Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: A Celebration of Life

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I also thought Sutton was horrified by publicly simulating sex acts? She was laughing it up. 

Her ex-husband had just told her that he was moving to London. She knew their lawyers would be preparing for a new negotiation with regard to custody. She didn’t want to involve herself in any activity that might negatively affect her case in court. 

Also, in my opinion, a mouth so close to the naughty bits seems more intimate and graphic.

• Like 18
  • Applause 4
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Her ex-husband had just told her that he was moving to London. She knew their lawyers would be preparing for a new negotiation with regard to custody. She didn’t want to involve herself in any activity that might negatively affect her case in court. 

Also, in my opinion, a mouth so close to the naughty bits seems more intimate and graphic.

I agree. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Annemarie is one of the worst housewives ever I think, has to be top 10 at least. She’s an annoying little pissant lol. I hope she’s not back next season.

Garcelle holding Sutton’s hand was sweet.

I feel for Kyle. One of her best friends committing suicide makes all her life changes make sense really.

I love Crystal calling out stupid Annemarie can’t wait for next week. Annemarie is a joke.

Phew only like 5 seconds of Teddy. I was worried there for a sec when she showed up lol.

Garcelle’s kids are 16 I’m sure they know all about sex. Hopefully she’s not actually that naive.

Morgan Wade’s music is not my cup of tea but her saying Kyle has a gigantic pinky made me laugh lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Marley said:

Phew only like 5 seconds of Teddy. I was worried there for a sec when she showed up lol.

….

Morgan Wade’s music is not my cup of tea but her saying Kyle has a gigantic pinky made me laugh lol.

She called herself a gnat and then buzzed away!

That was awesome!  Man hands!

When did the scissoring happen??  I missed that.

The best was seething with jealousy Dorit, saying that Morgan stuck out like a sore thumb.  WOW I’m sure Kyle did not appreciate that.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

The lady with the long blond hair that walked Kyle's bags out to the car or wherever looked like the exact same person who showed Alexia and Frankie the apartment in Miami. Could it be the same person? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

She called herself a gnat and then buzzed away!

That was awesome!  Man hands!

When did the scissoring happen??  I missed that.

The best was seething with jealousy Dorit, saying that Morgan stuck out like a sore thumb.  WOW I’m sure Kyle did not appreciate that.

Also we get to hear Teddi admit that Kyle’s enormous pinky ring would probably not even pass over her knuckle.

Dorit enthusiastically leapt to the ground to let Kyle scissor her I think not long after Kyle asked everyone if they would ever be with a woman.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Sutton’s mother was a therapist, but didn’t want to discuss with Sutton her father’s suicide?

Anecdotal but this occurred to me. I have a friend whose husband is a marriage counselor. Their marriage has been awful for many years, and he is unwilling to really talk about it or even go to marriage counseling. She's come close to leaving him a few times. I've known a few other people who were therapists but had troubled personal lives, so maybe some of them don't do as well with their own families?

Isn't there another woman on one of the HWs shows who is a therapist and yet seems like a narcissist and/or really lacking in self-awareness? I think it's one of the HW's mothers. 

16 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I still can’t help looking at this pic. The kid, 🤣. At first I thought it was a young Portia.

Shows what good plastic surgery Kyle has had for the most part. She looks better now. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

Here is the thing about Annemarie. If I was doubting what Sutton told me, hell yeah I would be asking doctors about it at work. lol  But I would keep it to myself and just roll my eyes (not really ...in my head) if I didn't believe Sutton whenever it was mentioned. What can be gained from bringing it up? Just drama or an opportunity to intimate Sutton is a liar.

PK must have been on ozempic train. He looks thin in that talking head. Seems he really does not like his wife now. 

• Like 13

I wish Sutton would tell AnnMarie to "Let the mouse go," now more than ever that line would be great to hear again.

I don't hate Teddi, she is meh to me but I cannot listen to her podcast, it is painful to listen to especially when she reads commercial copy.  Maybe producers thought she would start something or be the reason that some crap happens at the COL.  I do not remember Teddi getting the nick name, "gnat."

26 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

so maybe some of them don't do as well with their own families?

Definitely did not do well in my husbands family his father was a psychiatrist and now nobody is talking to anybody and I am the one in the middle hearing it from all sides.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Anecdotal but this occurred to me. I have a friend whose husband is a marriage counselor. Their marriage has been awful for many years, and he is unwilling to really talk about it or even go to marriage counseling. She's come close to leaving him a few times. I've known a few other people who were therapists but had troubled personal lives, so maybe some of them don't do as well with their own families?

