Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm glad BD was given time to portray Lucas's grief today. He certainly delivered as I knew he would. I cried.....guilty as charged! DH was great as well. Then we have AS walking into the police station in shock. She's gonna erupt! It may be misdirected at first, but I can't wait until she unleashes it.

I'm not even gonna get started on Ben getting aroused after murder. I just think that it was in poor taste for the viewers to be subjected to psycho sex during the aftermath of murder.

• Love 10

Haven't seen it yet either, but per Friday psycho sex was underway before or while Will's body was discovered. So I don't think Abby is getting it on knowing her cousin is dead.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 1

I'm glad BD was given time to portray Lucas's grief today. He certainly delivered as I knew he would. I cried.....guilty as charged! DH was great as well. Then we have AS walking into the police station in shock. She's gonna erupt! It may be misdirected at first, but I can't wait until she unleashes it.

I'm not even gonna get started on Ben getting aroused after murder. I just think that it was in poor taste for the viewers to be subjected to psycho sex during the aftermath of murder.

Bryan was outstanding! I was a sobbing mess... why does the show always give him the shaft..it started with the infestation of EJ....My apologies to the EJ fans on here..My boy got marginalized in favor of that rapist..I  know Lucas is not a saint, but just like Jack..They have never had the respect that they deserve...

• Love 9

So the Salem PD releases victim's names to the press before informing the families???  How tacky that Chad read it on the net before Sonny, Lucas and Sami were informed. 

I feel like we should have seen both sides of Lucas telling Sami. Speaking of Sami, how the hell did she get there so fast? It seemed like she just came from across town. Wasn't she in CA???

Would have been nice to have a mention of Zack, and Hope understanding their grief. 

On a lighter note, when Caroline urged Kayla to give Steve a chance, I really wanted to see Kayla find Steve, push him into her office, and kiss him passionately. Would be nice to see Kayla take charge and have a hot little romantic moment on this show for a change.

I love this entire post. I could not believe that Chad was reading about the murder before family members were notified. Once again, the Salem Police Duuhpartment shines.

Just reading about little Zachary breaks my heart. Still side-eyeing Bo for protecting Chelsea, hadn't been anyone else, he would have railed that they should have gotten the death penalty.

I guess the mantle of championing Steve has been passed to Caroline. Hope used to have that role in the Brady Family (along with Kimberly to a lesser extent), but Hope's not in the Steve is a great guy camp at the moment. As for Kayla taking charge, had she not taken charge, they never would have had a relationship. As Kayla pointed out, half her life has been spent loving, supporting and waiting on Steve and I think she is justifiably tired of it. She is right, Steve needs to put up or shut up before she will even consider looking at him in a more favorable light. Steve made his bed and now he has to lie in it till he proves hi,self worthy to stand. However, as I said before, I think the show runners are looking for a story that can fully redeem Steve in the eyes of his family and viewers. Bo got the I was held hostage justification. Steve has to get something hella good to undo the damage that was done to him by the previous writers.

• Love 6

Haven't seen it yet either, but per Friday psycho sex was underway before or while Will's body was discovered. So I don't think Abby is getting it on knowing her cousin is dead.

I am loath to defend Abigail, but she is actually innocent in Psycho sex...Ben seems to really get off that..

• Love 1

Okay. I'm ready for Sami, Lucas, Eve and Marlena to team up, rip Ben's entrails out and string him up by them.

Bonus points if they make Clyde watch.

Don't see that happening. It's been clear to me for weeks Abby will discover Bens the killer and bring him to justice (or kill him saving someone) so she can play both the victim card and hero card.

She's the greatest!

• Love 7

Bryan was most excellent today.  He should be given so much better material.  Thanks for the explanation on Sami's fast arrival. I looked up and there she was - thought she must have beamed herself there.

Regardless of what the complete intentions are, killing off Will and keeping Sparkle off screen except for a quick scene every week or three has effectively finished off any gay storyline in Salem except for a brief mention of Paul's experiences as a gay celebrity/athlete here and there.  I agree Freddie's leaving was a huge factor, but until Show proves itself otherwise I have to wonder if they gave into complaints about the gay romance/marriage storylines.

