Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Nicole was purposely bumping into Eric and dropping papers in her folders so that he can see that she was given a job offer in another state. When Eric walked by she purposely pushed her folder off the hospital counter so that Eric can pick it up and see it. She was trying to get Eric to say that he'll miss her and not to go and once he realized what she was doing he became upset because Nicole was trying to manipulate him again. She did it twice and tried to act all coy and even after Eric left Nicole said, that it didn't go well. IMO Nicole got what she deserved from Eric.

Dan on the other hand was just aggravating. He acts all concerned and asks about her job offer and then when she says she's not taking it, he goes back into full on pissy mode and has nothing to say to her and he wants to get all righteous again.

Eric's anger I can understand in today's episode but Dan not so much.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to the show today (I wasn't) but Eric had the most pissy face I've ever seen outside of a JenShriek and that scene went on forever.  I didn't see that she was trying to manipulate anyone and Eric should be embarrassed about that hissy fit he threw.  I found the statement about how she should leave town because nobody cares to be pretty brutal.  Same with the way Dan treated her.  Yes, the Nicole shame train has gone on much too long from the writers but underneath everything she just wants to be loved, and is a good actress who has done some great work.  Damn, it's like everyone in town just wants her to die and that makes me sad.

Nicole's done some bad stuff, but the only other character who gets treated that way is Stefano. I'm sorry, but Nicole's got a long, long way to go before she's as awful as him. If it's always going to be the "Crap on Nicole Show", she might as well start raping and shooting people, getting mad scientist friends to plant chips in her enemies' brains, and rolling her Rs.

• Love 3

It always sounds to me like the music they play whenever Will and Sonny are getting frisky is the music from "Brokeback Mountain".

I haven't noticed, but this made me laugh. It would be just like Days to use that music. They are Masters of Subtlety.

I don't like  Nicole's stupid plans, but at the same time I don't really get why she loves Eric either (which does not mean to suggest that I approve of anything she does). What I'm trying to say or maybe ask is why anybody would to listen to a guy criticize her all the time?  (even if some of the criticisms are true -- still, who wants to listen to them?) If he had any other charms, I might get it. But he doesn't.  Even if Eric was being nice, I feel that he'd still have the personality of my foot. Maybe my foot is more interesting.  

I don't get this either. Even as a priest when he was being nice to Nicole (and kind of condescending IMO), I didn't get his appeal. He's handsome, but in a town like Salem where most every guy is a hottie, who cares about that. He's got no personality at all. There's just nothing there. And now that he's permanently angry at Nicole - and not that I blame him - but why does she stick around for his abuse? The whole relationship dynamic is beyond repair and the writers need to move on from this mess. I'm never gonna buy them as a loving couple. Never.  And ITA about his pissy face. It makes me want to slap him.

• Love 3

What was with the stilted way Kayla told Daniel "You have to see it now" or whatever the line was when she came into his office. She was looking off to the side, but Daniel was directly in front of her. Then she stumbled a bit when she leaned into his desk. I thought for sure that Kayla was  drunk or having a stroke. I love MBE, but was she reading cue cards?

• Love 1

I don’t know what Nicole sees in Eric, or what Theresa sees in Brady, but then aside from the pretty of some of the guys on this show, I don’t know what any woman would see in any of them.  They’re nice eye candy, but horrible is so many other ways.

Get Theresa away from Brady, and Sonny away from Will.  Theresa and Sonny both deserve better.

Having finally seen last week's episodes, I thought it pretty clear that Sami's just playing EJ again in order to get what she wants. He's such an idiot. But then, obsession does make one stupid.

I hope you are right.  After years of seeing EJ ruin Sami’s life because Daddy told him to, or he loves (insert eye roll here) her so much he just can’t help himself, or for revenge because Sami didn’t just put up with whatever crap he pulled this time, I’m ready for Sami to destroy EJ’s life.

Most scenes not involving Sami, Kate, or Theresa are boring.

