Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why would Eric be upset that Sami wants to get revenge on EJ? He and Brady have been insulting EJ left, right, and center and his own house too.....but .now that she's got a shrewd plan (which actually makes sense) where she can enact a punishment where she won't end up in jail, Eric thinks she might be in the wrong? These people are weird...

I know! It is driving me crazy that everyone is against Sami getting revenge in a legal way but no one seemed really bothered when she SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD! What's the difference now - oh yeah, poor dear innocent Abby (who has lied, slept with someone else's fiancee, and went after another woman's husband) is involved.

Lord knows that poor innocent girl doesn't deserve this (sarcasm sigh here)

Come on ride the revenge train Eric and join Sami for a fun ride. I'll bet she'll even jump the tracks and run over Nicole on the way.

• Love 4

No weirder then Sami dressing up in a wedding dress just like her sister's to marry her sister's boyfriend. And GLOATING about it. No weirder then Sami passing off another man's child as someone else's child. Abigail being ashamed of sleeping with two brothers don't even come close to ALL the horrible things Sami should be ashamed of.

Sami has been presented as morally skewed for a good long while now. When she does bad things she gets called and and is shunned. Even her own mother treats her with disdain. The people who like her/root for her don't do so because they think she is a "good" person, they do so because she's entertaining and actually does something. Now compare that to Abby who is supposed to be good and sweet and innocent but is really a scheming, pathetic, deluded, stank, dumb mistress. Why does she get to literally throw herself at two married/engaged men and still keep her "good girl" crown? Why is she (along with the rest of the Horton's) very rarely ever called out for her bullshit? I'm sure part of the reason why Abby comes off as such a freak is because KM doesn't know what the hell she's doing, but the writers still deserve a good bit of the blame. They have no idea how to write "good" characters so if they're expecting many people to support the lying, hypocritical, judgmental, annoying, self-righteous "good" people like the Horton's...Fail. I will root for the raping attempted murderer Sami every single day of the week before I will ever be Team Abby.

• Love 2

Jennifer annoyed me more than Abby today.  At least Abby said a couple of the right things today about pretending to be Sami's friend and EJ/Sami's kids.

Jennifer on the other hand did the classic mistress excuse of he made the vows so the blame is on him none is on the mistress. When the mistress knows about the wife and the kids there is blame to be shared for their suffering.  Especially when there are family ties. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Jennifer will probably confront EJ, like when she screamed at him about Chad. Since EJ has nothing to lose now, he'll probably let loose on how Abigail begged to be his mistress if Jennifer goes hard on his ears. I don't think Jennifer wants to hear the gory details, but EJ is in a different head-space now that he knows Sami knows. But of course she'll probably make things worse for herself and be forced to hear things she doesn't want to hear if she starts hyperventilating in front of EJ.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Jennifer will probably confront EJ, like when she screamed at him about Chad. Since EJ has nothing to lose now, he'll probably let loose on how Abigail begged to be his mistress if Jennifer goes hard on his ears. I don't think Jennifer wants to hear the gory details, but EJ is in a different head-space now that he knows Sami knows.

I hope so.  Jenn marched herself into his house and reamed him out about Chad without any provocation, so it's now her turn to hear a few home truths.

But she's so stupid that I doubt any will sink through into that wizened little peabrain of hers.

• Love 4
(edited)

"Now that I know what kind of a man EJ really is."  Just what kind of a man did you think he was when you were sleeping with him, Abigail?

I can't wait to see Lucas's reaction.  We BETTER get a Sami and Lucas scene.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 6
(edited)

No weirder then Sami dressing up in a wedding dress just like her sister's to marry her sister's boyfriend. And GLOATING about it. No weirder then Sami passing off another man's child as someone else's child. Abigail being ashamed of sleeping with two brothers don't even come close to ALL the horrible things Sami should be ashamed of.

When Sami is off the show which character will be used to justified the actions of pathetic trash characters?

