Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

I think the real problem is that TPTB gave Andrew the "Prince Charming" edit, including the contrived way he came back to Katie's hotel room to give her a love note, and his past social media activity shows that he's just an average bro, so TPTB look like idiots now. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I think the real problem is that TPTB gave Andrew the "Prince Charming" edit

And a lot of WOC are upset that it looks like he's another black man who doesn't date black women. That was one of Rachel's primary complaints about most of the black men on her season.  Tonight they were sympathizing with him over the conversation he had with one of his former girlfriends about raising biracial children but that's the conversation you're going to end up having if all your girlfriends are white.

And it's what a lot of people took issue with when it came to Matt James as well.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
(edited)
Spoiler

Going to try again!  Gen X out!

Edited by LBS
Trying to add the other part that explains why I put a spoiler and I’m inept.

Ok I’m trying again!  Quartney had a IG that explained why the guys clapped and Katie said she was proud of him.  I’m going to put the reason in a spoiler in case it triggers.

Spoiler

Spoiler

His mom committed suicide after years of bad physical health a couple of years ago and he never spoke about it or really processed it until he was on the show/amongst the guys.  He is now being public about it to raise awareness.  It’s a super moving IG video.  Quartneymixon on IG.

• Love 1
(edited)

In this interview, Katie really seems over her Bachelorette experience, and I would say, unhappy with the show.  The interview practically screams "I'm just fulfilling my contractual obligations."  She's clearly uncomfortable even talking about it.  Notable takeaways are that she wouldn't do the show again and has no interest in seeing Michael.  

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

In this interview, Katie really seems over her Bachelorette experience, and I would say, unhappy with the show.  The interview practically screams "I'm just fulfilling my contractual obligations."  She's clearly uncomfortable even talking about it.  Notable takeaways are that she wouldn't do the show again and has no interest in seeing Michael.  

I interviewer was really trying to get Katie to spoil her season. I would be uncomfortable talking about it too! Katie was constantly dodging the questions.

Edited by deSchenke
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Quote from Mike P, the virgin:

"I know this is a really weird thing to say because I'm waiting till marriage. Like, I'm an extremely sexual dude. It's just I have to kind of confine that in ways, like, for me until I get married, until it's, like, in the right context," he said.

So articulate, no?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Quote from Mike P, the virgin:

"I know this is a really weird thing to say because I'm waiting till marriage. Like, I'm an extremely sexual dude. It's just I have to kind of confine that in ways, like, for me until I get married, until it's, like, in the right context," he said.

So articulate, no?

At least he didn't mention his mom.

• LOL 14

I understand Becca was on GMA this morning to talk about Katie.  Did anyone see it?  Of course Becca is my first choice when looking for advice on how to pick the right person from this show.

Edited by phlebas
  • LOL 11
On 7/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, nittany cougar said:

Unless Michael A was her #1, why hold such a grudge? We get it, your ego is bruised, but where's the understanding that he has to put his son first? 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I believe Katie has a bruised ego.  Two of her final four have left her.  That is a record for this show.  She is probably worried the others want to bail too.  

And 2.5 of her final five as she invited Andrew back and he said no.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

Unless Michael A was her #1, why hold such a grudge? We get it, your ego is bruised, but where's the understanding that he has to put his son first? 

I don't think she seemed like she was holding a grudge. She said she was surprised he was still interested but she moved on after he left so that's that.  And she did say that Andrew or Michael were her choice for Bachelor.

1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I believe Katie has a bruised ego. 

I do think everyone leaving sort of compounded for her.  She gave Andrew and opportunity to stay and he turned it down.  Then Michael left for his son.  I think she probably understood those two choices but Greg's exit threw her for a loop and I think the previous two departures got wrapped up in his exit.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She gave Andrew and opportunity to stay and he turned her down.

After she eliminated him at the rose ceremony! That one was 100% on her.

ETA: Just saw Katie's tweet about the gift she got from Blake's mother. Seems like "sex positivity" runs in his family.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I'm not saying it isn't.  I'm just saying that something she probably could deal with got wrapped up it everything else even if it was her choice. 

• Love 1

ETA: Just saw Katie's tweet about the gift she got from Blake's mother. Seems like "sex positivity" runs in his family.

that is incredibly creepy -  from a guy's MOTHER!   

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Wow! What's up with these parents? It reminds me of pilot Pete's folks practically giving a standing ovation because their son slept with Hannah four times or whatever. 