• Love 1

Bryan was outstanding! I was a sobbing mess... why does the show always give him the shaft..it started with the infestation of EJ....My apologies to the EJ fans on here..My boy got marginalized in favor of that rapist..I  know Lucas is not a saint, but just like Jack..They have never had the respect that they deserve...

Just my opinion Lucas had many scenes on days and held his own until GG joined Days.  Rafe did LUcas in when Sami was paired with him for four years.  I do not care about Jack since he spawn such as Abifail.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3

Don't see that happening. It's been clear to me for weeks Abby will discover Bens the killer and bring him to justice (or kill him saving someone) so she can play both the victim card and hero card.

She's the greatest!

Dear god no! I will go SAMI on this show if they pull that...

I hope Kate gets to off Clyde. She had to sleep with him, right? *shudders* Getting killed by the one person he fooled would be sweet justice...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Perhaps you are right, Bobcat1946.  I feel that the show broke up lumi in favor of EJami..Lucas and Sami finally got married and were solid..EJ was clearly the antagonist in their story. All of the sudden, there was a writing change for the millionth time and Sami fell for her rapist...Lumi was never the same again and Ejami swallowed the show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

When is Sonny back?

He was on today's episode, but not back in Salem yet.  Victor called him and told him to get back, that he was sending his plane for him.  

This is actually a big character to kill off and I'm kind of sad about it.  Whether or not people liked the character or the actor who played him, Will had ties with practically everyone on this show.  He is a legacy character in several ways over.  The child of a Horton and a Brady.  Married to a Kiriakis whose mother is a Johnson.  He was related to or in-laws with every major family, and friends or tied in with the ones he wasn't (friends with Chad, had a baby with Gabby).  I feel like practically everyone on canvas will mourn for Will in a big way.  Except for creepy Ben of course.  Not a fan of Abby, but when she finds out that not only is Ben a killer framing Chad, but that he killed her cousin whom she loved dearly, she will be a mess.

I wasn't always a fan of Will, heck I felt annoyed by him a lot of the time, but he was a staple to Days due to all of his ties.  I actually liked Will the last couple of episodes he was on, seemed more kind and sensitive to everything, wish they had played him more that ways right along.  And with GW losing his voice in those final episodes, he just seemed more vulnerable for some reason.  

It really made no sense for Ben to kill him.  I don't think Will was even suspecting him until he kept getting angrier and weirder for no reason.  It's like he just wanted to go off and kill anybody in that moment who didn't say exactly the right thing and Will was just the unlucky party.  Nice way to treat your best man, Ben.  What a creeper.

Lucas broke my heart today, so did Marlena.  I can imagine Sonny and Sami will too.  Even Hope and Rafe tugged at my heart strings a little today.  RIP Will Horton.

• Love 10

If Guy Wilson's acting had been at the level it was in his final scenes all along, I would have been much more on board with him and with Will as a character. Unfortunately, he spent his whole time on the show (up until the last day) taking me out of every scene he was in because his acting was atrocious. Although I do thank Guy for teaching me that some people can actually move their whole hairline when making expressions. Did not know that before.

I understand where many are coming from, mourning the loss of a legacy character, but really to me the fact that I don't have to see this actor in this role anymore is a good thing in my view.

• Love 4

Wow, what an episode, and Brian just nailed it.  You can see how entangled Will is in the fabric of the whole show by how many people his death effects.   I'll bet we never see JJ's, Adrienne's or Justin's reactions, though.

I was wondering why Caroline didn't know Bo had gotten free, if she was having psychic visions, but her last line probably means that she knows now.

Lucas needs to stop wearing red ties.

• Love 4

The last time I sobbed over a soap death to the extent I did today was when Georgie was strangled on GH. Like today I felt like I got punched in the face while watching these scenes. When Lucas said "he was a good boy, a sweet boy"..God..he tore me apart.

• Love 5

This is actually a big character to kill off and I'm kind of sad about it.  Whether or not people liked the character or the actor who played him, Will had ties with practically everyone on this show.  He is a legacy character in several ways over.

