Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

As for Adrienne having no presence in the Steve Returns plot, I blame it on too many plots suddenly moving too quickly all at once. It just royally stinks that Judi Evans has been trapped in her boring storyline for what...a year now? It feels like two. Was Adrienne this boring/unlikable back during her original run on the show?

Nope. She was great back in the day when they actually gave her a storyline. Her arrival on the show (segueing into the Jack as Billy Johnson arc) was one of the best storylines in Days history, IMO. 

Also, count me among those who find grown, supposedly "married" men with leather jackets and "bad attitudes" really disgusting for still having nicknames for their wives, whom they've largely ignored for decades and left to raise their kids for them. Referring to Kayla as "Sweetness" in front of their son just makes my skin crawl. Sounds like the type of thing a douchebag drunk boyfriend would say to try and signal his woman to hop into the nearest janitor's closet for a quickie while at a public function. Classy!

I really want to ask the producers why they currently have FOUR deadbeat husbands showing up back in town for the first time in forever trying to convince their wives and sons they're sorry for being absent. Overkill much?

Count with me: Steve, John, Eduardo and Bo on the way...

Well I personally don't mind the affectionate nicknames. Just because someone is older doesn't mean they stop calling their significant others by the names they always have. In fact, I think it would be strange not to have these characters use them since they're so closely tied to their histories.

As for the deadbeat dad thing, I do agree that it's overkill at this point, but I suspect that we wouldn't be suffering through them had the last writers not been so damn lazy in making them suddenly abandon their families--especially when it was so out of character for them to do so in the first place. I can see it would make sense for Eduardo to be deadbeat status since the character has no history to speak of on the show, but not John, Bo, and especially not Steve (considering he completely missed out on Stephanie's childhood since he was "dead" for 16 years).

• Love 5

What made Chad suddenly go running towards Marlena's closed office door?

If they want us to think that Ben is the killer, why would they have Clyde in black leather breathing hard right after the attack?  I'm confused.

James Read is so good at playing creepy. And Clyde was really shocked when Ben said he would kill Chad.

Jennifer is wearing that stupid untucked shirt under a short sweater again.

What was in that plastic bag that Ben sniffed?

• Love 2
I do agree that that creepy scene with Taniel and Marlena was not just a throwaway. It was placed in the show for a reason. The issue is whether or not the show will follow through with this reason, or if they will decide to disregard it later.

I'm sure it's there for a reason, but the reason is probably to throw us off the scent. Don't get me wrong - Daniel could be a really interesting candidate for Killer status and I think the actor might do well with that kind of a reveal, but at this point I don't want the writers tipping their hand so obviously, you know? Let me wonder if it might be Eric or Justin...or anyone else :) I'm actually enjoying the mystery and good one gives the reader several likely candidates.

So far, they've made Chad look guilty, and now Ben and Clyde are pretty clearly being spotlighted, with hints of Eric or Tan...I hope to see more possible culprits unveiled as well, and further clues...

What was in that plastic bag that Ben sniffed?

It looked like a lock of hair, but I really couldn't tell. It's probably a log of Abby's Vanilla and Roses-scented poo.

• Love 3

Ben as the killer makes sense, being that he has the biggest reason to want to frame Chad and get him away from Abigail.  But why wouldn't he just kill him straight out.  He even said he'd kill him today if (I can't remember what) happened.  So why kill innocent women?

If Clyde wasn't running from the hospital, they better address him power-walking again.

Definitely creepy scene with Daniel.

• Love 1

Well, if Ben isn't the killer, they better have one hell of a good explanation for that scene with the ties, etc

I would not be shocked by Ben but I would think it would be shocking if Daniel were - 

I'd just like them figure out Chad isn't the killer so they begin to look at others - that would make it more interesting to me as a viewer instead of us knowing it's not Chad and watching all of them trying to prove it is him.  

So - I do understand why Chad fled - what I don't understand is why he didn't find a way to make an anonymous call that Marlena needed help.  How was he to know someone would come along?  That bugged me - 

• Love 3

This Chad and Abby story could be great with a compelling actress.  But, not so much.

