Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, jaync said:

That JAW - no fucking way she didn't have plastic surgery on that thing. She'd have to inject a gallon's worth of Botox on a monthly basis to get and maintain the drastic difference between her old and current face.

If you've seen masseter muscle botox, it really does soften the jawline like that. I don't think she had the jaw shaving surgery because she's not out of the limelight or off social media long enough to really recover from a surgery and us not know it.

https://www.shahfacialplastics.com/procedures/masseter-reduction

• Love 3

Ok, I’m just going to speak from personal and professional experience.  For some people who have dealt with a loved one being sick over a long time, their death can seem more like a relief than a grief-stricken life event.  This can be from cancer, dementia, etc.  Jill knew it was coming. He had been dealing with this for a couple of years. Honestly, you are just relieved that they are no longer in pain, bedridden, etc.  It is also just a personal relief because now you feel free again.  And the horrible thing is that people don’t talk about it because they know other people will judge them for feeling that way. It is the dirty secret in the hospice crowd.  So, Jill might have been fully cognizant of what she was doing by allowing Bravo’s cameras to film.  She might not have agreed because she was so grief-stricken that she couldn’t comprehend what was actually happening. 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Ok, I’m just going to speak from personal and professional experience.  For some people who have dealt with a loved one being sick over a long time, their death can seem more like a relief than a grief-stricken life event.  This can be from cancer, dementia, etc.  Jill knew it was coming. He had been dealing with this for a couple of years. Honestly, you are just relieved that they are no longer in pain, bedridden, etc.  It is also just a personal relief because now you feel free again.  And the horrible thing is that people don’t talk about it because they know other people will judge them for feeling that way. It is the dirty secret in the hospice crowd.  So, Jill might have been fully cognizant of what she was doing by allowing Bravo’s cameras to film.  She might not have agreed because she was so grief-stricken that she couldn’t comprehend what was actually happening. 

I disagree. Having gone through this as a family member and as a working care giver, no matter how long someone battles a disease like cancer, their death never feels like "relief" for their spouse or their children. No matter how hard you try to prepare, their death is still unexpected and hard. One can logically rationalize that the person is no longer in pain/suffering but the loss of that person is painful none the less. It is still a horribly painful reality to wake up and realize that the person is no longer there. And given that Bobby fought his illness up until the end, speaks that they weren't ready to concede that his death was eminent.  

As a care giver, nonfamily, one is able to rationalize the persons death much easier than immediate family. As for Jill's thought process after Bobby died, who knows, as none of us know her beyond the show. While it is always possible that she knew what she was doing, clearly knew, it is also possible that she didn't and no one in her family had the heart to argue with her about it. Many times family members go into auto drive and do/say/agree to things without thinking them through first.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree. Having gone through this as a family member and as a working care giver, no matter how long someone battles a disease like cancer, their death never feels like "relief" for their spouse or their children. No matter how hard you try to prepare, their death is still unexpected and hard. One can logically rationalize that the person is no longer in pain/suffering but the loss of that person is painful none the less. It is still a horribly painful reality to wake up and realize that the person is no longer there. And given that Bobby fought his illness up until the end, speaks that they weren't ready to concede that his death was eminent.  

As a care giver, nonfamily, one is able to rationalize the persons death much easier than immediate family. As for Jill's thought process after Bobby died, who knows, as none of us know her beyond the show. While it is always possible that she knew what she was doing, clearly knew, it is also possible that she didn't and no one in her family had the heart to argue with her about it. Many times family members go into auto drive and do/say/agree to things without thinking them through first.

And that’s your experience. I’m just giving my experience having gone through it personally and also having family members speak to me from 10+ years of working hospice, home health, and nursing homes.  Yes, they were sad but they also felt at peace. They knew their loved one was in a better place but they also got some of their life back. It is completely possible that people deal with the loss of a loved one in different ways. I’m just trying to give a different perspective on it that hadn’t been voiced. Neither one is wrong. They are just different. 

