Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, eskimo said:

I thought someone here mentioned that he had to take his name off Christine's house in order to purchase his and Robyn's house.  Unless I misunderstood.   If so that was a massive blessing in disguise for Christine.  

Yes, I think that was the case. A mortgage company looks at all of one’s debts when considering whether or not to lend. Kody likely had too much debt to qualify for the big mortgage on his and Robyn’s house. Luckily for Christine, she didn’t need Kody’s permission to sell HER house.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, eskimo said:

I thought someone here mentioned that he had to take his name off Christine's house in order to purchase his and Robyn's house.  Unless I misunderstood.   If so that was a massive blessing in disguise for Christine.  

Kody transferred his interest in a warranty deed to Christine's home on August 28, 2020 for the sales price of $10 - around the time that the rumors started that they had separated, and around the time of Ysabel's surgery.  

He and Robyn bought Douche Manor for $890,000 in August 2019, took HELOCs of $150,000 in March 2020 and $130,000 in December 2021.  Their outstanding mortgage was $548,250 at the time of the 2nd HELOC.

• Useful 16
On 1/23/2022 at 12:55 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think Janelle has a home right now.  Her trailer has been put away for the winter and I think she's living with her son.

Meri allows nobody in her mcmansion!  That's only for Queen Meri!

So I get confused. Meri has a mansion. Robyn has a big mansion. Christine has sold her house. Why is Janelle homeless?

• Useful 4
27 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

So I get confused. Meri has a mansion. Robyn has a big mansion. Christine has sold her house. Why is Janelle homeless?

She was renting and the owner sold. I don’t know why she didn’t choose to buy or rent another house (no money, maybe)?

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

She was renting and the owner sold. I don’t know why she didn’t choose to buy or rent another house (no money, maybe)?

It's probably cheaper to buy the RV and then rent an apartment for the winter.  Even less than perfect rental homes in Flagstaff are expensive.  

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Kody transferred his interest in a warranty deed to Christine's home on August 28, 2020 for the sales price of $10 - around the time that the rumors started that they had separated, and around the time of Ysabel's surgery.  

He and Robyn bought Douche Manor for $890,000 in August 2019, took HELOCs of $150,000 in March 2020 and $130,000 in December 2021.  Their outstanding mortgage was $548,250 at the time of the 2nd HELOC.

"Douche Manor" 

😅

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

How do HELOCs work and how much of the $890k did they mortgage in 2019? Did they take out HELOC against their mortgage for extra cash on hand?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

How in the heck do they people continue to rob Peter to pay Paul and manage to stay ahead?? 

The Brown Family Financial Plan.  Obviously it's worked so far. 

Can't wait for the foreclosures. I'll bring the popcorn.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

How do HELOCs work and how much of the $890k did they mortgage in 2019? Did they take out HELOC against their mortgage for extra cash on hand?

They have cashed out the value of their home after their purchase.  They bought for $890K and their original mortgage was $667,500.  Now they owe a $550K mortgage, plus $280K in loans ($830K total).  Some articles say that the Zillow estimate for the house is $1.4M.  They'll probably bleed the appreciation until they are foreclosed upon, since neither Robyn nor Kody nor the adult children have any visible income outside of the show.

Christine bought her Flagstaff home for $525K with a $395K mortgage and sold it for $700K (+$175K).  And if she is a LulaNo trainer, she may be making about $100K annually.  (Don't trust me on the LulaNo estimates.  I'm not sure of her level or real figures of MLMs.)

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

They have cashed out the value of their home after their purchase.  They bought for $890K and their original mortgage was $667,500.  Now they owe a $550K mortgage, plus $280K in loans ($830K total).  Some articles say that the Zillow estimate for the house is $1.4M.  They'll probably bleed the appreciation until they are foreclosed upon, since neither Robyn nor Kody nor the adult children have any visible income outside of the show.

Christine bought her Flagstaff home for $525K with a $395K mortgage and sold it for $700K (+$175K).  And if she is a LulaNo trainer, she may be making about $100K annually.  (Don't trust me on the LulaNo estimates.  I'm not sure of her level or real figures of MLMs.)

Ohhh, now I understand. Thank you for explaining! Wow. That sounds like a pretty terrible way to live, but since it’s Kody, I am not at all surprised 😲 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Ohhh, now I understand. Thank you for explaining! Wow. That sounds like a pretty terrible way to live, but since it’s Kody, I am not at all surprised 😲 

As far as we know, Robyn has never declared bankruptcy.  That will be Kootie's Plan B when their money runs out. He's used it with Meri, Janelle & Christine already.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This. Autism is a spectrum for a reason. I have autism, know many others with autism and though we are similar in ways, we also differ a lot in the things that can affect us. Many of us can do fine on our own, but with challenges. 

