Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Really witness what? That's why IMO she meant  the incredible bravery and heorism of the people of New York  / courage many did not realize they even had.   

Of course you may interpret her post in that way, that's your prerogative. Just as all of the posters that read her comments can interpret her comments in their own way without being labelled " beyond sick".  Bethenny did not choose to clarify, so we are left with just the words that she posted.

With all due respect, there is always going to be differing opinions regarding this situation.

We can just express our opinions and move on.  I guess we can just leave it at that.

Now, I'm going to be humming Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" out loud for the rest of the evening, much to my husband's dismay. LOL.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 14

That's why IMO she meant  the incredible bravery and heorism of the people of New York 

If that's what she actually meant, too bad she didn't clarify she was talking about heroism, not the carnage at ground zero and the falling men and women of 9.11 (the people she mentioned right after expressing regret she wasn't a witness at Ground Zero).  Because it's pretty easy to make that clear;  "I regret not forcing my way down there to really witness it" versus  "I regret not forcing my way down there to really witness the heroism." 

People are just expressing their shock over her comments.

Yes. And I think she said exactly what she meant because I find it unlikely that -- in a career that includes being paid as a communicator (speaker/writing books) -- Bethenny Frankel has no idea how to express exactly what she means. But if I'm wrong and she meant something completely different, then she really should have addressed her dismayed fans  -- if you don't take the time to get it right, then at least make it right.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, film noire said:

If that's what she actually meant, too bad she didn't clarify she was talking about heroism, not the carnage at ground zero and the falling men and women of 9.11 (the people she mentioned right after expressing regret she wasn't a witness at Ground Zero).  Because it's pretty easy to make that clear;  "I regret not forcing my way down there to really witness it" versus  "I was unclear - I regret not forcing my way down there to really witness the heroism." 

I think she said exactly what she meant because I find it unlikely that -- in a career that includes being paid as a communicator (speaker/writing books) Bethenny Frankel has no idea how to express exactly what she means. But if I'm wrong and she meant something completely different, then she really should have addressed her dismayed fans  -- if you don't take the time to get it right, then make it right.

She has a bad habit of just throwing her shit out there and not giving a F*** what anyone else thinks. She just says whatever she wants and if people have a problem with it, well, that's their problem. Such a sense of entitlement. 

She may well have been advised by her PR peeps to remove that tweet about Mac Miller. I wouldn't be surprised if her PR peeps also advised her to remove her 911 tweet as well, but she likely responded " F that, I can say what I want and if people don't like it, screw them". 

Bethenny's ego is twice the size of Manhattan. There will come a time when no more doors will open to her because she won't be able to fit that huge ego through.

2 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL!

I hate the jeans she's showing here  -- is the majority of the line like this?

Good for her for trying out a new biz, but those are really ugly. Who would buy those?

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Good for her for trying out a new biz, but those are really ugly. Who would buy those?

I had a pair that zipped up the backs of the ankles...in 1990.

I thought I was the height of fashion in those, my Little Mermaid sweatshirt, and some sweet LA Gears.

I was also 8 years old.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

To think some tweeters thought she meant to see people dying is beyond sick

I won't condemn how others interpreted what she wrote.  I took it as she had some sense that she wished she had witnessed the event, the totality of it, in person.  Had she thought further, she would have realized that running for her life away from a killing debris storm wouldn't have been all that poignant, but again, I wasn't offended by her words.  It is no secret that I am not in the BF fan club.  This was just my impression after reading her words.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I took it as she had some sense that she wished she had witnessed the event, the totality of it, in person.

That’s how I interpreted also.  But I knew people that lived there and got together in groups to go down to the towers and bear witness. They would walk past the blocks of photographs and pleas for the missing to bear witness to the tragedy.  And that’s what they called it, witnessing.  So that was my first thought.

• Love 12
On 9/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, film noire said:

LOL!

I hate the jeans she's showing here  -- is the majority of the line like this?