I had seen on FB that the killer was revealed today and thought the only killer that would have shocked me would have been Daniel.  When they showed his face in Marlena's room I thought they had finally shocked me. Of course, they would have probably made him an evil twin because God forbid his image is tarnished.

Still not ruling him/twin out.  Kind of thinking Ben was framing Chad with what he threw in the water. Otherwise, Ben as the killer? Not shocking in the least.

• Love 3

Is she really though? I personally despise her but I seem to find large amounts of love for her everywhere else I go and I. Just. Don't. Get. It. Is it just that Days is so desperate for a rootable "supercouple" that they're throwing Chabby at the wall hoping that they stick? Or is it just that everyone else is too blood-related to be a viable alternative? Seriously, I'm hoping that another female character arrives on the canvas to distract Chad from Abifail and her golden hoochie.

Sorry, but my hate level is high today.

I'm sure she has some strange fan base somewhere but it's pretty clear most of the folks here despise her and back during the "I want to be a mob mistress" storyline I used to pop on Days FB page from time to time. Whenever she was pictured, the top comments usually included things like "What a tramp" and "Get rid of this ho." Those comments were garnering anywhere from 500-1,000 likes, far more than any other comments. So I would think the showrunners would have to be clueless to not be aware.

Incidentally, wasn't Ben in bed with Abigail when Paige was being murdered??? I could have sworn that's was one of the next scenes that day but then Days time continuity is often wonky and Abifail spends at least 50% of her screen time in bed with someone so I could be off base. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6

As for Adrienne having no presence in the Steve Returns plot, I blame it on too many plots suddenly moving too quickly all at once. It just royally stinks that Judi Evans has been trapped in her boring storyline for what...a year now? It feels like two. Was Adrienne this boring/unlikable back during her original run on the show?

I've never liked Adrienne since the day she appeared on screen. She was always a thorn in Kayla and Steve's side/romance, even if it wasn't necessarily intentional.  And I always found her and Justin's supercouple storylines far less exciting than all the other ones. 

I really want to ask the producers why they currently have FOUR deadbeat husbands showing up back in town for the first time in forever trying to convince their wives and sons they're sorry for being absent. Overkill much?

Count with me: Steve, John, Eduardo and Bo on the way...

I'm curious about this new theme too. Like I said previously, it's like watching Days of our Deadbeat Dads.

• Love 3

Adrienne was just as clunky on Another World.  I have to admit though, I thought she and BD lit each other up but she did the right thing and is trying to work on her marriage now that Justin is finally agreeing to do so.  I like her for calling him out on wanting to go after any Dimera anywhere and I could slap the smarmy grin off his face into next week.  He's getting bad direction.

I think losing the JE/BD romance had to do with FS leaving the show.  They would have been on opposite sides of the WilSon marriage, that's what I was expecting. 

Yeah we can't depend on Days timelines seeing as there was a lot of teleportation today.  From under the bed to out on the dock? How could he leave tonight without thinking about how to get rid of the red tie box without Failure seeing?

There are still people who think EJabby were hawt hawt hawt. 

Edited by QuelleC

It looked to me like the flowers from the Dimera garden, like the one found by Paige's body....

Yes, that is exactly what it was.

I'm sure she has some strange fan base somewhere but it's pretty clear most of the folks here despise her and back during the "I want to be a mob mistress" storyline I used to pop on Days FB page from time to time. Whenever she was pictured, the top comments usually included things like "What a tramp" and "Get rid of this ho." Those comments were garnering anywhere from 500-1,000 likes, far more than any other comments. So I would think the showrunners would have to be clueless to not be aware.

Incidentally, wasn't Ben in bed with Abigail when Paige was being murdered??? I could have sworn that's was one of the next scenes that day but then Days time continuity is often wonky and Abifail spends at least 50% of her screen time in bed with someone so I could be off base. 

You'd think the showrunners would also be able to see with their own eyes that KM can't act worth a damn.  She says all her lines in the same flat monotone voice, she can't cry, she oozes smug when it's not called for and makes other bizarre choices, and basically just drains the joy and interest out of any scene she's in.  But yet, she's on three to four times a week.  And with the amount of time she's been on the last two weeks, she has to have surpassed Shawn Christian and Ari Zucker in YTD episode counts.  I keep hoping that someone in charge will finally get a clue, hire another 20s something woman or two, and send KM packing.

