Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Good for her, for telling Bethenny to fuck off. I've been wondering why it's taken so long for somebody to say it, bc I don't find her appealing AT ALL. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/videos/your-first-look-at-rhony-season-10-is-here

Oh, this looks good.  I'm happy.   Does Carole not realize that you can be launched through a windshield in NYC as easily as anywhere else if you have a moron behind the wheel and you're not wearing a seatbelt?  NYC, bring it.

• Love 2

More chum in the water! Carole's done with Frankel:

"....Multiple sources reveal in the new issue of Us Weekly that the author, 54, has ended her much-discussed friendship with Real Housewives of New York City costar Bethenny Frankel.

One source says the pair grew apart last summer as Carole trained for the New York City Marathon and Bethenny, 47, focused on her B Strong charity, then “things turned acrimonious while filming.” The main sticking point, says another insider, was that Carole began sticking up for castmate Tinsley Mortimer."

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhony-stars-bethenny-frankel-carole-radziwills-friendship-is-over/

At this rate, Frankel might actually welcome  Jill Zarin returning (lips puckered and reporting for duty, ready to kiss Frankel's ass  -- at least for one season, anyway  ; )

The one time I found Carole bearable last season was on that double-date with Tinsley. That segment felt like they were all doing something they'd choose to do,  even if the cameras weren't there.   Whether that was genuine or not,  it was a fun respite from the negativity Frankel scatters everywhere whenever Bethy the Bully comes out to play. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

Not gonna lie: I think Tinsley has had a far more positive effect on Carole and been a much more supportive friend to her than Bethenny has been. I'm guessing Tins and Carole have far more in common and have better suited personalities as well. Plus, I doubt Tinsley would as subtly snark on Carole in her talking heads as Beth has(making cutting comments about Carole's apartment, her relationship, being boring/unevolved, etc...). I also definitely think Beth always has a problem with most new Housewives who join the show, especially the younger/prettier ones(just like how she sparred with Kristen, Heather, the Asian/Jewish gal, etc.)---you can tell she was seething inside watching Carole and Tinsley getting closer and it bothered her to notice her influence on Carole gradually diminishing. 

I'm always bummed out when two established friends on these shows have a falling out, but it's almost inevitable with Beth that she eventually loses her onscreen bestie after a while. I honestly wonder if she even knows how to have a true friend at this point.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, film noire said:

The one time I found Carole bearable last season was on that double-date with Tinsley. That segment felt like they were all doing something they'd choose to do,  even if the cameras weren't there.   Whether that was genuine or not,  it was a fun respite from the negativity Frankel scatters everywhere whenever Bethy the Bully comes out to play. 

Heather and Carole's friendship was like that, easy/natural/mutually supportive/fun, IMO, Carole changed when Bethenny came back and not for the better, we saw more of her aggressive traits far too often when she/Bethenny were besties.

• Love 13

I thought they were fine as friends because at least Carole isn't dumb, but I can't imagine it lasting very long. Carole has very little drive and a brand of laziness that I think would get on any type A personality's nerves. I would have been surprised by a long-lasting close friendship between her and Heather as well. If Lord Lettuce was annoyed by it, I think almost anyone would be. If she really is getting close to Tinsley, that makes a lot more sense to me. And she'll get to be the smart friend in that duo. Carole and Tinsley have a lot more in common, imo. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I wonder if the two longstanding friendships she's had (Terri in FL and Kyle in CA) only lasted because they live in different states. 

Haha.  Good thought.  The only face-to-face relationship that she's been successful with to date is Cookie.

• Love 9

Bethenny tweets today that Brynn wants her to adopt a 3yo sister from an orphanage in the Hamptons . 

?????

Then I rolled my eyes and sputtered how self how insanely narcissistic this bitch is because she’s getting the response she wanted , attention and being told to do it (adopt) because she is SUCH a great mom. All the boxes ticked for a Bethenny getting stroked when what the reality is IS she is probs considering pet. There are ORPHANAGES in Hamptons ? And it marginalizes real children who need homes. Who calls them orphanages anymore ? 

I hate her . 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think you qualify as an orphan in the Hamptons if you have fewer than three nannies.

LOL!  (And a trust fund under ten million -- "I had to pull myself up by my Gucci bootstraps!")

• Love 12
18 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL!  (And a trust fund under ten million -- "I had to pull myself up by my Gucci bootstraps!")

