Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Is Blake the new Nick Viall? Please don’t bring him or her back. I can’t bring myself to feel sorry for either party, they both suck. May they disappear. 🙏

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 11

I wouldn’t be surprised if them being together was an act the entire time for publicity . They seemed the least into each other of any of the final couples I’ve ever seen on this show . 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 7

Blake joined the show on what, week 4?    I think by the Katie knew it ain’t working and he was brought in so she’d get a proposal in case there was none in the offing.   Not a great foundation for a relat, but I thought they fake it a bit longer.  

• Love 3

It's always a sober right of passage -- these folks discover a relationship is more than thigh-blistering sex.

"Thanks for having me on the podcast, Nick. Outside our bedroom door it might have sounded like we were shooting shotguns into stacks of pie pans, but inside... she didn't like my beard and I thought her aunt was a bitter old harridan."

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

And now Chris H and Lauren Z are engaged.  I hope he's there for the right reasons, and Lauren isn't just getting suckered by some unemployed dude.

Does Chris have a guitar?

Who knows, but he has a fat settlement from leaving the Bachelor franchise. He is independently wealthy.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Who knows, but he has a fat settlement from leaving the Bachelor franchise. He is independently wealthy.

What is Chris Harrison’s net Worth?

As for his net worth, Celebrity Net Worth reports that Harrison is worth $16 million. The number makes sense, given his reported 2020 Bachelor salary of $8 million per year. The other $8 million can come from spon con deals, as well as business investments. Along with his TV career, Harrison has also written the 2016 novel, The Perfect Letter, which adds to his worth. So, yeah, the man has money.

https://stylecaster.com/chris-harrison-net-worth/

Edited by b2H
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, b2H said:

What is Chris Harrison’s net Worth?

https://stylecaster.com/chris-harrison-net-worth/

As for his net worth, Celebrity Net Worth reports that Harrison is worth $16 million. The number makes sense, given his reported 2020 Bachelor salary of $8 million per year. The other $8 million can come from spon con deals, as well as business investments. Along with his TV career, Harrison has also written the 2016 novel, The Perfect Letter, which adds to his worth. So, yeah, the man has money.

This person doesn't seem to understand what "net worth" means, much less know the specifics of CH's net worth.

• Love 5
On 10/25/2021 at 9:32 PM, DEL901 said:

Blake joined the show on what, week 4?    I think by the Katie knew it ain’t working and he was brought in so she’d get a proposal in case there was none in the offing.   Not a great foundation for a relat, but I thought they fake it a bit longer.  

Yes, that's exactly what I speculated during Katie's season. Blake was the safety guy. If she wasn't in love by the end of the show, she could choose him, he would propose, and they could fake being engaged for a few months.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

Katie is apparently trying stand--up comedy.  According to this article, her debut was quite awkward.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/the-bachelorette-katie-thurstons-stand-up-comedy-gig-did-not-go-over-well/

Hmm. Blake posts about his fiancé’s big comedy debut and the very next day they announce their break-up? Has anyone parsed the routine for clues? I’m sure a conspiracy theory can be found in there somewhere, lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/29/2021 at 7:27 AM, nittany cougar said:

Katie is apparently trying stand--up comedy.  According to this article, her debut was quite awkward.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/the-bachelorette-katie-thurstons-stand-up-comedy-gig-did-not-go-over-well/

Oh man, part of me hopes there's video of this and the other part of me doesn't think I could handle the level of secondhand embarrassment. Why on earth would she think stand up comedy is for her? 

Also that US Weekly article from the previous page (the one from before they broke up) is incredible, I've never heard someone try less to be convincing about the prospects of their future relationship. "I'm doing my thing and he's doing his thing and if that works, great." 

I think the only reason they didn't just break up right away and go on BiP is because she was so desperate to show Greg that she was happy. Happy, dammit!!! I am a little surprised she didn't try to prolong the pretense another few months, but I guess with social media, it would be hard to explain if either one of them were out living it up with other people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

I would probably enjoy seeing Katie on BIP with the guys she eliminated blowing her off, although her sex positive would probably get a lot of traction in that setting. 

Yes, but once they had Becca’s commitment, it would have been Katie who?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Zac and Tayshia ran the NYC marathon together this past weekend, and I was struck by how in love they actually seem in a lot of the footage. He has run several marathons but stayed with her the whole time as it was her first, and there are clips of them (I guess from fans?) where he is encouraging her the entire way, jogging backwards at one point in front of her and cheering her along. They're one of the few Bachelorette couples I'd be sad to see split. 

Anyway, cool to see they are still going strong and Zac genuinely seems like a very nice guy. 

• Love 20
23 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I think the only reason they didn't just break up right away and go on BiP is because she was so desperate to show Greg that she was happy

She and Blake probably had some three-month contract and stayed together only for what pay, benefits, AND PUBLICITY they could eke out.  Contract expires...so does their romance.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Damn, I really liked them together. I hope that after a break, they can resume their relationship. I kind of wonder if he got a little overbearing on the marathon thing, especially since she wound up sick afterwards. Or he didn't like her continuing Bachelorette gig.