Anyway, I also thought Chad was in bed with Abigail when Paige was murdered.  But maybe he was able to sneak away - or more likely he told Abigail he was going to go get her a treat, since she's very easily distracted when you make it all about her - to strangle Paige.  His apartment isn't very far from campus.

Gross.  I still believe that James Scott could have been swayed into staying had he not been paired with her.

• Love 6

Gross.  I still believe that James Scott could have been swayed into staying had he not been paired with her.

I coudn't have said it better myself--gross indeed. I also agree that JS saw the writing on the wall--i.e. a pairing with Abigail and decided to get out when he could. Wouldn't surprise me if it's also why he's "too busy" to return for the 50th.  If KM finally ever gets the boot and JS returns, I think that will be confirmation. 

• Love 5

I really hope Ben is just a red herring or there's more going on, because that was really underwhelming. The stakes are so incredibly low for this storyline. The two victims thus far are characters that relatively few viewers cared about and who were easily removed from the canvas. Paige has only been integrated more into the canvas since her death; and Serena never was. Now our killer is someone who's not integral either? I guess I'm supposed to care because he's Abby's boyfriend? I don't. Considering how much they have hyped this story, I hope there is more planned and that it actually has significant fallout across the canvas.

• Love 4

Aside from going Salem Crazy, is their any motivation for Ben's murders?  Serena and Paige? Did he even know them or were they just random? 

I still think it's Clyde and Ben is holding the evidence...or they are joint killers sharing a brain. Ben had to loose the evidence since they are packing.

Clyde is a good character but the way he was introduced into Salem was so weird and clumsy. 

• Love 2

Ben as the killer makes sense, being that he has the biggest reason to want to frame Chad and get him away from Abigail.  But why wouldn't he just kill him straight out.  He even said he'd kill him today if (I can't remember what) happened.  So why kill innocent women?

Ha!  I was actually coming here to write this exact same thing!  

Seriously, if he hates Chad so much and is getting so jealous because his ho-bag fiancee keeps sniffing around Chad all the time, why not just clear him out of the picture?!  He barely knew Paige, didn't know Serena at all, and seemed to like Marlena.  Why want to kill them.  Meanwhile, after each attack, Abby becomes more defensive over Chad, sneaks around to see Cad more, etc.  Not really solving the issue here by adding more victims to the list.  Don't get me wrong, I like Chad and want to keep him alive, but Ben's approach to getting Chad out of the way makes no sense really...

Why would he want Abby anyway?  She cheated on him bigtime and he knows it and still wants her!  She seems kind of cold and selfish, she isn't that sweet.  I was actually looking forward to the day he confronted her on her cheating and wanted to see her squirm.  But noooo, it'll never happen or it won't matter if it does, because he's the "big bad" now.  Poor Jordan, her family is a hot mess really.

Dan seemed creepy at the end.  Wouldn't it have been awesome if they gave us the ultimate fake-out and he ended up being the killer?!  Would never happen though.

I remember when Paige first came on, I wondered if she would end up being Rafe's long-lost daughter from a fling with Eve.  Never thought he'd be her brother.  I can see it.  Kind of wish we had scenes with her and her siblings.  Good to see A Martinez back on TV.

Jen is looking nice lately, far less frumpy.  Still waiting for a Steve and Adrienne scene.  Wish they would bring back Jack.  

I like the scenes with Nicole, Theresa and Kate.  More woman-power!  Hope they work together.

• Love 6

Adrienne was just as clunky on Another World.  I have to admit though, I thought she and BD lit each other up but she did the right thing and is trying to work on her marriage now that Justin is finally agreeing to do so.  I like her for calling him out on wanting to go after any Dimera anywhere and I could slap the smarmy grin off his face into next week.  He's getting bad direction.

I think losing the JE/BD romance had to do with FS leaving the show.  They would have been on opposite sides of the WilSon marriage, that's what I was expecting. 

