJ trying to take Allie away from Sami.

As great as Sonny is to Arianna that doesn't give him parental rights. 

• Love 1

Oh where to start my daily rant.....NuWill is just awful.  He can't act, he's not attractive and he just really sucks.  What's with the head down looking like a charging bull all the time?  Sonny, divorce this bitch ASAP and go get custody of Ari.  Calling your loving husband a 'glorified barista'.  WTF, Dude you haven't held a job in AGES, your loving husband has supported you, your Baby Mama and your baby.  He's a much better father to Ari than you could ever hope to be.  For someone who is all about the truth, he sure has trouble about hearing the truth about himself.  He can't take responsibility for anything, can he?  I just can't decide if he's a weasel or a snake. 

Next up, Skankigail.  Boy, that slut has boundary issues, doesn't she?  I would love to just blame this all on her Momma, but even Jen has the good manners not to assault someone in their own home, let alone assault the woman whose man you slept with and wanted to keep on sleeping with even after he told you he was all about Sami.  This trifling bitch made me so mad today, I had to shut the DVR off. I think I've hit my breaking point with this show and their hack writers.  I'm really not vested in any of these boring storylines anymore.  As much as I've loved Sami off and on through the years, I hate this exit she is getting.  I don't want her begging EJ to save her or his damn company.  Where is Kate for crying out loud?  She's the only one I can stomach at the moment and that's going to stop if she gets back with Rafe.  I'll be back with an additional rant later if I can stomach watching the rest of this pitiful episode.

• Love 3

Sonny is a lot better looking than Will.

Although CM's Will could be smart-alecky, I never really thought of his version of Will as so self-righteous.

This version of Will seems so horrified that anyone could think anything bad about him, and I don't get why he feels so offended, since this is, well, Salem. People are constantly thinking of the worst of everyone in this town. And here he actually did something deserving of judgment and censure. Even though Will may have some of Sami's qualities, I don't remember Sami ever seeming so shocked when Marlena gave her the stink-eye for something bad that she had done. That's where Sami and Will don't seem so much alike -- when Sami goes on weird rants it's usually against someone like Nicole who really did do something bad to her in stealing her baby. However,  with someone like Carrie, she'd take the whipping and humiliation she was going to get IN FRONT OF EVERYONE on her wedding day.  Sure, she'd go back the next month to doing something strange, but on the day of reckoning, she'd take her lumps and slaps without seeming shocked that people would actually be ticked off. There'd be crying and boo-hooing about all other kinds of things, but not necessarily crying about everybody thinking the worst of her the way Will has been doing. That's where I find Will is kind of strange -- he's acting like Abigail.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I hate this stupid show. The only person who doesn't talk about poor Abigail is Kristen so I guess she's my new favorite. Where is Kate to set Abby straight on a few things? Gah.

Sami really should just start shooting and let the bullets fall where they may.

Or anyone. Someone get a gun. Pronto.

• Love 5
As much as I am annoyed by Will and really do like Sonny.  I really hope there isn't a "custody" battle in their future.  I also don't believe that Sonny has any right to Arianna.  He is a great step-parent but that is what he is, a step-parent. That would be like EJ trying to take Allie away from Sami.

As great as Sonny is to Arianna that doesn't give him parental rights.

That's actually changed. Stepparents can ask for custody or visitation, and be granted it. It's a lot easier to be granted visitation than custody (and only four states don't allow stepparents to be considered for visitation at all), but custody is possible. 

The main strike against Sonny would be that Ari is a baby who just turned a year old, so he hasn't been her father for very long. If we jumped to 12 years in the future, Sonny and Will are getting divorced when Ari is 13? If Sonny's relationship with Ari is strong, then it would be a very different story. He'd have to be an unfit parent not to get at least visitation.