Hahahahaha exactly ! For someone who says she didn’t have parents she might be a little more sensitive about actual orphans. Or homeless people, or people lost at sea, or people who fuck everyone .... LOL

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Hahahahaha exactly ! For someone who says she didn’t have parents she might be a little more sensitive about actual orphans. Or homeless people, or people lost at sea, or people who fuck everyone .... LOL

Or... people that basically aren't her ?  ^_^

• Love 5

With all the women out there falsely accusing men of rape, thank god Frankel is on the job to defend the real victims:

Bethenny Frankel‏Verified account @Bethenny

FollowFollow @Bethenny

I’ve just read many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape. The women bending the truth drown out the voices of the women who really need to be heard now and forever.

11:42 AM - 28 Jan 2018

Yep. That's the real problem the world is facing:  women falsely accusing men of rape.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, film noire said:

With all the women out there falsely accusing men of rape, thank god Frankel is on the job to defend the real victims:

Bethenny Frankel‏Verified account @Bethenny

FollowFollow @Bethenny

I’ve just read many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape. The women bending the truth drown out the voices of the women who really need to be heard now and forever.

11:42 AM - 28 Jan 2018

Yep. That's the real problem the world is facing:  women falsely accusing men of rape.

Maybe Bethenny will hash tag the situation with something earth shaking like #he said she said.  B Strong, B Real. It's a crisis.

• Love 5

I'm not sure I see what's so wrong with what she is saying. Given how some people discredit rape victims by pointing to fake accusations (which is a horrible thing for those people to do), she is just pointing out that those women aren't helping the cause. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

B Strong, B Real. 

B Lying.  

It's a sickening & shitty thing to say  (and ignorant when it comes to the facts.  The real lie is that many women routinely falsely accuse men of rape.  She's promoting the idea that this rarest of events (2 - 5 percent at most) is common enough to justify saying "many stories of women" instead of focusing on the many cases of rape (98 - 95 percent) that actually exist. Way to B There for women, Frankel.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

Considering how much weight is given to that 2 to 5%, and how much people exploit those numbers, she might not be that off with what she is saying. Especially this part:

The women bending the truth drown out the voices of the women who really need to be heard now and forever.

The sad part is that we live in a society where there is some truth to what she is saying, not that she is saying it.

Also, many could mean lots of things. It could mean a dozen at most. I doubt she read thousands of such stories.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6

What Bethenny said was:

I’ve just read many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape.

That is not Bethenny stating many women lie about rape but that she has just read many stories about women making false accusations of rape. That is very very different than "women routinely lie about rape" - which Bethenny did not say in this tweet.

If 2 to 5% of women reporting rape are false claims, then yes, in our current society where a rape claim destroys lives, that 2 to 5% percent of those ruined lives are due to false allegations IS a problem. The sad reality is that "Women NEVER lie about rape" isn't a true statement and accusations of rape do have to be investigated.

And BBHN, you're making a good point. When women make false claims, it makes it harder for every women with a legitimate claim who comes after her to get justice.

• Love 8

3 hours ago, film noire said:

The real lie is that many women routinely falsely accuse men of rape.

This is a complete and total misrepresentation of what Bethenny said.

To begin with she never used the word "routinely" at all.  Putting this word in her mouth to suggest she claimed women routinely lie is an egregiously unfair re-writing of her statement.    

And her use of the word "many" was clearly related to the number of stories she read. The word was not being used to describe the number of women who have been dishonest in their accusations of assault. 

The idea that there are simply not enough false allegations to even add up to "many" stories is an extremely subjective opinion. To some people "many" may be five, to someone else it may mean a hundred. Either way, given that Bethenny does not specify how many stories she actually read, I don't see how anyone could conclude that her use of the word "many" was unjustified.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

Bethenny saying many stories sounded to me as is she was loosely quantifying that a number of women falsely accusing men of rape.  Not how much she reads or what she reads.  It is not necessarily a newsworthy situation and by making a statement, which I believe was Bethenny trying do, is once again master the obvious.  Falsely accusing someone of a crime it does damage our entire justice system.  Rape is one of the few crimes where the victim's credibility is questioned.  Given Bethenny's history of seriously dating a man accused of rape in his college years it seems a little self serving.  Bethenny has every right to defend anyone or anything she wants and can be derided for her stance.  

It was such a random tweet-was it in response to anything?  Or was it a stand alone comment?  

• Love 6

Bethenny saying many stories sounded to me as is she was loosely quantifying that a number of women falsely accusing men of rape.  Not how much she reads or what she reads. 

Her exact phrase was "I’ve just read many stories". I'm not sure exactly how much quantifying could be extrapolated from what she said.

It is not necessarily a newsworthy situation and by making a statement, which I believe was Bethenny trying do, is once again master the obvious. 

Maybe what she said needed to be said, of only to remind certain people and certain segments of society.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5

Maybe the many stories she read about false rape allegations were all the tabloid reports about the alleged rapist she dated years back and his repeated protests that he was falsely accused.  

