Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

I hate to say it, but some of this drama seems a tad manufactured. I have to wonder if it really went down this way. It's pretty shocking to hear Janelle say "shut your f-ing mouth." It's also out of character imo.  Guess we'll have to wait and see if they show the whole scene leading up to that.

That said, I'm psyched it's coming back on 8/20!!

Edited by Teafortwo
ETA got rid of offensive word
  • Like 15

Robyn fake crying and whining over getting what she schemed to get is wonderful.  As in I'm in awe she thinks we didn't notice what was going on for years.  I think having Kody to herself did not turn out one bit as she expected.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Midwestern Lady said:

Sobbyn's dry crying and scrunchy heaving crying is the same bad acting as usual.    

Those tears actually might be real for the very first time - she's not crying about how she will never sit on a porch in rocking chairs with her sister wives.  She's freaking out about the fact that she might have to get a real paying job once the Big Three are out.  That was NOT part of her detailed plan.

Purchase your popcorn and beverage of choice!  It's baaaaaaaaaaaack!

• Like 9
  • LOL 15

Wow, the trailer is insane. I can't believe someone is willing to put that much family drama for a little bit of fame out there. Oh, and it's the first time in that whole sister wives show that I think Robyns tears are real. Her dream of that big family with sister wives (but she of course is no. 1 to Kody) just completely fell apart with even Meri leaving. She is stuck at this point with that raging bull of a dissatisfied man who obviously doesn't like his life too much rn and I think that realization hit her like a shovel in the face.

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 6/1/2023 at 10:46 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

"In women, there does not appear to be an impact on fertility but, data are still being collected and analyzed," said Alan Copperman, MD, FACOG of Progyny, told Romper.

But it could affect a man's reproductive system.

"Males infected with the measles virus can experience testicular inflammation that can permanently interfere with sperm production," Dr. Copperman explained.

It is too bad that it didn't leave Cootie sterile. 

My grandmother caught the measles when she was pregnant with my uncle back in the 60’s. He was born with gangrene on his testicles and sterile. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2

It appeared to me that the Facebook scene with Garrison included Garrison, Janelle, Gabe, Christine and Ysabel.   Logan, Hunter and Maddie all live out of state.  Savannah appeared absent? Garrison tells it like it is

The scenes with Janelle and Kody ( other than the restaurant) appeared to have a Christmas tree.  The scene with Janelle and Christine appeared to have a Halloween decoration. So sometime Oct-Dec 2021? Janelle and Kody admitted they had been separated for months during the one-on-ones aired in December 2022, but supposedly filmed September 2022. My timing thoughts sound ok to you? 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

It appeared to me that the Facebook scene with Garrison included Garrison, Janelle, Gabe, Christine and Ysabel.   Logan, Hunter and Maddie all live out of state.  Savannah appeared absent? Garrison tells it like it is

The scenes with Janelle and Kody ( other than the restaurant) appeared to have a Christmas tree.  The scene with Janelle and Christine appeared to have a Halloween decoration. So sometime Oct-Dec 2021? Janelle and Kody admitted they had been separated for months during the one-on-ones aired in December 2022, but supposedly filmed September 2022. My timing thoughts sound ok to you? 

Christine and Janelle's meeting takes place in the same restaurant as Christine and Kody's meeting. With Christine living in Utah, it's possible she returned to film for just a few days. Idk if that's Halloween decor or just the restaurant's wallpaper or painted walls.

ETA: I believe that is Gwen next to Christine, not Ysabel.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 7
26 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Christine and Janelle's meeting takes place in the same restaurant as Christine and Kody's meeting. With Christine living in Utah, it's possible she returned to film for just a few days. Idk if that's Halloween decor or just the restaurant's wallpaper or painted walls.

ETA: I believe that is Gwen next to Christine, not Ysabel.

Gwen  makes sense.  She is  in Flagstaff after all and Ysabel was not during that timeframe. 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It is beyond pathetic that Meri bothered to have a meeting to tell Robyn and Kody she was leaving. 

Still addicted to screen time.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Kody says, "I don't know what to do with Meri.  I don't even know why she is still living in Flagstaff."

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Meri, who uses her MLM to sucker people to work for her for very little money, charges people 5 grand for a "retreat," and for the fact that she is clinging onto Kody like a dingleberry with Robyn's encouragement.  But to have Kody sit there like, what do I do with this barnacle, anyway?  That is just so incredibly demeaning.  So when she sits down with Kody and the Dark Queen to tell them she won't be around, I hope she means it.

Also - who noted in the preview that Christine looks about 10 years younger? :)

• Like 15
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Words from Janelle to Kody, “Shut your fucking mouth”.

