Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

She's afraid now that Xander almost shish kabab her ass when Shrewena told her to leave Xander alone cause he's dangerous. Also the way Dingy talks to people, he doesn't deserve any answers from anyone. If he didn't speak to people in such a judgmental tone, I wouldn't be so hard on him, but I think SC just doesn't know how to do that or be subtle with his acting. 

• Love 2

Today is Day One of the new writers.  Jen Lilley said that she was shocked at the immediate turnaround, with the broken leg storyline getting resolved so soon.  I hope this is going to mean a turnaround for Theresa.

"Marriages in Salem are less successful than the national average."

"Who in their right mind would fake something like this."

"Your ego must be bigger than God."  Yeah, we've been saying that.

I think Xander is up to his elbows in steer excrement, not pig.  :D

Kalya (or somebody at the hospital) called Eric about Caroline, and Kayla is trying to get a hold of Theresa's parents, but nobody called Theresa? Why is Kayla calling Caroline "your grandmother" to Eric, instead of "Mom"?

Does Stefano think that killing Ben wouldn't make Abigail think that he wasn't involved?

Ugh, Nicole is doing the half-tucked thing with her shirt, too.

I wonder if Xander is going to go after Victor.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3

Today is Day One of the new writers.  Jen Lilley said that she was shocked at the immediate turnaround, with the broken leg storyline getting resolved so soon.  I hope this is going to mean a turnaround for Theresa.

"Marriages in Salem are less successful than the national average."

"Who in their right mind would fake something like this."

"Your ego must be bigger than God."  Yeah, we've been saying that.

I think Xander is up to his elbows in steer excrement, not pig.  :D

Kalya (or somebody at the hospital) called Eric about Caroline, and Kayla is trying to get a hold of Theresa's parents, but nobody called Theresa? Why is Kayla calling Caroline "your grandmother" to Eric, instead of "Mom"?

Does Stefano think that killing Ben wouldn't make Abigail think that he wasn't involved?

Ugh, Nicole is doing the half-tucked thing with her shirt, too.

I wonder if Xander is going to go after Victor.

Okay, that made me lol for reals.  Cause when I saw her half-tucked shirt, I had a feeling I would read about it today.  I did like that she had jeans on, so normal.

I noticed that "your grandmother" thing to and that is definitely an odd way to speak.  And we saw that she called Roman, but it looked like Eric was the first call.  Theresa definitely should have been called--what other Brady grandchildren living in Salem are there?   Ciara is too young but someone should have called Hope.  

• Love 2

Sami was right when she warned Ben, and he was stupid for not listening to her.  I think it would be hilarious if Ben cheated on Slappy, she ran to Chad, and then he cheated on her once they were together, but it wouldn't really matter.  Everyone would line up to tell Jar Jar how great she is, that nothing is her fault, and Ken Corday would already have another guy in place to worship the side piece.

I hope the writers take Theresa in a completely different direction that no longer involves Brady or Victor in any way.  The only contact she has with Brady is regarding Tate.

Nicole, Eric, and Daniel are still dumb and boring.  Xander and Serena still have no reason to be in Salem.

• Love 4

Proof that the new regime is now in charge:

1) Theresa wasn't a scheming snake. She called out dopey Brady (interesting that Brady remains a dim bulb, that at least is consistent with Kyle Lowder's portrayal) and admitted her ish when caught.

2) Kayla realized that she knows people in town who are not named Abigail, and that she is actually related to some of these people. Kayla was allowed to have scenes with people who are not named Abigail. What's next, she'll realize she has children of her own who she hasn't spoken to or seen in forever? She has a younger brother who she was always super close to, who strangely has not contacted his family in forever? A doctor is supposed to have ethics and not violate them in support of the slutty demon seed and that she used to be that doctor until demon seed Abby cast her evil spell on her [Kayla]?

Proof the it will take months to undo the damaged state of this show:

1) Abaigail hasn't been shown for who she is and forced to leave town in disgrace (she miscarried by the way, freeing the new writers and the Chad character of her). The character can be recast and return a year or so later. Giving viewers a chance to detox and recover.

2) Over tanned is still there and Nicole is still saddled with him.

• Love 5

Eric even looked at Theresa and still walked without telling her about Caroline. I thought that was odd. I thought the cast storyline would go on for months. So, maybe the regime has started. I through Xander & Serena would be gone bye now. Jeez! Talk about beating a dead horse to death.

• Love 2

I had the oddest feeling come over me today while I was watching Show.  I couldn't identify it at first, because although it was faintly familiar, it was something I hadn't felt in a long, long time.  Then it hit me - I was actually ENJOYING more of it than I have in ages.  Think of that!