One thing, my friends, one thing......On what planet would Chad NOT have found out about Abigail and EJ giving sex a bad name, and Kate and Sami taking over Dimera Enterprises?  He's in Boston, last I remember, not being a Sherpa in Tibet.  Sami sending him the article wasn't any sort of betrayal of the Secret of the Holy Horton Hoohaw.  The guy can read, there is a breaking story about his family, and about the girl he wanted, so it's a pretty safe bet he knew or would have known about it in record time no matter what Sami did.

I'm only hoping that he's disgusted with both Abigail and EJ.  After all the fury she put him through because he got to her highly over-valued prized parts before Cameron, and then she turns around and shops the goods to HIS BROTHER, he should scorn her for the petty self-absorbed nutjob she is.

And he should despise EJ for having such terrible taste.

Now, ON TO THE SHOW!!

Oh where to start my daily rant.....NuWill is just awful.  He can't act, he's not attractive and he just really sucks.  What's with the head down looking like a charging bull all the time?  Sonny, divorce this bitch ASAP and go get custody of Ari.  Calling your loving husband a 'glorified barista'.  WTF, Dude you haven't held a job in AGES, your loving husband has supported you, your Baby Mama and your baby.  He's a much better father to Ari than you could ever hope to be.  For someone who is all about the truth, he sure has trouble about hearing the truth about himself.  He can't take responsibility for anything, can he?  I just can't decide if he's a weasel or a snake. 

Next up, Skankigail.  Boy, that slut has boundary issues, doesn't she?  I would love to just blame this all on her Momma, but even Jen has the good manners not to assault someone in their own home, let alone assault the woman whose man you slept with and wanted to keep on sleeping with even after he told you he was all about Sami.  This trifling bitch made me so mad today, I had to shut the DVR off. 

I know what you mean about Will.  He's both a snake AND a weasel.  I think we should call him a Sneasel.  

And now we know what an angry sneasel looks like.  They lower their head, stare with unblinking little snake eyes, pout their lips and then WHINE really, really loudly.

Jar Jar Binks hopping into the Dimera Mansion and whacking Sami across the face was pretty hilarious.  I replayed that one several times.  I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I think they must have had to do several takes to get this done without both AS and KM breaking up in laughter.  KM in particular looked ready to giggle when the SLAP connected.  ( I hope they're having fun with this because most of us sure as hell aren't.)

Storywise, though, Abigail threatening Sami with calling Mr. Shin is pretty weak.  On what planet does she - or Sami, for that matter? - seriously think that Mr. Shin wants to talk to Abigail for any reason other than seeing if he can get in on the action?  She's not some financial Idiot Savant, (Idiot, yes, savant...no), not some member of a family as powerful as the Dimeras, not a tycoon in her own right - she's EJ's sidepiece, nothing more and nothing less.  What does she think she has to tell Mr. Shin that would make one single bit of difference?

I know the story is written as if she DOES have something important to tell Shin that could hurt Sami, but the storyline and the character of Abby doesn't bear it out.  So I'm not buying what they're selling.  That scene was put in so they could have the satisfaction of writing CAT FIGHT.  Y.A.W.N.

Dynasty is long gone and they did it better anyway.

God, Will has turned into the character I hate the most on this show.  What a whiny little asshole.  "Glorified barista?"  Bitch, please, he has a job and owns a business. What are you doing?

And who the hell does Ben think he is, trying to throw EJ out of *Sonny*'s club?  Y'know, his boss's father-in-law?

Will's snide jab at Sonny was something I would have expected from the Will of a couple of years ago, not the current version.  He's shown no sign until this week of being insecure in the relationship because of income inequality so I can't see this as anything other than one more excuse for his behavior.  He's throwing everything he can including the kitchen sink at the wall to see what sticks that will get him off the hook for his bad - and really stupid - behavior.  

I'm ready for Ollie to head back to DumbAss Hollow or wherever he's from.  And he can take Abigail with him.  They can settle down there, stick their heads up each other's butts till the end of time for all I care.  