Trailer for new season, hopefully the link works. It’s also on TLC’s Instagram but I couldn’t copy it.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=804804427929906

Does anyone else NOT believe Robyn’s crying? Will there be actual tears, and if so, is it because her gravy train and power trip are now ending?

I cannot wait for this season. Like, go Janelle! Go! Even Meri I’m rooting for, she’s clearly seen reality (finally). That leaves a miserable, angry Kody and only one wife to deal with his bullshit (and the wife who was the catalyst for the ultimate  destruction of this family).

You deserve this, Robyn. Have fun with that. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Stupid autocorrect was wrong again
  • Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Kody says, "I don't know what to do with Meri.  I don't even know why she is still living in Flagstaff."

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Meri, who uses her MLM to sucker people to work for her for very little money, charges people 5 grand for a "retreat," and for the fact that she is clinging onto Kody like a dingleberry with Robyn's encouragement.  But to have Kody sit there like, what do I do with this barnacle, anyway?  That is just so incredibly demeaning.  So when she sits down with Kody and the Dark Queen to tell them she won't be around, I hope she means it.

Also - who noted in the preview that Christine looks about 10 years younger? :)

🙋‍♀️.  So did Janelle!  Meri looks worked over.  Maybe once she has left for awhile she will look better.  Now we know Kody is a temper tantrum throwing asshole and the ladies survived all those years by letting him get his way.  I wonder if he actually stomps his feet?

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
22 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It is beyond pathetic that Meri bothered to have a meeting to tell Robyn and Kody she was leaving. Kody couldn't care less, and Robyn is not really her friend. I'm glad it appears that Meri finally leaves though. 

I actually think it was an adult thing to do… as opposed to Kody doing all his truth telling  about Meri only to the camera to be aired months later.   Now it’s entirely possible that he’s told Meri repeatedly and we just haven’t been shown it.  However Meri said in the one in one interviews that he hadn’t.  She did appear to get the message after seeing the clips then.  
We saw Christine  telling Kody her decision to leave last season. We also saw her telling all the adults together.    I expect we will see Janelle  also doing him the courtesy of telling him to his face. I don’t think Janelle will feel the need to tell Meri or Robyn herself though.  

• Like 15

We all cheered when Christine grey-rocked him and slid on out. 

Janelle -“Hold my beer” 

She’s gonna bring the house down with that bad bitch energy and I’m here for it. Now that she’s not eating her feelings and keeping a poker face we’re finally seeing the real Janelle. 👏

• Like 19
26 minutes ago, Cancun said:

I love how the producers use the background weather to signal the state of things. This is Season 2 vs. upcoming season. 

3716C71F-F27D-4E29-8199-236E7309CA22.jpeg

Agreed!  Note how Kootie's shirt is purple in the beginning, perhaps indicating he's the spiritual leader of his baby mamas.  Now it's beige, indicating that he's faded away into the background of most of the mama's lives? 

Oh, this is fun!  I took a course in grad school on the symbolism and propaganda of modern-day advertising in pics, television, film, and other media, and I enjoyed it tremendously.  Thanks for reminding me of this, Cancun.  Come on back, now, for I want to play more.  😉

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I wonder what analogies kootie head will be using for the other wives leaving.  Christine: knife to the kidney    Janelle : kick to the wallet ???  Meri : hatchet to the hair ????

• LOL 22

I don’t understand Robyns lie about wanting to rock on the porch with people who she made every attempt to live separately from from day 1. They could’ve easily put a small trailer in the original Utah house and then built on, but she even had that separate apartment there. Then when they moved, they were all separate on the Vegas Cul de Sac, which still blows my mind how they funded those homes. Then the Arizona mess has them living even further apart.

Kody and Robyn both active chose to isolate themselves from the family who wasn’t fun anymore. How dare the kids get old enough to have needs, Meri stayed a selfish greedy bitch, Christine felt abandoned and her kids were absolutely neglected by their dad, and Janelle, who tried to keep them realistically on track, had enough after her kids were also treated like trash.

I still think Christine had it the worst solely based on Kody being off screwing Robyn while Truly was being born, truly almost dying of sepsis, then the back surgery fiasco. These were real medical emergencies, not angsty teens voicing their opinion. Oh wait, I forgot. Robyn had a low grade temp that ERs laugh at and ask why didn’t you take a baby aspirin?

• Like 17
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agreed!  Note how Kootie's shirt is purple in the beginning, perhaps indicating he's the spiritual leader of his baby mamas.  Now it's beige, indicating that he's faded away into the background of most of the mama's lives? 