This!!!  I demand a spinoff with Sami, Kate, Theresa, and Ciara.

• Love 1

I really, really don't want a pregnancy story with Theresa and Brady. Please just no. Let the poor child move on to someone else. I do wonder if them having consummated the marriage might make the annulment now impossible. 

It was slightly funny when Theresa was talking about what high hopes she had for her marriage in the beginning before they came back to Salem like walk in closet, being able to buy whatever she wants and kicking Tammy Fay Maggie out of the mansion. LOL!

Very annoyed with Brady for going over to Kristen's and fanning the flames of her crazy. EM's chest heaving as Kristen touched his chest was so damn eye-rolling and ridiculous considering all the shit Kristen has done. It just makes him look so damn incredibly dumb. If John is a 7 on the coma scale, Brady must be 3. He is the most brain dead character on this show and that is really saying something. When Kayla was explaining that on the coma scale John came into the hospital at an 11, dropped to 9 and now is at 7, I immediately jumped to the conclusion that that was probably because Marlena and Brady were killing all his brain cells with their inane stupid chatter. 

The whole crazy delusion bitch hears 'I love you' every time a character she purportedly 'loves' and did heinous things to type storyline have just run their course with me. To top it off, they are just beating a dead horse now with Kristen. They killed it, turned it into a zombie to squeeze some more life and drama out of it but it has since been shot in the head and decapitated. There ain't no coming back from that. Just stop it show.

I've always thought that Eric Marstolf should've been cast as Brady instead of Eric. EM just looks and plays so, so well against AS, as Sami, especially when he first came on the show. However I don't think I could have seen EM as a priest. They don't have a lot of scenes together but when they on rare occasion do, I always lament EM being cast as Brady. Now I think Greg Vaughan should play Brady. I think he seems more plausible as John Black's son. I would love it if they could switch roles for a week or so and see if my instincts are right. 

What was with the stilted way Kayla told Daniel "You have to see it now" or whatever the line was when she came into his office. She was looking off to the side, but Daniel was directly in front of her. Then she stumbled a bit when she leaned into his desk. I thought for sure that Kayla was  drunk or having a stroke. I love MBE, but was she reading cue cards?

That was indeed awful and so shocking coming from a vet like that. I literally cringed when she weirdly banged her hands against Dan's desk. Even Shawn seemed slightly WTF about it. Everything about it was stilted and awkward, even her entrance. The actress playing Anne had to do this weird move to get out the door because MBE didn't seem to leave enough space to exit properly. 

I really, really like Anne. I know she is supposed to be a character viewers find loathsome, but than again TPTB don't exactly have their fingers on the pulse of the gen pop since Abby is supposed to be the rootable heroine and Sami the devil's concubine. I just love that she gets to call out the hypocrisy of all the Dudley do-rights. I wanted a glass of champagne to celeb Abby and Jen's embarrassment too.

• Love 3

Julie referenced something from her back-story to EJ when she gave the Buddha to him.

How was Julie viewed at the time when she got involved in a cheating scandal? Granted, there was no internet back then to guage responses, but how was she portrayed on the show? Did characters on the show view her at the time the same way as they view Abigail? I was wondering if they were trying to go with some kind of story like that for Abigail (mistress gets her man), but JS's departure put the brakes on it going that direction (I'm still laughing about that).

I'm asking, because I can't recall seeing a mistress storyline like Abigail's on a show before (one where the writers expect us to like someone with such an unpleasant and odd personality). I mean, uh, I guess it could work if everybody liked the mistress before she became the mistress (for instance, Carrie had a much higher likability factor during her cheating storylines and Marlena was popular during the John/ Roman debacle),  but since  Abigail as played by KM wasn't well-liked even when she first started, it's a weird storyline to go with for her character if she's intended to be the winner or heroine (or whatever description goes for a lead character who isn't in the bad girl category).

