Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why didn't Sami and Kate get a restraining order on EJ while he was in jail? I'm sure they knew he would be released on bail eventually.

So the writers could have both Kate and Sami order EJ out of the house, and Kate could threaten to go get a restraining order against EJ and Stefano?

EJ tells Kate he and Stefano are going to get everything back, and then he tells Sami he doesn't care about any of it.  EJ needs to get his lies straight.

• Love 1

EJ seemed strangely turned on by Sami's revenge, which didn't necessarily surprise me.

If Sami really wants to torture Abigail in the worst way possible, she should probably strap Abigail to a chair and force her to watch EJ begging Sami to take him back.

• Love 8
(edited)

If Sami really wants to torture Abigail in the worst way possible, she should probably strap Abigail to a chair and force her to watch EJ begging Sami to take him back.

Clockwork Orange her!

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

I just caught up to watching today's epi on Youtube since I missed it at its regularly scheduled time.

Love the portrait of Sami & Kate, much better than looking at Stefano.

Why is it everytime Mar talks to Sami she's giving her a cold look? She looked at Sami like Sami wasn't even suppose to be in the room. Maybe it's just that she can't move her face. She looked at Sami with glaring eyes.

I wish Jenn would sit her bitch ass down somewhere. Getting all mad because Dan is sitting with Eve. Ugh. Dan has to do everything that revolves around Jenn's feelings. Jenn grow the fuck up your Royal Prissiness. Like Dan is suppose to care about her stank ass high school years and automatically know that Eve is suing her sorry ass. I mean really does she want Dan to stalk her? If so she can just go and resurrect Liam's body or better yet have his soul possess Marlena.

Dan once again taking Jenn's side when talking to Eve. She's justifiably upset blah blah blah. Then he goes, "I feel used." Well Dan, you're a sucker for it all the time being used by Nicole daily and by Jenn, Theresa, JJ, and now Eve so get use to it. You have no other good qualities about you. Maybe if you change your appearance maybe people wouldn't use you cause you look a used up sponge.

Loved Kate telling EJ to pack his bags. She should have said move in with AbiSkank.

• Love 4
(edited)

The portrait of Kate and Sami was everything. I hope it stays up after Sami leaves. 

STFU Jen you swine flu infected pig. You rabid dog. You dirty raccoon. It would be hilarious if Dan got a restraining order against her. 

Huh -- Jen sounded like a nutcase today. The way she was acting around Eve made Sami look perfectly normal around Abigail...

Just today?

LOL!  Yep, Jenn was acting even crazier than usual.  But actually, not all that much, as LP says.  I swear, though, that the way Jenn was jumping around and screeching at Daniel, her eyes a'poppin' and those arms waving reminded me very much of a baboon driven crazy because it had a butt full of fleas.  I was waiting for her to start pelting Dan with banana skins.  Or maybe turn around and shove her baboon butt in his face.  

I must not insult our monkey brothers that way, though.

I did feel a bit sorry for Dan today.  Just imagine how much spit he was covered with being that close to her when she went into her Linda Blair impersonation.  I'm hoping that if TIIC decide to revisit past storylines and have Jenn possessed by the devil this time, that just saying "EVE" to her will make her head spin around and she can cover everyone with pea soup while she levitates.   Oh, wait.... she's doing that now.

Eve didn't play that very well with Dan.  She should have just told him that she and Jenn were in disagreement about the book, and then let Jenn's overreaction do all the work for her.  It might not do her any good with Dan, but it looks like Jenn is going to be her own worst enemy when it comes to JJ and Paige.  Eve is playing that one just right.  I don't think JJ is going to be too thrilled to hear that his mother - after assuring him that this whole thing with Eve wouldn't mess up him and Paige - has now decided to disregard that and go after Eve with everything she's got.  (GOD, I hope she doesn't start throwing crap like the baboons sometimes do......but why would that not surprise me....)  JJ might just realize that he really doesn't make Jenn's list of important things.

Oh, well, it all looks like fun to me!

