Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, meatball77 said:

It could be that she basically skipped the overnights, that would be a week.  She does an overnight with her favorite, then sends everyone else home.

I would love to see more people go home faster though.  I hate all the weeks when everyone doesn't get a date.

Maybe she just was efficient instead of dealing with contestant drama or producer interference (one can hope).

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Maybe she just was efficient instead of dealing with contestant drama or producer interference (one can hope).

That's what it sounds like from the article:

“Katie was in control and made sure the men she wanted were there and the men she wasn’t interested in, she sent packing,” the source tells Us, adding that filming season 17 “went great and it wrapped a week ahead of schedule.”

Although there must be a reason why TPTB let her, since they usually insist that the lead keep some losers around for drama (and I'm sure they contractually enforce that they have final say on that). Maybe they realized how unpopular Victoria/Anna/MJ were on Matt's season and thought it was better to avoid that and make Katie look like she's in charge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

make Katie look like she's in charge.

And that is their branding for her even as far back as the story they told in her season on The Bachelor. 

She was presented as straight forward and dealt with the bullies directly.  So it would make sense if they encouraged that story here too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/29/2021 at 5:49 AM, nittany cougar said:

It's interesting to me that she is leaving, since her comments were instrumental in Chris Harrison's firing. I wonder whether the podcast will continue without her

Chris Harrison's comments were instrumental in Chris Harrison having to take a pause.  All Rachel did was ask a question and try to calmly disagree with him which he barely gave her space to do.  Sure, she shared her hurt on her podcast but it was Harrison's inability to sell his remorse that got him removed from this season of The Bachelorette. Even Michael Strahan basically called it out as soon as his interview with Chris ended. I think Rachel is made out to be more instrumental in the situation than she actually was just because she was there.

As for the podcast, there are a zillion podcasts for the franchise.  I suspect it'll continue with a new co-host.  Becca herself was a replacement for someone else, IIRC.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Chris Harrison's comments were instrumental in Chris Harrison having to take a pause.  All Rachel did was ask a question and try to calmly disagree with him which he barely gave her space to do.  Sure, she shared her hurt on her podcast but it was Harrison's inability to sell his remorse that got him removed from this season of The Bachelorette. Even Michael Strahan basically called it out as soon as his interview with Chris ended. I think Rachel is made out to be more instrumental in the situation than she actually was just because she was there.

As for the podcast, there are a zillion podcasts for the franchise.  I suspect it'll continue with a new co-host.  Becca herself was a replacement for someone else, IIRC.

100%.  And Becca replaced Ali Manno. 

• Love 1

I think that if it's a day ending in "Y", they'll be split up.  Or together. 

At this point, I don't think anybody by Neil Lane cares.  He wants the ring back, you guys!  

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 4/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, Stats Queen said:

If that's the case, maybe this will be a good season unlike all the PTB manufactured dreck all these past years. It would be nice to have a dating show where the people are interested in, you know, DATING. And maybe finding a life partner.

I know ... shocking idea!

• Love 4
On 5/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, chocolatine said:

I had to check the date of that article because it sounded just like the ones that were published after their first split.

I am pretty sure it is old.  I never trust Yahoo because it usually curates news from other sources and I'm pretty sure it's done automatically (i.e. without a human).  Because of that, things end up getting pulled into Yahoo that were retracted from their original source or are even old.

There's nothing on Dale's Instgram about him and Clare (and I hate that I went there but I wanted to double check my gut about that article). 

And the wording in the article is the wording that was used in their first break up. 

I'm not saying they won't break up; all I'm saying is that Yahoo piece isn't a real article. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It is like an article I think it was US magazine did on the status of Bachelor and Bachelorette couples that hadn’t been updated for most couples in forever and was still showing Ashley and JP as just having had another child.  

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Kaitlyn Bristowe and Jason Tartick got engaged. Those of you have a  Twitter or an Instagram account should go check it out. 

Congratulations to them! I've always thought she seemed much happier with Jason than she did with Shawn.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Unless they went out with leashes and loops and food bait and whatever, they didn't rescue a dog; they adopted a rescued dog. That drives me nuts. I'm glad they are giving the dog a (supposedly) good home, but good grief. Give the credit to the people/organizations that do the actual rescue work.