When the evil Xander showed up to taunt Nicole, she actually got to speak back to him, to scorn him, instead of cower in terror until she was rescued by Dan/Eric/Brady/Chuckles the Clown, any man will do, choose your pick.  Oh, he showed up later, but still, the little wommin actually got to show her stuff there for a while.  It's been a long time since that happened.

Chad stumbled in to TBD while Ben was verbally slobberin Abigail with his favorite word, AMAZING, while she smiled her single digit IQ at him while he embarrassed himself.  I'm not feeling any sympathy for Ben - at all, though.  He's like the Chatty Cathy doll with only a couple pre-programmed phrases, one of which, "YOU'RE AMAZING", seems to be on a continuous loop when he's around Abigail.  He's always blathering on about being in love with her, but it looks like he's just as invested in beating Chad.  While it was a lot of the same ol', same ol', for the majority of the time, Abigail kept her trap shut.  That alone made the scenes superior.  

Sean Christian really is one of the worst actors in daytime I've seen since Cameron Mathison ruined AMC.  He arrives in the park and begins over-enunciating - saying to Xander, "Gitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt awwwwwwwwwwwwwwway from herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".  The he almost chest bumps him, flexes his muscles, clenches his jaw and generally looks like an ad for an overnight laxative.  The guy just sucks as an actor.  We did get to see the child who plays Parker, and IMO that kid is just a hoot on screen every time he's there.  What a happy child.  

The real reasons I liked today's show was defiinitely Peggy McKay.  I love that woman.  I'm afraid of where this stroke might be heading for the character, but we saw good performances today from her, from Kayla, from Theresa, and even, at the end, from Brady, at least as good as he can give.  Theresa's words to Caroline were very touching, something the character needs to say, needs to embrace more than we've seen in quite a while.  If this is part of the turnaround in the show, then I'm encouraged.  

The stuff between Victor and Xander, on their own, didn't do much for me.  But I'm thinking this is probably a buildup to a storyline that could be good.  If Victor is exposed, and loses Maggie and Daniel, then it will be champagne for everyone if he's freed of these two.  In any case, I'm interested to see what the longterm Kiriakis storyline will be.  

I liked today.  Now I'm just afraid we'll be back to Sneasel and Co. tomorrow.

One thing - Kayla saying "your grandmother" rather than "Mom" to Eric is how my family and most everyone back home would talk.  My mom or dad, talking about their parents, would never identify them to their children by calling them Mom or Dad, they'd always say "your grandmother or grandfather", or when there were only one of each left, maybe "grandma" or "grandpa".  

In the same way, when I speak of my parents to my nieces and nephews (who are all adults at this point) about my parents, their grandparents, I never use the term "Mom" or "Dad", but always, when speaking to them, use the grandparent term, since the people I'm talking about to them aren't their parents but their grandparents.  So to me, that sounded perfectly natural.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Yay, new to this site! Anyhoo, why didn't Eric tell Teresa, also a Brady grandchild, that THEIR grandma was in the hospital??? Didn't he just run out, saying that HIS grandmother was in the hospital?

Edited to add-Why the hell are Serena and Xanadu still here???

Edited by Prairiemakeup
  • Love 6

Yay, new to this site! Anyhoo, why didn't Eric tell Teresa, also a Brady grandchild, that THEIR grandma was in the hospital??? Didn't he just run out, saying that HIS grandmother was in the hospital?

Edited to add-Why the hell are Serena and Xanadu still here???

With Eric, who knows?   The guy isn't that smart.  Even with Brady in the same room, and that should raise anyone's IQ.

And yes, why ARE Serena and Xander still here??

BTW, welcome!!!

Billy Flynn is a decent actor and has been doing a good job with the material given. The character of Chad however? My two main problems with him is his shit taste in women and also that he is what is passing as a Dimera these days. Sometimes I just feel like Chad is a kid playing dress up in the Dimera suit closet. A Sears 'bespoke' suit and sitting at a chessboard once in a while does not a Dimera make.

Yes -- this! Sometimes I think Flynn is better than decent, and sometimes he seems only slightly better than the material, but otherwise I agree.

2) Kayla realized that she knows people in town who are not named Abigail, and that she is actually related to some of these people. Kayla was allowed to have scenes with people who are not named Abigail. What's next, she'll realize she has children of her own who she hasn't spoken to or seen in forever?

Heh. This might actually happen. I understand that a number of People Not Named Abigail are due for an appearance or two.

Can we officially add "Xanadu" to the list of nicknames for Xander, please? (And maybe also "Xanax," because.)

