Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E12: The Guy Who Parties Too Hard

Wait a minute...ALL of the hamsters went to South Korea??? Why? I thought after they "bring back" an eliminated model there would be no point in continuing to photograph them all. I'm so confused.

You know, I watched the entire episode and read every post here, and until I came upon your post, no one's mentioned that it's South Korea.  Even Shei, who states she's Korean, said Korea.  I'm not sure why that bothered me, but it did.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 1

You know, I watched the entire episode and read every post here, and until I came upon your post, no one's mentioned that it's South Korea.  Even Shei, who states she's Korean, said Korea.  I'm not sure why that bothered me, but it did.

Somehow I think the only people in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (aka "North Korea") who have the freedom to express offense at some American reality show brushing over their existence would be the ones we'd least like to hear from. The rest of the population is too busy trying to stay alive.
  • Love 5

The fashion and modeling industries each have their horror stories. I can't imagine Adam trying to hold down a modeling career if he's showing up buzzed or drunk. I'm pretty certain they'd fire him on the spot. Or any model, for that matter.

Edited by Surrealist

I think the MCM guy chose Keith's picture beforehand so all the judges gave him the highest score right away without even looking at the shot. Clearly rigged. Yes Adam is definitely hiding his insecurities by drinking and taking on the frat boy persona. He and Shei do make a hot couple but if I were Shei I would just use him for booty calls. Chantelle is beyond annoying this episode. She should have been eliminated right away for changing her own hair and makeup, especially this week since Tyra was the makeup artist. I think Chantelle is a goner within the next couple of episodes. It is refreshing though that in this cycle, Tyra's "pet project" (i.e. the model with the special health issue) is also portrayed as the bitch, unlike previous cycles with hamsters like Isis, Heather, Thalia etc. I also agree that Yu Tsai was told by producers to stir up drama with the panda comment. Will was robbed! He should have gotten best photo and been featured in an international magazine! By the way, so the prize this cycle is "the opportunity to be represented by Next Models"? Does that mean Next can refuse to sign the winner if they don't like him/her? Also the Guess portion sounds more like a $100k cash prize rather than an actual campaign. I think even Guess, a cheap mall clothing store, knows ANTM is beneath them now! LOL

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 3

Yeah, I can see it now ... all the models pose for Kim Jong-un, he selects best photo. The losers are sent to the firing squad and the winner is put in prison. End of show.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 14

No comments a day later, ha.

I recently watched season 3 for the first time on Amazon Prime. Back when they had actual prizes, not just "an international fashion magazine". When they sent models to go sees with real fashion designers instead of "go dance badly, ha ha ha, and btw this boy band gave us money!" Anyway, there was a model that clearly, openly suffered from bulemia. It was talked about quite a bit, and she even confessed it to Tyra. I kept waiting for the Tyra-vention. None came. She just got cut eventually, bye. Wonder if the same will happen to Adam.

Keith should win. Will probably will and he's likable. Adam is getting a nicer edit than he deserves. Lenox will be #2, I think. She's purdy but so boring.

It was sad to see Raelia's genuine upset. She's a bombshell and also seems like a nice kid. Hope she does well in life.

Though truthfully, none of those pics was all that great.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the client. I don't remember very many other shoots where the client was not only actually there, but also fairly vocal about this, that or the other. Whatever it is that he actually does, I'm sure he's very good at it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a particularly good art director, and it seemed like he was doing a lot of that.

I felt for Adam when he was offering to be the first person to sleep on the couch and asked the other people to rotate with him daily, but was met with crickets. I thought it was a very reasonable thing to do but everyone looked at him like he's talking crazy.

Maybe they all just realized what he apparently didn't: after this week, no one will have to sleep on the couch, because they'll no longer be short a bed.

It kind of hit me with Raelia's shoot this week that one of the problems with this show's format is that, if you have a group of models with all different looks, they're not all going to do well with each kind of shoot. We've sort of addressed this regarding the guys vs. girls aspect, but it applies to each individual gender as well. Obviously, as a model, you want to have a reasonable degree of versatility, but if Raelia wasn't right for this brand — for being too sexy or any other reason — then she's not right for the brand. It doesn't mean she's a bad model, it just means she's not right for this brand. She could just as easily be perfect for whatever they shoot next week. And same goes for everyone else. I'm sure others have observed this already, but I've just found it more noticeable this season. Maybe it's partly the oft-lamented fact that this ridiculous scores don't allow for assessment of past performance in elimination decisions, so models are more likely to get booted because they didn't happen to be suitable for whatever was going on that week. In previous seasons, those things could have been taken as an anomaly, rather than being the be-all-and-end-all of each given week.

