Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

She's just a miserable lonely old cow  who thinks her new found money give her class.  She's totally miserable about her life which is why she takes so many potshots at Jules--Jukes is thin, has a husband who loves her and {presumably} thriving children.  Her witticisms are usually tone deaf and totally mean spirited. She will ultimately wind up alone with Brynn making yearly visits out of obligation.

And Beth, I know you or your minions monitor all social network so I want to say this: Start appreciating what you have, and stop the constant urge to one-up everyone.  Your witticism are childish and mean spirited.  And you appear desperate and very unhappy.

Edited by Lisin
Fixed accidental quote
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

Spent a lot of hours driving this past week and had on Radio Andy on XM sometimes.  Kept hearing Bethenny advertising her new radio talk show starting soon on that channel. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Spent a lot of hours driving this past week and had on Radio Andy on XM sometimes.  Kept hearing Bethenny advertising her new radio talk show starting soon on that channel. 

Why?  I thought she would have learned her lesson after her talk show.

• Love 1

Bethenny has the wit and confidence to be a talk show host. She doesn't have the listening skills or ability to keep the attention on her guest and that's where she fails to translate well in that role. At least that's been my observation. She interrupts and weaves the conversation back to herself and her own experiences way too much. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:37 PM, zoeysmom said:

Why?  I thought she would have learned her lesson after her talk show.

They have tons of time to kill? 24 hours, 7 days per week, thousands of channels.....

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:43 AM, NewDigs said:

Maybe had she approached it from a different angle.

"I had to sleep with the Seagram's staff to seal my deal. And then I had to do even more to be able to be the face of SkinnyGirl. I'd rather not talk about getting placement in Whole Foods. And then they booted my SkinnyAss! Toxic, pfft.

"Let's work to change that culture!"

As it was? Just another example of Bethy the Uncouth. imho

I hadn't seen this, you called it uncouth.  http://www.eonline.com/news/754119/bethenny-frankel-plans-a-wild-post-divorce-party-with-body-paint-strippers-fireworks-and-skinnygirl-enemas  I get that she wants to put the divorce behind her but this is a bit too much.

When E! News asked if she might celebrate her divorce drama ending with a nice dinner, the 45-year-old mogul laughed at the idea of doing something so simple. "Go out for dinner? You're so cute...When I get divorced I'm gonna go out for dinner? Yeah—times 10,572! Will I go out for dinner? Are you kidding? I'm gonna be giving myself Skinnygirl enemas," she joked. "I'm gonna be funneling Skinnygirl down my best friends' throats and my assistants are gonna be naked. We're gonna be hanging from chandeliers in Times Square: body paint, tassels on my titties, coming out of cakes, fireworks, strippers, young men, making out with strangers, one night stands, five night stands. Yeah, I think maybe I might have a celebration. Oh, yeah, and maybe dinner."

From the above article...that's Beth; keeping it classy as always. enemas, naked assistants, tit tassels, strippers. God, she's tiresome.

• Love 8
On May 1, 2016 at 7:32 PM, ichbin said:

Hahaha, that's awesome! Laugh all the way to the bank, B!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Wow, her bitterness is overwhelming in that clip, overwhelming.

She is so....unpleasant.  Especially in that second video.  Damn.  If I had all her cash, the last thing I would be is a miserable cow.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, ryebread said:

She is so....unpleasant.  Especially in that second video.  Damn.  If I had all her cash, the last thing I would be is a miserable cow.

I just don't understand her, I really don't. Yes, her marriage failed but she got something wonderful from it, her daughter. So what it costs her some cash, she finally got the child she so craved, the money is a small price to pay and it's not like he is cleaning her out/sending her to the poor house.

• Love 12

I suspect Beth thinks it's about money.  And I'm sure it is, but it's also about how she handles her life.  There's a desperate vibe about her, like she's always barely hanging on by a thread, always tightly wired and mean.  She doesn't know how to throw money at the problem to make it go away and just let go.  She goes to the mat on everything, whether it's how someone chooses to renovate their own house, or a divorce settlement. And she can't stand to give an inch lest someone else "win."

