Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I don't understand why anyone would criticize Bethenny's relief work either.   I'm sure it's not coming from people in shelters who have nothing.     Anyone who thinks they can do a better job should go do it.

I appreciate her efforts—and everyone else's efforts—to help people in need. And the next time I'm displaced by a hurricane I will happily take a gift card and some tampons, lol. Even if you just have to evacuate to a safe place for a few days, it's expensive and exhausting. Forget about it if you have a damaged home and/or no place to go. Good on everyone helping. 

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

I appreciate her efforts—and everyone else's efforts—to help people in need. And the next time I'm displaced by a hurricane I will happily take a gift card and some tampons, lol. Even if you just have to evacuate to a safe place for a few days, it's expensive and exhausting. Forget about it if you have a damaged home and/or no place to go. Good on everyone helping. 

I think the call for tampons is a result of Hurricane Katrina. When the Superdome was used as a mass shelter - they were housing 10K. When the levees broke - the numbers soared to 20K. They did have a ration of food/water. Everything else - medication, hygiene supplies - it was whatever you had. I would recommend watching When The Levees Broke directed by Spike Lee. One of the evacuees who was at the Superdome and then moved to the Astrodome in Houston was interviewed - she goes into the deplorable conditions and the lack of organization on the relief effort that was in place then. She talked about the need for diapers, formula, feminine products not being available, the bathrooms not working, the smell, people getting sick.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think the call for tampons is a result of Hurricane Katrina. When the Superdome was used as a mass shelter - they were housing 10K. When the levees broke - the numbers soared to 20K. They did have a ration of food/water. Everything else - medication, hygiene supplies - it was whatever you had. I would recommend watching When The Levees Broke directed by Spike Lee. One of the evacuees who was at the Superdome and then moved to the Astrodome in Houston was interviewed - she goes into the deplorable conditions and the lack of organization on the relief effort that was in place then. She talked about the need for diapers, formula, feminine products not being available, the bathrooms not working, the smell, people getting sick.

Oh, yeah — I totally get the need, and I was totally serious about the gift card and the tampons, lol. I really didn't understand why anyone was questioning it, because shelters need things like that for the reasons you outlined (and Spike Lee highlighted). Every year people who have never been near a hurricane do a lot of armchair quarterbacking about how to evacuate, what to do, what people need, etc. But it's really a ton more complex than it seems, and every hour can seem like a day. (During Katrina I remember watching the Superdome on TV and telling my friends, "I would rather have a pap exam twice a day for the rest of my life than spend 5 minutes in there." It looked horrifying.)

It'll be interesting to see how B Strong progresses in the future. Clearly, the woman has many flaws, but I think B has a real passion for it and she's got the "I don't care if you think I'm obnoxious will you do it?" quality that makes her good at making things happen. It absolutely feeds her ego, but I also think she actually gives a shit. 

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

People rarely think of tampons et al or underwear or socks believe it or not. Plenty of pants and shirts. Please think of donating new socks and new underwear to your local shelters on the regular - but in disasters, I think they need $$ so larger organizations can coordinate the relief effort. I can't stand Bethenny any more (and those people in the red shirts don't look so impressed with her in that shelter photo), but I give her props for doing this outreach. I think it probably is the one thing in life she really get complete satisfaction from doing. (Besides Bryn). I don't care that she may hog the camera/social media over it. She also raises awareness while doing it and it encourages others to give. So all in all the benefit far outweighs any negatives.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

Oh, yeah — I totally get the need, and I was totally serious about the gift card and the tampons, lol. I really didn't understand why anyone was questioning it, because shelters need things like that for the reasons you outlined (and Spike Lee highlighted). Every year people who have never been near a hurricane do a lot of armchair quarterbacking about how to evacuate, what to do, what people need, etc. But it's really a ton more complex than it seems, and every hour can seem like a day. (During Katrina I remember watching the Superdome on TV and telling my friends, "I would rather have a pap exam twice a day for the rest of my life than spend 5 minutes in there." It looked horrifying.)

