Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

I don’t know if you need to bring up politics on the first night (though with the current landscape it’s not a bad idea), but you definitely shouldn’t wait until two years after you’re engaged, have ignored numerous warnings about who you’re with, voluntarily defended the guy for his actions, and then claim you had no idea. I’m tired of hearing from people AFTER they breakup “If only I’d known sooner!!”  You did. That’s why they’re called red flags. And you just ignored them. 

https://www.insider.com/bachelorette-becca-kufrin-vote-election-2021-1

Edited by Stan39
Typo
  • Love 11
On 1/21/2021 at 2:26 AM, EllenB said:

I don't think people would rag on Claire about her age if she didn't act like such a flake. One minute she's acting her age, but in a desperate, I WANT BABIEEEES scary way, and the rest of the time, she acts like a gushy teenager. And the article about the breakup made her sound still desperate, but almost in a bunny-boiler way. She's all extremes with no center.

I agree.  Clare seemed desperate to find a man, secure the ring, have the wedding, and get pregnant.  She had her whole life planned out, she just needed to choose a partner.  She never considered that he might not be on the same schedule as she was. 

On 1/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Yes, producers love drama. But Clare creates her own. Look at what she did during the four episodes she was on the show (I may have mixed up the exact order a bit, but it's not far off):

• Meets Dale and gushes over him. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Sits down with a bunch of guys and asks who wants to take her somewhere private. Fine.
  • After someone does so, she then leaves him, goes back to the group, and starts yelling at them for literally not fighting over her. Not fine.
  • Gets in an argument with a self-involved asshat (Yusuf) and boots him. Meh, whatever.
  • Gives the first impression rose to Dale. Fine.
  • Demands Dale be taken on the first group date. Unusual but not alarming.
  • Takes Dale on the first solo date. Uh, Clare, you're fixating on this guy a bit much.
  • Cuddles with him on the bed until the wee hours of the morning. Possible semi-naked funtimes. The format starts to fray here.
  • Goes on a solo date with Brandon where Chris Harrison has to eliminate the guy mid-date because Clare won't do it herself. Uh-oh.
  • On a group date sans Dale, the other guys, frustrated at the amount of attention he's receiving, end up lightly busting on him in front of Clare. An offended Clare refuses to give anyone a rose. The train is coming off the tracks now.
  • Cancels the cocktail party before the rose ceremony. Not unusual by itself, but not good in this context.
  • Refuses to show up at all for the next group date. We're in uncharted territory here.
  • The guys openly acknowledge Clare's de facto choosing Dale and start loudly wondering why they're even there. We're now flirting with a cast revolt and en masse exit, leaving Fleiss and co. to construct a season with almost no footage.
  • Chris Harrison visits Clare and gently gives her an ultimatum: either straighten up and play this show the way it's meant to be played, or officially pick Dale and leave. She chooses the latter. Harrison browbeats Dale into proposing so Fleiss can salvage a happy ending to this trainwreck. Enter Tayshia.

TL,DR: Clare may have been exploited by the show, but her issues were 99% her own doing.

Good summary, thanks for doing it.   Claire picked out a man the way you'd pick out the most delicious-looking pastry at a bakery.  "I'll take THAT one!"  But at least at a bakery, the other pastries don't have feelings.  

Claire completely disregarded the fact that the other guys "showed up"  for her, and she was downright cruel in not giving them a chance. 

On 1/22/2021 at 2:23 PM, leocadia said:

Exactly.  The problem is that Clare treated the experience like a shopping trip.  She looked over the "catalogue" (ie, the guys' social media), made her selection and expected a "no-return" policy.  At no point did it seem like she was interested in what any of the guys wanted, Dale included.

The show is set up so that the lead chooses a partner, and the person chosen is supposed to agree to fall in love.   worse yet, the whole group, or at least the last 4 or 5, are supposed to be in love and ready to marry the lead.  I know, people say "they knew the game, they agreed to the rules"  but you cannot agree ahead of time to LOVE someone just because they chose you.    Once you leave the "bubble"  you get a closer look at the prize you won, and wonder why you bothered.  Claire bought into the hype that all these guys were competing for the honor of proposing to her, that all she had to do is choose the one she liked best, and she be on her way to happy-ever-after.  

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Claire picked out a man the way you'd pick out the most delicious-looking pastry at a bakery.  "I'll take THAT one!"

That's pretty much what they all do (unless several of them are lying about knowing who they wanted pretty early on so that their "chosen one" doesn't realize they weren't fist choice lol), only the others then go and lead a bunch of people who don't stand a chance on for an extended period of time so they can all make out and travel. Since travel was out this season, and making out was riskier than usual, Clare just avoided all the BS that usually goes with this show. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Stan39 said:

hen claim you had no idea. I’m tired of hearing from people AFTER they breakup “If only I’d known sooner!!”  You did. That’s why they’re called red flags. And you just ignored them. 

I don't think she claimed she had no idea.  I think she was in love and wanted to believe their differences weren't that big or relationship ending.  I'm guessing she probably avoided those topics so her buzz wouldn't be harshed.  But two years in, the buzz was likely starting to fade and world events made conversations on these topics hard to avoid.  I mean I'm happy for her if she grew and starts making better dating choices.

