Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

It started out messy.  It's going to end messy. 

The best thing for Dale would have been to stay silent after the breakup.  Or make one response "Clare and I disagree about what went down but I do hope she can find what I'm unable to give her at this time." 

The constant talking? The back and forth?  Unless he puts a baby in there, he's making it worse. As is Clare, for that matter.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

The raccoon has gotten tired of Clare's constant self-sabotage and doesn't want to hear her complaints anymore.

I hear she dropped the raccoon once they said their future would be “Rocky”....

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The best thing for Dale would have been to stay silent after the breakup.  Or make one response "Clare and I disagree about what went down but I do hope she can find what I'm unable to give her at this time."

I'm not sure he's capable of saying that many words in one sentence.

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I'm not sure he's capable of saying that many words in one sentence.

Translated to Dale-ese, it's actually longer:

"Effing Clare and I effing disagree about what sh!t went down but I do effing hope she can effing find what sh!t I'm effing unable to give her at this effing time."

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

One thing about the "old days" (back when I was dating)  with no social media, you could break up with someone and not know what happened to them.  Celebrity or not, you didn't have the option of checking on someone, unless you got in your car (or on your bicycle, when I, I mean you, were a teen)  and drive by their house.  You could break up, and not hear from or about the person for months, if not years.  Past relationships could stay in the past.  

I know this never applies to bachelor/ette relationships, because they just keep dating within the same pool, but there's something to be said for breaking up and staying broken up. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

One thing about the "old days" (back when I was dating)  with no social media, you could break up with someone and not know what happened to them.  Celebrity or not, you didn't have the option of checking on someone, unless you got in your car (or on your bicycle, when I, I mean you, were a teen)  and drive by their house.  You could break up, and not hear from or about the person for months, if not years.  Past relationships could stay in the past.  

I know this never applies to bachelor/ette relationships, because they just keep dating within the same pool, but there's something to be said for breaking up and staying broken up. 

And for not cyber stalking... if Claire had just let things play out, maybe she would have ended up with someone else or maybe it would always have been Dale, but at least they would have had time to actually get to know each other...at least as well as you can in the bachelor bubble.  Instead she fixated on who she thought he was and didn’t take the time to get to know anyone, not even Dale   

• Love 14

Here's the ET list, with photos.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/katie-thurstons-potential-bachelorette-contestants-revealed/ar-BB1eJnbn?li=BBnbfcL

Is ABC contractually required to include a guy named "Garrett" in every season now?  Not a good trend.   And what's with all the shirts with tiny, tight sleeves?  Not a good look. 

In the immortal words of Shania Twain, regarding this group of men,  "That don't Impress Me Much". 

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Aw, I think most of them are actually quite attractive. Usually I find most of them very meh in their initial pics but these guys are mostly pretty cute. And all 25 or older, which is nice.

I'm not planning on watching this season but we'll see lol.

• Love 4

I think about 80% of the guys are good-looking, especially the guy named Bao who had me doing a double-take. 

The guys wear those tight shirts to show off their muscles.  I'm not mad. LOL

I'll just watch the first episode to see the guys step out of the limos.  I'm not interested in seeing the rest of the show and Katie (or Michelle) as the Bachelorette.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I think about 80% of the guys are good-looking, especially the guy named Bao who had me doing a double-take. 

Yeah, I think Bao will be a contender for the first Asian Bachelor if he goes far enough and has a decent personality.

• Love 5

According to Reality Steve's Twitter feed, the bodaciously yummy Bao is a real estate agent.   He's got some occupation information for a bunch of the guys, but not all of them.  More than what ET has up with just their first name, age and location. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

Any type of sales rep, former athlete or freelance gig like personal trainer is going to allow these guys to take the time off for the show.  Most are underemployed (like Matt) and probably don't make much.  But those owning their own businesses may do ok.  You never know who's going to be the surprising one.  

