Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: A Celebration of Life

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I thought Ms singer ‘whatever her name is’ choosing to sing a song with the first line about taking your clothes off was soooo inappropriate for a memorial get together. I’m okay about Kyle being gooey eyes over Ms Singer if it’s a real relationship but I’m cynical about Ms Singer getting airtime on this show being a driver. Ms Singer doesn’t seem to be into Kyle as much as Kyle is waaaaaay into her.

Maybe this is her only song, or maybe she just seized the moment to reel Kyle in, but either way singing about taking your clothes off and having sex on the kitchen floor (ewww) is just so cringeworthy and wrong at a Celebration of Life. This is about your friend Kyle, not about your infatuation with country singer girl. Kyle makes everything about her.

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I agree with everyone that Annemarie needs to leave Sutton alone. She's like a dog with a bone about an issue that's none of her business.

Nice to see Crystal speaking up! 

My heart goes out to Kyle for losing her best friend and so suddenly and tragically. I'm glad she has her girls and other friends to comfort her. 

Sounds like Garcelle realized she's not going to get through to Dorit. I don't blame her for wanting to move on. 

A lot of men love a "bubbly" woman. I don't expect Dorit to be as bubbly as she once was after dealing with trauma, having kids, and maybe having more responsibilities than she when she first met PK. She does sound like she's high maintenance though. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

All I could think of was The Brady Bunch, "Mom always said don't play ball in the house." 

Aacckkk, that is what my subconscious was reacting to, but I didn’t realize it until I read your post!!! Thank you! I grew up wishing I was a Brady.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I don’t know. The New York Times had a long article about Wade last year that goes into the relationship. Apparently Kyle and Wade have known each other for a few years, and Teddi is a mutual friend. When the rumors started it apparently messed up Wade and Kyle said she was sorry about that. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/15/arts/music/morgan-wade-psychopath-kyle-richards.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

I don’t know if nonsubscribers can access it, but it should be the “one free article” most news sites allow.

I still think, though, that this is doomed.

Didn’t click on, but “psychopath-kyle-richards” will always make me smile.

• LOL 12
15 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Who has a step and repeat at a celebration of life event? 

I thought it was first a fundraiser for NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) in honor of Kyle's friend Lorene.  Maybe "celebration of life" was a poor choice of words because it had been a year and there was most likely a gathering at the time.  Her family seemed grateful for the event to mark the anniversary.    Sutton certainly understood was NAMI is about and said something about being an existing supporter. 

So a step and repeat would be standard at a fundraiser with cameras present.  Morgan sang her latest song(?)  which I didn't think was a great choice but probably promoting new album???? Just guessing - not a reg listener of country music. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4

I have never heard the term 'step and repeat' so had to google it. I thought that maybe it was a new term for line dancing, and thought I had missed a scene of the guests line dancing to one of Wade's songs. Nothing would surprise me on this show. 

That said, I agree with others that Wade's song was highly inappropriate. Kyle must be madly in love not to have figured that out herself. I felt sorry for her friend's  daughters. The younger one seemed to be hanging out with Portia, so maybe close to her age? In any case while I have no doubt Kyle was trying to honor her friend, she missed the mark with the musical guest/selection. I think Sutton said she is an ambassador for NAMI. I wonder if she had the same feelings as many here have?

I loved PK calling Dorit out on her high maintenance, and the editors playing the scenes. It would not be hard to find many scenes over the years of Dorit's high maintenance, and it has nothing to do with PTSD. It would not surprise me if those two do not make it. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have never heard the term 'step and repeat' so had to google it.

Me too! I was thinking …how many others had to google it?

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

My doctor just told me that I have a small windpipe which is causing me some problems. Should I call Annemarie for a second opinion? 

Yes. You want someone that doesn’t know anything about your condition and who isn’t a doctor but says they are to tell you that something else could be causing your problem. It’s also good if they suggest you might have an eating disorder. But they didn’t say eating disorder. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
4 hours ago, Axie said:

The next time I have to go to a memorial service, I’m going to be extremely disappointed if no one is singing about having floor sex. 

I hope they do have a step and repeat for you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 16
(edited)
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t imagine losing a parent, child, or sibling to suicide. I would be sobbing for many, many months, if not years. My heart goes out to Sutton and Lorene’s families.

Sutton has been opening up about that now more. I figured her family didn't discuss her father's suicide, which is interesting given that her mother is a therapist.

What I hadn't known before was that Sutton was late in meeting with her father before he shot himself. I think I understand her in some ways even better because her guilt over that is palpable. She definitely understands what Lorene's family is going through.

I do feel sorry for Kyle over losing her longtime best friend. That would be extremely difficult to move forward from since it sounds like they complemented one another perfectly. It can be difficult to replicate that same feeling with someone else.

8 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

They always do. You’d think these clowns would learn. You can’t rewrite history with Bravo.

And we viewers are always grateful that the editors make sure we haven't forgotten it. 😂

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Garcelle is my favorite HW, but I had to agree with Dorit that Garcelle was totally shit stirring about the AnneMarie crap. I'm glad Sutton didn't taking the bait in that moment. It isn't worth the energy anyway.

