Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

I'm not sure if this belongs here, as it has to do with Bethenny's partner, Michael Capponi, the guy who had to suffer Slurinda at dinner during the last episode.  But this guy....hmmm.  I just don't know what to make of him.  Another one of those, "Kadooz to him for his humanitarian effort, but damn...he's messy."  Countless articles on his past and present.

https://nypost.com/2016/11/22/boating-accident-erased-my-soulmates-memory-of-our-relationship/

Video of the accident here.  Non-graphic.

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article116491853.html

“Michael is a lot older, and he is very open about his heroin past. There’s no doubt in my mind that Brooke’s parents have removed her completely simply because they don’t approve of him.”

I don't know why the parents of a 22 year old daughter would want to shield her from an ex-heroin addict, who is 22 years her senior after he ran his boat into a steel sea wall causing her near catastrophic injuries.  I dunno.  Am I being too hard on him?

Had crashed the same boat 13 months prior.  Squirmish with the insurance company over that and non-disclosure of an earlier DUI.  The way I'm reading it, he didn't technically have to cop to the DUI when applying for this boat insurance.

Great Lakes also wanted the judge to force Capponi to pay back a $70,000 claim it paid Capponi for a February 2014 grounding of the same boat.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 12:46 PM, ryebread said:

I don't know why the parents of a 22 year old daughter would want to shield her from an ex-heroin addict, who is 22 years her senior after he ran his boat into a steel sea wall causing her near catastrophic injuries.  I dunno.  Am I being too hard on him?

He sounds beyond hinky to me --  this is about the 22 year old girl he helped brain-scramble (from an article on Bravo's website, from 2016):

"But because she worried about her parents’ reaction, Brooke kept her relationship with Capponi a secret," reports the Herald. 

He has been trying to jog her memory of their romance through a public Facebook page, where he tells stories of their relationship, like when they first fell in love in Islamorada, which he now visits on the 25th day of each month.

“To love someone is to know the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it,” he wrote on Facebook. “People belong in your life or out of your life by natural vibration not by forced will or expectation by a controlling group. Some souls just fully understand each other upon their first connection, they didn’t even have to say much.”

He also shares photos from their two-year affair on the page."

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/womans-secret-2-year-love-affair-is-erased-from-her-memory-after-boating-accident

What decent person starts a public Facebook page to jog the memory of a young woman he helped put into a coma?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
(edited)

Yikes. Messy is almost being too kind. He sounds creepy and unhinged when it comes to that girl young enough (and looks like) to be his daughter. 

If I were these girls’ parents, I might be helping her to “forget and move on” too. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, film noire said:

when they first fell in love in Islamorada, which he now visits on the 25th day of each month.

He also shares photos from their two-year affair on the page."

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/womans-secret-2-year-love-affair-is-erased-from-her-memory-after-boating-accident

What decent person starts a public Facebook page to jog the memory of a young woman he helped put into a coma?

There is love, then there is fixation.

I'd say he's fixated.

• Love 7

I'm less impressed when very wealthy people employ designers to decorate a $4 million dollar space, than I am when a middle-class individual employs imagination and limited resources to make a place fabulous via Target or Wayfair.com.

ymmv

• Love 17
(edited)
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

http://people.com/home/real-housewives-of-new-york-bethenny-frankel-home-tour/

Every house Bethenny lives in looks pretty much the same.  

I like her first house in the Hamptons (love that green piece in the sunroom) but her city places always look so uninteresting to me. This one is particulary drab and sterile  (and I love grey). Not a fan of the odd "bachelor pad" feel in the media room/den. Love the touch (and shade) of blue in her bedorom, it's fresh and pretty.  Overall, it feels like a celebrity scientology center to me ("Hi, Tom -- we've found a new girl for you, and she's been colour coordinated to match all our celebrity centers!") 

The second Hampton house is on the market:

https://hamptons.curbed.com/2018/5/16/17357154/bethenny-frankel-bridgehampton-morning-glory-lists

I'm less impressed when very wealthy people employ designers to decorate a $4 million dollar space, than I am when a middle-class individual employs imagination and limited resources to make a place fabulous via Target or Wayfair.com.