The loss of Will is huge. I remember when he was born and when Sami and Lucas struggled to coparent their son.  I remember mop head Will trying to keep his parents together.  Will living in that little apartment with Safe and helping parent his three siblings.  The struggles over his feelings with Mia and his conversations over a year with Marlena which stand out as some of the best on this show, ever.  Sonny longing for Will but keeping it to himself and letting Will find his way.  If Will was written out because he was irredeemable the writers have themselves to blame. At least we're rid of Sparkle. 

As much as i loathe the Trollop, he was her only friend.  Gabi's relationship with him was very strong and with Sonny they gave the baby a wonderful life.  Poor Ari without her father. 

I thought Frankie Frame's death that I can't forget, was more graphic but damn him laying there with his eyes open was shocking.  (Although I saw his eyes and mouth move.)  To have Effing Ben be responsible?  I went on another forum and the conversation was yay, now we can have Chabby.  Ugh! 

I would love for this to make Sami and Lucas closer although they're on great terms anyway.  Damnit that he has to grieve with Adrienne.  I completely agree that Rafe was wedged in between Lumi and I'll never forgive him or the show for that, among other reasons I dislike GG (although he's tolerable with Hope). 

If Suddenly Southern got a whole day to scream and cry and throw things, well weeks really, certainly this event deserved more than one scene.  I agree with whomever said Will should have been doing some real writing/investigating and with his usual stupidity, tried to confront Ben Doll.  He should have been warning Trollop.  JJ and Jenn should have been warning Trollop.  But nooooo, she's clueless therefore innocent.  I think not.  JJ tells her at the cop shop Creepy is very bad news, a drug lord, and she goes home and has psycho sex with Psycho.  I can't put into words how insulting that is to the audience to mix that shit up with grief over Will.  Did you notice Trollop is wearing a pillow?  It is creepy as hell the way he always has his hands all over her.

Please let Kate shoot Creepy after having a big showdown.  A scene made for fantasy Days. As for Psycho Ben I could take care of him myself.

• Love 4

What time of day is it? It seems like night-time.  Ari in the death park with Gabi was strange especially at night-time; I would have thought that the police would have had victim's services take her somewhere, to help Gabi and Ari.  Although the shot of Abbifail and Gabi hugging with Ari's sweet face framed by the two of them was pretty amazing.

How did Chad figure out it was Ben, or is that a hallucination (no doubt brought on by red light--green light) of Ben's at the end?

I don't think we saw Roman's reaction today or Kate's.  So many people are affected by this death.  There's also Carrie and Austin.  All the Hortons and the Bradys. Sonny's family.  And poor Caroline!  The shot of Hope telling Kayla, Maggie and Victor--Will's great-aunt, Will's great-great Aunt, and Will's Grandfather-in-law!

Daniel was there to support Jennifer for Paige's death, but now this is her own nephew, will he be there again? 

If the entire cast is not at the funeral that will be odd.

• Love 5

If Suddenly Southern got a whole day to scream and cry and throw things, well weeks really, certainly this event deserved more than one scene.

It was unsettling to see those two monkey's humping while the rest of the town was finding out about Will. All they do is have gross sex.

Given how Sami walked into the police station, I would have been very interesting in seeing how she reacted when Lucas told her Will was dead. I guess seeing more of Trollop and Serial Killer was more important. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I understand where many are coming from, mourning the loss of a legacy character, but really to me the fact that I don't have to see this actor in this role anymore is a good thing in my view.

Ya know I realized how much I never related to Guy Wilson when I wasn't really moved on Friday by Will's killing scene. Initially I just figured I watch too much horror films and drama shows and that's why the murder didn't faze me. But I found everyone's reaction to it today very sad. To me that speaks to how much I was disconnected to his character once GW took over. 

• Love 5

As I wasn't watching for at least 2 decades, I missed Will's birth, childhood, teen years, etc.  I only "met" him last summer when Sami was planning her wedding to EJ and he wrote the article about her, and went to LA, and then did everything else to make me dislike his character. 

Since Sami has been gone most of the time I've been back, I don't think of her as Will's mother.   I'm sure her grief will be sad, but for me today, the saddest scenes were Sonny, Marlena and Lucas, all of whom had scenes with Will since I've been re-watching.

