Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The second saddest thing is that eventually, the world will run out of people who knew life before follow/unfollow.

Guess I am one of those dinosaurs. LOL. I'm ok with this.

Oh, back to Bethenny, the saddest thing.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Where to start with this?  I...oh, never mind.

Screenshot (72).png

This is a really pretty photo of Beth. 

Beth expounding on happiness = Sonja giving a Learning Annex seminar on becoming an entrepreneur.

Could someone photoshop this to replace “happy” with “bitter” or “full of rage”?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is a really pretty photo of Beth. 

Beth expounding on happiness = Sonja giving a Learning Annex seminar on starting a business. 

I try to refrain from commenting on people's appearances, but in this pic, Beth looks  at least 57.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I try to refrain from commenting on people's appearances, but in this pic, Beth looks  at least 57.

I sort of agree, and feel like she has aged a bit in this past year or so.  I don't mind it though, and actually prefer a woman looking her age than filling herself with toxins and fillers in a futile attempt to turn back time.  Sometimes it works, but usually it doesn't imo.  The mouth lines are what is aging Beth in this photo, and one could argue that her 1% body fat contributes to that.  One 80/20 cheeseburger per week might fix that. ( ;

• Love 3

haha that's a riot. Where to start? A conscious choice to exhaust ALL avenues of cohesive coparenting- outpatient counseling and or expensive best in the business mediators instead of using the courts and lawyers and fighting over money would have made someone happy.... Brynn. 

• Love 11

This may have been covered somewhere before,   but Bethenny's eyes look much different than in the early years.  I think she had them done.

In the past her eyes looked very bulge-y and the outside corners turned down.     Not judging--I'd get all sorts of stuff done if I had the $$.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Kadooz to Bethenny, she looks great here.  Bbbuttt...a sheer skirt and stiletto f*ck me pumps seem an odd choice for a bicycle ride on a porch.  I'm funny that way.

Screenshot (75).png

And a bicycle with flat tires to boot!

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, seasick said:

This may have been covered somewhere before,   but Bethenny's eyes look much different than in the early years.  I think she had them done.

In the past her eyes looked very bulge-y and the outside corners turned down.     Not judging--I'd get all sorts of stuff done if I had the $$.

I think she's had a lot things 'done', but it's been high quality work imo.  It's like you can't quite put your finger on it (other than the jaw work, which was obvious).  I think she's stayed away from fillers.  To me, most women who rely on fillers end up looking clownish and lumpy.   

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, seasick said:

You are correct! They were very bulge-y and the outer corners turned down!  She has had excellent cosmetic surgery done.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You are correct! They were very bulge-y and the outer corners turned down!  She has had excellent cosmetic surgery done.

Now if only someone could correct her nasty personality! LOL

• Love 13
(edited)

I loved Bethenny's real face -- she was pretty but also arresting -- different.

You are correct! They were very bulge-y and the outer corners turned down!  

Her eyes -- and nose and jawline --  are much more like her mother's face, now:

bethenny bern.jpg

bern.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Kadooz to Bethenny, she looks great here.  Bbbuttt...a sheer skirt and stiletto f*ck me pumps seem an odd choice for a bicycle ride on a porch.  I'm funny that way.

Screenshot (75).png

Part of a magazine shoot.

I love that skirt. Fan of the nasty personality too.

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 7

A nebulous connection to Bethenny, but back in season eight, she was filmed paging through Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll in, I believe, one of the Palm Beach/Miami scenes. It's a riveting, smartly written but easily digestible thriller - trigger warnings galore, though. 

In any case, Knoll just released her second novel, a viciously funny murder mystery cum satire of the Housewives franchise set in New York City. That synopsis by itself would make me cringe but I approached without any knowledge of the plot and read in three sittings. All of the characters are despicable in different ways (there's not really an authentically likeable one in the book) but devastatingly rendered. Each is unselfaware yet insightful in her own fashion. Many reminded me of the version of herself that Bethenny presented to the cameras in the early seasons. 

Thematically, feminism (feminist rage in particular) and intersectionality are very unsubtly the raison d'etre for the majority of character motivation and narrative mapping so it could be less enjoyable going if those aren't of topical interest to the reader. 