• Love 9
On 5/20/2021 at 5:20 PM, phlebas said:

Eager to see how this works out

I don't get it.  How will they prevent the guys and bi gals contestants from hooking up?  Or the lesbians from hooking up?

Yikes! No one is really standing out as a “catch” here! One guy is afraid of saber-toothed tigers…which are extinct. Another guy is a “skin salesman”—let’s hope that’s medical sales and not like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. One guy is a Belieber (that’s a Justin Bieber fan for those not in the know), while another is an *N Sync fan—so expect sone explosive fight there, I guess. Some guy cooks “Dino nuggies”—yes, it says “nuggies”! And we have a resident fancypants “entrepreneur.” 

Here's The Final List Of All "The Bachelorette" Men This Season

Read in BuzzFeed: https://apple.news/AKQf3VytpS2OOdSdt2bu9pg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

another is an *N Sync fan

90s music must count as classic/vintage for that age group. *N Sync to them is like The Beatles to us.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

The Bachelor: Chris Harrison Now In Negotiations To Exit The Franchise

Read in Screen Rant: https://apple.news/AHAnIYrsDOtOuWA_Cx2-FBg

Sounds like he’s trying to extort Mike Fleiss to keep his job?? Um, that’s against the law. 
Excited Angela Lansbury GIF

Ok, so apparently they already settled since this update. Eight figures!! I would gladly take my hat and see my way to the door to make ten/tens?? Of millions of dollars and not have to do a damn thing. How much did this man get paid for counting one rose?!?

Chris Harrison Exits ‘The Bachelor’ Franchise With 8-Figure Payout: Report
His final rose. Chris Harrison’s leave of absence from The Bachelor franchise has become permanent, Deadline reports. According to the outlet, the 49-year-old host reportedly reached an eight-figure settlement with ABC hours after Katie Thurston’s season 17 premiere of The Bachelorette on Monday, June 7. The news comes after Harrison came under fire in February for his apparent defense of controversial season 25 contestant (and eventual winner) Rachael Kirkconnell, who made headlines for…

Read in Us Weekly: https://apple.news/AOpnOpBNATh6jHCSoXXYKpA

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Sounds like he’s trying to extort Mike Fleiss to keep his job?? Um, that’s against the law. 

Exit negotiations are totally normal, nothing unlawful about it. The employer and exiting employee (often with the help of lawyers on both sides) agree on the terms of the separation and the amount of money to be paid to the exiting employee, and the latter waives all future claims against the former.

57 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Chris Harrison Exits ‘The Bachelor’ Franchise With 8-Figure Payout

Good for him. He's obviously made mistakes, but the franchise used him as scapegoat for systemic issues created by Fleiss & Co. He deserves a hefty settlement after nearly 20 years of being the face of the franchise.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Exit negotiations are totally normal, nothing unlawful about it. The employer and exiting employee (often with the help of lawyers on both sides) agree on the terms of the separation and the amount of money to be paid to the exiting employee, and the latter waives all future claims against the former.

Good for him. He's obviously made mistakes, but the franchise used him as scapegoat for systemic issues created by Fleiss & Co. He deserves a hefty settlement after nearly 20 years of being the face of the franchise.

It was this line from the first article that was implying extortion, ie, give me what I want or I’m letting all of your skeletons out of the closet. “Chris Harrison is objecting to being ‘sidelined’ from the franchise, and has allegedly hinted at revealing some damning information about The Bachelorcreator Mike Fleiss.”

Fleiss and company were mostly paying CH the big money for the gag order that came with the settlement.   I imagine there's a lot of dirty laundry from over the years that could be aired. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I totally agree.  They didn’t even give him a chance to do anything but make his way out the best he could…. They have never treated people well in any regard, so they look silly trying to take the high road now.

• Love 10

I taped it but haven't watched it yet.  It just won't be the same without Chris Harrison.  He was surely the heart of this grouping of Bachelor and Bachelorette shows.

They made a huge mistake forcing him out.

I'm guessing another network has something in the works for him.  I'll be waiting.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I kind of wondered since the discussion thread is pretty dead. I didn’t watch last night but will catch it on demand. It’s not really must see tv anymore For me. 

