Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: All About Jill

Once again here is verbal "slippage" from Michelle...she stated how Jill and Derick HAD TO HAVE chaperones...well, lady, if it's their choice to do so or not, they wouldn't HAVE to have them now, would they? Why would have Jim Bob's radar siren blow at that airport with the "accidental frontal hug"? His daughter is a grown woman, age wise, at least and certainly Derick is a grown up at 25 years old...they chose to full hug at the airport in FRONT OF all the family, God and country. How sexual was that? They are a bunch of hypocrites and they are still trying to pedal that "couples choice" bull-loney to the public....No one believes you any more...get off of it already and MOVE ON.

I would like to know what that wedding planner lady's husband does for a living and just what is SHE pulling in money-wise delivering babies as a midwife...as that is SOME HOUSE she has. It was the same house as the nail applique "commercial", I mean party.. Yes, I was correct the cake baking lady was a like minded woman whose baby Jill delivered on the show; I recognized her..so sickening..where is the wedding shower with those awful pink and mint paper plates we were treated to seeing in an earlier blog photo?

• Love 6

I must say I find myself with a smile on my face when Jill and Derick (together or separate) are doing their talking heads. They both are really good, genuine people and make a very nice couple.

I got the impression that Derick didn't necessarily grow up in a particularly religious family and losing his father sent him down that path looking for meaning in his loss.

I had the feeling from something his mother said that he was religious in high school, maybe more than his family.  Then the death of father sent him down this path as you suggested.  Also, the mother indicated that she had told her sons not to waste their time (and money) dating all over the place, so maybe he didn't have much experience with girls and stuck to studying.  I hope they are happy.  They do seem genuine.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

* I don't think the elder Duggars realize what a shark-jumping moment this whole thing is. How can they possibly top this extravaganza with future marriages? We've seen it all by now, and I mean ALL. Like, ad nauseam, to the point of ridiculousness. Where can they possibly go from here?

This. Are we to endure the same for Jessa? Or is she just not special enough?

• Love 1

Besides everything that you guys have commented on I thought Josie trying to talk was one of the most painful parts of the whole Jill is great, Jill has a slaves' heart errrr I mean servant's heart, Jill is getting married show.

BTW who is Jill marrying? I can't remember.

• Love 2

I thought the bridal shower was kind of sweet.  The women seemed to genuinely like Jill.  As for JB and the sex comment.  If someone had asked my Dad what hubby was looking forward to the most after the wedding he would totally say, "duh, the sex!"  I don't think it's skivvy, it's a fact of life.  Now, all the baby jabbing and saying they're looking for the baby call before they're even married, that's skivvy.

• Love 3

All I know is when I had my Bridal/Wedding Shower I was not surrounded by a million babies on a couch.

Too funny! It was like some kind of horror movie. Someone upthread said there should have been college or high school friends at her shower. And I thought, of course, real friends instead of a boatload of drooly grinning babies. The sad part is that she doesn't know what she is missing.

I feel bad for Derrick. I mean Derick Dillard. It seems like the perpetually-loafing Duggars are always waiting for him to get off of work to do things - go to an auction, look at the house or hang out at the TTH Compound. Jill mentioned she was emailing and texting him all sorts of wedding stuff at work. Then there are the filming sessions, obligatory family appearances, and now all the baby preparations and hoopla.

How does the poor guy concentrate at work with all that going on? It's like he's been sucked up by a Fundie tornado.

Edited by NJRach
  • Love 5

There were two love birds on the big picture card. Michelle joked (not funny) that she should put her thumbprint and sign in the middle since they were still in the chaperone period. She mercifully decided not to.

Didn't Michelle put her thumb print next to one of the two lovebirds and write "Mom D" above it?  You know she wouldn't miss a chance to insert herself in the middle of something meant for one of her kids.  You know, like having HER wedding dress on display at Jill's wedding. 

• Love 2

I don't feel bad for DerickDilard because I have the sense that Boob is setting him up for bigger and better things like getting him involved in real estate once they get more money from all these endorsements. 

If Derick is smart he should learn all he could about owning properties it seems to have worked well for Boob and just think Bin will always be available to be Mr. Fix It Man while Derick goes to his real job at Walmart.

