Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

LilyD, yes times 1000. I do think that Christine recognized this. She said at some point that it was going to be good for Aspyn to be away from her. Hopefully they can revert back to a healthy mother-daughter relationship. 

Christine may have recognized what she did, but from this week's episode, it sounds like she did a similar thing with Ysabel. Poor Ysabel became Christine's confidant about her crappy marriage. You should never pull your kids into that kind of thing. She should have just complained to Janelle instead. Christine has a history of pulling her children into her problems and forcing them to be the second adult. 

Also, has anyone noticed how much Christine seems to travel now? Who is watching Truely while she's at school full time? I hope Mykelti and Aspyn aren't being forced to pick up the slack.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Libby said:

Some of Gwen's comments per reddit posters...

1. She doesn't speak to Paedon. She wishes him dead.

2. Seating was assigned at Logan's wedding. Kody was seated with his "wife".

3. Kody was an absentee father but she understands him. She said he got thrown into plural marriage before he was sure it's what he wanted.

4. She doesn't like or speak to Robyn. She does speak to Meri, but Meri is very busy.

5. She doesn't know if Janelle left Kody because she doesn't watch the show.

Based on Gwen's comments, I think that Janelle probably has seperated from Kody. I think that Logan would have sat his parents together if they weren't split. Gwen probably doesn't want to announce Janelle's split. It's up to Janelle when she wants it made public.

Oh I hope your suspicions are correct. I’d love for Janelle to be outta there and what remains are the 2 evil queens of doom, one who’s not even wanted but stays anyways. Have fun with that, Kody.

This has GOT to be the last season. It had to be. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Libby said:

Some of Gwen's comments per reddit posters...

1. She doesn't speak to Paedon. She wishes him dead.

2. Seating was assigned at Logan's wedding. Kody was seated with his "wife".

3. Kody was an absentee father but she understands him. She said he got thrown into plural marriage before he was sure it's what he wanted.

4. She doesn't like or speak to Robyn. She does speak to Meri, but Meri is very busy.

5. She doesn't know if Janelle left Kody because she doesn't watch the show.

Based on Gwen's comments, I think that Janelle probably has seperated from Kody. I think that Logan would have sat his parents together if they weren't split. Gwen probably doesn't want to announce Janelle's split. It's up to Janelle when she wants it made public.

I can not imagine that Logan and Michelle arbitrarily sat Kody to Robyn rather than Janelle. I bet Logan asked his father where he’d like to sit. Kody likely didn’t want to be anywhere near Christine, and Logan (and Janelle) weren’t going to displace Christine in favor of Kody.

As far as Kody getting “thrown into” plural marriage— hmmm, who “threw” him? Certainly not Meri. Christine the third wife; didn’t Kody realize what plural marriage was like by then? I think Kody is spouting some revisionist history to his kids.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

I wonder how much it irks Cody that none of his children (to this point) have any interest in plural marriage. He considers himself some sort of spokesman for the entire concept, and yet, he can't sell any of his kids on it. I do hope it's another blow to his ego. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
Just now, JayDub1987 said:

I wonder how much it irks Cody that none of his children (to this point) have any interest in plural marriage. He considers himself some sort of spokesman for the entire concept, and yet, he can't sell any of his kids on it. I do hope it's another blow to his ego. 

Yep. Not only has he failed to sell "healthy polygamy" to the general public, but he's failed to make it attractive to even one of his own children...who were raised in it, and should (at least in theory) appreciate its benefits.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Straight shooter Gwen apparently has a Patreon, and a few leaks have come out.

She hates Robyn.

Also this gem about her father is...something.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 9.47.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 9.49.57 PM.png

Forgot to mention:

"I prefer people who prefer me."

Talk about the narcissist's motto...

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Libby said:

I think this is exactly what he wanted.  Plus he had about 3 years with it just being him and Meri, he could have changed his mind, which would have sent Meri over the moon.  I think he thought it would be easy.  

I watch the National Geographic series about Centennial Park.  Even in this group of polygamists, they admit that polygamy is hard and it is not for everybody and they know not every member will choose to live plural life.  That you have to be dedicated and committed to it.  But that being said, husbands have to devote equal time to each family if they are not living in one house.  Otherwise it's not going to work.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Gwen did an Ig live too.  