Yeah we can't depend on Days timelines seeing as there was a lot of teleportation today.  From under the bed to out on the dock? How could he leave tonight without thinking about how to get rid of the red tie box without Failure seeing?

Not imo.  He look like a child molester with a 14 year old.

Adrienne was just as clunky on Another World.

Woah woah WOAH now - dontchoo be dissing Paulina Cory Carlino! I'm gonna have ta get nasty.

Judi Evans was fantastic on Another World. It helps a heck of a lot that her storylines were great. Paulina cried, sure, but it wasn't constant and always used to great effect. Plus she was likeable. Adrienne seems to either be miserable or nosy...not attractive. Paulina was loyal, loving, a peacemaker (at least in the last few years of the show), and friend to all. Adrienne is...stuck. They really need to get her some screen time with Steve so she can become more human or something. Or maybe she can become Theresa's work friend's friend (I'm blanking on her name now but you know the one with the frizzy hair and awesome dialogue).

• Love 5

Yeah, I didn't feel like today proved that Ben was the killer. He didn't flashback to killing either woman or attacking Marlena, and it's always either flashbacks, a confession, or getting caught in the act that proves guilt on a soap opera. Plus, it made no sense - what, he went out and bought a bunch of neckties in anticipation of killing lots of women? Also, these things typically ramp up, and while Ben is jealous and controlling, his jealousy isn't irrational and unfounded (which would be a red flag, getting jealous for no reason - but it's entirely normal to be jealous when you know for a fact that your partner has cheated on you) and going straight from being controlling to strangling women is unusual (especially since it's not even his cheating girlfriend he's allegedly murdering, but women he barely knew).

I think the killer is someone else (not Clyde, either) and Ben got the idea of framing Chad for those killings and bought props with that purpose in mind (maybe justifying it in his own mind as believing Chad really is guilty, but that without help the police wouldn't be able to pin the killings on him - in other words, "framing a guilty man"), but then when Clyde told him that the police were searching for Chad he realized it wasn't necessary after all.

• Love 5

Anyone know what was in the plastic bag that Ben pulled out of the box with the neckties?  For a moment, I thought he might have a multiple personality.  When he was watching the news report about the APB out for Chad, he did this "thing" with his head and I thought, uh-oh, he's changing into another person.   Wasn't there reference a while back to some trouble he had while he lived in Florida?   Maybe it will turn out he was using neckties there as well.

• Love 2

Don't forget that Aiden had found out some awful things about both Ben and Clyde and decided to drop them both as clients...We were never told what had he had found out....Paige had recognized Ben from Florida and the show had dropped it..I wonder how the new writers will tie this back into the current storyline..If you guys read the Soap opera Digest interview with Rob Wilson that plays Ben, he pretty much confirmed that Ben is the killer..I don't even think Clyde knows how sick Ben is..Poor Jordan! She raised a monster....If Ben is a serial killer, he is going to get the urge to kill again... I expect a twist at some point in this storyline....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Abigail being the killer would certainly be a surprise, and make maybe a little more sense than Ben. She doesn't think either Serena or Paige is good enough for Eric or JJ. She is mad that Marlena is not clearing Chad's name quickly enough. I have no idea why Ben would attack/kill any of them. The setting up Chad theory doesn't wash with me, Ben's neither that devious or that smart. And why doesn't he just keep his killer ties on a nice tie rack in the closet? But since he was keeping them under the bed and they are not yet murder evidence, why not HANG THEM UP instead of throwing them into the river in a garbage bag that probably will not sink. Tell Abby he was trying to find the right wedding tie and just couldn't make up his mind. There is a lot that is not making a whole lot of sense here, and strangely, in just a few weeks, I have come to expect better from my show. I sound crazy, I know.

• Love 2

While that WAS a creepy scene with Dan & Marlena, I don't want him to be a killer (as some of you have speculated). What motive would he have??

For Serena, probably suppressed anger over her in part in what Xander did to Eric and Nicole.  For Paige . . . I don't know.  He does care about J.J., so perhaps her breaking up with him?  Even though, as we know, it's J.J.'s own fault that she did?