I love how they replayed the full frontal hug and then went on to explain how it was completely accidental. What a ridiculous world they live in where something like that actually matters.

Once again here is verbal "slippage" from Michelle...she stated how Jill and Derick HAD TO HAVE chaperones...well, lady, if it's their choice to do so or not, they wouldn't HAVE to have them now, would they? Why would have Jim Bob's radar siren blow at that airport with the "accidental frontal hug"? His daughter is a grown woman, age wise, at least and certainly Derick is a grown up at 25 years old...they chose to full hug at the airport in FRONT OF all the family, God and country. How sexual was that? They are a bunch of hypocrites and they are still trying to pedal that "couples choice" bull-loney to the public....No one believes you any more...get off of it already and MOVE ON.

I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum in other threads, but a while back wasn't the official Duggar party line that each child could decide for himself/herself what would be acceptable behavior while "courting"?  I'm pretty sure that both Jill and Jessa have said sentences similar to "We've decided not to hold hands until we're engaged..."  I wonder how long they'll keep up this ridiculous fiction (that the couples ever had a say in the matter) because it's pretty clear that this is a mandate from Jim Bob and MIchelle -- otherwise, why would he flip out over an accidental front hug?  Good grief!

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 7

It's sad that her shower was attended by her work "clients" than actual friends, even tho she doesn't have the normal girlfriends like we do. I agree that she didn't know all of them & it was a meet & greet for some. What happened to the Query family/girls? Were they invited? Was Grandma even there? I know this was the time Cathy was going thru treatment but I wonder if his side of the family did something for her. Are there any aunts, cousins, friends of Derickdillard that could have arranged a small luncheon for her at a restaurant? That way Jill could have gotten to know his side better. And like a previous poster said - why couldn't they have mentioned during the shower they wished Cathy could have been there or said a prayer for her?

I thought the producers read our posts about Describing Jill in one word. I previously posted on how they did this at the shower of Audrey, Jeremy Roloffs fiance. (Little People.....) Each of the guests came up with something different & Amy Roloff commented this showed how great a person Audrey is. Too bad it didn't go as well with Jill as it did with Audrey. Sorry I can't remember what they said about Audrey but it wasn't the usual "sweet, precious or useful" that come out of the Duggars mouths.

• Love 3

According to Anna and her one sister, the bride is suppose not take the spotlight in a wedding since the big day is about God. And we all know the Duggars are the experts when it comes to weddings.

And at avoiding the spotlight.

#eyeroll

• Love 4

The thing about investing in real estate is the JB was lucky in being the right age for loose lending practices and exceedingly low interest rates. I'm not casting any aspersions on what he did - I'm close to the same age and benefitted myself. But that's just lucky timing, and JB was smart enough to take advantage of it.

What Derrick needs to do is figure out what the next lucky timing thing might be and be sure he has the resources for it. That might still be some kind of real estate, but it's not as likely. You don't generally repeat the same wealth generating patterns every generation. But living modestly, keeping an eye out, saving money, advancing in his job so when the timing IS right he and Jill will have the money to make that move is a good strategy.

• Love 3

Sweet mother of Chuck E. CHEESE!

Like many others, I wanted to bitch slap Michelle for even suggesting it would be ok to put her thumb print in the middle of the love birds. Who does that? That's not the action of a loving, selfless mother. That's the action of a classic, narcissistic, woman who sees Jill and Derek as objects. I can't think of one reason, chaperone included, that a mentally healthy adult would giggle and laugh about sabotaging a loving, caring sign of luck and friendship in that manner.

Michelle is going to be way over her head when Jana and Jinger leave. The fact that Jenny was so upset and it was JIM BOB who offered the comfort speaks volumes. I don't care if it was during the wedding. We know Jenny had those feelings a month prior. Instead of Michelle spending more time with Jennifer, reestablishing her face as "mom": Michelle has been out on anniversary dates, fittings, and any other break she could get from her precious little girls.

Derek's story was the most interesting part of the episode. It will be interesting to see if his son will get to be a Scout and go to the big camp in New Mexico (as the picture suggested that Derek and his parents did). Will baby Dillard get a cap and gown? Will baby Dillard ever wear a 101 Dalmations shirt or have a stuffed Simba, like his dad?

I hope Derek doesn't sell out his sons future to please Jim Bob.

