Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Re-Lentless Erika

• Start Topic

When Erika's angry side reappears due to Denise's homecoming, Crystal's Taco Tuesday gets hotter; Dorit and Garcelle meet one-on-one to hear each other out.

Airdate: 01/03/2024

Reminder: Real time events that have happened are spoilers until they occur in episode time.  Please continue to discuss those events in the respective housewife's thread or in the media thread.

• Like 1

If anybody wants to see how Kathy Hilton is (or at least a closer depiction of her), and not the fake persona she presented on the BH HWs, watch Paris Hilton's show on Peacock. And we know that the reason Kyle's show that was very loosely based on her family story didn't have a second season (although it was successful) is because Kathy sent cease and desist letters to Kyle. All three sisters are delusional about their mother though. 

A sighting of one of Sutton's cats!

Sutton should do something about her hair. It's too long, stringy, and dry. 

• Like 13
35 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Dorit needs to learn how, and where to use, or not use certain words (and not to use them). 

What gets me is that Dorit thinks Garcelle owes her an explanation.  Garcelle had every right to walk the fuck out of there.

• Like 18
58 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

So tired of Kyle playing the victim. 

And her gravely fake crying voice…and her and her sisters and their endless, “can we make up and move on cuz we’re family and Mom and love each other and all we’ve been through together and Zzzzz”. They played an old season today with Kim, and every time the sisters start talking about their relationship, it just brought the fun to a screeching halt. After season after season of their squabbles, I couldn’t be more over their storyline. 

I felt for Crystal feeling insecure around the extra thin ladies this season. It cannot be easy having an eating disorder anywhere let alone in Beverly Hills. 

Why didn’t Sutton open her mouth and tell Denise-yes, you did talk about Aaron’s penis? It’s weird for her to play this ‘my children!’ routine. She talked about happy endings on a show she Knows the kids can see, and if not them,  I doubt their friends would mention it. Then, she does Only Fans with her daughter. But some flippant comment from years ago is the hill she wants to die on!? The two of them staring each other down while dramatically drinking their teas was hilarious tho. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
11 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Why didn’t Sutton open her mouth and tell Denise-yes, you did talk about Aaron’s penis? It’s weird for her to play this ‘my children!’ routine. She talked about happy endings on a show she Knows the kids can see, and if not them,  I doubt their friends would mention it. Then, she does Only Fans with her daughter. But some flippant comment from years ago is the hill she wants to die on!? The two of them staring each other down while dramatically drinking their teas was hilarious tho. 

This! I loved that Bravo showed the clips of Denise saying these things. Erika was right and I used to like Denise but I’m kind of glad Erika called her out. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Thank goodness this show is going on a trip of some kind next week. I can't take another episode of them fake or real squabbling in different locations. So boring!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

Dorit really trying to equate being Jewish in Beverly Hills with the racism black women endure? Wow. woosh. 

Yeah, no. I'm a Jew. No one knows I'm a Jew unless I tell them (or I wear my big ol' Flavor Flave style Star of David) because Jews come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Garcelle is a black woman, that is obvious for all to see. There is no hiding from racism for her.

Not even going to go into the prevalence of Jews in Beverly Hills.

• Like 23
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

Yeah, no. I'm a Jew. No one knows I'm a Jew unless I tell them (or I wear my big ol' Flavor Flave style Star of David) because Jews come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Garcelle is a black woman, that is obvious for all to see. There is no hiding from racism for her.

Not even going to go into the prevalence of Jews in Beverly Hills.

Geez Dorit. In this very circle, Kyle is Jewish, and Crystal is married to a Jew. She may have converted for all we know. So yeah, slow your roll on the travails of being Jewish in Beverly Hills. 🙄

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Big Kathy really did a number on her daughters. It’s crazy. She was by all accounts a pretty terrible person. When Kim said mom wouldn’t want this I almost laughed because their mom made their relationship like this. Kyle came so close to finally admitting what a horror show her mom was but only chose to say her mom had a temper. Little Kathy is just like their mom too it seems.

Erika killed Denise in that argument. Not an Erija fan but Denise looks so dumb. Her whole reason for being mad is stupid and was so long ago and of course her kids knew what threesomes were. Please Denise you are not cut out to be a housewife.

Is it even possible for all 3 of the sisters to get along at once. I’m thinking no lol.

I know it’s wrong but I’m not minding Erika. I would never wanna be around her in real life but she’s not bad for reality tv this season.

Why is stupid Annemarie back next episode ugh. She is the one that sounds stupid.