When I critique Abby I'm talking about her. Of course there will always be worse actions or characters. It's like calling a character a dummass then the response "well at least they aren't a kiddie rapist." Or saying you have a migraine to a pal and someone replying "hey! be glad you don't have cancer and are not wrongfully imprisoned." It's a fallacy of comparison because other horrid shit doesn't negate or diminish bad shit.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6
I can't wait to see Lucas's reaction.  We BETTER get a Sami and Lucas scene.

Is it too much to hope for that we can have some true old school Lumi (by that I mean when they had fun conspiring with each other on various schemes), instead of Lucas joining the parade of those suggesting that Sami ix-nay her revenge? Probably. But I'm looking forward to when he hears the part about Kate being Sami's partner in all this.

Theresa whacked John over the head? Oh, Theresa. I knew John was supposed to get hurt, but when the fighting started, I assumed it would be an accident - she would shove him while wrestling over the cell, and he would fall and hit his head, something like that. But she deliberately whacked him. While I applaud that on general principle, it makes me worry for the character. Is she gonna go down the same hole as Nicole, who basically seems like a dead end character with no real story now?

Jennifer will probably confront EJ, like when she screamed at him about Chad. Since EJ has nothing to lose now, he'll probably let loose on how Abigail begged to be his mistress if Jennifer goes hard on his ears. I don't think Jennifer wants to hear the gory details, but EJ is in a different head-space now that he knows Sami knows.

I hope so.  Jenn marched herself into his house and reamed him out about Chad without any provocation, so it's now her turn to hear a few home truths.

I doubt it. I think Jen is going to basically stick to what she said today - JJ wanted to rip EJ's head off and Jen commented that it wouldn't be necessary because Sami would be taking care of that. Which is totally true, as it happens. I think she's going to leave EJ to Sami, and hunker down with her family in anticipation of whatever Sami plans to do to them. And hope that EJ will serve as a lightning rod that will pull Sami's focus from Abby somewhat. I know Jen is not a genius, but she seems to realize she has her hands full with Sami without also running afoul of a DiMera. (Now watch Jen go visit him in jail tomorrow and prove me wrong.)

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if Sami will actually do anything more to Abigail (and Jennifer). She'll probably make them squirm and make them think she's going to do something --- but other than telling people, I don't know what she could do other than steal Abigail's special hair shampoo or secretly add extra calories to their brownies. I guess that's why I'm not sure why Eric and company are so worried. All Sami has done so far is tell Abigail what exactly she did. Well, you know, that happens when the fiancee finds out. As for EJ, I really don't get why anyone would care that she's enacting her revenge through the most legal way possible, other than that Stephano could come after her, but Will, at least, doesn't seem to be framing the argument that way -- although to be fair Nu-Will puts me to sleep so maybe he said something about that and it went over my head.

I get why Jennifer would come between Sami and Abigail, but now that I think about it I think Sami was nicer to Abigail than Jennifer was when she grabbed a pregnant Nicole at the top of the Horton Square and that lady fell down the stairs.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

Oh yes, I sure hope there's more coming for Abs.  How about if Ann takes a whiff at this and plasters it all over the hospital web site to mess up Jenn.  Dan has no idea, Nicole tried to tell him.  Ann was drinking with Theresa the other week, so she is definitely still around.  Ann and Sami. 

Theresa should have hit Yawn harder.  He basically gave her a concussion then paid no attention.

To pile on the Jenn, she criticized her son once more, he apologized once again.  She kept saying I don't want to involve you in my drama then involved him in her drama.  The way she uses those kids while ignoring them. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, I could see Ann doing something. But I could see her putting the news on social media on her own. What Sami has done so far just seems more in  the vein of actually normal to me so far?  I guess I just don't think Sami telling people (her relatives)  face-to-face what Abigail did is really that bad. Maybe I don't feel it's the responsibility of the fiancee/mistress to not tell even her own family what went down if people notice she's in a bad mood.

As for Jennifer, she's gone postal on a a fair amount of women (except for Kristen, I think, which is kind of bizarre to me). So her criticizing Sami for acting inappropriate and not having the right to throw stones is sort of funny to me. I would have thought Daniel would be Abigail's next target, but since he and Jennifer are now broken up she probably has no interest in him now.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

When Sami is off the show which character will be used to justified the actions of pathetic trash characters?