I lacked social skills and still do to an extent, it has taken me years to learn to “read” people. I still don’t get jokes sometimes. Bright, blue-hued lights make me angry and unable to focus (and everyone seems to have them nowadays). I can’t stand gatherings with more than 4 people because all the talking causes me to be unable to hear anyone—and I don’t know when someone is speaking to me because I cannot maintain eye contact. Grocery stores and their bright lights force me to wear sunglasses. I can’t have lights on if I’m in an office (again, annoyingly bright lights neurotypicals seem to love). I use my own lamps in an office if possible. I hate driving but do it if I must. I succeed academically doing my own research, but have had difficultly in packed classrooms. 

These are some of my challenges. I can “get by“ socially, but it’s always problematic. I could never go on a road trip alone like Dayton did. 

All that explains me as well, Except the problem reading people. I can do that too well and it's just as difficult to internalize all the energies and BS

Edited by Mother of Odin
  • Useful 8

Ohhh, now I understand. Thank you for explaining! Wow. That sounds like a pretty terrible way to live, but since it’s Kody, I am not at all surprised 😲 

It is a terrible way, not just to live in the present, but in the future. For most people who own a home, it is their primary financial asset. Housing is also generally an individual/family's single biggest cost. If one buys a home earlier in adulthood, with a standard 30 year mortgage, you have your housing costs paid off by the time you retire, enabling you to live on a much lower monthly income than if you are paying rent or still paying off a home. This only works, though, if you don't take additional loans (mortgages) out on your house. 

I continue to think the Browns have a financial house of cards that is one charm-bracelet-and-a-dog away from complete collapse. I honestly don't see how they can avoid complete financial ruin sooner rather than later.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm not sure where this should go so I put it here. I saw this in a photo taken at an art gallery. Is that seriously a portrait of Kody in one of his checked shirts??

Screenshot 2022-01-24 144632.jpg

I have no explanation.  Lol I do still stand by my theory that Kody has a mysterious wealthy benefactor.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, JLaw said:

It is amazing how well so many of their kids are so well adjusted and have their shit together given the shitshow they live everyday

Cautionary tale. I guess the kids have seen enough. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I’m not surprised they do it this way as it is their modus operandi and it always sort of works. Until it doesn’t of course, which will happen eventually.

What surprises me most, is how they manage to keep qualifying. Or to put it more bluntly: How they manage to fool people to give them those loans. They don’t exactly live under the radar so their financial mess is out in the open. Or don’t these guys do any proper research before loans are approved?

• Love 10

Don't understand all of the mortgage stuff, but am left wondering about the future.  The dark queen and her eunuch have Sol and Social Lubricant to raise and hopefully send to college plus one of queen's daughters is still in high school I think. They all need to get jobs and  health insurance. With the exception of Truly,  Ysabel and Savannah, the unfavored 3 don't have nearly as many financial obligations. The gravy train may not be pulling out yet, but I don't think the interest this season has garnered will continue, unless Janelle leaves next season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

The wives, Kody, and Christine are now getting to the years where normally adults should be making enough money to invest in their retirement.   This crew hasn’t done that.   They have few homes owned between them and Robyn’s is heavily mortgaged.  I don’t think their adult offspring wants to pony up money to give these adults a luxury retirement .  Although Janelle  and Christine could possibly rotate through their own children’s  homes as they age.  There’s a real awakening coming when this show ends and another when they finally try to retire. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

What surprises me most, is how they manage to keep qualifying. Or to put it more bluntly: How they manage to fool people to give them those loans. They don’t exactly live under the radar so their financial mess is out in the open. Or don’t these guys do any proper research before loans are approved?

There are mortgage brokers that maintain a list of private investors willing to take on high risk mortgages.  They charge usurious rates of interest and the axe falls very quickly in the case of default.  The Browns may have been lucky so far that their property values have increased enough so there is some leverage to skip to the next lender just before foreclosure proceedings have been started.  

The only other explanation I can think of is that Kody's rumored business brings home a lot more income than we could imagine.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, BAForever said:

Don't understand all of the mortgage stuff, but am left wondering about the future.  The dark queen and her eunuch have Sol and Social Lubricant to raise and hopefully send to college plus one of queen's daughters is still in high school I think. They all need to get jobs and  health insurance. With the exception of Truly,  Ysabel and Savannah, the unfavored 3 don't have nearly as many financial obligations. The gravy train may not be pulling out yet, but I don't think the interest this season has garnered will continue, unless Janelle leaves next season. 

