Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, film noire said:

Let me break it down for you (I'm serving breakfast cocktails for this journey, should you want them! :)

@bichonblitz  said Frankel was lying about being single -- since Frankel was seen in Miami with Shield's hand inches from Bethenny's pudenda (not a position most of us associate with  a befuddled poolside "OMG, I have no idea who DAT guy is with his hand there" -- more of a "Oh wait, I dated him for two years AND AM STILL DATING HIM").

Out of that, a rebutting of Bichon's point arose, based on "single" only equating to the opposite of being "married".

But Frankel herself does not equate "single" only with that. She clearly (in the link I provIded)  equates "single" with dating -  so Bichon was right by Frankel's own terms.

And the lie Bichon is wondering about is whether Frankel - despite her protestations -- is actually dating Shields (and therefore not, by Frankel's own stated standards, "Single"). 

NEED ANOTHER BLOODY MARY?

AVOCADO BREAKFAST TOAST?

HAND MASSAGE BEFORE WORK?

And then  @WireWrap (Ola, WW!) weighed in & suggested that Frankel (because no naif is Wirewrap) has an odd pattern of saying she's not dating Dennis when RHoNY is filming, but always seems to end up dating him as soon as filming ends.

And then the White Walkers breached the wall and all the cinnamon toast was ruined.

That clear? ; )

Way back in 2009 when Bethenny first came on the scene she was all about snagging the guy and getting married.  Once fame hit it seems she has become more interested in be chased, surrenders for a brief amount of time and then moves on .  It seems with all her business interests and daughter she may not have time to devote to a partner.  Add to the fact she wants people to change-her words not mine.  I find her dating, her carefully placed tabloid sightings a little stale.  I know she became an expert in relationships and wrote a book about it but I find her to be fairly immature when it comes to her dating life.  The original concept for her spin-off was a show about her dating, instead it was about why she should not get or be married.  It always feels like high school, "is she going steady?" or "Bethenny was seen with so and so at such and such a place in her bikini",  the story then continues with the guy's credentials and reference to Hoppy and now Shields.

So when I read she is single, I assume it means she is not in a committed relationship.  This Shields relationship has gotten a little silly with her prattling on about how they were friends for 27 years.  They knew each other, they did not spend time together-you cant have it both ways about how close and running in the same circle and then say you just only knew his wife to say "hi".  I would think his wife and five children were probably a big part of his life.  I am curious if Dennis moves on and starts dating, where this friendship will go.  

As to the show, Bethenny claims playing out her love life on camera has traditionally not worked out for her.  There is some irony in the fact she is all about being real, because she just isn't.  I would like to think as a viewer the Bravo platform is more than just another form of exposure for Bethenny and her ever growing empire.  Or in the alternative she not run around and bust people for not revealing the depths of their personal life on reality TV.  It would seem some of the others might have their own reasons for not putting it out there.   

• Love 5
On 2/6/2018 at 7:17 AM, WireWrap said:

Is the regular season done filming? LOL Typical Bethenny, she refuses to admit she is involved with a guy during filming so that she doesn't have to share her real life while she exposes the others real lives. 

Wasn't he in a couple of episodes last season? Or the season before? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I find her dating, her carefully placed tabloid sightings a little stale.

Sorry, but this is just funny to me. She can be photographed one time with a guy, and pages of analysis can follow. Which seems like the opposite of stale. It seems like folks (not just here, but on other sites) are beyond fascinated with each every move she makes in her personal life. I honestly doubt that she finds it half as fascinating as we do. 

• Love 5

So they are still filming.  You can see it on the social media feeds.  Also there was another man not 3 weeks ago briefly appearing in the background on a ski trip.  The Miami trip didn’t include Dennis until the afternoon of the last day.  It was just Bethenny and Bryn.  No man when they checked in.  Ice Cream Museum etc kind of thing for two days and then a pool day when she had that swimsuit on.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Shields was briefly in 1 episode and Bethenny claimed they were only "friends", were no longer dating. Well, that is until filming was over then they were back to "dating" each other. LOL 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Sorry, but this is just funny to me. She can be photographed one time with a guy, and pages of analysis can follow. Which seems like the opposite of stale. It seems like folks (not just here, but on other sites) are beyond fascinated with each every move she makes in her personal life. I honestly doubt that she finds it half as fascinating as we do. 

For me at least, it isn't that I care about who she is dating or even that she is dating other than she says 1 thing while doing the opposite. When she first came back, she claimed she wasn't dating anyone when in fact she was dating MC, had been for months and she/Shields "break up" during filming then get back together when filming ends all while claiming she is open on the show about her life when she isn't.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Shields was briefly in 1 episode and Bethenny claimed they were only "friends", were no longer dating. Well, that is until filming was over then they were back to "dating" each other. LOL 

It's all "meh" to me. She has talked about being conflicted about relationships on the show. Clearly there are complexities in this relationship. As someone else mentioned, Dennis is still married. And no matter how much we ponder it all, no one knows what is going on there. I would not expect for Bethenny to trot out all of this stuff on the show. It doesn't just impact her; it impacts him and his family. She has had him on the show, she is photographed with him occasionally. It's not like they secretly got married and she is keeping it from the viewing public. I don't think it is nearly as nefarious as some might assume. 