I don’t know what to say about Garcelle and Dorit’s convo at the end.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, rlc said:

Crystal worried me tonight. 

She did me. Skinny women coming  through  her door, is mostly  due to Ozempic. You only need look at Erika's  TH, in the pink outfit,  she's way too thin,  arms like sticks. Crystal looked lovely,  and honestly,  I think  that's why she controls her brother. Crystal  knows that is something  she can control, or did, unlike her eating  disorder .

Garcelle  is far too intelligent  to have a deep discussion  with Dorit, about the way certain  words make her feel. I felt  myself  tear up as she tried to explain. 

I'm so tired of Kyle, and now Kim, crying. They didn't  have great childhoods,  neither did a lot of us. Please,  please move on. I never heard Kyle mention  hummingbirds,  when Rinna saw Lois in every bird she saw.

• Like 14
  • Applause 7

Ughhh Garcelle just STFU already. She is dragging this show down the way of NY and it’s tiresome. She can stir shit up, repeat things other people say, be blunt and rude to people asking about their personal private info, throw around offenses others have done to her years prior as if they happened yesterday, and takes no responsibility for any of it. But Dorit says one word she doesn’t like and it’s time to hang her on a cross. Seriously, who can keep track of all the random things that offend Garcelle? She is clearly jealous of Dorit (not sure why but she clearly is), and it’s blinding her and making her look like a fool. And I can’t stand Dorit but in this case, she was attacked (by HW standards) by Garcelle and had every right to say so.  If Garcelle is so “triggered” by this show…she can leave! 

Big Kathy basically mentally abused all of her kids and it’s sad to watch them make excuses for her so long after her death.

This show sucks this season. 

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5

I find it hard to believe Big Kathy would just want the sisters to all get along. They’ve been playing the two against one game for as long as this show’s been on the air, it had to have happened growing up as well.

Door-it made the beginning of the lunch cringe as hell with the silence and “let’s quietly study the menu for several minutes” and then made it cringe as hell at the end by going on the defensive. I’ve hated this woman since her first season when she and her shady husband acted as dutiful Vanderpuppets trying to cast shame on Eileen for not giving LVP a heads up of her mothers passing prior to the reunion.

The previews for the season had repeatedly shown Crystal saying “this group wants me to yell all the time” and then it all ends up on the cutting room floor, briefly hinted at with a quick flashback with little context (turns out it was directed at Garcelle? The hell happened?) She must have really pissed off Kyle and her buddies in production.

The saddest thing about Denise is that she seemed to believe  she pwned Erika at Taco Tuesday. Interesting how everyone had strong opinions about the confrontation (Crystal and Kyle thought Erika reverted back to her true dirty form… Sutton knew Denise was lying about not bragging about Aaron’s dick next to the kiddie table) yet nobody said a word.

Wish Mr. and Mrs. 8 1/2 would stay on vacation the rest of the season.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I desperately need production to tell Kyle her mother's antics are google-able.

Oh, she knows. She's been following an Instagram account about narcs for the past year, regularly and consistently liking posts, including one which explicitly refers to how the oldest golden child can take after the parent in their narcissism, etc.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 9
(edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 9:05 PM, ZettaK said:

If anybody wants to see how Kathy Hilton is (or at least a closer depiction of her), and not the fake persona she presented on the BH HWs, watch Paris Hilton's show on Peacock. And we know that the reason Kyle's show that was very loosely based on her family story didn't have a second season (although it was successful) is because Kathy sent cease and desist letters to Kyle. All three sisters are delusional about their mother though. 

“I gave up everything/my life for you girls,” is what Big Kathy told them all on a regular basis. Because if you say it often enough, it becomes fact.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Pi237 said:

The two of them staring each other down while dramatically drinking their teas was hilarious, though.

That was really funny!

Maybe they dedicated this episode to tea. Garcelle was so excited about the hibiscus tea. Dandelion tea intrigued Dorit.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, rlc said:

I know what you mean. Kyle and Erika lost a lot of pounds. It’s distracting enough to Crystal that she struggles to be present and to contribute to the discussion.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

I have a question about a very minor detail. During the Kim and Kyle conversation in Kyle's kitchen, what was the extension swing out pole behind Kyle? It was above the range, so not a faucet and I would not hang towels above a stove. I guess it just seemed odd to me. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Frankly, I’m finding RHBH to be practically unwatchable anymore. From Erica vs Denise, Kyle vs, Sutton, Garcelle vs. Dorit, and Kim and Kyle’s cry-fest, the tone is so morose and miserable. The fighting is intense, exhausting and affects my mood. Crystal was right when she said the group wants to yell all the time.