Kody does watch the show and he called her when he saw her say that she thought her parents should have divorced a long time ago. He told her he was hurt by that but that he forgives her. And he hopes she forgives him too. 

She said her dad is "worse" than he is on the show but she thinks he's getting better and healing. (in comments she says she sees him about once a month maybe)

All the kids behaved better when the cameras around (lol)

Gwen watched just the first episode this season but most of the kids don't watch anymore. 

She doesn't like Robyn at all.

She thinks "Meri is a sweetie but she's just really busy now."

She likes Aurora.

Her favorite Brown is Ysabel and Christine.

Christine is doing amazing and loving her life and is the best.

• Like 3
  • Useful 7
  • Love 11
On 11/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, Tuxcat said:

Christine has admitted that she was unhappy even back in Lehi but yes I absolutely believe that Robyn is the catalyst for her deeper misery. Kody was in love with Robyn. It was obvious and clear. He was not in love with the OG-3.  And as time went on he attended to Robyn's every need. He was an attentive and involved father - while Christine, Logan and Aspyn raised the others.

All I can think about is how absolutely crushed Christine was when Kody gleefully announced that he picked out Robyn’s wedding dress, when the sister wives were led to believe it was a bonding activity for the four of them. Then there was the big traditional wedding when Truely was what, a month old, and Kody disappeared on his 10-day honeymoon. Robyn couldn’t even let Kody say goodbye to Meri (who I maintain he boinked the morning of). The writing was on the wall. Janelle was just…there.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3

On Patreon, Gwen is taking questions for her first reaction video. She's filming a reaction to episode one which will be out soon. I'm not sure if she's planning to do the entire season.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this! Can't figure it out. On the one hand, these kids are adults and they should have their voice and make that money if they can!

On the other hand, I hate the thought of children watching their parents emotional separation play out week by week- and then filming their reactions to it - in order to make money.

I'm glad she's making money and finding her way. I just hate that it's from this reality show drama and I can't see that this is psychologically healthy. So conflicted.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What is Patreon?  COL here.

Its a platform that allows a person (like Gwen) to have subscribers. Monthly subscription fees are based on different tiers of access. Lower fees and you're allowed to look at her posts and comments. Higher fees allow you to message her et cetera. She says she'll be posting Q and A's and videos.

If you google it and search Gwendolyn Brown you can see her levels.

People on reddit have subscribed and are reposting some of the content (which technically they shouldn't do) but that's how I found out about it.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 1

I suspect this is why she’s “filing her cup” with making money and online bragging. That seems to be the one way Meri can feel better about herself. To me, that only makes her look more desperate and alone. 

The bragging may make her look desperate and alone but the money-making is probably absolutely necessary. I think she is the only one of the bunch pulling in any significant income and is maybe the most likely of all the adult Browns to be able to survive financially after the show money is gone.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 11/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, Libby said:

The way I see it is, polygamy is not good, no way, no how for anyone involved.

Cristine was a cheerleader for polygamy while at the same time showing us that she had problems with the way that Kody was behaving once Robyn joined the family.

Christine deciding to leave was a slow process over years. I believe that she was honest. It was a slow process out of indoctrination and into freedom.

I'm very happy for her. It took a very long time for her to finally follow her feelings and break free.

I think Christine's tenacity in the Principle was in part because she wanted to please her dad. I can't remember the episode, maybe S15 or 16, she said her dad asked her  something to the effect of when would she get something out of the marriage. I know that's vague paraphrasing. 

I see another part of her journey influenced by her adult relationship with her mom. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So Gwen has seemingly confirmed (via an IG Live) that Janelle has left Kody too. That's incredible. And means at least two more seasons to get to and cover that, I'm guessing? I don't think Kody will be quite as dramatic about it because Janelle has always been pretty independent, but maybe his control issues will rise up to the occasion and make him throw a new tantrum. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, taragel said:

So Gwen has seemingly confirmed (via an IG Live) that Janelle has left Kody too. That's incredible. And means at least two more seasons to get to and cover that, I'm guessing? I don't think Kody will be quite as dramatic about it because Janelle has always been pretty independent, but maybe his control issues will rise up to the occasion and make him throw a new tantrum. 

