Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

One thing that this weeks events pointed out is that Robyn and Kody aren't the only problems in this family.

This wouldn't be a big, happy family if it wasn't for their behavior.

They are definitely a big part of the problem, but they are not exclusively the problem.

Dysfunction abounds...

Typical TLC family. It happens every time. Eventually the truth comes out. TLC is the master of finding screwed up families.

• Like 16
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I feel like Christine's kids with Patreons or YT channels are playing with fire.  Maybe they felt like they could finally talk once Christine officially left Kody.  But they're also being purposefully vague for the sake of the show that Christine is still a part of, and the paycheck she needs from it.  They're walking a fine line between telling their truths, or their version of the truth, without disparaging their mother.  And I find it suspect that all three - Paedon, Gwen and Mykelti - are all sort of stirring things up at the same time.  Are they in competition with each other?

Here's my "In My Opinion". All speculation and poor recollections. 

Meri said one time in reference to being an empty nester, the family trying to pull her into family..she said, "I'm not going to watch their kids." She seems abjectly grateful for the love of Robyn's kids. 

She definitely screamed at those kids during Big Bear campalooza. 

I can't remember Mykelti interacting much with Meri. If Toxcicity is to be believed, there was a fistfight between a male son and Kody in 2021. The mom stepped in to break it up, then made arrangements to move so Kody couldn't move in. 

Toxcicity said in a non answer re: Meri's abuse. .. if you had a babysitter you should take the locks off the doors. 

I think Paedon was making a huge statement to Kody after his call about NDAs after Gwen's Podcast. Im sure there was major flack after Paedon's and Tony and Mykelti are sticking up for their siblings. 

To Gwen's credit, she was honest and said she saw Meri attack Mykelti. 

I think it's the kids.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 1/13/2023 at 9:46 PM, General Days said:

I don't think Paedon said anything specific enough for a Cease and Desist letter -- I don't think.

He never used the word "abuse." He said things like, "Abrasive is not enough of a word to explain what Meri was to a few of us children specifically," and "Oh, it moves so far past verbal. Verbal basically stopped existing," and "we didn't feel safe."

Right, Paedon never said the word “abuse.” He never said she spanked or hit them, specifically. I personally think she did on at least a couple of occasions for him to be that vocal about Meri, but ymmv. 
I had a teacher, a nun, in 4th grade that seemed to have it out for me. I hated her, she made my life miserable. I still feel to this day that she was abusive to me. But guess what? Some of my old classmates that I am still in touch with didn’t have that experience at all— they just thought she was strict. I was not a bad kid, and I got good grades— to this day, I am a mature grandparent and I still do not know why that nun singled me out.

As for Gwen and Paedon’s relationship, I ‘m reserving judgment for now. Paedon admits he hit her. Obviously, they have radically different world views and political opinions so of course they do not get along. I know families that some members cannot or will not talk to each other because of this reason.
I am not going to discount everything Paedon says about his childhood because I do not agree with him on other issues. The same goes for Gwen— her experience and memories are hers.

• Like 16
  • Love 2

Well I bit the bullet and payed 3.50 to watch Mykelti's live. I will be unsubscribing. Tony and Mykelti, unlike Gwen, are very much team Robyn and Kody. I think they are actually team whole family with the exception of Meri.

They called her a cheater (confirmed the catfish "emotional affair") and said that is why Kody never wanted to reconcile. They also said that Kody and Meri were emotionally abusive to each other. She said that her dad never hit anyone and that Meri didn't hit Kody. However she did not absolve Meri from being "physical" with the kids. She didn't say one way or the other but she is aware of the Paedon interview (and said she is very close to Paedon). She will be speaking on the issue in the next few weeks.

She said Kody is stubborn but so are Gabe and Garrison. They understood why Kody wanted an apology and didn't think missing the birthday was a big deal. And Robyn is a genuinely emotional, caring, insightful individual who really just wanted everyone to get along. I'd say a good 3/4 of their comments were defending Kody and Robyn.