• Love 12
On 8/3/2021 at 12:24 PM, Irlandesa said:

he gave Andrew and opportunity to stay and he turned it down.  Then Michael left for his son.  I think she probably understood those two choices but Greg's exit threw her for a loop and I think the previous two departures got wrapped up in his exit.

I guess Katie doesn't get much of a choice; whoever is the last man standing, right?

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I guess Katie doesn't get much of a choice; whoever is the last man standing, right?

Well, Brad 1.0 chose no one and got vilified.    And I understand at least one guy chose just to date the winner rather than be engaged, but that was years ago.  So who knows how they will get their most shocking ending ever…tm Chris Harrison.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Well, Brad 1.0 chose no one and got vilified.    And I understand at least one guy chose just to date the winner rather than be engaged, but that was years ago.    

I never understood the Brad hate for not choosing anyone.  There was a Bachelorette (Jen?) who chose no one too....am I remembering this correctly?

Anyway, you don't get engaged to someone just because they're standing next to you.  If you chose your Top 25 guys from Bumble, went out on a few dates with each, and decided to keep looking, no one would bat an eye.  So why is it that the Bachelor/ette "must" pick someone to get engaged to?

When Katie said she wants a plane ticket home, I wish the producers would do the truly "shocking" thing and....drive her to the airport.  This season hasn't turned out how she had hoped, and it's ok to want to go home.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And I understand at least one guy chose just to date the winner rather than be engaged, but that was years ago.

Matt James didn't propose to Rachael, and that was earlier this year. The only reason why he wasn't treated as a villain for that is because Rachael's racist past came out while the show was airing and dominated all of the post-show coverage.

• Love 2

Does Katie's instagram account count as media? Looks like she's taking a hard turn into Instagram "modeling" including some truly hilarious, obviously photoshopped pics. Looking at the size and position of her head in relation to the body in the lingerie pic, it has a real MY HED IZ PASTED ON, YAY! effect. 

And the filtering/spray tanning on some of the other pics renders her nearly unrecognizable. 

Based on how the show is going so far and the vibe of her page, seems like she's headed down the BiP, Instagram shill, franchise-lifer path. Maybe she can hook up with the other Blake, Stagecoach Blake, and complete the initiation into the Bachelor/ette circle.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Does Katie's instagram account count as media? Looks like she's taking a hard turn into Instagram "modeling" including some truly hilarious, obviously photoshopped pics. Looking at the size and position of her head in relation to the body in the lingerie pic, it has a real MY HED IZ PASTED ON, YAY! effect. 

And those are very clearly not her boobs.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2021 at 9:25 AM, Starlight925 said:

I never understood the Brad hate for not choosing anyone.  There was a Bachelorette (Jen?) who chose no one too....am I remembering this correctly?

Anyway, you don't get engaged to someone just because they're standing next to you.  If you chose your Top 25 guys from Bumble, went out on a few dates with each, and decided to keep looking, no one would bat an eye.  So why is it that the Bachelor/ette "must" pick someone to get engaged to?

When Katie said she wants a plane ticket home, I wish the producers would do the truly "shocking" thing and....drive her to the airport.  This season hasn't turned out how she had hoped, and it's ok to want to go home.

If memory serves, it wasn't so much that he didn't pick anyone... he couldn't articulate why. He kept telling whoever he picked that he loved her -- even on ATFR. It was this circular explanation that made no sense. It was frustrating. I think that's why. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

If memory serves, it wasn't so much that he didn't pick anyone... he couldn't articulate why. He kept telling whoever he picked that he loved her -- even on ATFR. It was this circular explanation that made no sense. It was frustrating. I think that's why. 

I think that was part of it, but Deanna playing the victim was also a big part. She made the media rounds saying that not only did Brad break her heart, but he also broke "America's heart." I've never seen anyone else on the franchise act as entitled as she did.

Jenni, who was also one of the final two who wasn't chosen, went away quietly and was never heard from again. If Deanna had done the same, the whole thing would have blown over within a couple of weeks.

• Love 8
On 8/6/2021 at 11:27 AM, ljenkins782 said:

She could probably make a decent living being a catalog model ... petite.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, LakeGal said:

I believe Katie has a bruised ego.  Two of her final four have left her.  That is a record for this show.  She is probably worried the others want to bail too.  

At least "Bachelorhahaha Nation" got a glimpse of her real personality.  Do NOT impede Miss Katie!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

The Bachelorette Finale Recap: And Just Like That

Great reading, and the author and I are totally in line with our thoughts on this dreck season. Thanks for posting the link.