I don't follow Bethennys Twitter on the regular was there any follow up from last week ish when she was adopting a sister for Brynn from the orphanage in the Hamptons? Yeah. The orphanage that doesn't exist . 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, BBHN said:

Her exact phrase was "I’ve just read many stories". I'm not sure exactly how much quantifying could be extrapolated from what she said.

Maybe what she said needed to be said, of only to remind certain people and certain segments of society.

I have read a story, a few stories, a couple of stories, I have read many stories, seem to be indicative of how vested one is in  the situation.  Quantifying is not the same as exact.  

3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Maybe the many stories she read about false rape allegations were all the tabloid reports about the alleged rapist she dated years back and his repeated protests that he was falsely accused.  

I don't follow Bethennys Twitter on the regular was there any follow up from last week ish when she was adopting a sister for Brynn from the orphanage in the Hamptons? Yeah. The orphanage that doesn't exist . 

I didn't get the point of her tweet and maybe wrongly assumed she was responding to someone about rape.  I can't imagine anyone relying on Bethenny's expertise regarding rape but she is entitled to her opinion.  It reminds me of my bitchy neighbor, Darlene who through her church participates in a community food bank.   She is always mentioning the many people who are on food assistance who are abusing the system and driving Cadillacs.  Of course Darlene, the volunteer, thinks nothing of divvying up a chunk of the donations from Trader Joe's and other kind donors to her wealthy friends before the donations ever reach the food bank.   She is entitled to steal though because she is a volunteer.  We stopped telling Darlene that many people really need the food and by disparaging the class with accusations of abuse of the system she is not helping the cause.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I have read a story, a few stories, a couple of stories, I have read many stories, seem to be indicative of how vested one is in  the situation.  Quantifying is not the same as exact.  

I didn't get the point of her tweet and maybe wrongly assumed she was responding to someone about rape.  I can't imagine anyone relying on Bethenny's expertise regarding rape but she is entitled to her opinion.  It reminds me of my bitchy neighbor, Darlene who through her church participates in a community food bank.   She is always mentioning the many people who are on food assistance who are abusing the system and driving Cadillacs.  Of course Darlene, the volunteer, thinks nothing of divvying up a chunk of the donations from Trader Joe's and other kind donors to her wealthy friends before the donations ever reach the food bank.   She is entitled to steal though because she is a volunteer.  We stopped telling Darlene that many people really need the food and by disparaging the class with accusations of abuse of the system she is not helping the cause.

That's deplorable.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

.  It reminds me of my bitchy neighbor, Darlene who through her church participates in a community food bank.   She is always mentioning the many people who are on food assistance who are abusing the system and driving Cadillacs.  Of course Darlene, the volunteer, thinks nothing of divvying up a chunk of the donations from Trader Joe's and other kind donors to her wealthy friends before the donations ever reach the food bank.  

If you know this to be a fact perhaps you should alert both her pastor and the food bank personnel.

• Love 6
Just now, SCS said:

If you know this to be a fact perhaps you should alert both her pastor and the food bank personnel.

I know it is a fact and my husband told one of the business owners of a bakery who donated day old wonderful French breads and pastries, The owner now delivers the food.  His objection was not only was she stealing from the poor but she was dipping into his customer base by passing around his products.  His thanks for notifying the church of the thievery was a very nasty phone call from Darlene who advised him she was under the impression it was the volunteer's pay for gathering and distributing.   So much for charity for the poor.  Essentially if she were a paid employee she would be reprimanded or fired but since she is a volunteer she is exempt.  Not my rule, not my reasoning.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

His thanks for notifying the church of the thievery was a very nasty phone call from Darlene who advised him she was under the impression it was the volunteer's pay for gathering and distributing.

Well, then the church leaders are delinquent in their role if they know a member of the congregation is behaving in this manner and allowing it to continue. Disturbing, it is.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Essentially if she were a paid employee she would be reprimanded or fired but since she is a volunteer she is exempt.

Ah.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SCS said:

Well, then the church leaders are delinquent in their role if they know a member of the congregation is behaving in this manner and allowing it to continue. Disturbing, it is.

Ah.

