Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Just now, BBHN said:

Also, has it been confirmed yet whether Kenya is coming back or not? And by confirmed, something besides Radaronline.

The site, TT, has reported it as well and she has personal contact with both production and Kenya's manager. 

• Love 1
On 2/9/2018 at 11:08 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

How do we know this? 

Luann's thread is usually stone cold dead. But it has been busy this season to her alcohol abuse on the show and her drunken arrest in Florida. There's been a lot to talk about.

Bethenny, on the other hand, keeps people enthralled and discussing her endlessly by simply opening her mouth and expressing an opinion. What she wears, where she travels to, who she's hanging out with, her businesses, her real estate, her charity work ... every little thing about her seems to fascinate. And has for a long time.

Luann needed to fall face first in the bushes and be dragged away in handcuffs to generate half the interest Bethenny generates just by showing up. In terms of viewer interest I really don't think there's any comparison.

I think back when she was dating Tom and planning her nuptials, I mentioned how Jules Thread had more activity and that's pretty pathetic. Her  pages should have been flying but there was a cricket symphony.

Bethenny, on the other hand is mentioned not only in the threads she has under her belt but on other HW threads, even on other franchises. How obvious is it when some poor man dies and instead of discussing how wonderful he was, what Bethenny brought to Shiva is more post worthy.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny, on the other hand is mentioned not only in the threads she has under her belt but on other HW threads, even on other franchises. How obvious is it when some poor man dies and instead of discussing how wonderful he was, what Bethenny brought to Shiva is more post worthy.

Yea, I thought the same thing. A really good man is gone, but Bethenny garners more attention than the actual death or suffering because of the wine that she sent. Talk about getting a lot of attention, no matter the circumstances. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Jel said:

I saw the Bethenny and Fredrik show and on that she made a point of saying she's single and dating, and even went on a date that was filmed for the show. So, I actually believe her when she says she's not in a committed relationship. 

But if she is secretly and exclusively dating Dennis, I still don't see a problem with it because, and since we're speculating, maybe it's Dennis who doesn't want that known.  Perhaps Bethenny is actually "real", but Dennis is not.  If she's in a relationship with him, then I'm going to assume that her first loyalty would be (and should be) to her partner and not the viewers of a questionably real reality tv show.  Does her "realness" mean she must out Dennis as her boyfriend, even if it's against his wishes, even if it would harm him in some way?  Does anyone  think she owes the viewers a higher duty than her boyfriend? 

Bethenny can't have it both ways.  She cannot run around saying she is single and do fake dates for a reality show and claim all the while she is real.  Dennis knows Bethenny is a public person, he has been more than happy to be indentified as her boyfriend, appeared with her at public functions.  

As to a higher duty-I would say if she was with someone who did not want their relationship public she could simply state the same.  Where it becomes sticky is when one is on a reality show and claims to be "utterly single" .  The duty isn't really between the boyfriend and the viewers it is about being real or scripting for a reality show or maybe to distance herself from negative publicity surrounding Shields.  https://pagesix.com/2018/02/05/bethenny-frankel-appears-to-be-back-with-ex-beau-dennis-shields/  The day after this story appeared Bethenny was on WWHL and saying she was single and had been in contact with someone from her past and it wasn't who people think it is.  

It is hard to take someone at their word if they lie when it suits them.

• Love 4

The article you cite actually calls them friends with benefits. The logic appears to be "she's been seen with an ex, therefore she must be lying about being single and is in fact in a committed relationship with this ex and further, must be intentionally hiding this relationship.

The problem is that what I am about to describe is equally factual and based off the article, She's still friends with Dennis and sometimes goes out with him. And nothing further. 

I mean, I certainly concede the possibility she might be dating Dennis but until he puts a ring on it, I don't think she's lying about being single because she really is free to date whoever she likes. Maybe they just aren't ready to say they are back together, heck, maybe he just doesn't want to be filmed or associated with the show. But at the end of the day, Bethenny says she's single and I really don't see how she isn't. 

This may shock some, but I've gone out with guys who I dated and broke up with and later spent time with. It's because we were still friends. Maybe Bethenny will rehook up with Dennis, maybe she won't.... I just don't think there's reason to think she's lying about considering herself single.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny can't have it both ways.  She cannot run around saying she is single and do fake dates for a reality show and claim all the while she is real.  Dennis knows Bethenny is a public person, he has been more than happy to be indentified as her boyfriend, appeared with her at public functions.  