10 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

She could probably make a decent living being a catalog model ... petite.

Only if she gets to keep the fake boobs. She didn't have those with her on last night's finale or during the "proposal."

• LOL 1

From the Vulture article linked above:

Katie is entitled to her anger, her frustration, her disappointment, but she comes across like she’s been diving into the sub-Reddits and Twitter chains calling Greg abusive and manipulative and still hasn’t read the actual definition of gaslighting.

I literally said something similar to this in the episode thread. That Katie was too in the Bachelor Nation bubble and allowed their bandwagon, overly dramatic thoughts and opinions to gas her up to this idea that she was so wronged by Greg. And so she came to the ATFR believing she was going to be the BOSS CHICK speaking for all of BN. Instead she just came across as angry and a little unhinged.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 8/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, Starlight925 said:

Jen sheft it turns out was dating someone very seriously and she felt she had to do the show - it was awful and she was so obviously disinterested in all the guys it was painful to watch . The first season i really hated . 

Wow just watched the ending and yeah, katie was 100% a total bitch and sooooo bitter . And she is a hypocrite !! She left the show 2 days later for Blake . I totally do not like her at all

• Love 3
On 8/8/2021 at 9:14 PM, chocolatine said:

I think that was part of it, but Deanna playing the victim was also a big part. She made the media rounds saying that not only did Brad break her heart, but he also broke "America's heart." I've never seen anyone else on the franchise act as entitled as she did.

Jenni, who was also one of the final two who wasn't chosen, went away quietly and was never heard from again. If Deanna had done the same, the whole thing would have blown over within a couple of weeks.

I despised Deanna, but he did tell her this was going to be a great day and he did fly her dad in to ask for his blesssibg - he totally led her on . I didn’t like her but what he did was awful. Just because jenni left quietly to me says she didn’t really care for him . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Katie Doesn't Know If She and Blake Would've 'Survived' If He Didn't Propose
While there were a lot of unconventional elements to Katie Thurston’s season of The Bachelorette, she wanted to walk away in true Bachelor style — with winner Blake Moynes placing a Neil Lane diamond on her finger. "In the moment — because there was a moment where I didn't think he was proposing — I was just happy to leave with him. I knew that was going to happen no matter what, [but] it's hard to say the impact of that in the real world [if he didn’t propose],” the 30-year-old season 17 lead…

Read in Us Weekly: https://apple.news/A3iWJ5LURQJaZGckdoRQxHA

So…she got engaged to Blake because he was the only one left to propose—but if he didn’t propose she otherwise wouldn’t waste her time dating him??

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

So who do you all think will be the bachelor ? I’m thinking there might be 2 this year because apparently there are a lot to choose from and they never did the 2 bachelors thing with the guys , only the women . 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

So who do you all think will be the bachelor ? I’m thinking there might be 2 this year because apparently there are a lot to choose from and they never did the 2 bachelors thing with the guys , only the women . 

I think it's going to depend on the DWTS's future. The time slot is up for grabs and we'll see how ABC fills it.

• Useful 2

I come bearing some very interesting tea (if true). So not sure how many have heard of the Instagram account deuxmoi. It blew up about a year ago, interestingly first with reporting reality show spoilers but has since grown into spilling some huge celebrity gossip. 

Anyway, two people today submitted that apparently Clare and Dale secretly got married. Now the page owner always reminds people that anyone can submit a post, so take things with a grain of salt because she cannot verify the sources. However, as I noted there have been a lot of real tea to come out of the page and it's interesting that two people are reporting it. 

Well if true, good for Clare, It was rough there for a moment but she got him down the aisle after all. 

Deuxmoi IG

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

@truthaboutluv it's funny that your post mentions "tea" so many times because I'm literally drinking a cup of green tea as I'm reading it.

I hope the rumor is false, because it's hard to believe Dale had such a profound change of heart only a few months after breaking off their engagement. If they did get hitched, I don't see it lasting very long.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, chocolatine said:

I hope the rumor is false, because it's hard to believe Dale had such a profound change of heart only a few months after breaking off their engagement. If they did get hitched, I don't see it lasting very long.

By the time the short life cycle of their breakup ran its course, they were already seen back together.  I think their split was a few weeks at most.  I have no position as to how long they'll last if the rumor is true but a short split early in a relationship isn't an uncommon experience.  {And that's basically what the past year was even if they have technically been "engaged" during that time.)

• Love 2