Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E12: The Guy Who Parties Too Hard

From Beard Weave to Tyra Turban. All this tells me is Lord Voldemort is back!

Putting the beer can on Adam's portrait was inspired and probably Adam's idea. And I burst out laughing when he stacked the stuffed animals and deadpanned "Its art".

And Chantelle is arrogant, in case anyone forgot.

• Love 5

It's just my opinion.. but no way Keith should have received top photo and that ad campaign.

Will earned that reward. He nailed that photoshoot with very little direction.

How amazing is it that Tyra picked Keith's ONE and only good shot. He got all 10s and she never once mentioned how he struggled at the photoshoot.

And she picked Adam's one good shot too. Keith, Adam or Chantell should been sent home... not Raellia.

Chantelle should have gone for telling that bold faced lie about changing her makeup and hair. But of course she stayed so we can see her confront Yu Sai about calling her Panda.

Despite Tyra's hormones, I don't think Keith has what it takes to be a model. No one will hold his hand through a shoot like Tyra does.

Adam needs real intervention. Not another week in the competition. He was so drunk in the confessional.

• Love 5

I did not particularly care for Will's picture. IMHO, neither he nor Keith deserved FCO. Will's was awkward. I liked Keith's photo overall, but there is a glaring shortcoming in his not showing the product.

I thought the best photos belonged to Shei, Chantelle, and Lenox. Bottom two should have been Adam and Raelia. Raelia deserved her boot with that atrocious photo.

• Love 1

Oh, sure. Let's tell a girl that she's "too sexy" for a product, and then make her get down on her hands and knees, but caution her to not make THAT sexy. That whole thing reeked of sabotage.

I still like staring at Will. 

• Love 17

That was so stupidly rigged.  Will should have gotten best photo without question.

I know it's probably politically incorrect and all kinds of wrong, but I think Chantelle is unattractive.  And not just for her skin, but for her lips, her close-set eyes, her sharp nose and her lack of cheekbones and chin.  She is NOT beautiful, or even marginally pretty to me.  I also thought the German product rep was NOT entranced with her look, but lied through his teeth & said he'd pick her for his brand.  Bullshit, he practically cringed when he saw her posing.

I know models don't have to be pretty, but she is not a model.  She's a Tyra poster-child project, that's it.

• Love 7
How amazing is it that Tyra picked Keith's ONE and only good shot. He got all 10s and she never once mentioned how he struggled at the photoshoot.

This times 10.  But at this point, I'm not surprised though she managed to mention everyone else's struggles or shortcomings.  I know she wants a guy to win this competition badly but the fact that Keith, who struggles with Yu Tsai at almost every shoot and Adam, who is Adam, made it overseas is ridiculous and only due to how badly Tyra doesn't want a girl to win this cycle.  Ugh.

I'll miss Raelia but don't disagree about her elim based on the pic Tyra chose for her.  I long ago gave up the idea that Tyra would be fair or rationale when it came to moving her pieces around on the chess board.  Though truthfully, none of those pics was all that great.

I don't know about Chantelle.

I want either Shei or Lenox to win this, I'd even settle for Will based on performance thus far but I see Tyra pushing either Adam or Keith to the finish line and have for awhile now.  Not excited for the rest of this cycle.

• Love 2

I'm really disliking Yu Tsai, he kind of goes past 'acerbic art director' and into 'should be fired for unprofessional behavior' regularly to me. He gives off a really sleazy vibe to me his behavior backs up.

The photos of the remaining contestants were not so great, generally prefer the photos of the eliminated contestants this week.

Between Will and Keith's very similar photos I would have gone with Keith's for FCO, Neither were my favorite, but I thought Keith's was better. My actual favorites were Ben's and Shei's.

Raelia's was terrible.. but it was also exactly what they told her to do. Which is a bit par for the course when the show wants to eliminate a contestant, I just don't think it's been as open before about doing so.

I'm not really seeing what they liked in Lennox's. It looked really awkward and like a ad for big novelty bunnies.

• Love 5

Did they give Raelia any direction besides "get down on all fours facing the camera and don't make it sexy," because that was confusing to me and others got Tyra literally guiding their steps.

Chantelle.  I think she's on edge waiting for the show to do something stupid- she thought the black/white hair was for her, tonight she saw a black/white backpack and that was for her.  I don't really blame her for that, though if she thinks she's beyond that kind of bullshit she shouldn't have come on the show.  I hope there's footage on the cutting room floor of them bitching her out for changing her hair and makeup.  There's no way that should get a free pass, imho.  