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, izabella said:

I suspect Beth thinks it's about money.  And I'm sure it is, but it's also about how she handles her life.  There's a desperate vibe about her, like she's always barely hanging on by a thread, always tightly wired and mean.  She doesn't know how to throw money at the problem to make it go away and just let go.  She goes to the mat on everything, whether it's how someone chooses to renovate their own house, or a divorce settlement. And she can't stand to give an inch lest someone else "win."

I don't think she would even settle for a "tie" in any situation. She has this drive that borders on a very sick obsession with dominating everyone and everything in her life.

• Fire 1
  • Love 7

Old Leona H, now she was the queen

That old witch was really mean

But there's another, that's come on the scene

Claims she is skinny and sells booze

she's got a mouth and a tongue that is loose

Stand to the side, her mouth throws darts

and if that's not enough she can throw you a (gas)

Your house, it aint finished, throw money down a pit

don't be offended, you won't smell her (feces)

She has a cottage, a bench, fire pit

But at the table, there's no place to sit

Skinny Girl this, Yes is her place

Just be careful, she don't get on your case.

With her bestie, Carol, the writer

when they both find a victim

they'll team up to fight her

giggle like school girls and manners that suck

if you cross the, you're (crap) outta luck

The both have a mouth, they never are wrong.

but that is the face they show to the throngs

the face on the out side, inside is parked

an ill-manner way and a dark heart

bad manners, talk and throwing some shade

Those are the things of which she is made

A razor sharp tongue, talking some (poop)

that is the make-up of this house wife twit...

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think she would even settle for a "tie" in any situation. She has this drive that borders on a very sick obsession with dominating everyone and everything in her life.

And she'll get more driven and obsessed, the older she gets.  There's no way around the fact that there will always be someone younger and prettier, now.  She's got a nice body but knows that there will come a day when she's no longer got the best of that either. Physically she's no longer the bell of the ball.  And that kind of stuff matters to her.  She'll be more obsessed with showing everyone that she's wittier, smarter, richer.

This is why she's usually always the loudest, the crassest, the ballsiest.  Always has something to prove.

• Love 10

I have said this before, B was kinda fun and edgy when she first came on the show.

Then, like a kid that isn't told to shut up and behave, she gets loads up the 'truth cannon' and starts to shoot away - no one is safe when that happens. I can only imagine the people who are with her apologizing to the

other folks that she has embarrassed or offended.

I always find her talking smack to people -especially when it immediately goes to sex - to be especially sad and desperate. There was one season where she sat down with a FOTS at a bar and began to ask the bartender about his peepee and sex. I have had TONS of women friends, co-workers an others and never saw anyone go from zero to crass as fast as she does. Nothing usually embarrasses me, but I was stunned when I heard her go off like that, mostly because he was some simp that didn't know what hit him.

• Love 7

It bothered me when in an earlier episode this season Bethanny burst into her Skinnygirl HQ and started barking a Wilhelmina Slater spiel at her employees "I don't care if you're having sex with strangers on the desks, I don't care if you're high on crack all night, just get some ideas and input blah blah!" 

If that was my boss who said that idiotic insulting shit I would say "I don't do either. And BYE!" 

I don't know what her fixation with fucking strangers, people doing coke/crack, and butts is lately but it's not cute or amusing. Also it's been done. By Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler and Bob Saget. 

• Love 6

I always find her talking smack to people -especially when it immediately goes to sex - to be especially sad and desperate. There was one season where she sat down with a FOTS at a bar and began to ask the bartender about his peepee and sex. I have had TONS of women friends, co-workers an others and never saw anyone go from zero to crass as fast as she does. Nothing usually embarrasses me, but I was stunned when I heard her go off like that, mostly because he was some simp that didn't know what hit him.