I tend to disagree.  I think the Browns are bringing intrigue  every season.  We had the Meri and Sam season, the selling the LV homes and moving season.  We had weddings and babies seasons and this season has been a real hummer with Christine moving on out!.  They surely have held my interest.

I'm betting a couple of ideas are floating around.  A new wife or build the McMansion out on Prairie Dog!

I think the Browns will come to an agreement in all things and mostly that the show must go on and those huge paychecks keep rolling in!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Is it correct that a man needs a minimum of 3 wives to get his planet?  If so, Christine leaving doesn't affect him at all in that regard. However it sure would give Meri and Janelle a little more leverage.  But since it appears they've already abandoned their own belief system I wonder if he thinks about or even cares about his own planet anymore.  Does he want monogamy with Robyn enough to give it up, or would he look for replacement wives?  This is what I want to know.  

Since we're just about at the end of this season,  how long till the next one comes out?  (I've been in-and-out with this show).  Are there two seasons a year, or just one?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, eskimo said:

Is it correct that a man needs a minimum of 3 wives to get his planet?  If so, Christine leaving doesn't affect him at all in that regard. However it sure would give Meri and Janelle a little more leverage.  But since it appears they've already abandoned their own belief system I wonder if he thinks about or even cares about his own planet anymore.  Does he want monogamy with Robyn enough to give it up, or would he look for replacement wives?  This is what I want to know.  

Since we're just about at the end of this season,  how long till the next one comes out?  (I've been in-and-out with this show).  Are there two seasons a year, or just one?  

I just don't really see him ever buying into the teachings of his faith. Isn't it true their church kicked them out for going public? I have a hard time remembering, but either way they've been removed from any church for a long time. I think he was a 20 year old kid who thought it would be cool to have a bunch of wives. If he gets a planet - even better but I don't know that he cares all that much about the afterlife part. The tv show "I'm the face of polygamy" fed into his show boaty attention grabbing idea of fame. Failing at polygamy would be embarrassing but now at 50 + he's exhausted from always being told he is wrong, or doing things poorly, and he just wants to sit at HIS home in HIS recliner. He's always whined about never having HIS home. Now he does.  And of course he will blame any failure - on the wives...

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I just don't really see him ever buying into the teachings of his faith. Isn't it true their church kicked them out for going public? I have a hard time remembering, but either way they've been removed from any church for a long time. I think he was a 20 year old kid who thought it would be cool to have a bunch of wives. If he gets a planet - even better but I don't know that he cares all that much about the afterlife part. The tv show "I'm the face of polygamy" fed into his show boaty attention grabbing idea of fame. Failing at polygamy would be embarrassing but now at 50 + he's exhausted from always being told he is wrong, or doing things poorly, and he just wants to sit at HIS home in HIS recliner. He's always whined about never having HIS home. Now he does.  And of course he will blame any failure - on the wives...

I believe 3 wives gets you to a certain level.  But if you have 7 I believe you become a god, or something like that.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I'm concerned that Kody is going to search for a new wife, only because he will pitch it to the producers to continue the show.  He doesn't want another wife, and it would be just horrible to bring on some new victim.  I will not watch that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Hopefully no one would be interested in him under the condition of he's loving only Robyn and they'd be only window dressing.  Although there's probably a famewhore or two around who'd pretend for a season or two on TV.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

I read a “news” story that Kody only spent the past holidays with Robyn and em. The other three spent with their kids, etc.  I guess that will be shown on next season that is filming now. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Absolom said:

Hopefully no one would be interested in him under the condition of he's loving only Robyn and they'd be only window dressing.  Although there's probably a famewhore or two around who'd pretend for a season or two on TV.

This right here. He wouldn’t have any problem finding more wives. Lots of people who, as stated, just wanna be famous. And then there are those who are probably lonely and naive and think this could be for them. (I guess if I was to pity any of potential mates, it’d be this category.) And of course there are all the just plain old weirdos who would do anything to be #5. They probably have pictures of Kody on their walls. Sad, but it happens. Kody is going to have no problem getting into the Celestial Kingdom!

• Love 9
On 1/19/2022 at 2:37 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I've never read the voice mails or text between them. 