There was a show on ABC about two people getting together through cheating and leaving their spouses. Both of the characters were more likable than Abigail. Yet I still can't recall anybody in the audience truly liking what the characters were doing -- not even among the people who felt the characters had good chemistry -- even if their personalities as actual people weren't that terrible (as in, I wouldn't mind having them as my neighbours. With Abigail, I could easily see myself gossiping about her if she moved in next door because she's THAT annoying, even without the cheating scandal attached to her).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Why is it no woman on this show can have a man chase her for once?  

Theresa's crying about Brady until he kisses her and then WHOOSH....the fact he wanted to divorce you five minutes ago means nothing.

Nicole, who should be walking around town with her head held high spitting on all the men at her feet (if it wasn't for this stupid storyline with Eric), is "accidentally" dropping papers in front of Eric and is then shocked SHOCKED that he caught onto her game.

Sami, who I hope is playing EJ, is crying and whining about the fact that she dug her own hole and can't get out of it.

Jordan, who shouldn't be asking Rafe for jack shit, is speaking to him as if she's done something wrong and tip toeing around like she's the one who cheated.

Are all these writers men?  I thought one of the head writers was a woman?  Is this what she likes to see?  Women who are more interested in manipulating or being manipulated by men then doing their jobs or paying attention to their children?

• Love 6

I think Nicole was trying to test if Eric still has any kind of feeling or care for her, but Eric's idea of caring is telling you how much he hates your guts. No, seriously, I think the more he cares for you the more he hates himself for liking you more than, uh, God, and then has to take this agitation at himself out on you. I don't know what if what I'd want to deal with someone like that. I think Nicole deserves his wrath for the shredding, but the other issues he has seem to be about something else -- like, maybe desiring sex with women??? He seems more mad about that than the rape by Kristen. So the writing for him is just weird to me.

I don't think the other guys on this show are any nicer, but they don't really seek God's approval on how to behave, so that's where Eric perplexes me the most. I don't think priests, former or otherwise, are supposed to sound like him on a day-to-day basis. I think he has a right to his anger, but maybe because of his talk of God and whatnot, I figure he should limit his outburts of agitation more than Rafe, EJ, and Lucas. Or maybe her should go to a church and ask for guidance on how to come to terms with his anger. He doesn't seem to like psychiatrists, because I figure he would have gone to Marlena or gotten Dan to also take up psychiatry in his spare doctor time if he was looking for help in that area from a medical perspective.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Why is it no woman on this show can have a man chase her for once?

The most recent example I can recall of a man chasing a woman was EJ and Sami. Oh, there was Nick and Melanie, then Nick and  Gabi. We should be careful what we wish for. Now with that said, I'm guessing Aidan is a closet serial killer or something.

I do find it unrealistic that the show that calls Abby "breathtakingly beautiful" (though I do think she's attractive), does not have men falling all over themselves for the likes of Theresa or Nicole, both of whom I think are stunning.

• Love 3

I think Nicole was trying to test if Eric still has any kind of feeling or care for her, but Eric's idea of caring is telling you how much he hates your guts. No, seriously, I think the more he cares for you the more he hates himself for liking you more than, uh, God, and then has to take this agitation at himself out on you. I don't know what if what I'd want to deal with someone like that. I think Nicole deserves his wrath for the shredding, but the other issues he has seem to be about something else -- like, maybe desiring sex with women??? He seems more mad about that than the rape by Kristen. So the writing for him is just weird to me.

ITA. I would like to think that his ridiculous anger and rage is leading up to a big storyline in which Eric has a breakdown and realizes that he needs therapy after his rape, but then I remember that this is Days and there's no chance of that happening. Remember how excited we all were when Nick was almost killed by his prison rapist and he began to examine his own behavior and we thought he was going to seek counseling and become a better person? Remember that? That was right before he reverted back  to his old self with zero explanation and started stalking Gabi. Yeah. I don't think Eric is going to get any better.

• Love 2
How was Julie viewed at the time when she got involved in a cheating scandal? Granted, there was no internet back then to guage responses, but how was she portrayed on the show? Did characters on the show view her at the time the same way as they view Abigail?