Edited by EllenB
Punctuation is more than decorative!
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, EllenB said:

Damn, I really liked them together. I hope that after a break, they can resume their relationship. I kind of wonder if he got a little overbearing on the marathon thing, especially since she wound up sick afterwards. Or he didn't like her continuing Bachelorette gig.

With Zac & Tayshia, I think it is just a matter of it taking a year before the bloom was off the rose. When it's early they are still in the idyllically happy first-chemistry phase "oh you like cocktail sauce with shrimp? Me too!" Then a year or so later each one finds out there are some traits the first blush won't sustain.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, EllenB said:

1 hour ago, TVMovieBuff said:

With Zac & Tayshia, I think it is just a matter of it taking a year before the bloom was off the rose. When it's early they are still in the idyllically happy first-chemistry phase "oh you like cocktail sauce with shrimp? Me too!" Then a year or so later each one finds out there are some traits the first blush won't sustain.

They were apart at least 3 of those 12 months filming the 2 Bachelorette seasons. 

• Useful 1

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/hannah-brown-reveals-family-murder-dwts-issues-book-takeaways/patricks-overdose/

I’m still not going to buy the book, but this article is really interesting.   There is so much in her background that lead to her being the Bachelorette including murder of her cousins/aunt when she was 6.    It also includes the fall out when she got drunk and filmed herself singing along to a song that contained the n-word which she sang out loud. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Yeah, plus their relationship seemed to come out of nowhere on the show. He was just kinda there the whole time and then as the numbers dwindled, he came out of nowhere to be F1. 

I always forget the seasons the minute they end, but I have a vague recollection of some super cheesy dates that production staged with like streamers and cardboard because they were quarantined in a midlevel hotel with nothing to do and nowhere to go. So on top of the unreality of reality tv, there was an unreal quality to the whole world at the time. Not surprised this one didn't last.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Yeah, plus their relationship seemed to come out of nowhere on the show. He was just kinda there the whole time and then as the numbers dwindled, he came out of nowhere to be F1. 

Brendan left, her final pick. 

Tayshia doesn't like black men and the whole BLM conversation with Ivan was too much for her to handle, so Ivan was out.

Ben was emotionally unstable due to his suicides, so Ben was out. 

Zac has family money and was into her, so Tayshia went with him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/hannah-brown-reveals-family-murder-dwts-issues-book-takeaways/patricks-overdose/

I’m still not going to buy the book, but this article is really interesting.   There is so much in her background that lead to her being the Bachelorette including murder of her cousins/aunt when she was 6.    It also includes the fall out when she got drunk and filmed herself singing along to a song that contained the n-word which she sang out loud. 

Every day, it's a new shocking revelation:

I think her pageant bio mentioned a childhood illness, and she's done charity stuff for the Children's Miracle Network before, but she hadn't publicly discussed the specifics until now. And today, I learned that pediatric pancreatic cancer tends not to be fast-growing type that is so lethal in adults. When everyone was wondering how she got picked as lead, I'm surprised TPTB didn't push the tragic childhood angle vs "goofy Hannah Beast". Not that a reality dating show is really the best venue to navigate past trauma, but it's never stopped them before. 

57 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Blake is blindsided by the news, or is at least publicly positioning himself that way. They were engaged less than a month ago., to be fair.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/inside-blake-moynes-reaction-to-katie-thurston-john-hersey-romance/

Reality show contestants probably shouldn't read about themselves on social media but The Bachelor subreddit has been speculating about the Katie/John "friendship" for months.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Riplet68 said:

I still think Blakevis just angling got bachelor gig.

put me in the “bummed about Tayshia and Zac” column. They were cute together

Blake appeared on Talking It Out podcast yesterday: part of the interview was done before the Katie/John news hit and part of it was taped after. Blake says he found out via social media like everyone else.

Thurston, 30, announced her relationship with Hersey, 27, on the final day of an Instagram series she titled the "12 Days of Messy." Each day, she chose a song from Taylor Swift's Red (Taylor's Version) album that reminded her of a man from her season. Moynes was Day 1 with "We Are Never Getting Back Together," and Hersey was Day 12 with "Begin Again." 

Moynes said on Talking It Out that he's struggling to figure out the timeline of Thurston's connection with Hersey. "That's what I have a hard time processing, I think, just because this 12 Days of Messy — that I didn't sign up for but I was attached to like all the other guys — it started 12 days ago."

"I'm sure she probably knew who day 12 was — who it was going to be and why," he continued. "So when I try to think about the breakup happening when it did, roughly a month ago, she probably had an idea two weeks after that who was gonna be day 12 and how she was gonna announce it." 

We've had multiple Bachelors dump their final pick and immediately pursue someone else from their cast. Jason, Arie and Peter all got slammed to some degree for pulling the switcheroo, and Katie's really not so different. Maybe she's worse because Blake and Katie were long distance after filming, all while she was being "just friends" in San Diego with John. Blake still says he doesn't think anything physical happened between them before the breakup, but even if it didn't, she's moved on pretty quickly. 

I always clowned on Pilot Pete for dating Kelley the longest of anyone from his season, when he'd met her before the show and she came in fifth place. Katie kicked off John in Week 2! Messy is right...

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2