I think its very clear that this family is fractured and they all have their own unique lenses. I guess that is to be expected with a family that large - and with that many wives. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 8
On 1/17/2023 at 11:22 AM, General Days said:

I just watched those on the Toxicitea TikTok. They sound like ridiculous conspiracy theory stuff, not least of all, because the Browns aren't FLDS. They are/were AUB.

I think it's JO running that account.

It is 100% the catfisher behind that account. I can't believe the number of people giving anything that is said credibility. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
30 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think Mykelti and Tony think Kody and Robyn will continue on with the show sans Meri, Janelle and Christine and they are angling to be part of the Kody and Robyn show. 

Christine has already confirmed she'll be on the show next season. TLC has already constructed a set for her Talking Head interviews, in her basement. I can't imagine Janelle not doing it, since Christine is.

I do think Tony and Mykelti are aiming to be on the show, though. Tony doesn't even work anymore, I don't think. 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, General Days said:

Tony doesn't even work anymore, I don't think. 

I think Tony is self employed designing internet games.  He must be quite successful at it, they drive an expensive looking truck and they bought their present home and kept the first one as a revenue property.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
16 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think Tony is self employed designing internet games.  He must be quite successful at it, they drive an expensive looking truck and they bought their present home and kept the first one as a revenue property.

I thought he left the bank to become a video game streamer (like on Twitch, or something), but that it wasn't going well. I could totally be wrong, though. That's just what I've picked up over time, but I don't really care for Tony, so I haven't paid a lot of attention. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

Yikers! This is getting all kinds of crazy. Not that I think their family dynamic is all that different from a typical family, but this feels like an all out (very public) war. The (adult) kids are too young to realize feelings and perceptions change over time and the internet is forever.

And Tony - although I haven't watched any videos, he really doesn't need to be a part of this game. Its not like he's a spouse defending/supporting his wife, he's an inlaw and only an inlaw of 5(ish) years trashing his inlaws.

TLC is all about the money but this may get so out of hand they end up dropping the Browns sooner rather than later.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think Mykelti and Tony think Kody and Robyn will continue on with the show sans Meri, Janelle and Christine and they are angling to be part of the Kody and Robyn show. 

Who TF will watch that? Hardly anyone likes them, there’s no show without the other wives. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t buy that one.

One more season, at beat, because Christine has said they’re filming (or were). There’s nothing left to film. This family is destroyed. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Who TF will watch that? Hardly anyone likes them, there’s no show without the other wives. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t buy that one.

One more season, at beat, because Christine has said they’re filming (or were). There’s nothing left to film. This family is destroyed. 

Agrred. Ain't no way, no how I'd watch these four do anything.  Ugh, what a hot mess.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I wouldn't watch it either but Mykelti seems to view her opinionated self as someone who has wisdom and appeals to the family and the viewing audience.  She has always impressed me as a know it all and Tony is just off putting. But I think the two of them are just arrogant enough to think that they can "save the show." 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

MyKelti thinks Gabe and Garrison are stubborn?  She has always wanted what she wanted when she wanted it with hell to pay if she didn’t get it.    She likes Kody and Robyn because neither of them ever acted like a parent towards her in terms of discipline. Robyn  treats MyKelti like the most important person in the room.   The patio table scene where she worried that MyKelti would treat her differently after Christine left for example. 

• Like 16

Mykelti is still immature enough to be easily manipulated and Robyn is a master of recognizing that and using it.  So far she hasn't hit a situation where she directly crossed Robyn and gotten the same treatment as Janelle's sons.  

• Like 23

Well. I’ve missed some things. Lol. 

I mostly feel sad for this family. I think Kody was right when he said they failed, though he was speaking about showing the world the good side of polygamy. 

Yeah, the kids are adults and have the right to say whatever they want, but I know when I was their age I was rather opinionated and, honestly, I cringe at some of the things I said and did. I definitely think Christine should try to reign them in or at least have them speak to a PR person before continuing these social media posts and interviews. It’s notable that none of Janelle’s children are involved and that Leon is nowhere to be found in this. I can’t blame them at all. 