(shrieked in a manic, nasally voice:) The ‘80s Mandee’s and Casual Corner called! They want their jeans back!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 11

If you throw out a tweet saying that you regret you didn't go there and 'witness' something, you need to clarify what you regretted not witnessing.  And why use the word 'witness'.  I would never use that word regarding 9/11.  Gosh.  Maybe not going to help if I was in that position.  But witness?   It wasn't a freakin parade.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

If you throw out a tweet saying that you regret you didn't go there and 'witness' something, you need to clarify what you regretted not witnessing.  And why use the word 'witness'.  I would never use that word regarding 9/11.  Gosh.  Maybe not going to help if I was in that position.  But witness?   It wasn't a freakin parade.

What word in place of witness wouldn't be offensive?

Like SuprSuprElevated said, I got where she was going with it. I suspect there's not a way to articulate what she regretted not witnessing (sorry, open to a better word) that would please. I know my regrets on that day were that I was alone, in a different city, with no family and my friends at work trying to understand what was happening. I could see a NYCer regretting not going downtown to try to assist, to create some good out of that horror. I also can see a NYCer who had to escape dust etc taking exception to that... romanticizing? of the horror.

But the fact is, that horror is being romanticized, in part because thats how we deal with trauma. Don't believe me? Do you observe a moment of silence on Pearl Harbor Day? Because that was an awful, trauma filled day of death and yet there's at least one terrible Ben Affleck movie about it. There's a generation now who were born after. Part of the healing process is accepting that people will respond in different ways. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I won't condemn how others interpreted what she wrote.  I took it as she had some sense that she wished she had witnessed the event, the totality of it, in person.  Had she thought further, she would have realized that running for her life away from a killing debris storm wouldn't have been all that poignant, but again, I wasn't offended by her words.  It is no secret that I am not in the BF fan club.  This was just my impression after reading her words.

I agree with you, and I also got some anger from it, too. Big time anger at terrorism.  The "bearing witness" aspect came across to me as well; I do not think she meant she wished she's been there to "see" people dying; rather that she wished had the fortitude to see it first hand so she could say I saw that and won't forget what happened. It was an emotional response, imo, not a wish to gawk. 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Like SuprSuprElevated said, I got where she was going with it. I suspect there's not a way to articulate what she regretted not witnessing (sorry, open to a better word) that would please. I know my regrets on that day were that I was alone, in a different city, with no family and my friends at work trying to understand what was happening. I could see a NYCer regretting not going downtown to try to assist, to create some good out of that horror. I also can see a NYCer who had to escape dust etc taking exception to that... romanticizing? of the horror.

But the fact is, that horror is being romanticized, in part because thats how we deal with trauma. Don't believe me? Do you observe a moment of silence on Pearl Harbor Day? Because that was an awful, trauma filled day of death and yet there's at least one terrible Ben Affleck movie about it. There's a generation now who were born after. Part of the healing process is accepting that people will respond in different ways. 

Bethenny is Jewish, right? I am not, but I have Jewish relatives whose parents/grandparents were Holocaust survivors. There are people in the world who'd have you believe that the holocaust didn't happen, that it was trumped up, etc. It's very important for many survivors and their family members to let others know about the horrors, and one of the ways they do that is by eye witness accounts and personal testimony. I could understand if she's kind of coming from that place about it as well.

• Love 9
On 9/11/2018 at 11:09 PM, sarivon said:

The reason I believe the $ was erroneous is that it was such a huge jump from the standard-size pricing. Bethenny is a handful and has lots of issues but she is a smart  business woman and wouldn't nearly double the product cost, if for no reason other than backlash. 

I don't believe it was a mistake, I  think the attention and buzz she got is EXACTLY why she priced them wrong.  She got the attention she wanted pre lauch for her product. Hmmm how do we make this plus size side of the line stand out? We price it wrong before anyone can buy them (no harm no foul) and call it a mistake later! It doesn't matter who we marginalize. It matters that jeans (and by jeans I mean Bethenny) get attention. 

That, and the awful 9/11 tweet that she left up even when the vast majority told her no says she was doubling down on the tweet...................She got all the free buzz she needed pre-jeans launch.  Way back when, Bethenny wanted to democratize health, now she is democratizing shameless self promotion at the expense of anyone she can take advantage of, plus size shoppers.................9/11 jumpers. That's not a business model or ethic I would want to be a part of. It's just off the charts. She knows it all. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 7
On 9/11/2018 at 12:40 PM, biakbiak said:

Seriously Bethenny WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! 