Yes, you're right and it's a way to control both the conversation and people. I had an old high school friend (former friend) who would do the same thing. I made some comment at a reunion about how I was sorry to hear her father had died. Her dismissive response? 'Oh yeah, we planted Bruce last year.' How touched he'd be to hear that. These stupid retorts generally leave people speechless as they walk away so I guess she wins--as does Bethenny. Of course everyone thinks she's an ass and she has virtually no friends but we all make our choices as how to deal with things. And she never returned to anther reunion after her performance at that one where she alienated pretty much everyone she interacted with. Bethenny seems so insecure that nothing can make up for the gaping emotional holes in her--money, her daughter, her business success, her luxurious homes, nothing fills the holes and seemingly nothing ever will. Her failed talk show is being replaced with a (probably to fail) radio talk show--her need to prove herself as not a loser.

Yes, both desperate and sad.

• Love 8

Enemas??? Have the wildest celebration you want -- fill a fountain with your off brand paint thinner swill and get your tits out, no one cares. But who the fuck has enemas as the centrepiece of their party plans?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, abbottrabbit said:

But who the fuck has enemas as the centrepiece of their party plans?

People who do colonics to make sure none of the few calories they do consume stay in their intestinal tract long enough to be absorbed.

• Love 6
On May 3, 2016 at 8:35 PM, WireWrap said:

I just don't understand her, I really don't. Yes, her marriage failed but she got something wonderful from it, her daughter. So what it costs her some cash, she finally got the child she so craved, the money is a small price to pay and it's not like he is cleaning her out/sending her to the poor house.

Totally agree with this.  A good friend of mine had a rotten divorce, her husband was a deadbeat who refused to work (despite having no disability whatsoever), wouldn't take on any of their joint financial debt even though he ran up most of it, wouldn't pay child support even though he demanded joint custody... it was ripping her up.  At one point I said to her, "Maybe just look at this as the price you paid for having your two boys.  You'd pay anything to have them - this is just what you paid."  And she said, "Yep" and she settled the divorce and just sucked it up.  Now we laugh, "Man, those kids were expensive, but so worth it!"

Like many of you here, I loved Bethenny in her first run on RHONY, fell out of love with her during her spinoff, but was so excited for her return.  Now I can't stand her. I do appreciate, after the most boring season in history over on Beverly Hills, that the RHONY ladies are at least willing to engage in conflict on camera - I really do.  I think what I struggle with is that they've got the narrative wrong.  Bethenny is the villain of the show, not the hero.  She is a bully, a hypocrite, she's mean and nasty and picks on people.  Which, by the way, makes for great reality TV! They have all the elements that are needed for a great season.  

BUT.

But the disconnect for me is that they're editing her to be the hero, and you can tell that Andy thinks she's the hero, and that dissonance is off putting.  You can't have her being so incredibly nasty to everyone with so little provocation, and then expect us to root for her.  It would be like trying to position Donald Trump as the likable everyman. No one is buying that!! 

If they would just rejigger the show a bit, maybe make Dorinda the hero for a season (even though I couldn't stand her last year, her treatment of Heather was flat out bizarre), I think that might help.  We need someone to relate to and root for against all the crazy - going back to the first season of Real World New York (I'm so old), you had Julie to guide us through the city. We need someone to relate to. Bethenny used to be that person.  She's not anymore.  And to quote Dorinda, you can't put a square peg into a round hole, especially if you're a triangle.

• Love 7

Bethenny right now reminds me of the 30 Rock episode where Liz Lemon goes to her high school reunion. Liz is hesitant to go to her reunion because she believes she was bullied all throughout high school. At the reunion, Liz figures out that she was actually the school bully who made everyone miserable by using her sense of humor for mean, cruel, and cutting putdowns. Ottergirl, I completely agree that Bethenny is the villain, not the hero. Unfortunately, neither she nor the show realize that.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ottergirl said:

But the disconnect for me is that they're editing her to be the hero, and you can tell that Andy thinks she's the hero, and that dissonance is off putting. 