• Love 1

So I guess we are supposed to think that Ben is the killer because of the bag he threw in the river?     I just can't see it even with all the evidence we saw yesterday - I think he & Clyde are both red herrings - my money is still on either Dr. Tan or Eric (although I still haven't figured out what their motive would be to start this killing spree)    I do think that the killer is targeting people that Chad has had contact with  - it will be interesting to see who the next victims are & if/how they tie back to Chad

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure Ben put some kind of a metal weight in the bag with the ties and the yellow flowers. Does anyone else remember that? I'm already convinced it's Ben. He's always been shown to fly easily off the handle. Then something happened, i.e. he found out Abigail slept with Chad. He still wanted to marry her, which makes no sense, since they're so young and haven't been together all that long. What's worse, he wanted to marry her without confronting her about the infidelity and working through it. 

Don't get me wrong, Abi was wrong to sleep with Chad, and also is wrong to agree to marriage without disclosing it, but at least her actions make sense. Ben's make none. We're he in on Clyde's Ireland-Land-Grap-Caper, or something, maybe I could fan-wank it, but there's no reason this handsome young man should be this willing to marry a girl who is still so clearly hung up on her ex. Ben has been written as increasingly irrational and reactionary, throughout. I think we've seen the real killer.

The only thing that throws me is that physically, the body of the Man In Black who attacked Marlena looked a lot more like Clyde's body than Ben's, and we already know Clyde has a get-up like that, from when he attacked Aiden in the hotel. I'm wondering if Ben killed Serena and Paige, and now Clyde decided to go after Marlena as a copy cat killer.

The whole misdirection scene with Daniel was just strange, strange, strange. I really doubt he's the killer, even though he had more contact with both Serena and Paige than either Clyde or Ollie ever did.

I don't despise Abi and I like Kate Manzi when they write her something worth watching. My real life friends and family who watch, mostly feel the same way. I just get tired of arguing against the anti-Abi sentiment here, because it's usually expressed in name calling like "tramp," "Pennywise," or "Mob mistress,"or worse, rather than what she's doing right now. There's not really any way to engage in conversation with name calling, so to me, there's no point. Seemingly prevailing online sentiment doesn't convince me I don't enjoy the character or that I dislike the actress, so perhaps it's the same for the Days execs. I mean, I hate Sonny Corinthos (on GH)  with a passion, but I'm not going to go on the Sonny-loving Facebook pages and troll his fans, but I'm also not swayed by them.  

I have to say, at least here, when I do feel like disagreeing, I don't fear dying in flame war.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 10

So, am I the only one who's okay with Ben being the killer? Not just okay, but I think it's a fairly consistent development. They've been setting him up as unstable for a while, and, yeah, there was that weird throwaway thing months ago about Paige and Eve knowing him from Florida. It makes sense to be him, he has plenty of motive in trying to frame Chad and there's enough wiggle room with his whereabouts at the time of the murders. Other characters as the killer may be more shocking, but don't have as much in the way of motive. I don't care about being shocked, so maybe that's why I'm good with this? 

I'm more annoyed when I think about how they're going to explain his scenes yesterday if he's not the killer. That, to me, is the kind of thing that kills the flow of a story.

• Love 5

So glad you all pointed out that the baggie contained Dimeara flowers -- I thought it was weed and was gearing up to blast the show for intimating that the evil herb had made Ben turn all murdery. Phew!

I'm surprised the show tipped its hand so early in the game by having shadowy Dan look menacing. There's more to the long game here than meets the eye, and I like that the show is making me think this much about it. 

Love seeing the Dock back in action, although it's a different dock than before, right? The Salem River must be overflowing with evidence after all these years of people throwing their shit in it. 

I'm really liking the Jenn turnaround, too -- she's so much lighter now, even though she's in a heavy storyline. Her hair, her makeup, her clothes are all working to her advantage these days. 

Chad! I hope they move past him as a suspect soon, too, and I wouldn't mind if Justin had some egg on his face as a result. #teamchabby

• Love 4

Aside from going Salem Crazy, is their any motivation for Ben's murders?  Serena and Paige? Did he even know them or were they just random? 

I still think it's Clyde and Ben is holding the evidence...or they are joint killers sharing a brain. Ben had to loose the evidence since they are packing.