On 9/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

She regrets not forcing her way down to the site? How fucking close did she need to be to witness it?

What was she going to do, offer the first responders muffins and margaritas?

Fuck her.

On 9/11/2018 at 2:28 PM, weaver said:

Witness it?  All sorts of people volunteered to help, especially cooks and chooks, and people to serve the food.  

On 9/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

She didn't say that she wanted to be there to help. She said she "regrets not forcing her way down to witness it".

Her words. Not mine.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:42 PM, babykin said:

I don't even have words. Have some fucking respect and stfu on 9/11.

On 9/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

With the caveat that I didn't/don't live in Manhattan, nor do I have anyone in my life who was directly impacted by the events of that day, I wasn't offended by either of BF's tweets in question.  I don't really even think that they were out of line.  I'm already aware that others don't agree, so I'll just back out of the room slowly.

12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

11 hours ago, Rap541 said:

There are a lot of sentiments in these quotes. I think it was thoughtless and inappropriate - Just IMO, thankfully it was deleted.  My husband was there that day. What he witnessed was traumatic - he was there as the firefighters arrived and witnessed many tragic deaths which will haunt him for the rest of his life - yet he did regret getting out of there and not trying to help people who jumped.  Many people - (not all and I am sure some of the posters here)- in the NYC metro area were traumatized for weeks and months after 9/11 bc it continued for months. If Bethenny were living here then - & she may have been Cali altho she said she wanted to go down to the site - she would know that you didn't want to witness it, and you wouldn't tweet something so flippant if she put some thought into her tweet - who knows it could be some intern who wrote it who was 5 at the time.

One different thing living around NYC is that FB posts/SM posts from people in this area aren't all filled with the Flag and "America" posts. They are much more solemn bc it is a sorrowful day for many around here as many people knew/knew of someone who died. There were cars in our train station commuter lot that weren't picked up - it was haunting. Our town had 6 people who were killed, and we personally know 9 families who lost a parent. But people did go & help. Our friend who was a steel metal worker got on one of the ferry boats that evacuated people the next day and went in to help because they needed steel workers to remove the metal debris to help find victims. People did help. Survivors want to share their stories, and the 9/11 museum has them recorded. People should listen to them. Frankly it's a sorrowful day in these parts, and we do share our stories with each other in remembrance - but it does shake us to remember the horror and unsettledness we felt for months and the sorrow we know those families must feel. I am glad she deleted the tweet. 

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, jinjer said:

There are a lot of sentiments in these quotes. I think it was thoughtless and inappropriate - Just IMO, thankfully it was deleted.  My husband was there that day. What he witnessed was traumatic - he was there as the firefighters arrived and witnessed many tragic deaths which will haunt him for the rest of his life - yet he did regret getting out of there and trying not to help people who jumped.  Many people - (not all and I am sure some of the posters here)- in the NYC metro area were traumatized for weeks and months after 9/11 bc it continued for months. If Bethenny were living here then - & she may have been Cali altho she said she wanted to go down to the site - she would know that you didn't want to witness it, and you wouldn't tweet something so flippant if she put some thought into her tweet - who knows it could be some intern who wrote it who was 5 at the time.

One different thing living around NYC is that FB posts/SM posts from people in this area aren't all filled with the Flag and "America" posts. They are much more solemn bc it is a sorrowful day for many around here as many people knew/knew of someone who died. There were cars in our train station commuter lot that weren't picked up - it was haunting. Our town had 6 people who were killed, and we personally know 9 families who lost a parent. But people did go & help. Our friend who was a steel metal worker got on one of the ferry boats that evacuated people the next day and went in to help because they needed steel workers to remove the metal debris to help find victims. People did help. Survivors want to share their stories, and the 9/11 museum has them recorded. People should listen to them. Frankly it's a sorrowful day in these parts, and we do share our stories with each other in remembrance - but it does shake us to remember the horror and unsettledness we felt for months and the sorrow we know those families must feel. I am glad she deleted the tweet. 

I was there that day. I was in tower one, 80th floor. I will never be the same. 