It'll be interesting to see how B Strong progresses in the future. Clearly, the woman has many flaws, but I think B has a real passion for it and she's got the "I don't care if you think I'm obnoxious will you do it?" quality that makes her good at making things happen. It absolutely feeds her ego, but I also think she actually gives a shit. 

It really is, and as Bethenny has learned every place that has been hit with a natural disaster is different with different needs. Logistics play a part too - where do we set up our "base" camp, where can we get to, where will we be allowed to enter, I'm sure the National Guard is there prohibiting people to enter certain areas. I'm sure there are roads/bridges that can not be crossed.

The news coverage is misleading as well. Where I am it looks like everything is under water, the water isn't receding. Have people been allowed to return home? What percentage of the people of the state are still elsewhere or in shelters? Who has power? Has the water system/pipe lines been affected?

I also think Bethenny gives a shit, this is a mission for her. She is a good spokesperson bringing awareness to cause.

• Love 15

I have a friend who volunteers pretty extensively with a food pantry in her area.  She is constantly posting about the need for toiletries and socks/underwear for their facility.  They obviously need and will take food, but, they seem to get those sorts of donations with much more regularity than toothpaste, deodorant, tampons, toilet paper and socks/underwear.  They're usually desperate for those items and they're the things people tend to forget about when they're putting together bags of stuff at the grocery store to donate.  

• Love 12

She is constantly posting about the need for toiletries

A couple of years ago, we actually did an event at work to collect toiletry items for the local shelter. The response was just insane! I think we completely filled at least 10 cars front and back with bags of soap, shampoo, toothpaste and so forth. On my way home I kept thinking if I get into a car accident the cops are going to wonder why I have all this stuff in my car! My friends living room was just packed as we worked to organize it all. It was awesome. You've reminded me its probably time to do it again!

I applaud Bethenny's efforts in PR and I hope she continues.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny's SkinnyGirl Jeans launch at Macy's

Luann, Sonja, and BarbaraK are there.

The 2 not there are on B's shit list

There are three missing HWs,  Ramona, Dorinda and Tinsley.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

That was not a very hip and happening video of the Macy's launch. None ofotthem looked very good in the jeans; they come across as pajamajeans. BF should invest in some dance moves lessons. 

Fiddle-Dee-Dee!

There was nothing wrong with the Macy's launch or Bethenny's two second dance moves.

Anyone who thinks they can do a better job of helping the hurricane victims should go do it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

It does seem like the shady people have come to roost at her doorstep, since she got ahold of the big bucks. Dennis Shields, this odd relief organization to name two. 

What is shady about this "odd relief organization"?

• Love 15

Fayetteville has been majorly affected in the aftermath of Florence. Cape Fear River in Fayetteville flooded, as did Little River to the immediate NW in Spring Lake. The flooding was worse than Matthew. My cousin lives in Cameron just past Spring Lake and she got some access to Spring Lake just today in the evening. Unsure about Fayetteville, but she had no access this morning. Some bridges/roads are still closed.

I mean, the evacuees in the shelters in Fayetteville didn't show up just to hang out. There were mandatory evacuations there.

Manna Church put up multiple videos of her and the pastor thanked her on all his social media accounts, so I think the church volunteers were just fine having her there. She also mentioned the church in her CNN interview, which never hurts.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

It does seem like the shady people have come to roost at her doorstep, since she got ahold of the big bucks. Dennis Shields, this odd relief organization to name two. 

You do know you're speaking ill of the beloved husband if Jill Shields, the love of her life who she is still grieving, right?

I sorta love how when he's fucking Bethenny, he's a loan shark scum shitstain of humanity, but once he's dead, he's Jill's beloved, the love of her life.

Is Jill Shields also to be judged for the shady fucker in her life?

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Not necessarily the organization itself, but Michael Capponi is kinda (really) shady.