As to a higher duty-I would say if she was with someone who did not want their relationship public she could simply state the same.  Where it becomes sticky is when one is on a reality show and claims to be "utterly single" .  The duty isn't really between the boyfriend and the viewers it is about being real or scripting for a reality show or maybe to distance herself from negative publicity surrounding Shields.  https://pagesix.com/2018/02/05/bethenny-frankel-appears-to-be-back-with-ex-beau-dennis-shields/  The day after this story appeared Bethenny was on WWHL and saying she was single and had been in contact with someone from her past and it wasn't who people think it is.  

It is hard to take someone at their word if they lie when it suits them.

That Page Six article doesn't establish her as a liar though:

"Frankel insiders insist she’s single, but others said the pair have continued to be “friends with benefits” and never really split."

When did American writers abandon the collective noun as singular? is my main question from that line, but also "insiders insist she's single".   Insiders vs. others -- who is more likely to know the truth?  The insiders. 

How likely is it that she is still seriously dating Dennis, but her concern for her image -- being associated with someone who had some very bad things said about him -- is her motivation for hiding that relationship, announcing she's utterly single, going on "a date" on her new show? Not very I think, simply because if she is still seriously dating him, she has to know that can't hide that forever. She might be many things, but stupid isn't one of them.

I believe she's ended things with him, maybe reluctantly, but yep, I believe her when she says she's utterly single. 

• Love 4

others said the pair have continued to be “friends with benefits” and never really split."

And we all understand that people on this forum typing these replies are considered 'others'.  Right?

So inquiring minds (others I know) say that Dennis is wintering in Miami.  That Dennis always winters there.  Kind of like, the we've got the yacht, we've got the Palm Beach house etc.  And obviously we have concrete evidence that Mario winters in Florida as well. 

• Love 4

Bethenny can't have it both ways.  She cannot run around saying she is single and do fake dates for a reality show and claim all the while she is real. 

Who says it isn't real? She's dating Dennis non-exclusively and seeing other guys as well. No shame in her game.

• Love 6

she will be on RHONY for the rest of her life or at least RHONY Nursing Home edition.  

And I will give thanks to God, Jesus, Mohamed, Moses, Buddha, Confucius, Amaterasu, Ganesha, and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man for every day that she will be.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5

All this discussion about whether or not Bethenny is single made me wonder; Is Shields still married?

I thought he was still married but separated  - which also might be a reason he's not terribly interested in letting the world know he's in a committed relationship with another woman (if he is).

Does it matter if he's married? I mean, when Luann is out trolling for a fuck aka "seeking a ONS" - she has no responsibility if she fucks a married man and is not a homewrecker and is pretty much applauded for not giving a shit if her fuck of the night is married or not - she's not required to care and she apparently should feel no shame in fucking as she pleases as it's her body and the man's responsibility to not fuck outside of his marriage. Now personally, I don't like it when women date men who are married and I think Bethenny is wrong to pursue this guy until his divorce is finalized, but I also accept - based on being told how Luann was a free lil fuckbird with no responsibility to give a shit if her fucks had wives - that I am in the minority. But under this established morality, it's the married person's job to not commit adultery so why does it matter whether Dennis is married or not? 

I mean, it's not even established he's currently anything other than a friend of Bethenny. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

All this discussion about whether or not Bethenny is single made me wonder; Is Shields still married?

He/Jill have not filed for divorce as of yet.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I thought he was still married but separated  - which also might be a reason he's not terribly interested in letting the world know he's in a committed relationship with another woman (if he is).

Does it matter if he's married? I mean, when Luann is out trolling for a fuck aka "seeking a ONS" - she has no responsibility if she fucks a married man and is not a homewrecker and is pretty much applauded for not giving a shit if her fuck of the night is married or not - she's not required to care and she apparently should feel no shame in fucking as she pleases as it's her body and the man's responsibility to not fuck outside of his marriage. Now personally, I don't like it when women date men who are married and I think Bethenny is wrong to pursue this guy until his divorce is finalized, but I also accept - based on being told how Luann was a free lil fuckbird with no responsibility to give a shit if her fucks had wives - that I am in the minority. But under this established morality, it's the married person's job to not commit adultery so why does it matter whether Dennis is married or not? 

I mean, it's not even established he's currently anything other than a friend of Bethenny. 