It will be interesting to see what happens when Big Bad Sami is no longer around to torment poor defenseless big girl Abby. The next time she goes after an unavailable man I bet Theresa will somehow be blamed.

• Love 1

Do the writers not understand how MR's unthinking piety is poisoning this show?  She had an affair in real life.  And how KM's entitlement is poisoning this show?  I ventured on to her FB page and she bills herself as a "triple threat" who is an actor/producer and always knew she would get into show business.  Stupid twit.  But I guess Days is locked into a contract with her no matter how disappointing. There's nothing on her page other than how beautiful she is on vacation and what great accessories she had on the Daytime Emmys..  I don't care enough to get into her rich upbringing but I know MR had a freaky religious childhood.  Actors have to play these roles over years so I think they're often written true to the actors. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Sami will actually do anything more to Abigail (and Jennifer). She'll probably make them squirm and make them think she's going to do something --- but other than telling people,

Sami has been saying internet and news and everyone will know a lot as she confronts EJ and Abby.  I took it as she's telling them exactly what she is going to do next, upload the sex tape for the world to see, without exactly coming out and saying it directly.

• Love 2

LOL. Poor Sami. Always being used to do the rotten horrible things she has done to people so other character's actions can be justified. Girl just can't catch a break!

(edited)

As for Jennifer, she's gone postal on a a fair amount of women (except for Kristen, I think, which is kind of bizarre to me). So her criticizing Sami for acting inappropriate and not having the right to throw stones is sort of funny to me. I would have thought Daniel would be Abigail's next target, but since he and Jennifer are now broken up she probably has no interest in him now.

Meanwhile, there's Victor, Rafe, and probably even Adien to be had! After all, they are UNAVAILABLE right now! That should keep her busy. LOL! Given the way her mother and Daniel is always back forth, she might still have a shot with him too! *shakes head in amazement!*

Edited by Sidney

I thought Eric's concern was more about Sami going after the Dimeras. Did I miss something? I didn't see it as wanting to protect Abby at all, more like wanting to protect Sami, whose plans generally blow up in her face. 

I may not like Sami, but I like a good revenge story. But if it consists of her running around town telling anyone who will listen that Abby slept with EJ, it comes off as some petty, woman scorned crap. However wrong and awful Jennifer is, it really is only between Abby, Sami, and EJ. Sami involving everyone else, even though it's nice to see Abby knocked down, is kind of a shitty thing to do (to the other people) and it puts them in an awkward position. Abby and EJ are the ones in the wrong, but Sami is the one who whined about it to her own son. I'd have no problem with it if she'd done so in a quiet conversation, but it was more of Sami's angry braying. Usually, AS hits the mark in scenes w/Will, but I couldn't help but wonder why the hell she was yelling at Will and Sonny--they didn't do anything! Then I realized that it's just Sami's righteous anger or whatever coming through.  I did like that Will and Sonny, who are close to Abby, recognized that they should keep some distance for the time being. I didn't see that as pro-Abby/anti-Sami, but as a surprisingly reasonable thing to do.

• Love 2
(edited)

Meanwhile, there's Victor, Rafe, and probably even Adien to be had! After all, they are UNAVAILABLE right now! That should keep her busy. LOL! Given the way her mother and Daniel is always back forth, she might still have a shot with him too! *shakes head in amazement!*

Part of the reason people have speculated about Daniel and Abigail (which happened even before the EJabby affair) is because of the way KM and SC have played their scenes with each other. Sometimes there's been an undercurrent between both characters that they could go there. SC plays Daniel as sleazy and KM tends to play up some kind of flirty vibe with him. That's why the comments about Daniel and Abigail are there. People have been talking about them way before EJ, and many thought the affair between EJ and Abby could have gone the other way between Abby and Daniel.