I agree, his treatment of Brooke Biederman was beyond creepy -- plus Capponi has Andres Fanjul Jr (of the Big Sugar Fanjuls) sitting on the board of his org.  (These are the same Fanjuls who brought us Nico Fanjul, the bastard who beat up Tinsley.  I wonder if that's why Bethenny scare-quoted Mortimer's abuse in her Bravo blog  -- "Tinsley talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had" --maybe Capponi bent her ear with Fanjul-fueled bullshit?)  Among many (I'm sure) delightful pursuits, Fanjul loves to hunt (google his name and Big Drop Ranch and you'll find his repulsive gallery of "trophy" shots of deer and elk - I don't want to link to his cruelty here). 

So one charity partner hunts beautiful beasts, the other hounded a young woman  -- forgive me if I roll my eyes when Frankel praises Capponi as some world-class charity master compared to Dorinda's slightly powerful husband, who raised millions for humanitarian relief.

And she doesn't need either of these assholes, anyway -- she was doing well working directly with Delivering Good for Puerto Rico -- so why add Capponi's org as the middle man between her and Delivering Good?  (Delivering Good gave Capponi's org the 40 K to buy the gifts cards at Manna). 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Bethenny could have never done a thing to help anyone and people would probably have thought nothing of it, or, thought she was an unfeeling bitch.  Instead, she embraces the challenge of helping the victims of these catastrophes and she’s an unfeeling bitch who could have done more.  I don’t get it.  

I don't recall anyone here complaining that she should do more. Maybe I'm wrong.

I commend Bethenny for her relief efforts and getting aid to people who need it, but it doesn't change how I feel about her as a person. I still don't like her, and frankly, question her motives, but as long as people in need of assistance are benefiting and she's not doing anything illegal, It's all good.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't recall anyone here complaining that she should do more. Maybe I'm wrong.

Initially there were a number of posts about the things she should be doing for Texas/Florida.  The fact that she individually did not have a charitable org and was going through Dress for Success meant that only individuals that were part of that org were receiving help.

Then during the PR effort people were making jokes about the cash cards and thought she should be doing something else.  How can we forget that she was called a fucking monster for not rescuing all of the feral dogs on the island.

So there has been an undercurrent that what she is doing is not enough.  Certainly the fact that the principal of the charity that she is currently working is shady etc is a criticism.  She should work with someone else.  Help through someone that is shady is bad help or something.  Plenty of criticism for her efforts.  At least on the boards.  I really haven’t seen it on media and news.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

^^^ Yes to this.  Not to mention the implied criticism that Fayetteville is on the outskirts of the hurricane and she isn't in the thick of it.

I doubt very much that any of this shite matters to the people who are receiving help.  If I'm in dire straits, I'm accepting help from anyone who will give it, with thanks and gratitude.  

Ugh,... people.

Do you mean to tell me she didn't come with road crews and Ol' Bessie, the road paving machine from Cars? The nerve!

I guess the people criticizing don't realize that many people heeded the mandatory and voluntary evacuation orders, and ended up in safer places and shelters away from the worst impact of the storm, like Fayetteville. Not to mention many of the roads to the highest damaged areas are flooded and/or washed away, so not even Bethenny can get there. Let's be realistic. (a general statement, not directed at anyone in particular)

what can you do? Haters gonna hate (or if you watch Teen Mom, "Hattters" gonna hate)

• Love 17

Shouldn't  that be "Hatters gonna hat?" ;)

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Initially there were a number of posts about the things she should be doing for Texas/Florida.  The fact that she individually did not have a charitable org and was going through Dress for Success meant that only individuals that were part of that org were receiving help.

And she was giving away t-shirts with donations and where was the money going and she said she was first to PR and really wasn't and Michael Capponi is creepy so therefore the entire venture is now basically Bethenny endorsing sex crime and also some of the supplies being sent are tampons and she said tampons in an interview and people who say tampons out loud are really witches. 

I mean, Capponi knows Fanjul and Fanjul hunts deer, hunting deer is apparently a crime now (I'd best talk to various relatives apparently) and therefore this is all a cover for Bethenny's charity to murder wild animals....

