Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I don't know if I can stand to watch Kody's toddler tantrum.  But I am glad to see Christine officially leaving the jerk on TV.

This. And although Kody is not as interested in her anymore, he’s furious because one of his flock is choosing to leave. He’s not sad or upset or accepting  any of the blame, he’s ready to explode.   

Kody’s anger is really scary. That’s the real Kody, that screaming monster. That’s what lies beneath. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

His unchecked rage that one of his wives made a decision without consulting him is scary to watch. Kody was always so sure he controlled them all and even a tiny bit of his attention was fine that Christine’s decision must have rocked him to his core.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

All the "sacrifices" Kody made "to love Christine". WTF does that mean?

He sacrificed by letting go of his disgust for her, the resentment he felt at having to marry her after changing his mind, and he sacrificed by losing the opportunity to “marry” a woman he was actually attracted to. What a selfless man, what a lofty mind!

• Like 5
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Pooky said:

I think that definately came into it. The problems were brewing long before she left. She said she didn't really want him there they needed the space. But the intimacy issues pushed her to make the move

Yes, and to be fair I think the intimacy situation meant more to her than just "I want sex and he won't give it to me." Kody is the only man she ever had sex with and in the cult she grew up in, there's no expectation of other markers of marriage - plural wives don't get legal recognition of any kind. They don't get adequate quality time, help with or public recognition of their children, etc. So the main difference between a plural wife and everybody else is sex; essentially, marriage IS sex to them. To her, Kody saying "we won't have sex again" was essentially a disavowal of the only thing that made them a married couple. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, ReadMeLattice said:

Yes, and to be fair I think the intimacy situation meant more to her than just "I want sex and he won't give it to me." Kody is the only man she ever had sex with and in the cult she grew up in, there's no expectation of other markers of marriage - plural wives don't get legal recognition of any kind. They don't get adequate quality time, help with or public recognition of their children, etc. So the main difference between a plural wife and everybody else is sex; essentially, marriage IS sex to them. To her, Kody saying "we won't have sex again" was essentially a disavowal of the only thing that made them a married couple. 

Hard for those of us raised in a monogamous culture to get our heads around this mindset.  All these years of watching the show and I still don't get why anyone that wasn't raised on a compound with no exposure to the outside world would voluntarily choose this life. 

I can only assume their motivation comes from a belief that there is a greater reward on the 'other side' where they can continue with more of the same for eternity.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

he sacrificed by losing the opportunity to “marry” a woman he was actually attracted to

He wanted to marry "Plyg Royalty" but sacrificed by not waiting for a Plyg Princess who could eat nachos daintily. Though most men looking for good breeding stock would be impressed by one eating with gusto rather than picking at her food.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6
  • Love 8

* Kody yelling and screaming in a frightening manner — he’ll be lucky if the other aren’t scared off by his intense rage. He doesn’t care about anyone but Robyn, he only cares that his other sheep are submissive and getting along 

The problem with Kody's rant about Christine is that everyone, including his own kids, know that Kody does not currently love Christine, and possibly never really loved Christine. 

Personally, I think Kody's anger is more about power and putting on a show. It's a hit to his ego that one of his wives has the balls to walk away. As much as he complains, I think Kody gets off on having Meri stick around and desperately try to get him back. 

The whole situation is sad, and it's very telling that not a single Brown offspring wants to live polygamy.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

The problem with Kody's rant about Christine is that everyone, including his own kids, know that Kody does not currently love Christine, and possibly never really loved Christine. 

Not only do they know that, but they actually DO love her. More than him, by a lot.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Personally, I think Kody's anger is more about power and putting on a show. 

That was some show - he moved and looked like a gorilla wearing a headband. ;)

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The whole situation is sad, and it's very telling that not a single Brown offspring wants to live polygamy.

Well, we don't know about those imprisoned in Robyn's compound.  I imagine AuroraBrianna are subjected to daily lessons on the superiority of polygamy.  Are they ever allowed to leave the house or have friends?  Doubtful. Even their college classes are probably remote.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Christine will now be able to hold over Kootie's head the fact that she sold her parcel to them for less than 5% of the value.

But didn’t she take all the profit and equity from the house she sold which used to be theirs jointly?

I think it was around $200,000 that she kept which would mean they’re even Steven at this point.

or am I remembering that wrong?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Shocker from the article, “As of August 9, there have been no building permits approved on the parcels of land Kody bought in 2018”.

Four years and nothing.  They apparently haven't even tried to sell the lots.  Of course, they have used them for several plot points in the show.  

