Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Re-Lentless Erika

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Glama said:

How the fuck is it a 'very, very serious, dangerous  accusation' to be called a Karen? 😅 C'mon Dorit. I'm cracking up 😅  If you being called a Karen is the most heinous thing you've had to endure, you've had an easy life.

Oh my god she just asked Garcelle if she knows she's Jewish 😅😅 This keeps getting better 😅

Would “Drama Queen” be better?

Dorit, you should show some kind of understanding and empathy if you are going to equate your experiences with Garcelle’s. Common ground, y’know?

Dorit was not “attacked.” She was, maybe, “challenged” or “disagreed with” — if that. I think that if people don’t agree with her, or listen to her yammer on and on and on…she’s been “attacked.” Look up synonyms for “attack,” and they’re almost all violent, which isn’t a huge leap to the “Angry Black Woman” bullshit that Garcelle was calling out.

Dorit may not be consciously racist, but she is clueless and clumsy with words.

• Like 10
23 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Would “Drama Queen” be better?

Dorit, you should show some kind of understanding and empathy if you are going to equate your experiences with Garcelle’s. Common ground, y’know?

Dorit was not “attacked.” She was, maybe, “challenged” or “disagreed with” — if that. I think that if people don’t agree with her, or listen to her yammer on and on and on…she’s been “attacked.” Look up synonyms for “attack,” and they’re almost all violent, which isn’t a huge leap to the “Angry Black Woman” bullshit that Garcelle was calling out.

Dorit may not be consciously racist, but she is clueless and clumsy with words.

She has yet to see her white privilege.  I am not comfortable saying she is or isn't racist but she has yet to learn anything that has gone on in the world regarding race.  So she is willfully ignorant and more.  She is willing to fight for her ignorance.  Which I guess is her right.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 9:34 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I like Garcelle but I thought she was hard on Dorit. They played clips of numerous women using the word "attack." I don't believe Dorit intended it as a racial slur, nor do I think she realized using the term would trigger Garcelle. I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Dorit held her own in that conversation. However, now that Garcelle has expressed her feelings to Dorit about that word, Dorit should be sensitive and not use it around Garcelle in the future. 

Agree.

I wish we knew better why Garcelle just doesn't like Dorit. There are some words that are used liberally across housewives franchises, and "attacked" is one of them.

I am a black woman. I *get* it. I worry though about how Garcelle is going about this. 

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What gets me with this no yelling in the house BS is Kyle yells quite often outside of her house.  In the midst of filming her show.  And she has/had very little self control (manhandling Sutton, yelling at her sister in the limo, yelling at Dorit in Aspen).  So I just can't buy what she is selling.

I thought that as well. Kyle seems like an incredibly loving mother, but it's still hard for me to believe everything is all calm at her house when we've seen so many outbursts. I know a lot of kind, patient people who rarely get into it with anyone who lose their cool and yell at their kids sometimes. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Unfortunately, Denise isn't good at presenting her side of an argument.  I like Denise, but I would have preferred her to come back in a happier, more light-hearted way, proving the saying that the best revenge is a life well lived.

I mostly agree with this. Denise has failed multiple times at this point to present her arguments in a way that makes any sort of sense. This reminds me of a line from some show I watched: 'If you aim for the [queen], you best not miss.' Denise completely missed when she took aim at Erika and pretty much got annihilated in return.

It annoys me so much that I have to be on Team Erika in the Erika vs Denise conflict this season, but Denise has made it impossible for me to be on her side on this one.

Erika came to this battle armed with facts, logic, and bitchy flavored truthdrops. Denise OTOH came with incoherence, inaccurate statements, and sloppy emotion. The fact that Denise, for all her "watch the show" comments, clearly hasn't watched the show (or is choosing to ignore the truth) or she'd know that Erika already apologized to her over this BS. Furthermore, she'd know that Erika was correct when she made the point that other people, including Denise, made inappropriate comments at that particular party where the teens were present.

The incredible thing about this to me is that Denise had the support of the viewers only to piss it all away over something I don't even think she really cares about that much. (IMO she just wanted to unload on somebody because of her negative experience with being on the show.) Erika wasn't always great with Denise those two seasons she was a main cast member, but she wasn't even close to being the worst one that year. (That honor goes to Rinna.) Denise keeps saying that people should watch the show and yeah, Erika was out of line when she suggested that Denise's underage daughters might have been involved in threesomes, but that still isn't enough of an excuse for Denise to use her friend status time this season going after Erika. A couple of straightforward sentences would have been enough for Denise to make her point. There was no need for her to spend all of her episodes this season on this topic. 