Me, too (especially since it seems $$$ decorating has become bland and uniform and it feels like I'm seeing the same room, over and over, whereas the "normal" people decorating thing usually has some kind of individuality -- pieces inherited from a family member, loved colours versus on-trend colours, artwork that has meaning to the person who has hung it, etc.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's very nice but so bland and boring.  It reminds me of my sister-in-law's style; she's gone overboard on the neutrals and whites to the extent that their house is one big bowl of oatmeal with tons of knick knack paddywhack and no real depth.  I own some of the exact decor pieces shown in the photographs and I totally got them at TJX stores.  With all due respect to professional interior designers, I do know they charge an arm and a leg but they get some of their pieces at the same places regular people do.  I know, you're paying for their eye and aesthetic.  It then makes me think of these real life bored housewives who suddenly become interior decorators, thinking they have taste, when really all they have is access to their fully stocked joint bank accounts.  Ugh.

• Love 7
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, zoeysmom said:

I think it is called room for one with Bethenny and Andy.  Poor people not welcome in their worlds. Imagine falling in love with some one because they are a kind, decent person.  

She did that with Jason...seemed to have worked out well ;/

• Love 4

LMAO @ BF. She posted a pic on herself on Insta in her old (non Jason) wedding dress, saying something about posting it in honor of the royal wedding. Most of the comments were of the “OMG can it not be about you for one day??” nature. 

The picture has since been taken down. So  much for “zero fucks.” ?

• Love 17
On 5/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, biakbiak said:

Interesting it says she didn't finish the third floor, I wonder if there was trouble getting permits. I don't think its increased in value of $900k so l wonder what it will end up going for.

Has Bethenny had a bonafide hit in her real estate business?  I am discounting the house with Jason because the numbers provided and length of the time of the investment make it more of a stop the hemorrhage feel.   The apartment she just moved from, in spite of price reductions, did not sell, the one with Fredrik was not a huge success, and now this one.  Bethenny seems to think people with a few million to spend don't notice when something is just re worked or so-so materials are used.  Obviously her brilliant idea to add the third floor fell flat.  On the plus side good time of year to sell it.  Interesting Fredrik was nervous about going in halfsies.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Interesting Fredrik was nervous about going in halfsies.  

Seeing the result made me wonder if Fredik said he would not go 50/50 on all Hamptons properties like she stated or just this particular property.

• Love 5

Fredrik deals pretty exclusively with NYC and tends toward multiple units in buildings. He also leans towards remodeling with sleek, modern tastes. It would be odd for him to suddenly divert to a quaint bed and breakfast in the Hamptons. He's pretty strictly about profit and business. 

Sooo Beth is either super lonely, or she is doing serious damage control on twitter.  She is have full on conversations with fans about inane subjects, light what is your favorite type of snack? FYI hers is crispy and saltly...very odd and out of character for her, at least in her previous tweets.

She posts personal stuff on IG stories, her dogs, food, kid etc...but you cant cant leave comments.

She is just having a full on kiki session tonite on the twit?

• Love 6
On 5/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, biakbiak said:

Seeing the result made me wonder if Fredik said he would not go 50/50 on all Hamptons properties like she stated or just this particular property.

If I were Fredrik after the way Bethenny treated him, I would never do an equal partnership.  She is incapable of equal treatment so let her take the lead.  

• Love 8

There's a lot of talk in the current episode thread about Bethenny's attitude, her product line. I didn't want to interrupt the episode discussion so I thought I'd post it here. 

My introduction to Bethenny was her spin off shows. I watched the Martha apprentice but didn't remember much of it. At the time another forum I posted on fellow posters were always talking about how hilarious she was. So I tuned in. I didn't understand the appeal. The Bethenny I saw on her own shows was abrasive and cruel. Making fun of the in laws and where they live. I remember something about a lobster roll crawl or something and was surprised how cruel she was being to a guy helping her out. Even worse was that everyone took that behavior. 