Neither had I until this season when someone had posted it somewhere. I have had this show playing in the background for years. I hardly ever actually watched it because it was more fun to read about it on here and the old blogs. That said, I (sadly) feel like I could be a Sister Wives historian. I know way too much about them (cringe). Anywho, I never actually listened to the voicemails because I guess I just drew the line there. It just felt like too much of an invasion, plus knowing Jackie was a scammer just made me feel icky. (And this is coming from me, someone who seriously cannot stand Meri.)

Anywho, I broke and I listened to the VMs and it made me pity Meri. I was not expecting that. She was so desperate and so pathetic and so damn naïve. This is why I don’t believe she’s smart enough to manipulate Kody to the extent so many think. What we’re seeing is real. She will do anything to get back in Kody’s good graces. And he and Robyn know it. They are going to use her whenever suitable. She is once again too sheltered to pick up on it. And the audacity to post all those strong woman hear me roar tropes! Don’t get me started. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
44 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

Neither had I until this season when someone had posted it somewhere. I have had this show playing in the background for years. I hardly ever actually watched it because it was more fun to read about it on here and the old blogs. That said, I (sadly) feel like I could be a Sister Wives historian. I know way too much about them (cringe). Anywho, I never actually listened to the voicemails because I guess I just drew the line there. It just felt like too much of an invasion, plus knowing Jackie was a scammer just made me feel icky. (And this is coming from me, someone who seriously cannot stand Meri.)

Anywho, I broke and I listened to the VMs and it made me pity Meri. I was not expecting that. She was so desperate and so pathetic and so damn naïve. This is why I don’t believe she’s smart enough to manipulate Kody to the extent so many think. What we’re seeing is real. She will do anything to get back in Kody’s good graces. And he and Robyn know it. They are going to use her whenever suitable. She is once again too sheltered to pick up on it. And the audacity to post all those strong woman hear me roar tropes! Don’t get me started. 

I did not pity Meri. First, she was warned Sam could be fake and second, she lied about her role in this whole thing. She has attempted to distract from her part by bringing up other victims and even Mariah has said something along the lines of “I think she forgot I was there for the whole thing”. I just cannot feel sorry for such a fake, selfish, untruthful person. To this day she is faking her existence. 

Oh and this? This voicemail made me nearly want to puke— Meri awkwardly saying “baby” over and over again. Pretty sure Kody has heard all of these, given his demeanour towards Meri who, I suspect, hasn’t genuinely claimed any responsibility. I think she would deserve some pity had she been more honest about it. 

Edited to add: I don’t think Meri was “sorry” she did this, I think she was devastated “Sam” wasn’t real (even though she was told to watch out). So she had to go back to her miserable life after losing a huge gamble. I think she’s scared of leaving now and is still trying to win her way back into Kody’s heart as if this never happened, even though she was unhappy before. 

I do agree both Robyn and Kody know this about Meri. Meri is not the strong, “boss lady” she claims to be. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She has attempted to distract from her part by bringing up other victims and even Mariah has said something along the lines of “I think she forgot I was there for the whole thing”. I just cannot feel sorry for such a fake, selfish, untruthful person. To this day she is faking her existence.

Meri went so far as to drag Mariah along to Disney on the pretext of a mother/daughter trip, where it was arranged that they would just "happen" to run into Sam.  I have wondered if this was to assess how Mariah would react to her potential step-father. As it turned out, "Sam" was away cutting another million dollar deal and sent his trusted assistant "Lindsay" to take his place.

I understand Mariah's initial reaction to Meri, it was a contemptible situation to make a child complicit in the betrayal of her father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe 3 wives gets you to a certain level.  But if you have 7 I believe you become a god, or something like that.  

I wonder how many pairs of LuLuno leggings one must own to get to god of the hideous leggings level?

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 8
On 1/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, Sandy W said:

The old axiom. "offence is the best defense" applies here.  By Kody lashing out when challenged, he hopes to intimidate the other person to submission

Or he double-talks and gaslights the other person into just walking away, confused and hurt.  Or he makes rules and then secretly changes those rules and doesn't tell the other person.  Or he smack-talks his kids to his wives, and his wives to his kids.  Or he becomes unhinged and waggles his perm in rage and declares that he's going to hold his breath until everyone does things his way.  Etc., etc., etc. 

On 1/23/2022 at 1:31 AM, deirdra said:

Christine stays in hotels when she travels to help LulaNo failures sell off all of their remaining crap, so she could be anywhere. 