I may not like Sami, but I like a good revenge story. But if it consists of her running around town telling anyone who will listen that Abby slept with EJ, it comes off as some petty, woman scor

She might tell other people in the future (or tomorrow), but so far hasn't she only told her relatives? If someone had an affair with who I was with, I don't know if I'd have the self-control NOT to tell my son and brother, and, well the guy who actually cheated on me. The only extra person who has been told is the mother, but oh well -- those are the breaks. So far though the only people to know are people related to Sami, and I think it would be hard not to discuss it at some point because of keeping things bottled inside.So far. Sami has been more controlled about who to tell than most celebrities!

I assume the only reason Kate knows is because of EJ's stupid envelope or because Nick told her. Nick probably tattled on Abigail more! Abigail has been betrayed by her cousin rather than Sami. No one would know about the affair if not for Nick.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

She might tell other people in the future (or tomorrow), but so far hasn't she only told her relatives?

So far, yes. That's why I said *if*. Given the side comments she's been making about videos and the internet, I fear that it is just about embarrassing them. It already feels like we've spent more time on exposing Abby than taking down EJ.

It wasn't that she told Will that bugged me. Her execution was less "this is something you need to know" than "I WAS WRONGED!" and I think when it's your kid, and the other woman is not only his cousin, but his friend, it calls for a little less squawking. It could have been a time to remind us that Sami has been hurt, and isn't just getting her kicks by messing with Abby. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't tell what Nu-Will was thinking. The new one is bland at times.

Whether he was even feeling anything for Abigail, I couldn't tell.

Sonny seems to like Abigail, but I'm not really sure why, if I'm honest. (Not because she's "bad" or anything, but because I've never seen any great charisma that could make me understand why anyone would actually like her just for being her. If anyone likes her, I assume it's because of her mother's last name). The fact that Sonny had bought a gun and was on the verge of killing Nick did sort of pass through my head though as he was looking in wonderment at Sami as to why she'd be willing to go at Abigail. Like, duh, why would you be perplexed that a Horton could be hated? You hated the other one...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I still think Sami's main target is EJ.  Sami comments about the internet seemed to be more sarcastic than an actual threat.

I don't know why Eric or anyone else would have a problem with Sami and Kate trying to get rid of the Dimeras legally.  As someone else mentioned, they had less of reaction to Sami shooting EJ in the head.

It would be hilarious if Lucas showed up while Kate and Sami were scheming, Kate told Lucas he wasn't doing to deter them from following through on their plan, and Lucas responded by telling them he wanted in.

• Love 2
as he was looking in wonderment at Sami as to why she'd be willing to go at Abigail. Like, duh, why would you be perplexed that a Horton could be hated? You hated the other one...

Sonny is one of my favorite characters but he is really making me sick with all of the Abby worship, like he can't conceive of her doing anything even remotely wrong. Talk about blinders to the extreme and yes, there has never been any chemistry in any Abby/Sonny scene--I only know they're related because everyone tells me so.  Sonny needs to be let in on the real truth about Abigail.  Maybe once he sees the picture he'll know it's true?

• Love 1

Theresa should have hit Yawn harder.  He basically gave her a concussion then paid no attention.

To pile on the Jenn, she criticized her son once more, he apologized once again.  She kept saying I don't want to involve you in my drama then involved him in her drama.  The way she uses those kids while ignoring them. 

Yep, Jawn, hero to all and Stud to wimminfolk knocked Theresa over pretty hard and didn't give her a second look.  Quite the guy.

And then we have Jenn once again making her son feel just a little bit less when he says he talked to Eve.  Jenn wants it both ways.  She wants the kids to be a team with her against Eve, but she doesn't want any actual "team" input from them.  JJ has a vested interest in the outcome but she wants his unwavering support, AND she wants him to shut up.

Quite a woman and mother, that Jenn.....

• Love 7

I don't understand why Will and Sonny are supposed to feel caught in the middle between Sami and Abby. They hardly ever shared any scenes with her and most of the time I actually forget that they're related. Will supposedly being Abby's best friend was clearly a plot point created just for the affair story. They really just seem to be family in name only. Just because they share blood with her doesn't mean they need to automatically feel sympathy for her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'll admit I'd side with my mother (or sister) over a cousin any day. Immediate blood relation trumps all other blood relations for me. I have cousins, but my loyalty is always greater towards my immediate family. Although maybe I'm a strange one -- the idea of siding with anyone over my immediate family, especially when I know they're the wronged party, is a foreign concept to me.