And i am forver traumatized. :-(

• Love 24
17 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I am glad she deleted the tweet. 

@jinjer The tweet was not deleted. It is still there this morning.  I cannot imagine having seen any of it or wanting to. 

4 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Be good to yourself Lamujerdecente I do not know what to say really except that, hugs. To you and your husb too @jinjer

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

I’m glad that you are well, but sorry that you had to witness firsthand all the terror and desperation that must have taken place. I do hope that time helps to heal you although I know it will never completely go away. My condolences. 

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, jinjer said:

There are a lot of sentiments in these quotes. I think it was thoughtless and inappropriate - Just IMO, thankfully it was deleted.  My husband was there that day. What he witnessed was traumatic - he was there as the firefighters arrived and witnessed many tragic deaths which will haunt him for the rest of his life - yet he did regret getting out of there and trying not to help people who jumped.  Many people - (not all and I am sure some of the posters here)- in the NYC metro area were traumatized for weeks and months after 9/11 bc it continued for months. If Bethenny were living here then - & she may have been Cali altho she said she wanted to go down to the site - she would know that you didn't want to witness it, and you wouldn't tweet something so flippant if she put some thought into her tweet - who knows it could be some intern who wrote it who was 5 at the time.

I am so, so sorry.  I cannot imagine the heartbreak you experienced. Thank you for sharing this so that we may all understand better. Sending love. 

• Love 10

just an FYI, I just checked the Macy's website for SkinnyGirl and got this message:

Skinnygirl Jeans by Bethenny Frankel are not available online at macys.com, but please take a minute to check out our Celebrity Pink jeans selection. We think you will love them too!

And Beth is comparing her grief over Dennis to the hurricane

“It’s like [hurricane] Florence, it’s a storm and you must go through it," Frankel told People. "It’s not one of these things you can avoid and you have to go through it and deal with it and hopefully, you come out stronger on the other side.”

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

just an FYI, I just checked the Macy's website for SkinnyGirl and got this message:

They are pretty much all sold out at SG online.  

Macy’s will wait until they have them available in all their stores and are doing good business in the store and then they’ll let people buy online.  I know that some lines I shop at Nordstrom only have select items online.  I have to go in the store to see all the items.

Sonja, Luann and the new girl (Missy?) were at the launch party.  Gee, no Ramona?  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

“It’s like [hurricane] Florence, it’s a storm and you must go through it," Frankel told People. "It’s not one of these things you can avoid and you have to go through it and deal with it and hopefully, you come out stronger on the other side.”

giphy (11).gif

• Love 6

Like, I get not liking Bethenny, but what was so enraging about likening grief to a storm? People do it all the time. It's cliché. Next she'll be likening it to a fire, and coming out of the forge stronger for it. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

Like, I get not liking Bethenny, but what was so enraging about likening grief to a storm? People do it all the time. It's cliché. Next she'll be likening it to a fire, and coming out of the forge stronger for it. 

After she (rightfully) went on and on about the devastation in Houston and Puerto Rico, I just find it distasteful for her to compare her personal tragedy to a large scale event like this. Especially while it is happening. If she had compared it to regrowth after a fire or something similar, I wouldn't have any problem with it at all.

MMV as always.

• Love 7

I get lectured seemingly constantly on how people process their grief separately and all ways are right ways if the person grieving is brought comfort. I sometimes don't agree but doesn't this principle also apply to Bethenny or does she have to obey a rigid structure of what is and isn't acceptable for her to say about her grief?

She probably likened it to a hurricane because of current events, to make it more relatable. KInd of like how when there's a snowstorm there's fifty different versions of "snowmageddon" and "storm of the century". MMV. To me this is one of those "not worth being angry about" comments. 

• Love 12
Just now, Rosiejuliemom said:

After she (rightfully) went on and on about the devastation in Houston and Puerto Rico, I just find it distasteful for her to compare her personal tragedy to a large scale event like this. Especially while it is happening. If she had compared it to regrowth after a fire or something similar, I wouldn't have any problem with it at all.

MMV as always.