No, Julie was not given a free pass during any of her cheating storylines.  SSH once drew a line from Julie to Hope to Sami - the young woman driven by passions who makes mistakes but is not evil.  Julie was treated much like Sami would be treated if the show were well-written.  Alice would constantly correct her and try to guide her, but she never lost faith that Julie was redeemable.  Julie got pregnant out of wedlock, and her child was adopted.  She married the man who adopted him after his wife died.  She then cheated on him with Doug.  Which was crappy, but the husband was never the love of her life.  She was clearly in the wrong and no one pretended otherwise.  She took even more grief because when her husband left her, she gave him custody of her son, because the child thought he was his real father and was more attached to him.  This was the first story I watched on Days, and I was about 10, and I still think it was better written than now.  

• Love 2

I found the Marlena/Kristen showdown to be rather entertaining. They were both so low key that it was a lot of barely above whispering at each other.  Honestly, the one thing that could have improved it is if they were both wearing vagina hats and drinking tea.

So Kristen got Brady all hot and bothered so he went home and screwed Theresa. Okay... I can absolutely buy a pregnancy happening there since it might be the only thing that keeps her and Brady dealing with each other when John finally wakes the hell up. OR it will be one of those things where Brady and Theresa are actually happy together for five whole minutes and then it all comes tumbling down. Hard to say...

But I still don't think these two are written in any way that makes sense. To go from having fun to wanting something more is a natural progression but that's when it all fell apart (thanks Writers!!) because once they got married you had Theresa acting like Brady was just something she wanted to be attached to for the money and was willing to leave him if it meant she got a pay off and then the John bash and now... what? And while I can understand Brady being uncomfortable, his acting like she has leprosy when HE was the one who wanted to pursue a serious relationship didn't make as much sense. So now, she's wailing about walk in closets... seriously, I don't get how this girl grew up! It doesn't make one iota of sense! It's like... I can understand Eve not being wealthy but I do not understand the concept of Shane not setting up some sort of college fund for Paige. I can understand Theresa being cut off but I can't buy this idea that she was somehow raised in poverty where having a walk-in closet is a fucking dream.

And I actually like Theresa and Brady, they've got a good vibe but the story makes no god damn sense!

Then there's Nicole. I would like her so much better if, when she's called out for doing exactly what she's doing, just goes 'Fine! Yes! I wanted you to think I was leaving town! I wanted to see if it would matter to you at all, okay?!' This current bullshit where she hangs around waiting for Eric to return so she can fling her job offer in front of him and then when he realizes what she's doing does that bullshit wide-eyed 'What? Meeee?!' affronted expression that she's been wearing for what feels like a year around him. This is the thing that drives me up the wall with her. I get that she loves Eric. I get that she was desperate to be with him. I get all of that... but shredding the papers was a full on shitty thing to do and she honestly doesn't seem like she's remotely sorry about that so much as upset that people, mostly Eric and also, weirdly, Daniel, remain ticked off about it and then the lies she told to cover them up.

I feel that Eric has a right to be pissed off. He's allowed to not trust her until such time as those feelings die down and he can be rational about them. But she is constantly in his face asking him where he's going, what he's doing, why he keeps looking at her like he does... she is not giving him any room to breathe. If she got over his accusing her of raping him, that's fine, but it doesn't mean that he's obligated to automatically forgive her in return, that's just now how it works.

Now her stuff with Daniel goes back and forth. There are times he bitches at her and I'm totally on his side (which is disconcerting) but yesterday I was on hers. He was a douche and a half and I rather loved her burn at him about how she doesn't abandon the people she cares about. I like her friendship with Brady right now, I like that she knows and cares about him (although I'm not looking forward to the next time she runs into Theresa and lays into her... even if Theresa deserves it) but whatever... Nicole needs to back the hell off of Eric or, at the very least, honestly apologize to him for what she did and THEN back off.