Isn't there another woman on one of the HWs shows who is a therapist and yet seems like a narcissist and/or really lacking in self-awareness? I think it's one of the HW's mothers. 

Shows what good plastic surgery Kyle has had for the most part. She looks better now. 

I think Candiace's (RHOP) Mother is a therapist but her relationship with Candiace (at some point in the past) was rather... unhealthy.  I think they are better now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Goofy girl, in case you did not understand what I meant because I find it very hard to use the word suicide or “committing” it.. yes that’s what I meant when I was referring to my 26 yr old son in 2015.

It completely shatters the closest people left behind. In a way, kills them, too. Dead men, but still standing.

I have heard it referred to as being like a suicide bomber, because it affects those closest to them in varying concentric circles according to how close the relationship is with that person who decided to leave. That is so very true. It completely takes out the closest people next to them, the family, parents, spouses, siblings, offspring are left completely shattered.

In the next concentric circle …the closest friends of that person (this is where Kyle’s position is with her friend), it devastates them. They are very deeply wounded.

Then the close acquaintances are left with the pain and shock of the shock waves, and so on and so forth down the line according to closeness of relationship to that person.

It is so very true and Kyle, being her very close friend from childhood, I am sure was completely devastated by this. She now finds herself having to deal with being emotionally devastated and trying to figure out how to get back to feeling how she used to be, before this happened, and being the happy person she once was… again.

For those closest, in the first concentric circle, the family, (such as yourself being the wife) who were literally taken out with them, but are still alive, have to continue on living, now with the deep wounds they left you with. It is a looong rode to healing and integrating the shattered self you now are, into the old you, the regular happy normal person you were before this happened. Trying to become whole again while having to figure out where this new (suffering) you is going to be put, because you certainly cannot put it down somewhere and walk away from it and avoid the shattering emotional pain. It’s like you grew another arm, or leg or head you don’t know what to do with but can’t be amputated. It’s there. Forever. No escaping it. 

You have to now integrate the 2 yous back into one whole you with (hopefully) the old you, the happy one you used to be, as the prominent one. To make that the stronger one of the two sides of the same coin you suddenly now are. 

Another analogy can be that now you are left with a huge amount of emotional baggage, starting at the size of a steamer trunk that you haul around with you from then on and hopefully whittle down to the size of a suitcase. You carry this heavy suitcase every single day. At night when you go to sleep you put the suitcase down and escape its weight for a while but then in the morning when you wake up it is there and you have to pick it up each day… because it is now a part of you. As time goes on it varies. Somedays that suitcase is very heavy, and some days it can be pretty light. 

I am hoping your suitcase becomes lighter and lighter each day you wake up to face a new day of hauling it around.

So now that my guts are all laid out for all to see, I really hope this helps you Goofy… I am doing ok now. I had to accept there is no escaping the other me, the shattered one I now also am, and accept and integrate the incredible pain into the old me, yet have the old me, the happy one, be the predominant me in order to “carry on”. 

I can say that not trying to escape that pain and allowing myself to fully feel and accept its inescapable reality, has helped me move on to the point where my daily picking up of that suitcase at the end of my bed that I must lift each new day, it has definitely become a much lighter load. Someday I hope it is just reduced to carry-on luggage sized. And yes.. it is as complicated as it sounds to those reading this, but I write these words for Goofy Girl with complete understanding of her painful journey and hopes that my words, somehow helped you. ♥️♥️♥️😘

Thank you for describing this. You are a sensitive, caring, and eloquent poster.

And you made me cry. 

As Garcelle did, when she spoke of the finality. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Thank you for describing this. You are a sensitive, caring, and eloquent poster.

And you made me cry. 

Thank you very much Hoodooznoodooz. I appreciate your words ♥️

• Love 5
(edited)

Since her personality sucks, her husband sucks, everything so far sucks about her, I have to say:  AMW is fug.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. i wouldn't want watch anyone simulating oral sex on anyone, particularly Erika.  

1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

Goofy girl, incase you did not understand what I meant because I find it very hard to use the word suicide or “committing” it.. yes thats what I meant when I was referring to my 26 yr old son in 2015.