I'll go back to something  I said previously. No one complaining or nitpicking Bethenny's charity efforts has been willing to commit to "It would be better if Bethenny did nothing" so I have to assume some good is coming from it and at least she's devoting her free time to something that nominally helps people.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

-----

I can't believe she fell for the "I only came here for you" flirtations of RSG. He was being kind and funny to a newly met woman and of course she's Frankel and can't read a room so she fell for it and got her bloomers in a wad when he really wasn't interested in her after all.

Apparently you missed the fact that they knew each other.

They met in Miami so she wasn't a "newly met woman." 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Certainly the fact that the principal of the charity that she is currently working is shady etc is a criticism.  She should work with someone else.  

It is absolutely a criticism;  Capponi is a #metoo creep with the added twist of having first put his 23 year old victim in a coma (an accident he piloted on his boat with her on board) and then harassed and hounded Biederman when she woke up with no memory of their secretive relationship. 

The bastard refused to accept a "go the fuck away" letter (delivered by Biederman's lawyer, she wanted so little contact with him) and in response,  Capponi put up a public Facebook page and posted private photos and information about their relationship, to "spur" her memory. Charming things like this (Caps all his, not mine):

"I vowed to you that I would never leave you no matter what and that is what I am doing. THIS IS WHAT YOU ASKED ME TO DO ON OUR LAST NIGHT TOGETHER. ON THE EVE OF THE ACCIDENT, I TOLD YOU AFTER WE PICKED OUR WEDDING DATE THAT I WOULD GO TO THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL TO FIND YOU IF WE WERE EVER SEPARATED.(Remember the movie we saw, What Dream's May Come.)"

The mission of BStrong is to help women in crisis, including women who have been abused or are going through terrible break-ups/divorces, and Frankel's main charity partner is now a man who hounded a woman recovering from a coma he put her in.  It's fine you have no problem with that, but I do.

I also think it's creepy she's working with an org that put a Fanjul on their board. That family has savaged migrant workers and has no business buying clean hands without making amends. Add in the shitheel killing animals for kicks and giggles, and "Global Empowerment Mission" can collectively go fuck itself.

It's one thing to take a fat check once from a corrupt or cruel man - that can be dicy, but needs must, etc -- but it's another to form a long term alliance with those kinds of people, especially since Frankel had other options.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Nope, didn't miss a thing. They met in Miami, soon after they went on the speed dating. Newly met (from Miami) when they were at the speed dating thing and he was being silly with his sweeping her off her feet romanticisms and she fell for it.  RSG dodged a skinny bullet.

No

• Love 1
2 hours ago, film noire said:

It is absolutely a criticism;  Capponi is a #metoo creep with the added twist of having first put his 23 year old victim in a coma (an accident he piloted on his boat with her on board) and then harassed and hounded Biederman when she woke up with no memory of their secretive relationship. 

The bastard refused to accept a "go the fuck away" letter (delivered by Biederman's lawyer, she wanted so little contact with him) and in response,  Capponi put up a public Facebook page and posted private photos and information about their relationship, to "spur" her memory. Charming things like this (Caps all his, not mine):

"I vowed to you that I would never leave you no matter what and that is what I am doing. THIS IS WHAT YOU ASKED ME TO DO ON OUR LAST NIGHT TOGETHER. ON THE EVE OF THE ACCIDENT, I TOLD YOU AFTER WE PICKED OUR WEDDING DATE THAT I WOULD GO TO THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL TO FIND YOU IF WE WERE EVER SEPARATED.(Remember the movie we saw, What Dream's May Come.)"

The mission of BStrong is to help women in crisis, including women who have been abused or are going through terrible break-ups/divorces, and Frankel's main charity partner is now a man who hounded a woman recovering from a coma he put her in.  It's fine you have no problem with that, but I do.

I also think it's creepy she's working with an org that put a Fanjul on their board. That family has savaged migrant workers and has no business buying clean hands without making amends. Add in the shitheel killing animals for kicks and giggles, and "Global Empowerment Mission" can collectively go fuck itself.

It's one thing to take a fat check once from a corrupt or cruel man - that can be dicy, but needs must, etc -- but it's another to form a long term alliance with those kinds of people, especially since Frankel had other options.