I remain stunned that Christine does so well with not only her own LuLaCrap, but crap that other people can't sell.  And yet Goodwill doesn't even want any of these rags in their stores because they have too many and they don't sell.  What magic spells does Christine cast on her customers?  It boggles the mind.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:49 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

It's probably cheaper to buy the RV and then rent an apartment for the winter.  Even less than perfect rental homes in Flagstaff are expensive.  

And what would be even cheaper?  Consolidate Robyn's spawn into a couple of rooms of the mansion and make some room for Janelle, Savanah and Meri.  You know, that one big happy fam'ly that Robyn dry-cries about every single episode?  That beloved fam'ly she wanted so bad?  Shoot, there are probably rooms in that place that Robyn has never even seen where Meri could shill LuLaRoe and Janelle could plug her Plexus.  Of course, we all know that Kody would spontaneously combust if any of his wives were ever forced to share a kitchen, but eventually they are all going to be squatting in tents on Plague Pond once this show goes off the air anyway - might as well get used to living in close quarters.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And what would be even cheaper?  Consolidate Robyn's spawn into a couple of rooms of the mansion and make some room for Janelle, Savanah and Meri.  You know, that one big happy fam'ly that Robyn dry-cries about every single episode?  That beloved fam'ly she wanted so bad?  Shoot, there are probably rooms in that place that Robyn has never even seen where Meri could shill LuLaRoe and Janelle could plug her Plexus.  Of course, we all know that Kody would spontaneously combust if any of his wives were ever forced to share a kitchen, but eventually they are all going to be squatting in tents on Plague Pond once this show goes off the air anyway - might as well get used to living in close quarters.

This could work out well for all concerned.  Meri could be assigned the role of nanny and housekeeper, those knicknacks don't dust themselves you know.  Janelle could be placed in charge of the kitchen, creating surprising delights with never before heard of vegetables and slipping Plexus into her recipes.  By adding Plexus to the menu, it may go a long way to remove the chronically constipated expression on Robyn's face and remove the FOS situation that afflicts Kody. 

• LOL 16
15 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm concerned that Kody is going to search for a new wife, only because he will pitch it to the producers to continue the show.  He doesn't want another wife, and it would be just horrible to bring on some new victim.  I will not watch that.

Oh, I'll watch the hell out of that!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
On 1/25/2022 at 7:18 PM, Sandy W said:

There are mortgage brokers that maintain a list of private investors willing to take on high risk mortgages.  They charge usurious rates of interest and the axe falls very quickly in the case of default.  The Browns may have been lucky so far that their property values have increased enough so there is some leverage to skip to the next lender just before foreclosure proceedings have been started.  

The only other explanation I can think of is that Kody's rumored business brings home a lot more income than we could imagine.

Thanks for explaining! It would  explain why they were in such a hurry to get out of Las Vegas! We speculated about missed mortgage payments or a huge balloon payment that was imminent back then. A sale would have taken the money lenders off their backs and a chance to start all over somewhere else (ideally a bit further away from said lender??)

As for your guess on Kody’s rumored business doing better than we think: Nobody is even sure about what he is doing. There are just dodgy references to businesses in his name. There are no websites either. I have tried to find a proper business, even through Daytons dodgy Linkedin. There is nothing…

So, I’m inclined to agree with Mahamid here: Douche mansion is an ATM. They’ll continue to pull money out of it until it’s empty. And then we’ll have another Kody-Eureka-Moment which will be about a move to New Mexico for reasons nobody understands. (I studied the map: they prefer to just move one state: Utah, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Arizona…. So it will be either California (too expensive) or New Mexico, so my money is on that)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Thanks for explaining! It would  explain why they were in such a hurry to get out of Las Vegas! We speculated about missed mortgage payments or a huge balloon payment that was imminent back then. A sale would have taken the money lenders off their backs and a chance to start all over somewhere else (ideally a bit further away from said lender??)

As for your guess on Kody’s rumored business doing better than we think: Nobody is even sure about what he is doing. There are just dodgy references to businesses in his name. There are no websites either. I have tried to find a proper business, even through Daytons dodgy Linkedin. There is nothing…

So, I’m inclined to agree with Mahamid here: Douche mansion is an ATM. They’ll continue to pull money out of it until it’s empty. And then we’ll have another Kody-Eureka-Moment which will be about a move to New Mexico for reasons nobody understands. (I studied the map: they prefer to just move one state: Utah, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Arizona…. So it will be either California (too expensive) or New Mexico, so my money is on that)

Doesn't Kody have something like 20 brothers and sisters? I am curious if any of them help them financially in any way. It's strange to me that we don't hear much about the adult's siblings. I am curious how large each of their core families really are.

• Love 2