The time of day still seems wonky in Salem.  The cable guy was supposed to come between 12 and 8, so it must be well past 8 now.  Yet Gabi is telling Ariana they can go for ice cream.

And, has it all been the same day of Paige's funeral. The day Abigail woke up not feeling well, then went out to breakfast with her fiance & father-in-law to be, then had pre-labour pains and went to the hospital, then came home, was about to rush out the door when Will arrived, told him she wasn't feeling well, then took off leaving him to wait for the cable guy, then went galivanting around town, then came home and made a romantic dinner for her serial killer fiance, who she then had sex with, and then rushed out of bed to take care of Ariana.  That's an full day for someone who was too ill to quietly attend her brother's murdered girlfriend's funeral.

• Love 8

Wow I cried during the entire episode. While I wasn't a big fan of this Will - it broke my heart watching his loved ones find out he's dead. And I did yell when Sami showed up at the station.

Camila & Bryan were just amazing - you felt the pain they felt. And watching Sonny listening to Will's message was heartbreaking. I do hate they killed a legacy character but his death will have ramifications on the whole town.

Ken Doll makes me hurl - he was the one thing I could have done without.

My one big pet peeve was that Chad found out on the internet before the loved ones had been told. They never release the victims name until the family's been notified.

• Love 6

I blame Ken Corday for every single problem with this show, because he is an idiot, it makes me feel better, and it's the truth.  Ken Corday can keep playing the "blame the previous writers game" but he has been doing that for years.  Not to long ago, Ken Corday was the one flapping his big mouth about how Will and Theresa were going to be just like Sami.

I wanted to smack Will numerous times, and I was disappointed in GW's acting, but Will was easily redeemable.  That nonsense is as bad as the "Chad is evil because he is a Dimera" idiocy.  Whatever mistakes Will and Chad made, they didn't come even close to being as bad as what the attempted murderers, murderers, rapists, kidnappers, pedophiles, and other criminals (which is just about every character on canvas) in Salem have done.

I really hope we get some decent scenes with Sami/Lucas, and Sami/Kate out of this horrible SL.

Also, if Andre Dimera can show up alive again so can Will.

• Love 9

This episode killed me, just killed me.   Putting aside whether or not killing off Will was a stupid-as-shit decision for the moment, what Show delivered to us today was some spectacular acting.

Even Rafe.  Rafe had me sniffling when he snapped back at Hope and she said "You watched him grow up" and Rafe's voice caught on his response.  Hope's reactions, both vocally and in her expressions continued to rip my heart out and Lucas, well, Lucas ripped it all the way out, threw it on the floor and did a River Dance on it.  BD was amazing.  

Continue on to Marlena - and even Jawn, then to Hope having to tell everyone at the hospital.  Such pros at work today, such delivery.  Victor calling Sonny had me choking up and Sami so stiff, so unwilling to let herself feel it, in her mother's arms, well, by then I was scaring the dog.  Even Chad, having to sit after seeing the news online got me.  And we're not done, many left to find out.  Pretty spectacular acting.  

I think killing Will, (no matter how much I didn't really like him) is a boneheaded decision, one of many I've disagreed with on soaps over the years.  Starting with Mary Ryan on Ryan's Hope, Anne Tyler on AMC - I was painting the kitchen a pretty awful peach tone, pre-vcr days, had on the tv and when Dr. Tyler walked out into the waiting room and said "she's gone", I threw my paint brush across the room and swore I was DONE with this show, DONE.  But of course I had to watch the funeral, and then....long story short I stuck with it for another 30 years.  Little kids dying on soaps is sad, but for me, characters like Will who have been around forever but are still young or youngish, connected to so many, have a greater impact long term.

But whatever, Show knocked me in the gut today, in a good way.  We got to see some stellar acting and I think we're in for some more for some time to come.

And Sami's back.  I have missed her more than I thought.

• Love 17

I just feel awful after watching today's show...and it has more to do with the non-stop murder & torture than the way it's been written. But yeah, I absolutely teared up with Hope & Lucas ..Marlena..and then a very numb looking Sami walks in. ( Supersonic transport...wormhole travel? Whatever...it's Salem). The actors are rocking this crapfest of a story which is what I figured.I am just so tired of this dark painful show...of this so called "shock & awe". Really not sure how much longer its gonna be worth watching it. Why watch something that makes me feel so lousy?