I call b/s to the girls making their own courtship rules.

• Love 8
I'm another one who wanted to reach through my TV and slap Michelle for having to have her thumbprint right next to the lovebirds in the painting.  God, she's so annoying, not to mention that listening to her voice makes my teeth hurt!

You should watch like I do, on mute with the closed captions on (I watch in bed after my husband is asleep).

Saddest moment of the preview is when poor Jennifer is crying because she's about to lose her mother, and JimBoob is the one trying to comfort her while J'Chelle is, as always, MIA.

Not to defend MEchelle at ALL, but this looked to me like right before they walked down the aisle, Mother of the Bride would likely already be seated. She'd want Jill, anyway, not dumb old J'Chelle.

I did not watch this show much until recently, so I enjoyed seeing the old clips of Jill, but I would liked more on Derrick, and less of JB's sex talk.

• Love 2

The likelihood that baby Dill will be a Boy Scout, attend a camp other than ALERT, see the inside of a public school classroom, and otherwise enjoy the kind of normal upbringing Derick had is slim to nil. Jill is a true believer and as far as Boob is concerned, Derick is now a Duggar. The pressure on him to do things the Duggar way will continue to be enormous. He followed the courtship rules, went along with the root beer float no dancing wedding, moved into a Boob owned house, and got Jill pregnant within days of the I do's. Pretty sure bet that unless Derick wakes up and seriously grows a pair, all of his children will be homeschooled using ATI materials and fully indoctrinated into Gothardism.

• Love 11

No Josiah! (that I noticed)

I hope he's escaped, but I doubt it. Shouldn't he be back in time for the wedding?

Especially since everyone else showed up for the wedding last week. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

In a flashback to an earlier episode, when the Duggar girls were still in their "Let's Look Like Pilgrims" phase, Michelle was shown teaching her very young children about bankruptcy law. Yeah, that's something that's definitely useful to a 12-year-old. No wonder someone has to downsize the recipes for Jill - she never learned basic math!

• Love 5

I thought it was hilarious that Josh immediately outed Jill as a snitch (something that had been speculated about at TwOP). Then they cut away to poor Jana to try and smooth it over. I don't even remember what lame line she came up with, but I felt bad that she was put on the spot like that.

And back to Josh's piece, he said "Jill would run and tell Mother." Since when have any of the kids called her Mother? Personally, it is the one name my son was never allowed to use with me. Every time I hear it, I see Norman Bates walking up the stairs and saying, "I'm coming, Mother."

• Love 8

Josh has been letting a number of little comments fly recently. To me, he and Anna are the most interesting part of the show, as they are, in my opinion, finally growing up and establishing real identities separate from the family.

Derrick, I'm afraid, is heading in the opposite direction.

• Love 4

Imo, none of the older kids are grown up and mature to handle the real world. They can pretend Josh and Anna are doing fine without momsie and popsie close by, and pretend Jill is all grown up and ready for marriage and motherhood until all of us are blue in the face, but in reality, they are just younger versions of their parents who toe the family line and do not have real thoughts and opinions of their own.

I agree with some of the posters who think Derick was reaching out for a father figure when he became prayer friends with JB. He was ripe for the pickings just like JB and Michelle were ripe for the Gothard pickings. Derick may be going along with the flow to please Jill or hoping to be part of a big family. Would he went along with JB if his own father was still alive? His mother and brother seem not to like the whole lets court, become engaged, get married, and start a family right away within a short period of time. I would not be surprise if Ben was chosen because he seems a little too eager for Jessa, and he seems to be a very easy pushover. Of course, his parents seem to be famewhorers.

Since when have any of the kids called her Mother? Personally, it is the one name my son was never allowed to use with me. Every time I hear it, I see Norman Bates walking up the stairs and saying, "I'm coming, Mother."

To me, "Mother" conjures memories of Lucille and Buster Bluth!

Also, she wrote "Mom D." Um, OK. Any theories on that one???

She was Momma D, I'm assuming for for Momma Duggar.

. . . So she just staked out "Mom D" with no consideration for Cathy Dillard? Way to co-opt an entire letter of the alphabet, MEchelle.