• Love 4

A lot of 26 year olds… now I know there are more 29+ single guys out there. Katie's 30 going on 31, a 26 year old is not going to want to settle down. (Hell, 28 year old Bachelor Matt was clearly not ready) Can the franchise at least try to want to make a successful love match, instead of going for "hot young thangs" with lots of social media followers/brand potential? 

The great Aaliyah (RIP) once sang age ain't nothing but a number, but times are changing and twenty-somethings are less likely to settle down right now. I'd like to see seasons where we can think there's at least potential of a successful turnout, see: Tayshia and Zac. So far so good for them. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 3

Yeah, not thrilled that so many of them are younger than Katie. Of course some of them could be really mature and ready to settle down, but she's 30 years old - couldn't they find more in the 30-35 range, like Clare/Tayshia's season? I'm 29 and wouldn't be interested in most 25/26 year old guys (again, there are exceptions, but generally speaking). Most of my friends that age are still very into the bar/club/hooking up scene and there's nothing wrong with that but the premise of this show was once to find a lifelong match. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

OMG!  This article was funny, but not for poor Katie.  Thank goodness the final release has a lot of much-improved contenders!

When I pulled up the article, all the photos had the caption that they were removed from Facebook.  So I couldn’t see anything.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, b2H said:

When I pulled up the article, all the photos had the caption that they were removed from Facebook.  So I couldn’t see anything.

Yes, I read this article when EW put it out originally and they have since removed the photos.  It's worth reading the descriptions and matching them up with the photos from ABC--it's pretty funny!

Supposedly Blake Moynes, the Canadian contestant from last season, has been seen hanging around during filming of Katie's season.  I personally thought that he and his penis obsession were gross and I hope I don't have to watch him again!

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Supposedly Blake Moynes, the Canadian contestant from last season, has been seen hanging around during filming of Katie's season.  I personally thought that he and his penis obsession were gross and I hope I don't have to watch him again!

He must have fallen in love with her vibrator shtick on Matt's season.

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

He must have fallen in love with her vibrator shtick on Matt's season.

Yeah, her vibrator shtick was a big “no” for me. Although after that she was an adult and handled herself as an adult, I just couldn’t get past that (I am old and set in my ways)

• Love 8
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Clare is "Instagram official" with Dale. Again. It's as if her brain gets a factory reset every couple of months because she never learns anything.

They have been seeing each other for a while if you watch their IG stories.  Honestly it seems pretty healthy (for Bachelor) that they have stayed pretty off the radar while working this out.  Maybe they actually will make it - they seem like they both care about each other.  Wonder how the Dale family members who were nasty feel about this.

If they are happy then why not.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Well, she became a celebrity from being a star on an reality TV dating show - It’s like she is in an an endless if-then loop.

Technically it's a while loop that terminates only when there's no reality TV shows left on which she hasn't already appeared.

while(len(dating_shows_on_which_hannah_b_hasnt_appeared) > 0):

next_dating_show = dating_shows_on_which_hannah_b_hasnt_appeared.pop()

next_dating_show.appear()

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, phlebas said:

The theory i've been hearing is this was taped awhile ago and this is where she met the current boyfriend

I'm pretty sure the article states that she and her boyfriend met by DM'ing each other on some online dating chat or app or something. I do however agree with the first part of your comment and considered that at the start. That this was something taped months ago and is just only now airing. 

• Love 3
On 4/24/2021 at 6:27 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I'm pretty sure the article states that she and her boyfriend met by DM'ing each other on some online dating chat or app or something. I do however agree with the first part of your comment and considered that at the start. That this was something taped months ago and is just only now airing. 

Maybe so. Honestly it's been a long time since I've paid much attention to anything Hannah B has done, thought, or said.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It could be that she basically skipped the overnights, that would be a week.  She does an overnight with her favorite, then sends everyone else home.

I would love to see more people go home faster though.  I hate all the weeks when everyone doesn't get a date.

• Love 5