Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

I would feel bad for Clare but she kept claiming like a teenager at her big age that she knows what she wants and doesn't need time to get to know the other person. 

Even though Zac and Tayshia got engaged per the show's expectation, I'm kind of glad that she said they will date for a year before talking wedding plans. I mean, fair enough! It's good that they are taking time to ensure compatability before rushing into a marriage, then a divorce (will be a second one for both of them).

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I would feel bad for Clare but she kept claiming like a teenager at her big age that she knows what she wants and doesn't need time to get to know or figure the other person out. 

Even though Zac and Tayshia got engaged per the show's expectation, I'm kind of glad that she said they will date for year before talking wedding plans. I mean, fair enough! It's good they are taking time to ensure compatability before rushing into a marriage then a divorce (will be a second one for both of them).

Clare didn’t even meet him before she decided on him.   Dale never had a chance, damned if he did get engaged, damned if he didn’t.   

• Love 18
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Wow, big surprise - not! I bet Clare regrets now that she didn't take the time to get to know any of the other suitors.

I don't know if she had the awareness to regret it.  But yeah, going forward with the season would have given her time to really get the sense of how "in" Dale was.  Would a few more weeks have changed the outcome?  I don't know but she might have been surprised and swept away by someone who was really into her.

Wonder if Dale has set his sights on being the next Bachelor now. 

If he knows anything about the show, he would have to know that it's a long shot.  He apparently broke up with her. Since they already have a Bachelor now, he'd be competing against men from Clare/Tayshia's season (which were a good group) and whoever shows up for the next Bachelorette's season. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wonder if Dale has set his sights on being the next Bachelor now. 

I thought that, too. The current bachelor didn’t have name & face recognition in Bachelor Nation whereas Dale does. Also, I agree that Dale wanted to play the season out and didn’t think Claire would pick him on Day 1. He probably thought he had no other choice & gambled. He lost or did he?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought that, too. The current bachelor didn’t have name & face recognition in Bachelor Nation whereas Dale does. Also, I agree that Dale wanted to play the season out and didn’t think Claire would pick him on Day 1. He probably thought he had no other choice & gambled. He lost or did he?

He definitely won.  Poor Clare.  She played this all wrong.  I'm sure a loooooot of Bach contestants know their pick right away (Kaitlyn, Jojo).  But they still let the season play out.  I can't believe that she was so stubborn.  It would have been a miracle for this to work.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

I read another article that said Dale wanted to stay in his hometown, while she wanted to settle in her hometown. So not only was it a matter of geography that they couldn't agree on, it also implied that Dale wasn't really ready to settle down and start making babies.

Let's face it, Claire is needy and VERY high maintenance. She also wants her own way, every day, all the time. Dale is/was over it.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

So, they lasted 2 months? 

Longer than I expected. 

Lol, something is truly wrong with this process when a couple couldn't even be expected to last for 2 months. I had longer relationships when I was in high school (a whole 7 months!)

Edited by waving feather
  • LOL 2

I love a wrong reasons season in Bachelor World but man, I always root for the B-ettes. I REALLY wanted Clare and Dale to work despite all the red flags in HOW they ended up together. This one hit me worse than Becca and Garrett. Becca was my favorite B-ette but I feel worse for a woman of a certain age being dragged through the mud in the public eye and called every name in the  book for daring to want love.

Yes, we should all know better, but the 20-something dolts cast on these shows never seem to be eviscerated the way a woman in her - gasp! - mid-30s is for wanting to have children during the window where she's naturally able to do so. There is no filing for an extension. Father Time does not give a rat's ass about feminism. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, just as much as Dale is.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I love a wrong reasons season in Bachelor World but man, I always root for the B-ettes. I REALLY wanted Clare and Dale to work despite all the red flags in HOW they ended up together. This one hit me worse than Becca and Garrett. Becca was my favorite B-ette but I feel worse for a woman of a certain age being dragged through the mud in the public eye and called every name in the  book for daring to want love.