I saw the same clip. I sure hope it’s true!! That leaves Kody and Robyn to figure things out once the show is cancelled (because let’s be real, Meri is a non-factor).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I saw the same clip. I sure hope it’s true!! That leaves Kody and Robyn to figure things out once the show is cancelled (because let’s be real, Meri is a non-factor).

They are all in serious trouble once the show ends. The MLM businesses that Meri, Janelle, and Christine depend on for their current lifestyles are dependent on the fan base they get from the show. Maddy and Mykelti are also going the MLM route. They're all screwed once they fade into the background after the show is gone. 

But I suspect the show has at least one more season. I believe they are still filming right now?

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

They are all in serious trouble once the show ends. The MLM businesses that Meri, Janelle, and Christine depend on for their current lifestyles are dependent on the fan base they get from the show. Maddy and Mykelti are also going the MLM route. They're all screwed once they fade into the background after the show is gone. 

IDK, MLMs have always existed and, honestly, kind of thrived, as dumb as it may seem to us. The fan base has already been established and if they're hooked on those products (however implausibly) they may continue to buy for years to come. (I mean how are people STILL buying LulaRoe with all the ripped/flamable products, lawsuits, bad press/documentaries? But they are.)

And if it's true that all the adults are only splitting like $40k a season now to film the show--$8K each isn't even as much as you'd make at a part-time job. I think they all have some accumulated wealth at this point, that will probably carry them for a few years. 

Edited by taragel
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The bragging may make her look desperate and alone but the money-making is probably absolutely necessary. I think she is the only one of the bunch pulling in any significant income and is maybe the most likely of all the adult Browns to be able to survive financially after the show money is gone.

I don’t disagree. She was smart to create a hustle, even if it’s a hustle that takes advantage of gullible people. Purchasing the B&B was smart also.

Meri, unlike Robyn, won’t need to depend on anyone once the show is over. I may not like Meri’s bragging, heavily filtered/photoshopped “catfish” photos and inflated ego, but she was very smart to do what she did. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I think that after all of Gwen's social media comments, Janelle really needs to make an announcement regarding her and Kody's relationship.

From what Gwen said, it's hard to be sure where Kody and Janelle stand.

While it seems that Gwen is saying they are split, she's a little hard to understand on this point.

Janelle should just clear it up one way or the other.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
12 minutes ago, Libby said:

I think that after all of Gwen's social media comments, Janelle really needs to make an announcement regarding her and Kody's relationship.

From what Gwen said, it's hard to be sure where Kody and Janelle stand.

While it seems that Gwen is saying they are split, she's a little hard to understand on this point.

Janelle should just clear it up one way or the other.

Yeah it’s not really clear. I just read an article about Gwen’s comments and how just “Robyn, Meri and Kody are together” now. She “thinks”.

Perhaps Janelle, seeing all the talking heads this season realises that Kody just isn’t worth it anymore. He looks for any excuse to remain at Robyn’s, all while denying that he favours her. The fact that he doesn’t want to stay in the trailer is weird — didn’t he grow up on a ranch? Wouldn’t he be used to field time and “discomfort”? He’s just making ridiculous excuses and they’re easy to see through. Maybe Janelle finally saw it and was like, fuck this. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Janelle doesn't have to make any announcement about her relationship with Kody until she's ready, for whatever reason. It's likely to be the center of next (hopefully last) season, which they're apparently filming now. I want her to leave but she doesn't owe me or anyone else an announcement, no matter what Gwen is saying about it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Gwyn never struck me as the brightest bulb in the chandelier, so I'm not totally surprised. 

There are several bulbs in the Brown chandelier that appear to be a bit dim.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why does Gwyn hate Paedon?

Just watching the show you get the sense that they easily butt heads, and there was one tiny tidbit on camera when some family was traveling to watch Hunter in his wrestling for State Championships. A driveway conversation was trying to figure out what cars were going and what people were going when Gwen decided that she didn't want to go, she wanted to stay home with Aurora....but "all about the family" Robyn put up every possible excuse why she didn't want to be saddled with Gwen. Christine dropped that her mother wouldn't always be around and that Gwen and Paedon could not be left alone together. At the time it just seemed like they were siblings that just picked at each other.