• Love 20

And that’s your experience. I’m just giving my experience having gone through it personally and also having family members speak to me from 10+ years of working hospice, home health, and nursing homes.  Yes, they were sad but they also felt at peace. They knew their loved one was in a better place but they also got some of their life back. It is completely possible that people deal with the loss of a loved one in different ways. I’m just trying to give a different perspective on it that hadn’t been voiced. Neither one is wrong. They are just different. 

Very, very true.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

For some people who have dealt with a loved one being sick over a long time, their death can seem more like a relief than a grief-stricken life event. 

True, but (even though I think Jill Zarin is the worst to ever hold an apple in her hands) I don't doubt that Bobby's death was a grief-stricken event for her.  I think she's likely devastated by the loss.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

In situations like this, you can feel both grief-stricken and devastated at the loss, and at the same time, still feel relieved, for the person who has passed away and for your yourself. It isn't mutually exclusive for everyone.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

In situations like this, you can feel both grief-stricken and devastated at the loss, and at the same time, still feel relieved

Perhaps, but  @diadochokinesis comment  had to do with feeling relieved instead of grief stricken ("their death can seem more like a relief than a grief-stricken life event") not relieved AND grief-stricken. 

I think it's often true that people can go the relief-not-grief route, but I don't think that's likely true for Jill Zarin.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1

Since none of us really know how bad Bobby's last days were, or even his last year was, it's hard to say where exactly Jill falls in the grief vs relief or both spectrum.

As much as I despise Jill, I can't fault her for the recent trip she took during Bobby's last days. Cancer can, in it's own way, take a huge toll on the family of those stricken, so I can't really begrudge her for taking a day or two off and living as normal a life as she could have.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

In situations like this, you can feel both grief-stricken and devastated at the loss, and at the same time, still feel relieved, for the person who has passed away and for your yourself. It isn't mutually exclusive for everyone.

In Carole's book What Remains she acknowledges the strain she felt as her husband was losing his battle with cancer. She admits to feeling a sort of relief when it was over, even though she was greatly aggrieved at losing him.

I think mixed emotions in such situations are much more common than people feel free to admit. But I don't think the stereotypical harried widow who comes unglued and starts doing strange things and acting inappropriately is that common at all. I certainly don't think the stereotype applies to Jill Zarin.

Jill had to deal with Bobby's cancer over a period of several years. While few people are really ever truly prepared to lose someone they love, I don't think this was something that took Jill by surprise and knocked her for a loop and sent her reeling into left field exhibiting extremely poor judgment or bizarre behavior.  If she were doing strange things completely out of character I might think differently . But we're talking about Jill who craves the spotlight more than life itself, managing to land herself in front of a camera. Her opting to allow cameras (outside) at Bobby's service is not surprising to me in the least, and in no way seem like  a symptom of some kind of psychological distress or impaired judgment brought on by Bobby's death. It's just Jill being Jill, nothing more.

40 minutes ago, BBHN said:

4 minutes ago, film noire said:

Perhaps, but  @diadochokinesis comment  had to do with feeling relieved instead of grief stricken --  "their death can seem more like a relief than a grief-stricken life event" -- not relieved AND grief-stricken. 

I think this is splitting some pretty fine frog hairs, if I may say so.

I believe it was clear that Diadochokines was making a comparison between the potential degrees of two emotional states one might experience relative to each other and she was  not suggesting it is the "either/or" situation you suggest she meant. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, film noire said:

@diadochokinesis

I think it's often true that people can go the relief-not-grief route, but I don't think that's likely true for Jill Zarin.

I don't think anyone is saying some people go the  "relief not grief" route. I think people are suggesting that it is possible to experience a measure of relief when someone dies even though you're still in grief over losing them. Mixed emotions. That's what people are referring to.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, BBHN said:

Cancer can, in it's own way, take a huge toll on the family of those stricken,

Yes - it's a brutal fucking battlefield (out of 20 people in my extended family's 1995 Christmas photo, five of us survive). And I think it's true that people often feel relief versus grief (especially after a very long battle - and Diadochokinesis is right, that reaction is a "dirty secret" - I had family members who felt guilty about not feeling grief-ridden) but I just don't think that's Jill's take on it. 

As much as I despise Jill,

At last, WE ARE IN PERFECT AGREEMENT ON A TOPIC! : )

gif fireworks.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Many times family members go into auto drive and do/say/agree to things without thinking them through first.