I do love Caroline, but I'm not too thrilled that she's going to be some sort of cheerleader for Sami to forgive EJ because they're SO MUCH IN LOVE.  If she does that, as much as I love her, Sami needs to shush her up nicely and take her back to the Pub.  The payback has only just begun - I hope.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

I really wanted Caroline to tell Sami that she was on her side, that she wasn't judging Sami, much as her granddaughter assumed that she was. I'm afraid that Caroline is reading the writing on the wall for Sami, but I don't want to think about Caroline as an Elvis/Sami shipper. Just -- no. I don't even care about payback; I just want them to be done. I don't think I'll get my wish, though.

• Love 3

One more little thing - little, as in Eric's brain.

The guy is the WORST. PRIEST.  EVER.  This bonehead was a full adult when he became a priest, a man who lived a full life in the world, not some guy who was cloistered away from the world.  So when he comes out with these Hallmark card moments about God's wishes, and acceptance - not to mention his teenage boy torn between the Flesh and the Devil, he just seems like he's been lobotomized.  He always sounds like someone trying to explain religion and God to a bunch of pre-school kids.  And the kids are smarter and more aware than he is.  

Yeah, he's pretty and all, but his low I.Q. sugary Capn' Crunch explanation of spirituality makes him about as appealing eating cotton candy for breakfast.  I don't see how any adult woman - ANY, even Nicole - could feel attracted to this cardboard cutout.

• Love 3

One more little thing - little, as in Eric's brain.

The guy is the WORST. PRIEST.  EVER.  This bonehead was a full adult when he became a priest, a man who lived a full life in the world, not some guy who was cloistered away from the world.  So when he comes out with these Hallmark card moments about God's wishes, and acceptance - not to mention his teenage boy torn between the Flesh and the Devil, he just seems like he's been lobotomized.  He always sounds like someone trying to explain religion and God to a bunch of pre-school kids.  And the kids are smarter and more aware than he is.  

Yeah, he's pretty and all, but his low I.Q. sugary Capn' Crunch explanation of spirituality makes him about as appealing eating cotton candy for breakfast.  I don't see how any adult woman - ANY, even Nicole - could feel attracted to this cardboard cutout.

All he did as priest was sit in the office with Nicole!!! And he wore that same stupid look on his face that he got before started talking to Nicole... I think his mama is the only one who wants to see her baby boy as a sucky priest.. And she oughta become a nun because we all know she is better than everyone in Salem....they could judge people together:)

I thought Eric sounded plenty judgmental about Brady. He assumed the worst about his step-brother, didn't he?

Sure did... And Nicole, and Sami and Daniel for about 5 minutes... And I am sure there are others, but those are the ones I can think of...

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Eric sounded plenty judgmental about Brady. He assumed the worst about his step-brother, didn't he?

Oh, he's plenty judgmental.  Especially, it seems, of people who he suspects might actually take all their clothes off AND keep their eyes open at the same time.  Lordy, Lord I think the good priest must keep a whole case of smelling salts just in case he's presented with nudity AND actual human feelings instead of Disney moments.

He and Jenn are just MADE for each other.

And just think how scandalized he'd be if Abigail decided to seek his anointing as well.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2
(edited)

I want Sami to remind Caroline of what the last eight years have been like since she has had to deal with EJ, and tell her, “I gave EJ a chance, and he stabbed me in the back again.  I don’t have years of happy memories of a happy relationship with EJ to offset anything terrible he does.  I just have eight years of hell and misery courtesy of EJ.”  Then Sami can proceed with systematically destroying EJ.

I doubt the writers meant for it to come across this way, but Kate seems territorial of Sami.  It’s like she’s telling EJ, back off, you had your chance, you threw it away, and she is with me now.

Eric and Marlena are useless.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

I'm wondering if they're setting it up as Sami being on a warpath, she backs off of Abigail, but somehow the tapes of Abigail doing whatever get released. Everyone will think Sami did it because she's been angry lately, but instead someone else is the culprit (like Nick from the dead or something -- I wouldn't put it past Nick to hate Abigail even after he's passed....) Everyone is talking about Sami, but is anyone in Abigail's family going to bother to notice how much Nick hated her? Well, hated her enough to sell her out to Sami....