13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That's pretty much what they all do (unless several of them are lying about knowing who they wanted pretty early on so that their "chosen one" doesn't realize they weren't fist choice lol

I think some might lie.  Others are telling the truth.  And others have been open that their top choice changed as they went through the season.  But the benefit of the process is that you can make sure that your #1 wants you as much as you want him.  Going through the process is like sampling all the pastries at the bakery so you have a second choice to fall back on if they're suddenly out of your favorite or you suddenly become allergic to an ingredient in your favorite pastry. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But the benefit of the process is that you can make sure that your #1 wants you as much as you want him.

Agree and great analogy with the pastries. It's natural that people's true color will only show after some time. The normal process is already too short to fully reveal true colors but at least they will have a few dates in (2nd single date, hometown date, fantasy date, last chance date, or even time from group dates). Clare and Dale only had one single date and a proposal. Tayshia was gaga over Brendan after their first date and was almost ready to leave with him too. She would not have known he wasn't ready if she didn't continue her season. Same for Brooks from Desiree's season etc. And the longer contestants stay on the show, the more time they will also have to evaluate if this is something they truly want, aside from initial infatuation/ excitement of being in the bubble. 

Clare repeatedly said she knows what she wants but does she know if the other party knows what they want or want her?

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Clare repeatedly said she knows what she wants but does she know if the other party knows what they want or want her?

Brilliantly put. Also, does she even ask the other party what they want?

• Love 12

Rumor has it that The Bachelorette is going to start filming next month in Jasper, Alberta, Canada.  It's an absolutely gorgeous place in the Rocky Mountains but it's still winter in February in that part of the country.

https://theprovince.com/news/canada/bachelorette-bubble-popular-tv-show-behind-mysterious-nine-week-booking-of-swank-alberta-resort/wcm/13aeb0e7-e174-4c4d-9d6e-f9892e4c5cbf

EDMONTON — The Bachelorette will be filming its next season over nine weeks at the luxurious Jasper Park Lodge, starting next month, the National Post has learned.

The online rumour mill started churning when CBC News reported that the Jasper Park Lodge, which has nearly 450 rooms, was fully booked up for nine weeks, from February through April.

On Tuesday, the Post confirmed cast and crew would be camped out at the resort for filming the upcoming season of The Bachelorette.

The luxurious and historic Fairmont resort, now owned by Accor, a French hospitality company, sprawls in the mountains of Jasper National Park in the Canadian Rockies, and features hundreds of cabins, a skating rink in the winter, golf course in the summer, and numerous other attractions and amenities.

It remains to be seen how the federal government’s and Alberta’s COVID restrictions will affect filming.

JPL-1.png?quality=90&strip=all&w=1128&ty

Jasper-Park-Lodge-1.png?quality=90&strip

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, EllenB said:

Holy crap. I didn't think I could like Andi less than I already did, but was I ever wrong! But I guess it would be great for him to have a lawyer for a life partner for the next time his drunk ass kills a neighbor.

https://people.com/tv/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-would-now-choose-chris-soules-as-final-suitor/

If I did a shot every time she said, "like" in that article, I'd be in a coma right now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Well, isn’t Dale articulate.   I lost count of the number of times the article had to print variations of f—king with a few s—ts thrown in.  

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelorettes-dale-moss-says-he-is-wrecked-over-clare-crawley-split/

You know he can’t let Claire get any more attention so as soon as she’s posted she’s struggling he immediately does this. He’s so transparent. Famewh@re

• Love 13
4 hours ago, TiredMe said:

You know he can’t let Claire get any more attention so as soon as she’s posted she’s struggling he immediately does this. He’s so transparent. Famewh@re

Exactly. He's showing more emotion in that post than during his whole time on the show, including the proposal and the mini-ATFR. Not buying it.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TiredMe said:

He's so embarrassing. He can't let Clare get all the sympathy. Move on, dude. No one cares anymore since you're no longer part of a BN couple. 

One thing I like about what Clare did was she did not mention him in her statements. But he kept speaking her name and speaking on behalf of her (like Clare and I are gonna be ok etc). I would hate for my ex to speak on behalf of me, no matter how trivial. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, waving feather said:

He's so embarrassing. He can't let Clare get all the sympathy. Move on, dude. No one cares anymore since you're no longer part of a BN couple. 

He's gonna get more than his 15 minutes of fame after this.

He's not done!!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3

So I guess f-ing Dale is f-ing going to f-ing pray over all the f-ing sh*t in his f-ing life, including the f-ing women it f-ing sounded like he f-ing f-ed while he was with f-ing Clare. Gotta f-ing love an f-ing religious dude.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Somehow these “day in the life” articles always seem to neglect to mention an actual job.  I guess being the Bachelorette is now a career.   

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/tayshia-adams-a-day-in-my-life/8-p-m-9/

The article refers to her as a "former phlebotomist." Whenever someone is referred to as a "former" something or other, it usually means that person doesn't have a current job.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

The article refers to her as a "former phlebotomist." Whenever someone is referred to as a "former" something or other, it usually means that person doesn't have a current job.