Oh, this is fun!  I took a course in grad school on the symbolism and propaganda of modern-day advertising in pics, television, film, and other media, and I enjoyed it tremendously.  Thanks for reminding me of this, Cancun.  Come on back, now, for I want to play more.  😉

How about this one, Season 17, when Christine found her way to freedom (sunshine) while the rest remained embattled. I took a film class in college, same thing regarding use of symbolism in Hitchcock movies. 🙂

247362E3-7C64-4643-AB1B-D0E5BCB16327.jpeg

• Like 15
14 minutes ago, Cancun said:

How about this one, Season 17, when Christine found her way to freedom (sunshine) while the rest remained embattled. I took a film class in college, same thing regarding use of symbolism in Hitchcock movies. 🙂

Yes.  This one told  us Janelle was fed up  too

• Like 12

Interesting to note that in the early opening shot, Kootie is at the front of the gang.  In the broken glass version, he's at the back.  Too bad one of those glass shards didn't cut him out altogether.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Interesting to note that in the early opening shot, Kootie is at the front of the gang.  In the broken glass version, he's at the back.  Too bad one of those glass shards didn't cut him out altogether.

It seems fairly certain that Kody and Robyn were photographed together- and everyone else was photographed separately and then photoshopped in.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 7/17/2023 at 5:58 PM, Meowwww said:

That’s Meri, sans filter.  

I was going to say, at least Meri looks like Meri and not some overly filtered version of herself.

Christine, on the other hand, looks amazing. I think she may have been filtered a tad. 😉

• Like 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cancun said:

That’s the same outfit Meri has on in the newest photo. I wonder if they just re-used that shot, and why?

ETA: I think they all have the same shirts & hairstyles, just re-colored?

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Maybe that’s what really stabbed him in the kidney?

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 18
On 7/13/2023 at 1:39 PM, laurakaye said:

Janelle goes from being the eternal silent lump on the couch to dropping the F bomb in Kody's face.  My, how times have changed.

I blame it on menopause!! 🤣 No but seriously someone else above said it seemed manufactured because Janelle would never do that. I agree that younger, all in on polygamy, house full of kids, 2 or 3 other wives in the same boat Janelle would never had said that. But all of those things have changed plus, like someone else said, her mom and Wynn are gone. Her children are obviously done with their father. She saw how much being a father to all of his children really meant to Kody.  I would be throwing the F bomb in his face all the time now. 

I have always liked Janelle and Christine. I am so very glad they got out. What surprises me about myself is how happy I am for Meri. I think her post-polygamy life will be sadder and less full than C and J. And not just because she only had one child. She wasted many years being ugly to a lot of the kids when she could have been fostering more positive relationships. But she also hitched her wagon to the Robyn train. And that will leave her lonelier, too. I bet Robyn's kids don't come around Meri much after their mom bad mouths Meri for walking away and forcing them to get jobs, move out, etc. So Meri will have wasted that time investment, too. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Last season on Christine's patio, Janelle got into an altercation with Kody as I recall, it was over the covid restrictions for her sons. 

She tossed the F bomb over her shoulder as she was walking away. It was much more effective to see her get right up in face to say it.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Cancun said:

I noticed that in both the Season 17 and Season 18 promo shots, they are wearing the same clothes. If you zoom in, you can see the same texture on the shirt Christine is wearing, although the colors on everyone's clothing have been dimmed down.

ETA I see @YupItsMe noted this as well.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3
On 7/18/2023 at 11:57 AM, Cancun said:

Excellent!  Hitchcock movies would have made spectacular case studies for such a course.  😮

I believe this pic (in part) is  indicative of Janelle's transition from distant and aloof couch potato of the earlier seasons to one who is simmering with inward resentment.  Janelle's not quite out the door, but she's seriously considering it.  😉

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 7/14/2023 at 10:10 AM, Natalie68 said:

🙋‍♀️.  So did Janelle!  Meri looks worked over.  Maybe once she has left for awhile she will look better.  Now we know Kody is a temper tantrum throwing asshole and the ladies survived all those years by letting him get his way.  I wonder if he actually stomps his feet?

I picture old Douchecanoe not only stomping his feet but throwing himself on the floor and kicking and screaming!

And yep, those look like REAL tears Sobbyn is sobbing, she's completely on her own with all this.  I think this was her plan all along - to be wife #1.  OK, Sobbyn... You're #1 but girl! you by yourself!!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
On 7/13/2023 at 2:34 PM, DanaMB said:

I actually can’t wait after watching this. Love Janelle not taking his shit. 

Sometimes, after years of suppressing hurt and anger, your emotions can erupt in a way that is uncharacteristic of the person.  That happened to me one time years ago.  I wasn’t proud of it, but felt it was justified.  No one who knew me would have believed it, unless they saw it.  Even my ex was shocked, since it was like s different person emerged.

I don’t put it past them to reenact events though, for drama purposes.  The show must take priority…lol.

• Like 19