Remember when Kody made that comment about Ari being outspoken like all of his kids? Definitely Mykelti, Paedon and Leon fit that mold. It’s a Brown family trait that I do not care for. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

It's rather amazing given how Leon used to have to make a post pontificating about all kinds of things and then went quiet.  The value of a private life finally took hold.   Those embarrassing yoga poses are history as well as documenting so much of their life.  

• Like 20

Forgive me if this has already been covered but I just watched that weird "toxic" TikTok channel last night and saw some very odd clips of Meri's LLR lives where if she's not actually drunk, she's certainly acting as if she is while proclaiming that she is not.  I have also heard of her rudeness to her Live followers but in these clips, you see it go down.  I am not sure what to think about this...??

And if she's not drunk, she's great at acting like she is, but why would she do that?

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

What is kind of odd about the kids and their opinions is they all seem to be pro or pro-ish Kody. M&T are all the way pro Kody. Paedon wants a relationship with him and Gwen has been somewhat neutral. So half of Christine's kids, or really two as Truely is too young to say anything, are silent and the other half are not damning him.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I wouldn't watch it either but Mykelti seems to view her opinionated self as someone who has wisdom and appeals to the family and the viewing audience.  She has always impressed me as a know it all and Tony is just off putting. But I think the two of them are just arrogant enough to think that they can "save the show." 

Agreed, Mykelti comes off as an Insufferable know-it-all (in the words of Severus Snape).  It pissed me off when she pushed that awkward goodbye at Christine’s like she was some kind of therapist trying to get “closure”. 

Hopefully she outgrows this as she gets older. Pretty sure I thought I knew best at that age (and have apologized to everyone I know for it). It took being knocked down a few pegs for me to shut up and observe before running my mouth. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What is kind of odd about the kids and their opinions is they all seem to be pro or pro-ish Kody. M&T are all the way pro Kody. Paedon wants a relationship with him and Gwen has been somewhat neutral. So half of Christine's kids, or really two as Truely is too young to say anything, are silent and the other half are not damning him.

I think it's as simple as Kody is their dad and they love him. Most of them probably don't want to hurt him (or hurt him much) and most probably want to maintain a relationship with him.

The kids expect more from him, and have been let down by him, but they're also going to have a sympathy for Kody that we would never have, and could never have. I am inclined to think that shows that, no matter the problems in their childhoods, these kids did understand they were loved, and love their parents in return.

Every Brown kid who is old enough to know their own mind on the issue (at least those children of the OG3) seems to have chosen not to live the Principle of Plural Marriage. That tells me, they really do understand enough of what they saw in their parents' relationships, to know it did none of those parents any real favors.

A while ago, I said I think polygamy is the true villain of Sister Wives. I still think that's true. Kody, by virtue of being a man, was corrupted by it, while Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn have been degraded by it. Kody seems like the main villain a lot of times, but he's really just the villain's minion. He'll forever be the Little Bad to the Big Bad that is the Principle. </ I watch too much TV>

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
50 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Hopefully she outgrows this as she gets older. Pretty sure I thought I knew best at that age (and have apologized to everyone I know for it). It took being knocked down a few pegs for me to shut up and observe before running my mouth. 

Same here.  My dad finally told me one day, most people don't really care about what you have to say.  Learn to listen and you don't always have to respond to what is said.  He wasn't being mean, he was just trying to give me some of those life skills you need.

Yes at times in our life we all feel like we know everything.  

• Like 16
On 1/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

I work retail and trust me it is not so easy that anyone could do it.  From this statement it sounds like any dullard can do customer service. You probably did not mean that and I probably am a little sensitive to remarks putting down the industry. I have been told that I am to smart for retail and once was told that a monkey could do my job.

I am not in the customer service industry, but we do serve the public.  So I guess I am, somewhat.  I was told, by a co-worker, that a monkey could do our job (we hold the same position) and I was offended and couldn't disagree more. It takes a certain kind of person to work with the public.   And, without going into detail with what I do for a living, I go into people's homes and this is not so easy to do.  I am used to it, but this type of a job is not for everyone.  I really wish people would think twice before they speak.   This last sentence is directed towards my co-worker and no one on this site. 