That's also true (oh no, it's one of THOSE moments -- you're both right! DEAR GOD HELP ME! :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, film noire said:

Perhaps, but  @diadochokinesis comment  had to do with feeling relieved instead of grief stricken ("their death can seem more like a relief than a grief-stricken life event") not relieved AND grief-stricken. 

I didn’t mean it as an either/or statement.  I was using “grief-stricken” as more the literal breakdown, unable to get out of bed, shattering, world has fallen apart level of emotion.  I wasn’t completely clear in that.  Obviously she is grieving the loss of her spouse and best friend but was it necessarily to that level?  Possibly not.  She knew it was coming whether it be conscious or unconscious. 

3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

In Carole's book What Remains she acknowledges the strain she felt as her husband was losing his battle with cancer. She admits to feeling a sort of relief when it was over, even though she was greatly aggrieved at losing him.

I think mixed emotions in such situations are much more common than people feel free to admit. But I don't think the stereotypical harried widow who comes unglued and starts doing strange things and acting inappropriately is that common at all. I certainly don't think the stereotype applies to Jill Zarin.

Jill had to deal with Bobby's cancer over a period of several years. While few people are really ever truly prepared to lose someone they love, I don't think this was something that took Jill by surprise and knocked her for a loop and sent her reeling into left field exhibiting extremely poor judgment or bizarre behavior.  If she were doing strange things completely out of character I might think differently . But we're talking about Jill who craves the spotlight more than life itself, managing to land herself in front of a camera. Her opting to allow cameras (outside) at Bobby's service is not surprising to me in the least, and in no way seem like  a symptom of some kind of psychological distress or impaired judgment brought on by Bobby's death. It's just Jill being Jill, nothing more.

I think this is splitting some pretty fine frog hairs, if I may say so.

I believe it was clear that Diadochokines was making a comparison between the potential degrees of two emotional states one might experience relative to each other and she was  not suggesting it is the "either/or" situation you suggest she meant. 

Exactly and yes, I didn’t intend for it to be taken as an either/or situation.  You can grieve and feel relief.  However, not all people grieve to the level that it has been suggested (incapable of rational decision-making process)—especially when dealing with a long disease process such as Bobby’s cancer. 

3 hours ago, film noire said:

Yes - it's a brutal fucking battlefield (out of 20 people in my extended family's 1995 Christmas photo, five of us survive). And I think it's true that people often feel relief-not-grief (especially after a very long battle - and Diadochokinesis is right, that reaction is a "dirty secret" - I had family members who felt guilty about not feeling grief-ridden) but I just don't think that's Jill's take on it. 

At last, WE ARE IN PERFECT AGREEMENT ON A TOPIC! : )

gif fireworks.gif

It is one of the worst things to me that it is a dirty secret.  People fear what other people will think or say about them and they think they are monsters for feeling relief. More people need to be open about it and normalize those feelings. You can be upset and sad about the loss of a loved one yet feel relief that they are no longer in pain, bedridden, relying on a feeding tube, etc. You can feel relief that your life is no longer revolving around someone else’s dr appointments, ER visits, home health visits, etc.

• Love 12
On 1/30/2018 at 5:53 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I was using “grief-stricken” as more the literal breakdown, unable to get out of bed, shattering, world has fallen apart level of emotion.  I wasn’t completely clear in that.   

Sorry, misunderstood  --  I haven't done hospice work (so this is just my own experience) but I think there's a lot of punitive shit (guilt, shame, feeling inhuman) associated with anyone feeling relief instead of/and/or sorrow/grief/etc, and so people keep their mouths shut and nobody knows they're allowed to feel a range of things, including something no Hallmark condolence card exists to address. But if it helps you heal, it's all good, imo.

People fear what other people will think or say about them and they think they are monsters for feeling relief.

More people need to be open about it and normalize those feelings. 

Yes Yes. Yes. 

You can feel relief that your life is no longer revolving around someone else’s dr appointments, ER visits, home health visits, etc.