Then a few years later due to medical required bed rest, I went back and watched all the seasons of RHONY. I finally saw it! The spunky, funny, quick witted, driven Bethenny everyone said was so great. What happened to her? Did success create a monster? Or was the monster always there but success and wealth allowed her to get away with that behavior? 

As mentioned in other threads, What happened to all of her products? At one time there was everything from beauty products to lunch meat. She made the most amazing face scrub that was oil based. It became a holy grail beauty product for my dry skin. The face masks and lip balm were great too. I also liked the body mask because it's rare to find those in drugstore beauty lines. It all disappeared. Now all I see are the drinks and the popcorn. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

There's a lot of talk in the current episode thread about Bethenny's attitude, her product line. I didn't want to interrupt the episode discussion so I thought I'd post it here. 

My introduction to Bethenny was her spin off shows. I watched the Martha apprentice but didn't remember much of it. At the time another forum I posted on fellow posters were always talking about how hilarious she was. So I tuned in. I didn't understand the appeal. The Bethenny I saw on her own shows was abrasive and cruel. Making fun of the in laws and where they live. I remember something about a lobster roll crawl or something and was surprised how cruel she was being to a guy helping her out. Even worse was that everyone took that behavior. 

Then a few years later due to medical required bed rest, I went back and watched all the seasons of RHONY. I finally saw it! The spunky, funny, quick witted, driven Bethenny everyone said was so great. What happened to her? Did success create a monster? Or was the monster always there but success and wealth allowed her to get away with that behavior? 

As mentioned in other threads, What happened to all of her products? At one time there was everything from beauty products to lunch meat. She made the most amazing face scrub that was oil based. It became a holy grail beauty product for my dry skin. The face masks and lip balm were great too. I also liked the body mask because it's rare to find those in drugstore beauty lines. It all disappeared. Now all I see are the drinks and the popcorn. 

It seems that Bethenny changes up her product line frequently and without a lot of thought. 

• Love 9

I doubt that Bethenny changes her product lines without a lot of thought. I'm sure that like every other smart, successful business person who makes a living marketing things like cosmetics, food, or whatever, she is constantly adapting her product lines to reflect trends and to deal with what is selling and what is not selling.  A lot of research surely goes into every decision. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I doubt that Bethenny changes her product lines without a lot of thought. I'm sure that like every other smart, successful business person who makes a living marketing things like cosmetics, food, or whatever, she is constantly adapting her product lines to reflect trends and to deal with what is selling and what is not selling.  A lot of research surely goes into every decision. 

I don't disagree with this.  She's a lot of things, but haphazard about business?  Nah.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I do, she doesn't advertise, except for on SM, there aren't any ads/commercials promoting her products anymore. She slaps her SG logo on other companies items and I guess she expects it to take off on it's own, which doesn't happen, so she drops the item and picks something new to put her logo on. It's like a revolving door and she doesn't stick to any one market, she is all over the place.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I do, she doesn't advertise, except for on SM, there aren't any ads/commercials promoting her products anymore. She slaps her SG logo on other companies items and I guess she expects it to take off on it's own, which doesn't happen, so she drops the item and picks something new to put her logo on. It's like a revolving door and she doesn't stick to any one market, she is all over the place.

Is she actually the one who determines advertising etc.?  I know for the SG beverages, she wouldn't as she sold that line.  Does she actually own the rights to, manufacture, distribute, etc. the other products/product lines?  I'm asking.  I don't know.

• Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That is how a lot of modern businesses operate. The days of companies relying upon only traditional print and broadcast media campaigns are a thing of the past, especially when trying to appeal to a younger demgraphic. And licensing a brand name to others is common and a huge way to generate capital. Plus it would be a tremendous, likely impossible drain of resources for her to personally develop and manufacture every single product she wanted to market. Licensing just makes sense in her situation. She is trying to build a brand.