Whoa, this Capponi guy is freaking scary! What a creep! That facebook posting was psycho, after they sent a go away letter. Makes my skin crawl. 

I can't stand Adam but this guy is something else. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Whoa, this Capponi guy is freaking scary! What a creep! That facebook posting was psycho, after they sent a go away letter. Makes my skin crawl. 

I can't stand Adam but this guy is something else. 

20 years older than her and posting that on Facebook, not knowing that there is no apostrophe in What Dreams May Come, and an $800 a day heroin habit back in the 90's.

I won't knock his charitable endeavors, but I will shade the hell out of him.  

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

20 years older than her and posting that on Facebook, not knowing that there is no apostrophe in What Dreams May Come, and an $800 a day heroin habit back in the 90's.

I won't knock his charitable endeavors, but I will shade the hell out of him.  

Same goes for Adam. Don't like him at all but can't knock his Finca Santa Marta in Nicaragua. Good works. 

Nothing is completely black or white. Not so nice people can do good stuff. Good people can be shady at times. 

Bethenny, Michael, Adam, Carole, they each are multi layered. Don't have to hate everything about them, don't have to love everything about them. Not that simple. JMO.

• Love 13
On 9/17/2018 at 8:18 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Damn it! She was busy Friday. My ankle rolled and I did a spectacular face plant. A couple of my neighbors saw me. 

Sorry, late to the party.

It’s never too late to blame your woes on Bethenny

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

20 years older than her

Which I believe is less of a gap than Carole and Adam had and at last check, there's absolutely nothing wrong with older people dating younger people... or is there?

And until the accident (a genuine accident that was investigated and no one was arrested or charged with anything) the 23 year old woman in question was choosing to be in a relationship with this older man. What does that make her, choosing to be with the creep?

Don't get me wrong - I find his facebook  postings odd at best but he actually doesn't appear to be stalking her or threatening her and by all reports, she was actively dating him and keeping the relationship a secret from her folks, and he's actually been active in various charities for some time.

What's his crime and should all people, and not just Bethenny, be judged for working with him?

• Love 8

No, clearly Bethenny made him do it.  She made them date, she made him creepy, it's all her.  Then she went and and enticed the creeper to work with her.  She probably does some sort of voodoo magic to bring on these hurricanes in order to inflict her relief efforts on the public.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

That facebook posting was psycho, after they sent a go away letter.

....and on top of that (Dominick Dunne territory here) Brooke's mother & Brooke accused him of trying to kill her in that accident  -- information Capponi put on Facebook. (He posted that Brooke's mother "officially" told his attorneys that before Brooke went into the coma she said, "That schmuck tried to kill me.")

Capponi then inundated Brooke with "love" texts until the family lawyer/and mother warned him to stop or face legal action. And then off he went to Facebook, where he posted intimate texts from Brooke, 230 photos of them together (including Brooke in bed,  and in a hospital gown in an examining room + hints about a medical issue). Many of the photos weren't even his. They were stolen as screengrabs off her instagram account, before they were deleted from her account. He included private details, digs at her parents, photos of her best friend (who wanted nothing to do with him after the accident) and -- because the invasion of her privacy just wasn't complete -- a love poem and a card from Brooke (open so the message inside can be read). 

He's an awful human being, imo. His piloting put Brooke in The Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital for several months to learn how to walk and talk again -- she was that severely screwed up. And he lied about a DUI when applying for his boat insurance, so Biederman's exorbitant medical costs weren't covered by his policy. (The lawsuit Capponi brought against the insurers was settled confidentially, with each party paying their own legal costs.)  He's never taken responsiblity for harassing a woman (he claimed to love) trying to rebuild her body and brain. He never made amends, and has no intention of becoming a better man,  imo -- doing that would mean (at the very least) an apology, ownership of what he did, and the removal of that horrible Facebook album.

Why Frankel picked him, instead of staying with Delivering Good. is beyond me.