Gee, Tyra, I wonder why Adam might be drinking all the time.  It couldn't be that you and your show offer the contestants limitless supplies of alcohol...could it?  It kind of reminds me of Raelia in a way with the all-fours positioning.  I get that he has free will (sort of- if he's got a serious alcohol problem it might not be much of a choice on his part, arguably), but it's also a bit of a setup.  

This may make me sound terrible but...the boy band they spoke amazing English.  I wondered if they were from the US and just performing in Korea.

I can't tell with the judging sometimes.  Did they say Keith's photo was objectively amazing?  Or was it amazing for him?  They go back and forth with that when they discuss performance, like Lennox got dinged for not giving enough despite the good photo, but Adam got an extra point from Kelly for continuing to be in the competition.  I know the whole point system is bullshit, I'm still curious.  

Overall though- I'm kinda liking all the remaining characters.  The only one whose win would annoy me is Chantelle, unless she has a hell of a turnaround.

• Love 2

Adam and Shei were hot together. Too bad his appeal is only as a boy toy fling, but good for her for knowing it. THere's also no way that was her best shot from just the snippet of footage we were shown.

I was impressed with Yu Tsai's seemingly effortless jumping pose. That was awesome. That said, his style of directing started out professional and constructive, but now is just impatient and insulting like what Jay Manuel always did. Jay wasn't like that on Canada's version of the show, which leads me to wonder if he and Yu both got Tyra's producer note to amp up the nastiness/sound bites.

I was 100% in agreement with how Chantelle explained how Yu calling her "Panda" made her feel a certain way. At the same time, I was suspicious that she was vocal about it now in order to gain even more leverage to be kept around.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

I know models don't have to be pretty, but she is not a model.  She's a Tyra poster-child project, that's it.

...and yet she scored an international campaign with Desigual Accessories along with the likes of Adriana Lima. Not to mention, walking in London Fashion Week. That's pretty sweet for not being a model.

Edited by C0mputerGeek
  • Love 3
This may make me sound terrible but...the boy band they spoke amazing English.  I wondered if they were from the US and just performing in Korea.

It doesn't make you sound terrible at all. Many musicians from a certain country/continent whose market is predominantly in that country/continent actually live somewhere else when they're not touring. I know this is the case for many Latin American and European musicians, so I'm guessing it could apply to Asian musicians as well. It could also be that those boys' English is so good because they had a privileged upbringing and went to an international school in Korea, and/or had study-abroad stints in the US.

• Love 2

The photographer screaming at each of them "Model!! . . .Model!!" was spectacularly unhelpful.  Hey, thanks for the instruction. 

I think they got over to Seoul and booked a prestigious gig and it quickly became obvious they're a bunch of amateurs who have been encouraged for weeks to drink and flirt way more than they've been trained to model.  So Tyra had to step in and demonstrate poses for them to copy.  (Although I would like to have seen Tyra's version of being on her hands and knees and NOT looking either sexy or like she was "crawling through the airport.")

I'll agree with Yu Tsai on one point:  it was embarrassing.

• Love 3

And she picked Adam's one good shot too. Keith, Adam or Chantell should been sent home... not Raellia.

The good news about her going is we can finally turn off the subtitling for the episode. (I'm joking--a rather weak joke too I guess-- but IMO in 21 cycles of this show there's never been another contestant who's speech is as bad as Raellia's)

Chantelle should have gone for telling that bold faced lie about changing her makeup and hair. But of course she stayed so we can see her confront Yu Sai about calling her Panda.

Yu Sai is an idiot for a lot of reasons, but it's irrelevant to her bad attitude--which existed both before AND after he called her that.  Also, for all her sensitive feelings, and the reality of Yu Sai BEING an idiot overall, he's Chinese.  Who pretty much WORSHIP Pandas.  Realistically a model is going to walk onto all kinds of sets with loudmouths and annoying personalities on it.  If they're truly being victimized that's one thing.  But for "hurt feelings"?  That's a "suck it up or don't be in the business" situation if one ever existed.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

This may make me sound terrible but...the boy band they spoke amazing English.  I wondered if they were from the US and just performing in Korea.