Apparently it matters to Bethenny as she called (screamed at) Luann out for sleeping with married guys (at Dorinda's Christmas party 2 seasons ago)! Oh, the hypocrisy! LOL

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, like Luann of the prim and proper manners, and every other RHONY wife (I mean, are any of them actually wives?) hypocrisy abounds among the entire cast. :)

Luann didn't call Bethenny a "slut" or attack her for her sex life, Bethenny did that to Luann. As I said, Bethenny is a hypocrite. 

• Love 3

In fairness, Luann did scream "I'm gonna fucking kill you" at a cop after being interrupted from her drunken fuck of the night, which is hardly Luann being a classy broad per her own stated Countess standards. Therefore she's a hypocrit.

And I am agreeing with you that Bethenny, like all the RHONY housewives has been a hypocrit, you don't need to keep insisting on the point. You're actually quoting me stating that all the cast members are hypocrits. :)

• Love 2

Luann didn't call Bethenny a "slut" or attack her for her sex life,

Luann does do that, she just doesn't use those particular words ("That isn't isn't how I live my life", "That isn't how things operate in my world", etc).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BBHN said:

Who says it isn't real? She's dating Dennis non-exclusively and seeing other guys as well. No shame in her game.

I must have missed the memo, did Bethenny re-brand her product line from Skinny Girl to Single Girl?

huh.gif

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Luann does do that, she just doesn't use those particular words ("That isn't isn't how I live my life", "That isn't how things operate in my world", etc).

Exactly, (ou exactemant!) Luann lets her displeasure be known. Always has.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

In fairness, Luann did scream "I'm gonna fucking kill you" at a cop after being interrupted from her drunken fuck of the night, which is hardly Luann being a classy broad per her own stated Countess standards. Therefore she's a hypocrite.

And I am agreeing with you that Bethenny, like all the RHONY housewives has been a hypocrit, you don't need to keep insisting on the point. You're actually quoting me stating that all the cast members are hypocrits. :)

yes, Luann did yell that at a cop and she was wrong to do it but that has nothing to do with Bethenny or what Bethenny said to Luann. 

You are the one that asked if it mattered if Shields is still married and brought Luann into Bethenny's bad choice (a married Shields), not me. My answer was directly to that post and Yes, it does seem to matter to Bethenny, which makes her the hypocrite in "sleeping with a married man", not Luann.  

• Love 1

Honestly, I've agreed that Bethenny like all the housewives is a hypocrite. I'm going to be honest, I don't understand why you think you need to keep re-explaining and looking for a response other than that. I'm walking away.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Honestly, I've agreed that Bethenny like all the housewives is a hypocrite. I'm going to be honest, I don't understand why you think you need to keep re-explaining and looking for a response other than that. I'm walking away.

I guess it is because in this instance, it is Bethenny that is the hypocrite, not the other women. Have all of them been a hypocrite at some point or another, Yes they have, but we weren't talking about anyone else other than Luann/Bethenny in our exchange. I do agree to drop it as well. 

• Love 1

I think that when Bethenny said "you fuck everybody" that she was talking about the hypocrisy involved when Luanne judged others for what they did/who they slept with. Like the way she went after Carole for having a relationship with Adam. Someone - according to Luanne - that she should fuck and not date. Because those are Luann's rules. She has a rule for almost everything. A way that everyone else should behave, and she has no problem telling them how her rules might apply to their behavior. Right after her rant against Luanne, it was Bethenny herself who said she had never said those words to another woman, and admitted that she had probably slept with as many men as Luann had. She wasn't pretending to be something she was not, simply pointing out the hypocrisy in Luann constantly pretending to be something she was not. Hasn't that always been the charge against Luanne? And hasn't it proven to be true? She has certainly not proclaimed herself to be someone who gets shitfaced to the extent that she has sex with a dude in a hotel room that is not hers, and then threatens to kill a police officer, right before she slips out of handcuffs and tries to evade said police. Does anyone doubt that Luann would have had judgment about someone else behaving in such a manner? Yet it seems like she has found understanding and acceptance from the other woman after such an outburst. I only wonder if she would have given another the same benefit of the doubt back in the day. My guess is "no". 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

You are the one that asked if it mattered if Shields is still married and brought Luann into Bethenny's bad choice (a married Shields), not me. My answer was directly to that post and Yes, it does seem to matter to Bethenny, which makes her the hypocrite in "sleeping with a married man", not Luann.  

Who cares about petty hypocrisy when they are both guilty of a much larger offense, namely fucking another woman's husband? 

I couldn't care less if Bethenny called out Luann for it, especially given how Luann constantly swans around acting like the Miss Manners of relationships (which in my opinion makes her just as big a hypocrite as Bethenny, just in a subtler way, as noted by BBHN above).  Their wrongs toward each other in this respect cancel each other out as far as I am concerned.