ETA: not to mention, they are still filming. We have zero idea what, if anything, she has to say about the current state of their relationship on the show this season. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 3

Yeah, I'm surprised when even the people who loathe her seem so invested in her. You'd think she was the director of SPECTRE, not a reality TV star/F&B entrepreneur.

In any case, it's good to know of who is currently porking Bethenny.

It's not like they secretly got married and she is keeping it from the viewing public.

That's working out very well for Kenya on RHOA...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

She just mentioned dating Dennis and not many other guys in that new show with Frederik. 

I'm still not seeing the issue, so I'm bowing out.

I'm with you. Or as Kyle would say "tits on an ant". 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

It is stale because she keeps doing the same thing over and over.  For the most part Bethenny works hard to keep herself in the news-it is her marketing.  I get repetition is a marketing style but when it comes to relationships with a woman pushing 50 there are just so many bikini shots with the hunk or clunk of the week that are interesting.  If she isn't being "spotted" she is taking selfies.  I find it hard to believe with all her money that she spends so much time at hotel poolsides or at public beaches.  

• Love 3

It is stale because she keeps doing the same thing over and over.

If it was stale, the media and people online wouldn't keep commenting about it over and over.

I get repetition is a marketing style but when it comes to relationships with a woman pushing 50 there are just so many bikini shots with the hunk or clunk of the week that are interesting.

What does her being 50 have to do with it?

If she isn't being "spotted" she is taking selfies.

But nobody is being forced to look at her selfies.

I find it hard to believe with all her money that she spends so much time at hotel poolsides or at public beaches.  

Some rich people like to occasionally mix with hoi polloi. Also, even the most exclusive hotels have pools...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, BBHN said:

If it was stale, the media and people online wouldn't keep commenting about it over and over.

What does her being 50 have to do with it?

But nobody is being forced to look at her selfies.

Some rich people like to occasionally mix with hoi polloi. Also, even the most exclusive hotels have pools...

To me it is stale, same thing over and over.  Have you watched cable news lately?  They run the same stories and same topics over and over just switching out the anchors and commentators.  Not all publicity or posting comments are necessarily a good thing.  I don't buy her products or her books so running the same thing over and over isn't really changing my mind.  I am probably not going to change my mind.  I don't go looking for  the latest Bethenny Frankel bikini photos.  I come on here see some link click on it and if it is Bethenny in a bikini-close it.  

I find a woman nearing 50 shouldn't act like she is Taylor Swift.   Her relationships have become banal.  I find her publicity seeking immature, staged and verging on phony.  Just like I find her constantly talking about genitals,  it is tired, immature, unprofessional and totally lacking in class.   People are more than welcome to drool over her latest man or her latest bikini photo.

Bethenny is the one saying she only dates billionaires with private jets.  Most of people in that league or A List celebs value their privacy over cheesy publicity.  Most exclusive hotels have gone the way of private pools-like the one Bethenny had in St. Barth's.  From my perspective she values publicity over privacy.

• Love 6

It is stale because she keeps doing the same thing over and over.  

When your PR strategy has even people who hate your guts tracking every mention of you in the press and stalking your social media, why change your approach? Stale or not, it's obviously working. 

I get repetition is a marketing style but when it comes to relationships with a woman pushing 50 there are just so many bikini shots with the hunk or clunk of the week that are interesting. 

Ooohhh, be careful girl ... you're heading into dangerous territory ! 

I gotta say, I've never perceived there is a lack of interest in those bikini shots. They keep landing in the press and they are linked and posted here constantly (often to rave reviews even from some of Beth's harshest critics, I might add). I think you might be in the minority with this opinion that bikini shots of women pushing 50 are of no interest to people, even if they are repetitive.  

I find it hard to believe with all her money that she spends so much time at hotel poolsides or at public beaches.  

Bethenny seems to prefer vacations and get aways on the water.  It's just what she likes to do so it's it's only natural she's going to be photographed in those kinds of places.

And while she may be a rich bitch, I dont think she has the kind money that buys private islands. So for the most part, she is stuck sharing public beaches with us losers. I guess she could go the private beach club route but they can be really snooty and uptight and I can see why Bethenny would prefer to be among regular people. So there's that.

As far as her deigning to mingle with the riff raff at a hotel pool, I think Bethenny tends to stay at some pretty nice damn places with beautiful pools and great service.  It's not like we're seeing pictures of her sunning herself in a dirty, broken down lawn chair beside a chlorinated cesspool outside of a La Quintas drinking a warm Pabst. She travels a lot and seems to enjoy time at the pool and probably picks hotels that have great facilities. So I'm not sure it's such a surprise to see her out there catching some rays, kid in tow, sometimes dude in tow,  just enjoying her life.