Just thought I'd note in case anyone is looking for summer reading material. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, lunastartron said:

A nebulous connection to Bethenny, but back in season eight, she was filmed paging through Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll in, I believe, one of the Palm Beach/Miami scenes. It's a riveting, smartly written but easily digestible thriller - trigger warnings galore, though. 

In any case, Knoll just released her second novel, a viciously funny murder mystery cum satire of the Housewives franchise set in New York City.

Interesting . The way Bethenny stages everything, including blogging in the past about her outfits etc I wonder if the Luckiest Girl Alive was staged also and she had any relation to the new HW one by same author, interviews , etc. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Interesting . The way Bethenny stages everything, including blogging in the past about her outfits etc I wonder if the Luckiest Girl Alive was staged also and she had any relation to the new HW one by same author, interviews , etc. 

A credible possibility, now that you mention it! I forgot to mention that the point of departure for the plot is a feud between two of the stars; it couldn't be more transparently modeled on Bethenny versus Jill in the broad outlines (established queen bee growing resentful of suddenly successful upstart).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

@film noire posted the New York Times obit of Bethenny's dad on an episode thread.  It was very interesting.  Here is a photo of him from that obit.

frankel.jpg

Here's the link to FN's post - http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71595-s10e13-arrest-and-relaxation-20180627/?do=findComment&comment=4457040

I did not realize he was only 68 when he died. 

This is also the opposite of what I thought he would look like.

I always pictured some Mr. Moneybags type guy in my head.

• Love 4

Brought over from the episode thread, discussion about filming/streaming Cookie gravely ill:

Bethenny grew up every day of her life into her 20s watching her dad and stepdad earn a living at the upper echelon of horse racing with the BEST VETS in the world on a daily basis on their payroll and on call  24/7. 

She could have called racing contacts (horse vets often have available meds for dogs and cats).  One call from B to one of Bethennys contacts who knew her dad, then that guy calls a vet with "Bobby Frankels daughters dog is dying there's 10 grand to helicopter to her place on the line will you go?, NYC small animal vets who could get on a helicopter, her alleged friend Beth Stern who thru her North Shore Animal League work knows vets on call in both the Hamptons and Manhattan. 

No she reached out to a social media platform instead of obtaining help for her beloved Cookie. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Brought over from the episode thread, discussion about filming/streaming Cookie gravely ill:

Bethenny grew up every day of her life into her 20s watching her dad and stepdad earn a living at the upper echelon of horse racing with the BEST VETS in the world on a daily basis on their payroll and on call  24/7. 

She could have called racing contacts (horse vets often have available meds for dogs and cats).  One call from B to one of Bethennys contacts who knew her dad, then that guy calls a vet with "Bobby Frankels daughters dog is dying there's 10 grand to helicopter to her place on the line will you go?, NYC small animal vets who could get on a helicopter, her alleged friend Beth Stern who thru her North Shore Animal League work knows vets on call in both the Hamptons and Manhattan. 

No she reached out to a social media platform instead of obtaining help for her beloved Cookie. 

As a dog lover. So so sad.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

her alleged friend Beth Stern who thru her North Shore Animal League work knows vets on call in both the Hamptons and Manhattan. 

I forgot about Beth Stern being out there. She is very proactive when it comes to animals welfare and would have been a valuable resource. With one short call she could have had help. 

• Love 7
(edited)

[This quote and response about Bethenny and Cookie

was a copy/paste From the: S10.E13: ARREST AND RELAXATION 2018.06.27]

1 HOUR AGO, JEL SAID:

Is it possible that the reason she posted on SM is to access "the hive mind"

Nope

Going to the "hive" is a monumental waste of time.

No way to prove that the hives' suggestions are valid or helpful.

Calling a vet would have been the only valid thing to do.

The emergency scene with cookie should have been without an audience

period

Edited by artisto
refinement
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I forgot about Beth Stern being out there. She is very proactive when it comes to animals welfare and would have been a valuable resource. With one short call she could have had help. 