I get what she meant, but, once again (imo) poor choice of words, especially as people are evacuating and fearing for their safety and their homes. In her attempt to be relevant and current, she comes off as insensitive and offensive, unless of course she's putting up the evacuees in her Hamptons home(s? does she still have the place on the highway?) 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

I sometimes don't agree but doesn't this principle also apply to Bethenny or does she have to obey a rigid structure of what is and isn't acceptable for her to say about her grief?

She has every right to say whatever she wants to about her grief. I have every right to find it distasteful.

Perhaps I'm being a bit touchy about the subject right now. I've just been to my second funeral in a week. My apologies if I sound bitchy.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Thank you. My husband had surgery the day before Irma hit, died a month after it hit. His death was hell. I've lived in Florida for 20 years and have dealt with hurricanes left and right. Not one thing about her statement was offensive to me on any level. Grief is a storm — a long, tiring bitch of a storm. She wasn't saying that her grief is worse than people dying in a hurricane, for god's sake. I've compared my grief to an Amtrack pileup on groundhog day. I by no means think that my personal tragedy is worse than a trainwreck. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Thank you. My husband had surgery the day before Irma hit, died a month after it hit. His death was hell. I've lived in Florida for 20 years and have dealt with hurricanes left and right. Not one thing about her statement was offensive to me on any level. Grief is a storm — a long, tiring bitch of a storm. She wasn't saying that her grief is worse than people dying in a hurricane, for god's sake. I've compared my grief to an Amtrack pileup on groundhog day. I by no means think that my personal tragedy is worse than a trainwreck. 

{[{{cyberhug for your loss}}}}

• Love 13

My husband was there that day. What he witnessed was traumatic - he was there as the firefighters arrived and witnessed many tragic deaths which will haunt him for the rest of his life - yet he did regret getting out of there and trying not to help people who jumped. 

So sorry your husband had to endure that kind of trauma (and you as well -- the worry about him must have been overwhelming, waiting to hear he was safe). 

5 hours ago, jinjer said:

Frankly it's a sorrowful day in these parts, and we do share our stories with each other in remembrance - but it does shake us to remember the horror and unsettledness we felt for months and the sorrow we know those families must feel. 

What haunted me for months were the photocopied pictures of the missing that appeared within hours.  Some were professional headshots, but most weren't. The photos were everywhere, overnight. They were hung up in store windows and bus stops and streetlamps -- you could not walk anywhere without seeing images of people celebrating holidays and graduations and family dinners and office parties with their name and age and who they were to somebody; brother, wife, fiance. And always, the last known location (Mother of two. 37 years old. Last seen in Tower One.  Beloved son. 24. Last seen at Windows on the World). And you knew the wives and fathers and sisters and friends who had done all of it  -- rifled through photos for a shot with a clear face, made photocopies and then drove everywhere hanging them up -- were searching in vain. Nobody had survived, or wandered off to be found days later. Everybody was dead.  If you didn't have a loved one in The Towers, you could let yourself know that, within hours.  You knew everybody had been erased, leaving no body behind to bury.  It was only the mourners who didn't know, who kept hoping and searching and praying. 

5 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

{{ @lamujerdecente }}   That must have been terrifying --  glad you made it home. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Especially while it is happening. 

Yeah, the direct comparison is the part that's troubling to me; it's just a metaphor for Frankel vs people facing a real threat, right now. 

2 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

She has every right to say whatever she wants to about her grief. I have every right to find it distasteful.

Perhaps I'm being a bit touchy about the subject right now. I've just been to my second funeral in a week. My apologies if I sound bitchy.

{RosieJulieMom}  Down the road, I hope the ceremonies this week help with the healing.

2 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Thank you. My husband had surgery the day before Irma hit, died a month after it hit. His death was hell. 

Condolences on your loss (and the especially hard way your husband died). 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, SCS said:

{[{{cyberhug for your loss}}}}

27 minutes ago, film noire said:

Condolences on your loss (and the especially hard way your husband died). 

Thank you! I'm lucky to have a great support system of nutty eccentrics who keep me sane. :) (And I'm lucky I don't live in NC or SC right now. Stay as safe as you can, everyone!)

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, film noire said:

Yeah, the direct comparison is the part that's troubling to me; it's just a metaphor for Frankel vs people facing a real threat, right now. 