It completely shatters the closest people left behind. In a way, kills them too. Dead men, but still standing.

I have heard it referred to as being like a suicide bomber, because it affects those closest to them in varying concentric circles according to how close the relationship is with that person who decided to leave. That is so very true. It completely takes out the closest people next to them,,, the family, parents, spouses, siblings, offspring are left completely shattered.

In the next concentric circle …the closest friends of that person (this is where Kyles position is with her friend), it devastates them. They are very deeply wounded.

Then the close acquaintances are left with the pain and shock of the shock waves, and so on and so fourth down the line according to closeness of relationship to that person.

It is so very true and Kyle, being her very close friend from childhood, I am sure was completely devastated by this. She now finds herself having to deal with being emotionally devastated and trying to figure out how to get back to feeling how she used to be, before this happened, and being the happy person she once was… again.

For those closest, in the first concentric circle, the family, (such as yourself being the wife) who were literally taken out with them, but are still alive, have to continue on living, now with the deep wounds they left you with. It is a looong rode to healing and integrating the shattered self you now are, into the old you, the regular happy normal person you were before this happened. Trying to become whole again while having to figure out where this new (suffering) you is going to be put, because you certainly cannot put it down somewhere and walk away from it and avoid the shattering emotional pain. Its like you grew another arm, or leg or head you dont know what to do with but cant be amputated. Its there. Forever. No escaping it. 

You have to now integrate the 2 yous back into one whole you with (hopefully) the old you, the happy one you used to be, as the prominent one. To make that the stronger one of the two sides of the same coin you suddenly now are. 

Another analogy can be that now you are left with a huge amount of emotional baggage, starting at the size of a steamer trunk that you haul around with you from then on and hopefully whittle down to the size of a suitcase. You carry this heavy suitcase every single day. At night when you go to sleep you put the suitcase down and escape its weight for a while but then in the morning when you wake up it is there and you have to pick it up each day… because it is now a part of you. As time goes on it varies. Somedays that suitcase is very heavy, and some days it can be pretty light. 

I am hoping your suitcase becomes lighter and lighter each day you wake up to face a new day of hauling it around.

So now that my guts are all laid out for all to see, I really hope this helps you Goofy… I am doing ok now. I had to accept there is no escaping the other me, the shattered one I now also am, and accept and integrate the incredible pain into the old me, yet have the old me, the happy one, be the predominant me in order to “carry on”. 

I can say that not trying to escape that pain and allowing myself to fully feel and accept its inescapable reality, has helped me move on to the point where my daily picking up of that suitcase at the end of my bed that I must lift each new day, it has definitely become a much lighter load. Someday I hope it is just reduced to carry-on luggage sized. And yes.. it is as complicated as it sounds to those reading this, but I write these words for Goofy Girl with complete understanding of her painful journey and hopes that my words, somehow helped you. ♥️♥️♥️😘

I'm so sorry you and Goofy Girl have to go through such grief.  I cannot imagine.  Hugs to you both.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Thank you Boo Boo. Very much 💜

I'm truly amazed by what you wrote and you seem like the epitome of strength and grace.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm truly amazed by what you wrote and you seem like the epitome of strength and grace.

Oh Boo Boo… you are so kind and your words, I only hope I can live up to,, and actually be what you have described me as. I certainly do not feel that, is me. Heehee. Someday hopefully I will be able to really feel that this is so. 

Thank you so much. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorit enthusiastically leapt to the ground to let Kyle scissor her I think not long after Kyle asked everyone if they would ever be with a woman.

I missed that!  Of course Dorit did that, uugh.

• Like 1

I picked up on a lot of eagerness from Dorit this episode especially, trying to get Kyle's attention. I noticed when she entered the celebration of life event, she looked like she wanted to have a good hug and heartfelt exchange with Kyle, and Kyle simply said, "thanks for coming" and briefly hugged her and moved right away on. Dorit looked a little rejected and embarrassed. I don't think Kyle likes Dorit that much. 

Dorit's eagerness to scissor with Kyle was at first surprising to me, but then I got it once I realize she's trying really hard to get Kyle to "like her." But unfortunate when Dorit said "that's how rumors start" referencing the sharing of the cantaloupe. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I picked up on a lot of eagerness from Dorit this episode especially, trying to get Kyle's attention. I noticed when she entered the celebration of life event, she looked like she wanted to have a good hug and heartfelt exchange with Kyle, and Kyle simply said, "thanks for coming" and briefly hugged her and moved right away on. Dorit looked a little rejected and embarrassed. I don't think Kyle likes Dorit that much. 