• Like 7
54 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

But didn’t she take all the profit and equity from the house she sold which used to be theirs jointly?

I think it was around $200,000 that she kept which would mean they’re even Steven at this point.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Kody bought the Flagstaff house together with Christine, and I assume that (part of) their profit from LV was used as a down payment for this. Then he withdrew from the mortgage deed, so he could buy the super mansion with Robyn. It technically made Christine the sole owner. You could argue that he forfeited any rights and future profits to the house when he signed, since he no longer owned it and walked away from it. (And I doubt he supported Christine financially)

From a legal point of view, I wonder if Kody could even make any claim at all since they weren't officially married and clearly weren't living together running a shared household when they separated. And the fact that he signed the house over to Christine, certainly didn't help.  But I'm no legal expert. 

And, this is a guess from my part, I doubt he helped Christine in any way financially after the move to Arizona, leaving her to fend for herself. She probably thought "go to hell, you're not getting a dime from me!"

But why did she sign over the land for only 10 dollars? It could have been a symbolic gesture, a sign of goodwill. There are more people involved here and she doesn't hold a grudge against Janelle and seemed at least tolerant of Meri. But I also do not rule out the possibility that she knew it would be very hard to sell her part (if possible at all) or that she realised the purchase was a huge financial mistake. In that case, it was the easy way out and a smart thing to do. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Did she truly sell it to Kody for $10 or is Arizona one of those states like Arkansas where the deed says $x and other valuable consideration so it doesn't show the true dollar value of the exchange? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 9
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

And, this is a guess from my part, I doubt he helped Christine in any way financially after the move to Arizona, leaving her to fend for herself. She probably thought "go to hell, you're not getting a dime from me!"

Not that he has any dimes to give. I’m betting barely pennies…

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Since Janelle is basically couch surfing, Meri on the do not visit list and Christine out of the picture, I wonder how long its been since Kody has slept somewhere other than Robyn's?

I think Kody and Robyn are in a monogamous marriage. I think Kody sees Janelle and Meri when they are filming and maybe for the occasional holiday, and I think he visits with Savannah. These people are not living polygamy anymore. I think Robyn and Meri are semi-friends, and Janelle and Christine are very close friends. I doubt Janelle ever sees Robyn or Meri outside of filming. 

• Like 5
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Four years and nothing.  They apparently haven't even tried to sell the lots.  Of course, they have used them for several plot points in the show.  

It’s been 4 years already? Wow! I suppose that makes sense I was in the Vegas area when they left and we left shortly after they did. Wow. Time flies. 

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Agree.  I think she bought his portion of the house for $10.  It was probably an agreement they made.

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

On the Surviving Sister Wives podcast, the host said that "Robyn wants Kody TO herself, but not BY herself."  Robyn's not going to be happy unless she knows that there's at least one wife who is still willing to grovel at her feet in order to get a thimble's worth of attention from Kody.  THAT'S why Robyn needs Meri to stick around.  Without Meri, Robyn has no one to lord her superiority over.  That's no fun!  And the prize, at the end of the day, is an unhinged lunatic caveman!  Congrats on a game well-played, Robyn.  You won - hahahaha.

The part that gobsmacked me is when he raged that she didn't love the family - for Kody, what he meant was that Christine didn't love ROBYN.  As for the family - she loved every single one of those kids and they loved her back and Kody knows it.  He cannot handle one of his concubines growing a spine and leaving him, even though he openly despises her.  And Christine no longer has any F's to give concerning Kody.  I love it.  

*note to self - buy popcorn, cheap wine and a shiny new notebook and pen* 🍷

And I wonder if Meri regrets encouraging Kody to chase after Robyn and bring her into the family. Meri thought making Kody happy would make her look good and raise her status — and it blew up in her face. Not only did it not work, but Kody barely acknowledges Meri exists anymore. 

Play stupid (long) games, win stupid prizes. Meri should have known better than to being the hot girl (at the time) in. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 8/8/2022 at 6:16 PM, LilyD said:

While I fully agree with what you are saying here, I’d have to point out that some 15 years or so before that, the situation was the other way around for Christine… She desperately wanted to marry * into the Brown family and she did this at a time when Janelle was heavily pregnant with Logan… I doubt she ever gave any thought to that at the time. She probably never realised how awful that was to Janelle until it happened to her. 

The big difference of course was seeing your husband so desperately in love with wife no 4, knowing he’d much rather be with her than with you.