For comparison, I’m re-watching Season 6 (partly because Yolanda lives in the next town over) and it’s so much more lighthearted. Yes, there are serious underlying issues but the women do seem to laugh with each other and be supportive most of the time. 

RHBH is an ordeal now when it used to be escapism.

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Dorit was DREADING this meeting with Garcelle with her attempt at pushing it away till the very moment it could not be avoided for one second longer, with her deep delve into menu reading. That was so very weird. It also proves to me that she knew exactly what she was guilty of, no matter how vehemently she claims to be unaware of what Garcelle and the rest of them pointed out to her on fiesta night.

She is bound and determined to go down kicking and screaming as “proof” she is completely incapable of understanding she said or did (and often does) something offensive to her black coworker. She knows exactly what they meant when she forced them to explain it to her like she was 5, while continuing to pretend be baffled by what they are trying to convey.

What she means by she would never ever willfully harm, demean or insult another person, is actually more that she would never ever want to be caught by others and have her purposeful offensive behavior exposed and brought into the light. 

So… she continues to pretend she is mentally incapable of understanding what Garcelle and the others mean when they explain to her saying someone is attacking you has a different connotation when you describe an unpleasant interaction with a black person rather than a white person. Simple banter implied as violence. 

Dorit is the epitome of perfect… don’t you know that? She would Never ever purposely offend anyone, she claims. She avoids all attempted communication that will point out her imperfections. 

Like the plague. 

Especially when she knows they have merit, as shown by her menu read like a novel she could not put down so she would not have to face the music. She knows exactly how she came across but refuses to accept THEY see it for what it is…. which is her attacking them. She just hates that they see right through her thinly veiled disdain which she prides herself on (thinking she’s) camouflaging so cleverly. 

Bitch. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 4

Do Kim and Kathie ever spend time periods not speaking to each other? Or is it only Kyle, who is frequently on the outs with one or the other or both?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, wallies said:

Frankly, I’m finding RHBH to be practically unwatchable anymore. From Erica vs Denise, Kyle vs, Sutton, Garcelle vs. Dorit, and Kim and Kyle’s cry-fest, the tone is so morose and miserable. The fighting is intense, exhausting and affects my mood. Crystal was right when she said the group wants to yell all the time.

For comparison, I’m re-watching Season 6 (partly because Yolanda lives in the next town over) and it’s so much more lighthearted. Yes, there are serious underlying issues but the women do seem to laugh with each other and be supportive most of the time. 

RHBH is an ordeal now when it used to be escapism.

It has been this way for years - since LVP was bullied off the show after her brother's suicide. All because... they wanted to defend Dorit the Dog-Dumper?

Since then it's been a dark, miserable show filled with lowest common denominator behavior - fueled by gross off-camera antics and legal issues. Half the time I think it's all staged to keep the series going. And I see the same pattern starting to emerge in OC.

Kyle and Kim (and Kathy) are all addicted to drama. You do NOT have to allow family to abuse you. You are allowed to remove toxic people from your life, even if they are blood relations. That is sometimes (and clearly in their case) the healthiest, most loving option for all.

Poor Kim, she was clearly the most affected by her mother's tactics. What Big Kathy actually wanted was a viper's nest where all the girls were always fighting and sniping, one-upping each other to see who could get the most of Big Kathy's affections. They're even fighting for that spot after her death. How sad. Make peace and move on - apart.

I'm extremely tired of everyone sitting silently while Erika levels disgusting words at people. Then afterward, they try to smooth it over and tell the person who was verbally berated that Erika was wrong. GROW A PAIR AND TELL HER TO SHUT IT. Oh but they never do. They're all scared of her. Why I don't know. She's such trash. Kyle is such a weak, pathetic follower - that's why no one stands up for her sorry ass. She's as indefensible now as Kim was in Amsterdam and all of season 5. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 12
5 minutes ago, janiema said:

Do Kim and Kathie ever spend time periods not speaking to each other? Or is it only Kyle, who is frequently on the outs with one or the other or both?

it was explained in like season one or two that all 3 sisters are never getting a long at the same time .. one is always on the outs with the other two and it just switches

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

it was explained in like season one or two that all 3 sisters are never getting a long at the same time .. one is always on the outs with the other two and it just switches

But I’m wondering whether one side of the conflict is always Kyle. She may see it as all three never getting along at the same time because she’s almost always part of the dynamic. I believe this was Kyle’s narrative in season 1.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, js9548 said:

I have a question about a very minor detail. During the Kim and Kyle conversation in Kyle's kitchen, what was the extension swing out pole behind Kyle? It was above the range, so not a faucet and I would not hang towels above a stove. I guess it just seemed odd to me. 