Dorit's eagerness to scissor with Kyle was at first surprising to me, but then I got it once I realize she's trying really hard to get Kyle to "like her." But unfortunate when Dorit said "that's how rumors start" referencing the sharing of the cantaloupe. 

Please everyone! Do not let my serious tone I posted earlier stop the snark-a-thons progress!

Hey… what about that Dorit jumping up at the speed of light to ensure no one else does before her and possibly miss out on the chance to display the scissors technique Kyle wanted to show the others.

That was SO NOT Dorit’s style! It was so far from the personality Dorit has always presented that it was an obvious act of desperation to get back into Kyles good graces and friendship. 

Dorit seems to really be lost and floundering and is someone I am worried about actually. Since she appears to have no other close friendships and has identified as Kyles bestie for years. It looks like it is Dorits world that is crumbling around her, also.

Not much strength can be built upon a foundation of brand labels, pretense, and shallow interests. Kyles world is getting real and Dorit doesn’t know anything about being real. At least from what I have seen. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
(edited)

“Always appreciate your marriage.”

I am going to post this with a spoiler tag, because I sincerely do NOT want to offend anyone. I do NOT want to dishonor Lorene. Only read this if you can imagine a hypothetical. I do NOT want anyone to think I am disrespecting Lorene or Lorene’s family. Thank you.

Spoiler

Hypothetical:

Because this is, after all, a Bravo show, Mau starts cheating with someone in Kyle and Mau’s circle of friends. This goes on for months. This woman falls deeply in love with him. He tells her that he loves her.

Just as with Scandoval, he promises that he will end his marriage. 

This continues for several more months.

Desperate, she gives him an ultimatum. He reluctantly admits that he could never leave Kyle. She is the mother of his children. He could never blow up his kids’ lives like that. Kyle needs him. (And optics for The Agency would be significantly detrimental.)

Kyle senses something is up. She corners him and puts him on the spot. “Who is she?!? Who is she?!?” He has no poker face. “She’s someone I KNOW?!?” 

The mistress is inconsolable and heartbroken, but eventually gives Kyle some advice.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3
  • Useful 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Dorit seems to really be lost and floundering and is someone I am worried about actually. Since she appears to have no other close friendships and has identified as Kyles bestie for years. It looks like it is Dorits world that is crumbling around her, also.

She does seem to be going through a difficult time. Her marriage doesn't look good now. PK seems fed up with her. 

I don't like Kyle but understand how much Lorene's death has affected her. I have never had a friend that long. I wish she hadn't made the COL about herself though. That is how it came off to me. Maybe it was different for people who were there in person. I wouldn't do something like that on a reality show with cameras everywhere. 

I wonder what happened to make Lorene so depressed. I read a few stories that made it sound like her depression hadn't been going on that long. It makes me wonder if an event prompted it. It's tragic. One of the stories said Kyle and Kathy reconciled after Lorene died. Obviously it didn't last long. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
On 1/12/2024 at 9:58 AM, Starlight925 said:

That scissor kick demo was cringey.  

Apparently, Morgan what's-her-name's song was about sex on the floor, which I only gathered from reading these posts, as I couldn't understand a word she sang.  I have perfect hearing (recently audiologist checked), yet she mumbles her words and sings like Marlon Brando in The Godfather.

How many therapists do house calls?  Such an obvious setup. 

If I hear "bubba" one more time, I'll hurl.

That is all!

A “scissor kick” happens in a swimming pool. A “scissor” happens when you’re swimming in the “lady pool” 😉 And it WAS awkward and cringey.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
On 1/10/2024 at 7:48 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Who has a step and repeat at a celebration of life event? 

I was sadly not shocked at it.  I should been, but considering it was Kyle…..

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I was sadly not shocked at it.  I should been, but considering it was Kyle…..

I am thinking maybe I should go in to a Step and Repeat business for funerals, shiva houses, getting fired from your job...you know ordinary life stuff you never think about as being sponsored.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 13

Annemaire is annoying. She is struggling to be relevant... but by having some else's health issues be her "die on the sword" moment, she just comes off as a desperate harpy. Who cares? Why does she insist on bringing it up EVERYWHERE? She needs to get a life and have some grace.  Her obsession is disturbing. I have no interest in continuing to see her in the RHOBH franchise. Bad casting.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am going to post this with a spoiler tag, because I sincerely do NOT want to offend anyone. I do NOT want to dishonor Lorene. Only read this if you can imagine a hypothetical. I do NOT want anyone to think I am disrespecting Lorene or Lorene’s family. Thank you.

