Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Rightside said:

The businesses didn't have to provide "essential services" however the PPP money was to be used for payroll, ie Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

None of them had employees to pay.

Tayshia is spinning it that she used the money to hire someone who was unemployed. Well, that is not what the loans were set up for. They were to pay existing employees when the business couldn't because they weren't making money due to Covid.

Why not end the PR nightmare and pay the loan back? Because likely the loans will be forgiven and they are all greedy taking taxpayer money.

So all of them blatantly cheated? I hope there are consequences, but I don't think it's likely since the loans were approved.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

So all of them blatantly cheated? I hope there are consequences, but I don't think it's likely since the loans were approved.

If its a legit business, and as the owner you lost income, you can get a PPP loan to cover your own lost income. There's a formula, and it involves the income reported to IRS, and a drop in income compared to the previous year.

You also have to apply to have the loan forgiven.  A certain percentage of the loan is payroll, and the rest can be expenses, like office rent, electricity, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Rightside said:

None of them had employees to pay.

Apparently, Colton's charity has a CEO or CFO that is not Colton himself and that's who, in theory, was paid with the loan.

It looks like Dale might have applied but never actually received the funds even though he was approved. 

29 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

No. They didn't necessarily cheat.  It sounds a lot of these contestants who go into influencing were advised to set up a businesses like their own little marketing firms.  That technically made them eligible.  They were probably advised by their financial consultants to apply. 

So for something like a charity, who probably found it difficult to fundraise during the pandemic, this loan would make sense to make sure the people who are on the payroll get paid. 

I could get why some of them might have applied early on in the year when they didn't know how things would shake out but for many of them, it was a banner year.  Influencing/marketing on their level didn't seem to take a hit the way other businesses did. 

And for people like Lauren and Arie who have quite a bit of wealth, it's just a terrible look because they could withstand not getting paid from their influencing jobs.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Just because the loans were approved, doesn't mean they didn't cheat in providing the info to get the loans. Here are 57 people who did.   The only difference is likely the amount of the loans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/justice-department-charges-57-people-with-defrauding-ppp-funds/ar-BB18TPe3

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

If the producers knew that Hunter has Tourette’s, shame on them for the exaggerated snorting edit.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/acceptthisrose.com/2021/07/06/katie-defends-hunter-the-bachelorette-tourettes-faces-backlash/amp/

Yet again, the producers have absolutely no integrity. Someone with that challenge probably shouldn’t have been cast.

But I place the most blame on Hunter because he chose to go on a TV show watched by millions. I would think someone with children would weigh the pros and cons of being on this show and decide to do what is best for the children.

For me, him having Tourette’s does not explain how overly aggressive he is towards others. 
 I don’t know any spoilers (because why?) but I’m beginning to think that Katie is going to make a series of bad decisions where she eliminates the “good guys” and keeps the other…

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, I’m not seeing the connection between the fact that he has Tourette’s and how he is treating the other guys and his cocky/boastful behavior.

He is a short guy with an incurable illness.   I can see how the combination may have caused him to get out front and in people’s faces before they come for him.  But he isn’t in high school anymore but he hasn’t matured.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Yet again, the producers have absolutely no integrity. Someone with that challenge probably shouldn’t have been cast.

But I place the most blame on Hunter because he chose to go on a TV show watched by millions. I would think someone with children would weigh the pros and cons of being on this show and decide to do what is best for the children.

For me, him having Tourette’s does not explain how overly aggressive he is towards others. 
 I don’t know any spoilers (because why?) but I’m beginning to think that Katie is going to make a series of bad decisions where she eliminates the “good guys” and keeps the other…

I’m sure the Tourette’s does not excuse his aggressiveness.  The point of my posting that article is that the producers were cruel to have used a tic from his Tourette’s to mock him.  Yes, he is a dick who happens to have Tourette’s, but it is inexcusable to have exploited the snorting.  

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I’m sure the Tourette’s does not excuse his aggressiveness.  The point of my posting that article is that the producers were cruel to have used a tic from his Tourette’s to mock him.  Yes, he is a dick who happens to have Tourette’s, but it is inexcusable to have exploited the snorting.  

I wasn’t very articulate in my response.

You are so right about the producers using Tourette’s to knock him. His behavior speaks for itself.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I wasn’t very articulate in my response.

You are so right about the producers using Tourette’s to knock him. His behavior speaks for itself.

Where is this video?  I’m not seeing/finding it.  

18 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

It may explain what looks like over-the-top intensity, if he's trying to control facial tics, it might cause the really severe expression that he wears in most of his confessionals. However, the bragging and the aggression are all probably just by-products of his Napoleon complex.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

If the producers knew that Hunter has Tourette’s, shame on them for the exaggerated snorting edit.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/acceptthisrose.com/2021/07/06/katie-defends-hunter-the-bachelorette-tourettes-faces-backlash/amp/

19 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Bolding mine. I didn't see an exaggerated snorting edit, nor did I see a tic. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

Bolding mine. I didn't see an exaggerated snorting edit, nor did I see a tic. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention.