Clyde is a good character but the way he was introduced into Salem was so weird and clumsy. 

Ben knew Paige from where he lived before. 

• Love 1

So, am I the only one who's okay with Ben being the killer? Not just okay, but I think it's a fairly consistent development. They've been setting him up as unstable for a while, and, yeah, there was that weird throwaway thing months ago about Paige and Eve knowing him from Florida. It makes sense to be him, he has plenty of motive in trying to frame Chad and there's enough wiggle room with his whereabouts at the time of the murders. Other characters as the killer may be more shocking, but don't have as much in the way of motive. I don't care about being shocked, so maybe that's why I'm good with this? 

I'm more annoyed when I think about how they're going to explain his scenes yesterday if he's not the killer. That, to me, is the kind of thing that kills the flow of a story.

I'm fine with it being Ben. I think they've set up his decline into obsessive jealousy. I think there were more imaginative choices, though. Ben and Clyde don't matter to the big picture, particularly since we know Ben isn't even the father of Abigail's child. They're Jordan's plop-in/lift-out family. Jordan never mattered to the story (what a waste of Chrishell), and to me, her lift-out family matters even less. That's my only objection to it being Ben -- there won't be that much lasting resonance. When Gabi killed Nick, it mattered, because of who she is on the canvas, who she is connected to and who she killed (and his family legacy). When Nick killed whoever (I was on a break with the show, then), it mattered, because he's a Horton. Ben has never really mattered.

I'm just waiting for a spoiler that says the DiMeras realize Clyde is behind EJ's murder, and so they kill that bastard bloody. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3

I don't think the story is over just because Ben is revealed to be the killer. I think that there is another killer on the show that has  yet to be revealed..I don't think that Ben is  that intelligent to be that manipulative and deliberate in setting up Chad. Perhaps he has a partner and they are working together to achieve different goals...I don't think it is  Clyde.. I think the show  is tricking us in thinking that Ben is the sole killer and then we get that twist on November 9th.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I don't think the story is over just because Ben is revealed to be the killer. I think that there is another killer on the show that has  yet to be revealed..I don't think that Ben is  that intelligent to be that manipulative and deliberate in setting up Chad. 

But Ben had the flower petals. Do you think that was a partner's idea? I figured Ben has spent so much time lurking on the DiMera grounds (I'm really surprised Stefan doesn't have better security, by the way), that he got the idea to grab the flowers, while there. Of course, that would mean Ben would recognize the flowers as not-native to Salem, so yeah, that's a lot of thinking for Ben.

• Love 1

Some serial killers work in a partnership with one being the dominant one who plans everything and the submissive one who follows...I think Ben and his partner may have had a past together in Miami and they met up again in Salem...Sometimes serial killers may go dormant for years with no killings and then something may happen to start them up again...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure Ben put some kind of a metal weight in the bag with the ties and the yellow flowers. Does anyone else remember that?

I don't despise Abi and I like Kate Manzi when they write her something worth watching. My real life friends and family who watch, mostly feel the same way. I just get tired of arguing against the anti-Abi sentiment here, because it's usually expressed in name calling like "tramp," "Pennywise," or "Mob mistress,"or worse, rather than what she's doing right now. There's not really any way to engage in conversation with name calling, so to me, there's no point. Seemingly prevailing online sentiment doesn't convince me I don't enjoy the character or that I dislike the actress, so perhaps it's the same for the Days execs. I mean, I hate Sonny Corinthos (on GH)  with a passion, but I'm not going to go on the Sonny-loving Facebook pages and troll his fans, but I'm also not swayed by them.  

I have to say, at least here, when I do feel like disagreeing, I don't fear dying in flame war.

I saw him put a weight or something in the bag before he threw it in the river, but I thought perhaps it was the box he'd made for Abigail, but that didn't make sense.

As for Abigail, for me I'm not sure if it's the actor or the character or a bit of both, but I can't seem to like her.  I wish the story throwing her and Chad together was different, so that I could root for her trying to prove his innocence.  Yesterday when she and Chad were on the dock, I kept thinking this is sort of like one of the 80's couples, except I don't like the heroine.   I do like Chad.   And I liked Jordan.  And I liked them as a couple, so maybe that's part of my problem.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure Ben put some kind of a metal weight in the bag with the ties and the yellow flowers. Does anyone else remember that?