I expect we'll get more into it next week, but Yu Tsai? He has moments when I like him, but I feel like, overall, I'm landing in the don't like him camp. I might be willing to forgive him if his intentions with "panda" were good and he just didn't realize it was offensive, but if he defends it when informed? No. It may be true that models will encounter all kinds of people who won't always take their feelings even remotely into account, but, as we discussed when the "Matt/Matthew" issue arose, if you're going to work regularly with someone, a certain degree of respect should not be too much to ask.

• Love 2

no one's mentioned that it's South Korea.

Since they were going to Seoul after eating soul food, it's sort of a given they were heading to South Korea and not North, being that Seoul is the capitol of South Korea and all. Sort of like it's easy to figure out you are in Illinois if you wake up in Chicago.

I knew Raelia was going home this week after Will's TH that he would be miserable without his BFF. Sad Will! You're still my favorite one to stare at if that's any consolation. Plus I agree that if she was too sexy for the merch, then don't put her crawling around on the floor like a drunken hooker. Although that made a set up for Kelly's snark, so there's that, thank you very much show. (Not.) How about her (or any of the women) jumping like Will and Keith did instead? That would have been cool.

• Love 4

Since they were going to Seoul after eating soul food, it's sort of a given they were heading to South Korea and not North, being that Seoul is the capitol of South Korea and all. Sort of like it's easy to figure out you are in Illinois if you wake up in Chicago.

Since I'm from Chicago, that's kind of funny.  My problem isn't that I didn't know which country they're in, it's that they didn't seem to know there was a South Korea and a North Korea.  They probably didn't know Seoul is the capitol of South Korea.  I now live in Georgia - very close to North Carolina.  Yet when I'm visiting that state, I don't say - I'm going to Carolina - you should know which one because it's obvious.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the client. I don't remember very many other shoots where the client was not only actually there, but also fairly vocal about this, that or the other. Whatever it is that he actually does, I'm sure he's very good at it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a particularly good art director, and it seemed like he was doing a lot of that.

I think you're on the right track.  This happens on Project Runway when the winning look will be worn by a guest celebrity judge.  Regardless of what the other judge's like, the celebrity seems to have all the control.   That's how a rather mediocre designer made it to the finals one season.

Since I'm from Chicago, that's kind of funny.  My problem isn't that I didn't know which country they're in, it's that they didn't seem to know there was a South Korea and a North Korea.  They probably didn't know Seoul is the capitol of South Korea.  I now live in Georgia - very close to North Carolina.  Yet when I'm visiting that state, I don't say - I'm going to Carolina - you should know which one because it's obvious.

But unless you are Dennis Rodman, its very obvious which Korea you are going to.  Although now I'm picturing one of the models getting confused and accidentally wandering across the DMZ during a go-see challenge.

• Love 6

But unless you are Dennis Rodman, its very obvious which Korea you are going to.

Funny! Especially since Rodman played for Chicago (and is now playing for his buddy Kim). But RedheadZombie brought up a good point, that these people probably DON'T know where Seoul is or where to find Korea on a map much less that there's a north and south part. I hope that's not the case, but the IQ level of some reality-show people sometimes isn't very high.

However, a DMZ Go See Challenge would be worth watching.

• Love 2

I'm really disliking Yu Tsai, he kind of goes past 'acerbic art director' and into 'should be fired for unprofessional behavior' regularly to me. He gives off a really sleazy vibe to me his behavior backs up.

I thought I was alone in sleazy grease monkey vibes from Yu Tsai? Something about the way his shirts are always dangerously too V cut and his weird way of speaking freaks me out.

On the subject of Raelia - that pretentious dude who was the head of MGM or KFC or whatever niche brand they were harking on was such a self-entitled dope I wanted to barf at his little squirrely face and tacky leather suit. You told her to get down on her knees and not expect something to pop out or look suggestive?

There's something about Shei that's underhanded mean to me. I thought she was just outgoing but there's an ugly aspect of her personality she covers with the smiles and laughter. Regardless, I wouldn't let Adam's mouth near mine - and I think he's probably a nice guy with serious psychological issues (looks depressed). He might have herpes or cooties or some other fringe disease.

