Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: A Celebration of Life

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But to be fair She also admitted in the after show she only brought it up cause Kyle mentioned it earlier .. so she took it upon herself to just be a mouthpiece .. she did it on purpose and kinda admitted yes she was bringing it up the word just didn’t appear out of thin air 

why she has made this her hill to die on is anyone’s guess tho it’s stupid 

Yeah I noticed how AM, in the after show, has made it a SERIOUS point to say that it was Kyle who threw the first punch regarding ED. It's obvious in that scene that Kyle's tone suggested that she didn't buy Suttons esophagus explanation for why she doesn't eat alot. The crazy part is, as I watched Kyle throw out that point snidely, making it was obvious what she was doing but at the same time, to me, it was clear that she was rewrapping something she KNOWS is legit and chose to use it completely out of context in order to attack Sutton. That is what is so freaking terrible about Kyle. The random women in the room are just going to receive Kyle's spin at face value and have no reason not to and Kyle KNOWS that. Meanwhile the women on the cast are a bit taken aback because they don't quite grasp where Kyle is trying to go with that because they know AND HAVE WITNESSED Sutton struggling with it on occasion and even speak on it to each other in another scene. Either in that episode or the next. 

So AM is being pretty adamant about making it clear that it was Kyle's narrative. It still won't absolve her though because she was the dumb fuck who thought it was a good idea to challenge someone's medical issues so blatantly. I'm really not a fan of these women coming for a cast member using such tactics. I mean, drama and tomfoolery come with the territory I just wish that cruelty and hatefulness would not. Rinna was hateful. Erika is hateful. Kyle is hateful. I don't care what annoying character traits some of the other women have, their faults will never trump the hatefulness displayed by a certain few. So when Sutton gets flak for being odd, weird or not being able to read a room I don't bat an eye.  Garcelle is getting a bit sus to me but that's the reality show recipe so again not gonna clutch any pearls. But the hateful angle is where I draw the line. AM is hateful because she's overstepping bounds about something that she should have never been comfortable to speak on in the first place. That tells you how she rates herself to think she's someone of authority. Miss 8.5 herself fancies herself as something much more than her true 2.5 rating. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think this refers to Lisa Vanderpump talking about her brother's death by suicide but I was reminded of Kyle telling Sutton about Dorito's armed home invasion and Sutton equated it with her French designer stuck in customs or something equally ridiculous.  Erica feeling like she was Tom's victim rather than his real victims. 

Almost all these women are just thinking about themselves and their Rich People Problems, even when listening to someone else's real situations.  

IIRC, Sutton was very distracted during that conversation with Kyle — who came in the store with the intent to ambush, IMO — and Sutton later apologized. Then later, when Diana was going through her long miscarriage, Sutton’s miscarriage was downplayed.

So yeah, it’s all circular with these women.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think this refers to Lisa Vanderpump talking about her brother's death by suicide but I was reminded of Kyle telling Sutton about Dorito's armed home invasion and Sutton equated it with her French designer stuck in customs or something equally ridiculous.  Erica feeling like she was Tom's victim rather than his real victims. 

Almost all these women are just thinking about themselves and their Rich People Problems, even when listening to someone else's real situations.  

Personally I think Suttons reaction was based on being put on the spot by Kyle with the cameras rolling. 

Not everyone is camera ready for an emotionally jolting conversation. I'm the same way. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to be triggered by it. I am not ready to go into a full cry and emotionally distraught fit at the drop of a hat because someone has decided they want to have a "moment" with me without warning.

In that moment Kyle was making it about HERSELF with her crying and distress and emotional theatrics and I think Sutton was a bit thrown off by that. If it were Dorit in front of her having a moment then I think Sutton would have been able to pull it together enough to offer comfort but Kyle being the one needing comfort because she's so distraught over Dorit seemed like such an attention grab and I think THAT'S the reaction we saw from Sutton in that moment. 

Not to mention that Kyle seemed to be needing something from Sutton. I think Suttons bad taste reaction was her pushing back on Kyle piggybacking on Dorits trauma and trying to extract sympathy and attention from Sutton meanwhile Sutton ain't got time for it, and she's tells us why she doesn't. LOL. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/10/2024 at 10:30 PM, Pi237 said:

Looks like PK lost a lot of weight in his talking head. Look out, Dorit, he’s fed up with your high maintenance ways and glowing up for a younger model who’s less work. 

Kyle throws around alot of wink wink nod behavior for someone who doesn’t want anyone prying into her marriage or jumping to conclusions. I’d feel bad for her if she didn’t spend every season tearing someone apart with her ‘just tell the Truth!’ harassment.  

Her daughters are gorgeous tho! Funny how not one inherited her original nose?  Wish a wider nose wasn’t always something that needed to be ‘fixed’  the beauty standard keeps making them thinner. Hell, even brows were allowed to get thick for a while. 

Annamarie is the new gnat. 

All Mauricio and Kyle's daughters had Mauricio nose judging by old episodes and older photos, and had nose jobs (except for Portia who is 15) relatively recently. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 1/10/2024 at 8:27 PM, Straycat80 said:

Oh here we go with Dorito and her PTSD again. Time to go make a drink snack. 

When she said "PK doesn't understand my PTSD.", I Was yelling at the screen, "THAT'S BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU'RE FAKING!!!"  She's going to use that excuse to get what she wants for the rest of their lives.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
On 1/11/2024 at 9:11 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Anna Marie is really jockeying for worst new HW ever (and I thought no one would ever come close to Lizard Jenkins). She can go NOW. Perfect candidate for a one-and-done. She makes Teddi look interesting and Carlton look tolerable. What a nasty, lying bitch. I'm glad Crystal goes off on her next week. To start crap about Sutton OUT OF NOWHERE at what is essentially a funeral... GTFO. Have a seat lady, no one is here for you.