I think that's the hardest - because not wanting somebody to suffer more treatment usually gets affirmed  (who doesn't understand wanting a loved one to not have to go through chemo again?) but there's also the framework of it all - the work-a-day side of serious illness that can be achingly hard -- relief at that ending makes people often feel small and selfish, and it's not.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I didn’t mean it as an either/or statement.  I was using “grief-stricken” as more the literal breakdown, unable to get out of bed, shattering, world has fallen apart level of emotion.  I wasn’t completely clear in that.  Obviously she is grieving the loss of her spouse and best friend but was it necessarily to that level?  Possibly not.  She knew it was coming whether it be conscious or unconscious. 

Exactly and yes, I didn’t intend for it to be taken as an either/or situation.  You can grieve and feel relief.  However, not all people grieve to the level that it has been suggested (incapable of rational decision-making process)—especially when dealing with a long disease process such as Bobby’s cancer. 

It is one of the worst things to me that it is a dirty secret.  People fear what other people will think or say about them and they think they are monsters for feeling relief. More people need to be open about it and normalize those feelings. You can be upset and sad about the loss of a loved one yet feel relief that they are no longer in pain, bedridden, relying on a feeding tube, etc. You can feel relief that your life is no longer revolving around someone else’s dr appointments, ER visits, home health visits, etc.

Ok, I think you and I are closer than we thought initially. I wasn't referring to someone taking to their beds right after someone dies from a long illness because I haven't seen that in anyone, even those that have someone die unexpectedly like my Dad did. Just about everyone I know goes into auto drive, they get things done but have little memory about doing it after the funeral, the falling apart seems to happen, with those I personally know, after the funeral. 

5 minutes ago, film noire said:

Sorry I misunderstood  --  I haven't done hospice work (so this is just my own experience) but I think there's a lot of punitive shit (guilt, shame, feeling inhuman) associated with anyone feeling relief instead of sorrow/grief/etc.  But if it helps you heal, it's all good, imo.

Yes Yes. Yes. 

I think that's the hardest - because not wanting somebody to suffer more treatment usually gets affirmed  (who doesn't understand wanting a loved one to not have to go through chemo again?) but there's also the framework of it all - the work-a-day side of serious illness that can be achingly hard -- relief at that ending makes people often feel small and selfish, and it's not.

Not having that routine, Dr.s appointments, treatments, people coming to the house daily/going to the hospital, whatever their daily routine was, to a quiet house is usually a relief AND a painful reminder that the person is gone. It is a double sided sword.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, film noire said:

Sorry I misunderstood  --  I haven't done hospice work (so this is just my own experience) but I think there's a lot of punitive shit (guilt, shame, feeling inhuman) associated with anyone feeling relief instead of sorrow/grief/etc, and so people keep their mouths shut and nobody knows they're allowed to feel a range of things, including something no Hallmark condolence card exists to address. But if it helps you heal, it's all good, imo.

Yes Yes. Yes. 

And people will have no problem contributing that.  I had a friend who just lost her mom about 2 months ago to lung cancer. It was years and experimental drug trials.  It was ROUGH. So, my friend is obviously sad about losing her mom but she’s relieved and made a post on FB about how unexpected it was that she felt that way and some of her friends started hating on her.  Making statements about how they would have given anything to have those months to say goodbye, she shouldn’t feel relief, etc.  It was awful. I try to come from a place of kindness (although it is really hard with Dorit). 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Of course there are feelings of relief when suffering ends. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I haven't seen that in anyone, even those that have someone die unexpectedly like my Dad did. J

Sorry you lost your dad suddenly, WW.

Not having that routine, Dr.s appointments, treatments, people coming to the house daily/going to the hospital, whatever their daily routine was, to a quiet house is usually a relief AND a painful reminder that the person is gone. It is a double sided sword.

It is - and that's  a big part of why I think Jill is going to work Bethenny with every con-man bone in her tennis-ready body. It's a very long day and empty life without Bobby Zarin around, and she has all the time in the world to play the trustworthy & evolved woman who just wants to be on the show to support her friend.  Blech.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

So, my friend is obviously sad about losing her mom but she’s relieved and made a post on FB about how unexpected it was that she felt that way and some of her friends started hating on her.  Making statements about how they would have given anything to have those months to say goodbye, she shouldn’t feel relief, etc.  