21 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

not knowing that there is no apostrophe in What Dreams May Come,

Nothing to make me laugh in this awful story, but you did it :) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10

I notice the suspicious lack of crowd shots at the Macy's SG jeans launch.  And this is what it says on Macy's website.

The wait is over! Skinnygirl Jeans by Bethenny Frankel have arrived in our New York Macy's Herald Square store for a limited time. You can't find them online at macys.com, but please take a minute to check out our Celebrity Pink jeans selection. We think you will love them too!

What is the story here?  Look for SG and get directed to Celebrity Pink?  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, smores said:

she made him creepy, it's all her.  

Ha!  -- no, Capponi did that all on his own -- but Bethenny is the one who knew about his horrible history with Biederman, and decided to partner with him anyway. She's responsible for that choice (and people are free to applaud/criticize her picking a man like Capponi to work with).  Since I doubt she'd be okay with an older man treating Bryn the way Brooke was treated (and that man being defended only because he's giving away gift cards/etc in a disaster) I find it very odd on her part.

I think she would've been better served working with Delivering Good; they did very well last year, they seemed to be on good standing (they gave her an award) and she'd be working directly with them, instead of Capponi's org as the middle-man. JMO.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:45 AM, SweetieDarling said:

.I don't recall anyone here complaining that she should do more. Maybe I'm wrong.

I commend Bethenny for her relief efforts and getting aid to people who need it, but it doesn't change how I feel about her as a person. I still don't like her, and frankly, question her motives, but as long as people in need of assistance are benefiting and she's not doing anything illegal, It's all good.

I agree I am glad she is helping. I also don't like her. If her need for attention, instead of real empathy, leads to assistance for those in need, so be it.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, weaver said:

I notice the suspicious lack of crowd shots at the Macy's SG jeans launch.  And this is what it says on Macy's website.

The wait is over! Skinnygirl Jeans by Bethenny Frankel have arrived in our New York Macy's Herald Square store for a limited time. You can't find them online at macys.com, but please take a minute to check out our Celebrity Pink jeans selection. We think you will love them too!

What is the story here?  Look for SG and get directed to Celebrity Pink?  

Assuming these are made offshore, I wonder if supply wasn't adequate, though I would think they would have delayed the launch if that were the case.  Either manufacturer let them down, sufficient quantities weren't ordered to begin with, or they are deliberately creating false demand.  To not have them available on their website initially is curious.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, smores said:

Bethenny is making a relative of mine date someone that I really, really dislike.  I need Bethenny to break the relationship up soon!

If your relative is a male, perhaps you could suggest he buy her some bedazzled SkinnyGirl jeans for Christmas, or just as a surprise gift. That might help.

Ooops! nevermind, I just read your other post. Maybe you could suggest SHE wear the jeans? 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Which I believe is less of a gap than Carole and Adam had and at last check, there's absolutely nothing wrong with older people dating younger people... or is there?

And until the accident (a genuine accident that was investigated and no one was arrested or charged with anything) the 23 year old woman in question was choosing to be in a relationship with this older man. What does that make her, choosing to be with the creep?

Don't get me wrong - I find his facebook  postings odd at best but he actually doesn't appear to be stalking her or threatening her and by all reports, she was actively dating him and keeping the relationship a secret from her folks, and he's actually been active in various charities for some time.

What's his crime and should all people, and not just Bethenny, be judged for working with him?

The age gap itself doesn't bother me. The invasive Facebook posting of personal photos from someone 20 years her senior does. That's all.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Assuming these are made offshore, I wonder if supply wasn't adequate, though I would think they would have delayed the launch if that were the case.  Either manufacturer let them down, sufficient quantities weren't ordered to begin with, or they are deliberately creating false demand.  To not have them available on their website initially is curious.

It seems as if this was somewhat of a soft launch.  They weren't available in any Macy's other than Herald Square.  Someone on her IG said she went into Herald Square at a later time and the sales staff were not aware of them.   It looks like a pop up in Macy's Herald Square to gauge future demand?  Odd.  They are mostly sold out on her website.  I don't think Khloe's jeans launched this way.  