Given the fact that she is her own greatest marketing tool for what essentially is a lifestyle brand, of course she's going to feature these aspects of her own lifestyle in her PR. Which takes me back to my original point - her marketing strategy has even her worst critics consumed was talking about her. It's obviously working. Why would she want to change it?

• Love 6

But why do people click on the link to begin with? Regardless of whether it's Bethenny in a bikini or not. It just helps her Q rating in the end, since it just gives articles and links about her more and more hits. And comments about her still get counted as well.

I think women in their 50s should act how they want, and shouldn't have limits set on them.

Her publicity seeking has been working for her so far. Good for her and her hustle.

There are tons of people in that league and A List celebs who post even more than Bethenny does on their social media. And those exclusive hotels aren't exactly confiscating smart phones at the pool.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Otherkate said:

She just mentioned dating Dennis and not many other guys in that new show with Frederik. 

I think the suspected lie is that she's dating Dennis exclusively (and therefore, isn't single) and once filming ends, we'll see her say, at the reunion (and post custody battle) what she's said before ("Dennis finally gets me and we're back together seriously" etc etc). 

I don't think her comment on the real estate show wiht Frederik is still in play b/c Frankel said  just last week she wasn't dating Dennis at all, that he was just a "family friend" (the kind of family friend who puts his hand near your bikini line!)  I think the real estate show was likely filmed before she sued for custody in December -- imo, that battle (and the filming of the show) is why she's trying to pretend she and Dennis are not only not exclusive, but not even dating.

I'm still not seeing the issue, so I'm bowing out.

Watch out for the White Walkers :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

To me it is stale, same thing over and over.

I cannot see it this way, but then I have been married for a long time, doing the same thing over and over. 

I just don't see anything about Bethenny as being "stale". I mean, christ, how many new things has she put on her plate in just the last year? New products for her food line-up, a new show on Bravo, a new clothing line, renovating a house, oh and working like a dog to raise money and help those in hurricane ravaged areas. Maybe others know folks who work harder to keep things fresh and new, but they don't really run in my circles. I think keeping things fresh is when I get a new lipstick or dare to try new highlights in my hair. 

She seems to have a great life and enjoys living it. And she gets a ton of clicks every time she so much as walks outside or utters a word. I cannot imagine what would make her want to do things differently. 

• Love 4

She seems to have a great life and enjoys living it. And she gets a ton of clicks every time she so much as walks outside or utters a word. I cannot imagine what would make her want to do things differently. 

And in today’s news she’s added swimsuits to her clothing line.  I’m not sure of the looks that will end up in production but a mix of 1 and two piece.  Red and black - of course.  They look cute.  

• Love 5

I find a woman nearing 50 shouldn't act like she is Taylor Swift.   

By "acting like Taylor Swift" (in this context) I assume you are referencing TS letting the press in on the fact that she's having a relationship as well as letting them know when that relationship ends, and how she often quickly moves into another relationship and then publicizes that.  Is that what you mean? 

Because I have to say I don't see it that way at all. This thread is filled with criticism of Bethenny for keeping her private life private or at least trying to keep her private life private. In that sense she's anything but Taylor Swift. 

I sure hope you're not referring to the fact that Taylor Swift is a sexually liberated woman who is moving freely through the dating world as a single girl doing what she wants with whomever she wants to do it with. Because to say that a 50 year old woman should not be free to engage in that type of behavior is ... outdated, to put it mildly.

From my perspective she values publicity over privacy.

I don't know how one could really make this assessment given that we have no way of knowing what she manages to keep private. For all we know her privacy could be of the utmost importance to her when it comes to certain subjects and she's done a bang-up job keeping those things off the public's radar.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny works hard to keep herself in the news

She does -- and in this era of bloviating bullshit, she's the Queen of that game. 

Any other celebrity who dated a credibly alleged rapist - and not only knowingly brought that rapist on outings with a daughter, but also used their PR team to defend said rapist - would have to take responsibility for such creepy behavior. 

Instead, she skates. Another bikini picture. Another bit of gossip.  More chum in the water.

And the media plays along, happy to serve her, because it serves them.

But if Frankel ever shoves somebody too big, or slaps a lawsuit on somebody who has deep pockets and the ability to fight back, or brings an even more unsavory character (if possible) around her daughter,  she'll finally come up against something too big to be spun. Something that can't be waved away by her "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" routine. And the media will pretend they had no idea -- shocked to find out there's gambling going on in here! -- when they've been reporting her spin on events for years, and counted the clicks like Midas with his coins. They need each other. Until they don't; and then they'll serve her up like a Sunday chicken.  JMO.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

By "acting like Taylor Swift" (in this context) I assume you are referencing TS letting the press in on the fact that she's having a relationship as well as letting them know when that relationship ends, and how she often quickly moves into another relationship and then publicizes that.  Is that what you mean? 