I agree.  I wanted a full on SWAT team and search warrant served on her house.  They way I found out was through her housekeeper- who I have known for years through our community gardenproject.  Apparently, pickings are so good she bought an additional freezer and ask the housekeeper if she would lower her weekly rate in exchange for food.  Trader Joe's -who is beyond generous donates tons of stuff including things like beef tenderloin roasts, steaks, good cheese, the salad kits, when they still have a couple of days on them.  The housekeeper told me there were at least four tenderloin roasts, tons of steaks and organic chickens in the freezer.  Our community garden stopped donating to her food bank.  We do a monthly give away and a weekly donation to a homeless shelter.  Good will triumph over evil.  ;-))

• Love 11

I am absolutely positive she was posting something cute that her seven year old said to her.  Kids say silly sweet things like this all the time - we used to pester my mom to get a little sister from the local Indian reservation. My mom thought it was hilarious, and would probably find it hilarious to think when repeating this story that anyone ever really thought she would head down to the local Indian reservation (that didn't exist locally, we lived in NY) and actually adopt a child.

• Love 5

I am absolutely positive she was posting something cute that her seven year old said to her.  Kids say silly sweet things like this all the time - we used to pester my mom to get a little sister from the local Indian reservation.

Yes, that is exactly what it was.  Brynn had this great idea that they could adopt a three year old little sister at an orphanage in the Hamptons.  But you can make it a really mean and stupid thing that Bethenny said because that’s reasonable too.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Yes, that is exactly what it was.  Brynn had this great idea that they could adopt a three year old little sister at an orphanage in the Hamptons.  But you can make it a really mean and stupid thing that Bethenny said because that’s reasonable too.

Or maybe Bethenny should not  repeat it.  Bethenny also wanted to adopt some abandoned child that made the news.  Bethenny could not pass the background check with her incessant crap with Jason.  Not cute or clever worse is she promising/encouraging this child  she can have siblings. Sounds like she is trying to trump Jason. First it was how Bryn bonded with the Shield kids now adoption.   Shut it down.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Or maybe Bethenny should not  repeat it.  Bethenny also wanted to adopt some abandoned child that made the news.  Bethenny could not pass the background check with her incessant crap with Jason.  Not cute or clever worse is she promising/encouraging this child  she can have siblings. Sounds like she is trying to trump Jason. First it was how Bryn bonded with the Shield kids now adoption.   Shut it down.

I follow her on social but never saw this promising/encouraging post you’re referencing.  She just passed on something cute that happened with her kid.  That’s what you do on social media.  There are millions of people out there repeating things their kids say.  If you have a problem with Bethenny then you must hate Busy Philips.  OMG, that account for Mayhem, of paper dress fame?  Dang that’s the devil right there.  OMG, how could I forget the sweet baby Joey?  All of these instagram Moms are just dragging their children out there to piss off their arch nemesis.  Today Bethenny asked if there was like a BOGO with the tooth fairy if two teeth come out at the same time.  So she is so cheap she won’t even leave two $5 bills for Brynn’s teeth?  See, I can make anything seem terrible.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I follow her on social but never saw this promising/encouraging post you’re referencing.  She just passed on something cute that happened with her kid.  That’s what you do on social media.  There are millions of people out there repeating things their kids say.  If you have a problem with Bethenny then you must hate Busy Philips.  OMG, that account for Mayhem, of paper dress fame?  Dang that’s the devil right there.  OMG, how could I forget the sweet baby Joey?  All of these instagram Moms are just dragging their children out there to piss off their arch nemesis.  Today Bethenny asked if there was like a BOGO with the tooth fairy if two teeth come out at the same time.  So she is so cheap she won’t even leave two $5 bills for Brynn’s teeth?  See, I can make anything seem terrible.  

When Bethenny posted this on her SM, did she say that this came from Bryn or did she make it seem like it came from her? I suspect that Bethenny leaves things out intentionally to keep people checking her SM accounts and keep them talking about her. Which is not a bad idea but it can come back and bite her in the butt, especially ones involving Bryn. 

• Love 3

Bethenny Frankel‏Verified account @Bethenny Mar 16

More

My daughter has requested that we adopt a 3 year old sister today in the Hamptons at an orphanage. So, if you have any ideas...it feels like this could be a busy weekend after all.

This is what she posted - she clearly said it came from Bryn. 

Me? I think she posted the kid saying something cute but I'm open to any grand conspiracy theory.

• Love 5

In other news -

The new city apartment appears to be taupe and lots of woods.  The dogs have those fancy, look like furniture crates in a laundry room that is bigger than most NYC apartments.  Lots of sectionals in the football size living room making separate seating areas.  There hasn’t been a big reveal so I’m thinking it will either be on RHONY or there is a magazine spread coming up that has an exclusive.

Now this weekend they are in the Hamptons and she did show the new spa that was installed last fall.  Pretty fabulous looking.  It’s like a spa that is also a water feature with light, jets that are almost fountains, spill over edge.  Very cool.