Reveal spoiler

Hypothetical:

Because this is, after all, a Bravo show, Mau starts cheating with someone in Kyle and Mau’s circle of friends. This goes on for months. This woman falls deeply in love with him. He tells her that he loves her.

Desperate, she gives him an ultimatum. He reluctantly admits that he could never leave Kyle. She is the mother of his children. He could never blow up his kids’ lives like that. Kyle needs him. (And optics for The Agency would be significantly detrimental.)

Kyle senses something is up. She corners him and puts him on the spot. “Who is she?!? Who is she?!?” He has no poker face. “She’s someone I KNOW?!?” 

The mistress is inconsolable and heartbroken, but eventually gives Kyle some advice.

I have had the EXACT same thoughts.  Been sitting on them but relieved I am not the only one.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am thinking maybe I should go in to a Step and Repeat business for funerals, shiva houses, getting fired from your job...you know ordinary life stuff you never think about as being sponsored.

Need a business partner?  HA!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I have had the EXACT same thoughts.  Been sitting on them but relieved I am not the only one.

Oh, thank you for telling me. It would be incredibly sad and tragic. But I keep hearing more and more about Big Kathy and Kim and Kyle’s family. Shocking. 

• Like 1
(edited)
On 1/12/2024 at 9:03 AM, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

If anyone watches the after show, Anne Marie said that Kyle had told her Sutton had an eating disorder and that is why she was questioning her. So AM is burning Kyle for this; she won’t be around for long.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:07 PM, sistermagpie said:

So weird, then, that she never ever said anything at all about eating disorders on the show at all. Like she never gave a hint of a suggestion that Sutton had an eating disorder that she was figuring out based on the way she talked about her esophogus! 

To be honest I totally see what happened there. I can't stand AM but she is pretty much explaining that Kyle's mention of seeing Sutton push her food around her plate and talk about a narrow esophogus, to her, pretty much suggested that Sutton has a eating disorder. THIS goes along the mechanics of how Kyle operates. That moment when Kyle pulled that out of her ass was so random but at the same time very well placed. She IMPLIES with just one comment in a room with people who don't know Sutton, mainly AM, so that the simplest conclusion can be jumped to by those who don't know about Suttons condition.

Notice how Kyle still doesn't clarify and walk back any of that to AM once she realizes that AM is pretty much deducing that Sutton has an ED. Kyle continues to have raised eyebrows discussions about Suttons "imagined" narrow esophogus in order to keep AM on the case. AM has mishandled it though because instead of running with the baton and questioning whether the diagnosis is being used as a cover up for ED, AM went and challenged whether or not the condition even exists at all. AM fumbled the ball. What Kyle needed her to do was just be skeptical about whether that was the real reason for her pushing her food around. AM was supposed to challenge whether Sutton really had the condition and not the existence of the condition itself. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Oh boy, I sure hope the women stop taking that Ozempic. Before it’s too late to prevent long term damage. Diarrhea forever? Puking till your teeth fall out? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12952757/Ozempic-Novo-Nordisk-lawsuits-gastroparesis-stomach-paralysis.html

Unless someone needs to lose a ton of weight ASAP due to health reasons, I don't think it's a good idea to take Ozempic, not worth the side effects. Erika and Kyle both denied taking it, right? Neither woman was ever overweight. They both looked absolutely beautiful with some meat on their bones too. Being a size 0 may feel sexy to them now, but diarrhea forever, not so much. 

1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

To be honest I totally see what happened there. I can't stand AM but she is pretty much explaining that Kyle's mention of seeing Sutton push her food around her plate and talk about a narrow esophogus, to her, pretty much suggested that Sutton has a eating disorder. THIS goes along the mechanics of how Kyle operates. That moment when Kyle pulled that out of her ass was so random but at the same time very well placed. She IMPLIES with just one comment in a room with people who don't know Sutton, mainly AM, so that the simplest conclusion can be jumped to by those who don't know about Suttons condition.