(edited)

Did I ski -- erm, miss something important? Don't Get Mad, Get Eve told Paige that "We have a problem, and her name is Jennifer Horton"? On the one hand, Eve, you're just noticing this now? Try to keep up, girl. More importantly, "we"? Are we the audience meant to infer that Paige is somehow in cahoots with her mother? Poor JJ, if so. If not, screw you, Afternoon Shift!

ETA: I was proud of Sami for trying to support her mother, as awkward and strained as that scene in the hospital was.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sami showed much more warmth and direct support of Marlena than Marlena did of her when she came to the house to allegedly "support" Sami after the wedding - coldly greeting her, no physical contact, and immediately asking to see the grandkids so she could spend time with them. Sooooo...at least Sami's not a robot yet, whatever else can be said about her! Also, I cracked up when Sami used the "that's a fact" catchphrase.

EJ's coming into focus for me now. Everything he says to Sami is basically a lie - he's just saying whatever he thinks will calm her down and get her to forgive him. As TigerLynx pointed out, he claimed to Sami that he doesn't care about the company, but with Kate he made it clear that he just views this coup as a temporary thing easily fixed by him and his father. His taking responsibility for the affair instead of making excuses? Just an act because he knows that it would annoy Sami if he did otherwise - he started going down that path with the "you kicked me out of your bed" thing, saw her reaction, immediately backtracked. And all his "I'll lie down and take whatever you want to do to me"? Just an act, he figures it'll win her over. Of course, a big thing is that he does not know that he's lost the evidence that he had on her and Will. In the back of his mind, that's leverage - he's trying the "nice, apologetic" route first, if that doesn't work, he can use the evidence. Except he can't! Whoops! Really looking forward to when he finds out about that tidbit. But EJ is so obsessed with Sami. Run Sami! Run! For god's sake, don't fall for this nonsense again.

I really enjoy how Sami is with her grandmother - I liked when she was about to call Abby a name and clearly replaced whatever term she was going to use with the milder word "tramp" instead. But it seems like Caroline is going to support EJ, so she can fuck right off. Sheesh. She's upset that she overheard Sami yelling at EJ? It's not enough that according to everyone (except Kate) Sami is not allowed to be angry with Abby, now she's not allowed to even yell at EJ either?

The Kami portrait really is everything. I liked Sami's look when she saw it up. Kate does need to get back to the house pronto and run some interference for Sami. I agree with TigerLynx, she's coming off as territorial of Sami even though the writers probably don't mean it that way. I'm enjoying it. Sure, I realize Kate has her own motives, and I acknowledge Sami's going too far with her revenge (even though it's fun for me to watch), but at this point I'm just so relieved to have somebody in Salem who isn't worshipping Abby or dismissing Sami's anger. Despite Kate's ulterior motives, she's still ahead of Sami's own family.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 7

What's so weird to me is that nobody acts like Sami has a right to her feelings.  Even if the ONLY thing EJ has ever done to her is cheat, Sami still has a right to be pissed off about it.  But when you start tallying up all the many other awful things he's done to her - well, who can blame her for feeling all this rage?  Why can no one see how this is for her?  Even if they have sympathy for Abigail, they should still be able to understand why Sami is angry and wants revenge.  How are all these people so completely without empathy?

And I hate Marlena.  What an unfeeling monster she is towards her own daughter.  I wish Theresa would wallop her over the head and put her in a coma too.  Not that anyone would notice the difference.

• Love 8

The cheating has reminded Sami of when and why she hated EJ. She said that to him in the jail cell. I don't think he counted on that happening. In his nightmare, he thought the cheating would "simply" hurt Sami in the worst way possible. I don't think he realized that the cheating would actually REMIND her of all the other things he's done and why she backed away from him earlier in their....uh..."courtship."

• Love 2
But EJ is so obsessed with Sami. Run Sami! Run! For god's sake, don't fall for this nonsense again.

If the writers weren’t such pathetic idiots, they would write the end of this SL to be accurate with what really happens with stalkers and obsession.  The obsessed tries to kill their obsession when they can no longer handle rejection.  EJ tries to kill Sami, and she kills him instead.

What's so weird to me is that nobody acts like Sami has a right to her feelings.  Even if the ONLY thing EJ has ever done to her is cheat, Sami still has a right to be pissed off about it.