Because I have to say I don't see it that way at all. This thread is filled with criticism of Bethenny for keeping her private life private or at least trying to keep her private life private. In that sense she's anything but Taylor Swift. 

I sure hope you're not referring to the fact that Taylor Swift is a sexually liberated woman who is moving freely through the dating world as a single girl doing what she wants with whomever she wants to do it with. Because to say that a 50 year old woman should not be free to engage in that type of behavior is ... outdated, to put it mildly.

I don't know how one could really make this assessment given that we have no way of knowing what she manages to keep private. For all we know her privacy could be of the utmost importance to her when it comes to certain subjects and she's done a bang-up job keeping those things off the public's radar.

This is how I see Taylor Swift, she is gorgeous and talented and wildly popular with her fans.  From the time she was very young, she had these high profile relationships and  then weeks or months later she moved on.  Then she would write hit songs about these relationships.  There have been many critics who have mentioned the relationships were very short in duration.   I don't know if Taylor attached very quickly or she is motivated by dollars.  She calls it no rules.  http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/list-taylor-swifts-high-profile-romances-breakups/story?id=41927077  It seems she was spouting these words of wisdom when she was 19/20 years old. My comment has nothing to do with what women of any adult age do with or who they share their bodies.   Then again I don't have Bethenny's double standards of calling another woman and slut and whore and proceeding to conduct her life in a very similar fashion. It has more to do with the Boyfriend, going steady, break up, available, go back, denounce the thought of ever remarrying, break up, talk marriage, lots of publicity photos seemed suited more to those that haven't been married twice and have a child.  I find it for a lack of a better term-sophomoric.  I find Bethenny emotionally stunted.    Life experience should be registering by now.  By Bethenny's own admission the longest committed relationship she had was with Jason and there was certainly a lot of immature and disingenuous behavior in that relationship and it continues.  It is comments such as she would be afraid to bring her man around Luann because Luann is a man stealer.  It just sounds so juvenile.  Taylor Swift on the other hand is cool and claims she and her squad never let men come between them.   

If Bethenny wants privacy she would not vacation in public venues, and have daily social media posted.  She likes the attention.  The criticism of Bethenny stems from the fact she keeps her committed relationship off the show for the most part but not off social media.  Then again she is back to on air dating.   It is either in search of a storyline or she has found suitors who like the camera as much as she does. 

• Love 2

Then again I don't have Bethenny's double standards of calling another woman and slut and whore and proceeding to conduct her life in a very similar fashion.

I believe Bethenny was referring to behavior Luann has become well known for - picking up random (sometimes married) men while on vacation, in bars, etc. and taking them home (or to the bathroom!) to have sex with, that kind of thing.

Bethenny has been married more than once and has been through a few boyfriends on the show, but I don't recall her EVER seeing her  engage in the kind of behavior that drove her call Luann a slut.

My comment has nothing to do with what women of any adult age do with or who they share their bodies.   

... lots of publicity photos seemed suited more to those that haven't been married twice and have a child. 

I'm getting mixed messages about whether Bethenny's bikini pictures are objectionable because of her age or her marital history or the fact that she is a mother.  At any rate, I don't think any of those factors is reason she should have to dress in a shroud (or even a one-piece) while sunbathing at a pool or stop posing for poolside pictures altogether.  I just can't get on board with placing all these restrictions on women because they've aged or gave birth or ended a bad marriage. What does any of that have to do with documenting a fun day by the water?  So what if she uses it for social media or it ends up in a tabloid?  Nobody is forcing anyone else to look at it if they deem it that horrible inappropriate or offensive or fame-whorey.  

I think the burden should fall on people who are bothered by those pictures to not seek them out for viewing, not on Bethenny to stop taking them.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I believe Bethenny was referring to behavior Luann has become well known for - picking up random (sometimes married) men while on vacation, in bars, etc. and taking them home (or to the bathroom!) to have sex with, that kind of thing.

Bethenny has been married more than once and has been through a few boyfriends on the show, but I don't recall her EVER seeing her  engage in the kind of behavior that drove her call Luann a slut.

I'm getting mixed messages about whether Bethenny's bikini pictures are objectionable because of her age or her marital history or the fact that she is a mother.  At any rate, I don't think any of those factors is reason she should have to dress in a shroud (or even a one-piece) while sunbathing at a pool or stop posing for poolside pictures altogether.  I just can't get on board with placing all these restrictions on women because they've aged or gave birth or ended a bad marriage. What does any of that have to do with documenting a fun day by the water?  So what if she uses it for social media or it ends up in a tabloid?  Nobody is forcing anyone else to look at it if they deem it that horrible inappropriate or offensive or fame-whorey.  

I think the burden should fall on people who are bothered by those pictures to not seek them out for viewing, not on Bethenny to stop taking them.