Yes, there was some sort of pulley or hook or something heavy that he put into the bag just before he threw it into the Salem River.

• Love 1

As for Abigail, for me I'm not sure if it's the actor or the character or a bit of both, but I can't seem to like her.  I wish the story throwing her and Chad together was different, so that I could root for her trying to prove his innocence.  Yesterday when she and Chad were on the dock, I kept thinking this is sort of like one of the 80's couples, except I don't like the heroine.   I do like Chad.   And I liked Jordan.  And I liked them as a couple, so maybe that's part of my problem.

Poor Jordan finally got interesting when they paired her with Billy Flynn's Chad. I can see why people don't like Abigail. To me, her behavior is typical soap stuff, so it doesn't turn me off. I'm interested in her story (when she has one) more than I like the character as a person. I think Kate's fine in the role, though.

Speaking about Jordan -- what is it that Days writers don't get about introducing new characters, particularly new females. Madison, Jordan, and Serena were all played by soap actors of at least some note, but they were all stuck into the same failure of a character-template: New girl has mysterious secret, one which we haven't yet worked out, and we may change our mind part way through, but it's a doozy (now with ceramics and shit).

Edited because I mixed up two actresses.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3

I like the idea of an accomplice or a copy cat down the line, if only because I think more people should die. (Was that mean?) 
But mostly, I'm loving that there's a debate about whether or not Ben was smart enough to weigh down the bag he threw in the river. If ever a box of rocks reference was appropriate!
I've always been indifferent at best to Abigail, but I do think that KM is doing better (faint praise, I know) and Abigail and Chad actually hold my attention. It does them no favors that their story is happening at the same time as a Steve/Kayla revival (and soon to be Bo/Hope), complete with flashbacks, though, as *that's* how you do this kind of story.

• Love 2

Poor Jordan finally got interesting when they paired her with Billy Flynn's Chad. I can see why people don't like Abigail. To me, her behavior is typical soap stuff, so it doesn't turn me off. I'm interested in her story (when she has one) more than I like the character as a person. I think Kate's fine in the role, though.

Speaking about Jordan -- what is it that Days writers don't get about introducing new characters, particularly new females. Madison, Jordan, and Serena were all played by soap actors of at least some note, but they were all stuck into the same failure of a character-template: New girl has mysterious secret, one which we haven't yet worked out, and we may change our mind part way through, but it's a doozy (now with ceramics and shit).

Edited because I mixed up two actresses.

Look at how the show introduced Eduardo....He captivated the scene with his interactions with Eve..I want to know more about their relationship...One thing that I notice about Eduardo, he is unapologetic for his choices in life....The show tried too hard with Serena, Jordan and Madison...They needed to slowly weave them into Salem, so that we could care about them...When Kate was introduced via Deborah Adair, the show did it in a good way. It was done slowly and organically. She was not forced down our throats, nor were any established characters sacrificed at her altar...Once we cared about her, we cared about her presumed dead children, her awful relationship with Curtis, her relationship with her son Lucas, her burgeoning relationship with Victor and her mysterious past with Bill Horton and her friendship with Marlena..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

The serial killer SL could still be good if the writers don't drop the ball again.  Ben could be the killer, someone realizes Chad is being framed, for whatever reason it looks like Clyde was the one doing it, and he is killed with everyone believing he's the murderer.  That would leave Ben walking around Salem free and clear able to kill more people.  Or, someone could find out Ben is trying to frame Chad, Ben is killed, and everyone believes Ben was the killer while the real killer is still out there.

I don't believe Ken Corday or the writers have the spine to make Daniel or Eric the killer.  If they did that, I think they might give them some stupid out like they have a split personality, and don't realize that one of their personalities is a murderer.  That would be dumb and has been done to death.  One of these guys being the killer would be surprising.

If Eric is the killer, I would love to see the look on Roman and Marlena's faces when they realize Sami isn't the only problem child.  Unfortunately, that won't happen because see above referencing spineless show runners, and because JT's and DH's faces no longer move.