I don’t understand that either.  Sami has a right to be angry.  Kate being the only person on Sami’s side is weird (I will enjoy it while it lasts).

The cheating has reminded Sami of when and why she hated EJ. She said that to him in the jail cell. I don't think he counted on that happening. In his nightmare, he thought the cheating would "simply" hurt Sami in the worst way possible. I don't think he realized that the cheating would actually REMIND her of all the other things he's done and why she backed away from him earlier in their....uh..."courtship."

Liked I’ve said before – EJ is a self-involved idiot.  Also, I think EJ projects some of his own obsession onto Sami.  However, EJ has never been Sami’s obsession – that was Austin.  And Sami loved Brandon, Lucas, and Rafe.  EJ likes to dismiss it as Sami pretending to love other people, but that is not the truth.  Sami chose Rafe and Lucas over EJ again and again.  EJ’s ego can’t handle reality.

• Love 3
If the writers weren’t such pathetic idiots, they would write the end of this SL to be accurate with what really happens with stalkers and obsession.

Oh, but this is romantic! Very romantic! EJ is a prince of a guy! Isn't it amazing how much he loves Samantha? How dare she not appreciate how much he loves her? How dare she not fall into his arms and reward him for his love?

Puke.

At least most of the town hates EJ and so we haven't really had to hear that angle yet, but given what EJ said to Caroline, we may have to listen to some of that nonsense today.

• Love 2

I was really (you have no idea how much, really) hoping Caroline would be the one to get Sami to examine and own her feelings, whatever they are. If anyone could get Sami to listen, it's her grandmother. I don't blame Sami for feeling enraged -- but rage can be self-sustaining. Anger burns itself out, but rage is different; it can become its own reason for existing. What if Caroline were to say "You have a right to be angry; but what does all the yelling and screaming accomplish? Figure out why you're so bent on destruction, and what that means for you and your children. Maybe you still love EJ in some measure -- and maybe you don't. But you need to make sure you -- and they -- have a life to move on with."

For whatever it's worth, I think Sami has a right to be angry, but that revenge is a fundamentally self-destructive idea. One can still have empathy without thinking that revenge is the way to go. 

My feeling that the scene could actually go something like that lasted about six seconds, sadly. And I agree with Black Knight's comment upthread that Elvis's behaviour with Kate suggests he does, in fact, care very much about the company, and that he's shining Sami on. Again. I was also really hoping that Sami would cut him down with the fact that she found his little bundle of "insurance policy" evidence against WIll locked in the safe. I hope she still may.

• Love 3

I would like for Caroline to make Sami stop and think, and for Sami to tell Caroline:

1) She was an idiot for getting involved with EJ;

2) She is working past the hurt and anger, this isn’t all about revenge;

3) She has to neutralize EJ and Stefano because she is tired of worrying about being held on island for years while her children believe she is dead; and

4) She has to do this herself because she can’t keep running to Rafe and Lucas to save her.

• Love 6
(edited)
For whatever it's worth, I think Sami has a right to be angry, but that revenge is a fundamentally self-destructive idea.

Oh yes, I agree.  I just want someone to agree with Sami that she is justified in being angry.  Then they can tell her how she needs to find inner peace and zen out and blah, blah, blah, but it would be nice if somebody, anybody would validate Sami's feelings.

I'll tell you one thing - I've never cared for Sami much, but the writers have put me firmly on her side in all of this. 

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 3

Kudos to Caroline for owning up to her own past/affair w/Victor and not being judgmental. How ironic that the woman with dementia can remember the mistakes she made in the past and not be judgmental while much younger Jennifer, Adrienne, and Abigail all have selective memories at the least if not outright amnesia about the things they’ve done.

Abigail dear you really shouldn’t talk about other women being out of bounds when you are the one that slept with an engaged man.  Eve flirting with a single man is child’s play compared to what you did.

And what is all this ‘Abby was vulnerable because of Chad’ crap?  Chad was gone for months before Abby crawled in EJ’s pants.  She wasn’t married to him; she wasn’t engaged to him. They were two twenty year olds; it didn’t work out; how much was there to get over?

Jennifer can STFU with her “Sami was out of line with what she did to my daughter” bs. No Jennifer, your daughter was out of line spreading her legs for EJ! Abigail is the one out of line, not Sami. 