English is spoken fluently by a gigantic percentage of the Korean population.  Remember the little war there we had a big part of, followed by decades of us giving them military and economic help?  That's why.  There are gigantic Korean populations in both LA and New York, and it is certainly possible that many K-Pop people have lived in the US.  Psy, the most famous K-Pop star went to school in the US, for example (but he doesn't have American citizenship).

• Love 3

I felt for Adam when he was offering to be the first person to sleep on the couch and asked the other people to rotate with him daily, but was met with crickets. I thought it was a very reasonable thing to do but everyone looked at him like he's talking crazy. He looks like a nice person, but maybe depressed in some way that he's using his drinking to cover up. Especially when he said he drinks so that he can bring out his personality... WHA...??? He's not a model AT ALL, and everyone knows it, so he's being kept around for other reasons.

• Love 8

It's just my opinion.. but no way Keith should have received top photo and that ad campaign.

I give this a 10!

Edited by Nonlinear
  • Love 5

This is a very good point - it took Keith forever on set to turn out a photo that was, in the judges' mind, on par with Will's, who only needed 3 frames. Will also had a higher Social Media score, but it was the challenge - something extraneous to the photo - that put Keith on top.

Which underscores the downside of the new scoring system. In old cycles, this would have been taken into account when devising a call-out order. Now, the hamsters are militantly pegged in 1 through 7 based on pure numbers. There's no wiggle room for rewarding/punishing how well a model actually performed. (Unless you're Lenox and Tyra wants to give you a 1. So it's been done.)

I actually get why the other hamsters dislike Chantelle. However, next week looks absolutely brutal for the poor girl. Keith comes across like a total douchewad, and I am cringing at the thought of Yu Tsai not being respectful of Chantelle's completely reasonable request to not be called "Panda". We will see if it's just a misleading promo, but I am prepared to see firsthand why Chantelle has developed that tough outer shell.

• Love 3

Also, for all her sensitive feelings, and the reality of Yu Sai BEING an idiot overall, he's Chinese.  Who pretty much WORSHIP Pandas.

That's like saying someone really loves their dog so calling a woman a bitch is actually a compliment.

• Love 16

I have to say I find the Chantelle villain edit a bit odd. Most of the time the villain is clearly doing things that can be given that edit, even if taken out of context to be forced into the villain model. But Chantelle's villain edit seems to revolve around people talking about how arrogant and horrible and awful a person she is.. over clips of her looking in a mirror or messing with her hair or just being wrapped up in her own world. It goes the other way and makes me feel sad for her because people are dogpiling her and insulting her for doing nothing. 

• Love 5

English is actually one of the easiest languages to learn. And there is no need to go to some fancy school for that. I know many foreigners who speak perfect English. One does not have to be from the US (or the UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand,...) to know how to speak English.

I don't hate Adam but I can't believe he is still in the competition. His photo was terrible. Even the kids who were already kicked out like Ben and Matthew had better photos than him. I will miss Raelia's sass.

• Love 1

Sad to see Raelia go.  I was ambivalent on her but have really grown to love her.  She's ten feet tall and gorgeous and fun, and seems like good people.

It's kind of annoying to see Chantelle get all offended over the panda comment.  The vitiligo is her gimmick.  If she didn't think it was beautiful or sellable, she wouldn't try to capitalize on it as a model.  Yu Tsai is horribly offensive, but on this show, I love it.  

I love Adam.  I hope he gets some help, he doesn't seem happy.  But he seems like good people, if a bit immature.  Actually, I like the entire cast at this point, except maybe Chantelle.  And she's just slightly annoying, not awful.  Good casting Tyra!

• Love 5

That's like saying someone really loves their dog so calling a woman a bitch is actually a compliment.

Yeah, but "bitch" has a reasonably universal bad connotation in English. "Panda" doesn't. Trying to follow Yu Sai's mental processes aren't easy, because he seems like a real head case, but what I meant is that I think in his mind any association with a Panda is a positive thing, because he comes from a culture that reveres Pandas.

Think of it this way. If a woman had been called a horseface all of her life, she'd likely be pretty upset by any comparison to a horse. If someone called her a thoroughbred (a fairly "noble" horse reference), it still might not go over that well. Similarly, Yu Sai probably thought he was calling her something that sounded noble. Well... to him at least.