That's horrible -- her friends are monsters. 

I try to come from a place of kindness (although it is really hard with Dorit). 

Ha! :) 

~"These are the wrong wine glasses for the wake, PK."

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

Sorry you lost your dad suddenly, WW.

It is - and that's  a big part of why I think Jill is going to work Bethenny with every con-man bone in her tennis-ready body. It's a very long day and empty life without Bobby Zarin around, and she has all the time in the world to play the trustworthy & evolved woman who just wants to be on the show to support her friend.  Blech.

Jill is going from a very busy house, before Bobby died, to a very empty home with a lot of empty/lonely time on her hands. It will be a hard adjustment for her and I can see her looking to become the focus somewhere, anywhere, including wanting to be back on the show. 

Jill may think/hope that she/Bethenny are fine but I really doubt Bethenny feels that way. 

Thanks, I lost both my parents rather abruptly, they had just ordered hospice for Mom, we thought we had months before she passed but she was gone before the hospice paperwork was completed. As much as I miss them both, I see them dancing together, clear as a bell in my mind and that brings me joy.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I love this so much. Because, yes, it is a dirty little secret. The rush of relief you can sometimes feel that the end has come. Because not knowing how the end will come or what it will be like is brutal. Not knowing how much longer the suffering will go on. Just how bad the pain might eventually become for someone that you love. The not knowing and having zero control over it all. Of course the grief is still there and overwhelming, but now you know how the story ends and you don't have to see all that pain and fear. 

• Love 8

disagree. Having gone through this as a family member and as a working care giver, no matter how long someone battles a disease like cancer, their death never feels like "relief" for their spouse or their children.

No offense, but while I do respect how you may have personally felt when a loved one passed, that you felt x, y, and z does not all people feel exactly as you did. Having gone thru this as a family member and a care giver, when my father passed away in August, I won't lie, his death was indeed a relief because after months of circling around the inevitable, the idea that he was going to linger on essentially comatose for years was a nightmare, His death was a relief. You really don't have the right to say "their death never feels like relief for their spouse or their children".

Frankly. I will give Jill many plus points for her devotion to Bobby, and in her recent appearances and interviews, she has not appeared unhinged and insensible from grief. I even secretly suspect that Bobby would probably be pleased that his precious Jill was getting the attention she craves again.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I even secretly suspect that Bobby would probably be pleased that his precious Jill was getting the attention she craves again.

I agree. The thing that Jill was truly blessed with (IMO) was unconditional love from Bobby. I think he saw all her warts and flaws, and just loved her to death anyway. He wanted her to have what she wanted. 

I admit, more shocking than allowing the funeral to be filmed (or small parts of people coming and going/reconciliations) is the virtual love letter she posted to Bethenny on Twitter. That she took the time to put together a collage of photos of Bethenny with her family. She has only posted a handful of things on Twitter since Bobby passed, but this is a thing that seemed important to her in her time of grief. Not a collage of photos of her family with Bobby, or of her with Bobby, but of Bethenny with her family. I am not judging her one way or the other, it was simply very surprising to me. 

• Love 8

Had Jill not wanted to be filmed, the cars could have been ready outside before she stepped out of the synagogue. She could then have just been rushed out and  whisked away.

She has a long conversation with Marla Maples before she speaks to Bethenny

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Had Jill not wanted to be filmed, the cars could have been ready outside before she stepped out of the synagogue. She could then have just been rushed out and  whisked away.

She has a long conversation with Marla Maples before she speaks to Bethenny

It's hard to tell how long Jill talked to MM because the footage is so choppy but it didn't look like it was long at all. I don't think this is the Bravo footage but is poparazzie footage instead.

2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

No offense, but while I do respect how you may have personally felt when a loved one passed, that you felt x, y, and z does not all people feel exactly as you did. Having gone thru this as a family member and a care giver, when my father passed away in August, I won't lie, his death was indeed a relief because after months of circling around the inevitable, the idea that he was going to linger on essentially comatose for years was a nightmare, His death was a relief. You really don't have the right to say "their death never feels like relief for their spouse or their children".