• Love 6

I feel like my comments are being taken out of context. To be clear, the question was posed regarding how well liked she was beyond this board to which I replied that aside from the viewers on here, there were plenty on Days' own official FB page that did not like her character and cited examples of their comments of calling her a tramp and getting likes in numbers far beyond the other comments.  In today's social media world, I would think that the show's execs would use that feedback to some degree. Years ago, fans wrote letters to the studio, today they post on social media. Either way, when your success (or simply the ability to stay on the air) depends on ratings, viewer feedback is key. Soaps are a dying form, down to only four and only one on NBC. If the show wasn't worried about putting fan favorites on screen, they wouldn't bring back so many vets to please long time viewers. So it is particularly curious when a character/actress is pimped almost daily yet does not garner the same support that previous heroines did/do.  And the new writers (in one of those articles floating around) have acknowledged addressing fan sentiment with other characters/storylines.  

Incidentally, for the "mob mistress" reference I'll totally own that. She begged EJ, the son of the biggest crime lord in town, to be his mistress, practically throwing herself at him after he loudly proclaimed he loved his fiance more than anything else. I think that qualifies her for the title. And since she's still chasing Dimera tail it seems pretty current as well. She just switched brothers.  And oh look, Andre is back in town! I wonder if she'll cozy up to him next ;-)

Speaking of Andre....wow TP still looks good after all these years. It was good to see him back on screen. 

Disappointing that the killer storyline went no where today though after yesterday's reveal.

Ugg, I hope that fake Britta offspring is only a day player. This is the first time since SN has been back that I haven't enjoyed his scenes. That blatant knife tattoo is so obnoxious.  Surely Bo didn't really fall for whatever that girl was supposed to be selling....he didn't really think Britta was alive somewhere and would reach her at that phone number?  None the less I'm glad the girl is a fake. Please, oh please Days, don't ever go down the 'Britta had a baby and it's either Steve or Bo's' route. That is a road that I didn't realize until today I am so glad has never been traveled. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 8

Incidentally, for the "mob mistress" reference I'll totally own that.

Peanut6711, you shouldn't have to justify your opinions.  If you feel like Abigail is a wannabe mob mistress, name call away!

I don't despise Abi and I like Kate Manzi when they write her something worth watching. My real life friends and family who watch, mostly feel the same way. I just get tired of arguing against the anti-Abi sentiment here, because it's usually expressed in name calling like "tramp," "Pennywise," or "Mob mistress,"or worse, rather than what she's doing right now.

That's not true.  All of the posters here who dislike Abigail (or despise her, or are apathetic to her) have expressed over and over again exactly what their problems are with the character and the actor.  If some have taken to "name calling" as short-hand for that, so be it.  It's not right to denigrate their opinions because you disagree with them or are tired of them. 

• Love 10

I don't think KM is the worst soap actor ever but her lack of range and the way the writers have this bizarre habit of propping Abigail as this halo-ed young heroine when her actions more closely align with the usual soap vixen just makes for irritation on my part.  The daughter of Jack and Jennifer should be amazing.  Amazingly good or bad, but pick one.  

• Love 8

I don't despise Abi and I like Kate Manzi when they write her something worth watching. My real life friends and family who watch, mostly feel the same way. I just get tired of arguing against the anti-Abi sentiment here, because it's usually expressed in name calling like "tramp," "Pennywise," or "Mob mistress,"or worse, rather than what she's doing right now.

I don't know about others, but that is exactly what I'm doing. I've seen very little of Abby's history because, for the most part, I've been a casual Days viewer over over the past 20 years and just recently came back when I heard there was a new writing regime. All of the talk about her past actions mean very little to me as I've never seen any of them. What I do know is what I've seen over the past few months and there's very little she has in terms of redeeming qualities, IMO. She's wishy-washy at best and manipulative at worst. I don't know if the writing is letting her down or if it's due to shortcomings in KM's acting ability, but I simply can't stand the character and I don't sympathize with her at all. There are so many other storylines I'm enjoying right now but hers is just not one of them.

• Love 9