I was thinking...this can be all laid at the feet of Miss Abigail Deveroux. Every killing her wicked crazy murdering boyfriend did was because she couldn't keep her panties on. All to frame Chad. I blame her for not seeing his crazy. I blame her for lying to Ken Doll. Oh hell, I just blame her cause I cannot stand the character.

Also what Tiger Lynx said above ^ about Corday too.I blame him for the things that go wrong on this show...after all who hires these crappy writers anyhow??

• Love 9

Wow I cried during the entire episode. While I wasn't a big fan of this Will - it broke my heart watching his loved ones find out he's dead. And I did yell when Sami showed up at the station.

Camila & Bryan were just amazing - you felt the pain they felt. And watching Sonny listening to Will's message was heartbreaking. I do hate they killed a legacy character but his death will have ramifications on the whole town.

Ken Doll makes me hurl - he was the one thing I could have done without.

My one big pet peeve was that Chad found out on the internet before the loved ones had been told. They never release the victims name until the family's been notified.

I didn't catch whether that was an actual police feed or just a news feed.  Will being a journalist, all it needed was for any media person to hear about it and it gets posted.

This happened recently to a colleague of mine whose sister in law was killed in a train crash that was huge international news, and so it was all over social media. The family however, was trying to reach the two adult children of the deceased, both of whom were out of town/out of the country, and without having to tell them via text that their mom died.  It was very stressful and complicated.  Media were showing up at the deceased woman's neighbourhood interviewing neighbours who had no idea she had died.  

So in Salem, I can believe that one of the staff, or someone who lives in the apartment building, cashed in on this big news story, or just texted something that the news media picked up on.  It happens in real life, as my friend just experienced.

And, on another note, why is Lucas wearing a red tie?  I also feel like real police would have been able to track down who bought all those ugly ties.

I just feel awful after watching today's show...and it has more to do with the non-stop murder & torture than the way it's been written. But yeah, I absolutely teared up with Hope & Lucas ..Marlena..and then a very numb looking Sami walks in. ( Supersonic transport...wormhole travel? Whatever...it's Salem). The actors are rocking this crapfest of a story which is what I figured.I am just so tired of this dark painful show...of this so called "shock & awe". Really not sure how much longer its gonna be worth watching it. Why watch something that makes me feel so lousy?

I was thinking...this can be all laid at the feet of Miss Abigail Deveroux. Every killing her wicked crazy murdering boyfriend did was because she couldn't keep her panties on. All to frame Chad. I blame her for not seeing his crazy. I blame her for lying to Ken Doll. Oh hell, I just blame her cause I cannot stand the character.

Even worse, Kate's role in this is significant.  If she had not brought Clyde to town, Jordan would not have left and Ben would maybe not have gone off the rails.  Plus Clyde has been manipulating Babby's relationship, if he was not here, maybe they would not even be together (though that doesn't mean he would not have become a serial killer).

Come to think of it, Kate brought Jordan to town, and Ben followed.  She is a smart lady, she will come to the realization that she set this all in motion. 

• Love 4

I agree today was great with the reactions. A silent Sami is never a good thing. I'm just hoping that when Sonny arrives she doesn't take it out on him. My little heart leapt when Sonny showed up today, and even those brief scenes reminded me why I miss Freddie on the show. Yeah, Brian was definitely the stand out today, but Sonny's reaction was almost as good to me.

• Love 7

I thought we got a lot of great reactions from several people.  I don't like them killing off Will, but another thing that annoys me is I don't believe Ken Corday and the writers have the spine to follow this SL through to a really shocking event/conclusion.  Sami and Kate know Chad.  Kate and Sami are a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them.  Sami and Kate should not believe a word Ben says about Chad.  They should figure out Ben killed Will, torture and kill Ben and Clyde, and get away with it.

• Love 5

I don't care how much of a person she may be. The fault lies with the Psycho killer and only the Psycho killer. If he didn't like her sleeping with Chad, he could have dumped her and beat Chad's ass.