I don't think there are any mixed messages in my posts.  I have been clear-Bethenny is emotionally immature.  There is no mixed message with Bethenny and the bikini photos-too many.  It has nothing to so with age or marital status it is just that she thrives on being naked or in a bikini.  Personally, I don't click on stories that are headlined with Bethenny in a bikini.  She can do what she pleases but she need not be some bastion of morality and how others live their lives.  I do think one needs to give pause when they involve six children in a relationship and turn it on and off like a light switch.

Okay-Luann danced and made out with a guy wearing a wedding ring.  Bethenny at the time of the verbal assault on Luann was seeing a married man.  Who after breaking up with him declared he is married. Bethenny has talked of one night stands and claimed she was probably #2 in the house with sexual partners.  How she would know this is beyond me.  I personally think Ramona sucked Bethenny in a bit when she went on the Luann attack.

I have no idea who Bethenny thinks her target market.  I am just thinking if you are launching a children's clothing line maybe she should drop the cock, blow job, vagina, dick, my tits are the best talk. Just this week when someone complained about her language she tweeted maybe they would be happier watching a Little House on the Prairie marathon with Kyle Richards.  This has become a circular discussion.  I think Bethenny is overexposed and she brings the criticism on herself.  I don't need to be chastised for my opinions.  

• Love 3

I am just thinking if you are launching a children's clothing line maybe she should drop the cock, blow job, vagina, dick, my tits are the best talk.

I follow her insta and not seeing anything about a children’s clothing line.  So far it’s jeans, t shirts, jackets and just today swimsuits.  So not sure about kids stuff.  But hey Kim K has a kids line and she has her tits out daily on instagram.  So things have changed.

Just this week when someone complained about her language she tweeted maybe they would be happier watching a Little House on the Prairie marathon with Kyle Richards.

I so agree.  If this is all so offensive just turn the channel, stop following on twitter.  For heavens sake your president just declared a wife’s beater a great guy and this is what offends?  We live in a different world than we did just 2 years ago.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I follow her insta and not seeing anything about a children’s clothing line.  So far it’s jeans, t shirts, jackets and just today swimsuits.  So not sure about kids stuff.  But hey Kim K has a kids line and she has her tits out daily on instagram.  So things have changed.

I so agree.  If this is all so offensive just turn the channel, stop following on twitter.  For heavens sake your president just declared a wife’s beater a great guy and this is what offends?  We live in a different world than we did just 2 years ago.

Here is the article about Bethenny starting a child's clothing line...... http://www.realitytea.com/2018/02/05/real-housewives-new-yorks-bethenny-frankel-childrens-clothing-line-works/ 

Yes, KK shows her bits and has a kids line but that doesn't mean it isn't offensive as well.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:56 PM, QuinnM said:

I thought I did but if saying you’re single is being a liar then she would be married.  So no I didn’t realize that if you date someone that you aren’t officially single. And I don’t agree.  Bethenny is single.   So saying that doesn’t make her a liar.  Now, not saying you can’t find something else that’s a lie.  But single is not a lie.

I don’t know if B and D are back together or not. But I do know that nobody in a long-term committed relationship (even one not bound by law) would describe themselves as “single and dating.” That term is used when you’re dating multiple people, playing the field, etc.

Bethenny saying she’s “single and dating” is meant to convey that she is NOT exclusive with Dennis- or anybody. Whether she’s a liar face (TM Vicki Gunvslson) remains TBD.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

This has become a circular discussion.  I think Bethenny is overexposed and she brings the criticism on herself.  I don't need to be chastised for my opinions.  

You have indeed stated your opinion that Bethenny is overexposed (both figuratively and literally, lol).  But you also have referenced her age, her marital history and the fact that she is a mother as reasons why she ought to not be taking bikini pics. I'm sorry if I made you feel chastised for your opinion. I was merely stating my disagreement with your thinking.   I am moving on now.

2 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I don’t know if B and D are back together or not. But I do know that nobody in a long-term committed relationship (even one not bound by law) would describe themselves as “single and dating.” That term is used when you’re dating multiple people, playing the field, etc.

Bethenny saying she’s “single and dating” is meant to convey that she is NOT exclusive with Dennis- or anybody. Whether she’s a liar face (TM Vicki Gunvslson) remains TBD.

Clearly and succinctly stated.  Thank you! 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

It isn't all that hard to tell what Bethenny/Shield's relationship is, one just has to know if they are filming the HW show or not. If they are filming, then the 2 are no longer an item and when filming ends, they are back together better then ever. LOL

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I have no idea who Bethenny thinks her target market.  I am just thinking if you are launching a children's clothing line maybe she should drop the cock, blow job, vagina, dick, my tits are the best talk. Just this week when someone complained about her language she tweeted maybe they would be happier watching a Little House on the Prairie marathon with Kyle Richards.  This has become a circular discussion.  I think Bethenny is overexposed and she brings the criticism on herself.  I don't need to be chastised for my opinions. 