Edited by Shauna
clarification
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Forgive me if this has already been covered but I just watched that weird "toxic" TikTok channel last night and saw some very odd clips of Meri's LLR lives where if she's not actually drunk, she's certainly acting as if she is while proclaiming that she is not.  I have also heard of her rudeness to her Live followers but in these clips, you see it go down.  I am not sure what to think about this...??

And if she's not drunk, she's great at acting like she is, but why would she do that?

I think she's acting but I have no idea. I watched just one of her lives, so I don't really know but during that time she was getting so many rude comments scrolling on and on. People literally telling her to crawl in a hole and die. The clips on TikTok are cut to just show her clapping back - but they don't show the really offensive things that were said. At least that's my take. I mean love her or leave her. So I leave her...but that ToxicTea account is a targeted "take down Meri" account.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

Yes.  I used to think I was a people person until I worked in retail.  Now I see how petty and cheap people are. Ugh.   I no longer work in retail.  I wonder if a time will come where Robyn no longer works in retail as well.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
21 hours ago, Libby said:

One thing is very clear. There is a lot of dysfunction in the Brown family. There are also very real and deep fractures in the family.

There's 23 of them. It's nice that they can all break off and hang around members of the family who they like and get along with.

The big, happy, Brown family that TLC tried to portray has been exposed as totally false.

So much for polygamy being an ok, alternate life style. That's also been exposed as totally false.

But did any of us really buy that this was a big happy family and that polygamy was not problematic, from the beginning? I think many in the audience were waiting for what we saw as a facade, to eventually drop. The fall has been spectacular!

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

I am not in the customer service industry, but we do serve the public.  So I guess I am, somewhat.  I was told, by a co-worker, that a monkey could do our job (we hold the same position) and I was offended and couldn't disagree more. It takes a certain kind of person to work with the public.   And, without going into detail with what I do for a living, I go into people's homes and this is not so easy to do.  I am used to it, but this type of a job is not for everyone.  I really wish people would think twice before they speak.   This last sentence is directed towards my co-worker and no one on this site. 

I was a Radiologic Technologist. 2y college credits prereq. Assoc. Degree. I was told by a nurse that monkeys could do my job. 

A real monkey wouldn't have stared her down like I did. A real monkey would have flung dung at her. 🐒 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 9
15 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I was a Radiologic Technologist. 2y college credits prereq. Assoc. Degree. I was told by a nurse that monkeys could do my job. 

A real monkey wouldn't have stared her down like I did. A real monkey would have flung dung at her. 🐒 

Recently completed a 5 day course of Radiology.  The skills required to place the tattoos and position the body in the precise angles was impressive. All that was asked of me was "don't move and don't try to help".

Edited by Sandy W
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 2
  • LOL 1

I think we saw a pretty accurate picture of what their family was like. I don't think there were too many episodes when at least one problem wasn't brought up and some episodes were all about the problems that come with polygamy. I really think they had a somewhat typical, though very large, happy dysfunctional family for the most part. The re-jockeying for positions and then eventually changes of tolerance or intolerance brought about some big changes.

But overall, I saw them as letting the cat out of the bag pretty regularly.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, MamaGee said:

Seriously??? What world do people live in that they have a spouse and 3 young children and do not work?? 

Mykelti is probably making decent money with her scams  mlm so if Tony stays home they are probably saving a lot on daycare for 2 newborns and however old Avalon is. This coupled with whatever online game/patreon nonsense they are doing and the show is probably ok money.

I don’t mind Mykelti taking up for Kody and Robyn although I don’t like them, but it’s probably because I think Christine probably treated her kids like a therapist at various points and I don’t think she’s nearly as perfect as the media portrays although I think she is overall better than Kody/Robyn.  