Who knows, Beth might have been one of the eight calls she made that you saw/heard during those instagrams.  The local vet forawarded to an emergency number at a vet over an hour away.  That vet tech told her to just make the dog comfortable and come in after the holiday weekend.  Her vet in the city told her that letting the seizure go on more than an hour was bad but they couldn’t find a vet that was open.  This went on for about 2 hours.  The only insta that seemed to be shown was one of the last ones.  She eventually drove to a different vet hospital that did have an ED and was open on the holiday weekend.  So she may have called Beth to see if she knew of a facility that was open.  You did see that wherever they ended up was farther out of the city than the Hamptons because the time to get there was alluded to when Kevin came out to say goodbye.  It was more than one insta where she was asking anyone for suggestions and asking whether this was right to just let the dog stay in a seizure this long.  It was ugly in so many ways.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Who knows, Beth might have been one of the eight calls she made that you saw/heard during those instagrams.  The local vet forawarded to an emergency number at a vet over an hour away.  That vet tech told her to just make the dog comfortable and come in after the holiday weekend.  Her vet in the city told her that letting the seizure go on more than an hour was bad but they couldn’t find a vet that was open.  This went on for about 2 hours.  The only insta that seemed to be shown was one of the last ones.  She eventually drove to a different vet hospital that did have an ED and was open on the holiday weekend.  So she may have called Beth to see if she knew of a facility that was open.  You did see that wherever they ended up was farther out of the city than the Hamptons because the time to get there was alluded to when Kevin came out to say goodbye.  It was more than one insta where she was asking anyone for suggestions and asking whether this was right to just let the dog stay in a seizure this long.  It was ugly in so many ways.

Cookie was her baby.  I can’t see her not doing everything possible to make that dog comfortable.  She must have done everything.  Nobody knows.  

• Love 5

Well, Beth was in Bridgehampton?  Right?  It takes less than a minute to google 24 hour emergency vets on Long Island.  There's one in Riverhead which is about 20 miles from where she was.  About a half an hour drive given the time of day.  That's where you go instead of going on SM crying about you don't know what to do.

• Love 8

Anyone have an update on Bethenny's suit seeking full custody of Bryn?

The last I heard the judge ordered a psych evaluation on the daughter.  It's been crickets since then.   

Pure speculation, but I can't help but think that findings indicate Bryn is being adversely affected by the parents and the judge ordered them to shut it all up.  

• Love 8

Here we all are still chatting about Cookie’s death and it’s circumstances. I wonder that Bethenny is even grieving this long. I think it’s bothering some of us more than it is here but I can’t know how she feels. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Here we all are still chatting about Cookie’s death and it’s circumstances. I wonder that Bethenny is even grieving this long. I think it’s bothering some of us more than it is here but I can’t know how she feels. 

Even sadder stilll.

• Love 4

I think the problem is that while I am not a pet person, I know people who are slavishly devoted to their pets and who, when faced with the pet's imminent death, lose their shit and act differently than they normally would. Do I wish Bethenny hadn't posted that video on social media? Yes. Do I think its forgivable? Yes. Do I think Cookie was ever abused or mistreated by her owner? No, I don't.

My anger towards pet abusers is better spent elsewhere.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, Beth was in Bridgehampton?  Right?  It takes less than a minute to google 24 hour emergency vets on Long Island.  There's one in Riverhead which is about 20 miles from where she was.  About a half an hour drive given the time of day.  That's where you go instead of going on SM crying about you don't know what to do.

Yes, the closest one was the on call person saying make the dog comfortable and come in on Tuesday.  The next closest was about 1.5 hours away.  So at that point the dog had been seizing for an hour when her regular NYC vet said find something closer the dog might not survive an 1.5 more in seizure.  So she put the seizing dog in the car with her young daughter in the middle of the night and drove to the vet hospital.  The last insta was her asking if anyone had experience with this and did they have any better suggestions for where to take the dog etc.  By the time they had Cookie in care she had been in seizure 4 hours.  They kept her at the hospital and Bethenny and friends said goodbye.  And that was like 2 days later.

• Love 5

I'm gutted just reading about this poor animal's suffering.  I can only imagine the memories that Bethenny is burdened with.  I can totally see where panic could set in, making it difficult to make efficient, rational decisions in that moment.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Thanks for that enlightening detail, QuinnM. 