Lennox - oh my gawd this girl. How many times is she going to go complain about not being this and that and yet throws pins at Chantelle's face for being arrogant?? Chantelle doesn't even do as many talking THs as Lennox yet every fourth word is Chantelle Chantelle Chantelle.

I think they gave Kelly horse tranquilizers since she was rather mellow this week. And Miss Jay was channeling Sasquatch for reals.

Was it Raelia who came to panel bra-less? And got raked for it? Miss J even said if she didn't wear a bra she could get a mammogram and pedicure at the same time. That was so ... well, stupid. I don't care how many bras a woman wears, when she's 60-plus, things are going to sag just like a man can wear snug jockies his whole life and when he reaches a certain age his stuff is going to be taking a dip in the pool when he uses the toilet. It's just how life works. And how plastic surgeons make a living.

I was struck at panel by how tall and thin (and model-like!) Raelia was at panel. Seeing everyone standing together really brings out the contrasts.

• Love 1

Keith should not have won. He had almost non-existent "product placement" in the MCM picture.

This.  That's why I get so frustrated with the judges.  Tyra gets on Shei because apparently you couldn't see the product (even though only her arm was in front of it) but then half the backpack is blocked by Keith and he gets best photo.  I know it's par for the course for this show but sometime I wish they wouldn't make it so obvious.

And I still don't understand why Adam is still there.

I have to say I was slightly disappointed by this one. Based off the teaser, where Tyra smells the alcohol on Adam's breath, I was expecting a full-on Tyravention. They played up the drinking so much during the episode (honestly, this was the first time I noticed Adam acting super-drunk in the confessional, but maybe it's just because I wasn't paying enough attention before?) that I naturally assumed that production told Tyra about the drinking and she would "smell" it on his breath at panel and call him out and give a big speech and make a MOMENT out of it.

But she didn't...

Which almost makes me think that she did genuinely smell liquor on his breath when he came up to take his picture, and just gave him a brief warning. Which to me doesn't seem like it'll be enough. At this point, it's clear that the stress of the competition is turning his party-drinking into coping-drinking, and the best thing to do now would be to eliminate the source of the stress causing him to drink so heavily by eliminating Adam.

But I don't think Tyra will do that because she's clearly angling for a guy to win it this year. How else do you explain Adam still being around? Or Keith? I agree with the folks above who complained that Will deserved best picture because it looked like he got that amazing shot on like, frame five. As opposed to Keith, who shouldn't have gotten all 10s because it took him FOREVER to get that shot. Unless, of course, it's because as some noted, the client picked Keith's shot as his favorite, so that's the one that's going to be in the campaign, so therefore he has to win even though he shouldn't have. Boo.

If Tyra wants a guy to win this season, it should be Will. I just hope that he doesn't fall apart without his best girlfriend around. (I'd like to think he's smart enough about the competition not to let something like that get to him. Also, he could just go ahead and hang with Shei, who also seems awfully cool.)

Oh, and for those wondering why that one boy band member spoke really good English, I would assume he's actually from the US. I know that Tiffany, from Girl's Generation is from somewhere in California, so whenever they do press in the US, she tends to be the spokesperson for the group because she can speak clear, mostly unaccented English. The K-pop bands are all manufactured through casting calls, and they cast a WIDE net to get their performers. It's not unusual for people to come from the US to try and break into the biz, apparently. (As soon as they introduced the boy band, my husband asked if I knew them. But I hadn't heard of them. They're not one of the bigger ones, obviously, because ANTM can't afford those, and they don't need the publicity anyway!)

• Love 3

Unless, of course, it's because as some noted, the client picked Keith's shot as his favorite, so that's the one that's going to be in the campaign, so therefore he has to win even though he shouldn't have. Boo.

Based on the full set of photos, including those of the eliminated people, and the ultimate result, I'm almost certain that, whether he came right out and said so or not, what client dude wanted for this campaign was a guy in mid-air. Which pretty much means that none of the girls really even had a shot no matter what they did, and the guys really had to jump to have a chance, too.

Which just brings it all back yet again to the fact that it's dumb to have guys and girls competing, and that having an actual ad with an actual client at stake kind of adds a whole other layer of unfairness. Reality, maybe, but hardly a fair competition.