Dissonance between Andy and the viewers is getting more and more common of late.  I used to think he was like my gay male other half, but one of us has changed.  Either I've gotten lighter or he's gotten darker, but I find a lot of things he finds funny lately to be downright mean or unwatchable.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, ottergirl said:

Like many of you here, I loved Bethenny in her first run on RHONY, fell out of love with her during her spinoff, but was so excited for her return.  Now I can't stand her. I do appreciate, after the most boring season in history over on Beverly Hills, that the RHONY ladies are at least willing to engage in conflict on camera - I really do.  I think what I struggle with is that they've got the narrative wrong.  Bethenny is the villain of the show, not the hero.  She is a bully, a hypocrite, she's mean and nasty and picks on people.  Which, by the way, makes for great reality TV! They have all the elements that are needed for a great season.  

BUT.

But the disconnect for me is that they're editing her to be the hero, and you can tell that Andy thinks she's the hero, and that dissonance is off putting.  You can't have her being so incredibly nasty to everyone with so little provocation, and then expect us to root for her.  It would be like trying to position Donald Trump as the likable everyman. No one is buying that!! 

That is a terrific analogy, and perfectly apt! 

Yes, Andy, stop trying to push Beth as the hero when she is clearly the asshole.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ottergirl said:

If they would just rejigger the show a bit, maybe make Dorinda the hero for a season (even though I couldn't stand her last year, her treatment of Heather was flat out bizarre), I think that might help.  We need someone to relate to and root for against all the crazy - going back to the first season of Real World New York (I'm so old), you had Julie to guide us through the city. We need someone to relate to. Bethenny used to be that person.  She's not anymore.  And to quote Dorinda, you can't put a square peg into a round hole, especially if you're a triangle.

While I'm not hating this season, I think you hit the nail on the head about them needing to reconfigure the show. I realize editing is such a big player on the HWs shows (I believe it's like 3 months of filming vs. 6 months of editing), so if their intent is to fashion Bethenny as the hero of the show, you kinda need some villains... At this point, you aren't going to get that in the form of Jules, or even stalwarts like Ramona or Luann.

If we're gonna continue getting judgmental, hair-trigger B, at least give her someone that the audience can agree is worth unloading on. Like Kelly throwing Faye Resnick's leg at Jill or something, I don't know.

• Love 3

I watched that clip (well those clips because I saw two) and wondered if E changed it because I didn't see anything awful there at all, just her version of humor and her honest feelings about her protracted legal battles. Filters I guess.

• Love 1

Frankly they just need more talking heads of the others I think. Spread the wealth. Bethenny isn't the only authority on everything. She thinks she is, but she isn't.

I would've loved to have seen Dorinda and Luann commenting on Bethenny and Carole's behavior at the brunch in addition to Jules.  Bethenny is better in smaller doses.  

She gets more talking heads and more of the filming even in group scenes - we saw more of Bethenny at Ramona's party than Ramona. It's an ensemble show.  Give us more of an ensemble feel.  Bethenny alone packing for her daughter, Bethenny with her workers, Bethenny again with her workers going over legal bills/candy waiting for Ramona, Bethenny in the jewelry shop waiting for Dorinda. Bethenny seems to get alone scenes. She's better as a greek chorus not the star. This year especially she is way too intensely negative and aggressive.  She's not doing herself any favors.  My husband last night said, doesn't her publicist say to her, "This is not good for your image."

Dragging up the Luann stuff on camera when she had seen Luann in the mean time? Nonsense. Just like dragging up the Dorinda and John's what-I-can-only-imagine-to-be-a-drug/alcohol-fueled-meltdown at her party over the summer?  Not on film and apparently a fight over what either John or Bethenny said about Hannah.  This is from Bethenny who says she walks away from HWs who bring up stuff just to start drama on the show because she keeps things real. Lol.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Dissonance between Andy and the viewers is getting more and more common of late.  I used to think he was like my gay male other half, but one of us has changed.  Either I've gotten lighter or he's gotten darker, but I find a lot of things he finds funny lately to be downright mean or unwatchable.