Yes, definitely “down” around here! We’re missing a whole slew of our “regulars!” I miss them! Come back!

But, to be fair, I actually didn’t know this was premiering yesterday until yesterday. I watch mostly streaming TV nowadays, so I’ve missed out on the promos, which typically lead up months/weeks in advance. I’m not sure whether the network stopped promoting the way they normally do because of the controversy or I’ve just missed it because I don’t have any other ABC shows. But I wonder whether views will go up over the next week once people start seeing in the media that it came out.

It does seem like we’re seeing some pro-Harrison or at least anti-Kaitlyn/Tayshia boycotts around here. It’s still the same show! The host is onscreen between 1-3 minutes per week! If the lead is having some type of breakdown, maybe 5-7 minutes. I love me some Harrison (minus the racism), but it’s more the mystique of how does this guy make a career counting one rose or the occasional glimpse of when they call him in in his casual wear because someone is freaking the hell out. It’s like where’s Waldo moreso than some incredible perspective he brings. I’m not so keen on Kaitlyn, but you can keep Tayshia or replace with any other former contestant and I’m fine with it. Sean, Ben, and Wells in particular seem like they’ve been groomed in the past to potentially take over.

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

It’s still the same show! The host is onscreen between 1-3 minutes per week! If the lead is having some type of breakdown, maybe 5-7 minutes.

Sean, Ben, and Wells in particular seem like they’ve been groomed in the past to potentially take over.

Good point about Harrison not being a big presence except for the Tell All and Final Rose specials. Like The Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan, he's the face of a popular show but his actual onscreen time is meager.

As for the replacement possibilities you mentioned: Ben, in particular, was co-hosting The Bachelor Live on Stage before COVID shut it down. Wells was already serving as a substitute Chris when people would come to him at the bar on BiP. I could also see JoJo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers hosting. On their short-lived home renovation show Cash Pad, they had a nice back-and-forth chemistry.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Good for him.  I’m happy he’s getting a big payday.   Because I’m sure if there is not any non disclosure clause he could have written a tell all.   Thanks Rachel L.  I look forward to his next venture.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

I think it'd be a fun setup to just make it a rotating cast of hosts and have each season be hosted by a different former lead or pair of leads. 

It is nice having the female hosts to support Katie.   And maybe a male host for the Bachelor.   

As for CH, I don’t know that another network would want him right now.  He spent 19 years hosting various Bachelor shows.  He may be too associated with the Franchise.   Also, he is tainted now.  He needs a few years to pass and for someone else to take centre stage with a scandal....or just enough time to pass.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

It is nice having the female hosts to support Katie.   And maybe a male host for the Bachelor.

I really did like Tayshia and Kaitlyn supporting Katie. I don’t mind keeping Tayshia but a big “no” for me on Kaitlyn. Two reasons: 1. her face is god awful and really creeps me out (and I watch the real housewives franchises, and 2. Until Claire, she was my least favorite Bachelorette (although I think Britt would have been like watching paint drop.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t mind keeping Tayshia but a big “no” for me on Kaitlyn.

I thought Tayshia was a natural.  Kaitlyn, who I don't have any history with, not so much.  They only need one host. 

Ratings have been going down in general for this franchise.  Some viewers might be staying away because of no Chris but it's probably mostly due to a natural erosion. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

I think it'd be a fun setup to just make it a rotating cast of hosts and have each season be hosted by a different former lead or pair of leads. 

And those famewhores will have to be paid much less than CH since they'll just be happy to extend their 15 minutes.

4 hours ago, leocadia said:

I think they should bring in Taylor Nolan and Bennett to host.  Just think about all the insight they'd be able to provide on each contestant's emotional intelligence.

After Taylor demanded CH's firing on Twitter, some Reddit users uncovered her own problematic past social media activity, so I doubt very much the show will use her again in any capacity. Bennett would be hilarious though.

4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought Tayshia was a natural. 

I saw Tayshia in a car commercial during the show, so ABC really seems to love her. She's doing a decent job so far, but I hope the show doesn't overuse her like they did Sean Lowe.

• Love 4