Yes, we should all know better, but the 20-something dolts cast on these shows never seem to be eviscerated the way a woman in her - gasp! - mid-30s is for wanting to have children during the window where she's naturally able to do so. There is no filing for an extension. Father Time does not give a rat's ass about feminism. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, just as much as Dale is.

Um, this show exists to eviscerate 20-somethings. It’s kind of the whole point of the show. Every season. Clare treated other people poorly and is self absorbed. That’s why people don’t like her. There have been older women on these shows (Renee from Juan Pablo’s season comes to mind) who are kind and grounded, mature, and respectful of others and people love and root for them. It’s Clare’s personality, not her age, that people are fed up with. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Um, this show exists to eviscerate 20-somethings. It’s kind of the whole point of the show. Every season. Clare treated other people poorly and is self absorbed. That’s why people don’t like her. There have been older women on these shows (Renee from Juan Pablo’s season comes to mind) who are kind and grounded, mature, and respectful of others and people love and root for them. It’s Clare’s personality, not her age, that people are fed up with. 

While this may be true, it's her age that gets touted and used against her most often. And while we on this forum may make fodder out of the 20-somethings, I've seen twits like Madison, Hannah Ann, and Baby Bekah made into caped crusaders of feminism all over the Internet. The way this show treats "older" women like Clare, Analise, etc. is often with pity at best and thinly veiled contempt at worst. 

• Love 4

Let's face it, Claire is needy and VERY high maintenance. She also wants her own way, every day, all the time. Dale is/was over it.

There is no bigger turnoff to a man than desperation.  Clare pushed way too hard too fast for marriage & babies because of her age.  I get that.  I also get why Dale would feel smothered by her and want out.  

I really hope the show is done with Clare.  She's had more than enough chances and clearly this process does not work for her.  

• Love 19
8 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I agree.  This show has gotten worse over time with the ageism.  I remember Byron and Mary.  She was in her late thirties and was treated much more respectfully than Clare.  My ugly conclusion is that they brought Clare in to take advantage of her urgent desire to get married and have a kid.  And they probably didn't care if she had hurt feelings or looked crazy because it was good drama. It's gross.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't think people would rag on Claire about her age if she didn't act like such a flake. One minute she's acting her age, but in a desperate, I WANT BABIEEEES scary way, and the rest of the time, she acts like a gushy teenager. And the article about the breakup made her sound still desperate, but almost in a bunny-boiler way. She's all extremes with no center.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

My ugly conclusion is that they brought Clare in to take advantage of her urgent desire to get married and have a kid.  And they probably didn't care if she had hurt feelings or looked crazy because it was good drama. It's gross.

While that may be true, ultimately it was Claire's decision to go on the show. Claire has been part of bachelor nation for quite some time now, so she should have been familiar with producers and how their main goal is to create drama, drama, drama...and yes, at the expense of her looking crazy and/or having hurt feelings. Sadly, that is what this show has become. It is no longer Trista's bachelorette days.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, neece26 said:

There is no bigger turnoff to a man than desperation.  Clare pushed way too hard too fast for marriage & babies because of her age.  I get that.  I also get why Dale would feel smothered by her and want out.  

I really hope the show is done with Clare.  She's had more than enough chances and clearly this process does not work for her.  

I get the feeling that Clare is “like this” in real life. I can imagine it’s all marriage and babies and “showing up” decrees on the first date. I’m sure she “sees her husband” in this bar or on this dating app. It’s bad enough within the Bachelor bubble, but at least she has the backup of “trusting the process”—even though she doesn’t exactly follow the whole process and skips from Step 1 to Proposal Pointe within the first 2 days. But I can’t imagine her “dating in the wild.” If she’s scaring off the suitors of Bachelor Family, she has no chance of making a connection outside of that environment....I guess unless and until she happens to cross paths with some guy who has the same issues that she does who also wants babies before they even learn a damn thing about each other.