Heck, in some ways, it kind of sucks for the client, too. What if his favourite was one of the eliminated models? I guess there's nothing stopping them from using that shot for real too, but what if none of the still-in-it models had produced anything suitable? Much as it would suck for the winner to be promised this ad and then not get it, I would hope that the client has some kind of opt-out option, in case nothing turns out.

• Love 1

But unless you are Dennis Rodman, its very obvious which Korea you are going to.  Although now I'm picturing one of the models getting confused and accidentally wandering across the DMZ during a go-see challenge.

Tyra: "OK. You all have to pass through the DMZ. When you see machine guns aimed at you, don't give a just-seen-a-ghost face. Make you sure you smize and give a little tooch.

If you get shot, I don't want you to stop smizing. Model through the pain. Just like I did at my first runway show in Milan when I was 16 and had to wear 6 inch heels that were eight sizes too small."

• Love 9

I thought Chantelle was very reasonable in explaining to the camera why she doesn't want to be called "Panda" (and, frankly I was surprised that he thought that was okay in the first place), so I'm going to be upset if Yu Tsai says anything other than, "Sorry, I didn't realise it bothered you, but now that I know that, I'll stop."

Which underscores the downside of the new scoring system. In old cycles, this would have been taken into account when devising a call-out order. Now, the hamsters are militantly pegged in 1 through 7 based on pure numbers. There's no wiggle room for rewarding/punishing how well a model actually performed. (Unless you're Lenox and Tyra wants to give you a 1. So it's been done.)

Yeah, it bugs me that she keeps saying the first call-out has "the best photo" when actually the first call-out is partially determined by the challenge score, and therefore might not actually have the best photo. But, even as I say that, I think we're demanding too much accuracy from a woman who says, "You need the boom boom wow" as a way of explaining how to pose for a photo.

Probably to prevent the home audience voting from knowing which hamsters made it how far in the competition.

Smaller possibility that they could have another returnee to the contest. But I doubt it. The first reason I give above is already reason enough for them to have done this. And it's got to suck for those losers, because other than a stipend, they're not getting much from those fake photo sessions. I dunno. Maybe Tyrant still lets them use them for their look books.

I think it's a pretty good deal. Nice vacation, plus the opportunity to participate in a bunch of different photo shoots under different conditions. Even if the photo shoots don't result in a campaign, it's more challenging than practicing in your house, and you get more feedback about how you're performing. I wouldn't be surprised if they were allowed to use some of the photos, but, even if they can't "offically" do that, CW put them all on the internet, so it's pretty easy to show someone. Plus, as others have said, you don't have to deal with all the drama of being in the competition.

Yeah, I agree. As far as I know, the country is named South Korea so it's not correct to just say "Korea," but it seems to me that I've also heard people call South Korea "Korea" before, so maybe that's how it's commonly referred to. I don't know.

• Love 1

Yeah, I agree. As far as I know, the country is named South Korea so it's not correct to just say "Korea," but it seems to me that I've also heard people call South Korea "Korea" before, so maybe that's how it's commonly referred to. I don't know.

Actually it's The Republic of Korea ("Dae Han Minguk").  "South Korea" is akin to calling The United States of America "America"--inaccurate to a large degree.

Informally (since people rarely use the long-form name of a country) the naming situation is apparently quite complicated, depending on who you ask--there seem to be a several different terms : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Korea#Current_usage

• Love 1

I hear Korea all the time. Like, as though because it's the only on we can visit, of COURSE we're talking about South Korea.

The thing is people are too quick to toss the Ugly American card here.  We refer to it as Korea, because that's the equivalent of what the people who live in that country do.  For some reason we've come up with a completely different English language word for the country (I'm sure there's an explanation somewhere for that), but the actual tendency to refer to the part as the whole apparently comes straight from them.

For a similar if not identical debate we could get into the whole Taiwan/Tapei/(non-People's) Republic of China thing.

• Love 1

I wish this show would have a reunion episode after the finale.

Now that Tyra only does 1 cycle per year, this isn't a bad idea. This Cycle already has more episodes than a standard old Cycle (which usually ran 13 episodes twice a year). It seems reasonable to stretch out these new annual Cycles to 17 or 18 episodes. Next week will be episode 13, which means a possible episode 14 and 15 for 5th and 4th place. Finale episode 16, Reunion episode 17 and bam.

• Love 2

Now that Tyra only does 1 cycle per year, this isn't a bad idea. This Cycle already has more episodes than a standard old Cycle (which usually ran 13 episodes twice a year). It seems reasonable to stretch out these new annual Cycles to 17 or 18 episodes. Next week will be episode 13, which means a possible episode 14 and 15 for 5th and 4th place. Finale episode 16, Reunion episode 17 and bam.