• Love 8

I’m so tired of Sami getting bashed by the idiots in Salem.  If Sami killed all of them, I would be cheering her on.  I so want a video of the boring twit begging EJ to let her be his mistress to be posted on the internet with a heading of “Pathetic Loser Begs to be a Sidepiece, and Gets Turned Down.”

• Love 5

These writers are stupid 98% of the time so who knows, but I keep hoping that the signs are there that the mistress begging video exists. I don't think Sami has it based off the fact that she seems so sure that EJ and Abby were playing her.  Her lines today about feeling stupid seem to suggest she didn't see that scene. But the way everyone keeps excusing Abby's behavior, I can only hope it's a set up for her downfall.  I want everyone to turn on her when they see how bad she wanted EJ while EJ's response to Abby that he loved Sami more than his own life.  Given the fact that EJ is already in the news for his tax evasion charges, I figure Mistress Abigail Deveraux should be a front page story.  

Tamiflu and her brother need to go on the run again. 

Jen, sit your stupid, psychotic, delusional, overbearing, childish, prudish, lying, raggedy, stank raccoon ass down somewhere. Sami was absolutely not out of line for exposing Gagby. Please let there be video footage of Gagby begging to be EJ's whore. She needs to be completely and utterly humiliated.

Caroline could have just advised Sami not to waste her life trying to get revenge and left it at that. Why would anyone encourage someone they love to get back together with EJ. 

FU show for trouting out Allie to make Sami feel bad. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Sami told Ben that the visual evidence she had was quite graphic. Since the picture of Abby and EJ kissing isn't exactly X-rated, I think her "short video" must be of the shower sex. As a smart poster pointed out, it would explain how Sami knew that Abby was saying "Oh God!"

I agree that the message that you shouldn't get so caught up in anger that you let it consume your life for all time is a valid one. My issue is that people are lecturing Sami to stop being angry right now. Anger is a normal, natural part of the process for many people when they find out they have been cheated on. It's only been a matter of weeks since Sami found out, and as other posters have mentioned, it's brought up anger as well for having fallen for his act after the previous shitty things he did to her and then claimed he'd changed and would be honest going forward and everything was a clean slate (even as he preserved evidence he could use against her and her son in the event of a rainy day).

It's like telling someone who has just experienced the death of a loved one to skip all the stages of grief and go straight to acceptance. It's dismissive and callous. They need time to process. Sami is still obviously in the anger stage, and while she shouldn't stay there forever, it's only been a matter of weeks. Check back in a couple months. Even when someone does take the path of forgiving the other person and repairing the relationship, working through all of the emotions necessary can go on for a year or more.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 7
(edited)

I am going to be so annoyed if I only get a few days of Sami/Kate scheming against the Dimeras, and TIIC put Sami back with EJ.  Take away all the other horrible things EJ has done to Sami, and he is still a man who cheats whenever there is a problem.  EJ is a serial cheater.  When things don’t go the way he wants, he screws around.  If Sami stays with EJ, she will spend the rest of her life not being able to express an opinion or disagree with him because if she does, EJ will cheat.  Even if Sami tries to keep things smooth sailing from here on out, EJ will still probably cheat again because that is what he does, and EJ’s go to reaction was to blame Sami for HIS cheating until he realized that wasn’t working.  Please let Sami shoot EJ in the head again, and kill him this time.

The writers bringing out Allie for that scene was so annoying.  They aren’t a happy family, and they never will be as long as Sami is with EJ.  Sami has a better chance at a happy family with Lucas, Rafe, or some new man than she does with EJ.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
Jennifer can STFU with her “Sami was out of line with what she did to my daughter” bs. No Jennifer, your daughter was out of line spreading her legs for EJ! Abigail is the one out of line, not Sami.

This was some jaw-dropping Salem troll logic!  Somehow, Sami and Abby are both victims of EJ but Abby should in no way beheld responsible for her actions in the affair but Sami is being denounced for bringing the affair out in the public.  Say what?