• Love 6

Bethenny’s charity dealings and relief work is getting scrutinized because that is the nature of the beast. Charitable and philanthropic organizations are always under a magnifying glass, and for good reason (it can be really easy to exploit people who have dire needs, as is the case with the Oxfam scandal). St. Bethenny isn’t being singled out any more than any other organization.

Taking the tack that people should be grateful and therefore scrutiny is bad is just not something I can get with.

One of the many podcasts I subscribe to is Tiny Spark whose podcast description you can see below. 

5BB87921-8D8A-4415-A28D-C1459C81E84D.png

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My guess is that the supply that was available was pulled because it doesn’t fit properly (see above posts regarding how difficult it is to fit body-hugging clothing on extremely varied plus-size bodies).

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, weaver said:

It seems as if this was somewhat of a soft launch.  They weren't available in any Macy's other than Herald Square.  Someone on her IG said she went into Herald Square at a later time and the sales staff were not aware of them.   It looks like a pop up in Macy's Herald Square to gauge future demand?  Odd.  They are mostly sold out on her website.  I don't think Khloe's jeans launched this way.  

Well, possibly, but I think I remember her announcing the date for the launch several months ago?  Doesn't matter, I'm really not invested in it, lol.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, film noire said:

....and on top of that (Dominick Dunne territory here) Brooke's mother & Brooke accused him of trying to kill her in that accident  -- information Capponi put on Facebook. (He posted that Brooke's mother "officially" told his attorneys that before Brooke went into the coma she said, "That schmuck tried to kill me.")

Capponi then inundated Brooke with "love" texts until the family lawyer/and mother told him to stop, or they'd take legal action. And then off he went to Facebook, where he posted intimate texts from Brooke, 230 photos of them together (including one of Brooke in bed, and another of her in a hospital gown in an examining room, with hints about a medical condition). He included private details, digs at her parents, photos of her best friend (who wanted nothing to do with him after the accident) and -- because the invasion of her privacy just wasn't complete -- a love poem and a card from Brooke (open so the message inside can be read). 

He's an awful human being, imo. His piloting put Brooke in The Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital for several months to learn how to walk and talk again -- she was that severely screwed up. And he lied about a DUI when applying for his boat insurance, so Biederman's exorbitant medical costs weren't covered by his policy. (The lawsuit Capponi brought against the insurers was settled confidentially, with each party paying their own legal costs.)  He's never taken responsiblity for harassing a woman (he claimed to love) trying to rebuild her body and brain. He never made amends, and has no intention of becoming a better man,  imo -- doing that would mean (at the very least) an apology, ownership of what he did, and the removal of that horrible Facebook album

I guess this means Jason better never darken some charity's doorstep with his offer to help, lest all his past sins taint their efforts to assist people in crisis, too. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, film noire said:

He's never taken responsiblity for harassing a woman (he claimed to love) trying to rebuild her body and brain.

He's never actually been charged or arrested for harassing a woman. As for "claimed he loved"  - you also cite him posting love letters from her... was she lying? Was part of the crime the fact that a 40+ man was daring to date a 23 year old woman? Because no one claims she was coerced and no one claims the accident was an intentional act. 

My point is that he's being vilified for a crime no one is willing to actually attempt to hold him accountable for. And his crimes - you know, that he's never been charged or arrested for - are now an example of how Bethenny's charity associates with creepy people who commit crimes. If the girlfriend in question isn't pressing charges, why should Bethenny or society in general treat him like a convict? 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, bagger said:

It’s never too late to blame your woes on Bethenny

14 hours ago, smores said:

Bethenny is making a relative of mine date someone that I really, really dislike.  I need Bethenny to break the relationship up soon!

10 hours ago, smores said:

No, clearly Bethenny made him do it.  She made them date, she made him creepy, it's all her.  Then she went and and enticed the creeper to work with her.  She probably does some sort of voodoo magic to bring on these hurricanes in order to inflict her relief efforts on the public.

40421020_1027512700752071_20024856695446

OMG - look at that bare shoulder!

ldZmHUl.gif

• Love 7