7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Me? I think she posted the kid saying something cute but I'm open to any grand conspiracy theory

Wow, I don’t know.  That clearly looks like she’s calling Jason a bad father. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

This is what she posted - she clearly said it came from Bryn. 

Me? I think she posted the kid saying something cute but I'm open to any grand conspiracy theory.

Thanks, I don't remember seeing it. Yes, she is clear Bryn said it but I still stand by my comment that Bethenny posts a lot of things knowing she will get negative feedback because she believes in the old adage, as long as they are still talking about her. LOL

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I looked thru the comments - it was all pro adoption and "kids say the cutest things" so if the plan was to get negative feedback, I would have to say "Myth Busted!" :)

It might not have been with this post but it is with other posts. Bethenny knows how to play the SM game, she is a master at it. 

• Love 2

But it still isn't quantifying since she gives no clear indication how she defines "many". Half of a dozen could be many to some people. To others, it could mean hundreds.

Today Bethenny asked if there was like a BOGO with the tooth fairy if two teeth come out at the same time.  So she is so cheap she won’t even leave two $5 bills for Brynn’s teeth?  See, I can make anything seem terrible.  

I looked thru the comments - it was all pro adoption and "kids say the cutest things" so if the plan was to get negative feedback, I would have to say "Myth Busted!" :)

593.gif

that Bethenny posts a lot of things knowing she will get negative feedback because she believes in the old adage, as long as they are still talking about her.

It might not have been with this post but it is with other posts. Bethenny knows how to play the SM game, she is a master at it. 

She seems to have people who loathe and despise her following her every word on social media, so she does seem to know how to play that game.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I get that kids ask for siblings-just like Bryn asked for a puppy and got two.  I find Bethenny to be quite deliberate when she tweets and she owns it claiming to be a master of marketing and branding.  I just can't with her being the mom sharing cute kid stories when she insists on exposing her child to custody battles.

Here is something Bethenny tweeted:

I would have reacted the same way as @erikajayne with “pretend amnesia,” and I wouldn’t apologize. Zero Fucks. Zero Chance.”

For all the lovely comments she received about Bryn anf two teeth in one day, her Twitter friends didn't care for this tweet.  Or this one:

I love you @lisarinna but this new chick is no baby dolphin. She is giving @doritkemsley1 a shit-stirring run for her $.

Of course this after requesting people recommend TV shows as she hadn't turned her TV on in months.  Funny how she chose to watch RHOBH-oh wait she was on RHOBH.  All in all it is interesting to get Bethenny's perspective on other RH shows.

• Love 3

I just can't with her being the mom sharing cute kid stories when she insists on exposing her child to custody battles.

I didn't realize seeking custody was a form of child abuse. Perhaps Jason could argue this when he seeks sole custody?

Loving your kid, finding your kid amusing, sharing cute stories about your kid etc is not necessarily in opposition to having a custody battle. It seems to indicate Bethenny likes having her kid around.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I didn't realize seeking custody was a form of child abuse. Perhaps Jason could argue this when he seeks sole custody?

Loving your kid, finding your kid amusing, sharing cute stories about your kid etc is not necessarily in opposition to having a custody battle. It seems to indicate Bethenny likes having her kid around.

I never used the word abuse nor is there anything in my statement that remotely indicates child abuse.  

Sometimes parents need to love themselves less and love their children more.  Custody battles, and especially repeated ones leave an impression with a child.

From what was reported in court it seems Jason is fine with the current custody arrangement.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 3/31/2018 at 11:00 AM, zoeysmom said:

I never used the word abuse nor is there anything in my statement that remotely indicates child abuse.  

Nothing at all -- but fuggetaboutit!  -- come sit by the rest of us gearing up to have fun this season (I'll bring the cocktails: )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
On 3/31/2018 at 11:00 AM, zoeysmom said:

Sometimes parents need to love themselves less and love their children more. 

I agree with this but I think Beth is so FULL of self-loathing, that she couldn't love herself any less.

The saying that applies to her in this regard is:  "You need to love your child more than you hate your ex."

Looking forward to Thursday night.

• Love 4

It's easy to say that a parent should put the kid first and not take the other one to court out of consideration for the kids.  Or that Jason is fine with the way custody is, etc.  But, that doesn't mean that we have the whole picture.  I mean, I'm sure there are some pretty abusive fathers out there who have custody who are also fine with the arrangement as is.  NOTE: I am NOT suggesting that Jason is abusing Brynn.  Also, as a child of divorced parents, there were a lot of court battles over things, my crazy mom though my father should have to kick in the whopping $25/week he was ordered to pay to support us (and, hey! that amount was to cover health insurance too!).  He was absolutely with the way things were, ie, him not paying it.  

• Love 3