Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, sarivon said:

It is only your interpretation.

Of course it's my interpretation (who else's interpretation would it be? :)  Her social media fans are appalled, and good for them - they're asking her to take it down, and apologize -- maybe they can pierce her self absorption (not holding my breath).

eta: Listen to this woman, Bethenny:

Catherine‏ @sinkel 6h6 hours ago

You regret not pushing your way to through to be a spectator. Whatever you meant to say isn’t translating. I’d remove this.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, film noire said:

Of course it's my interpretation (who else's interpretation would it be? :)  Her social media fans are appalled, and good for them - they're asking her to take it down, and apologize -- maybe they can pierce her self absorption (not holding my breath).

eta: Listen to this woman, Bethenny:

Good. My interpretation is she meant "bear witness" - something that is said often about great tragedies. She just phrased it poorly. She'll fix it if she thinks she should.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, sarivon said:

My interpretation is she meant "bear witness" - something that is said often about great tragedies.

Nobody had to rush downtown and stand by a mountain of human ash and molten metal to bear witness that day.

All you had to do was turn on the television, or look out the window. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, film noire said:

Nobody had to rush downtown and stand by a mountain of human ash and molten metal to bear witness that day.

She seems to have a different opinion. If she decided her comment was a mistake she will either clarify or delete it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Oh, I get it, although I think she's phrasing it badly. 

Example from my own life? I hate that the space shuttle blew up in 1987... but I also wish i'd been a genuine witness in the crowd that day, so I could honor the memory even more. I do feel that way a bit about 9/11 as well.

I note I am taking a risk in saying that on this day.

We had a family member on that shuttle. I don't resent you saying that. It makes sense. 

• Love 13

"I regret not forcing my way down there to really witness it."

WARPED.

The Challenger exploded in 1986, not 87. It was on my sisters birthday and we were there to watch the launch. My teacher was an alternate like went through all the training alternate so I was there and it didn’t add anything but horror.

Yes, 1986. I was supposed to be on base to watch the launch on its original scheduled day (I still have my ticket) but there were so many delays, and I couldn't miss any more school.

And to this day, I'm grateful that I wasn't there to witness that tragedy in person.

• Love 11

Bethenny original 9/11 related tweet, the cleansing breath tweet. The follow up in response to someone speaking about prayers/regrets which many are finding issue with came after the cleansing breath tweet. Bringing this over here since it doesn't necessarily belong on Carole's thread although it was brought up in conversation. Time stamps show when they were sent.

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 5.38.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 5.47.46 PM.png

Edited by BodhiGurl
clarifying where I originally posted screen cap - Carole's thread vs "over there"
  • Love 6

Does the first tweet somehow make the second tweet less shitty? 

I don’t think anyone said it was her first tweet about 9/11 just that it was a crazy stupid/shitty tweet.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The tweeter believed it should be a day of prayer. Not everyone agrees. That twitter account is blasting everyone with that reply  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t think anyone said it was her first tweet about 9/11 just that it was a crazy stupid/shitty tweet.

she clearly worded it poorly - I read it as two different trains of thought and I concur she should have deleted it but then folks would chastise her for deleting it. I would feel the same way if Carole tweeted it - because I know as much as I was not a Carole fan this season, she's not a horrible person. I personally interpreted the "bad" tweet as BF discussing 2 different trains of thought, first bearing witness to the tragedy, and second how awful it was that people had only one way out. I did not think she wanted to bear witness to people dying...  Also from what I remember reading here - the 2nd response tweet that is in question was positioned as tho it was her only thought on the day. Which it wasn't. I didn't even realize it until someone pointed out over on Carole's thread that this was a response to someone... so I looked on twitter myself and thus... the screen caps. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The tweeter believed it should be a day of prayer. Not everyone agrees. That twitter account is blasting everyone with that reply  

So Bethenny didn’t tweet that she wished she had rushed to ground zero? She chose to reply to someone in a way that I found offensive and I will call her out on it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

So Bethenny didn’t tweet that she wished she had rushed to ground zero? She chose to reply to someone in a way that I found offensive and I will call her out on it.

Her first tweet was fine.

The second should have been discarded. 

• Love 8

Nope, and trying to twist its meaning into a pretzel doesn't make it any less twisted.

It's as clueless as charging $169 for those jeans.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 12

Bethenny, it seems to me, runs her twitter as if she’s a regular non famous person in that sometimes she expresses herself like lots of people would. However, because she’s Bethenny, nearly everything she says and does it attacked and criticized. I like how she turned it around to asking people to share what they were doing when they heard. After today she may rethink sharing any personal thoughts anywhere. I would understand if she did.