• Love 11

Clare seems to be the type of person who is probably happier on her own.  If she feels the need to constantly challenge a partner because she is inflexible and needs to have her own way, no relationship will ever survive and that would be harmful to any children.  She's apparently quite in demand as a hair stylist, so I wish she would concentrate on her career and maybe consider adopting.  I would hope, though, that she'd see a really good therapist regularly to eventually understand her issues (not self-made "trauma") and not pass those issues on to a child.

• Love 5

I saw the statement that Clare put out about the break up. It is obviously turning ugly really quickly. I can't help but feel sorry for her. She seems like a nice lady and it can't be easy going through this. I hope she has some really good girlfriends at home who will comfort her, and lead her far, far away from reality TV forevermore.

• Love 4

She got her proposal on the Winter Games as well as her season on the Bachelorette.  So, in all of her searching, she was engaged twice.  I agree with others that Clare creates her own drama.  She did so on Juan Pablo's season when, after not receiving a proposal, went all out on berating Juan Pablo whereas, had there been a proposal she would not have uttered a peep.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
On 1/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, waving feather said:

Lol, something is truly wrong with this process when a couple couldn't even be expected to last for 2 months. I had longer relationships when I was in high school (a whole 7 months!)

I think it's been a little more than 5 months since they got engaged. It's been two months since their last episode aired.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Clare claims she was blindsided by Dale calling off the engagement and had no idea until he posted. Then again, she also used to confide in a raccoon, so take her level of comprehension with a grain of salt 🤷‍♂️

https://www.glamour.com/story/clare-crawley-says-she-was-blindsided-by-dales-breakup-post-i-am-crushed

I see Clare as someone who needs everything to be stated explicitly, and Dale as someone who wanted to get out of that situation with the least amount of confrontation. He most likely didn't flat-out tell her "I want to break up" but something along the lines of "we need some time apart." Most women would have seen the writing on the wall, but Clare was still deeply in her fantasy of Dale being her husband and thought that things would work themselves out.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I see Clare as someone who needs everything to be stated explicitly, and Dale as someone who wanted to get out of that situation with the least amount of confrontation. He most likely didn't flat-out tell her "I want to break up" but something along the lines of "we need some time apart." Most women would have sees the writing on the wall, but Clare was still deeply in her fantasy of Dale being her husband and thought that things would work themselves out.

Or he said he didn't think it'd work and she suggested they think it over. Dale's statement was his way of affirming that it was really over.

The big benefit when it comes to going through the process if you really want to be married is to stick it out to see which guy REALLY wants you.  It was too soon to know whether or not that was Dale.

I always felt Tayshia preferred Brenden.

I know Reality Steve said this but on the show?  When he wanted to leave, she seemed perfectly okay with it.  She showed more emotion letting Riley and Blake go than she did with Brenden.  I think this aligns with my "wait and see who really wants you" thing.  I think she did that and felt Brenden really wasn't all in.  And when she felt him pulling away, she started a distancing process as well and got closer with others. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8

I don't why Clare is so surprised that Dale wanted out, I could tell he was having second thoughts way back when they did their awkward exit interview and his eyes about popped out of his head in terror when she was screeching "BAABIIEESSS" when Chris Harrison asked what was next. Clare is the textbook definition of "a lot" and I never thought that Dale actually wanted to propose so much as he felt like he needed to after Claire zeroed in on him, so its not that surprising that this didn't work out. Considering she decided she was in love with him via his Instagram, I am amazed they lasted this long. 

I do wonder if Clare is a bit upset that she decided on Dale in about two seconds and ignored all of her other options. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Clare claims she was blindsided by Dale calling off the engagement and had no idea until he posted

Wasn't he living with her in CA?  Didn't she notice if he wasn't there??

I must not be following them enough!