That works out perfectly! Although I do wish that they would get rid of the Recap episode. It is pure filler. I've never liked those. They should get rid of that episode and have a reunion episode instead.

• Love 5

This show!

This freaking show!

I was 100% in agreement with how Chantelle explained how Yu calling her "Panda" made her feel a certain way. At the same time, I was suspicious that she was vocal about it now in order to gain even more leverage to be kept around.

I agree.  Just because they're contestants on a reality show, it doesn't make it OK to berate them on a regular basis like Yu Tsai does.  Standards of work ethics and fiar treatment have to apply on both ends.  I thought the German guy was a more fair critic than that hyperactive Yu Tsai.

This panel,,more than any of the others, was totally rigged.  You can practically see the judges calculating the Grand-Totals in their head beofre giving their score!  How ridiculous that Will does really well at the shoot and nails it, while Keith totally struggles (almost as much as Adam, who was DRUNK on the set!), yet both get perfect scores?!  I mean, we know Tyra is desperate for a guy to win, but that just totall smacked of favoritism!

• Love 1

It's hard to do a reunion for this show because it's not always that interesting. I think they've done one or two of them over the years. And they basically go "Hey, remember the old models? Well here are the dozen or so who are actually working in the industry! Here are some pictures! They may not be on top, but they're models!"

Oh, and I forgot to mention before that yeah, I also hope that next time around, when Chantelle asks Yu to stop calling her "panda" that he apologizes and stops. Because otherwise he'll look like a complete a-hole. Of course, that's assuming that she asks nicely and respectfully for him to respect her and not call her a nickname that has bad connotations for her. Being Chantelle, I'm assuming she's just going to pull attitude about it. Which will likely make Yu respond badly. Even though he should back down, no matter HOW she asks.

• Love 1

I had a feeling the thing with Adam suddenly drinking shots before the shoot was totally made up for drama. Yes we have seen him drinking, but this is the first time we heard that he drinks several shots before the shoot. Tyra needs to find a public service announcement every season.

I still can't stand Yu or Kelly and the scores the judges give are so random that they might as well pull names out of the hat. To me most of the shots look pretty good and it would be up to the client to pick the one they want. It still wouldn't mean the models don't care or are useless.

• Love 1

I think the real lesson here is for Lennox. When you feel self-concious, you shouldn't give up in order to avoid embarrassing yourself. You should get drunk to let your personality show. Everything will probably work out.

• Love 3

Adam drinking too much is a conundrum. The show provides all the alcohol, and then some. Alcohol fuels controversy and drama, which is what the show wants for ratings. So Tyra really couldn't smack down Adam for being drunk without criticizing herself since, basically, she's the one providing the booze. All the food and drink is free so for kids who had probably been on a budget before the show, being able to drink all the liquor you want for free is pretty appealing.

Nothing against Adam, but I haven't liked any of his photos. Tyra talks about how great his face is but never mentions the rest of him is cr*p in all his photos. They all look like snaps his buddy could have taken with his iPhone. I don't mind he's there since Tyra has already made up her mind who is going to be the winner. How good the photos are have nothing to do with who is going to win.

• Love 1
How ridiculous that Will does really well at the shoot and nails it, while Keith totally struggles (almost as much as Adam, who was DRUNK on the set!), yet both get perfect scores?!  I mean, we know Tyra is desperate for a guy to win, but that just totall smacked of favoritism!

The client would likely only care about the shot that best sells the brand, and not about which reality show contestant performed best on the day. Also, the only reason why both Keith and Adam struggled was mostly because the running-towards-the-camera idea just wasn't a workable set-up, hence the reason why every dude after Adam ended up doing the jumping shot instead.

Reality, maybe, but hardly a fair competition.

This is exactly the reason why I won't to too upset if/when Keith wins. Sure he has a boring personality and often doesn't bring it to photoshoots, but Top Model history has proven that potential has always mattered more than performance when in come to which contestant make it as a model.

It is so obvious from this episode that Keith is the pre-determined winner of the cycle, as he is always getting high call-outs for mediocre photos. I think Adam will be the undeserving hamster that gets dragged along to the final 3 (there is always one every cycle: C20 Marvin, C19 Kiara etc.) so as to make it appear like Keith is a deserving winner. If they had to give the title to a guy, I think Will is a much better choice, or Matthew, but obviously they are going to move on to actual modeling careers without the negative stigma of the ANTM title.