Granted, my immediate family are better people than Sami, but in this case, Abigail really was in the wrong (or at the very least has never appeared remotely sympathetic , potentially like those stupid young ladies in Lifetime movies). So the conflict would be much less (or probably non-existent?) in a situation like this for me.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don't understand why Will and Sonny are supposed to feel caught in the middle between Sami and Abby. They hardly ever shared any scenes with her and most of the time I actually forget that they're related. Will supposedly being Abby's best friend was clearly a plot point created just for the affair story. They really just seem to be family in name only. Just because they share blood with her doesn't mean they need to automatically feel sympathy for her.

For a moment or two, when Will suggested that he and Sonny give Abby some space, I thought the show might actually be working up to a disagreement between the two over siding with Abby or Sami. I think that could have some potential, even though I agree that Will's being Abigail's best friend didn't seem all that convincing.

I continue to be disappointed with Guy Wilson's acting. After Sami leaves, Will and Sonny talk about how torn Will felt (or rather, they tell us that Will was feeling torn), the scene ends with Sonny telling Will he will always be on Will's side, and Sonny puts his arms around Will. Guy Wilson manages to look, well, "glum" is the only way I can describe it.

• Love 2

Daniel Cosgrove must have a portrait in his attic. He looks younger than the last time I saw him.

I agree.  He looks too young for Hope - I think that's my biggest problem with the Hope/Aidan pairing.  I like him but I just don't think he's right for Hope.  Too boyish.

Yep, Jawn, hero to all and Stud to wimminfolk knocked Theresa over pretty hard and didn't give her a second look.  Quite the guy.

I'm glad you guys brought that up.  That was gross.  Am I supposed to be sympathetic to John?  Because he sure pushed Theresa hard. I guess that was one of those Spy Guy techniques - shove the vixen to the ground and kick her as you laugh.  Honestly, I don't understand why Theresa lets John wind her up.  Brady could give a flying hoot about his dad's opinion (rightly so) and if Brady had objections to the marriage, all Theresa has to do is laugh about it, say they were both stoned and they can just get it annulled.  And then procrastinate.  Brady's not that smart - Theresa should be able to outhink that moron any day.  Plus he's already shown he has feelings for her.  What the hell, Theresa?  Get your act together, girl!

• Love 2

Wasn’t Gabi also Will’s best friend?  I think the writers are trying to establish these close connections that don’t exist to amp up the drama, but it isn’t working.

Brady and John are both to stupid to live, and they are abusive bullies so I am Team Theresa.

• Love 2

Is Brady stealing the other guys' beauty treatments?

The worse EJ is starting to look the better looking Brady gets.

I fast-forward through Brady's acting though so I don't even know what's going on his storyline. I just know John called Teresa a "whore." So Abigail has company, I guess.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just know John called Teresa a "whore." So Abigail has company, I guess.

I wish they would stop it with the "whore" name-calling.  How is Theresa a whore?  She sleeps with Brady, that's it and he's not giving her a 50 when it's over.  They can call her a crackhead - that kinda fits - or a moocher, I guess.  It really bugs me the way they sling the word "whore" around.  I want someone to say this to John and Victor - "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Also, I don't think Abby is a whore either.  A stupid, misguided, delusional twit who tries and fails to steal other women's men, but that ain't a whore. A failure, more like it.

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 11

Sunnyheart -- hats off on your "whore" post! Though I think they are probably constrained by FCC rules or whatever, but that particular insult is so lame. Especially the way the actors say it with such venom -- you know they want to be saying something with much more punch than "whore!" Just stupid. 

Jenn -- stop messing with JJ's love life. Besides the fact that I love those two young ones together, are you aware that the best way to throw two people together is for their Moms to object? Have you not read Romeo & Juliet? 

And Abby -- I can't believe that among her first real lines after Sami leaves is, "How can I ever forgive myself?" -- Forgive myself? How about wondering how you can make things right for Johnny (Gianni?), Ali, and Sydney? 