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I see Clare as someone who needs everything to be stated explicitly, and Dale as someone who wanted to get out of that situation with the least amount of confrontation. He most likely didn't flat-out tell her "I want to break up" but something along the lines of "we need some time apart." Most women would have seen the writing on the wall, but Clare was still deeply in her fantasy of Dale being her husband and thought that things would work themselves out.

He also might have said, “I’m calling off the engagement, we’re not getting married” and she could have still not heard him. This is Clare we’re talking about 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

Oh boy, this is turning ugly. Dale should have been smart enough to end it amicably as much as possible and let her announce it. Now he seems like the bad guy even though no one really knows for sure what went down. It's also possible Clare was not accepting it so he went ahead and did it.

A poster on here noticed that Dale looked blank whenever Clare was expressing her love to him on the show, but has all the right words when it's his time to speak. I watched their interview back on BHH podcast and man, it didn't age well. Dale in particular didn't seem that convinced about the words coming out of his mouth. 

• Love 4

I heard on E Daily Pop today that Dale was cheating on Clare the entire time they were together.  Clare is devastated about the breakup.  She is saying he only did the show for fame.  Of course that is why most of them do it.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m sure the rest of the men that Claire left on the show are having their own little moment of schadenfreude right now. 

If some of them were sItting in the same room together I imagine the infectious laughter would go on and on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Stan39 said:

He also might have said, “I’m calling off the engagement, we’re not getting married” and she could have still not heard him. This is Clare we’re talking about 😂

Dale should’ve hired a raccoon to break the news. They’re probably the only ones that speak Clare-ese.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The big benefit when it comes to going through the process if you really want to be married is to stick it out to see which guy REALLY wants you.  It was too soon to know whether or not that was Dale.

Exactly.  The problem is that Clare treated the experience like a shopping trip.  She looked over the "catalogue" (ie, the guys' social media), made her selection and expected a "no-return" policy.  At no point did it seem like she was interested in what any of the guys wanted, Dale included.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
17 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I heard on E Daily Pop today that Dale was cheating on Clare the entire time they were together.  Clare is devastated about the breakup.  She is saying he only did the show for fame.  Of course that is why most of them do it.

I thought that he was living with her in CA? Is that right? If so, there is a pandemic and I don't think he had a job in CA.

She is certainly going to notice that he isn't at the house when there is really no place to go, right? He's not going to the office 9-5 and then to the gym. I don't know how he could really get out of her sight.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I'm no Clare fan but, if this is true, Dale is an ass.  Unfortunately, with the prevalence of selfish agendas contestants have these days, it's no surprise.

• Love 4

I have a package of cheese in my fridge older than this relationship.  

Yes, it's now coming out that Dale was....shocker....cheating all along.  He had a "business friend" in NY, and Clare felt it was "off".  Turns out, it was "on" every time Dale went back to NY.

https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/did-the-bachelorettes-dale-moss-cheat-on-clare-crawley.html

Clare threw away 20+ perfectly nice, sweet guys who were gaga for her, all for this idiot.  

She wonders why she's still single....because she settled for.....Men. Like. That.

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
56 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

Well the woman he was allegedly with denied it.

And I believe her. Plus, I think Dale cares too much about his public image to openly cheat on Clare while they were still together. His perpetually freaked-out look after the proposal said, to me, "how do I get out of this without looking like a jerk?" He naively thought that an IG post would be the way to do it, but he underestimated Clare's need to wallow in her hurt. The fact that she still talked about Juan Pablo seven years later should have tipped him off, but he doesn't seem like the sharpest crayon in the box. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

One article mentions a photo from over a year ago of Dale in a group of people with his arm around the woman. Maybe he was cheating, maybe not, but using crap like that as “proof” is ridiculous. 

Clare is contradicting herself. Her statement says she was shocked by Dale’s public admission of a breakup, yet other stories claim she’s been suspecting he was cheating for a long time. If that is true, a breakup wouldn’t really be shocking. Fighting about trust and possibly cheating does not typically signify a healthy relationship. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 8