What is not canceled out, however, is their wrong to the wives of the married men they are bedding.  Call me Judgey McJudgerson, whatever. I just think nobody has any business screwing someone else's spouse.

3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Now personally, I don't like it when women date men who are married and I think Bethenny is wrong to pursue this guy until his divorce is finalized, but I also accept - based on being told how Luann was a free lil fuckbird with no responsibility to give a shit if her fucks had wives - that I am in the minority. 

Table for two, please!

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Like the way she went after Carole for having a relationship with Adam. Someone - according to Luanne - that she should fuck and not date. 

Lu was upset because Carole went after Adam knowing full well that he was involved with Nicole, Luann's niece. The niece had even confided in Carole about the relationship. Carole and Adam also had Luann's underage son lie for them while Carole was a guest under Luann's roof accepting her hospitality. A grown woman who is a house guest asking the hostess' child to lie for her? Carole would need new teeth if she ever asked my child to tell a lie.  In her TH Carole said on camera that she did not care about the niece's feelings. I think her quote was "I don't care if her niece got hurt", who says that? How about you say I'm sorry her niece got hurt. That is a straight up heartless bitch and dick means more to her than acting like a decent person. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 7
Just now, BBHN said:

They were already broken up, no?

Speaking of Luann, wow they are having a Luann marathon over on VH1!

Oooh, my bad..that's Flava Flav wearing one of his signature clocks not Luann..carry on

IdealEcstaticChital-max-1mb.gif

Flashback Bethenny GIF

bethenny-rhony.gif?w=1100

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, BBHN said:

They were already broken up, no?

It doesn't matter since Carole knew it would cause tons of problems because Lu was her friend and to a certain degree Nicole felt that Carole was enough of a friend to confide in her about the relationship. Carole knew she was in the wrong because she felt the need to lie and sneak around. She's a sneaky bitch who only cared about her own feelings and getting Adam's dick no matter who got hurt.

Also Lu was giving Carole advice that the younger men were more for sex and don't get too attached or your hopes up  because in the long run Adam was never going to stick around. It ended up being true and Carole thought things could be "more than temporary" but she was wrong and we saw their relationship fizzle out in season 8. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 1

It doesn't matter

Wait, are we changing the goal posts now? First Carole was a bitch because Adam was still involved with Nicole, except he wasn't, so now we need to find another reason for Carole to be a bitch?

Plus, she wasn't lying or sneaking around, it was pretty obvious from the beginning they were together. and Adam and Nicole had already been broken up for 6 months. If the relationship was open from the beginning and they weren't sneaking around since Adam and Nicole were already broken up, why would she need one of Luann's kids to lie on her behalf? And lie about what, exactly?

It ended up being true and Carole thought things could be "more than temporary" but she was wrong and we saw their relationship fizzle out in season 8. 

I don't think she ever thought that. She knew she only had a "few good seasons" left, so she decided to have fun with Adam. She definitely knew that relationship had an expiration date.

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

bethenny-rhony.gif?w=1100

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Lu was upset because Carole went after Adam knowing full well that he was involved with Nicole, Luann's niece. The niece had even confided in Carole about the relationship. Carole and Adam also had Luann's underage son lie for them while Carole was a guest under Luann's roof accepting her hospitality. A grown woman who is a house guest asking the hostess' child to lie for her? Carole would need new teeth if she ever asked my child to tell a lie.  In her TH Carole said on camera that she did not care about the niece's feelings. I think her quote was "I don't care if her niece got hurt", who says that? How about you say I'm sorry her niece got hurt. That is a straight up heartless bitch and dick means more to her than acting like a decent person. 

I don't believe any of that. Adam was no longer involved with Luann's niece. But if that were the case, I guess Luann would be fine with Carole fucking him, as she had no problem with that. She just didn't want them to date. She is the one who said it, not me. If my niece were still having an actual committed relationship with some dude, I wouldn't think it fine if Carole was sleeping with him. But then I don't live by the same sort of rules that Luann does. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

I don't believe any of that. Adam was no longer involved with Luann's niece. But if that were the case, I guess Luann would be fine with Carole fucking him, as she had no problem with that. She just didn't want them to date. She is the one who said it, not me. If my niece were still having an actual committed relationship with some dude, I wouldn't think it fine if Carole was sleeping with him. But then I don't live by the same sort of rules that Luann does. 