• Love 6

It's sad that her shower was attended by her work "clients" than actual friends, even tho she doesn't have the normal girlfriends like we do. I agree that she didn't know all of them & it was a meet & greet for some. What happened to the Query family/girls? Were they invited? Was Grandma even there? I know this was the time Cathy was going thru treatment but I wonder if his side of the family did something for her. Are there any aunts, cousins, friends of Derickdillard that could have arranged a small luncheon for her at a restaurant? That way Jill could have gotten to know his side better. And like a previous poster said - why couldn't they have mentioned during the shower they wished Cathy could have been there or said a prayer for her?

This was only one of the showers.  This shower was thrown by the midwife, who really only invited the moms/babies Jill had helped.  Derick's family and Jill's extended family and friends were at a different shower.  This was kind of like her "work shower".  

Who is Jordyn's buddy team?

Doesn't Cathy Dillard have a new last name though?  Her current last name probably doesn't begin with a D, so Michelle was putting Mom D. assuming that Cathy would put Mom whatever-last-initial.  Or if Cathy's last name does begin with D, she probably wasn't thinking.  I have to admit, I was kind of glad she put "Mom D", at least she's acknowledging and remembering that there IS another mother involved.  My MIL puts "Mom" on everything as if my own mother doesn't exist or as if she should put her first name.  

• Love 1

This was only one of the showers. This shower was thrown by the midwife, who really only invited the moms/babies Jill had helped. Derick's family and Jill's extended family and friends were at a different shower. This was kind of like her "work shower".

Glad to hear she had other showers esp with Derick's family in attendance. Too bad we couldn't have seen some of that instead of all the filler. But maybe they wanted to be normal & not be on TV.
  • Love 1

This was only one of the showers.  This shower was thrown by the midwife, who really only invited the moms/babies Jill had helped.  Derick's family and Jill's extended family and friends were at a different shower.  This was kind of like her "work shower".  

Jessa is Jordyn's buddy. 

Doesn't Cathy Dillard have a new last name though?  Her current last name probably doesn't begin with a D, so Michelle was putting Mom D. assuming that Cathy would put Mom whatever-last-initial.  Or if Cathy's last name does begin with D, she probably wasn't thinking.  I have to admit, I was kind of glad she put "Mom D", at least she's acknowledging and remembering that there IS another mother involved.  My MIL puts "Mom" on everything as if my own mother doesn't exist or as if she should put her first name.  

Oh of COURSE! Her married name is Byrum. How judgmental of me to criticize MEchelle. To the prayer closet I go.

• Love 7

If "frontal" hugging is so scandalous, why did they want defraud us all by replaying it in slow motion?

Maybe it was to highlight the ridiculousness of it, and to make the Duggars uncomfortable. LOL I wonder if the Duggars are having a fit that TLC did that. Oh, the defrauding!

• Love 2

Jill had a few more showers than her midwifery clients. I believe Derrick's church gave them a shower and pounding. Pounding parties were more common back in the day to supply the woman with "pounds" of things (sugar, flour etc) to stock a pantry and start their lives. She may have had another shower that she posted on Instagram also.

• Love 1

I fast forward whenever one of them grabs a microphone. 

I can't tolerate the singing anymore. It's ridiculous.
Josh at his wedding...
The Jill/Derick engagement...
The endless versions of Amazing Grace.

• Love 1

Jessa is Jordyn's buddy. 

No wonder she is crying her eyes out.  Jessa doesn't do anything for anyone except Jessa.  IMO Jordyn has been the most neglected one.  I'm sure Jill gave her more attention than her slave mother and we know where the crazy breeder was for most of the poor girls life.  Jordyn was left with a dirty baby doll to drag around and hope the boy (can't remember which one) gave her a cup of oatmeal (not cooked) every now and then.

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 2

Fractions!! OMG

Funny thing is fractions mostly work for cooking but not always if you're baking (for me, anyway - I love to cook but not baking so much so maybe I've just been exceptionally unlucky in the baking department).  I can't picture them making the right adjustments particularly for baking. If you're trying to scale down using straight fractions and end up with, say, 1.67 eggs, things are going to get weird. Fractions alone seem like they would be difficult for this family, but figuring out how to adjust from there gets even more complicated.  Would this recipe then need one egg, two eggs, one whole egg plus one white or yolk, or...?