I think with Christine that this goes even further.  She describes the beginning of her marriage with Kody as "I loved Kody a lot, and I think he loved me a little". With her "rose colored glasses" and her school girl dreams of the romance of Lancelot and Guinevere she molded Kody's conditional tolerance and acceptance of her as her own romantic love. She kept her delusion alive only until Robyn came into the picture when she saw with her own eyes what Kody actually looked and acted like when he was head over heels in love. And that was a love that she had never received. Making it all worse is the cameras and television show.  Up to then Kody had kept his PDA hidden in front of the other wives, but watching their show on television meant they got to see Kody's very obvious love and lust for Robyn. It came out off and on during couch sessions when she blurted out about "you never cared what I wore to our wedding" and "OH, so a longer courtship means a better marriage...so you are saying that because WE never had a long courtship" Kody then digs deeper by laughing and saying "well, we never had a courtship, we just got married..."

Then years and years of watching Kody treat Robyn and her children (from another man) the way that Christine wants Kody to treat herself and her children.  She was the family cheerleader and constantly repeating what Kody wants the world to hear, ""yay YAY polygamy!! Robyn is great, her kids are great"" etc etc. Her statement of "I agreed to be an equal wife" is her finally speaking her mind instead of endlessly trying to please a man to even like her when he just wanted someone to buffer the war between Meri and Janelle and to make him/take care of babies.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I think Kody and Robyn are in a monogamous marriage. I think Kody sees Janelle and Meri when they are filming and maybe for the occasional holiday, and I think he visits with Savannah. These people are not living polygamy anymore. I think Robyn and Meri are semi-friends, and Janelle and Christine are very close friends. I doubt Janelle ever sees Robyn or Meri outside of filming. 

Totally agree. These marriages ended long ago (probably just they way we think they did) but the show was still called Sister Wives and they owned some sort of entertainment company based on that, so they figured, what else are we gonna do?

And they have to honor their contract by supplying parties and holidays and gatherings for the show, so why not dredge up ancient drama, figure out new drama ideas from SM, fake cry, jump around porches, walk dejectedly in a field, put up memes about never giving up, let Paedon see if he can make a career “leaking” info, and see if they can sell enough MLM products to make this all worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2022 at 6:24 AM, riverblue22 said:

Well, we don't know about those imprisoned in Robyn's compound.  I imagine AuroraBrianna are subjected to daily lessons on the superiority of polygamy.  Are they ever allowed to leave the house or have friends?  Doubtful. Even their college classes are probably remote.

Yep. As much as there may be some favoritism, I can tell you I would rather be one of Meri, Janelle or Christine's kids any day. I have a lot of empathy for Robyn's kids. (Plus they have to spend more time with Kody.)

• Like 4
  • Love 6

I'm waiting for TLC to finally realise that they're cheated out of a lot of money for a show on polygamy that is now displaying a bunch of sorry desperate people going through a midlife crisis!

Maybe TLC thought that they would get some "solid" polygamy tv in the end when they actually started building in Coyote Pass. Wake up TLC, it's not happening... 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I'm waiting for TLC to finally realise that they're cheated out of a lot of money for a show on polygamy that is now displaying a bunch of sorry desperate people going through a midlife crisis!

TLC doesn't give a damn as long as people watch.  I bet they told Kootie to ramp up the drama, it's just what the viewers want.

Personally, I haven't watched since season one, can't stand any of them.  Get all I need to know from here!

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

TLC doesn't give a damn as long as people watch.  I bet they told Kootie to ramp up the drama, it's just what the viewers want.

Personally, I haven't watched since season one, can't stand any of them.  Get all I need to know from here!

I haven't watched in years, just reading here is enough for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I didn’t watch last season, I just read the snark here, and post nonsense I see about them online.  Probably won’t watch much this season, but if I do I hope they don’t have any COVID crap.  I wonder if they will start with Christine leaving or drag it out to the end?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I didn’t watch last season, I just read the snark here, and post nonsense I see about them online.  Probably won’t watch much this season, but if I do I hope they don’t have any COVID crap.  I wonder if they will start with Christine leaving or drag it out to the end?

My guess they will drag it out to the end to keep the suckers watching.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I train wreck watch. 👀

Me too.  I would miss so much not seeing the facial expressions and body language of the participants.

For instance, cheers were given to Janelle for saying "Fuck You" to Kody but the impact was lost by her throwing it over her shoulder as she walked away.  It would have carried far more weight if she had gotten right up in his face and said it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

My guess they will drag it out to the end to keep the suckers watching.

Meh, I watch it. It's entertainment, the same as any other television show or movie. Some of it is real, and some is staged or exaggerated for drama. I don't think there is any shame in watching reality television, or this show in particular. I'd even buy the products from their MLMs if the products were actually any good. 