All of the Daniel/Kristen interactions this go-round have had Unresolved Sexual Tension written all over them. They appeared to me to be consistently on the verge of fucking the entire time they were tying each other up and getting in each other's faces. It's been a prolonged game of bondage and S&M play for these two from jump.

I agree.  It's pretty clumsy sexual tension, since Dirty Dan's idea of tension seems to be getting ants in his pants and looking even grungier than ever.  It was pretty funny when he informed Kristen that he RUNS THE HOSPITAL.  No, Dan, YA' don't!  YA' work there, except when YA' don't.  YA' don't run much of anything other than your mouth.

I did enjoy where Kristen had her foot placed when she pushed Daniel away.  Just one inch lower and I'd be petitioning the court for her release on the grounds of a humanitarian intervention in putting a stop to Dirty Dan's sexcapades.

Will is just one outburst away from stomping his foot and having an all-out tantrum. Waaaaaa Abigail needed defending waaaa my mom is bad waaaaaa I love my mom waaaaaaa I didn't mean for this to happen waaaaaaa isn't anyone going to tell me what a good article it is. 

This aspect of Will reminded me of a while back, not that long ago, when Will decided to blackmail EJ and EJ turned the tables on him and blackmailed him into working on his campaign.  Will pissed and moaned and whined about it - until he started to really, really like all the perks - like the new car and the apartment - he got for working for EJ and Stefano.

Will has an avaricious streak and it doesn't take much to awaken it.  I think that motivation played a part in the story he wrote.  He only got 3000 bucks so far, but I think he'd do far more and far worse for more money, unless the blowback from this is too much.

Will does want the good things in life, and he wants the recognition, but what he never has wanted to do, or been willing to do, is to pay the price.

It would have been interesting to see how CM would played out this storyline.  I was ready to see him go, since he seemed to me to be phoning it in for the past several months before he left, but I do think he'd have put some real emotion in this storyline that is lacking with the current actor.  At least I think we'd have seen the essential weakness that conflict brings out in Will, whereas with this guy, all I'm seeing is an unblinking blank.  For me that was most evident in his scenes with Marlena today.  As much as I find her remote to the point of humor, I really did like her relationship with Will during the coming out storyline.  She could touch him like nobody else.  Today's scenes had none of that feel IMO.

As for Sami and EJ and them getting back together.......I know it's going to happen but it shouldn't happen this fast.  And it sure as HELL shouldn't happen on EJ's terms.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

The Abby and Will fight was supposed to be high drama?  For more than a second I thought I was watching a deleted Wizard of Oz scene with two of the Flying Monkeys having a domestic dispute

Haha, perfect description if there ever was one! 

Unless Brady's weird looking flexing pec muscles were shooting deadly invisible radiation rays at Kristen, no Brady, you did not let Kristen have it.

How can a man be so damn hairless. He doesn't even have hair on his forearms. I don't want his upper body to look like his body is carpeted in shag rug material like John but to be completely devoid of hair is kinda repulsive to me.

Haha, also.  I kept noticing his pecs bob whenever he got angry.  I guess another way of...emoting?

I'm guessing that EM waxes the hell out of his body and that's why he is so smooth looking.  Kind of weird, I must admit.  But I do find EM/Brady to be one of the hottest things on this show.  I hate that they ruined Brady and Theresa.  I think they could have been good for a long time.  Now I don't know what they will do with either of them.  I don't think the show does either...

Ugh, Abigail's face continues to be annoying. What the fudge...

Her teeth, her lips, her nose....even her hair is annoying me! Maybe she needs a hair-cut...