I don't think it is at all unusual for Bethenny to try to broaden her brand beyond just liquor. She wants to be a lifestyle purveyor, not just be associated with booze. Lots and lots of companies/brands do this kind of thing. I think there may be more awareness of Bethenny doing it (sometime unsuccessfully) because people follow her specifically while they do not devote the same amount of attention to random other brands.  But they have more failures than successes, too. It's not "being all over the place," it's simply finding out what works, sticking with it, and dropping things that aren't successful and moving on.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2

There are businesses that are thriving just on Instagram advertising/influencer marketing alone. It's cheaper (by miles) and often way more successful in 2018 than using traditional media. Luckily for Bethenny, she has her own (free) SM platforms at her disposal.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Is she actually the one who determines advertising etc.?  I know for the SG beverages, she wouldn't as she sold that line.  Does she actually own the rights to, manufacture, distribute, etc. the other products/product lines?  I'm asking.  I don't know.

From what I understand is that she shops around for products to slap her SG label on, she partners with the actual manufacture, they make whatever and she puts her name/logo on it.  

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That is how a lot of modern businesses operate. The days of companies relying upon only traditional print and broadcast media campaigns are a thing of the past, especially when trying to appeal to a younger demgraphic. And licensing a brand name to others is common and a huge way to generate capital. Plus it would be a tremendous, likely impossible drain of resources for her to personally develop and manufacture every single product she wanted to market. Licensing just makes sense in her situation. She is trying to build a brand.

I don't think it is at all unusual for Bethenny to try to broaden her brand beyond just liquor. She wants to be a lifestyle purveyor, not just be associated with booze. Lots and lots of companies/brands do this kind of thing. I think there may be more awareness of Bethenny doing it (sometime unsuccessfully) because people follow her specifically while they do not devote the same amount of attention to random other brands.  But they have more failures than successes, too. It's not "being all over the place," it's simply finding out what works, sticking with it, and dropping things that aren't successful and moving on.

Ok, I guess I could see that (new way of advertising that is) but that means that only those that follow her or watch this show know about her products., which translates into a short shelf life before she moves onto something different. Which means that as a consumer I shouldn't get too attached to 1 of her products because she will be dropping it for something new/shiner sooner than later, an example of this is the initial poster that I responded to, she loved a product from Bethenny but it disappeared not to be seen again. 

55 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

There are businesses that are thriving just on Instagram advertising/influencer marketing alone. It's cheaper (by miles) and often way more successful in 2018 than using traditional media. Luckily for Bethenny, she has her own (free) SM platforms at her disposal.

Does Bethenny have any celeb (other than her herself) to help promote her products on SM or is she the only one? If she's the only one, then her reach isn't all that far, just her followers and those that like her that watch the NY HW show, so IMO, it is a rather shallow/narrow pool for marketing.

• Love 7

If a brand keeps just throwing something at the wall to see what sticks it is eventually devalued.  I would think the jeans would be a risky business after the lack of success of the shapewear.  Just like the luggage that never materialized-went out on social media but didn't happen.  Skinnygirl non-alcoholic beverages are attached to a good manufacturer but it is all about shelf space and from its onset Skinnygirl has always had the disadvantage of well , the name.  It is for women.  Men don't buy Skinnygirl sparklers.  Women and men do buy Arnold Palmer Half&Half, and his beverage brand is expanding and Arnold is not doing any social media these days. Skinnygirl has its niche and after almost 10 years notoriety of RH Bethenny Frankel isn't enough.  I would think it would be hard to pitch new food and beverage products when any number have ended up in the close out bins at Marshall's.  

Martha Stewart made a name by being associated with 2,000 items at Macy's alone.  I know she is the example Bethenny is following but I swear it is like being inside a pinball machine with Bethenny. She just pings everywhere.  One day she is offer relief to hurricane victims, the next day she is suing her ex for full custody.  She gives empowerment speeches to women's groups and then turns around and excoriates her co-workers.  Meanwhile, Martha is doing home meals hanging with Snoop Dog and judging on Chopped.  Granted Bethenny did Shark Tank but it is always something off color with her.  Pretty soon it will be Bethenny University and Bethenny Steaks.  

I do think Bethenny has a command of how branding works and there is also a counter branding culture afoot.  How does one unbrand?

