Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E40: Live Finale

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

So. Is a shorty-shorts suit appropriate for a 31 year old? Of either gender?

I feel like the jury was masking how incredibly pissed they were about TA. Especially when Julie announced the money part.

I also love how she brings out the five non-jury members to spill the secrets of the season...and then Julie is the one who does all the talking and the others didn't say anything at all.

Jocasta makes me embarrassed.

OF COURSE Frankie knew Derrick was a cop all along. So Frankie is gone now, yes? Forever off my TV?

• Love 14

Very pleased with both outcomes. I was rooting for Derrick from fairly early on. I feel he played a great game, even if many didn't find it exciting. I was in awe of how quick on his feet he was and how he was able to manipulate so many people. 

And how awesome for Donny to win AF! I absolutely loved that Frankie didn't make the top three, but Zach did. 

I totally think Christine voted for Derrick in order to smooth things over with her husband.

• Love 14

Really enjoyed this season. One of my favorites, lots of interesting characters. But most importantly, Derrick is the best ever and nobody will get close.

Good show tonight...well done. Good for Donny even though he is pretty damn bitter.

Frankie as annoying as ever.

• Love 4

Seeing Donny win America's Favorite while all the others (i.e. Frankie and Caleb) try to act happy makes up for a mostly lackluster season for me.

Was this the first time the pre-jury members never got to speak?   It didn't even matter that they were there. 

• Love 3

I'm kinda proud of Big Brother and CBS for not making a big huge deal of Ariana being there.  I expected them to ask her about the season and what not, but alas.  Nada.

I agree I was texting my friend while the finale was going and my friend didn't even notice the quick Ariana shot they did.

I hated that they didn't show the TA task that Donny refused to do -- wasn't it something like voting to oust Jocasta?   Of course, they'll all find out about it soon enough. 

I had the impression that Donny blamed Derrick more than the others for the skittle lottery.   And I think he felt betrayed that Derrick and Frankie didn't work harder to keep a fellow TA member.  So I guess I'm not really surprised he voted for Cody.  

And yeah, Christine's vote was a vote to save her marriage.  

• Love 6

Wish Julie could have showed the HGRankings on jokers so Frankie could see he was in last place but I think reality will be setting in for him very soon if it hasn't already.

Would pay for a live feed of Frankie finding out even people like Devin and Paola and Joey who had been gone forever were more well liked.

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 11

And according to Big Brother Network there will be no backyard interviews.

There are going to be live interviews in 30 minutes on WIBW.com

ETA: Just to clarify, it's not the Jeff backyard interviews as those were pre-recorded, but it will be live streaming interviews with the HGs.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 2

Okay, I admit it.  Seeing Derrick embrace his wife and child warmed my cold, dead heart.  

Apparently my heart is cold and dead because I asked why he wasn't holding his kid.  Followed by did he go away long enough that they are worried she doesn't remember him.

• Love 3

I'm kinda proud of Big Brother and CBS for not making a big huge deal of Ariana being there.  I expected them to ask her about the season and what not, but alas.  Nada.  

Also Frankie, I'd like to introduce you to pants.  

I was expecting a concert, so yeah huge surprise that they downplayed it.

What did she say when she voted?  I couldn't quite make it out.

She said "I guess fake praying works" and glared at Derrick.  Oh well.  He didn't need your vote.

Fake talking in tongues doesn't keep you from being evicted either Jacosta.  

• Love 23

Apparently my heart is cold and dead because I asked why he wasn't holding his kid.  Followed by did he go away long enough that they are worried she doesn't remember him.

I thought she was giving him a "Who the hell are you dude?" look after me bent down to get some confetti for her.

• Love 1

Derrick, you're in a strong second tier of winners -- just below Maggie and above Rachel Reilly. But the GOAT isn't a 7-2 vote from a group of houseguests you led around by the nose the whole season. Oh well -- may your daughter always have plenty to eat now.

Ending with the group "Holla!" was cute.

Christine: "I was proud to be a victim of the Hitmen!"

...And that about sums up the attitudes towards women this season. Ziiiiing!

• Love 12

So happy Derrick won.

Loved all their reactions to Team America and Derrick being a cop.

Zach looked taken aback that he was in the top 3, as Did Nicole. But when Julie said Donny was the last one, Zach knew Donny had it.

Oh Cody, loyalty coss you $450,000. And when they called him a Puppet I think he realized it was over. Poor dude.

• Love 3

For the record Frankie did actually suspect Derrick of being a cop and asked him if he was.

By the end Victoria looked like she'd much rather have been at home observing Rosh Hoshanah with her family. Her body language was undeniable-she was distraught by what she'd learned about TA.

• Love 2

Oh Cody, loyalty coss you $450,000. And when they called him a Puppet I think he realized it was over. Poor dude.

Hard to feel bad for someone who literally had ALL the power in his hands and chose to give it away.

• Love 10

So happy Derrick won.

Loved all their reactions to Team America and Derrick being a cop.

Zach looked taken aback that he was in the top 3, as Did Nicole. But when Julie said Donny was the last one, Zach knew Donny had it.

One part of the finale about broke my heart - during the TA reveal - when Zach realized the shitstorm in the House which contributed strongly to his demise Game-wise (the stolen clothing Caper) was a TA mission.

Which Frankie was in on - which didn't stop him shouting "ZACH'S THE SABOTEUR!!!"....

• Love 13

I really did enjoy this season and I didn't quite realize it until the last few episodes. I almost wish that there was a way for both Cody and Derrick to win because I do think that while Cody didn't quite play everyone as well as Derrick, he managed to win when he needed to. I think he fought just as hard. That being said (HA!) I think Derrick deserved to win.

So happy for Donny, and also Nicole and Zach for getting to hear that they were in the top three. Also extremely THRILLED that Frankie got to hear that he was NOT. I think he believed that since America voted in as a TA player that it meant something, which I think it did, way back in the day when they all voted. Had to hurt falling from that high horse he was on.

Jacosta. I don't know what to say about her. She made a fool of herself all that way till the end.

It was a bit strange that the evicted non-jurors didn't get to speak. I wanted to hear what they had to say, particularly Amber. I hope that they don't do this format next season.

• Love 4

Julie sucks. "Let's talk with Donny about his America's Favourite win, come over Donny". Meanwhile Frankie is preening and capering next to her and she never did get Donny over. Bet he is on the first plane home to see people who don't ostracize him. Felt so sad when he was standing all alone at the end of the line and as soon as he got announced as America's Favourite Frankie fame whored over to act like he was THRILLED. God I hate him.

• Love 9

Yeah and the TA and cop reveal just rubbed salt in the wounds.  Its got to be tough to go home when you've made glaringly dumb moves out of loyalty to people you've known for a couple months.

I think the grief I would expect to get from friends, family, or random strangers on the street would make me criticize every decision for most likely to win vs. some kind of 'if I lose,  want it to be to someone I respect' sentiment.