• Love 2

Abby doesn't seem ready to have a baby (that isn't EJ's anyway) so I'm kind of surprised she isn't freaking out more as opposed to simply being depressed she can't have Chad.

Heh. Give her time. I'm pretty sure the tears or what passes for tears & crying isn't over yet...unfortunately. I hope my FF button doesn't wear out.

• Love 2

Kayla is in a weird position of being a day player with a contract.  I blame the writers for making her prop the Failure. 

I don't know which duo is more stupid.  Brady and Eeyore or Jawn and Roman. 

• Love 4

I think Eric did say his grandmother was at the hospital and he had to go but he didn't say it to Theresa, and he just kind of ran out and then she followed after him.  It was odd.

Boes, I think I now agree, when I would talk about my parents, to their grandchildren, I would say Oma  or Opa etc.  I think now why it seemed strange was saying "your grandmother" instead of Grandma or whatever they all call her.  I have to say I find it helpful when they do these things because I am constantly trying to remember how people are related.  Today when  Nicole said something about Victor and her relationship with him, I had a distant memory of when I watched long ago and I think she was married to Lucas and living in his house.  So that would have been a good callback.  Especially for the intermittent viewers amongst us.  I am still reeling from what I learned here about Victor and Kimberly.  And it makes me think how awful it is for Theresa to be in that house, kind of disgusting.

• Love 2

If the writers REALLY want to improve the show they will kill off Abifail, have a legally binding contract drawn up that will prevent the character from ever been resurrected, and ban KM from all NBC Universal and Sony shows/movies.

• Love 9

Totally agree.  I don't know why Days has such a difficult time keeping women in their 20s, and yet KM just hangs around and then gets the whole damn show written around her shitty, shitty character. 

Anyway, Abigail's death could really drive some great stories for Jennifer and JJ.  Please new writers, make it happen.

I also don't feel sorry for the mannequin.  He knows Abby cheated on him and in fact has a history of cheating (does he know about her gaslighting Austin?) and he still wants to marry her.  I think boes is right, and this is becoming as much about beating out Chad as it is being the winner in a contest for the fugly Abigail.  Whatever.  Chad needs to move on while I still like the character.  I won't be able to hand wave his strange attachment to Abby much longer.

Hopefully today marks a new beginning for Teresa.  Poor Jen Lilley has been stuck in such horrible stories.

I'm also looking forward to what happens with Victor.  And yes, why the hell are Xander and Serena still here?

• Love 7

I only saw the last 15 minutes or so yesterday, but during the Abigail / Ben scenes I found myself thinking how sweet it could have been if it was just a young couple who were in love and planning their new life married with a baby.    Of course the angst would come when something eventually came along to interrupt their boring happiness, but why can't a couple start out without all the baggage of cheating and someone else likely being the father of the baby.

• Love 2
He's always blathering on about being in love with her, but it looks like he's just as invested in beating Chad.
That is a better explanation than him actually thinking she's so AMAZING and worthy of the praise lashed upon her.
  • Love 3

Dude - even if they believe that she IS this great awesome A plus lady like Diane Sawyer combined with Charlize Theron mixed with Audrey Hepburn like the way they gush...

they go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on ....

about it. Which is just really unnatural for anyone to do and fucking boring and redundant.

I think Chad was brainwashed by Steffy and they crappy writing forgot to reference it. And Stef switched Will out with another child. The real Lumi offspring who isn't a disloyal punkass will arrive next yr.

• Love 4

I was actually proud of Ben today when he actually questioned Abby's alleged purity and awesomeness and then he questioned if he's really the father and he had no problem believing Abby could conceal the real paternity.

Wow, that's one great girl you got there, Ben :)

Hope and Aidan continue to break my heart--they are so adorable together and they are being destroyed because Bo is returning--DAMN!!

• Love 4
I was actually proud of Ben today when he actually questioned Abby's alleged purity and awesomeness and then he questioned if he's really the father and he had no problem believing Abby could conceal the real paternity.
Did he actually question HER? or is this something he was asking himself or Clyde?

Did he actually question HER? or is this something he was asking himself or Clyde?

It was in a conversation with dear old dad, but not only was Ben allowed the thought that Abby might not be that awesome, but he was also able to say it out loud.  Progress my friends :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bo is the only non-criminal psychopath that Hope has ever dated, right?

I think you are correct but maybe I'm mis-remembering?

• Love 3

I can't recap anymore, because I'm so tired of the fucking Jar Jar Show. She was on 3x a week last week, 4x a week the week before that and I know it's going to get worse because she's already on 2x a week this week. I know it will get worse because Days tweeted that they're invested in Chad & Jar Jar so new writers suck just as bad as the old ones.