He's a freak.

• Love 2

I don't care how much of a person she may be. The fault lies with the Psycho killer and only the Psycho killer. If he didn't like her sleeping with Chad, he could have dumped her and beat Chad's ass.

He's a freak.

As much as I despise Abifail, I totally agree with you. This is one time that I have to say that she is actually innocent. Just beating Chad or finding love elsewhere would have made more sense than committing multiple murders.

• Love 3

Wow...today's show...bizarre.  Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

Gabi, telling this toddler that she's going to the police station...what? Are you just babbling?

Lucas...that was painful to watch..and not in a good way.  His grief just seemed so....bizarre.

How did Sami get there so fast?  She must have been on one of those super jets.

The way the writers handled this whole thing...with people finding out in fits and starts, bits and pieces....was just...bizarre.

• Love 2

Just did a rewatch after my live watch this afternoon. If anything, it was more impactful the second time around. Lucas's devastation, Sami's quiet numbness that you know is covering an unbelievable rage, Marlena staggered by the loss of the grandchild she was so close to, Sonny in denial because he was on his way to see and try to patch things up with Will (he will probably replay Will's message for months to come), Hope so crushed to find Will and having to tell Victor, Maggie and Kayla, the understandable decision not to tell Caroline, which will only backfire cause how do you keep that secret.

Being able to ff all things Abby, Ben and Chad only ramped up the angst and made the show much better overall.

• Love 7

Do Abigail and Ben go to bed at like 6 p.m. or something? I swear they're always sleeping while everyone else is running around town. I'm also really annoyed by this cable guy thing. Clyde just bought them a house, shouldn't they be getting ready to move in there rather than have the cable guy come to the apartment they're about to leave? I don't get it.

I really want to know what light bulb went off in Chad's head to make him suspect Ben of being the killer. Hope we get to see that tomorrow.

I'd watched Days off and on for most of my life but I quit many years ago during a time where it seemed like the show was non-stop Chloe/Brady(Kyle Lowder Brady) drama and since I could never stand Chloe/NB I gave it up. I only came back to see AS' exit because I felt like I grew up with Sami and then I got hooked again. Point being, I never really knew Will as a character until recently and I didn't really care for him/the actor, but his last few appearances I was starting to warm up to him. I'm sad they killed him off and Lucas' and Sonny's reactions just wrecked me. I didn't expect to cry about Will dying but I did. And Sami looks like she's ready for war, I'm interested to see what she does and how she reacts.

• Love 7

Happy anniversary everyone! (said in the most sarcastic voice imaginable)

What in the ever-loving fuck has possessed these writers? Oh yeah, it's Higley and Griffith, that says it all. Jesus, a celebration of the show's 50th ought to be leaving us with happy feelings instead of dragging us and practically every character down in gloom.

There was no need to kill Will off. None. I couldn't stand GW when he had to play anything other than just generically nice, and fervently hoped he'd be off my screen soon, but they so easily could have just sent him off with Sonny, and/or recast. Instead, for some cheap shock value, they threw away a character who was tied to practically everyone in town. A character who basically grew up on our screens, albeit with different actors in the role - but still, they really didn't do much SORASing of Will (they couldn't because of AS) and that's rare for a soap. It meant that despite Will still being so young, he already had a couple of decades of onscreen history. Again, that's rare for a soap, and it's not easily replaceable - it takes twenty fucking years in real time. And that's thrown away for some stupid serial killer plot featuring fricking Ben.

I wish a couple of actors had had more takes, but soaps don't make the time for that anymore. I think Bryan Dattilo would've benefited from a few run-throughs - he started off well, then veered into cringeworthy territory, then kind of rebounded. Freddie Smith was fine except for when he had to sink down - almost no actor can ever do that well, so I don't fault him, but it looked lame. Suzanne Rogers shrieked, predictably, which unfortunately overshadowed very fine, subtle work by Mary Beth Evans in her limited ten seconds or so. Deidre Hall and Camila Banus were uneven. Galan Gering was fine in his limited way (and I appreciated that the first person Rafe thought of was Sami). I would give the episode MVP to Kristian Alfonso for being consistently good. But pretty much everyone managed at least a decent moment. Well, except Kate Mansi, who started off terrible and remained terrible throughout.