• Love 1

It is so obvious from this episode that Keith is the pre-determined winner of the cycle, as he is always getting high call-outs for mediocre photos. I think Adam will be the undeserving hamster that gets dragged along to the final 3 (there is always one every cycle: C20 Marvin, C19 Kiara etc.) so as to make it appear like Keith is a deserving winner. If they had to give the title to a guy, I think Will is a much better choice, or Matthew, but obviously they are going to move on to actual modeling careers without the negative stigma of the ANTM title.

At 6 feet 6 inches, Will is *far* too tall for an "actual" modeling career. I do think Will can have a respectable career in Los Angeles, but his overall potential is not great. Will won't fit the samples.

I can't imagine them having two contestants of the gender in the F2. 

I can't imagine them having two contestants of the gender in the F2.

Maybe not F2 but F3 dollars-to-donuts so Tyra can make sure she can pick a guy no matter what.

Agree that Will and even Matt are too tall for models.  As much as it bugs, Keith is really the only guy who falls within an acceptable agency height requirement.  Not that that has anything to do with why Tyra seems to be dragging him along...

As for Adam's drinking, yeah, I'd be more impressed with Tyra staging an "intervention" if pretty much Matthew hadn't said in several interviews that liquor was provided for them 24/7 regardless of anything else they may have needed in the house.  It's like criticizing them for not staying in shape when they are living off of a diet of Frito Lay products and have no fitness equipment to use nor have been given any guidance regarding proper nutrition as regards being a model.

Also, pretty much the best two photos from this shoot were Matt and Ivy's but that's irrelevant.  The scoring system is jacked.  But it all comes down to Tyra.  She's picking the photos and she's scoring based on the person she wants gone and the person she wants to win so I don't even get upset when she fails to mention how badly someone did on a shoot but she gives them a 10 or when someone did well on a shoot and she gives them a low score.  She's working towards the outcome she wants.

Even though Keith Bot is within male model height (5'11 min. - 6'3 max), he's not sporting the new look in the industry. Everybody's either going totally androgynous, or super handsome silver haired laugh lines grace. The All American Boy died out with the era of Abercrombie & Fitch and Ralph Lauren when Ralph Lauren was still sort of relevant.

Then there is a small but growing niche market for guys with tattoos, piercings, and shady backgrounds. Keith is a bit plain for most agencies picking black male models. They like either for you to have beautiful dark, ebony skin or have a more biracial look. Will is pale and all that but there are tons of tall, blue eyed men with translucent skin... And Matt looks better moving than in still shots. He has more of an actor's bearing than a model, but his voice is a bit on the softer register with a weird hollow rasp that could pose a problem...

Edited by BathKol

But I don't think Tyra will do that because she's clearly angling for a guy to win it this year. How else do you explain Adam still being around? Or Keith? I agree with the folks above who complained that Will deserved best picture because it looked like he got that amazing shot on like, frame five. As opposed to Keith, who shouldn't have gotten all 10s because it took him FOREVER to get that shot. Unless, of course, it's because as some noted, the client picked Keith's shot as his favorite, so that's the one that's going to be in the campaign, so therefore he has to win even though he shouldn't have. Boo.

Isn't it just the end result that matters though?  One singer might be able to create a good record in one take.  Another singer might be able to create a great record in 20 takes.  Do you think the consumer cares about how many takes it took or just the product before them?

I wish this show would have a reunion episode after the finale.

Tyra used to do reunions when she had her talk show.  I am surprised they don't milk the season by having them.

Tyra used to do reunions when she had her talk show. I am surprised they don't milk the season by having them.

That's a good point. Most big name reality shows have reunions or follow ups. I know there was some follow up special that covered the last seven seasons or so of ANTM and it had notables like Toccara, Eugena, Yoanna before plastic surgery. But there was only one of those and never again.

I think some part has to do with many of the contestants having hit hard times, like Jael's stint on Dr. Phil for her meth addiction, and Renee breaking into that dude's house in Palm Springs. Plus, Adrianna still goes on ANTM bash fests whenever she can, and many of the other women haven't had the kindest things to say about her or the show. There's only been a handful who have or have had decent careers in modeling - more than just advertisements for wigs and crochet patterns.