The snorting is considered a “tic”.  There was enough snorting in there that several different podcasters have mentioned it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I noticed the snorting only in the most recent episode, but didn't recognize it as a tic. I thought it was just a sinus infection. Shame on the producers if they knew it was a tic and decided to emphasize it anyway.

It doesn't sound like Hunter is blaming his behavior on Tourette's so at least he has some self-awareness.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6

In the article cited, as I read it, Katie is shaming viewers who posted negative comments about Hunter.  She shames them, saying Hunter has Tourette’s so they should not criticize him about anything???   I admire her empathy, but the behavior I have seen has no relation to Tourette’s.

Maybe I am missing something.  Just started watching this week and I have not seen any Tourette’s behavior.   

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Thumper said:

In the article cited, as I read it, Katie is shaming viewers who posted negative comments about Hunter.  She shames them, saying Hunter has Tourette’s so they should not criticize him about anything???   I admire her empathy, but the behavior I have seen has no relation to Tourette’s.

Maybe I am missing something.  Just started watching this week and I have not seen any Tourette’s behavior.   

Hunter made a post disclosing that he had Tourette's to explain some of his tics.  Katie made a post pointing it out because I guess people were criticizing him for those tics and she thinks he might have gotten a bad edit.

The show has highlighted some of his tics associated with Tourette's (snorts...etc.) they just never explained where they're from.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm so sick of Katie and her "sex positive" shit.  She thinks she's sexy and alluring with her "tricks" but she just comes off as "sex stupid" to me.  

I agree.  And, according to the article, she and her two "besties"  on the show were having a good laugh about the whole thing.  That doesn't seem "sex positive", it's more like high school girls making dick jokes, and setting up a contest for their boyfriends.   Plus, at least according to the article, Kaitlyn is the one who has to deliver the message to the guys.  Hey, sex-positive Katie?  do your own dirty work!  

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

That doesn't seem "sex positive", it's more like high school girls making dick jokes, and setting up a contest for their boyfriends. 

I'd like for a guy to say "I'm not doing this shit!" and leave the show.  He would instantly get more Instagram followers and might even be a candidate for The Bachelor. 

• Love 11
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'd like for a guy to say "I'm not doing this shit!" and leave the show.

I would have liked for someone to have said that during last episode's degrading group date, but yes. This is beyond the pale controlling and not "cute" in any way. Can you imagine if Matt had asked Katie not to use her dildo/vibrator when she was still competing on The Bachelor? He would have been skewered by Bachelor Nation, and rightly so. It was already hard to believe that anyone in that group of men sees Katie as a catch, but I don't see any of them still liking her after that.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Plus, at least according to the article, Kaitlyn is the one who has to deliver the message to the guys.  Hey, sex-positive Katie?  do your own dirty work!  

100% agree. If you're going to make shrew-ish demands of the men, the least you can do is tell them yourself.

This stunt officially makes Katie the worst Bachelorette ever for me (a spot which was previously occupied by Deanna for many years).

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I would have liked for someone to have said that during last episode's degrading group date, but yes. This is beyond the pale controlling and not "cute" in any way. Can you imagine if Matt had asked Katie not to use her dildo/vibrator when she was still competing on The Bachelor? He would have been skewered by Bachelor Nation, and rightly so. It was already hard to believe that anyone in that group of men sees Katie as a catch, but I don't see any of them still liking her after that.

100% agree. If you're going to make shrew-ish demands of the men, the least you can do is tell them yourself.

This stunt officially makes Katie the worst Bachelorette ever for me (a spot which was previously occupied by Deanna for many years).

Not to mention her totally dodging any announcement that she was letting Blake into the house before just  sending him over there to tell them himself.    

• Love 15

She must think they wouldn’t be horny for her if they had a release. Horny guys will be less picky like someone who is starving will eat anything. She is immature, and honestly, she probably has to use sex positivity to make up for her lack of appeal. She grosses me out. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, Thumper said:

Same. Admittedly I pay maybe 5% of attention while this show is airing in the background but all I remember of the Hunter saga is his being seen as too aggressive and the guys being bothered by that and mad at him for going after Katie at the cocktail party when he already had a rose. None of that read as having anything to do with Tourette's. 

I guess it's possible that there were some rude comments on social media about some of his mannerisms because social media is the place where assholes dwell. But yeah, just speaking for myself I saw no strange tics or weirdness or anything of that nature regarding Hunter. Other than with the previous villains eliminated, the season needs a new one and he's it because per the guys, "he's too aggressive". 

On 7/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, Crashcourse said:

I'd like for a guy to say "I'm not doing this shit!" and leave the show.  He would instantly get more Instagram followers and might even be a candidate for The Bachelor. 

Well that depends on his delivery. Let's not forget Yosef of Clare's season who rather than than positively standing up against tacky group date activities, came across as an angry, unhinged psycho. 