I think I’m done here. 

• Love 17
51 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thanks @BodhiGurl.      

I was just about to post Bethenny's original tweet but you beat me to it!

Exactly. It is important that the facts be posted otherwise the truth gets skewed.

• Love 7

Bethenny lacks tact, that's for sure. But maybe she's moved into the anger stage of her grieving and she's looking at things through that kind of filter. Perhaps she's feeling angry about 9/11 today, not just sad.  And when you're angry, you relate to things that way, angry at herself for not seeing it -- not as a spectator, but as a human being. I'm not an angry person, and I'm not feeling angry today, but I do remember being very angry about those planes.

I don't think I am explaining it very well, but I didn't take that tweet as cavalier. 

• Love 10

With the caveat that I didn't/don't live in Manhattan, nor do I have anyone in my life who was directly impacted by the events of that day, I wasn't offended by either of BF's tweets in question.  I don't really even think that they were out of line.  I'm already aware that others don't agree, so I'll just back out of the room slowly.

• Love 20

A few things:

• Stop snarking your fellow posters
  • Political posts will be removed 
  • Posts quoting posts that have been removed also get removed so sometimes your post is “fine” but it quotes a removed post so yours gets removed too. 
  • Make it nice!
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, sarivon said:

LOL the $169 was a pricing error and has been corrected.

So it is a pricing error that just the bigger sizes aka non skinny girl jeans were more expensive??? Hahaha good one. Ya just know she refers to them as the fat jeans in her office right ? 

Bethenny can put aside the feelings of thousands of grieving just so she can get a lot of attention the day before her jeans launch.  Sickening . Nothing is sacred with her,  nothing.  It is all about how much attention she can get by ANY means possible. 

This is just 49 year old Bethenny and her same old cry for attention. She didnt get it  from her parents crashing cars and sneaking into the city at 13. So now she cries out for it and her fans give it. She loves it. She lives for it . 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

So it is a pricing error that just the bigger sizes aka non skinny girl jeans were more expensive??? Hahaha good one. Ya just know she refers to them as the fat jeans in her office right ? 

The reason I believe the $ was erroneous is that it was such a huge jump from the standard-size pricing. Bethenny is a handful and has lots of issues but she is a smart  business woman and wouldn't nearly double the product cost, if for no reason other than backlash. I think someone mentioned 10-20% markup on plus size is more common.

Edited by sarivon
but
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, sarivon said:

The reason I believe the $ was erroneous is that it was such a huge jump from the standard-size pricing. Bethenny is a handful and has lots of issues she is a smart  business woman and wouldn't nearly double the product cost, if for no reason other than backlash. I think someone mentioned 10-20% markup on plus size is more common.

I hope she offers refunds to anyone who might have purchased them at that price.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny can put aside the feelings of thousands of grieving just so she can get a lot of attention the day before her jeans launch.  Sickening . Nothing is sacred with her,  nothing.  It is all about how much attention she can get by ANY means possible. 

This is just 49 year old Bethenny and her same old cry for attention. She didnt get it  from her parents crashing cars and sneaking into the city at 13. So now she cries out for it and her fans give it. She loves it. She lives for it . 

This perfectly encapsulates the essence of Beth. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, film noire said:

My God, Bethenny. How many people are wishing that they HADN'T witnessed what they did? Is she for real?

99% of the responders to her tweet are appalled and she still doesn't remove that awful comment. Does she not get it? She is so above it all in her own head. Talk about not reading a room. Is she that insensitive that she can't recognize how offensive that comment was?

She is unbelievable. My dislike for her just turned to disgust. It has nothing to do with any elevated emotion because of what day this is. It has everything to do with Bethenny being detestable. 

I don't normally swear, but Bethenny is F***ed in the head. JMO. 

( I wonder if anyone is going to call her out on this tomorrow at Macy's? )

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, jaync said:

WARPED.

Yes, 1986. I was supposed to be on base to watch the launch on its original scheduled day (I still have my ticket) but there were so many delays, and I couldn't miss any more school.

And to this day, I'm grateful that I wasn't there to witness that tragedy in person.

I kept my daughter home from school that morning to watch. I thought it would be a powerful and exciting moment in history for her to see. She was 8. 

Watching her face turn from excited anticipation to confusion, to fear and horror as she figured it out, just took seconds for me to regret.

This was on TV, not actually at the location.