Well they all made a big deal of Luann dating TOm, three months after Ramona went out with him three, five or seven times.  Even though Ramona claimed she had a boyfriend at the time.  Ramona dated Tom in August, Luann hooked up with him in November.  As to Sonja, it made no sense.  There is definitely a different set of rules for Luann than say Carole.  Bethenny was the one driving the point home.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Well they all made a big deal of Luann dating TOm, three months after Ramona went out with him three, five or seven times.  Even though Ramona claimed she had a boyfriend at the time.  Ramona dated Tom in August, Luann hooked up with him in November.  As to Sonja, it made no sense.  There is definitely a different set of rules for Luann than say Carole.  Bethenny was the one driving the point home.  

Let's never forget that Tom also drew a heart on Ramona's hand!!!!!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Apparently it matters to Bethenny as she called (screamed at) Luann out for sleeping with married guys (at Dorinda's Christmas party 2 seasons ago)! Oh, the hypocrisy! LOL

Indeed ! And is it bad I imagine easily the green jade frog statuettes at Dorindas when I think back on B screaming !

• Love 3

Well they all made a big deal of Luann dating TOm, three months after Ramona went out with him three, five or seven times. 

Well, of him dating Ramona...and Sonja...and half the women on the UES...

I don't believe any of that. Adam was no longer involved with Luann's niece. But if that were the case, I guess Luann would be fine with Carole fucking him, as she had no problem with that. She just didn't want them to date. She is the one who said it, not me.

Yeah, that's why Luann's outrage was just...weird.

• Love 5

"Frankel insiders insist she’s single, but others said the pair have continued to be “friends with benefits” and never really split."

And we all understand that people on this forum typing these replies are considered 'others'.  Right?

It seems as if you're saying that you think people on this forum (who believe Frankel is hiding a relationship with Shields) are the "others" sources cited by Page Six - am I reading that right? 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1

Its as likely as any other theory - no one actually knows who Page Six's sources are so there's really no way verify or deny what "others" say about this relationship or lack there of.

From my own experience with other reality shows, a lot of gossip news sites do grab their info from sources that are often fans of the show in question and not actually close friends of the target. For example, RadarOnline clearly was raiding one of the Little People Big World fansites for juicy (kinda) articles of the family issues. Their "sources close to the family" are people who read the kiddies's instagrams. 

I personally am not feeding Pagesix any Bethenny rumors ;) But is there any way to know how valid these "Frankel insiders" or "others" are?

• Love 2

It is a running gag in the Duggar threads about how often the gossip sites run stories based on things people here have dug up. I can't remember who it was but they actually mentioned a poster here by name once as a source they were quoting.

Sometimes it's couched in terms of "the fans are concerned" or "questions are being raised" etc., but I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn they are citing random things they read here as coming from "sources" when the reality is they are just repeating comments from people who are doing nothing but speculating or voicing their personal opinions about something and who are in no way really knowledgeable as a source in the traditional sense of the word. 

• Love 5

While it is always possible that the tabloids/bloggers read PTV, I doubt that any of us are actual sources for them. 

The reality is that no one knows who the sources are -  unless the sources are named and or the claims are backed up with actual facts.

I've genuinely seen too many gossip sites run with too many rumors to buy that they take "sources close to Frankel" all that seriously.

And I will repeat my question - is there any way to know how valid these "Frankel insiders" or "others" are?

If there isn't any way to know, then it becomes a personal choice whether "others" is a source worth planting a flag and declaring battle over.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

While it is always possible that the tabloids/bloggers read PTV, I doubt that any of us are actual sources for them. 

Me, too - agree or disagree with people here, I take them at their word, not as sources for Page Six ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

The reality is that no one knows who the sources are -  unless the sources are named and or the claims are backed up with actual facts.

I've genuinely seen too many gossip sites run with too many rumors to buy that they take "sources close to Frankel" all that seriously.

And I will repeat my question - is there any way to know how valid these "Frankel insiders" or "others" are?

If there isn't any way to know, then it becomes a personal choice whether "others" is a source worth planting a flag and declaring battle over.

It's all smoke and mirrors....who cares????

• Love 1

I’m almost excited for Season 10.

Carol: Bethenny, you’re really aggressive with me in our friendship.

Bethenny: No I’m not.

Carol: Honey, you are.

Bethenny: DON’T CALL ME HONEY.

lol. I am all in for a full scale analysis of how Bethenny manages to mess up all her close friendships.

• Love 14