I think Mykelti “forcing” the goodbye scene was probably producer driven. They couldn’t have Kody or Christine suggest the scene because they were both tired of this mess.  Robyn clearly couldn’t since she was too busy telling little Aerosol Can that Christine and Kody didn’t go on enough dates.  Meri was too busy trying to figure out who to be mad at so that would only leave maybe Janelle to try and play middleman, but clearly Mykelti needed her check so it set up the opportunity to get screen time since she’s their child.

I agree with @RoslynI am far more offended by Mykelti’s PPD take that coming to Kody or even Robyn’s defense. Tony should probably give less of his opinion but he’s probably just trying to earn a check too.  

Basically, I don’t blame any of the “kids” throwing their family to the wolves to earn a buck because they watched their parents do it for years.  

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree with @RoslynI am far more offended by Mykelti’s PPD take that coming to Kody or even Robyn’s defense. Tony should probably give less of his opinion but he’s probably just trying to earn a check too.  

Me too. I also can't decide if I think she thinks that way BECAUSE Christine had Post-Partum after Truley, or despite the fact that Christine did. If I recall correctly, Christine even talked about needing meds for it.

49 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Basically, I don’t blame any of the “kids” throwing their family to the wolves to earn a buck because they watched their parents do it for years.  

I don't either. That's exactly the life lesson they learned. And kids like Mykelti, who didn't finish their education, can see the end of the gravy train, and they're panicking (I would think).

50 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think Mykelti “forcing” the goodbye scene was probably producer driven. They couldn’t have Kody or Christine suggest the scene because they were both tired of this mess.  Robyn clearly couldn’t since she was too busy telling little Aerosol Can that Christine and Kody didn’t go on enough dates.  Meri was too busy trying to figure out who to be mad at so that would only leave maybe Janelle to try and play middleman, but clearly Mykelti needed her check so it set up the opportunity to get screen time since she’s their child.

I think it was producer-driven, too. I also think the producers and Mykelti made an unforced error. Mykelti could have encourage everyone to get together to say goodbye to Truely. Nobody is mad at little Truely. Truely deserved a nice goodbye from her Dad, her plural moms, and her siblings.

Mykelti pushing them to say goodbye to Christine, when Christine didn't want to see Kody and Robyn, and Kody and Robyn didn't want to see Christine, was just stupid.

• Like 14
24 minutes ago, General Days said:

Mykelti could have encourage everyone to get together to say goodbye to Truely. Nobody is mad at little Truely. Truely deserved a nice goodbye from her Dad, her plural moms, and her siblings.

Brilliant! Yes, she did deserve a nice goodbye from her Flag family members. It would have played much better. Of course, they could all have ignored Christine and concentrated on Truely anyway, but these are the Browns so it probably didn't occur to them, especially after Kody announced he was leaving in 5 minutes anyway.

• Like 10
6 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

That's disgusting - I am truly sorry you experienced that. You are saving lives every day. Reminds me: a sonogram tech detected a tiny breast tumor that turned out to be cancerous. The mammogram did not pick it up. I sent the sono tech a Christmas card (sent one to the radiologist as well) following my surgery. The tech wrote to me that in 20-plus years of doing her job, not one other patient had ever sent her a card of any kind. 

ETA to bring this back to the topic: I feel that because Kody and the moms essentially monetized their children, who were not paid for their participation by TLC, those adult children are entitled to try to monetize the fallout. I do agree with posters who are pointing out that it may not be wise for them to approach it as they are, but I don't blame them for wanting to cash in on fan interest while they can. The current slang term for this is "get that bag" meaning go for the dough.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 3
14 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

WOW. Eeeesh. 

A dispatcher once said a monkey could do that job. I was training for that job and struggled, yet tried to find the humour in that comment — maybe I start flinging poo in the communications center. 😂 

• LOL 4

Does anyone know if Meri and Leon have a relationship at this point? I’ve been seeing rumors that they don’t. Of course I’m taking it with a grain of salt, but where we see Janelle and Christine often with their kids, we never see Leon and Meri in photos together.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1