• Love 4

Is Abigail not allowed to say she had an affair with engaged guy because of MR's real life affair?

It's just so strange that she keeps focusing on the fact that she slept with two brothers rather than the fact that one of them was attached.

I just wondered if there was some kind of weird moratorium on the latter fact because of other issues -- I've just never seen a storyline on a soap where a non-crazy woman who is touted as a "good girl"  felt more guilty for sleeping with two brothers (not unless she was engaged to one of those brothers) than the fact that he was engaged to someone else.

• Love 5

I don't think Will should side with Abby at all, and I don't think he is. However, I don't think Sami came off well in those scenes with him with all that heavy sarcasm. That played okay with Abby, and even Jennifer, but, whether we see it or not, the show tells us that Will and Abby are close. I'd have liked Sami to consider that and changed  her tone with him. A "Look, I know Abby's your cousin-friend, but you need to know what's been going on..." would have been a more mature (ha! Sami!) way to have that conversation. I also think it would have had a greater impact on the audience.
I've recently had to tell my own kid that one of her friends is a two-faced asshole. While that's what I believe with all my heart, that's not the way I said it to her. Not because I wanted to gloss over the fact that her friend really is a two-faced asshole, but because I know that it would be tough for my daughter to hear. And yeah, Will's an adult, but since when has Sami ever treated him like one?

• Love 1
(edited)

Not only do they have the context of whore completely wrong, I don’t like it because I believe both Brady and EJ have behaved far more sluttily than the women.

I’m fine with Sami calling the boring twit out for being a hypocrite and backstabber which are much more accurate.  I still want Sami to focus on destroying EJ though.  He deserves it, and it's much more fun to watch.

Will, Rafe, Roman, Bo, Caroline, Lexie, Kate, Stefano, EJ, Nicole, Brady, and Arianna all knew Sami shot EJ.  I think Abe and Hope knew to.  Brady, Will, and Rafe were glad she shot EJ, and wished he was dead.  Kate was like Sami how could you shoot him in the head and not manage to kill him?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think I was so focused on Nu-Will's blankness that I didn't get too bothered about how Sami told Will. He was so bland when he said "What a nightmare".

I was able to register confusion from Will when the flashback scene was shown, but without that inserted scene I wouldn't have known what he was thinking.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Not only do they have the context of whore completely wrong, I don’t like it because I believe both Brady and EJ have behaved far more sluttily than the women.

I completely agree.  And quite frankly, if the writers want to continue to use "whore" the way they do, they could apply it to every single person on the show, Saint Jennifer included.  Is anyone NOT a whore on Days in the way they mean?  Probably the most chaste person on the show is Ann - at least that we can see, Ann has more charisma than most of the people in Salem and I would love to know what she does in her spare time.  I'm thinking dominatrix.  She can rock a pair of boots.

Re NuWill - I just can't get past his overall Opie-ness so I really have a hard time taking him seriously.  But I do not want CM back - anything's better than his PermaSmirk.

• Love 1
(edited)

People, I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone.  Everyone is calling out Sami for being a bitch but no one is focusing on the fact that she has a right to be angry with Abby. Gosh, this is worse than Abby being given a free pass.  

Abby cheated with EJ on Sami and the kids, yet EJ is the one being lambasted by Eric and Abby is off doing damage control like she thinks what she did is defensible.  JJ is now on my shit list.  I can understand Will being worried about revenge damaging his mother, but I don't think Sami has done anything really bad to Abby (yet).

If Abby truly felt guilty, she woudn't be trying to stop Sami-she would accept whatever she throws at her.  And KM's fake crying doesn't help. Abby was totally not sad on Friday at the end, but when Sami said she's gonna tell everyone, the taps conveniently turn.

I am conflicted about Sonny.  I appreciate him trying to be impartial but I wonder if he would feel differently if Will cheated with someone else.