And I understand why Caroline said what she did to Sami and in way I think she's right.  I don't want to see Sami twisted up with hate regarding her revenge--I want her to walk away with the company, the money and her kids and live the rest of her life away from EJ.  It isn't worth it to try to punish Abby because anytime she gets even close to any self-awareness, one of the Horton apologists pops up to assuage her guilt. It's obnoxious as hell and if the show wants her to be a rootable character, than she has to take her deserved lumps.

• Love 3

What crap people are practically pushing Sami and EJ to be together. Ally and Caroline yea bs.

Abby is so thrilled that nobody is judging her. Surprise surprise.

Jenn you're a prissy pig so what's the difference? You eat your fucking slop with some finesse. Sami wasn't out of line for confronting Abby you twit. If that's the case she's out of line for how she treated Daniel yesterday and nobody seduced your skanky daughter.

The rest was filler.

• Love 4
(edited)
They need time to process. Sami is still obviously in the anger stage, and while she shouldn't stay there forever, it's only been a matter of weeks. Check back in a couple months.

Agreed. And yet Sami is supposed to get over the betrayal overnight (according to the half wits in town), yet Abby can get a pass and be 'vulnerable' for years. The hypocrisy on this show kills me.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6
Agreed. And yet Sami is supposed to get over the betrayal overnight (according to the half wits in town), yet Abby can get a pass and be 'vulnerable' for years. The hypocrisy on this show kills me.

In another example of hypocrisy, I don't see anyone lecturing Eric about letting go of his anger towards Nicole. Yeah, I know he said he forgave her, but he's still obviously very angry with her. Why is he not all zen about it? Why?? He's letting the anger consume him! And he should totally think about reuniting with her, because she loves him so much, she did it all for love of him, and she's apologized insincerely and claimed she feels bad a few times. Just like EJ...

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought the conversation between Caroline and Sami was good in the sense of hearing Sami's point of view about why she's so angry about this particular infidelity vs. the other things he's done. I felt bad for Sami. I also liked the way she said, "I love you, Grandma." She sounded sweet there.

Caroline's acting also seemed better today. Yesterday, I thought she sounded strange when she barged into the living room.

I continue to like the actor who plays Clyde. Oh, please don't let him turn out to be that much of a weirdo...

Did Abigail mention something about Jordan sleeping with somebody????  Did I mishear? It sounded jarring to my ears, not just because I think I've seen most of the scenes involving Abigail and Ben and I can't recall him saying anything about that, but if I were in Abigail's place, I probably would try right now not to be so NOSY....that didn't sound like any of Abigail's business! That was an odd exchange....was she hoping somebody else slept with somebody who made that person look like a fool?

Jennifer. Ugh. I don't know what to say about her. Intellectually, I sort of get why she would think the worst of EJ, but...she still sounded stupid to me. I did think the line about "I would buy a ticket to see what she'd do to you" was kind of funny, nonetheless.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

There are so many things on the show that annoy me, but the fact that everyone is telling EJ, "You pissed off Sami, you brain dead moron, I can't wait to see her destroy you," is hilarious.  If only, the writers would let Sami/Kate get rid of the Dimeras for good.

• Love 1

I don't like Sami or Alison Sweeny. Overall, I think the character of Sami is a joke. 

I have to admit, Sami is interesting to me and I think Sweeney is doing a great job with the character.

It seems that Alison was given garbage scripts to work with and boring, silly material. All those silly Sami schemes were so boring. Now that she has a grown up story line, she is doing well with it.

LOVED the little jokes they have thrown in.

Kate said she only had two trunks of clothes delivered.

Sami said "only your pointy hats and brooms?"

I actually laughed at that and rarely do you laugh at a soap. 

• Love 1

Jennifer is nothing but a judgemental shrew.  God, shut up.

Kayla needs to go after Aiden so that Hope will try to take him away from her.  But we get tiny little snippets of Aiden's marriage, I do think he was responsible for his wife's death, maybe while drunk driving, but now it sounds like their marriage wasn't doing well.

I love the little Kunitz twins who play Johnny.  They bring such energy and joy to the role.  I'm going to miss them.

• Love 4

OMG, that video of AS and LK shooting the portrait is too cute.  Loved the end with them hugging and being so excited they got to do it.  I love what we are getting now of KAMI but part of me will regret that TPTB didn't put Kate and Sami together sooner.