Denise blew such an easy one. Erika is one of the least liked women on this show since she revealed what an empty, heartless person she is. A lot of people were looking forward to seeing Denise lay into her and she just ended up with egg all over her face. 

Meanwhile Kim was one of the most rational people in this episode. What an upside-down world this feels like when I think about what my impressions were of all of these people some five years ago or so. 

Remember when Denise seemed like the responsible parent who even looked after Charlie's twins for a time? It's interesting how public perception can change.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/6/2024 at 1:09 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I just watched it several times again. He is completely vague and checked out. I wonder if Crystal has complained in the past that his advice makes her feel worse. The only thing he said that was germane to the issue was, “I think you’re too self-conscious.”

She has probably said to him in the past, “you don’t have to try to FIX everything!  I just want you to be there for me and LISTEN!”

On 1/6/2024 at 2:33 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

But, also, your choice of words here completely reminds me of Goodfellas Henry Hill narrating when they whacked Tommy. 

“Well, you know what I mean. He's gone, and we couldn't do nothing about it.”

“It was revenge for Billy Batts, and a lot of other things. And there was nothing that we could do about it.”

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I mostly agree with this. Denise has failed multiple times at this point to present her arguments in a way that makes any sort of sense. This reminds me of a line from some show I watched: 'If you aim for the [queen], you best not miss.' Denise completely missed when she took aim at Erika and pretty much got annihilated in return.

It annoys me so much that I have to be on Team Erika in the Erika vs Denise conflict this season, but Denise has made it impossible for me to be on her side on this one.

Erika came to this battle armed with facts, logic, and bitchy flavored truthdrops. Denise OTOH came with incoherence, inaccurate statements, and sloppy emotion. The fact that Denise, for all her "watch the show" comments, clearly hasn't watched the show (or is choosing to ignore the truth) or she'd know that Erika already apologized to her over this BS. Furthermore, she'd know that Erika was correct when she made the point that other people, including Denise, made inappropriate comments at that particular party where the teens were present.

The incredible thing about this to me is that Denise had the support of the viewers only to piss it all away over something I don't even think she really cares about that much. (IMO she just wanted to unload on somebody because of her negative experience with being on the show.) Erika wasn't always great with Denise those two seasons she was a main cast member, but she wasn't even close to being the worst one that year. (That honor goes to Rinna.) Denise keeps saying that people should watch the show and yeah, Erika was out of line when she suggested that Denise's underage daughters might have been involved in threesomes, but that still isn't enough of an excuse for Denise to use her friend status time this season going after Erika. A couple of straightforward sentences would have been enough for Denise to make her point. There was no need for her to spend all of her episodes this season on this topic. 

Denise blew such an easy one. Erika is one of the least liked women on this show since she revealed what an empty, heartless person she is. A lot of people were looking forward to seeing Denise lay into her and she just ended up with egg all over her face. 

Meanwhile Kim was one of the most rational people in this episode. What an upside-down world this feels like when I think about what my impressions were of all of these people some five years ago or so. 

Remember when Denise seemed like the responsible parent who even looked after Charlie's twins for a time? It's interesting how public perception can change.

Agree with this. Everybody — audience included, probably — was scratching their head at that dinner wondering what Denise was going on about. Then, Denise continues the argument at taco night. I don’t blame Erika’s reactions at either party.

Denise embarrassed herself royally. 

Maybe Kim is finally working her sobriety and getting things together. I’m rooting for her.

13 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

Agree.

I wish we knew better why Garcelle just doesn't like Dorit. There are some words that are used liberally across housewives franchises, and "attacked" is one of them.

I am a black woman. I *get* it. I worry though about how Garcelle is going about this. 

Dorit is exhausting, and Garcelle does not suffer fools.

• Like 10

Anytime Garcelle expresses her feelings, Dorit is the first one to take offense and hop up on the cross.  Not sure why,  but they’ve never liked each other. They’ll always be each other’s ’bitch eating crackers…’   And because of that, I’m Not interested in seeing anymore one-on-ones between them. I’d rather more camera time be given to the ones who can have some laughs together. Nonstop discord gets really tense, and eventually, boring. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She has probably said to him in the past, “you don’t have to try to FIX everything!  I just want you to be there for me and LISTEN!”