English is actually one of the easiest languages to learn. And there is no need to go to some fancy school for that. I know many foreigners who speak perfect English. One does not have to be from the US (or the UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand,...) to know how to speak English.

They learn it from our TV. Although in Korea they also learn it in their schools as well, I think. Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

I don't hate Adam but I can't believe he is still in the competition. His photo was terrible. Even the kids who were already kicked out like Ben and Matthew had better photos than him. I will miss Raelia's sass.

I think my reaction was more to the fact that, to my ear, it sounded like English straight from American media with that "standard" American accent.  It was unexpected for me.  But I hadn't really thought about the spread of American media, or the impact of our political relationship with the country, and I guess I was unconsciously blurring South Korea with Japan (when I studied that language, our instructors all had noticeable accents...sometimes Southern, because that's where they entered the US).  Admittedly it's not the most intelligent/educated reaction, but it's what ran through my head.

It's kind of annoying to see Chantelle get all offended over the panda comment.  The vitiligo is her gimmick.  If she didn't think it was beautiful or sellable, she wouldn't try to capitalize on it as a model.  Yu Tsai is horribly offensive, but on this show, I love it.

I think that's a really interesting point, I hadn't thought about it that way.  Maybe you do have to take the good with the bad.

And to someone else's point about her using the panda comment to extend her stay- I totally thought the same thing when she said something like "if I'm here next week I'll have a conversation with him."  It kinda came off like a negotiation.

• Love 6

Will most DEFINATELY should have been called first. His picture was flawless and he got it from the first click of the camera. He was on fire! Will probably had several panel worthy pictures. And on a shallow note he gets more and more gorgeous each episode. He has come so far from the first couple episodes.

Keith struggled with this photo shoot. And saying he struggled is putting it mildly. He frustrated all of them to the point I think they were just ready to give up. Which is pretty much what happens with ALL of Keith's photo shoots. They try to coax a good pic and Keith just doesn't get it. So they just give up and move on to the next person. The judges should have taken that into consideration.

I do think that Keith is gorgeous though. He looks like a model to me. So it's really sad that he just can't model.

Adam is a sweetheart. I have always thought so. But I don't think being a model is all that important to him. So when he gets eliminated I won't be too sad. I think his drinking comes from immaturity. He drinks because it's there and he can.

I think Tyra wants a guy to win this cycle. And I am ok with it. So far the girls are kind of underwhelming. I do like Shei though.

I would like to see Will and Shei in the final 2. With Will as the winner.

• Love 1

Well, that was underwhelming. I expected an Afterschool Special segment with Adam admitting some deep-seated problems and that the drinking was a way of dealing with the realization that this actually meant more to him than he actually thought it would, and so on. And then Tyra would give him words of wisdom, a hug, and a plane ticket home. He could then begin his rehab, a Skechers campaign, and bit parts on cW shows. I cannot predict what will happen now, but it wil be anti-climactic. (Unless there' s footage of him with Shei that still needs to be aired and won't happen until Shei's very special episode. Or a drunken hook-up with Will. Which for this show would be money.)

Chantelle I think is also back for the redemption arc. Meanness= insecurity, and it's going to take Tyra to get to the bottom of it all. Has there been a black and white shoot yet? I can't recall, but that's going to probably do it if there hasn't.

I thought Keith and Will's shoots were similarly strong. The fact that it took so many to get to Keith's doesn't negate the outcome. There are lots of great campaign shots that wind up being plastered all over the place, and even become billboards, and you look at the model's other work and it doesn't seem possible that they are the same person. Sometimes the magic only happens once. But its's stil magic. (Not that I'm implying Keith's shot was magic. It was O.K., though, and apparently, in this case, that's enough. Recall that Will had his own case of being more or less "given" a win with the mirror shot that no one else got. There's no monopoly on manipulation.)

Way to psych me out, ANTM. I just knew Adam was going home based on the previews. I'm glad I get to look at him for at least one more week.

Agree with Keith's winning the challenge being the thing that put him over Will. Still think Will should have won it though.

Sorry Raelia went home but seriously...she's going to be just fine. If she's not working already she will be soon. Hopefully with better hair. I'm not a fan of weave at all and hers was really bugging me all season.

I'd bet a lot of Chantelle's demeanor, such as it is -- I too am not getting the villain edit -- comes from growing up with vitiligo and dealing with other people's shit around it.

I love Shei and want her to win. I know she won't, but I hope she does.