It seems to be working for her right? She seems to become more successful every day, not less. She takes risks. Some work out, some don't. She just keeps it moving and appears to be a person who is enjoying her life. She seems to have learned from mistakes. She doesn't want to be with a guy who wants to be on TV because she has been there. She doesn't want to be the big breadwinner in a relationship, because she has learned that doesn't work for her. She seems to have learned that helping others is important and fulfilling. Might not be the way everyone would go about their lives, but she does what works for her.  Good for her all the way around. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It seems to be working for her right? She seems to become more successful every day, not less. She takes risks. Some work out, some don't. She just keeps it moving and appears to be a person who is enjoying her life. She seems to have learned from mistakes. She doesn't want to be with a guy who wants to be on TV because she has been there. She doesn't want to be the big breadwinner in a relationship, because she has learned that doesn't work for her. She seems to have learned that helping others is important and fulfilling. Might not be the way everyone would go about their lives, but she does what works for her.  Good for her all the way around. 

If Bethenny doesn't want to be with a guy that agrees to be on the show, then she needs to leave the show. The HW show is about the women's lives, including their families/SO/personal lives. I get that Bryn can not be on the show (good for Jason) but her real dates/bf should be. She blasts the others for not showing their private lives while hiding hers at the same time. Bethenny is a hypocrite. 

• Love 7
Just now, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Has Bethenny ever made public the exact reason she and Jason didn't work out?

No and neither has he. The only thing she/he said was that he wanted real counseling, marriage counseling off camera, and she didn't. For me, I really don't need to know the details, I found it sad that their marriage didn't work out and IMO, the fault lies with both, not just 1 of them. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If Bethenny doesn't want to be with a guy that agrees to be on the show, then she needs to leave the show. The HW show is about the women's lives, including their families/SO/personal lives. I get that Bryn can not be on the show (good for Jason) but her real dates/bf should be. She blasts the others for not showing their private lives while hiding hers at the same time. Bethenny is a hypocrite. 

Has Bethenny blasted others for not showing their private lives, or has she blasted people for trying to portray a fake, false image?  Because there is a difference. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree, but then I am not the decision maker. Apparently Andy Cohen and Bravo have that job. She can be with someone who isn't anxious to be on the show. And I know that because she is on the show year after year if she wants to be. With the way that Luann gets around, I am sure she has dated people we have not seen. Same with Ramona and Sonja. At the end of the day, Bravo wants them to bring something to the show. Something interesting that gets and keeps our attention. From the amount of posts that Bethenny seems to garner - far more than any of the others - I would say that she is one of the HW's that folks are most interested in. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Here is the article about Bethenny starting a child's clothing line...... http://www.realitytea.com/2018/02/05/real-housewives-new-yorks-bethenny-frankel-childrens-clothing-line-works/ 

Yes, KK shows her bits and has a kids line but that doesn't mean it isn't offensive as well.

To you.

Not to everyone. I have also never clicked on an article where the headline is Bethenny in a bikini. Nor have I ever clicked on an article where the headline is anyone in a bikini. It's not my thing. That said, I couldn't care less if Bethenny (or Kim for that matter) parade themselves about in bikinis all day long on Instagram. They're both successful businesswomen and wearing a bikini on Instagram doesn't make that not true.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If Bethenny doesn't want to be with a guy that agrees to be on the show, then she needs to leave the show. The HW show is about the women's lives, including their families/SO/personal lives.

I really could do without seeing spouses, boyfriends, children, and other relatives on the show. 

Having them as recurring "characters" doesn't add much imo.

• Love 1

Didn't Ramona claim last year that she'd had sex with 4 men since her divorce from Mario? Where are these men? Why haven't we seen any of them? She portrays herself as someone who doesn't just sleep around, so I will assume she had been out with them at least a few times before doing the deed. Why no concern about her hiding her sex life from the audience? 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Has Bethenny blasted others for not showing their private lives, or has she blasted people for trying to portray a fake, false image?  Because there is a difference. 

Yes, she has called them out for not sharing their private lives. She even called them out on it on her old radio show. She is a hypocrite, do as I say, not as I do. LOL

2 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I disagree, but then I am not the decision maker. Apparently Andy Cohen and Bravo have that job. She can be with someone who isn't anxious to be on the show. And I know that because she is on the show year after year if she wants to be. With the way that Luann gets around, I am sure she has dated people we have not seen. Same with Ramona and Sonja. At the end of the day, Bravo wants them to bring something to the show. Something interesting that gets and keeps our attention. From the amount of posts that Bethenny seems to garner - far more than any of the others - I would say that she is one of the HW's that folks are most interested in. 

IMO, hookups don't count (Luann, Sonja, Ramona and Bethenny). Yes, it does seem that Andy has a different set of rules for Bethenny than he does for the rest of the HW across the franchise, not just NY. Bethenny garners a lot of posts because she is such a caustic/polarizing person, which doesn't always translate to a good HW show. Even she knew she had to tone it down last season.