On 7/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, tinkerbell said:

What??????

Katie decides the men aren't allowed to masturbate while on the show. According to Page Six.

I loved a comment I read that said Katie was apparently binge watching Too Hot to Handle during the filming. This is ridiculous and truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. First of all, how would she know if they do or don't, unless producers are now going to film contestants privately using the bathroom? And the guys should retort with, "so is she going to refrain from diddling herself too?" 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

At times like these I wish CH was still there. He would not entertain that kind of BS.

Because CH was principled and led a classy show?  Ha. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

No, but he didn't just run with everything the lead wanted to do. He controlled the situation.

He was also one of the producers whose job it is to get the ratings up. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Well that depends on his delivery. Let's not forget Yosef of Clare's season who rather than than positively standing up against tacky group date activities, came across as an angry, unhinged psycho. 

Ok then, how about "I politely refuse to rub my nub on a tv show and for a woman I'm not really interested in."  Is that nice enough?

Edited by Crashcourse
typo
  • LOL 8
On 7/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, tinkerbell said:

What??????

Katie decides the men aren't allowed to masturbate while on the show. According to Page Six.

1. This is just creepy.

2. How is she going to check their “non-compliance”?

3. But does she has a dildo in her pocket?

4. Sex-positive as long as two people are involved?

5. Ewww.

6. I guess this show is not recommended for general family viewing (that ship sailed some time ago).

7. Are the contestants allowed to do activities outside of their rooms if they are not with the bachelorette? If not, maybe they should be.

• Love 8
On 7/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, tinkerbell said:

What??????

This from the woman who showed up with a dildo for her intro on The Bachelor.   Please. Hypocrite, much? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

We received an extended Bachelorette preview last week. I didn't see anything of a reaction to this "demand". You would think they would include something that could be attributed to it. But nothing.

So, I think it is a joke, honestly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, deSchenke said:

We received an extended Bachelorette preview last week. I didn't see anything of a reaction to this "demand". You would think they would include something that could be attributed to it. But nothing.

So, I think it is a joke, honestly.

Right, I feel like that's a bridge too far even for this show, which gets tackier by the year. And it doesn't mesh at all with the theme, which is clearly defined by Katie's limo entrance from her bachelor season. They are shoehorning the "sex positive" theme into every place they can, so this wouldn't follow with that at all.

• Love 5

This show is such a snooze fest now.  The group dates are dreadfully boring or uncomfortably aggressive or there's some creepy new gimmick in the works.  I can't sit through it anymore and rely on all of you to know what's going on, so thanks!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Even if it is a joke, it's a silly, sexist "joke."  Imagine if The Bachelor banned the females from using dildos. 

I really hate that women are celebrated for being rude and crude on this franchise. A strong, sex positive woman is one who doesn't crumble easily and doesn't feel ashamed for being sexual. It's not one that humiliates men and likes to shock people. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I really hate that women are celebrated for being rude and crude on this franchise. A strong, sex positive woman is one who doesn't crumble easily and doesn't feel ashamed for being sexual. It's not one that humiliates men and likes to shock people. 

Yes, exactly.  She can celebrate her own sexual nature, but then mocks and humiliates the men?  how does that work?  

I thought when Katie was on The Bachelor, she had an agenda.  I wonder now, if she was given the "sex positive"  role by producers, including walking into the show with a dildo, in order to lead up to being the sex-positive lead.  And now, neither she nor the producers have any idea what "sex positivity"  means, mistaking it for being manipulative and trying to humiliate men.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

On 7/12/2021 at 11:07 PM, chocolatine said:

So apparently Justin is this season's "problematic past social media activity" contestant. He posted homophobic and racist tweets between the ages of 14-16. What baffles me is that I thought Justin was at least partially Black? Is it really a thing for biracial people to say racist things about Black people? I'm genuinely curious because I haven't heard of that before.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3276715/bachelorette-katie-thurston-andrew-spencer-slammed-misogynistic-fat-tweets/

Andrew S as well

Edited by Kerri Johnson
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

I mean…maybe his friend was dating a fat ho? 🤷‍♀️ I consider myself pretty PC, but if you went back to any insult I ever gave in my youth, I’m sure I’ve used both of those words. Is there some type of continuum of being “not that bad” and “so long ago” that we don’t need to destroy someone’s current level of integrity? Would any of us pass such scrutiny?

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I mean…maybe his friend was dating a fat ho? 🤷‍♀️ I consider myself pretty PC, but if you went back to any insult I ever gave in my youth, I’m sure I’ve used both of those words. Is there some type of continuum of being “not that bad” and “so long ago” that we don’t need to destroy someone’s current level of integrity? Would any of us pass such scrutiny?

I so agree. So if we are judged by what we said years ago vs. who we are today, that’s messed up because good humans we grow and learn from their mistakes and become better people.

• Love 10