Next week looks very interesting. What will Will the Giant do in Seoul?

And to someone else's point about her using the panda comment to extend her stay- I totally thought the same thing when she said something like "if I'm here next week I'll have a conversation with him."  It kinda came off like a negotiation.

That's what most struck me about her taking offense to Yu's comment. Not that I don't understand her point of view. I imagine that having vitiligo has caused Chantelle to act a certain way, put up a wall, etc. At the same time, people in the modeling industry act this way without a moment's thought.

I think Chantelle's symmetrical vitiligo is fascinating on some level. As DrivingSideways said, Chantelle's vitiligo is her calling card on the show because it's what makes her unique. She can't assume that has nothing to do with people's fascination.

That said I'm glad that she's booked jobs and it's great to see the fashion industry using more diverse models.

I was expecting more to come out of that Adam situation, but nothing. I hope he doesn't have an untreated alcohol problem. This show doesn't provide the best environment for dealing with that problem. He and Shei are pretty hot together though.

I loved Will's photo and he got his in the least amount of takes. I actually liked Keith's too. Most great photos aren't taken in the first few shots. I don't know how many they had, but the fact that Keith didn't get his in the first five doesn't bother me too much.

I'm sad that Raelia went home because she has legs for miles. She's got the model body. She also seems genuinely nice and I enjoyed the dynamic she had with Will.

Lenox is the most editorial of all the models, but her THs bug the shit out of me. I wish she'd keep her comments to herself because it's turning me off from rooting for her.

Edited by Surrealist

Why didn't they let the girls run in their shots? It would've been more dynamic- the boys' shots were better because of the movement. 

I agree with many of you, something about Adam is very endearing. He needs to stop drinking, though. Raelia is a babe, somehow made more babely because of her slightly crazy teeth. She didn't deserve to go. 

Will is a beautiful creature. 

• Love 2

I am cringing at the thought of Yu Tsai not being respectful of Chantelle's completely reasonable request to not be called "Panda".

Wasn't it Matthew who told Yu Tsai his name was Matthew and not Matt? And he got raked over the coals for it, how dare he talk back to the photographer or anyone else on the set. Then he got sent home.

I think Panda is a cute nickname, but then I don't have Chantelle's skin condition, so there's that. Even models deserve respect. They are employed to be models, not to be harrassed. The photo shoot is their office and bosses are not suppose to harrass employees. (I know, good luck on that.)

• Love 2

I always assume Yu Tsai is hazing these people.  If they want to make it in the modeling industry, I think he (and Kelly) are giving them a taste of the type of people they will encounter.  It's interesting to me that the one who seems to get it is Keith, who has compared Yu to his football coaches.  I think Yu is trying to offend the contestants to some degree.

• Love 2

Similarly, Yu Sai probably thought he was calling her something that sounded noble. Well... to him at least.

I personally think that Yu Sai is doing production's bidding and this is manufactured drama.  I find it suspect that last episode was all about the pain of Chantelle's childhood making her put up walls, this episode Yu Sai has suddenly given her the nickname 'Panda' which he is comfortable enough with to say about a dozen times, and then Tyra says she's doing the makeup this episode and Chantelle changes hers and the shit doesn't hit the fan.

They are doing a redemption edit or looking for a screaming fight.

Well, if all the eliminated contestants got to go to Korea, then I'm glad for them.  What a great experience, even if they are no longer in contention of winning all those fabulous prizes, such as the opportunity to be signed with Next Agency (no guarantee of being signed, mind you, just the opportunity).  Speaking as someone who has never been outside of the United States, or even west of the Mississippi River, I am glad they all got to travel overseas even if they gain nothing more than the memories.  It is somewhat confusing, though, I'll admit.

Check out Matthew's photo - it's to die for, perfection.  It looks as though he is photoshopped in - just suspended, floating in the air.

Edited by scootypuffjr

Keith really is a void of charisma. I think he's very attractive, and I think he's a fine person, but I feel resentful of him because he's being pushed so hard. I like his persistence and his positive attitude, I just wish he were a little more interesting.

I like Will. I want him to win. Matthew's shot is amazing, though. If he were still around I'd probably be rooting for him.

Edited by Egg

I thought for a minute this episode was a rerun, then it dawned on me it was The Bachelor/Bachelorette bunch that went to Korea and had to dance with a K-Pop group. These reality shows are starting to run together.