Also having to constantly look at Dark Roast and his constipated face, maybe SC should take some Pepto before each scene he shoots. 

I also can't stand Eeyore always having a change of heart when some tragedy happens, just STFU Eeyore.

Hope is just turning into a damn nosy ass.

Mannequin is just dumb as all fuck.

Just about every last character is written so horribly. No exciting storylines, all suck. Maybe I would want to recap when Chad & Jar Jar story take a backseat

• Love 5

Wow, that's one great girl you got there, Ben :)

!!

YES!! It seems like Ben got the Salem brain today and actually took it for a little drive. He was able to put together Abigail being 8 weeks pregnant and she and Chad having sex 8 weeks ago - it takes some people years to reach that conclusion. Also, he wasn't immediately ignoring said brain's knowledge and power by listening to dear daddy's excuses, etc. Hang onto to that brain, Ben, and ride it all the way out of town immediately - don't look back!

• Love 3

I know it will get worse because Days tweeted that they're invested in Chad & Jar Jar so new writers suck just as bad as the old ones.

Really? I heard they were going to be heavily featured, but I didn't know if the new writers were going to take the characters in different directions.

Thanks for posting!

Edited by Sidney

Much to my surprise, Day 2 of me watching Show while not playing Spider Solitaire at the same time.  Overall, I enjoyed the tone of today's episode.  All of the scenes concerning Caroline were very good IMO.  I admit I'm a total sucker for the authentic heart that soaps have done so well over many decades, and it's something I've missed a lot as so many shows devalued relationships, dismembered families, (sometimes literally) and moved to plot-heavy, characterp-lite storytelling.   GH doesn't even pretend to have an emotional center, Y&R is missing one, and will continue to not have one under its current regime, and B&B I don't watch.  But today, Days showcased theirs and did it so well.  

Peggy McKay is such a pro.

I'm a Hope and Aiden fan, so watching their scenes was certainly bittersweet with certain things we've heard rumored.  I think these two match up so well.  

I guess today was Ben's turn to hold the Salem brain!  He coolly laid out the possibility that the Amazing Abigail might just be using him, might just be even lying to him.  IMO,  with him sticking with her after what she told him and what he knows tells me that his rivalry with Chad is a VERY important component of his Abigail love.  He didn't so so enchanted with her at all today in his conversations with Creepy Clyde.  

Maggie was marginally less annoying today with Nicole, and if the new regime is responsible for that, I thank them.  And Nicole was not back on the apology tour, at least not full throttle.  All good.

Eric's opinion of himself is still so ludicrous.  So he thinks that God put Serena with Caroline when she had her stroke so HE could think about things differently??  Ah, Eric, God just isn't that interested in the utterly wierd way his brain works.  If it works.  I don't think God gives a rats ass about Eric's love life, and I sure as hell think God lets Eric's prayers go to voice mail whenever She can.  The guy is such a self-involved flake.  Pretty hair will only take you so far.

Abigail was just AMAZING today, wasn't she?   I mean, how touching was it to see her tear up again - and again - and how moving it was to see that even her hands were trembling.  Abigail is just overflowing with compassion and pity and concern - for herself.  As always, Abigail saves her most precious thoughts and feelings for the person she loves the best.  That poor kid doesn't stand a chance with this nutcase for a mom.  Hell, Theresa may not be any bargain, but Abigail is  as mean as she is nuts.  And now Ben is seeing she's also a constant and assured liar.

Funny how we never saw any tears, never saw her hand tremble, never saw her worried when she was drugging Austin, lying to him, betraying Carrie.  Nope, no tears, steady as a rock until she got caught.  Then we had the tears and the shaking.

And not a single tear, not a single shaky moment when she was climbing Mt. EJ every chance she got, when she was following him into the shower, the storage closet, the boardroom.  Not a single shaky moment while she let Sami take care of her during her pregnancy scare, not a single uncomfortable look while she lied through her teeth to not only Sami but everyone else while she pursued EJ, betrayed a friendship.  Oh, well, at least not until she got found out, and then it was mainly the embarrassment.

And she always had a steady hand, no shaking, when she did her bi-weekly walk through Horton Square to slap one and all.  Not a tear if she couldn't get them there and had to follow her victim home and slap them there.  Our Abigail was one strong woman then.  

She's a nasty, lying little sociopath and her upset now is, as usual, about herself and herself only.  She could give a shit about roping Ben into marrying her or denying Chad his kid.  She's quite the heroine.

The new showrunners are already fixing the tone of the show, but I don't see how it's possible for anyone to redeem this useless character.