{RosieJulieMom}  Down the road, I hope the ceremonies this week help with the healing.

Thanks. I'm kind of glad that the ceremonies are over. I just want things to get back to some semblance of normal.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, film noire said:

So sorry your husband had to endure that kind of trauma (and you as well -- the worry about him must have been overwhelming, waiting to hear he was safe). 

What haunted me for months were the photocopied pictures of the missing that appeared within hours.  Some were professional headshots, but most weren't. The photos were everywhere, overnight. They were hung up in store windows and bus stops and streetlamps -- you could not walk anywhere without seeing images of people celebrating holidays and graduations and family dinners and office parties with their name and age and who they were to somebody; brother, wife, fiance. And always, the last known location (Mother of two. 37 years old. Last seen in Tower One.  Beloved son. 24. Last seen at Windows on the World). And you knew the wives and fathers and sisters and friends who had done all of it  -- rifled through photos for a shot with a clear face, made photocopies and then drove everywhere hanging them up -- were searching in vain. Nobody had survived, or wandered off to be found days later. Everybody was dead.  If you didn't have a loved one in The Towers, you could let yourself know that, within hours.  You knew everybody had been erased, leaving no body behind to bury.  It was only the mourners who didn't know, who kept hoping and searching and praying. 

{{ @lamujerdecente }}   That must have been terrifying --  glad you made it home. 

THIS - NYC was in shock - people were frantic the day of and the following days looking for loved ones, trying to get in touch with loved ones.  The cell phone antennas were on top of one of the towers, so when they went down, so did much of the service.  This is why I am hoping she had some stupid young intern who didn't really live through the horror of that time period who posted this nonsense. 

LAMUJERDECENTE sending you prayers of comfort. 

Bethenny has to learn that sometimes it's better just to shut up. Don't compare hurricanes to death, be flippant about 9/11 etc.  Send thoughts to those going through the hurricane - especially since she is going to be doing relief, give your grief for Dennis and Dennis himself their proper dignity etc.  Better yet just focus on your ugly, dated jeans and your upcoming good deeds.

• Love 14

...of a camera.

• Love 8
On 8/22/2018 at 1:53 AM, film noire said:

Intentionally or not, she did the one thing Jill Shields asked her not to do; bring the media to the very lip of his grave.

I think quietly respectful would have been choosing to mourn the man privately, while allowing his family and widow to bury him -- she and Bryn (and any friends they felt close to) could have mourned together in their own way, remembering what they loved about Dennis and saying goodbye.

Instead, this; cameras clicking away, capturing private moments, the very thing Jill Shields says was painful to her family. 

Bethenny should have honoured their request to stay home, and not put her own needs above theirs.

5b7cf9ec11674_frankel2.thumb.jpg.6ebd371a2a60626dcc0042948107d244.jpg

But it's all about Bethany .

• Love 13
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

They are pretty much all sold out at SG online.  

Macy’s will wait until they have them available in all their stores and are doing good business in the store and then they’ll let people buy online.  I know that some lines I shop at Nordstrom only have select items online.  I have to go in the store to see all the items.

Sonja, Luann and the new girl (Missy?) were at the launch party.  Gee, no Ramona?  

If it was filmed and Ramona wasn’t invited we have our first fight of the new season. If it was filmed, she was invited and didn’t attend I hope someone yells at her, “you don’t support women!!!” In which case we still have our first fight of the season.

• Love 8

Being sold out means nothing unless you know the production numbers.  Beth claimed that this was a 'soft' launch.  Could have fooled me with all the publicity she tried to garner for the line.

Interesting that filming has started a little earlier than recent years.  I'm not talking about the earlier years when they were still out in the Hamptons.  Recent years have started in October.  One episode out in the Hamptons and Beth has pumpkins on the porch.  Was it the desire to film a little bit more in the Hamptons (which I've always enjoyed) or was it about Beth's bedazzled low crouch jean launch?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Interesting that filming has started a little earlier than recent years.

Yeah. Last season's premiere was Dorinda's Halloween party. I wonder if the earlier start has anything to do with the Bravo vultures wanting to capture some of the aftermath of Dennis's death.