Edited by Happy Camper
last line
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, sarivon said:

Good. My interpretation is she meant "bear witness" - something that is said often about great tragedies. She just phrased it poorly.

She'll fix it if she thinks she should.

She asked people to tell their stories of "Where were you"? and after reading them she wishes that she had a story to tell so that she can be part of the story. Sick.

Apparently she doesn't think she should fix it. Because she is The Bethenny. She already had to delete one tweet this week. Screw you all if you think she needs to do this again. She can't be wrong twice in one week.  That would undermine her credibility. 

It's just not her twitter page that seems to have people upset with her. Several other housewives forums are urging her to take it down, and/or are expressing outrage at her comment, many people describing themselves as former Beth fans, until today.

Hell, no, not during SkinnyGirl Jeans launch week.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Sunfield said:

Bethenny, it seems to me, runs her twitter as if she’s a regular non famous person in that sometimes she expresses herself like lots of people would. However, because she’s Bethenny, nearly everything she says and does it attacked and criticized. I like how she turned it around to asking people to share what they were doing when they heard. After today she may rethink sharing any personal thoughts anywhere. I would understand if she did.

I think I’m done here. 

Heh, yeah - I dip a toe here every so often then step away. 

• Love 6

I think that the reason there is such intense hatred for Beth is because some of us see that her narcissism drives her every action and thought. 

“Look at me!”

”Pay attention to me!”

”Admire me!”

”Envy me!”

”Pity me!”

”Validate me!”

”Accept that you are inferior to me!”

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Her hurricane relief was absolutely amazing. Her efforts benefited so many people. I would never say, “She shouldn’t have helped.” But she did it, as usual, for inaccurate bragging rights.

“We were the first ones there.” 

“No one else was helping.”

“Everyone else was sitting on their a- -.”

”This is my warehouse.”

During the reunion, she reassured Carole that it was an accomplishment that she finished the marathon, because Beth’s a chess player, like LVP. She’s not as intelligent as LVP. But she still knows how to be strategic. She was kind in that moment, only because she was trying to come across ON TV as “the bigger/better person.” Same with regard to her greatest regret, ON TV, being about calling Dorinda a drunk (ON TV).

She shrieked at Lu that she was a whore and slept with EVERYbody, but apologized only because she didn’t like being “that person” (i.e., the way she yelled at Lu was not good for her SG brand), not because she humiliated another human being. Lu seemed bulletproof during the verbal attack, but you could see afterwards how much Beth had embarrassed and hurt her.

Beth, in the past ten seasons, has shown us who she is. And now we know.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Also surprised at how people are *shocked* at the idea that fat sizes pay more. That's pretty common.

I wasn't shocked at plus sizes being a different price.

I was shocked at the $60 price difference between a 14 and a 16.

That seemed odd to me. Glad to know it was a mistake.

• Love 8

So I've been pondering B's jeans...

(These are just my opinions-I think that her jeans will sell well, initially.  After that, who knows.  Sales will depend on B and the market):

Not a fan of the bejeweling/cutouts/laces.  They give me a Linda Richman (the original RHONY) vibe.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 12.28.19 PM.png

And I think that she missed the boat on the rise.  "super high rise"  a.k.a. "mom jeans without the front pleats" seem to be the fashion now.  This week, while improving my mind by watching "Fashion Squad" on E!, I was greatly relieved to see that the models (who generally wear tending styles) all wore high-waisted jeans:

jean trends.png

Thank God.  As a woman of 62 who mysteriously (!) grew a spare tire after hormones fled the scene, I've been pulling up my jeans and running tights (I wear them around the house, behind closed doors only) for the last five years or so.  If pants can't be anchored by my waist, they won't stay up, and plumber butt can happen.

Low rise look great on thin people.  But jeans that accentuate the waist are much more flattering for my fluffy sisters and me.  The cut is also more Spanx-friendly.

Edited by OldButHappy
Took several ties to get images placed correctly in text
  • Love 7

I kept my daughter home from school that morning to watch. I thought it would be a powerful and exciting moment in history for her to see. She was 8. 

The irony is, it was snowing in NC when we returned from FL, so school was cancelled, anyway.

That Beth regrets being able to watch victims jump to their deaths in person is beyond me.

Ya just know she refers to them as the fat jeans in her office right ? 

I bet she breaks out in a sweat when she sees the double-digits on the labels.

How long was the wrong price up on the site ? I mean,  no one noticed?? 