Relatively recently Paedon (when he was really milking the audience on TickTock) admitted that Gwen was frightened of him and wouldn't be around him ever. When he was a large man sized (he is 6'6" tall-2meters) 16 year old he "slapped" Gwen and now she is afraid of him. He is kinda taking responsibility for it, but when I watched his confession video I was not impressed. He came off as many adult bullies do that he didn't feel it was that big of a deal to be held accountable by Gwen this many years later.  However, yes, he admits that his bullying was from not having his needs met as a child, but if his victim does not want a relationship of any kind, that is their decision. I suspect WAY more than "just a slap" from a 16 year old to a 13 year old was all that happened for Christine to never allow them near each other and for Gwen to now refuse to say his name and to openly wish him harm.

In more recent history Paedon has stated on social media that "bi sexual" doesn't exist and he is very clear with his political thoughts and feelings. Gwen stated her bi sexuality on her social media several years ago and on camera just recently.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4

I think it's a blast wondering and hoping if Janelle has left the building,  er, um Kody. More fun for us to speculate and hunt for clues. 

Sad that Gwen and Paeden are not, at least, civil to each other. I'm 80% sure he joined the Morman Church (he was wearing a shirt with a cross on it in a recent picture). If he is religious and conservative, he may so disapprove of Gwen's bi-sexuality that he feels he cannot have any relationship with her. And she may feel his intolerance is a deal-breaker.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't know about Paedon, but Garrison joined the LDS mainstream church.  Someone posted a pic of he and a friend with their church garb.

I get the kids mixed up. It might have been Garrison I saw.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2022 at 12:49 AM, the-grey-lady said:

Straight shooter Gwen apparently has a Patreon, and a few leaks have come out.

She hates Robyn.

Also this gem about her father is...something.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 9.47.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 9.49.57 PM.png

Omg, just what I've been waiting for!!! I joined at $5/month immediately. She's working on editing a commentary video about Season 17, episode! I always hoped Gwen would do a Tell - All. Here it is! It looks like she created it 2 days ago and has almost 500 comments on her "Welcome" post alone. She's gonna have trouble keeping up with her schoolwork lol.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Sadly, I don't know that any of the Btowns, including the kids, know the meaning of the world truth.  Their lives have been before a camera where eveything is manipulated to fit the script.  It's a disgusting legacy that their parents left for them - say whatever will bring in the most money.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

So, if they lose the show, Kody’s income is just from the gun sales, right? I’ve read that might be limited, according to online a average ranges.  I would image that is rather concerning for him and Robyn, since they are seven people in the house, right? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, if they lose the show, Kody’s income is just from the gun sales, right? I’ve read that might be limited, according to online a average ranges.  I would image that is rather concerning for him and Robyn, since they are seven people in the house, right? 

I believe he also does Cameos though I don't know how much he actually makes from those. I don't think there are any other revenue streams of which we are aware. Maybe he will become a traveling wedding minister?

• LOL 15

Oh good grief. Of course Robyn is crying. And of course Meri says she feels distain from Christine. I'm so proud of Christine for her calm composure and stating what she wants and doesn't want. It's about damned time. Robyn wants a relationship with Christine after she moves. Really? I didn't see a whole lot of interest in having one while she was THERE.

This show is really crazy-making.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Libby said:

Christine tells Robyn flat out that Janelle is the only adult she wants to deal with once she leaves. I love this sneak peek. Good for Christine!

These gaslighting motherfuckers... Christine, you GO girl! And take Janelle with you!

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Libby said:

Christine tells Robyn flat out that Janelle is the only adult she wants to deal with once she leaves. I love this sneak peek. Good for Christine!

Like either one of them tried. Like Meri was too busy being a bitch and so was Robyn. And now they both care about their relationship with Christine? Bullshit. And where was all this worry during Covid or pre Covid? Those two have found away to make it all about themselves because they always have looked out for themselves and their kids. Those two should have worked on shit with their sister wife long before now. Quit acting like they are so devastated by this. Neither one of them are ever around Christine and her kids. So stfu and quit making it all about yourself. They both got what they wanted and now are like oh wait, oh shit....

They all did their own damage to Christine over the years and now they want to play like they were this happy family. Why would anyone want to be around people that damaged  you? Go get fucked.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 14