Tayshia’s current job, like most BN alumni, seems to be influencer and podcaster. And she’s going to make a ton of money doing that and not need to do anything else for the foreseeable future. I can’t knock anyone for taking advantage of the lucrative opportunities presented to them, especially when they make so much more doing this than they ever made in their previous jobs. The only times it bothers me is when the person makes a big deal out of their job and how it defines them and proves how intelligent  and hardworking they are, and then immediately stops doing that as soon as they have the opportunity to do something more entertainment related, a la Andi.

• Love 13
On 2/7/2021 at 8:11 AM, Jillibean said:

Tayshia’s current job, like most BN alumni, seems to be influencer and podcaster. And she’s going to make a ton of money doing that and not need to do anything else for the foreseeable future. I can’t knock anyone for taking advantage of the lucrative opportunities presented to them, especially when they make so much more doing this than they ever made in their previous jobs. The only times it bothers me is when the person makes a big deal out of their job and how it defines them and proves how intelligent  and hardworking they are, and then immediately stops doing that as soon as they have the opportunity to do something more entertainment related, a la Andi.

And Rachel....I just want to go back to being a LAWYER......

Tayshia was also interesting when she said her previous job had been "helping" people and that she liked helping people and wanted to continue changing the world.  I thought...hmmm you  make drawing blood sound a lot more interesting than it is, or she could have meant helping people make the difficult decision of what hair gummie to buy or what hair product works for them......

I don't blame them, but it annoys me when people go to school for a subject and pay their dues only to see hosting opportunities go to someone whose qualifications are making out with men on camera and usually looking like a fool....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/31/2021 at 8:37 AM, DEL901 said:

Well, isn’t Dale articulate.   I lost count of the number of times the article had to print variations of f—king with a few s—ts thrown in.  

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelorettes-dale-moss-says-he-is-wrecked-over-clare-crawley-split/

That article was horrible.  He really can't pull himself together enough to speak properly in an interview?  Come on, we know better....  clearly he has some issues if he is okay with that representing himself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, catrice2 said:

Tayshia was also interesting when she said her previous job had been "helping" people and that she liked helping people and wanted to continue changing the world.  I thought...hmmm you  make drawing blood sound a lot more interesting than it is, or she could have meant helping people make the difficult decision of what hair gummie to buy or what hair product works for them......

The phlebotomist always asks me which arm they should draw from; maybe some people need help deciding.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, TiredMe said:

Reality Steve posted video and photos of Dale and Claire together in Venice FL today.

Claire’s Group Chat:

claire:  ya’ll I met up with Dale.  He swears he’s going to show up for me this time.

claire has been dropped from the group chat.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

The whole relationship was strange to me. I like Clare, and I get Dale's appeal. But they moved FAST. A part of me wishes I could instantly find someone and have such intense feelings. I know of folks who do, but they are so incredibly rare. Most of the time it's just lust and people who romanticize it. 

• Love 5

Claire has this idealistic dream that she will instantly fall in love and get married in three weeks like her mother and “daddy” did but who knows how happy they were, really.  Her mother doesn’t seem the type to speak up based on the limited times I’ve seen her but she definitely put him on a pedestal. 
I wish Dale would leave her alone. I have no confidence that he’d be “there for her” so maybe give a guy a chance that wants to be “there for her”. 

• Love 6

Why Clare Crawley "Finally Caved" and Reunited With Dale Moss After Their Breakup

A source close to Clare exclusively told E! News, "Dale had regret over everything that happened between him and Clare and has been reaching out to her recently. She finally caved and decided to answer his calls and talk it out with him."

The source went on to explain, "She's been trying to move on but it's been very hard. She wanted to see him in person so she flew to Florida to be with him."

According to the source, Dale wants to prove to her that he's a good guy, noting that Clare forgives him for the drama that led to their split and wants to be on good terms with him. "They aren't back together but Clare has expressed she misses him and wants to work it out," the insider added.

Dale is so desperate to talk to Clare again and get back in her good graces, but she's flying across the country to see him?  *sighs*  He just wants to rehab his image after the signed Instagram breakup post and totally spontaneous paparazzi Q&As didn't go over well.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 16
41 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Why Clare Crawley "Finally Caved" and Reunited With Dale Moss After Their Breakup

Dale is so desperate to talk to Clare again and get back in her good graces, but she's flying across the country to see him?  *sighs*  He just wants to rehab his image after the signed Instagram breakup post and totally spontaneous paparazzi Q&As didn't go over well.

30 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

She'll never learn, will she? 

Nope.    As for Dale, I guess he wasn’t getting the press attention anymore.  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

The raccoon has gotten tired of Clare's constant self-sabotage and doesn't want to hear her complaints anymore.

The raccoon was the one who dropped her from the group chat but even Jorge the bartender was ok with it.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m annoyed she flew to Florida during a pandemic for that. 

100%.  Especially since her mother is high risk already.   It’s mind boggling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10