• Love 4

Yes, thanks for the clip!  Gosh they were both wearing long dresses and looked so beautiful.  The Days-type porn music made me laugh though.  When AS said on her page they pitched the concept I wonder if it was the entire idea of replacing the portrait.  If so, Days needs to listen to their actors more often.

I wish they would continue the room makeover Kate suggested and get rid of that mask in the back, and those godawful brown curtains.

• Love 3

Oh, duh, I finally figured out what Abigail said about Jordan: "Did this have anything to do with the man Jordan just left with?"

LEFT, not slept.

I had to play it several times to finally piece together what she was saying. Even when she's asking something kind of innocuous, she still sounds kind of nosy to me.

Does Jennifer really think EJ would care if she calls him a "rotten man"?  Does Jennifer really think EJ would care if Abigail thinks he's a "rotten man"? I think that's what he had been hoping all this time to get her off his back.

Of course Abigail had to be nosy... If there is something going on, she has to find out...and Ben is stupid for being interested in her..but then again, it's all about poor Abby...ugh...and so let's see...someone needs to kill off Clyde and Kate cause they are 2 of the same... And I am willing to bet that when rafe finds out, he'll go on his high horse about why she didn't tell him sooner and blah blah blah...and why in the world would Ben and Jordan just go with him?? I mean really. Keep there meetings to a public place or something... Or, since Eric has nothing going on, have them meet with Eric... He could schedule that In between walking around and being mad at Nicole and Sami and meeting with the bishop... I hope that whatever Nicole is asked to do, she doesn't...cause after the way he has acted,he doesn't deserve to have her help.

Don't even get me started on Jen and Eve.... Jj is going to hate his mother down the road if this breaks up him and Paige. And Paige should stop listening to everyone around her and go with her heart. And how is it that no one can have a conversation without Abigail having to know what is going on??! She should be the one to find out about Ollie and Tammy sue and go tell everyone cause someone is going to have to... Oh and then maybe Clyde will kill her or something....

Oh, duh, I finally figured out what Abigail said about Jordan: "Did this have anything to do with the man Jordan just left with?"

LEFT, not slept.

I had to play it several times to finally piece together what she was saying. Even when she's asking something kind of innocuous, she still sounds kind of nosy to me.

Does Jennifer really think EJ would care if she calls him a "rotten man"?  Does Jennifer really think EJ would care if Abigail thinks he's a "rotten man"? I think that's what he had been hoping all this time to get her off his back.

Every one is rotten to jenn- first there was the big bad mean ej, and Eve, because she wants to sue Jen and screw it up for the veterans.... Omg... Forget about Paige and Jj....

(edited)

Jj is going to hate his mother down the road if this breaks up him and Paige.

It's actually Eve who is saying something different to everybody.  She lies to her own daughter constantly.  I wouldn't put it past her to have revenge sex with our boy JJ.  And I will stop watching.

Let's just face it, most of the characters here are mentally ill.  Let's go ahead and get some diagnoses. Don't count on Mar's botoxed brain though.  Don't get me started on her weird relationship with her prepubescent Eric.

Wouldn't it be awesome if when Days finally ends, it was a version of the Alfred Hitchcock Hour the crazies take over the asylum?

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2
(edited)

Gosh, today's show was like spending time with My Little Pony, wasn't it?  Okay, okay, I know most of it wasn't, but didn't you heart just MELT when you heard Allie describe how EJ made paper cranes with her after Nick got plugged in Horton Square?  AWWWWWW, ain't that just the sweetest thing?  I only wish we could have heard more about EJ and all the cute things he does.  How much you wanna bet, besides making paper cranes he and Allie also play dress up, and can't you imagine the tea parties??  Now how on earth can Sami not SWOON at finding this out?  Why, I bet he has nothing but Karen Carpenter and Celine Dion on his IPod.  And I bet he weeps uncontrollably when he watches Titanic.  I'm trying to decide, though, whether he sees himself as Leonardo DiCaprio or Kate Winslet.....okay, back on topic.