ETA: I didn't see those videos, and reading here kind of left me with the impression she didn't do anything to help her dog besides post on Insta. 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Yes, the closest one was the on call person saying make the dog comfortable and come in on Tuesday.  The next closest was about 1.5 hours away.  So at that point the dog had been seizing for an hour when her regular NYC vet said find something closer the dog might not survive an 1.5 more in seizure.  So she put the seizing dog in the car with her young daughter in the middle of the night and drove to the vet hospital.  The last insta was her asking if anyone had experience with this and did they have any better suggestions for where to take the dog etc.  By the time they had Cookie in care she had been in seizure 4 hours.  They kept her at the hospital and Bethenny and friends said goodbye.  And that was like 2 days later.

East End Vet Center is in Riverhead.  It's about 20 miles from Bridgehampton.  It's a full service/emergency 24 hour care facility.  It even states emergency service includes seizures.  Of course Beth is known to exaggerate.

https://pet-er.com/service/247-emergency-critical-care/

I think who Beth called was a regular vet with a vet on call.

Anyhow, the point of all this in relationship to this episode is that Beth was going all in on Tins for trying on wedding gowns.  Well Beth, why did you go on SM while your dog was seizing instead of getting to a vet hospital immediately if she seizing for a significant period of time. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jel said:

ETA: I didn't see those videos, and reading here kind of left me with the impression she didn't do anything to help her dog besides post on Insta. 

She actually started by asking if she should question the tech saying, oh just keep her comfortable.  She had not gotten a call back from her regular vet.  As the time went on you could see her becoming more emotional and it wasn’t until the end that you actually saw Cookie.  It was a tough set of insta stories.

6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well Beth, why did you go on SM while your dog was seizing instead of getting to a vet hospital immediately if she seizing for a significant period of time. 

Because they said, not much we can do, keep her comfortable, bring her in for a check up Tuesday.  It may well be where she ended up since it’s about 1.5 hours from her home.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Right.  I agree.  What I’d like to know is how does everyone know exactly what she did with Cookie.  Were they there with her? Or is it just speculation?

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't know but her instagrams are saying something different. 

http://perezhilton.com/2017-10-31-bethenny-frankel-dog-cookie-seizure-filming-backlash#.Wz-x4MInapo

There's nothing about driving an hour and a half.  She said the vet was 40 minutes away and then she upped it to 45. 

We know so much of what she did with Cookie because she kept posting about it. 

Also, she first started posting about the seizures at 8:30 at night.  It wasn't the middle of the night and does she not have a single friend who she could have called?

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, artisto said:

Nope

Going to the "hive" is a monumental waste of time.

No way to prove that the hives' suggestions are valid or helpful.

Calling a vet would have been the only valid thing to do.

The emergency scene with cookie should have been without an audience

period

Yes to all of that  -- go to the vet with 24 hour emerency service (twenty minutes away, not ninety as she claimed) instead of tweeting/sobbing to the world online. 

And the next time Frankel mocks anybody else for their behavior, she might want to look in the goddamn mirror. Whether it's Luann screwing ten Roman legions, Tinsley trying on a million wedding dresses, or Kelly scarfing gummy bears like an addict,  none of those actions equate to filming your suffering pet and posting it online. Instead of eagerly trashing others for lesser offenses, Bethenny might want to examine her own repeatedly troubling behaviour.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

This is true, i have to admit.  If they ALL have nothing nice to say, they should say nothing, period.  But then, there would be no show.  So ...... ?

Frankel said plenty of critical shit back in the day, but she was also self deprecating, and her humour wasn't poisonous or bitter (that was a large part of why I liked her. She was funny  - often sharply so -  without being cruel). But since her return,  she's become increasingly mean-sprited,  imo, often bullying/outright mocking her castmates (as if she wants them to feel humiliated; it's not enough to make fun of them, she has to make them feel diminished, as well).  She uses humour as a weapon, now, and there's nothing funny about it to me. I miss who she once was, and I bet (on her worst days) Bethenny does, too.