I actually felt a little bad for Jenn today, with that horror for a daughter. 

But, rant aside, wasn't it nice to see some good actors given something decent to do today?

• Love 10

Totally agree.  I don't know why Days has such a difficult time keeping women in their 20s ...

I think I do. The women in their 50s are being written as if they're twenty-year-olds, so there aren't distinct stories for the younger generation of women to play. Well, that, and the fact that the show's attitudes to women appear to be from the 1920s, of course.

Yes, yes, Ken; the audience wants to see the vets back again -- but surely not to play exactly the same stories that they played 30 or more years ago!

• Love 6

Something about this show that has annoyed me for years is - when Sami and Lucas finally got married, they were solid.  Despite everything EJ and Stefano tried to do, Sami and Lucas stayed together.  Sami and Lucas not knowing who the father of the twins was after EJ raped Sami, Stefano constantly threatening the Bradys, and Andre running around Salem killing people were real problems.  Then after all that, the writers threw Lumi away.

Slappy chose her current circumstances, and so did Chad and Ben.  Now the boring twit will probably get a happy ending when Sami and Lucas didn't, and so many other better characters and couples didn't, and that sucks.

• Love 7

Maggie was marginally less annoying today with Nicole, and if the new regime is responsible for that, I thank them.  And Nicole was not back on the apology tour, at least not full throttle.  All good.

Higley has always been a fan of Nicole, so I can see why she might've dialed things back for her.  She wanted her point of view to finally shine through again, and it did.

• Love 2

Can I get a refresher on the nicknames, please?

There's a thread called Hall of Nicknames which is some helpful and funny reading that helps people sometimes.

Also and this is just a general comment - there's a q&a thread which is so kind and informative I like.

• Love 2

I think I do. The women in their 50s are being written as if they're twenty-year-olds, so there aren't distinct stories for the younger generation of women to play. Well, that, and the fact that the show's attitudes to women appear to be from the 1920s, of course.

And the women who are older still, are being written younger as well.   That's a problem with botox, fillers and plastic surgery.  No one grows old. Except for Victor, Stefano & Caroline, none of the older characters look their age, therefore they are written to act much younger.  Not that I blame the actors for wanting to look and act younger, but it does limit the stories.

• Love 1

Seriously Abifail stop your damn crying - it's so annoying to watch her cry every damn day - I really wish she & Bollie would just up & leave town - Salem would be a lot happier place without those two idiots.

I do love Hope & Aiden (but I also love her with Rafe too) so I'm hoping she doesn't go running back to Bo as soon as he comes back.

And can Dr. Tan take a flying leap?    And I really really hate that they have saddled Nicole with him.

Oh & I loved Drunk Chad (actually I just love Chad in any way shape or form)

• Love 4

The only way I can stand to stick around us to ff through all of Abigail's scenes. I just can't with her. I have never seen a more poorly acted, self-entitled, self-serving, delusional character and I've been watching Days since I was being watched by my aunt during summers. Too give you a sense of how long that has been, I remember when Marlena first came to Days.

What I don't understand is how a bad actress who has zero chemistry with either of her equally bad co-stars, well the guy who plays Chad seems to be the better of the three, but is that truly saying much, came to be the epi-center of the show to the point that every established character serves as a prop for her. I refuse to believe that there are viewers who are not under the influence of something powerful who legitimately like the pairing of Chad and Abby; she's barely passable as a human being, and his utter do-nothing blandness proves it might be time to hang up the Dimera Family. Setefano is a mere shadow of a shadow of his former self. No Tony, no Lexie, no EJ, no Benji, no Renee (still haven't forgiven the show for the last two genius moves).

Eric is just as dumb as Brady. There is something sweet about their brother-like closeness. Perhaps I will call them the dimwit brothers.

I actually liked Ben for the first time. I mean he actually questioned the AWESOMENESS of Abigail.

• Love 8

Your post is awesome happytobehere, it is time for the Dimera family to fade like the wind....The Kiriakis should become more prominent with Sonny's brothers, Brady and Philip fighting for control of Victor's empire....Perhaps, that can bring Andrew Donovan home to bring them down...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Oh & I loved Drunk Chad (actually I just love Chad in any way shape or form)

Oh yes. There is another Chad fan. LOL. 

I hope that this Abifail thing makes him go full on Dimera for awhile...at least until he discovers the spawn is his.

• Love 3

Even raccoon Jen doesn't deserve to get stuck with Abifail as a daughter. And you just know that she'll be the one taking care of the demon spawn because Abistank will be too busy cheating and having sex in supply closets. Assuming that the spawn somehow manages to survive for nine months in that hostile alien womb. 

• Love 7