I've been spending way more time thinking about this than I should and here's what I've got.

I think Andy has too many agendas, and they're corrupting each other.  He is the host of the reunions, where his sole job should be as an interviewer, to get at the truth of the matter.  But, as he himself said in his book, he is also in those reunions as the producer of the show, trying to wear both hats.  And I think where the show has really gone awry is Andy now uses the reunions to try to confirm HIS chosen narrative, as the producer of the show with a personal perspective on what makes good TV.

So you get things like his attempt, last season, to redeem Brandi at the reunion so she could continue on the show. He spent the entire reunion reading "viewer questions" about why Lisa didn't forgive Brandi, or why Kyle was mean to Brandi - when we all certainly know that was not the primary thing viewers were talking about.  Or you get this season on BH, when the viewing public (going by twitter, reddit, reality tea and this board) was all-around fed up with Yolanda, Eileen and Lisa Rinna, but all the "questions" targeted Lisa Vanderpump, and even Andy himself worked hard to make Eileen's point for her.  He was trying to balance out fan reaction so he could set up a better dynamic for next year. Or the Orange County reunion (which was a great reunion), with Andy constantly interrupting the other women's interrogation of Vicki to try to protect her, so she could also continue on the show.  

Or of course last year's NY reunion, which was - as the entire season was - the Bethenny show. Every segment ended with Bethenny interrupting to proclaim the final truth. Because Bethenny is the hero of the show and Andy is going to make damn sure we know it. I even thought it was so funny at the very outset of that reunion, Heather made several very firm points, and Bethenny said to her "man, you are loud today," and Heather said "I have a lot to say and I'm just getting started."  Bethenny said "You're just too much."  And Heather said "Get used to it."  And for the next three hours, Heather hardly said anything, and Bethenny talked nonstop. I'm sure Heather did talk - but it was of course all edited so that only Bethenny spoke.  And while Bethenny expressed anger at Heather for talking, obviously, Bethenny talked nonstop. This would all be GREAT TV if Andy didn't work so hard to cover it up in order to promote the storyline/narrative/positioning he has already decided is best.

I also think this problem is worse in NY than in any other city, because Andy has personal relationships with two of the wives.  It has completely affected and infected the dynamic, and it shows on screen.  The smart ones - like Heather - see there is no way to win, and get out.  The desperate ones - like Ramona and Luann - try to adapt to the new environment, groveling at Bethenny's feet so they can stay.  While Carole and Bethenny, the chosen ones, float above it all, knowing they are protected by their relationship with the boss.  

Here's the shame: this could be such an easy fix.  All we want is authenticity.  If Andy would stop trying to control our reactions, or dictate our responses, by rigging the reunions and the show itself, he would get the show he's going for. Hell, as I said, Bethenny can even be the star - she's great reality material.  She's just not the hero of this story.  

• Love 11

You can't make one of the cast members a producer, and also have a rule that no one can talk about the fact that she's a producer.  Everyone's grubbing for Bethenny's attention, but they can't say why.  

• Love 5

Not that I disagree there's an off-kilter, unspoken power inequity these days, but is Bethenny actually a credited producer on the show?

I thought that was just a rumor proven to be untrue.

• Love 2

This article talks about the possibility (or non-possibility) of Kelly B. returning to RHoNYC.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/06/will-kelly-bensimon-return-rhony/

Ack. I'm so torn.  On one hand, I really can't stand Kelly Bensimon. I thought she's completely delusional, vapid, and (despite her protests to the contrary) kind of mean.  But on the other hand, I do believe she is one of the few Housewives who wouldn't kowtow to Bethenny. And that would be a refreshing change from this season and last (though I do believe that Heather did her best to stand up to B, but not sure if she succeeded).