It's like her facial features are too big for her face and head.  They are all bunched in there.  She's not unnatractive, but not attractive in a conventional sense either.  It's like she needs to grow into her face or something, like maybe someday she could be really pretty.  That's how I see it.  She still has like this child thing going on with the face, with an adult body.  Confusing...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 2

What I'd love to see by the end of this week is Will coming out of the bedroom to a note from Sonny: "We need some time apart. I'm staying with my parents for a couple of weeks. You're blocked on my phone so don't bother. Please don't come to the club since you obviously have a problem with me being a glorified barista (witch I own remember?). I'll let you know when I'm ready to talk. Also the rent water and cable bill is due and since I'm not living there, it's your responsibility to take care of it. "

As of now I'm watching this show only for Freddie (who deserves way better than this crappy storyline and hopefully will win his Emmy next year assuming they're still having it after that last train wreck of a show)

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 6

It's like her facial features are too big for her face and head.  They are all bunched in there.  She's not unnatractive, but not attractive in a conventional sense either.  It's like she needs to grow into her face or something, like maybe someday she could be really pretty.  That's how I see it.  She still has like this child thing going on with the face, with an adult body.  Confusing...

Technically, I think she should be classified as pretty mainly because I figure guys would find her "hot"?

At the same time, I find her face...unlikable?

I remember not liking her face when she first started on the show, before we came to know that Abigail would be so infuriating. In time I did come to think she was pretty, partly because of familiarity, and also partly because she's one of those people other people get offended about when you don't think she's attractive. So I'm not sure if my opinion changed because of peer pressure. Still, there are times I just focus on how much her face annoys me rather than concentrating on her acting.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Boes said:

... Well said.  I've always liked the good guys and liked the ones who waver, and loved to hate the bad ones.  But there is no payback anymore, no justice, and not even very much justification.  The lines between good and bad don't need to drawn severely, and they can move, but they MUST exist for a storyline to have any dramatic tension.  And if we viewers don't get even temporary satisfaction, then our investment in all the action and emotion is lessened.  And then we might just stop caring. ...

Thank you!  I totally agree.

Canada is a day ahead of the US, and maybe two, by now.

Thanks for this.  I am always trying to figure this out.  We were ahead by a day, but now, I thought it had evened out.  I am not sure about posting about "today's" episode if we are truly ahead by a day.  Should we not have a separate topic for Canucks?  Are we not spoiling it for the US viewers?

• Love 1

Should we not have a separate topic for Canucks?  Are we not spoiling it for the US viewers?

Y&R does this but personally I don't care all that much.  I was just trying to figure out what was going on.  I'm used to other soap boards that  tended to be strict on not commenting on the days episode until after it finished airing.  :-)  

• Love 1

Sami should have just let Abigail go to Mr. Shin with whatever stupid info she had to share. (What would she have had to say anyway? That she and EJ had 'lovely' sex??)

Maybe EJ would blame Sami for Abigail going on the warpath, but maybe he'd also learn that she's not much of an innocent and that she's also willing to take down his company.

• Love 5

Sami should have just let Abigail go to Mr. Shin with whatever stupid info she had to share. (What would she have had to say anyway? That she and EJ had 'lovely' sex??)

She would tell him that Sami doesn't know ANYTHING about art - she's a POSER and she didn't even know who EJ's favorite artist was! Mr Shin would be so appalled at Sami's gross lack of culture, he would put out an immediate hit on Sami.  I mean, seriously! The NERVE of Sami! To act like she even has a right to EJ or anything Dimera when she's such a PEASANT!

• Love 8

Someone explain to me like I'm Brady, Will, Eric, Nicole, Abby, Jen and Adrienne why the DE board should care about EJ having an affair? If EJ and Stefano being mobsters and getting arrested every year isn't a scandal why is EJ being a ho such a big deal? Yeah, his stupidity lead to Kumi taking over the company but they actually seem to be making the company a lot of money so I'm not sure why they should care what EJ does in his personal life or how Kumi came into power. 

Why did Theresa need to hit Jawn over the head? So what if he told Brady she wanted money in return for signing annulment papers? It's not like she pretends to be a sweet innocent good girl like Abby. She schemes and she likes money and Brady already knows that about her so I don't see why he would be angry or surprised. 