“Well, you know what I mean. He's gone, and we couldn't do nothing about it.”

“It was revenge for Billy Batts, and a lot of other things. And there was nothing that we could do about it.”

You rock my world!! 

This website is my happy place.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Anytime Garcelle expresses her feelings, Dorit is the first one to take offense and hop up on the cross.  Not sure why,  but they’ve never liked each other. They’ll always be each other’s ’bitch eating crackers…’   And because of that, I’m Not interested in seeing anymore one-on-ones between them. I’d rather more camera time be given to the ones who can have some laughs together. Nonstop discord gets really tense, and eventually, boring. 

You are right about Dorit being the one to take offense or to down play or to tell her to get over what ever the issue is or was.  I do think you give her too much credit about her thinking about how to react to Garcelle, I think it is mindless for her, she cannot accept anyone else having lingering feelings about something that happened to them.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes you have to know when to walk away, Garcelle will not be able to get her to see anything any different, she should give up and live her best life.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Dorit is exhausting, and Garcelle does not suffer fools.

That's the thing for me though: I don't think she's any more a fool than some, if not all, of the rest of them. 

27 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

They’ll always be each other’s ’bitch eating crackers…’  

Yes!

• Like 3

Door-it set a high bar for herself when she declared she's a "child of the world." Nothing she's said or done seems to reflect that kind of culture and experience. Quite the opposite.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Door-it set a high bar for herself when she declared she's a "child of the world." Nothing she's said or done seems to reflect that kind of culture and experience. Quite the opposite.

Yeah, the world of the one-percenters. This, as she jet-sets, hobnobs with people like Boy George (granted, he’s not the A-lister he once was, but he’s more than most of us will ever meet), and gives free advertising to designers. (CHA NEL always gets me.) What’s even more funny (or outrageous, depending) is that for all we know, Dorit and PK are close to broke.

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/11/15/signs-that-dorit-and-pk-are-secretly-broke/#

GTFO. 

Whenever she starts this, Bravo just needs to keep running that scene where she talks about her staff (“You mean ‘brown people’?” thanks, Garcelle!) and says that her mother’s best friend is black. That was 👩‍🍳😘last week.

Can’t stand her anymore.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What the heck is going on with this website. I am using an iPhone. It seems as if a table with really narrow columns is causing the text to wrap. Anyone else?

I have a rainbow stripe across the top of my page on a pc.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have a rainbow stripe across the top of my page on a pc.

And everyone's little picture/icon thing, I have doubles of them, I will admit I have a wee dram of Larceny Bourbon in a glass with a round ice cube so the seeing double may be just me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And everyone's little picture/icon thing, I have doubles of them, I will admit I have a wee dram of Larceny Bourbon in a glass with a round ice cube so the seeing double may be just me.

Same (except for the bourbon part)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh, so it’s not just me, and I haven’t been drinking, as much as I may want to.

50 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What the heck is going on with this website. I am using an iPhone. It seems as if a table with really narrow columns is causing the text to wrap. Anyone else?

I’m on an iPad, and same. Things have been kind of shaky since the upgrade a few weeks back.

EDIT — Things are OK now.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Okay, I just logged back in and I see what everyone is talking about. What are they trying to do, drive us away?

Now it's back to normal. WTF are they doing?

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Okay, I just logged back in and I see what everyone is talking about. What are they trying to do, drive us away?

Now it's back to normal. WTF are they doing?

Lately, sometimes when I hit Submit Reply, nothing happens. The other day, I couldn’t react to posts — kept getting an error message.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Regarding the site - I switched to DuckDuckGo a few weeks and don't have issues now. 

I use DuckDuckGo, too…🤷‍♀️It’s just weird…an Apple issue, maybe?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No problems here. And I am just on a cheap Android. 😀

I'm on an Android too. The only thing that bothers me is the ad that hovers near the bottom of the page. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
On 1/6/2024 at 9:18 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

Denise wants to hurt Erika. 

In my opinion, Denise wants justice. 

Erika apologized for the “threesome” comment during their one-on-one meet-up. Denise looked completely content with the apology and then was laughing and bonding with Erika. 

But during that reunion, Erika never spoke up on behalf of Denise. This and Erika’s body language spoke volumes. It implied to me that she was completely backing Rinna (or was perhaps afraid of not backing Rinna, because Rinna has as much dirt on her as she has on Rinna) with regard to the Brandi Glanville claims. 