So, my friends, you see my moral dilemma. To root for Kelly's return, or not to root. That is the question. Gah, it's like Sophie's Choice up in here!

• Love 16

This fascination Bethenny has about bragging about decorating her house with crap from TJ Maxx and of course her house being a real home and Jules is not just a mini-mansion that is all show and no go.  For the most part I think she should be a little embarrassed over her choices.  It is amazing to me the ever thrifty Bethenny seems to spare no expense when she is photographed walking around in her $1,400.00 Christian Louboutin spiked loafers.  I don't see the shoes as an investment but very  So I see someone who sends a mixed message.  I truly believe when she talks shopping at Target and being first inline for something she is trying to get an endorsement deal from them. 

I am also a little curious about all these self-made success stories.  I recall quite clearly that Bethenny was sued and settled by her original manager for cutting him out of proceeds after he introduced to her PARTNER,, David Kanabar who was the one that secured the Jim Beam deal.  It may have been her idea but she had some hired talent along the way to take from the drawing board to production and distribution.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
On 5/3/2016 at 10:39 PM, ElDosEquis said:

On 5/3/2016 at 11:24 PM, Petunia13 said:

I don't know what her fixation with fucking strangers, people doing coke/crack, and butts is lately but it's not cute or amusing. Also it's been done. By Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler and Bob Saget. 

What is making me rage about this, is in the previews for the upcoming season that they showed at the end of episode 1, they show Jules making an off color sexual joke at a restaurant table and B shown acting like 'what eww.. a sexual joke while I am eating... who does that?!?!'  I really hope that is just typical Bravo editing monkey stuff or B is joking because if it is neither of those things I might stroke the hell out going off on her. This coming from the woman who last season talked about braiding pussy hair in a restaurant when Heather brought something up she didn't want to talk about. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

This article talks about the possibility (or non-possibility) of Kelly B. returning to RHoNYC.

Bethy wouldn't ever allow Kelly to come back.  Never.  Ever.  Ever.

There isn't going to be anyone on this show that Bethy doesn't like, want, or approve as long as she is on the show.  And she reserves the right to change her mind at any time, hence the Ramona, Lu and Carole groveling and fighting for space up Bethy's ass.  And new girls better be on their toes because they will be out if Bethy wants them out.  Dorinda and Jules better watch themselves.

This RH show is done.  It's now B's show, for however long the audience is willing to put up with it instead of deleting this one off their DVR's, as many have done for the RH franchises when they became too much.  I'm down to two, and I don't like either of them very much anymore.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, izabella said:

Bethy wouldn't ever allow Kelly to come back.  Never.  Ever.  Ever.

There isn't going to be anyone on this show that Bethy doesn't like, want, or approve as long as she is on the show.  And she reserves the right to change her mind at any time, hence the Ramona, Lu and Carole groveling and fighting for space up Bethy's ass.  And new girls better be on their toes because they will be out if Bethy wants them out.  Dorinda and Jules better watch themselves.

This RH show is done.  It's now B's show, for however long the audience is willing to put up with it instead of deleting this one off their DVR's, as many have done for the RH franchises when they became too much.  I'm down to two, and I don't like either of them very much anymore.

Totally agree IZABELLA!!  I am down to three:  BH, OC & NY.  I couldn't hack the stupidity of "some" of the women on Atlanta, & LVP is getting on my last nerve on BH.  I "tried" to watch her restaurant series about her waiters, but it seemed like a petrie dish of how to catch a STD -- BLECH!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Kelly is either mentally impaired or brain-damaged.  Also, she's boring.

She needs to stay away from cameras and twitter, because all she does is continue to prove that she's lucky to not be locked up somewhere.