• Love 12
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The popcorn is that way! Lol I actually discovered it when I couldn't find my regular Orville Redenbacher lime and sea salt popcorn mini bags. I saw the skinnygirl picked up the box and it's the popcorn I was looking for. It's Orville Redenbacher but in skinnygirl packaging. 

The beauty line was distributed by Lotta Luv. They labels are marked both Copyright Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl Cocktails LLC. 

So probably a lot of partnerships that just didn't work out. I know from another forum that a focus group said a lot of women were put off by the Skinny Girl name without even giving the products a chance. 

Did she product push a lot on her talk show? I tried to watch it but it was awkward. So many times during interviews she would make it all about herself instead of allowing the other person to talk. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

The popcorn is that way! Lol I actually discovered it when I couldn't find my regular Orville Redenbacher lime and sea salt popcorn mini bags. I saw the skinnygirl picked up the box and it's the popcorn I was looking for. It's Orville Redenbacher but in skinnygirl packaging. 

The beauty line was distributed by Lotta Luv. They labels are marked both Copyright Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl Cocktails LLC. 

So probably a lot of partnerships that just didn't work out. I know from another forum that a focus group said a lot of women were put off by the Skinny Girl name without even giving the products a chance. 

Did she product push a lot on her talk show? I tried to watch it but it was awkward. So many times during interviews she would make it all about herself instead of allowing the other person to talk. 

Not on the shows I saw but it is possible the Ellen wouldn't allow it, they needed to keep their paying sponsors buying ad time and why would any company pay when something else is getting free ads, Ellen doesn't promote her own line on her Talk Show, so I will presume Bethenny was not allowed to push her line much at all.

• Love 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

So many times during interviews she would make it all about herself instead of allowing the other person to talk. 

I'm guessing you weren't surprised by this revelation, lol.  

I'm thinking that the most I've seen in the way of marketing/adv. is point-of-purchase displays and the endless product placement on RHO.  I tuned into the talk show for a total of about 3 minutes, and knew I had seen enough.  I remember reading that she basically blamed Ellen Degeneres for the failure...that she didn't use her muscle to influence better guests to make appearances "like Queen Latifah was getting".  Too funny.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm thinking that the most I've seen in the way of marketing/adv. is point-of-purchase displays and the endless product placement on RHO.  I tuned into the talk show for a total of about 3 minutes, and knew I had seen enough.  I remember reading that she basically blamed Ellen Degeneres for the failure...that she didn't use her muscle to influence better guests to make appearances "like Queen Latifah was getting".  Too funny.

She just can not accept responsibility for failure, at all, in anything. Even getting married to Jason was someone else's fault, she has blamed Andy/Bravo/production for pushing her against her gut instinct/will to get married!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I was shocked she actually had guests because this was before I went back and watched old seasons. At that time I only knew her from the spin offs and couldn't understand why anyone liked her because she seemed so cruel on there. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

She just can not accept responsibility for failure, at all, in anything. Even getting married to Jason was someone else's fault, she has blamed Andy/Bravo/production for pushing her against her gut instinct/will to get married!

Yup. Her marriage to Jason was all Andy's fault.  Nothing to do with her.

https://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-says-she-decided-to-get-married-out-of-fear/ 

“It’s all Andy Cohen’s fault'

This is why I am on team Carole, even though I never have been a Carole fan.

Grow up,  Bethenny.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 14

Who's going to want to buy jeans that say "Skinny Girl" on the ass? Whether you are one or not, lol. 

I mentioned before there's already a brand called "Hello Skinny Jeans." They design the jeans to make you look thinner - from the color shading to the seams - but they don't brand on the back pocket. They leave it blank. I don't see Bethenny being able to leave her name off something. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Not on the shows I saw but it is possible the Ellen wouldn't allow it, they needed to keep their paying sponsors buying ad time and why would any company pay when something else is getting free ads, Ellen doesn't promote her own line on her Talk Show, so I will presume Bethenny was not allowed to push her line much at all.

Maybe that's why she hated doing it so much?