Seriously... how obvious do you have to be about something when ERIC can pick up on it?!

• Love 6

It's astounding to me how thoroughly unappealing the Salem males are: laughably stupid, scarily and perpetually angry, totally lacking in personality and humor, dishonest, self-righteous, hypocritical, condescending, boorish, ranging from dismissive to outright contemptuous towards even the women they supposedly 'like'...etc.  And those are the allegedly 'good guys' who we're presumably supposed to like and root for on at least some level! Not that the female characters are written much better, but at least characters like Kate, Ann, Sami and Theresa have a shred of wit, spirit and something resembling a personality. They're at least a tiny bit amusing and interesting, despite and even because of their major flaws. The males, while every bit as flawed, are collectively about as interesting as a pile of rocks---and as smart and dynamic as that pile of rocks as well. 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 9

Theresa was born in the mansion now known as the Dimera's.  After Kim and Shane split, she visited him there while she lived full time with her Mom and a Hollywood director who seemed to be doing very well.  I'm not sure what his closet situation was, but he had a pool. She was not raised like Nicole.

• Love 1

Stefano may hate Kate right now but I highly doubt he would ever kill her. Sami is the mother of his grandchildren and EJ is still pretending to love her so Stefano is never going to do anything to her either unless he's OK with EJ putting a bullet in him. And obviously he's not going to do anything to the grandchildren. So really I don't even know why Kate and Sami are acting like this. Stefano may get revenge against them but he's not going to kill them. 

• Love 2

It’s more dumb writing.  Both Kate and Sami have taken on other mobsters and won.  The idea they would be afraid of Stefano is beyond stupid.  In 2007, the only thing that stopped Sami from killing Stefano was Lucas and Marlena coming in the back door, and taking the gun away from her.

Does Stephano ever actually fully kill someone who is not inconsequential to him? All of his victims seem to come back from the dead after spending some time on an island somewhere. Maybe that's what will happen to Kate and Sami. They might wind up on an island where they'll be dancing to Taylor Swift's "22" to get through the boredom, and then when the time is right, come back to Salem to let everyone know about their exorbitant knowledge of pop lyrics.

• Love 2

JL can give KM lessons on how to bring tears to scenes. I read JL interview on the story with Brady and her interview skills are so much better and it seems accurate.

I think the big difference between JL and KM--besides the fact that JL is a better actress--is that JL can admit that Theresa makes mistakes, that she's a "bad girl" and she seems to embrace it.  KM, like the character she plays, seems intent on making excuses for her bad behavior--if she actually admitted that Abby was wrong, maybe she could play the character's flaws better.

The Theresa/Brady scenes today were just lovely--they have such potential to be a truly awesome couple.  I also enjoyed the crap out of the Sami/Eric scenes--it think Eric is at his best when he is in scenes with his sister because he seems more human and dare I say likeable.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

So this is how I see it: Brady and Kristen will get back together because John gets better, and then Theresa winds up pregnant, Brady won't be able to decide between them.

Hey, Kayla and Daniel, Brady is John's next of kin, you *cannot* withhold information from him about John's care, especially if you're going to throw unapproved treatments at him.  You could lose your licenses.  And Kayla, try dressing like a doctor, not a teenager, mmkay?

I'm just catching up on yesterday's episode.  Did they just cobble Monday's show together using discarded lines from Mean Girls or something?

As best I can remember, Daniel and Nicole snarked at each other, saying things like 

"You know i would slap you but i dont wanna make your face look any better"
Where did you get your haircut, the pet shop?
Why don't you slip into something more comfortable...like a coma.
I never forget a face...but in your case I'll make an exception!
100,000 sperm to choose from, and you were the fastest.
You were one of the first to get a brain, before they were perfected.
When they were handing out brains you arrived too late, all you got was a rain check.
When they were giving out looks, you thought they said books, and you said "Give me something funny"

Later on, Nicole threw some papers around continuously and then she and Eric went at it - 

You don't have to say anything. Your face offends me just by being in the area.
I'm not offended by what you say. I'm just glad that you're stringing words into sentences now.
I wouldn't get angry at you today. It's "Be kind to Animals" week.
It's not what you say, it's the thought behind it that counts, and I know there's never any thought behind anything you say.
Nothing you could say could offend me. I only get offended by things that make sense.