It actually is a faucet,  mounted on the wall and called a pot filler.  It's used to fill large pots on the stove rather than at the sink and then carrying the pot to the stovetop.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, janiema said:

I feel as if Kim and Kathy take turns being pissed at Kyle.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, js9548 said:

I think you are referencing a pot filler. It actually is a faucet, designed so that someone doesn't have to carry a heavy pot of water from the sink to the stovetop. You just put your pot on the stove, pull the arm out and fill it up. I don't have a problem lifting or carrying, so it's not something I personally have ever had in a kitchen, but it's become the "in" thing in high-end kitchens. I always laugh when I see it in the HW kitchens for women I know do not know how to cook. 

OIP.jpg

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I am so tired of the Richards' sisters' histrionics about their relationship, their Mom, their family, blah, blah, blah, on and on and on, ad nauseum! 

The only things I got from that meeting with Kim and Kyle were:

1.  Kim is looking really rough.  Maybe she's not wearing the six pounds of makeup that she used to when she was a fulltime housewife, or maybe just her life is catching up to her.

2.  We finally heard the Richards sisters both admit that their mother was NOT the saint they wanted us all to believe she was.  They both admitted their mother had a bad temper and was mean to them.  I wonder what Kathy Hilton will have to say about hearing her sisters talk about their mother that way.

I just wish they both would come out and say their mother was a cold-hearted, mercenary, abusive woman, who basically forced her daughters into show business and into marriages not for love, but for money.

To be honest I don't understand why that's even necessary. What I truly wish is that they stop talking about it period. We are all products of our childhood whatever that may have entailed and at their big age, continuing to behave like clueless children, slaves to these realities is just BORING! 

I mean "mental health" this and "mental health" that but at what point in life do you put the demons to rest? Or, ACCEPT the demons and live with them? Like, the hamster wheel of purposeful angst is just something I just DO NOT understand. There's no resolutions, they can't go back and change anything and "talking" about it has DONE nothing for the sisters since none of them can speak openly and freely about how they REALLY feel about things. 

You come to a point in life where the best decision is to understand that there won't be a nice pretty bow tying up all the issues from the past. I don't get the need to keep reliving the angst from the past to the point that it continues to create angst in the here and now. 

It's a crazy concept and it's rather elementary but one of their biggest, biggest problems is that they are all STUBBORN. I really believe that's where 90% of their CURRENT issues lie. Agree to disagree, agree to not make silly demands of each other, Agree to managing expectations levels and once and for all Agree to stop behaving like any one sister has soooooo much power and control over the others. Stop the power struggle and agree not to overstep into each others rightful space. Whether you like the dynamic or not. Each individual can decide what they will and will not deal with  and I don't think it's ever necessary for them to cut ties. Pulling back, taking breaks from each other doesn't automatically need to be labeled a family feud. They need to stop stigmatizing the idea of needing space. They need to make it okay and amicable if one or more needs breathing room and there doesn't need to be this 100% withholding of love and unity. Family can take time to regroup while still maintaining some contact in doses. The all or nothing approach that these sisters put into place when there is family strife is the biggest problem they have. Some family discord isn't always worthy of breaking the family apart for years at a time. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

I think Dorit's biggest issue is that she cannot imagine life through anyone else's experiences but her own, and that's a problem.  Garcelle didn't have to explain herself to Dorit, but she did, and that should've been plenty of information for Dorit's tiny brain.  But "I'm sorry I made you feel triggered" is not an apology, so right there I wish Garcelle would've stood up, canceled her hibiscus tea order, and left Dorit to sit there alone.

I would lose my mind if Dorit were anywhere near my "friend" group.  It takes her 500 words to say something that should take 10.  I was frankly shocked that she sat down and gave Garcelle the floor to actually speak without being interrupted for a few minutes, but I ended up mad at myself for even thinking for a moment that Dorit was actually going to truly learn something about someone not named Dorit.

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kim, Kathy, and Kyle will continue to re-live their fractured childhood until they are being spoon-fed and sponge-bathed in assisted living facilities.

I'm no psychologist, but I play one in real life (lol), having lived through the Narcissistic Mother with the Golden Child/Scapegoat Child/Forgotten Child in action.  I've been to my therapy, for me it's done, and my two siblings and I now have a great relationship, spend a lot of time together, and moved on with our lives.  