Notice how Kyle still doesn't clarify and walk back any of that to AM once she realizes that AM is pretty much deducing that Sutton has an ED. Kyle continues to have raised eyebrows discussions about Suttons "imagined" narrow esophogus in order to keep AM on the case. AM has mishandled it though because instead of running with the baton and questioning whether the diagnosis is being used as a cover up for ED, AM went and challenged whether or not the condition even exists at all. AM fumbled the ball. What Kyle needed her to do was just be skeptical about whether that was the real reason for her pushing her food around. AM was supposed to challenge whether Sutton really had the condition not that the condition itself. 

Kyle has open about her own eating disorder and body image issues. You'd think she'd be more sensitive about this topic. But then again, she was incredibly insensitive when Sutton spoke about her miscarriages and the scare of one of her kids going to England, so I guess she's consistent with lack of sensitivity toward Sutton. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Oh, I totally believe that Kyle primed her to think Sutton had an ED. I even get what Ann Marie was trying to do when she claimed she "didn't say eating disorder." She was trying to say that she was just mentioning that EDs could cause a problem with your esophagus and didn't at all imply that Sutton had one.

But that's just both of them together trying to create an eating disorder for Sutton while pretending they didn't. 

• Like 7
On 1/13/2024 at 1:54 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Also we get to hear Teddi admit that Kyle’s enormous pinky ring would probably not even pass over her knuckle.

Dorit, needy and insecure woman that she is, would do anything Kyle would ask. Especially now.

On 1/13/2024 at 6:38 PM, heatherchandler said:

I missed that!  Of course Dorit did that, uugh.

It was at the Ojai picnic, after Kyle asked — out of the blue — if any of them would be with a woman.

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Unless someone needs to lose a ton of weight ASAP due to health reasons, I don't think it's a good idea to take Ozempic, not worth the side effects. Erika and Kyle both denied taking it, right? Neither woman was ever overweight. They both looked absolutely beautiful with some meat on their bones too. Being a size 0 may feel sexy to them now, but diarrhea forever, not so much. 

Kyle has open about her own eating disorder and body image issues. You'd think she'd be more sensitive about this topic. But then again, she was incredibly insensitive when Sutton spoke about her miscarriages and the scare of one of her kids going to England, so I guess she's consistent with lack of sensitivity toward Sutton. 

The Housewives should never have been on Ozempic since it is for people that have Type 2 Diabetes and they didn't even need to lose weight! Of all people, Kyle should not even be willing to take something like that with her ED issues in the past, but I guess nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 

That being said, I took Ozempic last year but got switched to Mounjaro (I'm diabetic). I do not have these issues with diarrhea, if anything I have the opposite problem since the meds slow down digestion.

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Hugs 6
  • Useful 4

The ONLY thing I liked about Erika, and I stress ONLY, was that she was the only HW who actually ate and seemed to enjoy her food as well as having shapely feminine curves.  Being stick thin when you’re aging is not good.  Old Skin creases easily without that layer of fat and if and when you get sick weight drops off fast.  You need a wee bit of padding as you age.

I know, cos I’m old.

• Like 13
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
On 1/14/2024 at 5:45 PM, Natalie68 said:

I can't stop thinking about it now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’s very upsetting. I don’t want to break any rules here. But it could not possibly get any worse for the families. 

I DM'd you. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

The Housewives should never have been on Ozempic since it is for people that have Type 2 Diabetes and they didn't even need to lose weight! Of all people, Kyle should not even be willing to take something like that with her ED issues in the past, but I guess nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 

That being said, I took Ozempic last year but got switched to Mounjaro (I'm diabetic). I do not have these issues with diarrhea, if anything I have the opposite problem since the meds slow down digestion.

THIS. Doctors should stop prescribing medicines for off-label purposes, even though patients may brow-beat them to do so. For one, the drug is for a specific condition. The side-effects we’re seeing are most likely because the people taking it don’t have that condition, so the medicine is working at cross-purposes to bad effects. For another, if everyone is demanding this drug, it means those who do need it run the risk of not being able to get it.

Especially disgusted with people like Oprah Winfrey pushing this bullshit with the WW brand. Back in the day, Weight Watchers prided itself on   being a natural way to lose weight — and this was back when genuine diet pills were all the rage.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Especially disgusted with people like Oprah Winfrey pushing this bullshit with the WW brand. Back in the day, Weight Watchers prided itself on   being a natural way to lose weight — and this was back when genuine diet pills were all the rage.