Then it was Kristen and Marlena's turn...

I just have one question, Do you still love nature, despite what it did to you?
You know, All day I thought of you... I was at the zoo.
•Are you always an idiot, or just when I'm around?
you know, Calling you an idiot would be an insult to all the stupid people.
•Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?
•I hear that when you were a child, your mother wanted to hire someone to take care of you, but the Mafia wanted too much.
•They say opposites attract. I hope you meet someone who is good-looking, intelligent, and cultured.

Oh yeah, and Kristen tweaked Brady's nipples which caused him to tweak ALL of Theresa.  Making love to Brady must feel a lot like preparing a whole ham for Easter dinner - except probably wetter.

And best of all, which I would have forgotten except one of you marvelous posters mentioned it, Dirty Dan gave Ann's backside FAR more than a passing glance.  Danny Boy could do a lot worse and generally has.  Plus, can you imagine what finding out Ann and Dan are together would do to Maggie's HAIR?  It would explode.

I forget that incredibly cute scene with Sonny talking baby talk to somebody's pet weasel, and the weasel squeeking something back at him.  A Wild Kingdom moment.

OH!  Best part!  What looks like Kayla discovering some really good porn and forwarding it to Dan, then running to ask if he's LOOKED yet!  I wonder if she ran across Abe's sexy cross-dressing video....

Now, on to today's episode!

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

Making love to Brady must feel a lot like preparing a whole ham for Easter dinner - except probably wetter.

I can smell the whole cloves but I think I'm missing something as interesting as that sounds.  I'm so old.

And Brady, I don't care how much you apologize. You are a nasty pig of a man using Theresa like that to quell your anger/arousal issues.  I might have bought the attraction to Kristen way back then but now it's just YUK. 

Does anyone else think Eric looks thin to the point of frail?  I thought I saw a little something special out of AS today because it might be the last scenes they shot together. 

Edited by QuelleC

Oh Mar, I think I would have Yawn just stay in a coma. No way in hell would I ask my child to drop rape charges. Sorry rape is a disgusting crime. I can't believe that Mar chose a man over her own son. What a horrible mother. Why wake John up when he's giving the performance of a lifetime. Susan Lucci would be proud.

I think the big difference between JL and KM--besides the fact that JL is a better actress--is that JL can admit that Theresa makes mistakes, that she's a "bad girl" and she seems to embrace it.  KM, like the character she plays, seems intent on making excuses for her bad behavior--if she actually admitted that Abby was wrong, maybe she could play the character's flaws better.

The Theresa/Brady scenes today were just lovely--they have such potential to be a truly awesome couple.  I also enjoyed the crap out of the Sami/Eric scenes--it think Eric is at his best when he is in scenes with his sister because he seems more human and dare I say likeable.

That's what I like about Theresa and I'm starting to warm up to her because she does own up to her behavior most of the time with the exception of knocking John out. Anne isn't as bad as she use to be and I can start liking her cause we do have the Dannifer hate thing in common. I do tend to like bad characters when they're written with flaws and admits to it like Kate. Don't like Stefano he's just evil.

Nicole saying that to Sami about her children was just beyond wrong and finally Eric went off with Sami this time instead of defending Nicole and telling Sami to knock it off. I wish writers would write Eric to be smarter and more interesting cause GV is such an attractive man.

Why do they always have to let Dan figure out what Kristen wants? He always has to be right and it's really annoying. He's Batman & Superman all rolled up in one except he's just dirty looking.

• Love 3

He's Batman & Superman all rolled up in one except he's just dirty looking.

Odin's Ravens... He's John McBain. Complete with carrying around his own filth and the inexplicable love of the entire town.