I've known a lot of brides (myself included) who got some variation of a recipe book/folder/file from family when getting married, which I thought was a great idea, but that was mostly for brides who hadn't already been cooking for years. It's "special" and "sweet" to me when a family passes along recipes that they've eaten for years but never knew exactly how to make them. I don't see that being the case with Jill since she's been cooking the family recipes for a lonnnng time now, though. She already knows the recipes, and I figure she's probably as capable as any of the rest of them when it comes to making adjustments.

• Love 2

No wonder she is crying her eyes out. Jessa doesn't do anything for anyone except Jessa. IMO Jordyn has been the most neglected one. I'm sure Jill gave her more attention than her slave mother and we know where the crazy breeder was for most of the poor girls life. Jordyn was left with a dirty baby doll to drag around and hope the boy (can't remember which one) gave her a cup of oatmeal (not cooked) every now and then.

On one of the older episodes this week, Grandma picked Jordyn up (she looked about 2-3 at the time) & was talking to her & showing her some much needed attention. Thank God cuz like you said, Jessa is all about Jessa.
  • Love 1

Funny thing is fractions mostly work for cooking but not always if you're baking (for me, anyway - I love to cook but not baking so much so maybe I've just been exceptionally unlucky in the baking department).  I can't picture them making the right adjustments particularly for baking. If you're trying to scale down using straight fractions and end up with, say, 1.67 eggs, things are going to get weird. Fractions alone seem like they would be difficult for this family, but figuring out how to adjust from there gets even more complicated.  Would this recipe then need one egg, two eggs, one whole egg plus one white or yolk, or...?

So, you're thinking they probably skipped the rounding up/rounding down lesson too.  LOL, literally! I see confusion, heads exploding... 

• Love 2

On one of the older episodes this week, Grandma picked Jordyn up (she looked about 2-3 at the time) & was talking to her & showing her some much needed attention. Thank God cuz like you said, Jessa is all about Jessa.

Sigh.

Jessa has somehow managed to find a way to not be the maid, the sister-mother, or the anything but Jessa. It's not her responsibility to be showing "much needed attention" to Jordyn. It's Michelle's. 

Edited by glow
  • Love 3

Jill had a few more showers than her midwifery clients. I believe Derrick's church gave them a shower and pounding. Pounding parties were more common back in the day to supply the woman with "pounds" of things (sugar, flour etc) to stock a pantry and start their lives. She may have had another shower that she posted on Instagram also.

I can't even read 'pounding party' with a straight face.  I'm immature ha ha.

• Love 15

What I found amazing about the preview is Jim Bob telling his daughter ' you are not losing a sister, you are gaining a brother'.  Jim Bob finally figured this out on the wedding day?  Because in every episode he is crying and whining about giving his daughter away (he means it literally).  Michelle is making comments about Jim Bob giving Jill's heart and  prayers to another man  (as if Jim Bob owns anyone's prayers).

What I found amazing about the preview is Jim Bob telling his daughter ' you are not losing a sister, you are gaining a brother'.  Jim Bob finally figured this out on the wedding day?  Because in every episode he is crying and whining about giving his daughter away (he means it literally).  Michelle is making comments about Jim Bob giving Jill's heart and  prayers to another man  (as if Jim Bob owns anyone's prayers).

In my contribution to the things we disliked about the Duggars, I pointed out that they don't consider marriage as a way of leaving and cleaving. Instead, they feel as though their own family is growing. The kids get a new brother or sister. They get more daughters and sons. 

Edited by glow

As much as Jill has been getting on my nerves lately, I'm actually happy she had other showers. A bridal shower with two dozen crying babies sounds like a nightmare to me. It also looked like Venessa barely had any food for the guests, other than a cake that didn't look nearly big enough for the amount of people who were there. What is it with Fundies and not feeding people?

I'm loving how much Josh is wearing his bitch panties ever since Jill got that nice big house. He pretty much confirmed what we all suspected: Jill was the family snitch growing up. Jana tried to rephrase it as Jill making sure the others were "accountable." Nice try, Jana.

I know I'm a bitch for saying this, but looking at the pictures of Jill and Derick as they were growing up, I couldn't help but think that Baby Dilly is going to have one hell of an awkward phase when he hits puberty.

• Love 12