Frankly. I will give Jill many plus points for her devotion to Bobby, and in her recent appearances and interviews, she has not appeared unhinged and insensible from grief. I even secretly suspect that Bobby would probably be pleased that his precious Jill was getting the attention she craves again.

I guess I worded that badly, I didn't mean that there isn't some feeling of relief but that relief doesn't negate the grief one feels as well. IMO, the grief is stronger, especially in the first week(s) after a person dies. I am sorry for your loss. 

• Love 1

Y'all are way off-topic.  Stick to discussing Bethenney in this thread and take the other conversations (Jill's state of mind, anecdotes about loved ones passing, etc) to the appropriate thread(s), please!

18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny spending time with Jill and doesn't object to Jill returning to the show:  https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jill-zarin-bethenny-frankel-made-up-amid-bobby-zarins-passing/  Time is something Bethenny doesn't have a lot- a very thoughtful thing to do.

This article also says that Bethenny has been there for Jill more than any other HW even though Jill was quoted saying that Ramona was that HW. So, I'm not sure how much of this article we can believe. I hope that they can get past what happened years ago but I don't see Bethenny being that forgiving of Jill.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Two quotes from the article:

"Jill....is considering a return to the Bravo series. “Bethenny told Jill that she’s welcome back on the show and they have been in discussions about it.” 

We all saw that coming -- but maybe it's bullshit, because I don't think Frankel believes this:

"She also realizes that what she went through with Jill pales in comparison to what other Housewives have put her through …"

Who else came close to what Zarin pulled on Frankel?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Not a collage of photos of her family with Bobby, or of her with Bobby, but of Bethenny with her family. 

I think Zarin posted that collage mostly to soften Bethenny up ("See what we used to have? You  -- who have no close family -- in the bosom of my family?" kind of thing). Frankel is her key back to the show and (eta) Bethenny not having family (outside Bryn) is Frankel's biggest Achilles heel, imo.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

I don't think she had the jaw shaving surgery because she's not out of the limelight or off social media long enough to really recover from a surgery and us not know it.

I don't think her jaw was shaved, just that she had something permanent inserted. If she had surgery before returning to the show - when she wouldn't have been in the spotlight - then a week or two absence for recovery time wouldn't have been that noticeable.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

It's hard to tell how long Jill talked to MM because the footage is so choppy but it didn't look like it was long at all. I don't think this is the Bravo footage but is poparazzie footage instead.

I guess I worded that badly, I didn't mean that there isn't some feeling of relief but that relief doesn't negate the grief one feels as well. IMO, the grief is stronger, especially in the first week(s) after a person dies. I am sorry for your loss. 

Looked like an 8 second interaction with Marla, and then Jill turned away and moved on to other people.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Ok, so she is moving to a larger office space.  Her current personal assistant is being promoted to a brand manager or something like that.  (This comes from Insta stories). So PageSix saw her advertising for a new PA.  And like I said, she might be the only RHONY that pays her assistant.

https://pagesix.com/2018/02/03/want-to-work-for-bethenny-frankel-dont-plan-on-sleeping/

I do believe there are many RH who pay for their help and assistants.  I cringed when Bethenny thought working for her rivaled a business degree.  Get the degree.

• Love 3

I do believe there are many RH who pay for their help and assistants.  I cringed when Bethenny thought working for her rivaled a business degree.  Get the degree.

That’s why I said RHONY.  I’m talking about the Sonja’s and Ramona’s of the world. Plus a lot of folks do get a degree after they have a job. Business degrees are good but you still don’t make the money until you have real world experience. So this is just another way of getting there. Her last PA is now a brand manager. That’s a nice promotion. 

• Love 8

Oli Coleman has clearly never worked as an assistant to an NYC celeb if he thinks anything in that listing sounds unusual, but my guess is they were just going for the clickbait headline. Gotta get those pageviews.

Edited by Otherkate
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I cringed when Bethenny thought working for her rivaled a business degree.  Get the degree.

I think a top-notch reference and demonstrated ability to produce in a highly stressful,  competitive environment count for a lot when it comes to getting your foot in the door at certain places. Many employers are more impressed by your work track record than they are by school transcripts. 

• Love 6