This explains so much.

• Love 3

Odin's Ravens... He's John McBain. Complete with carrying around his own filth and the inexplicable love of the entire town.

This explains so much.

Dan is loved and idolized much more than McBain and much more of a pussy hound and happier. He's more like Ryan Lavery and 90's era Christian Slater.

I never thought that McBain looked like he needed a shower, just a shave and a haircut.

I concur. He wasn't really worshipped like Dan is either. Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

Do people in Salem really work cause it looks liks they can just hop up and leave anytime they want. Nicole leaving that lady at the club, Jenn just barely working, Ben letting anyone work behind the counter and give free drinks, does everyone have open schedules?

• Love 3

Nicole saying that to Sami about her children was just beyond wrong and finally Eric went off with Sami this time instead of defending Nicole and telling Sami to knock it off. I wish writers would write Eric to be smarter and more interesting cause GV is such an attractive man.

But I liked that Nicole immediately realized what an awful thing it was to say and apologized. And she was also right. Sami can't possibly have been so stupid to think that her kids would not be impacted by this whole plot of hers, and them becoming motherless is a real possibility. Even if Stefano doesn't have her killled, it's very likely that he could take the kids and raise them on one of his secret hideaway islands. Sending them away to camp might protect them from the immediate fall out, but not in the long term.

• Love 1

I feel Sami was confident enough to go in with this plan because Kate was involved. I don't think Sami would have gone into it alone. 

I do tend to think Sami would have Stephano and EJ  coming after her anyway even if she had walked out of the mansion and left.  If we look to history, EJ seems to follow Sami everywhere she goes, even when he apparently doesn't feel like liking Sami or insists on hating her. Even if EJ were actually in love with Abigail (which might have happened story-line wise if JS  and AS had stayed) and had insisted his devotion to her, I could still see EJ being wackadoo enough to come up with some scheme just because. I suppose I would have sat through an EJabby "love" storyline just to see Abigail lose her mind wondering why EJ is thinking up schemes against Sami to bring him back into his orbit even as he's trying to play house with Ms.Devereaux. Abigail's "lovely" sex would probably keep his mind engaged only for so long. Then he'd be back to thinking up weird plots because he'd probably be bored and we all know Abigail isn't the most effective cure for boredom.

Uh, why does Eric continue to have more romantic chemistry with his sister than every other woman on this show? When Eric was sitting with Sami, I thought "they look cute together." And Eric actually seemed human showing concern for the target on Sami's back.

Can't Daniel save John???? Why does Marlena have to rely on Kristen. Daniel SAVES EVERYONE!!!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Finally, we got a decent Sami and Eric scene.

I thought Sami summed up her reasons for targeting EJ and Stefano perfectly when she was talking to Kate.  EJ has all the power.  Sami and Kate were hoping they would send Stefano and EJ to prison, and bankrupt them so Sami wouldn’t have to worry about EJ targeting her when she left him.  Kate probably had the same idea with Stefano.

Kate and Sami also had a couple of conversations about how they were blackmailed into marrying Stefano and EJ.

Sami wanted revenge, but she also knows that when she leaves EJ, even if he has someone else lined up to take her place, he will still try to destroy her life.  So she decided to try to destroy his first.

I wonder if Eric agrees to drop the charges against Kristen, or not testify against her to save John, what the fall out will be.

Edited by TigerLynx

I can't believe that Mar chose a man over her own son. What a horrible mother.

Marlena ALWAYS chooses John over her children. When Sami thought Johnny was dead, she couldn't be bothered to leave John to even TALK to her daughter, much less offer her any comfort.

And Marlena and John are DIVORCED now, so he shouldn't be anything to her.

I guess the only surprise is her willingness to throw golden boy Eric under the bus along with Sami.

Edited by plurie
  • Love 3

I wonder if Eric agrees to drop the charges against Kristen, or not testify against her to save John, what the fall out will be.