And it's a shame that for the sake of informing Abigail, we've lost out on getting to see the initial reaction of a character played by another reliably good performer, Melissa Reeves. I don't know why they couldn't have just had Hope call Abigail instead of burning Jennifer for that purpose. It would've even made more sense in terms of how that phone call went, the rush of the caller to get off the phone while Abigail was still in shock and clearly would've liked to talk more - it would be natural for Hope, who's busy with the investigation, to not have time to talk, but it's weird for Abigail's own mother to be like "Will's dead. Sorry. Gotta go!" Sigh.

I hate that this is AS's storyline for the anniversary - I would've vastly preferred something more upbeat and fun, like her coming back to work with Kate on some corporate business project, and I really would've liked a Lumi reunion finally - but still, I'm glad to see her. I only came back for her exit and since she left, I've basically hung on for her return. I very much like the way she's playing Sami so far. No hysterics, but I can just feel how much she is seething with rage underneath. She gets an honorary co-MVP trophy. Welcome back, AS.

• Love 7

So much about today's episode.  I actually watched it through twice, which I never have done before.  The reactions of almost all were spot on.  Sad, that as actors/characters are leaving, they get their best air times.  (speaking to that, I wish one of you fine folks in the know would post a list of who is out, and who is in for the short term and long term.  I've given up trying to figure it out)  We have had Theresa and Eve stepping up, and now Will, Sonny, Lucas, with more reactions to come (Kate, Roman among them).  Marlena and John were OK, especially when you consider all the plastic surgery that has effected the actors ability to emote.  I have to say I was a bit distracted by Marlena's scene stealing collar.  At first it looked like one of those dickey collars that came un-tucked, but at the police station, it looked like a whole long shirt under a shorter sweater.  At any rate, I thought it was unfortunate that Carolyn Brady was given a new lease on life just in time to lose her great grandson.  I don't really hate on the characters, as the actors are portraying them the way the writers want them portrayed, but I am sad that Will was killed by Ben, as I have never liked any of the Weston clan - they have felt like pretenders since their arrival.  The other thing about Will's death that really upsets me is that with it went the WilSon marriage story line.  I think I will really be po'd should this now open the door for Sonny and Paul, especially since Paul has always seemed like an afterthought. DOOL did some groundbreaking with Will and Sonny, which was just wasted with Will's death.  

I feel the writing has gotten much better with this latest change - hoping it continues.  Seems like almost all of the characters have been written with some passion, which helps the actors actually be able to act their roles rather than phone them in.  

Hoping that there is actually something uplifting about the 50th Anniversary.  I know in soapdom, dead people aren't necessarily dead forever, but they didn't leave much room for resurrecting Will, unless the anniversary is going to be a reveal of a parallel universe full of all now undead folks from years past.  

• Love 6

So much about today's episode.  I actually watched it through twice, which I never have done before.  The reactions of almost all were spot on.  Sad, that as actors/characters are leaving, they get their best air times.  (speaking to that, I wish one of you fine folks in the know would post a list of who is out, and who is in for the short term and long term.  I've given up trying to figure it out)  We have had Theresa and Eve stepping up, and now Will, Sonny, Lucas, with more reactions to come (Kate, Roman among them).  Marlena and John were OK, especially when you consider all the plastic surgery that has effected the actors ability to emote.  I have to say I was a bit distracted by Marlena's scene stealing collar.  At first it looked like one of those dickey collars that came un-tucked, but at the police station, it looked like a whole long shirt under a shorter sweater.  At any rate, I thought it was unfortunate that Carolyn Brady was given a new lease on life just in time to lose her great grandson.  I don't really hate on the characters, as the actors are portraying them the way the writers want them portrayed, but I am sad that Will was killed by Ben, as I have never liked any of the Weston clan - they have felt like pretenders since their arrival.  The other thing about Will's death that really upsets me is that with it went the WilSon marriage story line.  I think I will really be po'd should this now open the door for Sonny and Paul, especially since Paul has always seemed like an afterthought. DOOL did some groundbreaking with Will and Sonny, which was just wasted with Will's death.  