What I don't understand is why anyone wants to sell their divorce on television for others to gawk at. I won't even post much of my private life on Facebook, where only my friends can see it. The Browns are total famewhores. And Kody seems to be playing it up for the cameras with his rants and breakdowns. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I train wreck watch. 👀

I love watching for inconsistencies with what they have said previously. Are they unaware that they are on TV and we can easily re-watch them saying or doing the exact opposite in previous episodes?  

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, Adiba said:

Yes, I thought, “shut up, Robyn” when she was talking, too. She is so disingenuous. Kody screaming about how Christine never tried to have a good relationship with these “other people”= Robyn, was BS. How is Christine supposed to feel when her husband practically ignores her while fawning and lusting over Robyn? Was she supposed to kiss Robyn’s ass?

According to Kody, yes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2

In the scene where Kody is losing what’s left of his pea-brained mind he totally looks like Predator with his ramen noodle hair and dramatic hand gestures….. and there sits “Robyn the Goblin” dabbing her eye boogers and trying to squeak out a tear…. God they suit each other perfectly!!!….totally self absorbed and looking more and more like monster aliens from another planet….. Robyn’s neck looks like it’s ready to crack open and spawn a reptilian creature from outer space! 

40F5BF0B-E10B-4CC6-AC7A-8B7669716F65.jpeg

A286753D-2D34-4BC2-B320-1E5E85B9FBD1.jpeg

• Applause 2
  • LOL 20
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

In the scene where Kody is losing what’s left of his pea-brained mind he totally looks like Predator with his ramen noodle hair and dramatic hand gestures….. and there sits “Robyn the Goblin” dabbing her eye boogers and trying to squeak out a tear…. God they suit each other perfectly!!!….totally self absorbed and looking more and more like monster aliens from another planet….. Robyn’s neck looks like it’s ready to crack open and spawn a reptilian creature from outer space! 

40F5BF0B-E10B-4CC6-AC7A-8B7669716F65.jpeg

A286753D-2D34-4BC2-B320-1E5E85B9FBD1.jpeg

Those two deserve each other. I hope Meri and Janelle get a clue and run like Christine did, leaving RoboChyn And Ko-Dink to themselves.

I don’t understand why Meri stays. She’s a doormat whose former husband dismisses and his favorite wife just wants around so she can be HBIC. So “brave” and “strong”.

I wonder where Janelle will stand this season. I means, she’s still there, too. I wonder what her breaking point will be. I see her going before Meri, as she’s done it before and didn’t require a handsome millionaire to lure her out. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Is Janelle stuck now though? I think the show has been their primary source of income. She is smart enough to know once the show is gone she's going to have to get a job - a 'job' besides Plexus. I realize she had always worked in the past, but she gave up the real estate career rather quickly a few years back and she's has somewhat made herself less employable over the years. If she sticks with Kody she won't be on her own financially.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Janelle stuck now though? I think the show has been their primary source of income. She is smart enough to know once the show is gone she's going to have to get a job - a 'job' besides Plexus. I realize she had always worked in the past, but she gave up the real estate career rather quickly a few years back and she's has somewhat made herself less employable over the years. If she sticks with Kody she won't be on her own financially.

I don’t know what Savanah’s plans are beyond high school. She is the only one still at home. This fact should put Janelle in a different mindset, which I think is what assisted Christine in her decision.

Sometimes Janelle is a flake, though. 

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Janelle's employment future looks bleak.  She was hopeless at real estate and I think she knows there is no future there for her.  She held a government job in Utah, I think in accounting but her skill set there would require tremendous upgrading to catch up with new computer technology.  Her best bet may be to offer her services as a bookkeeper to small businesses.

As far as personal assets are concerned, she has an interest in the property on the Plains of Plague, I'm not sure if her assigned lot was one of the ones paid in full on purchase or if it carries a mortgage.  She has the RV, which may or not be financed, in any case, it is depreciating in value daily.  She came in to an inheritance when living in Utah and dumped it into the Lehi house, which was sold at a loss.  On second thought, she may not be someone I would take financial advice from as a small business owner.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
On 8/9/2022 at 4:56 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Her face looked bloated as well, as though she has had to take a regimen of steroids.  

She did have that large lump on her neck a while back.  It was very visible in pictures.  I, too, wonder if she has health problems.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She could work from home with a call center. My friend got a job during early Covid outbreak and has done really well. He gets benefits, paid time off, vacay days,  health insurance. IT provided computers, and they're on call for tech support. All he does is Customer service. In his jammies.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3