And what really is GOLO? All these medications for weight loss, I want to know what the long range damage to a body will be.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And what really is GOLO? All these medications for weight loss, I want to know what the long range damage to a body will be.

Is this the commercial where I’m seeing people injecting themselves in the stomach? No thanks.

It looks like you don’t have to consult with your personal physician to start this, and it looks like somebody started a class action suit back in 2021 for it being dangerous.

If people think they need medical help to lose weight, they need to see 👏 a 👏 doctor.

EDIT — Not being contradictory about the doctor. Stuff like this, IF it is prescribed, needs to be monitored. And doctors should tell people no if it’s not right for them. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My hairstylist started GOLO last summer (I'm assuming she's no longer on it}.  At the time, she had been on it for 2 weeks, said she hadn't lost weight but her clothes were fitting better. Aside from the supplements (no idea what's in them), she said there's a meal plan with recipes that contain alleged fat burners like ginger -she doesn't like ginger. It seems they are encouraging healthy eating habits, and not just claiming the supplement does it all -as we are led to believe by the commercials, there is at least meal prep effort involved 

Edited by SweetieDarling
redundancy
  • Useful 6
On 1/14/2024 at 3:54 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Reveal spoiler

Hypothetical:

Spoiler

My mind never went there, but this hypothetical would explain why Lorene never confided what she was so depressed about to Kyle, her lifelong best friend. Either way, it's all heartbreaking. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
On 1/15/2024 at 9:31 AM, Yours Truly said:

Notice how Kyle still doesn't clarify and walk back any of that to AM once she realizes that AM is pretty much deducing that Sutton has an ED. Kyle continues to have raised eyebrows discussions about Suttons "imagined" narrow esophogus in order to keep AM on the case. AM has mishandled it though because instead of running with the baton and questioning whether the diagnosis is being used as a cover up for ED, AM went and challenged whether or not the condition even exists at all. AM fumbled the ball. What Kyle needed her to do was just be skeptical about whether that was the real reason for her pushing her food around. AM was supposed to challenge whether Sutton really had the condition and not the existence of the condition itself. 

But to be fair She also admitted in the after show she only brought it up cause Kyle mentioned it earlier .. so she took it upon herself to just be a mouthpiece .. she did it on purpose and kinda admitted yes she was bringing it up the word just didn’t appear out of thin air 

why she has made this her hill to die on is anyone’s guess tho it’s stupid 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3

Ozempic does what your own body does only more so. The substances naturally in your body and the drug slow down digestion so you feel full and eat less. Only with Ozempic the issues go way beyond normal at times- gastroparesis (stomach is paralysed basically and it can remain so when off the drug, causes extreme nausea and vomiting), you can have intestinal obstruction which killed Lisa Presley, sounds fun no? I work with lots of patients who are using the drug and not one person has had the side effects as of yet. Though one insists she's lost 18 pounds but by our measurements not so much. You can out eat the drug evidently. There are lots of issues.

It's just damned hard to lose weight if you aren't an 18 year old male. I personally blame the Kardashians, which is why Erika was probably using it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 1/15/2024 at 8:18 AM, RealHousewife said:

Not just Sutton...

"We all have problems"...

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Not just Sutton...

"We all have problems"...

I think this refers to Lisa Vanderpump talking about her brother's death by suicide but I was reminded of Kyle telling Sutton about Dorito's armed home invasion and Sutton equated it with her French designer stuck in customs or something equally ridiculous.  Erica feeling like she was Tom's victim rather than his real victims. 

Almost all these women are just thinking about themselves and their Rich People Problems, even when listening to someone else's real situations.  

• Like 8
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hide contents

My mind never went there, but this hypothetical would explain why Lorene never confided what she was so depressed about to Kyle, her lifelong best friend. Either way, it's all heartbreaking. 

I feel that it’s most likely NOT the situation, but I didn’t see Lorene’s husband at the COL. It would absolutely explain why Lorene never confided to Kyle. But the internet super sleuths would have discovered something by now, surely. I will stop calling you “Shirley.”

But Kyle is really angry at Mauricio.

17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Someone robbed Dorit’s home before. A lot of people thought, increase security after someone robs you, no? Plus, PK seems to have been having trouble with his finances. 

But I totally admit that am biased when it comes to Sutton and Dorit.

• Useful 2