1 minute ago, Otherkate said:

To you.

Not to everyone. I have also never clicked on an article where the headline is Bethenny in a bikini. Nor have I ever clicked on an article where the headline is anyone in a bikini. It's not my thing. That said, I couldn't care less if Bethenny (or Kim for that matter) parade themselves about in bikinis all day long on Instagram. They're both successful businesswomen and wearing a bikini on Instagram doesn't make that not true.

I, personally, could care less if Bethenny parades around nude in front of the cameras but then she has to take the flack for doing it. She loves the attention it gets her, good or bad. She is as addicted to "fame" as any junky is to their smack.

8 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I really could do without seeing spouses, boyfriends, children, and other relatives on the show. 

Having them as recurring "characters" doesn't add much imo.

Seeing the HWs family gives us a more rounded picture of the HW herself, otherwise, hand them a script and stop calling it "Reality TV".

5 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Didn't Ramona claim last year that she'd had sex with 4 men since her divorce from Mario? Where are these men? Why haven't we seen any of them? She portrays herself as someone who doesn't just sleep around, so I will assume she had been out with them at least a few times before doing the deed. Why no concern about her hiding her sex life from the audience? 

Ramona is smart, she doesn't "date" any one guy and never during filming. I am talking about Bethenny or any HW dating a guy for longer than a couple of weeks. Bethenny/MC and Bethenny/Shields were in real relationships, not quickie hookups.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny garners a lot of posts because she is such a caustic/polarizing person, which doesn't always translate to a good HW show.

But this is a good show, don't you think? I think that almost universally most thought that last season was great. True, it was not just about Bethenny, but it is a good show. IMO the best in the franchise. And IMO, Bethenny could share little of personal life and she would still bring attention to the show and the forums. No one is more analyzed, more discussed, more dissected than is Bethenny. Her every reaction, TH, and interaction is discussed. And that, again just my humble opinion, is what makes a good HW. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, gundysgirl said:

But this is a good show, don't you think? I think that almost universally most thought that last season was great. True, it was not just about Bethenny, but it is a good show. IMO the best in the franchise. And IMO, Bethenny could share little of personal life and she would still bring attention to the show and the forums. No one is more analyzed, more discussed, more dissected than is Bethenny. Her every reaction, TH, and interaction is discussed. And that, again just my humble opinion, is what makes a good HW. 

I have to agree, last season was pretty good but I have to point out that Bethenny dialed it back a lot as well, which made the show much better for it. While I am not a Bethenny fan/cheerleader, I don't hate her either. 

As for how much a HW is discussed, Luann's thread has also been off the charts as well this off season. In fact, I believe her thread has had as much traffic as Bethenny's has if not more, so I guess that means that she is equally good as a HW as Bethenny is, if not better. LOL

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I, personally, could care less if Bethenny parades around nude in front of the cameras but then she has to take the flack for doing it.

Why does she have to "take the flack for doing it"?

Why does any woman?

If it bothers you, don't look.

• Love 8
Just now, Otherkate said:

Why does any woman?

I don't read her SM unless someone here posts a link to it. And, anyone posting nude photos on public SM will have people comment about them, both positive and negative. And Yes, I do believe that showing less skin is more sexy and Yes, I am that old. LOL

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ramona is smart, she doesn't "date" any one guy and never during filming. 

How do we know this? 

10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As for how much a HW is discussed, Luann's thread has also been off the charts as well this off season. In fact, I believe her thread has had as much traffic as Bethenny's has if not more, so I guess that means that she is equally good as a HW as Bethenny is, if not better. LOL

Luann's thread is usually stone cold dead. But it has been busy this season to her alcohol abuse on the show and her drunken arrest in Florida. There's been a lot to talk about.

Bethenny, on the other hand, keeps people enthralled and discussing her endlessly by simply opening her mouth and expressing an opinion. What she wears, where she travels to, who she's hanging out with, her businesses, her real estate, her charity work ... every little thing about her seems to fascinate. And has for a long time.

Luann needed to fall face first in the bushes and be dragged away in handcuffs to generate half the interest Bethenny generates just by showing up. In terms of viewer interest I really don't think there's any comparison.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

How do we know this? 

Luann's thread is usually stone cold dead. But it has been busy this season to her alcohol abuse on the show and her drunken arrest in Florida. There's been a lot to talk about.

Bethenny, on the other hand, keeps people enthralled and discussing her endlessly by simply opening her mouth and expressing an opinion. What she wears, where she travels to, who she's hanging out with, her businesses, her real estate, her charity work ... every little thing about her seems to fascinate. And has for a long time.

Luann needed to fall face first in the bushes and be dragged away in handcuffs to generate half the interest Bethenny generates just by showing up. In terms of viewer interest I really don't think there's any comparison.