Yeah, so much for her being a super-duper marketing know-it-all genius. Then again, that was already proven to be a misnomer when she thought it was a good idea to have a women's apparel line named "Skinnygirl".

The thing is that if jeans are $10 more because of material then why do mens jeans cost so much less then women jeans?

Because on average, men's jeans don't require more material than women's jeans do - women have longer/same length legs, and bigger hips and butts, whereas men have longer waists and bigger frontal areas.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

With the caveat that I didn't/don't live in Manhattan, nor do I have anyone in my life who was directly impacted by the events of that day, I wasn't offended by either of BF's tweets in question.  I don't really even think that they were out of line.  I'm already aware that others don't agree, so I'll just back out of the room slowly.

Very close friend in the second tower and  very close with a young man who drove down immediately to help.  I'm not offended .

IMHO Bethenny meant (when she stated witness) the incredible bravery and heorism / courage many did not realize they even had.   

To think some tweeters thought she meant to see people dying is beyond sick

• Love 22

But that's the context of her tweet. To suggest it meant something else is to ignore what she actually wrote, and implies that she's incompetent with her words.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I disagree.  People weren't making sick assumptions, they were responding to her comment as written (because if Frankel  wanted to force her way down there to witness 9.11, one of the things she would have absolutely witnessed would have been people jumping to their deaths, to escape the fire.  Plus, her comment about the 9.11 jumpers themselves.) 

If she meant she didn't want to witness any of the human carnage that day,  perhaps she should have said so.  Or clarified her meaning for her fans.  This wasn't an on-the-fly tweet about housewifing hijinks; this one mattered.

And I think many of her fans expressed dismay clearly, and respectfully:

donna johnson‏ @donnajohnsonrn 22h22 hours ago

Replying to @Bethenny

My best friend & fellow Goldman Sachs RN was there to see & hear humans hitting the ground. She also worked the morgue for 2 wks. There r 0 words... I’m a loyal fan but this tweet was horribly worded. Perhaps, while ur still...grieving, u should hire a personal filter.

That last bit is good advice, imo; between the Mac Miller tweet and this, she should get off/hand over her social media for awhile.

@Happy Camper

Apparently she doesn't think she should fix it. 

She doesn't. I think that's her pattern;  she always refuses to be held accountable for her comments.  

For a woman who constantly nitpicks other people over the smallest word usage (I didn't email him) Bethenny Frankel never demands that level of clarity from herself. Maybe she should start applying her stringent standards to herself, especially when tweeting about a horrific, world-altering event.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, film noire said:

This wasn't an on-the-fly tweet about housewifing hijinks; this one mattered.

Important point. 

2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

If you look at the tweets, it's not just some tweeters, it's pretty much all of them. There are just a few defending her comments. Also on other message boards, almost all posters are disgusted  by her comments.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Important point. 

If you look at the tweets, it's not just some tweeters, it's pretty much all of them. There are just a few defending her comments. Also on other message boards, almost all posters are disgusted  by her comments.

I think the tweeters are just looking for something to bash her. I can't imagine anyone would truly believe she wanted to see people dying/ That's insane, right?

1 hour ago, jaync said:

But that's the context of her tweet. To suggest it meant something else is to ignore what she actually wrote, and implies that she's incompetent with her words.

I thought she implied what I said above " IMHO Bethenny meant (when she stated witness) the incredible bravery and heorism / courage many did not realize they even had"

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Important point. 

I think the tweeters are just looking for something to bash her. I can't imagine anyone would truly believe she wanted to see people dying/ That's insane, right?

Yes. It is insane that she posted this. That's why people are so upset with Bethenny.  She wanted to be part of the experience, making herself part of it, so that it wasn't just something that happened in the world, it actually would have involved her directly. She would have been a participant, not just hanging out in her gym and seeing it later on TV. She regrets that she didn't " force herself down there to really witness it." 

No one is looking for an excuse to bash her. Many of the people responding to her are her fans expressing their disappointment. People are just expressing their shock over her comments.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

Yes. It is insane that she posted this. That's why people are so upset with Bethenny.  She wanted to be part of the experience, making herself part of it, so that it wasn't just something that happened in the world, it actually would have involved her directly. She would have been a participant, not just hanging out in her gym and seeing it later on TV. She regrets that she didn't " force herself down there to really witness it." 

No one is looking for an excuse to bash her. Many of the people responding to her are her fans expressing their disappointment. People are just expressing their shock over her comments.

Really witness what? That's why IMO she meant  the incredible bravery and heorism of the people of New York  / courage many did not realize they even had.   

• Love 5