Since he's the victim in all of this, his is really the only opinion that matters, However, I wouldn't blame Daniel if he reacted with a little anger. He's fought harder to clear Eric's name than anyone else has, including Eric himself.

I don't think it's really that hard of a decision. Didn't the Dimeras already get rid of the gung-ho prosecutor who was going to take the case against EJ/Stefano? This prosecutor or the judge could easily be next. If Kristen's going to get off, they should at least get something out of it. Even if that something is just a non-comatose John.

It was nice to see Eric find a personality for five seconds when he and Sami were doing their sibling banter.

They really need to get Eric and Nicole out of each other's orbits. They're just bringing each other down. I'm so tired of Nicole's sadface. Give AZ something fun to play!

• Love 6

It was nice to see Eric find a personality for five seconds when he and Sami were doing their sibling banter.

I've enjoyed every Sami/Eric scene I've watched. (Granted, it's not been long but still.) I love soap sibs. I really do.

What's more, I am waiting to see Eric and Brady make amends. For awhile there it seemed that Brady blamed Eric for the stuff with Kristen... maybe thought that Eric slept with her willingly? They haven't delved into it while I've been watching but that's the impression I got... that Brady maybe knew that Eric wouldn't do that but, at the same time, loved this woman and wanted to believe that she wouldn't do that to his sorta-brother? It's a very tangled web, definitely, and Brady clearly had seriously conflicting emotions about it all.

However, in his most recent confrontation with Kristen he called her out for what she did to Eric so it would seem that he does believe that Eric was the victim after all. So I want to see Eric and Brady make up, dammit!

Am I supposed to find Kristen's return entertaining? All I see is a bat crap crazy shrew. If they wanted ED back, why not just bring Susan back?

And I don't understand why nobody(even the almighty Jonas) isn't thinking of scamming Kristen to get the formula. And also, why does anyone think Eric's testimony matters? We all know Steffie buys off judges.

Nicole needs to go away for a bit. Her blaming everyone for her own mistakes is exhausting. "I just don't understand why you are so mean to me Eric! I flew all the way to the Vatican for you!! " for real, girl? Forget that it would be unnecessary if Evidence was in hand. And yes, be as nasty as possible to all his family members. That'll help.

And her blaming Sami for Kristen getting off is just bizarre.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 4

When I say fall out, I mean would someone take matters into their own hands to get rid of Kristen, since the Dimeras always skate on the crimes they commit.  Sami, Brady, and Nicole are capable of killing Kristen.  Kate to, but I don’t think Kristen is the Dimera Kate wants dead.  Or Victor may hire someone to kill Kristen so idiot Brady doesn't get back together with her.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Seriously. Only an idiot with an IQ of 2 or less would get back with her. I think even Brady tops that. Am I supposed to be in suspense? Let's get to the obviously coming murder mystery.

Actually, I do think Brady is that stupid. I have no problem at all believing Brady would get back with Kristen because he is the King of the Dumb.

Nicole needs to go away for a bit. Her blaming everyone for her own mistakes is exhausting. "I just don't understand why you are so mean to me Eric! I flew all the way to the Vatican for you!! " for real, girl? Forget that it would be unnecessary if Evidence was in hand. And yes, be as nasty as possible to all his family members. That'll help.

And her blaming Sami for Kristen getting off is just bizarre.

I used to love Nicole, but I despise this version of her.  I hate the Sad Trombone faces, the boomeranging between her begging for Eric's love and her flippancy over her wrongdoing (What? You mean you wanted to be a priest?!) and her blaming everyone else for her troubles. If this is what Nicole is going to be like from now on, I would prefer that they kill her off. She sucks that bad.

• Love 2

Sami, “Talk is cheap.”  Yes it is.  I really want Sami to be manipulating EJ.  If EJ and Stefano are fighting each other, that makes it easier for Kate and Sami to blindside them again.

Brady is definitely that dumb.

Theresa better line up Sami, Kate, and Ciara to help her with Kristen.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2