Abby then goes on to take on Eve and slaps her. It's amazing what she thinks of herself.  Eve was right.   Yet she feels justified to slap her?  The lack of self awareness of this chick knows no bounds.  Why isn't she embarrassed?  I would be hiding out ashamed to show my face if it was me, yet she is walking around town taking people on.   I am tired of Abby calling out others and acting like her s**t don't stink and she's still at it when she's done something wrong!

And if she says sorry that makes it all okay.  It;s not enough and that's why Carrie slapped her.

The Abby propping is ridiculous.  And to top it off Jen calls EJ a predator.  She needs to see video footage.  EJ is most responsible but Abby is culpable too.  It's like Sandman said last week, marriage or being engaged is a public institution.  There's no excuse for single people to ignore it.

If I lived in Salem I would move.  I can't believe people think the Melanie-propping was the worst.  I can't wait for her to come back at this rate.

This reveal sucks. From the lack of public shaming to the reactions of the characters.  Look how Nicole gets turned into a pariah, but that's not good enough for Princess Abby.  The writers throw her into another situation where she is 'justified' so we'll side with her.  Sorry, not for me.

And considering how the Horton's treat Will, I don't understand the cousin loyalty over his mother.  Granted, he doesn't know Abby was right there begging for sex. He probably thinks she was manipulated or is still young and experienced because she used to be a virgin until very recently.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 5

This is why I have no interest in seeing Sami in any more scenes with the boring twit.  Sami will be made out to be the bad guy because Abby is so weak and pathetic, or EJ will get blamed for everything.  EJ is a lying cheating spineless waste of space, but he is only responsible for his cheating.  What the wanna be mistress did is all on her.

Eric, get over yourself, you were going to marry the woman who stole Sami's baby.

• Love 2

People, I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone.  Everyone is calling out Sami for being a bitch but no one is focusing on the fact that she has a right to be angry with Abby. Gosh, this is worse than Abby being given a free pass. 

I agree.  And, in my humble opinion, the best thing that could happen now is for Sami to fatally shoot Abigail in the head. I mean, if everyone is going to hate on Sami anyhow, she might as well take out Abigal for the good of the show and I wouldn't mind if she killed Jennifer too.  In fact, it would redeem Sami a lot in my eyes if she would go on a shooting rampage and take out all the Hortons.

• Love 5

Omg... Why in the world does everyone think Abby is a sweetheart who could do no wrong? Even her brother!!!!! I mean really....are we that stupid and then Abby goes and attacks eve and Jj steps in and I'm predicting that eve is going to tell Paige she can't see Jj and personally, why is it up to eve who her daughter sees or doesn't see? I spent the hour yelling at the tv because Jen just has to stick up for her against big mean bad ej and I just hope that Ben breaks it off with her cause someone needs to see her for who she is....

Also., jack was no saint.. I mean why they all feel the need to constantly defend him and make it about the veterans.... And I guess when mama bird hears about the fight Abby and eve had, it's going to get turned around that it was all eve... I almost didn't watch today because I am so sick of everyone on the Abby was taken advantage of by ej club...

Lastly, so Eric, it's okay for you to have sympathy for Abby and the mess she got into, but yet, you showed none the whole time you accused Nicole of rape and she tried to defend herself and then when she was keeping the papers and tried to tell you and all that but yet it's wrong for her to do that, but okay for Abby to have to deal with having an affair with ej, but that's okay???

• Love 5

Honestly, I don't understand why Theresa lets John wind her up.  Brady could give a flying hoot about his dad's opinion (rightly so) and if Brady had objections to the marriage, all Theresa has to do is laugh about it, say they were both stoned and they can just get it annulled.  And then procrastinate.  Brady's not that smart - Theresa should be able to outhink that moron any day.  Plus he's already shown he has feelings for her.  What the hell, Theresa?  Get your act together, girl!