That said it looks as if Crystal will be getting her "bitch on" for next week, and I'm here for it. I've been liking Crystal this season. 

• Like 9
27 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I do feel sorry for Kyle over losing her longtime best friend. That would be extremely difficult to move forward from since it sounds like they complemented one another perfectly. It can be difficult to replicate that same feeling with someone else.

Double if she feels like her husband isn’t being supportive.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

As much as Kyle frustrates me the way she does others here, my heart really breaks for her. I hope she and her sisters are able to put and keep any difference aside and just love one another. Life is too precious to fight with those you love. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I loved how they ended the ep with Garcelle talking about the finality of losing someone else. In her case, suicide wasn't involved, but her mother died. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

That said it looks as if Crystal will be getting her "bitch on" for next week, and I'm here for it. I've been liking Crystal this season. 

When you activate Crystal you know you’ve hit rock bottom. It takes a lot to piss her off but OMFG Annamarie conchita whatever her name is makes me realize Diana is not the worst one and done. This One will be. She adds no value and is literally stuck on an esophagus. Lord give me Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think Kyle and Mau's problems started long before her friend's suicide. Kyle was vacationing with Morgan months before. And Kyle said that I think it was three days before her friend died, she told Kyle to take care of her marriage. It was a few months later in the reunion in the fall of 2022 that Kyle's heart tattoo was mentioned. 

It does seem like she and Mau have been moving apart for awhile. Mau is interested in expanding his business globally. Kyle has mentioned that she never liked all the entertaining that his business entailed, and his expansion would ramp up that aspect a huge amount. She also mentioned on this episode that she would love to live outside LA where it is more peaceful and she has access to the kind of outdoor living she loves. 

Kyle turns 55 today (I just realized). I think it is an age that many women take stock of what they now want in life. And it isn't like Kyle has to work, she is wealthy enough to do whatever she wants.

This is a long winded way of saying, I don't know that it was so much a case of Mau not being supportive, but maybe Kyle not being receptive to that support any longer. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I thought it was first a fundraiser for NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) in honor of Kyle's friend Lorene.  Maybe "celebration of life" was a poor choice of words because it had been a year and there was most likely a gathering at the time.  Her family seemed grateful for the event to mark the anniversary.    Sutton certainly understood was NAMI is about and said something about being an existing supporter. 

So a step and repeat would be standard at a fundraiser with cameras present.  Morgan sang her latest song(?)  which I didn't think was a great choice but probably promoting new album???? Just guessing - not a reg listener of country music. 

When the fundraiser took place, it was entitled A Night of Music, so most likely explanation is that Morgan performed a set (Kyle had also mentioned that at the event Morgan shared some relevant stories from her own history/re. mental health), and production/their people decided to highlight the two songs they did. Both are from the first record, though, and the one with the age difference reference was Wilder Days, the song Kyle first heard by her that got her attention. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Garcelle is my favorite HW, but I had to agree with Dorit that Garcelle was totally shit stirring about the AnneMarie crap. I'm glad Sutton didn't taking the bait in that moment. It isn't worth the energy anyway.

Garcelle knew absolutely that Sutton wouldn't "take the bait" at such an event. She was just letting her know, as her real friend, that horse head was still down her throat. That's what Dorit didn't get.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Slakkie said:

When you activate Crystal you know you’ve hit rock bottom. It takes a lot to piss her off but OMFG Annamarie conchita whatever her name is makes me realize Diana is not the worst one and done. This One will be. She adds no value and is literally stuck on an esophagus.

Maybe she's what's trapped in Sutton's esophagus?

1 hour ago, politichick said:

Garcelle knew absolutely that Sutton wouldn't "take the bait" at such an event. She was just letting her know, as her real friend, that horse head was still down her throat. That's what Dorit didn't get.

Fair enough. Lol.

Garcelle is one of those people who prefers that what people are saying behind one another's backs be out in the open. 

Nothing wrong with that at all. Some might perceive it as shit stirring. I was, sort of, taking that stance in that moment. IRL, if someone spoke that way about my friend at an event, I would pull aside that friend and tell her what was said.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)

The Cleveland Clinic would disagree with Dr/NotDr AnneMarie:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/21456-esophageal-strictures

From the article:

"An esophageal stricture is an abnormal tightening of the esophagus. Esophageal strictures can limit or block food and liquid that’s traveling from the throat to the stomach. Swallowing is difficult and you feel food is stuck in your throat. GERD is the most common cause of strictures, but cancer and other issues can also cause them. A dilation procedure can widen the esophagus and reduce symptoms."

As I've shared on another post, I have this, and it's not only annoying, it can be frightening when a piece of food or a pill gets stuck in your esophagus.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

The Cleveland Clinic would disagree with Dr/NotDr AnneMarie:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/21456-esophageal-strictures

From the article:

"An esophageal stricture is an abnormal tightening of the esophagus. Esophageal strictures can limit or block food and liquid that’s traveling from the throat to the stomach. Swallowing is difficult and you feel food is stuck in your throat. GERD is the most common cause of strictures, but cancer and other issues can also cause them. A dilation procedure can widen the esophagus and reduce symptoms."