I liked it when they filmed during the summer. Christmas in the Berserkshires is nice, but I miss seeing summer in the Hamptons. 

• Love 5

Or it could be a return to the early years when they did Fashion week.... which a lot of fans have said they liked and missed? I mean, is it impossible that something happens on the show that isn't directly related to Bethenny's supposed whims?

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Yeah. Last season's premiere was Dorinda's Halloween party. I wonder if the earlier start has anything to do with the Bravo vultures wanting to capture some of the aftermath of Dennis's death.

I liked it when they filmed during the summer. Christmas in the Berserkshires is nice, but I miss seeing summer in the Hamptons. 

13 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Or it could be a return to the early years when they did Fashion week.... which a lot of fans have said they liked and missed? I mean, is it impossible that something happens on the show that isn't directly related to Bethenny's supposed whims?

I would not be surprised if Andy Cohen unilaterally decided to start filming earlier. He knows Beth is in bad shape. I think he wants to see her completely snap.  He likes her, but mostly because she’s controversial. He had better be careful with the goose that lays the manic eggs. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Lady J said:

I think she was perfectly okay to mourn him, we do that with people we love. And she loved him. He seems to have loved her. I'm thinking she's okay mourning him how she has been. I'm thinking, and believe me, I've heard the debate, she's entitled to this. This coming from a person whose been separated, but not divorced from their husband for seven years, and we have a child together. So no hypothetical how would you feel. I'm in the situation. 

25 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Nu uh.

• Love 6
On 8/21/2018 at 10:53 PM, film noire said:

Intentionally or not, she did the one thing Jill Shields asked her not to do; bring the media to the very lip of his grave.

I think quietly respectful would have been choosing to mourn the man privately, while allowing his family and widow to bury him -- she and Bryn (and any friends they felt close to) could have mourned together in their own way, remembering what they loved about Dennis and saying goodbye.

Instead, this; cameras clicking away, capturing private moments, the very thing Jill Shields says was painful to her family. 

Bethenny should have honoured their request to stay home, and not put her own needs above theirs.

5b7cf9ec11674_frankel2.thumb.jpg.6ebd371a2a60626dcc0042948107d244.jpg

This photo pretty much sums up my loathing of Bethenny Frankel. She will sell anything, including another human beings sorrow and pain if it will give her one more headline, one more dollar. To me she’s a total piece of shit.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

The scuttlebutt I heard was that Bravo cameras were banned from Bryant Park after the fight in season 3. That's why we got Brooklyn fashion week in season 4. This is the first year they've been able to film since then.

I don't think that the choice to film earlier is related to Bethenny's whims at all. I can just see Bravo deciding to start ahead of their normal schedule to capture the drama surrounding things.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lady J said:

I agree.  Perfect example (to me): On August 26th,  Jill Shields posted a photo of Dennis (and his groomsmen) at their wedding,  to mark what would have been their 28th anniversary. Most people (or at least most self aware people) would respect that moment of loss, imo. But Bethenny Frankel chose that same day to tweet (for the first time, mind you) about the depth of her grief ("Our relationship is current so it’s painfully raw.") Jill Shields memorializes her near-thirty year marriage -- a marriage that produced four kids, several pets, and two best friends, whatever their marital situation -  and Frankel just had to turn the light back on herself.  Because it's all about Bethenny.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18

Yeah, sorry, not buying the "Jill Shields, happily married and grieving" storyline Jill is attempting to pitch. 

Her husband walked away from their marriage years ago. WHether they deeply loved each other still, they obviously didn't love each other enough to not fuck other people, date other people or to actually live as husband and wife. 

The definition of "we're deeply in love as a husband and wife" usually includes living as married couple not as singles free to date.

Jill *has* a boyfriend. A boyfriend who apparently doesn't mind never being truly loved as Jill has stated publically that the love of her life is dead. 

For the record, I don't have any real issue with Jill Shields except that I question where she and her endless undying love for Dennis was when she was banging her boyfriend and Dennis was banging Bethenny for the last two years. 

And yes, I AM judging their marriage because they were separated, and having sex with other partners which FYI doesn't exactly scream that they loved each other and were in a devoted loving marriage. 

• Love 18