The others have talked about it, as has Ramona. She hasn't dated anyone longer than 2 or 3 weeks. LOL

Luann's thread was very busy last year at this time as well and the year before that. 

ETA, Bethenny's thread is as busy as Brandi's thread was, or Kenya's thread is. And, as you pointed out, just because a HW thread is busy doesn't mean it is good. Not everyone posting on Bethenny's thread likes/admires her, some point out her hypocrisy instead of singing her praises.  I can honestly say that I do not find Bethenny enthralling at all. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

She definitely has quite a full plate.

Amen.

If this is all so offensive just turn the channel, stop following on twitter.

That does seem like the easiest option.

I am just thinking if you are launching a children's clothing line maybe she should drop the cock, blow job, vagina, dick, my tits are the best talk.

Well, if she doesn't include any of that in her marketing for the kids, it isn't an issue. And I doubt those same kids are following her on social media.

Well put.

Exactly. Good for her.

If Bethenny doesn't want to be with a guy that agrees to be on the show, then she needs to leave the show.

Nah, there is no rule that says that.

Why does any woman?

Yup.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, gundysgirl said:
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she has called them out for not sharing their private lives. She even called them out on it on her old radio show. She is a hypocrite, do as I say, not as I do. LOL

IMO, hookups don't count (Luann, Sonja, Ramona and Bethenny). Yes, it does seem that Andy has a different set of rules for Bethenny than he does for the rest of the HW across the franchise, not just NY. Bethenny garners a lot of posts because she is such a caustic/polarizing person, which doesn't always translate to a good HW show. Even she knew she had to tone it down last season.

I, personally, could care less if Bethenny parades around nude in front of the cameras but then she has to take the flack for doing it. She loves the attention it gets her, good or bad. She is as addicted to "fame" as any junky is to their smack.

Seeing the HWs family gives us a more rounded picture of the HW herself, otherwise, hand them a script and stop calling it "Reality TV".

Ramona is smart, she doesn't "date" any one guy and never during filming. I am talking about Bethenny or any HW dating a guy for longer than a couple of weeks. Bethenny/MC and Bethenny/Shields were in real relationships, not quickie hookups.

I agree about the franchises needing to have children and significant others on camera and even interacting with the other women.  Not to the point that the significant other is always doing battle but supposedly these shows are based on these women and their personal lives.  Obviously ratings have dictated they take "girl trips" and of course the arguments.  The worst season for me of NY was the season it was just one product launch after another and a tight focus on their careers.  It felt like an infommercial.

I don't think Ramona dates anyone long enough to have them sign a release.  Ramona has at least made her daughter part of her life.  Her philosophy on dating, I call it the shotgun or scattershot approach, where she dates pretty much anyone who asks.  She has been giving such advice since Season 2.  As far as scripting the entire  franchise has gotten pretty close to a scripted shows.  I assume it is for economical reasons because they just can't rely on the women to organically be interesting.  Dinner parties seem more like a challenge, lavish parties invariably have a discussion that carries for a couple of episodes, if not the entire season.  We see the reality of one RH not wanting to include someone and Ramona stating it is trip she is entitled to go.   

• Love 2

I saw the Bethenny and Fredrik show and on that she made a point of saying she's single and dating, and even went on a date that was filmed for the show. So, I actually believe her when she says she's not in a committed relationship. 

But if she is secretly and exclusively dating Dennis, I still don't see a problem with it because, and since we're speculating, maybe it's Dennis who doesn't want that known.  Perhaps Bethenny is actually "real", but Dennis is not.  If she's in a relationship with him, then I'm going to assume that her first loyalty would be (and should be) to her partner and not the viewers of a questionably real reality tv show.  Does her "realness" mean she must out Dennis as her boyfriend, even if it's against his wishes, even if it would harm him in some way?  Does anyone  think she owes the viewers a higher duty than her boyfriend? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Does her "realness" mean she must out Dennis as her boyfriend, even if it's against his wishes, even if it would harm him in some way?  Does anyone  think she owes the viewers a higher duty than her boyfriend? 

That's a very good point. Dennis has a right to privacy just like anyone else and while he may be choosing to have a relationship with someone on TV, it doesn't mean he has to be a part of it. 

Plus if there is anyone who has earned the right to keep her relationship off television, it's Bethenny Frankel. She has already put enough of her personal life on screen - and paid a high price for it. I can't imagine even someone as crass as Andy Cohen demanding she do so again. Especially given the fact of how much else she has going on in her life that adds to the show. Let others with less to offer play out there relationships on screen if it has to happen.

Personally, I would prefer to see more about Bethenny's career and her homes and her general life than I would care to see her boyfriend. If they "went there" with her relationship this show would start to feel like nothing but a soap opera. Love storylines crossed with catfights and little else in between. 

Of course there is always Luann's drunken escapades to follow, too, lol. But if she passes off her behavior as all a response to her broken heart, then we'll be right back to another relationship story. Yawn. No thanks. 

• Love 5