Theresa has been stupid from the get-go.  She was going after loser Dr. Dan, when Brady was ripe for the pickings.  Finally she figured out he has money, and he's hot, so she pursued Brady, and got him.  And she even managed to marry him.  Instead of doing as you say, and playing it all to her advantage, she tries to get John to pay her off (stupid) and then imo she overreacts when she finds out she was recorded by John.  But it does tell us something more about her.  Up until now she has been a vindictive immature brat, and now she is displaying some serious violent tendencies.  To bash John in the head like that takes a lot of rage and anger.  But what did he do that was so rage-inspiring?  Yes, John is a complete asshole, but she should have just ignored him altogether.  He shoved her and she fell, which is an assault, so she could have called the cops on him  if she wanted to.  She bashed him in the head because of the recording, which I didn't see, but I am assuming she took or deleted?  This makes her about as smart as Sami and co by tossing Nick in the river.

Abby then goes on to take on Eve and slaps her. It's amazing what she thinks of herself.  Eve was right.   Yet she feels justified to slap her?  The lack of self awareness of this chick knows no bounds.  Why isn't she embarrassed?  I would be hiding out ashamed to show my face if it was me, yet she is walking around town taking people on.

I always thought Abby was a stupid twit, but today she displayed that she has mental health issues.  You are correct, she should be laying low, eating ice cream and watching TCM until the worst blows over.  Instead she goes to the HTS and gets into a loud fight about something which she knows next to nothing about, and with an opponent she has no clue about.  And then she physically assaults her!  Let's hope one of those nosy Salemites tweeted a photo of that.

• Love 1

Theresa has been stupid from the get-go.  She was going after loser Dr. Dan, when Brady was ripe for the pickings.  Finally she figured out he has money, and he's hot, so she pursued Brady, and got him.  And she even managed to marry him.  Instead of doing as you say, and playing it all to her advantage, she tries to get John to pay her off (stupid) and then imo she overreacts when she finds out she was recorded by John.  But it does tell us something more about her.  Up until now she has been a vindictive immature brat, and now she is displaying some serious violent tendencies.  To bash John in the head like that takes a lot of rage and anger.  But what did he do that was so rage-inspiring?  Yes, John is a complete asshole, but she should have just ignored him altogether.  He shoved her and she fell, which is an assault, so she could have called the cops on him  if she wanted to.  She bashed him in the head because of the recording, which I didn't see, but I am assuming she took or deleted?  This makes her about as smart as Sami and co by tossing Nick in the river.

I always thought Abby was a stupid twit, but today she displayed that she has mental health issues.  You are correct, she should be laying low, eating ice cream and watching TCM until the worst blows over.  Instead she goes to the HTS and gets into a loud fight about something which she knows next to nothing about, and with an opponent she has no clue about.  And then she physically assaults her!  Let's hope one of those nosy Salemites tweeted a photo of that.

That would work, but knowing her beloved and also a saint Hope, Jen would find out and talk to hope and have her get rid of it....

(edited)

I don't really think Sami is being a -itch so far. Angry, yes, but not really a -itch, at least not much to Abigail, imo, and not at the gutter of humanity. Maybe slightly -itchy? But not that bad, I don't feel.   I think she's reacted how I assumed anybody who has been cheated on would with the "other woman." Even Tiger Woods' wife went after him with a baseball bat, I think, and she's generally perceived to have a lot of dignity.

Okay, a decade from now, if Sami is still acting like this with Abigail, that's a problem. But initially? Not really. Jackie Kennedy once made JFK sit in-between his mistresses to make him squirm. I read that in a book, so clearly this is all third- hand gossip. Don't take my word on this last tidbit. But I've read a lot about people acting a bit strangely after they've found out something like this. Most of them were nicer than Sami. Yet Sami's behavior with Abigail seems tamer to me compared to those other people's. So maybe that colors how I'm viewing the storyline.

If "other women" expect the fiancee/wife not to get angry at all, well, uh, that's just weird to me. I don't know how the fiancee or wife wouldn't get angry at all. That would take some kind of super human strength, and I've never heard of anybody having THAT when it comes to infidelity. Except for maybe the ones with sugar daddies? And even then...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don't get why being called a bitch is a bad thing. Just means the gal can take care of her own. Good for her.  Sami should say, yeah, I'm a bitch, what of it. Better than being a pathetic man-hungry crybaby which is what most of the women of Salem are. Bitch on, I say!

• Love 4