Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

round-springfield19.png

Whoopsie Doodles, Ms Poodles!  You're right, and I was dazed and confused.

Captain &  Tenille = intraspecies lurve

Starland Vocal Band = Afternoon Delight.

I may be old & addled, but I can still remember the words to both ditties.  Hangs head in pseudo shame.  :-)

But if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Ah, but they made "afternoon delight" a thing long before it was called "coffee".

"My motto 's always been when it's right, it's right. Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night?"

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Until everyone starts wearing their gang colors in their avi’s, I’ll never have a clue who likes who.
We do know Carole does not like big handed Bethenny

6e1761aafd46d42990fd8bf5ceaf3323--cowboy

I'm wearing Bethenny Red.

9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wasn't Raccoon Dog Love a song The Captain and Tenille sang in the 70s?  Might have been Muskrat Love.  Never mind.

Muskrat Shaming!

8 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

So nice of you to share, KFB.  I guess that makes me ... polyamorous?  OK, I know that's code for a slut-whore, but I really don't care!

I'm PURPLE, and my avatar looks like fucking Barney, rather than the fierce T-Rex with ineffectual arms I was aiming for.  But I'm a ride-or-die grrrl, and will honor the poster who donated this pic (and instructions on how to create such an avatar-creature in the first place) forever.  Because unlike these ho'wives, I'm loyal to a fault.

We're gonna have to add muskrats to our circle of familiars.

Was it Bethenny of Carole who wore that Captain and Tenille outfit?

polyanimorous

• Love 9

I am not on instagram or twitter, but recently started following Bethenny on Facebook. She is organizing relief for the victims of Florence. She has also acknowledged Howives who have helped (including some from RHoBH), as well as some high profile names like Debra Messing, Katie Couric, Kelly Ripa, Christina Aguilera. Good on her. 

I then checked Carole's Twitter to see how she is spending her time. Three days ago she was still selling her clothing. Yesterday she posted "Another chill Sunday" with emojis of a dog and two cats. Well I guess at least she isn't posting seemingly stoned videos with Cassandra Grey, running down other women's accomplishments. BTW, had anyone ever heard of CG before either her husband died, or Carole declared her a BFF? Me neither. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 18

There's something to be said for being anonymously charitable.  Perhaps not everyone believes in the mindset that you need a posed photograph under your name in neon, to contribute.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 11

I saw Bethenny and Ana on the 100K Pyramid.

She was nervous but she did pretty well,

Both got to the winners circle.

Neither helped their team mate win 50K or 100K - both times it was the fault of the team mate - the clue they gave got beeped because it was too descriptive.

With Bethenny the answer was things you jump - and the clue she was given was a "hopscotch" board - hop and jump are synonyms.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Whoopsie Doodles, Ms Poodles!  You're right, and I was dazed and confused.

Captain &  Tenille = intraspecies lurve

Starland Vocal Band = Afternoon Delight.

I may be old & addled, but I can still remember the words to both ditties.  Hangs head in pseudo shame.  :-)

But if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Crosby, Stills & Nash, Taylor & Young.  I wish I had a dollar for every time I played that album.

• Love 4
On 9/15/2018 at 7:36 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

She is soliciting donations to a charity she created, one that she promotes using her personal status as a celebrity.   I'm not sure what's wrong with using a photo of herself to bring attention to a particular cause. 

She probably knows if she posted a picture of devastated hurricane victims, she would only be accused of exploiting them. Seems like she can't win no matter what she does.

She just caused me to burn my toast!  The monster!

I wish she would feed my damn kitties when they wake me up an hour before I am supposed to get up!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

So nice of you to share, KFB.  I guess that makes me ... polyamorous?  OK, I know that's code for a slut-whore, but I really don't care!

I'm PURPLE, and my avatar looks like fucking Barney, rather than the fierce T-Rex with ineffectual arms I was aiming for.  But I'm a ride-or-die grrrl, and will honor the poster who donated this pic (and instructions on how to create such an avatar-creature in the first place) forever.  Because unlike these ho'wives, I'm loyal to a fault.

We're gonna have to add muskrats to our circle of familiars.

Was it Bethenny or Carole who wore that Captain and Tenille outfit?

Now I have fucking Muskrat Love in my head!  NOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Crosby, Stills & Nash, Taylor & Young.  I wish I had a dollar for every time I played that album.

I know them, but never bought their records. Around that time, I wasn't even a teenager so I listened to what the grownups bought. I liked folk enough, and even started playing guitar at 8. I tended to go with other solo artists like Carole King, Carly Simon, James Taylor, & Harry Chapin. When I actually started using my own money I was a true soft rock/easy listening type; Barry Manilow, Eric Carmen, Simon & Garfunkel, Kenny Loggins, & Ray Charles because my dad was a professional jazz musician. When I started playing SAX in high school, I got exposed to more music and got hooked on some R & B and soul with many artists including Barry White. I went from that to DISCO because that was on trend. I'm really stretching my memory. I better rest.