• Love 4

I don't care how right Sami is, when she starts using that weird "grown up" voice like she does with Abby, she loses me. I thought the rushing and change in cadence was a conscious choice meant to show her insecurities, but now I just think it's the way AS thinks a strong, smart woman should sound.

I wanted Sami to remind me of what I liked about her in the pre-EJ years, but I don't think the show even remembers that Sami. The way she teared up when EJ left the room does not bode well. If the story they wanted to tell over the past 20 years is that Sami is so psychologically damaged and desperate for love that she will take it any way she can get it, even if it's from a narcissistic, controlling rapist and emotional abuser, then I guess they've done it. I would have preferred that she come to terms with her past, made amends with her family, and ridden off into the sunset, kids in tow and EJ-less, but that's just me.

• Love 5

When Sami cried after EJ left the room, I thought she looked conflicted.

Sami seems mocking of Abigail a lot. I mean, yeah, she took Abigail's threat seriously yesterday, but sometimes she also seems like she's kind of laughing at her, which I haven't really seen her do with Nicole or Carrie or EJ or Kate.  With everyone else, she goes full on throttle (heck, even CIARA got Sami's wrath over the earrings), but with Abigail she either looks semi-impressed when Abigail decides to show her bad side or seems to wonder curiously how far Abigail might go. Like, if EJ weren`t involved, I could kind of see Sami taking out some popcorn while Abigail tries to show Sami how she can be bad.

Clearly, Sami doesn`t respect Abigail anymore, but she seems to view Abigail the way EJ does, because she seems to go easier on her than she would with anyone else. What Abigail is facing from Sami seems like child`s play compared to what Carrie had to go through. Didn`t Sami once secretly arrange for Carrie to be caught by camera crews making some sort of threat to Sami which wound up making Carrie look bad on tv? Sami could have arranged to do something like that to Abigail, but instead Abigail is getting the lightweight version of Sami.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Someone explain to me like I'm Brady, Will, Eric, Nicole, Abby, Jen and Adrienne why the DE board should care about EJ having an affair? If EJ and Stefano being mobsters and getting arrested every year isn't a scandal why is EJ being a ho such a big deal? Yeah, his stupidity lead to Kumi taking over the company but they actually seem to be making the company a lot of money so I'm not sure why they should care what EJ does in his personal life or how Kumi came into power. 

Why did Theresa need to hit Jawn over the head? So what if he told Brady she wanted money in return for signing annulment papers? It's not like she pretends to be a sweet innocent good girl like Abby. She schemes and she likes money and Brady already knows that about her so I don't see why he would be angry or surprised. 

They wouldn't.  The only thing they might be concerned about is the scandal but as you say, they should be pretty used to it by now.  When you sit on the board of a mobster company, scandals should just be another item on the daily agenda.

I've never understood why Theresa reacted the way she did. Brady hated his dad, she could have easily lied her way though the situation.  Dumb old Brady would have believed her.  What I don't get is how he acts like she has cooties every time they meet now, seeing as how he was the one who wanted to get serious.  It's not like she told him she wouldn't agree to an annulment.

I don't care how right Sami is, when she starts using that weird "grown up" voice like she does with Abby, she loses me. I thought the rushing and change in cadence was a conscious choice meant to show her insecurities, but now I just think it's the way AS thinks a strong, smart woman should sound.

I'm all for Sami kicking Abby and EJ's asses, but I agree that her "grown-up" tone is sometimes really grating.  There are some scenes that make me think she can't be serious with her "little girl playing dress up" voice. So maybe bantering is correct - it's a tone reserved for Abigail.

And no, you are not alone in wishing for a solitary exit for Sami.  It really chaps me that it looks like she's gonna take that sorry son of a bitch EJ back. It would have been nice for Sami to change her self-harming ways, but I guess that was not meant to be.  

• Love 2