I don't see why the eliminated people are still going along and being photographed. Does anyone know what's up with that? I thought Ivy's photo was stunning. I don't even remember her, she was sent home (read: not sent home) so early. I could care less if I were still in the running for, basically, no prize if I got to go overseas plus get some great shots for my portfolio on top of it all, all expenses paid!

It's so obvious Tyra has a thing for Keith. And Adam, for some reason. He has had the most terrible photos, yet he's still there. Could it be *gasp* for the Drah-Mah? I'm positive that's why Chantelle is there. I find it odd that someone who has been criticized for her appearance so much that she's emotionally dysfunctional about it chooses to go into a career based on appearance. WTH?

I'm Team Will all the way, but I can't see him winning. He's clearly not Tyra's favorite nor does he cause problems in the house. So, no "opportunity" for you Will.

• Love 1

The blatant lack of subtlety in this show has really reared its ugly head on the latest episode.

To get straight to the point: if Tyra is going to dog Adam for excessive alcohol consumption, she should have reminded the whole rat pack when earlier episodes delved into debauchery and drinking orgies.

Is Adam getting the zero-to-hero edit? I'm leaning towards it, because ANTM loves down on the low people uphold on a pedestal. While Adam has no chance in hell of being a working model (actor of spokesperson most likely), he fits the mold perfectly.

I knew Raelia was not long for this world. She's not the type of black woman Tyra likes - she doesn't have an illegitimate child by the white town mayor, apparently can account for most of her immediate family, and other than poor enunciation, is a clear thinking low-key individual.

I want to think Seoul is worthy of being a fashion locale, but it's not. I'm not sure if it was a low budget choice or the general viewership can't find Paris or Milan on a map, so they pick the one with the most relevant pop culture status.

Why in the fuck is Keith Bot still here? I thought it was one thing to be dull but he's dehydrated. Every time I see his stony face and hear his whisper wind voice I need a glass of cold water. Is he a spy or something?

• Love 2

I don't see why the eliminated people are still going along and being photographed. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Probably to prevent the home audience voting from knowing which hamsters made it how far in the competition.

Smaller possibility that they could have another returnee to the contest. But I doubt it. The first reason I give above is already reason enough for them to have done this. And it's got to suck for those losers, because other than a stipend, they're not getting much from those fake photo sessions. I dunno. Maybe Tyrant still lets them use them for their look books.

• Love 1

I personally think that Yu Sai is doing production's bidding and this is manufactured drama. I find it suspect that last episode was all about the pain of Chantelle's childhood making her put up walls, this episode Yu Sai has suddenly given her the nickname 'Panda' which he is comfortable enough with to say about a dozen times, and then Tyra says she's doing the makeup this episode and Chantelle changes hers and the shit doesn't hit the fan.

They are doing a redemption edit or looking for a screaming fight.

Yu Tsai is a twat in my opinion. His pathetic attempts at being doggy and aggressive come off as more constipated angst than frustration. Does he really have to scream and shout if he's so bored with someone? He like, only did one messy photoshoot this season and acts like the Messiah of Fashion...

I was hoping it would be Shei who'd get the Panda moniker but alas, it was Chantelle.

I wish the crew would lay off Chantelle. Maybe she's more introspective than they thought? In many ways, I feel she has more of a broad minded perspective of the show after being eliminated and is aware of the manipulation going on, so instead of giving blood to the dragon she's taking the long route - keeping herself together. Of course, the others are so deep in the labyrinth they can't notice this - or don't care. Calling her lame names is a sorry ploy by TPTB to crack her.

• Love 2

Smaller possibility that they could have another returnee to the contest. But I doubt it. The first reason I give above is already reason enough for them to have done this. And it's got to suck for those losers, because other than a stipend, they're not getting much from those fake photo sessions. I dunno. Maybe Tyrant still lets them use them for their look books.

See, it seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. You get a free trip to Seoul, probably have a lot more time for sight-seeing (no more time doing the talking head interviews, etc.), and are removed from the producer-instigated drama.

One of the auf'd contestants on Project Runway All Stars just gave an interview about the perks of being eliminated first: She's still contractually obligated to stay sequestered with the show production, but she gets to stay in separate quarters and is given lots of time off to explore NYC. If nothing else, early eliminations are a nice paid vacation. ;-)

• Love 4