These women never will admit that Big Kath was truly the cause of this friction, that for Big Kath, it was all a game, all fun to pit them against each other, because it gave her a sense of power and control.

And because they cover up the childhood hurts with Hermes bags and yacht trips, they'll never truly have a cease fire.  There's always a next fire waiting.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 17
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
9 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

She did me. Skinny women coming  through  her door, is mostly  due to Ozempic. You only need look at Erika's  TH, in the pink outfit,  she's way too thin,  arms like sticks. Crystal looked lovely,  and honestly,  I think  that's why she controls her brother. Crystal  knows that is something  she can control, or did, unlike her eating  disorder .

Garcelle  is far too intelligent  to have a deep discussion  with Dorit, about the way certain  words make her feel. I felt  myself  tear up as she tried to explain. 

I'm so tired of Kyle, and now Kim, crying. They didn't  have great childhoods,  neither did a lot of us. Please,  please move on. I never heard Kyle mention  hummingbirds,  when Rinna saw Lois in every bird she saw.

I think the part that bugs me the most is that I feel like Kyle likes to drag that shit out.  Kim hid behind drugs and alcohol and Kathy just wants to leave it in the past which, to be honest I don't know why that particular option is so wrong. They don't seem to do anything productive about their trauma so in my opinion WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT? if only to garner sympathy. There's no maturity and as sad and relevant as this topic is I'm totally sick of hearing about the Richards sad, sad childhood and nightmare mother. Take a fucking number. 

This information is used only to excuse bad behavior and to be honest I'm pretty annoyed that this woman can't rest in peace. At some point you gotta stop blaming others. We ALL have choices we can make and to constantly be shaking in your boots citing "growing up with mom was tough" at their age just rings as theatrical and actually quite insulting at this point.

It's one thing if there was a journey to healing regarding their mother and their childhood but that's not where they are and it doesn't seem that's a path they're ever going to consider so I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
9 hours ago, princelina said:

I too thought Kim looked rough, but I wonder if she lived in Indiana if anyone would think anything of it - she is almost 60 years old and very thin, so that is how faces look on normal people.  She mostly looks bad because they're all plastic surgeried and botoxed to the nth degree!

This is always surprising to me. Kim ain't young and just because Halle Berry, JLo and a good number of other celebrities are looking like the fountain of youth visits them nightly doesn't mean a woman looking her age should be such an issue. Everyone ages differently. Hell Justine Bateman looks rough but at the same time what's supposed to be the standard? And are we actually gatekeeping people's looks like that? I'm all about being awed with the over 50 over 60 crowd that kills it but I'm not going to be confused or be jolted about a woman in her 50's or 60's NOT looking 30.. That's just weird. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 14
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think you are referencing a pot filler. It actually is a faucet, designed so that someone doesn't have to carry a heavy pot of water from the sink to the stovetop. You just put your pot on the stove, pull the arm out and fill it up. I don't have a problem lifting or carrying, so it's not something I personally have ever had in a kitchen, but it's become the "in" thing in high-end kitchens. I always laugh when I see it in the HW kitchens for women I know do not know how to cook. 

OIP.jpg

It's probably for the caterers 😜

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, janiema said:

Good question.

It seems like it's always Kyle not speaking to one of them while Kim and Kathy don't ever seem to be on the outs but then again Kim and Kathy aren't on the show so we don't see enough to make that an official conclusion.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, dmeets said:

Door-it made the beginning of the lunch cringe as hell with the silence and “let’s quietly study the menu for several minutes” and then made it cringe as hell at the end by going on the defensive. 

It was funny to me how Garcelle was  "I don't want to look at the menu" at first, because we all know standard operating procedure is for one or the other housewife to flee the scene before the food even arrives. Bless her.  And then she ordered pasta (well gnocchi) which made me love her more.

• Like 5

It’s so weird when the conversation ends tense, yet the food just arrived. They cut away. Do they sit there and eat in silence? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Geez Dorit. In this very circle, Kyle is Jewish, and Crystal is married to a Jew. She may have converted for all we know. So yeah, slow your roll on the travails of being Jewish in Beverly Hills. 🙄

But her mother has a black friend!

10 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

please move on. I never heard Kyle mention  hummingbirds, 

Especially a dead hummingbird in your house??!!?? Like how would that happen?

11 hours ago, rlc said:

You mean her putting an entire stock pot on her dining room table, yeah that worried me too, so tacky.

• LOL 4