The Morgan Wade thing is totally scripted. She couldn't be less interested in Kyle. But man, poor Kyle - Mo should have been there. And he should NOT be messaging ladies on IG. I don't blame Kyle at all for being done if that's where his priorities are. 

Sutton has carried unhealed trauma most of her life. No wonder she's eccentric - I give her all the credit in the world if that's all that's gone awry after such a horrific event. The guilt after you lose a parent - for any reason - can be unbearable. Her circumstance isn't something I can really wrap my head around. 

Didn't miss EJ at all this week. 

Kyle said that women messaged Mauricio on IG, not the other way around. But she was annoyed anyway.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, swankie said:

When she said "PK doesn't understand my PTSD.", I Was yelling at the screen, "THAT'S BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU'RE FAKING!!!"  She's going to use that excuse to get what she wants for the rest of their lives.  

Not if PK gets his fill of it and leaves. Looks like he’s about 90% out the door as it is.

Damn if Dorit isn’t a needy person. She groveled after LVP and she’s groveling after Kyle. No reason to think her marriage hasn’t been any different.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
On 1/11/2024 at 9:07 PM, goofygirl said:

Thank you for saying that about suicide.  It's not something easily moved on from.  My husband of 29 years committed suicide in 2007.  I'm STILL dealing with it.  Certainly not like I WAS, but I went to counseling every week for 2-1/2 years.  Then I went monthly for about 2 more years.  After the show last night, my SIL (husband's sister) called me and asked how I was doing.  It was a LOT.  Just the whole step & repeat, the cameras, etc... I know I wouldn't have been able to do that.  I feel for her Mother and Sister who attended. With no note or anything to point to ( in ANY direction) it's just this squirrel wheel of why? why? and WHY?  Jesus.

I STILL have these "chase" dreams where I see Mr. Goofy somewhere.  On the street, in a store, at the beach... The possibilities are endless.  And HE NEVER SAYS A WORD.  He might be with other beloved family members who've passed, THEY will talk to me but Mr. Goofy is just over there, QUIET.

Whatever.  I didn't mean to blech all over this nutty forum. Just know this: Suicide is HARD. Suicide is FINAL.  If you're feeling really depressed, please open your mouth and TALK TO SOMEONE.  Just don't suffer so much silently and then GO.  PLEASE.

All the hugs to you. I lost my husband of 16 years to suicide three years ago. This was a very difficult episode and could not understand this "celebration of life". Sutton's telling of her father's suicide was especially hard to hear as my husband died by gun shot wound to the head down the hall from where I was sleeping. I don't know how Lorene's family consented to this. No way would I have consented to something like this for my husband. 

• Hugs 19
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Book Junkie said:

All the hugs to you. I lost my husband of 16 years to suicide three years ago. This was a very difficult episode and could not understand this "celebration of life". Sutton's telling of her father's suicide was especially hard to hear as my husband died by gun shot wound to the head down the hall from where I was sleeping. I don't know how Lorene's family consented to this. No way would I have consented to something like this for my husband. 

I am so sorry. Three years is recent. Thank you for sharing this with us, even though it is so painful. I hope that your loved ones understand that you still need them. The hurt continues for many, many years after the memorial service. 

• Love 9
On 1/18/2024 at 7:43 PM, Book Junkie said:

Oh Dear, Book junkie…  Please accept my belated hugs and sympathy to you for your very sad and traumatic loss. You wrote this on the 18th and here it is the 24th and I am seeing it for the first time. I did not see a Bolded heading of this thread notifiying that there was a new post, maybe because of all the upgrading, and other things the forum has been experiencing lately. 

Just know that our heartfelt sympathy and condolences are with you and that Goofygirl and myself are not happy that you too, are a member of the club nobody wants to be a member of.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
44 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Oh Dear, Book junkie…  Please accept my belated hugs and sympathy to you for your very sad and traumatic loss. You wrote this on the 18th and here it is the 24th and I am seeing it for the first time. I did not see a Bolded heading of this thread notifiying that there was a new post, maybe because of all the upgrading, and other things the forum has been experiencing lately. 

Just know that our heartfelt sympathy and condolences are with you and that Goofygirl and myself are not happy that you too, are a member of the club nobody wants to be a member of.  

Thank you, SassyCat. I've met some amazing people along the way and such kindness, even as we all wish we weren't in this club together. I'm so sorry your your loss. It sucks! But, I try to find something good.

• Hugs 4
  • Love 1

I really, really wanted to have an open mind about this "Celebration of Life" and its inclusion as part of an episode of Real Housewives. I believe that Kyle was feeling real, raw grief about her friend's death -- it doesn't matter that it was a year later. The fact that Lorene's family was seemingly involved made this event feel somewhat better. I could see the reasoning that RHW is a platform, and that including this on the show, along with the information for NAMI, could potentially help others who are struggling. So, I see all of that.

But then.... Morgan Wade got up on stage and... played a song about sex??? What the WHAT. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 1/12/2024 at 2:36 PM, Surrealist said:

Wow. I wasn't expecting her to say this, and it makes the whole situation look much worse.

Which is sh@@ty of Kyle.  But still doesn’t explain why a medical “professional” would repeat it.  She should know better.

• Like 2