I feel the writing has gotten much better with this latest change - hoping it continues.  Seems like almost all of the characters have been written with some passion, which helps the actors actually be able to act their roles rather than phone them in.  

Hoping that there is actually something uplifting about the 50th Anniversary.  I know in soapdom, dead people aren't necessarily dead forever, but they didn't leave much room for resurrecting Will, unless the anniversary is going to be a reveal of a parallel universe full of all now undead folks from years past.  

Good post!  

I watched the show again too, and I know we're not the only ones.  On my second viewing, I skipped everything but the Will-connected scenes and I think that they were all really effective.  Lucas had me even more choked up the second go around - outside Will's place, when Hope says "He's gone", and Lucas, so not wanting to believe what he's hearing, says "Who's gone"? - really got me. KA was excellent throughout, and I think GG had some really good moments as well.  IMO, they all did.  But I skipped Abigail because I just couldn't spoil any of it.

Even the scene with Maggie, Kayla, Victor, Hope, I loved, even with Maggie's yelp, and I hardly ever like Maggie these days.

Very good job on the actor's part this episode and I expect much more to come.

• Love 6

I don't have much to add to the already insightful comments posted here.  Totally agree that Brian D. was great in his disbelief, shock, and pain ... which makes me pissed all over again that he's one of several who have been pushed to the background while no-talent actors are on nearly every day. 

I also thought most everyone else - Dee Hall, Kristin Alfonso, Freddie Smith, Camila Banus, Galen Gering, and of course Allison Sweeney - were excellent as well.  When Marlena realized she knew how Will felt and how scared he must have been, that was so sad.  I thought her and Sami's hug was also well done.  However, it's difficult for me to be excited about Sami's return knowing how AS felt about TIIC killing off Will.  I'm also worried Sami's grief, and that of Lucas, Sonny, Marlena and Kate, is going to take a backseat to Abigail.  Speaking of, I've had more than enough of watching her have sex, especially with her murdering, piece of plastic boyfriend.

She's the greatest!

Unfortunately I can see this happening.  I will never understand why Ken Corday likes this character or KM as an actor.  She sucks.

Although I do thank Guy for teaching me that some people can actually move their whole hairline when making expressions. Did not know that before.

Ha!  His hairline really did move up and down in the most bizarre way.  While I'll always think they should have sent Will offscreen to do other things instead of having him murdered, I also won't miss GW.

• Love 8

There were times when I thought BD could have benefited from another take and then I thought, you know, that's what grief really does look like. It's not polished, it's emotional and sometimes irrational, so I'm glad it played the way it did. Like someone else mentioned, his "Who?" was quite good. I had a similar reaction upon hearing about a very young loved one's unexpected death. It took quite awhile to process that we weren't talking about someone else, so that hit home. Hope's reaction got to me the most, due in no small part to memories of Zach.  Still glad that Will's dead, though.

Steeling myself for the eventual witchhunt led by Sami and Lucas. I like Chad, and I'm really bothered that even before yesterday, he only has Rafe and Abigail on his side. Now that they think he's killed Salem's golden boy, he doesn't stand a chance. I would like to see Sami and family go after the right guy. and that's not likely to happen.

Speaking of Chad, I loved him coming through the window and surprising Ben. I still don't know how he connected the dots, but him confronting Ben was very soapy.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 4

Well, I didn't cry but it made me very uncomfortable. I didn't even know how much until later on when I realized that I kept taking breaks from the show to organize the recycling, then empty the dishwasher, and finally to take the garbage out. I think I needed those little breaks to get through the scenes with Lucas and Marlena. Yikes.

I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child -- and today's my one and only's 26th : ) I'm a worrying kind of woman, and very often when the phone rings my mind leaps to the worst possible reason for the call -- granted, I've fielded a few bad ones in my time, but it's still not a healthy way to go about life :)

On to more reveals today. I do wish they'd shown Chad connecting the dots, but man do I love seeing him fly through that window in his leather jacket and all. I'm a sucker for that, I guess (hello my old friend Patch!). Can't wait until Ben's takedown. CANNOT WAIT. 

• Love 7