Denise may have damaged quite a few brain cells in the past few decades. So she only has this vague, fuzzy sense that Erika went from playful, eager, effusive fan/friend to someone who really hurt her by not behaving like a friend. 

But I definitely appreciate your opposing view!

• Like 4
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 11:31 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought is just let Dorit live in her bubble, I doubt she will have an impact on anyone's lives, even her kids roll their eyes at her, Garcelle is just frustrating herself trying to teach Dorit or explain things to her, sometimes you have to know when to just walk away.

but its not just her bubble when she works with and interacts with women of color ...and you can't just walk away when u are contractually obligated to interact with the women ... she should be called out esp since this has been going on for YEARS ... its not fair to any of the women esp G ...if not the mentality would become well if she can be low key racist why can't I or its ok to treat one of the only woman of color around them constantly different 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

but its not just her bubble when she works with and interacts with women of color ...and you can't just walk away when u are contractually obligated to interact with the women ... she should be called out esp since this has been going on for YEARS ... its not fair to any of the women esp G ...if not the mentality would become well if she can be low key racist why can't I or its ok to treat the only woman of color around them constantly different 

Dorit is an idiot, we all know it and so does Garcelle, there is only so much G can say to her, sooner or later Dorit will say the wrong thing to the wrong person and she will learn her lesson.  I am not saying it's okay for Dorit or anyone to be a low level racist I am saying sometimes you can talk until you are blue in the face but that person is just not going to hear it.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

“That’s a low blow, bringing up my daughter’s Only Fans.” 🤣Most moms don’t get to say that.

👏Erika’s self-restraint in dealing with Denise.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Dorit is an idiot, we all know it and so does Garcelle, there is only so much G can say to her, sooner or later Dorit will say the wrong thing to the wrong person and she will learn her lesson.  I am not saying it's okay for Dorit or anyone to be a low level racist I am saying sometimes you can talk until you are blue in the face but that person is just not going to hear it.

She will never get it because she can’t see beyond herself. So self-absorbed and self-important.

15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In my opinion, Denise wants justice. 

Erika apologized for the “threesome” comment during their one-on-one meet-up. Denise looked completely content with the apology and then was laughing and bonding with Erika. 

But during that reunion, Erika never spoke up on behalf of Denise. This and Erika’s body language spoke volumes. It implied to me that she was completely backing Rinna (or was perhaps afraid of not backing Rinna, because Rinna has as much dirt on her as she has on Rinna) with regard to the Brandi Glanville claims. 

Denise may have damaged quite a few brain cells in the past few decades. So she only has this vague, fuzzy sense that Erika went from playful, eager, effusive fan/friend to someone who really hurt her by not behaving like a friend. 

But I definitely appreciate your opposing view!

I just can’t get over the fact that she let this fester for four years. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

“That’s a low blow, bringing up my daughter’s Only Fans.” 🤣Most moms don’t get to say that.

I just can’t get over the fact that she let this fester for four years. 

Hahaha!

I can hold a grudge for DECADES.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 8:35 AM, Slakkie said:

Wow great point all around.  I dislike Dorit and like Garcelle but this is spot on…

Kyle the victim is boring as hell.  What happened to "JUST BE HONEST" oh thats for other people.  And this new narrative about Kathy is just too much.  What is funny is the only one on the outs is KYLE - Kathy and Kim seem to have a long strong relationship - is Kathy probably a piece of work?  Umm sure but guess what Kyle so are you and you are such a victim now and you are seeing karma bitch slap you and you literally only have the new girl as your back up and she jumped in too fast and looks cray cray and frankly if I saw her in a surgery suite as part of my team I would cancel the surgery after what comes out of her mouth.

Oh my, this is perfectly stated..

Edited by lili45
  • Applause 3
On 1/7/2024 at 9:34 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I wonder if Kyle will have any self-awareness about how she is coming across when she watches this season's episodes. I'm doubtful as she hasn't demonstrated it so far. Her victim stance reminds me of another ACA laundry trait that she clearly has:

5. We live life from the viewpoint of victims and we are attracted by that weakness in our love and friendship relationships.