• Love 10

Beth didn't save the franchise so....I wouldn't be totally shocked if they brought Kelly back. And Beth wouldn't totally be upset about it because it would give her a punching bag and a shot at revenge for their past interactions.  Beth was a no one when Kelly was on the show.   But, Kelly has proven herself a mental case and I'm sure the producers were not happy about having to get her off Scary Island.  Small doses of Kelly is all that production and Andy want to deal with.  Full time?  Nah.

• Love 5
On 5/6/2016 at 1:55 PM, Duke2801 said:

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/06/will-kelly-bensimon-return-rhony/

Ack. I'm so torn.  On one hand, I really can't stand Kelly Bensimon. I thought she's completely delusional, vapid, and (despite her protests to the contrary) kind of mean.  But on the other hand, I do believe she is one of the few Housewives who wouldn't kowtow to Bethenny. And that would be a refreshing change from this season and last (though I do believe that Heather did her best to stand up to B, but not sure if she succeeded).

So, my friends, you see my moral dilemma. To root for Kelly's return, or not to root. That is the question. Gah, it's like Sophie's Choice up in here!

I don't think I'd enjoy Kelly back on this show. She's just not smart or together enough to really be a worthwhile opponent to Bethenny. Heather was, but Heather was smart enough to see the writing on the wall, and I think anyone similarly capable would also see it and not take the part. Looks like we are stuck with B ruling the roost until she decides she's done. 

• Love 6

Yeah, Kelly should stay far away from reality TV. When she wasn't being elitist and shallow, she was utterly bizarre, disturbing and inarticulate. And even if she were somehow the victim of a highly slanted edit, she even concedes in that one interview that part of her problem was not really disclosing her life (the parts that would be most interesting to a viewer) to the camera. 

Incidentally, I think of the fired HWs, Alex probably would have meshed the best with the women they cast in the revamp.

• Love 8

Oh please.

Bethenny is not The All Powerful OZ!

These shows thrive on conflict, anyone standing up to Bethenny would have a guaranteed contract, not be on the chopping block.  Also?  I think each one of them is perfectly capable of doing that, even Jules.

Their problems is that Bethenny is straight up honest and liable to say anything, and frankly, the last thing most "housewives" want, is their real secrets exposed.  So do they need to be careful with her?  Sure.  Do they want to film with her?  Sure, because her scenes always crackle and thus make the show, so if they want screen time, OF COURSE they want to film with her.  The reason they want to "be friends" with her is more the first part, she's less likely to blurt out an unpleasant truth about a "friend."  For any questions about that?  See Kyle Richards.

• Love 5
(edited)

If what Bethy spews is construed as "honesty" I would want no part of it. 

I see/hear her grabbing for the lowest common denominator as opposed to honestly discussing an issue. Her personal slams and mean-spirited observations are juvenile, at best. 

I don't think that name-calling and bathroom/bedroom humor are anything more than quick-draw jabs. She likes to think she's telling-it-like-it-is but to me she's a caricature of bad taste and oversized ego.

Imho, there are far better ways to deliver "unpleasant truths". 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Sure there are, but they don't make for interesting "reality"  TV.

Nor do Betthhenny's rapid-fire sometimes smutty pronouncements. I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't think that B is must-see teevee. 

After her peeing on a stick schtick I was done. And at first I liked her! I even tried to watch that failed Bethy pees on a stick and treats people poorly series. I found out here that she actually had a talk show? I can't imagine she let anyone get a word in edgewise. I tuned in to this in spite of Betthhennyy and tuned right back out.

imho she's got Dorinda well-beat in the "coarse" department.

• Love 2

Bethenny's talk show. The order of importance to Bethenny: Bethenny was her first priority, talk was her second priority, and show was her last priority. There was nothing entertaining about it. It was primarily about Bethenny and her talking. She didn't listen to her guests. You would swear that she had a one woman show. It was awful. The precise things that made her entertaining on RHoNY worked against her on a daily talk show. It's one thing to snark at rich pretentious dimbulb housewives once a week; it's another to invite guests on your daily show, not let them get a word in edgewise, and snark at them for the entire segment.

• Love 5