• Love 5
On 9/17/2018 at 4:36 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Ah, no Taylor.  It was CSN, then Neil Young joined, quit, maybe re-joined for a bit, and quit again.  Stills and Young were in a Buffalo Springfield before this.

Edited by Mrs peel
Typo
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

there was no taylor

You're so right -- I stand corrected.  It was their Deja Vu album I was referring to.  :-)

1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Damn it! She was busy Friday. My ankle rolled and I did a spectacular face plant. A couple of my neighbors saw me. 

Sorry, late to the party.

So sorry to hear -- I hope you're okay!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am not on instagram or twitter, but recently started following Bethenny on Facebook. She is organizing relief for the victims of Florence. She has also acknowledged Howives who have helped (including some from RHoBH), as well as some high profile names like Debra Messing, Katie Couric, Kelly Ripa, Christina Aguilera. Good on her. 

I then checked Carole's Twitter to see how she is spending her time. Three days ago she was still selling her clothing. Yesterday she posted "Another chill Sunday" with emojis of a dog and two cats. Well I guess at least she isn't posting seemingly stoned videos with Cassandra Grey, running down other women's accomplishments. BTW, had anyone ever heard of CG before either her husband died, or Carole declared her a BFF? Me neither. 

I had, years before. I've said it either in Carole's thread or one of the episode threads, that I first started following Cassandra's company on IG, Violet Grey, not long after Carole joined the show. Carole had tagged the company in an IG post years ago, and that was also I how I learned of Cassandra Grey, who I followed shortly after learning that she and Carole were friends. That was six years ago. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Patience, @Mindthinkr. She will send a cute T-shirt in the meantime.  

Lol. I doubt she’ll make an appearance. Not enough big press for her here. The chef Jose Andrés is allegedly in town but I haven’t heard where. I suspect he’s up in the heavily flooded areas as our city is currently cut off from supplies and traffic unless it’s flown in. Gee Bethenny. Where’s Steve Harvey’s plane? Lol. Have to keep humor through this mess! 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Lol. I doubt she’ll make an appearance. Not enough big press for her here. The chef Jose Andrés is allegedly in town but I haven’t heard where. I suspect he’s up in the heavily flooded areas as our city is currently cut off from supplies and traffic unless it’s flown in. Gee Bethenny. Where’s Steve Harvey’s plane? Lol. Have to keep humor through this mess! 

So she’s done one trip to scope out logistics.  Sourced emergency lights.  Sourced kids toys/activities.  Is collecting for gift cards.  She noted they have one plane lined up and a second on standby.  But hey, if she doesn’t take pictures then none of this happened.

• Love 19
Just now, QuinnM said:

So she’s done one trip to scope out logistics.  Sourced emergency lights.  Sourced kids toys/activities.  Is collecting for gift cards.  She noted they have one plane lined up and a second on standby.  But hey, if she doesn’t take pictures then none of this happened.

She would make local news if she did come. I’ll let y’all know if she does. If I can I’ll go get a photo for y’all. This area has a lot of people badly effected by flooding and wind damage. 

• Love 11
On 9/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

20% is generally the biggest upcharge, when there is one.  Nearly double is right up there with calling your brand SkinnyGirl, then selling plus sizes under that name.  It's so tone deaf, you need a new phrase for tone deaf.

p.s.:  I'm beginning to think there is an attempt to allude to a penis in these damn crotches.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

1_30056173-KQ0_THE_HIGH_RISE_SKINNY_ANKLE_HUDSON_0023_1_ff2cf5f9-c7f3-4974-bb3e-3f0318b78d71_720x.jpg

Mrs. Countess Married-to-a-Man I’m-Someone’s-Wife LuAnn de Lesseps tone deaf?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5
On 9/8/2018 at 7:46 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Send them to the next hurricane zone with a gift card in each pocket.

Am I really that much older than y'all?

Brooke-Shields-Calvin-Klein-Ad-e1490631242310.jpg

Hmm...

She squandered a branding opportunity.

They should have distributed BethennyBucks cards that hurricane victims could redeem for Skinny Girl deli meat. 

Oh, wait...

They could redeem for Skinny Girl popcorn and Stevia. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She would make local news if she did come. I’ll let y’all know if she does. If I can I’ll go get a photo for y’all. This area has a lot of people badly effected by flooding and wind damage. 

She is headed to the airport to fly in.  It’s currently up in her insta stories.  So she has cash cards, solar lights, games/toys for kids, hygiene products and pet supplies.  So she’s going with ‘hygiene products’ instead of the honest truth which is tampons.  Check the local news for us.

• Love 13

Bethenny Frankel‏Verified account @Bethenny

Please thank @PetResqInc for donating both pet supplies & human hygiene supplies for the victims of Florence. Meeting them at tarmac now. Please give them love. Xoxo

6:53 AM - 19 Sep 2018

Bethenny Frankel‏Verified account @Bethenny 44m44 minutes ago

Please thank @BarbarasWay & @SolightD for donating solar lights for those in the wake of Florence’s wrath. Meeting them now at the airport to fill the plane.