She had to focus on other people and couldn't shove Skinnygirl in front of a camera every 2 seconds.

• Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Yup. Her marriage to Jason was all Andy's fault.  Nothing to do with her.

https://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-says-she-decided-to-get-married-out-of-fear/ 

“It’s all Andy Cohen’s fault'

This is why I am on team Carole, even though I never have been a Carole fan.

Grow up,  Bethenny.

This is the girl who drove impaired after partying one night in LA, totaled her dad’s luxury car and BITCHED that he replaced it with a used American made sedan. And later totaled her mother’s car probably impaired,  got in an argument about it when she was scolded and didn’t speak to her mother for 10 years because of it. This is who Bethenny is and it runs deep. It is never her fault and it is worsening because of her now multi (?)  million dollar buffer between her and reality. The sad thing is no millions or billions can buffer the dysfunction in her wake affecting her close relationships. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Checked out Dennis Shields on IMDB.

He is listed as an actor in one film from 2009, called "The Girlfriend Experience". 

I checked out the trailer. Sure enough at 1:39, in walks Dennis wearing nothing but a diaper!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASX1VoCDroQ

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3554153/

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Mark Cuban was an Executive Producer of that cinematic gem.

To be fair to all parties involved, Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh was directing and he cast a lot of real people in the film. The lead is played by Sasha Grey who is a porn star. Her boyfriend Chris, who is a personal trainer, is played by the screenwriter's personal trainer, Chris. A number of journalists, film critics, friends, and producers have parts in the film as a journalist, blogger, client, and client. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

To be fair to all parties involved, Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh was directing and he cast a lot of real people in the film. The lead is played by Sasha Grey who is a porn star. Her boyfriend Chris, who is a personal trainer, is played by the screenwriter's personal trainer, Chris. A number of journalists, film critics, friends, and producers have parts in the film as a journalist, blogger, client, and client. 

Thanks HH!

Dennis Shields plays a guy named Dennis (according to the credits) who happens to enjoy wearing diapers. 

So if everyone is playing their own self....???

LOL.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Thanks HH!

Dennis Shields plays a guy named Dennis (according to the credits) who happens to enjoy wearing diapers. 

So if everyone is playing their own self....???

LOL.

Omg pass the eye bleach of his man boob unable to defy gravity when he sits down! Bizarre.  

• Love 5
On 5/26/2018 at 4:19 PM, WireWrap said:

Does Bethenny have any celeb (other than her herself) to help promote her products on SM or is she the only one? If she's the only one, then her reach isn't all that far, just her followers and those that like her that watch the NY HW show, so IMO, it is a rather shallow/narrow pool for marketing.

You'd be surprised how little you need to start a fire on Instagram. I run a few editorial brands and one of our smaller ones did a short Instagram video on a beauty product and it sold out in HOURS. Bethenny has much larger reach than that little brand does. That said, there are lots of other things to do on Instagram, including actual ads, that tend to be much more effective than traditional media ads. Shockingly so. 

Personally, though I love Bethenny for her wit and candor, I have never purchased one of her products. I'm not really into the whole "skinny" thing and never was. If I'm going to have a margarita, I'm going to have a freaking margarita. I'd rather work out more and eat reasonably than skimp on things like that.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

You'd be surprised how little you need to start a fire on Instagram. I run a few editorial brands and one of our smaller ones did a short Instagram video on a beauty product and it sold out in HOURS. Bethenny has much larger reach than that little brand does. That said, there are lots of other things to do on Instagram, including actual ads, that tend to be much more effective than traditional media ads. Shockingly so. 

Personally, though I love Bethenny for her wit and candor, I have never purchased one of her products. I'm not really into the whole "skinny" thing and never was. If I'm going to have a margarita, I'm going to have a freaking margarita. I'd rather work out more and eat reasonably than skimp on things like that.

I am sure these SM ads are effective but only to a degree because you only reach those that follow you and no one else. So, my guess is that Bethenny doesn't buy/order any 1 product beyond the amount needed for immediate sales, not long term sales.