I saw Caroline's talk with Sami perhaps a bit differently.  I didn't think she really told Sami to stop being angry as much as she warned her that living in anger would ultimately hurt her more than help her - and that she might not end up being the person or mother she wants and needs to be if she gets stuck there.  I don't think Caroline was negating her or her anger as much as telling her that there was more in her life, more FOR her in life, than that.  And I don't think she was really telling her to get back with EJ, either.  She did remind her that Sami had told her more than once how much she loved the guy, and that it was that love for him that made this all so painful.  I wasn't hearing any "I told you so", and I didn't hear Caroline telling Sami she was behaving badly, just that this wasn't a place she wanted to get stuck in.  And considering that Caroline has listened to Sami defend her feelings for EJ, and been the only family member to be open-minded about that relationship, and being the only family member to acknowledge Sami's feelings, what she said to her was appropriate and loving.

The amazing thing for me is that Caroline is the ONLY family member who actually seems to really give a crap about Sami and her life.  Eric is too busy pulling out his Daily Platitudes booklet, while Marlena and Roman just look at her like something they need to scrape off their shoes.  And the reason that Caroline is able to get to Sami, IMO, is because Sami knows that Caroline is one person who actually does love her, and will support her in whatever she does with her love and her life, no matter how she might wish otherwise.  And for Sami, that's one helluva rare gift.  The Brady's - with the exception of Caroline, veer into Holy Horton territory every now and then, and it's not pretty.  I thought it was pretty cool of Caroline to bring up her own indiscretion with Victor, too.  And she made it clear, I think, that she didn't mean that because she and Shawn got through it, that Sami should do the same with EJ.  And I don't think Caroline is going to jump on the Poor Abby train.  At best, she'll get the same cold shoulder Nick got from her.  I'd like to see her dump a bowl of chowder on that chowderhead, but I doubt Caroline will do that.

What a shocker it must have been for Abby when Ben told her that everything wasn't about her, that he left the other day because of something OTHER than her sordid problems.  It must have thrown the poor pinhead for a loop, hearing that someone else might think something other than her was more important.

And we had another rabid Howler Monkey attack!  Jenn swoops in, those raccoon eyes unblinking, that mouthful of tiny sharp teeth exposed, and starts screeching at EJ like she wanted to steal his banana.  Little does she know that currently Sami OWNS his banana. And that she might very well peel it.... Then Jenn gives Johnny her best "I'll EAT you" smile and then proceeds to slam EJ for violating her precious baby girl.  

Show may keep telling us that the whole town just LOVES Jenn, thinks she's just THE BEST, but in reality everyone in town should be running away every time they see this Elvira Gulch roaming the streets, looking for someone to rip apart and judge.  If this was a nature show, someone would shoot the witch with a tranquilizer dart, tag her and air drop the crazed ferret somewhere in the wild.  I know I've mixed my animals, but Jenn does make me think of "When Animals Attack".  

Best line of the day, though, and it belonged to Jenn.  When she was castigating him for taking advantage of Abigail, she told EJ that she was just sorry that Abigail "had to find out the hard way" about him.  Truth be told, there is NOTHING Abigail enjoyed more with EJ than that she "had to find out the hard way" - over and over and over again.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Loved, loved, loved the portrait of Sami and Kate.  Those two keep saying no one can do anything about their joint rule for six months, but I'd be thrilled if Stephano never came back and Kate and Sami got to keep everything forever (with Kate in Salem and Sami wherever she goes when AS leaves).

I've never cared for Rafe all that much, but I actually really like him with Kate.  It's sort of the same with Daniel.  Alone or with Jennifer, I don't like him.  But when he was with Nicole?  I liked him. 

There's really no hope for Eric.  He's in desperate need of a new personality.  As is, he's so fucking dull and hypocritical. 

Jennifer is another hypocrite.  She's also an obnoxious narcissist and a ridiculous liar.  She can hate that Eve is suing her sorry ass, but for her to say that Eve wants "everything" is bullshit.  I really can't stand Jennifer or her dimwitted daughter.  I will never understand why so much time is spent on these two when there are more interesting people in Salem.

Speaking of more interesting people, it was great to see Kayla today.  MBE looked so pretty and her new-ish hairstyle is much more flattering than the spiky/pixie 'do she wore for years and years.

Alison Sweeney shared a video of the photo shoot for the Kami portrait.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152638029968489

That was great! 

• Love 3