• Love 9

Someone should have just told Bethenny to get female products at the local Costco. They have rows of it. It’s open but has a few Deputy’s around as there have been robberies. A local jewelry store lost their stock so security is being beefed up around town. I’ll be watching the noon news to see if BF has made it here. Oh, and solar lights will work real well under the water lol!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Someone should have just told Bethenny to get female products at the local Costco. They have rows of it. It’s open but has a few Deputy’s around as there have been robberies. A local jewelry store lost their stock so security is being beefed up around town. I’ll be watching the noon news to see if BF has made it here. Oh, and solar lights will work real well under the water lol!

Maybe you can post to her on Instagram and let her know what you think would be helpful to bring. It seems like she is working off of a list she has been given by some people on the ground, but perhaps your area needs different things? From what I've seen, I have no doubt she is receptive to any suggestions and is willing to help where she can via the generous people who are donating to her organization. 

I hope things get better in your area quickly! 

ETA: I applaud her, her employees, and all of the people and orgs who are doing their best to help. 

Edited by VioletHues
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, VioletHues said:

Maybe you can post to her on Instagram

I’m not on Instagram and am not going to open an account to try and get in touch with BF. 

There are all kinds of needs in this town. Different areas have different needs. Im sure she’ll hit home base with some. 

There’s a lot more helicopters flying about today. She’s probably having a tour as I write. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She is headed to the airport to fly in.  It’s currently up in her insta stories.  So she has cash cards, solar lights, games/toys for kids, hygiene products and pet supplies.  So she’s going with ‘hygiene products’ instead of the honest truth which is tampons.  Check the local news for us.

I think she explained that every relief effort is different. One of the reasons she provides the cash cards is so that people buy what they need - if it is possible and so the money spent goes right back into their economy. Solar lights because there's no electricity in many parts. Hygiene products, adult diapers, baby diapers - I think they'll provide to many of the shelters. Most people who are at shelters did not bring cases of these types of products when they evacuated to shelters.

This is a video from last week:

• Love 10
2 hours ago, VioletHues said:

Okay, wasn't trying to be rude.

It's gotten so strange on these boards, I'm out.

I didn’t think that you were being rude.

I apologize. I’m sorry if I came out as rude because that certainly wasn’t my intention. Trouble with posting sometimes is that people can’t hear your tone of voice or how you mean something when you say it. I just don’t do Facebook or Instagram because personally I don’t want my information out there and I also believe that she couldn’t give two hoots about what I think that my area needs or wants. I maybe wrong and in this case would certainly hope that I am. I like that she wants to help people and that she’s doing more than just opening her mouth. She is trying to help and all help at this time is appreciated. 

Please don’t leave us @VioletHues. Your opinions are important and count too. 

P.S. I watched the noon news and no mention of BF. I have the 24 hour local news station on in the background and am still listening for a mention of her. It might hit the later news. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added a P.S.
  • Love 10
On 9/18/2018 at 9:25 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Ok. I’m pissed. I just survived a hurricane in my backyard literally, flooding (still an issue) and a tornado in the past 5 days. Where are my SG jeans and $50 gift card? 

LOL (it's good to see you posting on the other side of this storm, MT!)

I apologize. I’m sorry if I came out as rude because that certainly wasn’t my intention.

For what it's worth, I don't think either of you were being rude ; )

Now, this is rude!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

P.S. I watched the noon news and no mention of BF. I have the 24 hour local news station on in the background and am still listening for a mention of her. It might hit the later news. 

She’s at a shelter.  The Manna church. 

• Love 10

I watched her videos, in one of them, you can see a box that is marked toothpaste, so it's clear she isn't flying in with a plane full of just tampons.  I honestly don't get the backlash and criticism of her with the relief work.  Where are people flipping out at the pet rescue groups for not bringing toys for kids?  Or food for people?  They have focused missions and no one seems to mind that.  Bethenny is coming in, on a first trip, with cash cards, solar lights, stuff to occupy kids in shelters and some hygiene products.  Given her previous efforts, it seems likely she'll be back with more targeted relief, but why get mad at what she has now?

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, smores said:

I watched her videos, in one of them, you can see a box that is marked toothpaste, so it's clear she isn't flying in with a plane full of just tampons.  I honestly don't get the backlash and criticism of her with the relief work.  Where are people flipping out at the pet rescue groups for not bringing toys for kids?  Or food for people?  They have focused missions and no one seems to mind that.  Bethenny is coming in, on a first trip, with cash cards, solar lights, stuff to occupy kids in shelters and some hygiene products.  Given her previous efforts, it seems likely she'll be back with more targeted relief, but why get mad at what she has now?

I don't understand why anyone would criticize Bethenny's relief work either.   I'm sure it's not coming from people in shelters who have nothing.     Anyone who thinks they can do a better job should go do it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 18

She was on CNN. The Manna Church Facebook posted the segment.

They also posted a couple of other videos of her handing out stuff. And there is another video of them having a little birthday party for a 13-year-old evacuee - nothing to do with Bethenny but I thought I should mention it because it was so sweet.

• Love 11