Edited by film noire
typos, paragraph changes, vocabulary, punctuation - you name it.
  • Love 9
(edited)

I only caught a few episodes here and there when Bethenny was on before, so I can't comment as to what she was like "before" or any change in her. I will say, since her return she has been nothing but Me, Me, Me. She cried incessantly her first season back about her apartment remodeling/homeless living in the finest suites in NYC situation. I'm not even going to go into her fibroid issue and the bloody pillow (God bless Kevin). Then there was her evisceration of Luann where she had a total throwing stones while living in a glass house moment with her "you sleep with everyone" and the sleeping with married men comments (or as Ramona would say "you shouldn't throw stones at glass houses"). And her treatment of Jules and her eating disorder was despicable, imo.

I don't find her funny or entertaining, and I don't "love to hate her". She just annoys me.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 15
29 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I only caught a few episodes here and there when Bethenny was on before, so I can't comment as to what she was like "before" or any change in her. I will say, since her return she has been nothing but Me, Me, Me. She cried incessantly her first season back about her apartment remodeling/homeless living in the finest suites in NYC situation. I'm not even going to go into her fibroid issue and the bloody pillow (God bless Kevin). Then there was her evisceration of Luann where she had a total throwing stones while living in a glass house moment with her "you sleep with everyone" and the sleeping with married men comments (or as Ramona would say "you shouldn't throw stones at glass houses"). And her treatment of Jules and her eating disorder was despicable, imo.

I don't find her funny or entertaining, and I don't "love to hate her". She just annoys me.

In Bethenny's case, just because she is talked about is not necessarily a good thing. Just like Brandi, or Kim Richards, or any Kardashian. Those people may get a lot of attention, but It certainly does not make her a winner by any stretch. She may be a winner to her fans, but not to everyone.

She can be subject to much talk but still be disliked, pitied, or ridiculed. Nothing to be proud of. 

And, yes this could be said of any of the other housewives. She is nothing special.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I don't know how to transfer these posts to the Bethenny board. Hoping someone can help.

For those who think that the more discussion about a person is better, check out Teresa G., Brandi, Dorit etc. Not necessarily a good thing. In fact....real bad.

5 hours ago, AnnA said:

You can either copy and paste or quote posts to put them in the Bethenny thread.   A moderator is the only one who can physically move them from one thread to another.

I can't comment on Dorit because I think BH sucks.  I tried to watch it last season but gave up.   I recorded the reunion episodes but deleted them without ever watching them.

Brandi was usually drunk, often out of control,  got physical with LVP,  had legal problems and became a liability for Bravo.

Teresa Giudice is probaby the most infamous HW of all but her outrageous behavior, felony convictions and stint in a federal prison didn't hurt her with Bravo.  They even supported the Giudice  family while  she was incarcerated.  My point is whether it's based on love or hate,  Bravo loves a HW that generates a buzz.  

Edited by AnnA
(edited)

ON 7/6/2018 AT 8:47 AM, HAPPY CAMPER SAID:

I was wondering the same thing, but was hesitant to say out loud. If I were Jason, I would definitely be concerned about this lack of judgement/lack of critical thinking ability. Seriously concerned.

Yes we are discussing Bethenny again, but definitely not an indication that she is a winner. In fact...quite the opposite..

Quote:

I don't drink anymore,  but other people do. God forbid we start a hunt against everyone who may or may not (pure speculation) have had too much to drink in their own home,  or hotel room,  or whatever, to drive to the emergency room and speculate about their fitness as a parent. 

I do have a big problem with someone who had too much to drink while they are in a position to be responsible for a small child. 

If that video had been taken by a person who was taking care of my child at the time, I would be on the warpath.

If you do not have the ability to take responsible steps to take proper care of an animal in an emergency situation, and choose to film/post your freak out on social media/beg for help....then I am absolutely going to question your abilities as a parent. You need to Man Up and instead of crying to the public, do what needs to be done.

The very last thing that I would be choosing to do would be going on to my phone/computer and making a video for the public. OMG.

Jason needs to be concerned about this woman as mother of Bryn. Seriously. 

Thank God Bryn is not allowed to be filmed.

Edited to add: If that had been Jason or anyone in Jason's family who had Bryn with them at the time and  had posted that video, there would be an entirely different response. No question! Can you imagine if that had been Jason or his mom?

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9