As I've shared on another post, I have this, and it's not only annoying, it can be frightening when a piece of food or a pill gets stuck in your esophagus.

I have it too but luckily not severe. It only happens occasionally so I never went to the doctor for it. Funny enough I was watching this episode while I was eating lunch (soup with rice in it) and it happened. I blame Fake Dr. Annemarie.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 9
  • LOL 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have never heard the term 'step and repeat' so had to google it. I thought that maybe it was a new term for line dancing.

Hahaha! The only reason I knew what it was is because Jill Zarin was complaining about them at one of her collaborations on the RHoNY. 
So I googled it just now, because I think it’s a stupid name. Turns out, I am the stupid one. I thought it was called Step & Repeat because people take a step to pose, the photographers snap a photo, and then the D-List celebrity repeats this until every photographer has snapped every photo he/she/they wanted. It’s actually Repeat because the logos and brands repeat on the backdrop. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 11
  • LOL 2

I’d like to know which scenes were filmed after the normal end of the season I understand they went back to filming to explore the Kyle and Morgan relationship. The celebration of life was odd. Did anyone notice that on the last episode when Kyle went to speak with her therapist, it appeared that she was discussing it with him for the first time? If it happened a year before and she was so torn up, I’m assuming she has discussed the suicide many times with her therapist. So that was a set up. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 4
19 minutes ago, nicole21290 said:

A lifetime of splits have prepared her for this moment. 🙏

Yes.  God willing and her knees don’t crack.

• LOL 7
(edited)
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If you have it at 10am, you will have it at 11am...why would you take more than one test?

Also, she said turned, not tested. She turned positive. As if she tested negative, but then tested herself again, and this time the result showed positive. And this happened three times. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I didn’t realize that Kyle is 55. She better hurry up and have all the floor sex she wants while she can still get up off the floor. Not to mention scissoring. Good knees don’t last forever.

The scissoring was totally  unnecessary,  was Kyle showing  off ? Whatever, she's obviously  morphing  into Morgan Wade, and doing all the things a man does when he's with a younger woman. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

PK thinks Dorit's PTSD is annoying because that robbery was a set up, I mean Dorit still has her jewelry so it looks suspect, they gently leave her phone by the gate and only take her bags, PK knows he married an idiot.  

I wonder if he has ever considered telling her the truth. Maybe if she knew that she and the kids were never actually in danger… But then I suppose the betrayal would probably cause an even more intense PTS. 

15 hours ago, dmeets said:

Translation: Morgan consistently tells Kyle that Kathy is a selfish bitch.

I love you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Thank you for saying that about suicide.  It's not something easily moved on from.  My husband of 29 years committed suicide in 2007.  I'm STILL dealing with it.  Certainly not like I WAS, but I went to counseling every week for 2-1/2 years.  Then I went monthly for about 2 more years.  After the show last night, my SIL (husband's sister) called me and asked how I was doing.  It was a LOT.  Just the whole step & repeat, the cameras, etc... I know I wouldn't have been able to do that.  I feel for her Mother and Sister who attended. With no note or anything to point to ( in ANY direction) it's just this squirrel wheel of why? why? and WHY?  Jesus.

I STILL have these "chase" dreams where I see Mr. Goofy somewhere.  On the street, in a store, at the beach... The possibilities are endless.  And HE NEVER SAYS A WORD.  He might be with other beloved family members who've passed, THEY will talk to me but Mr. Goofy is just over there, QUIET.

Whatever.  I didn't mean to blech all over this nutty forum. Just know this: Suicide is HARD. Suicide is FINAL.  If you're feeling really depressed, please open your mouth and TALK TO SOMEONE.  Just don't suffer so much silently and then GO.  PLEASE.

I'm sorry for your loss, GG. ♥️♥️♥️

Thank you for sharing your story of profound grief. I've never dealt with suicide in my own family, but I can't imagine how much the "What ifs?" weigh on the survivors. Sutton addressed that issue on the show. She's the person Kyle should talk to about how to work through the grief (outside of therapy). Garcelle holding Sutton's hand made me get emotional.

Hopefully this is a place where you are able to have a laugh or two.

I laugh out loud whenever I read these posts.

1 hour ago, Pattycake2 said:

I’d like to know which scenes were filmed after the normal end of the season I understand they went back to filming to explore the Kyle and Morgan relationship. The celebration of life was odd. Did anyone notice that on the last episode when Kyle went to speak with her therapist, it appeared that she was discussing it with him for the first time? If it happened a year before and she was so torn up, I’m assuming she has discussed the suicide many times with her therapist. So that was a set up. 

I'd like to know the same. We know they went back to film additional scenes, but there are moments where the ones shown seem out of order.

• Like 5
  • Love 5