I like Garcelle but I thought she was hard on Dorit. They played clips of numerous women using the word "attack." I don't believe Dorit intended it as a racial slur, nor do I think she realized using the term would trigger Garcelle. I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Dorit held her own in that conversation. However, now that Garcelle has expressed her feelings to Dorit about that word, Dorit should be sensitive and not use it around Garcelle in the future. 

Even so, I don't think Garcelle and Dorit are going to be friends. Actually, I doubt any of these women are friends in real life. I wonder how much contact they have when they aren't filming.

For a while it seemed like Sutton, Crystal and Garcelle were friends and there were articles written about it, but then Crystal seemed to turn on Sutton. I believe Erika is only friendly with Kyle because Kyle is the OG and head mean girl on this show, and Erika knows what side her bread is buttered on. She is a big-time opportunist. If Kyle didn't have any power, she'd drop her and align herself with the person who did. 

I understand why Denise was upset with what Erika said, but she needs to drop it. It was four years ago. Denise isn't coming off well because she is not as articulate as Erika and is clearly outmatched in an argument. At least she was sober this time. I'll give her a point for that.

I still dislike Erika and thought her comment comparing Denise's and her daughter's Only Fans accounts was nasty. Yes, it's true. She does have the account. But Erika mentioned it to be snide. Several of the women have taken jabs at Denise for having the account. 

Completely agree with your impression of Garcelle. I usually really like and respect her, but thought her response was unjustified. Dorit used the word as anyone would have, and usually Garcelle has more class than getting dragged into imagined pettiness.

It’ was also quite unfair to minimize Dorit’s statement that she was Jewish, thus not a mainstream privileged person who hasn’t experienced discrimination. Antisemitism is a real phenomenon, and nobody’s place to minimize…Garcelle really wanted the victim trophy. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2024 at 10:29 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

They say “black don’t crack.”  I think melanin-rich skin just ages better.

I personally find darker-haired Dorit the  prettiest of BH women. (When Dorit modeled that bikini a few years ago and it was in her intro, I remember thinking “why is she with PK again?!” lol) But Porsha and Cynthia from RHOA at the top considering  all shows. 

Everyone says how great Kyle looks but when you see her walk away from behind, eh not so much. Meow. lol

Agree that Dorit looks amazing, am loving her healthy, darker hair. Kyle’s had so much surgery since her first appearances!

• Like 4
(edited)
On 1/6/2024 at 3:45 AM, RoseAllDay said:

One thing stood out to me about Kim and Kyle’s conversation. I can empathize with how terrible it is to be in a volatile family relationship. But when Kyle said that there is “no yelling or screaming” in her house, I kind of saw that as conflict avoidance. But things that boil just below the surface eventually come out. Does Kyle actually think that her kids aren’t picking up on the tension between her and Mo? If I could feel it by watching them at Portia’s party, what was it like in the room? Verbal or physical violence is never okay, but putting on a big happy smile to mask issues isn’t healthy either, which is what a lot of adult children of dysfunctional parents do. I think they’re called the “peacekeepers” or the “caretakers.”

As hard as it is to admit, there are some families that are just broken —  the Richards sisters included. Kyle wants an ideal that will never be; worse, she seems to want it on her terms, and she wants everyone to see that she’s been the wronged person, which is ridiculous. But they all must be on the same page with wanting to heal things, and they can’t do it by themselves.

I thought Kim handled all that really well.

I thought for once she looked pretty and natural. I liked her hair down like that, instead of whatever’s been on her head in her THs. She also wasn’t a walking billboard for CHA NEL or Gucci, either.

She’s pretty — except for her personality.

This is how Kathy handles the Hilton household and it has had it's effects on them. Paris mentions constantly that Kathy doesn't like confrontation so they never talking about anything. 

Paris is trying to break the cycle but Kathy on episodes 5 and 6 of the second season of Paris in Love is piece of work. 

Kathy does actually do some therapy sessions on the show and talks about how their house was so chaotic growing up that she tries to keep the peace and avoid conflict now. 

Edited by Workslame
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 1/6/2024 at 10:09 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

Garcelle does the same thing with Dorit, though. I definitely get the sense that Garcelle intimates that Dorit’s treatment of her has much to do with her race. Garcelle says when you say I “attacked” you, it triggers me and brings up the angry black woman stereotype and all that matters is how I perceive it. 

But when Dorit tells Garcelle that calling her “privileged” (and I was glad to see her respond that they ALL are privileged because … my god … look at how they all live) makes her feel like Garcelle is suggesting she’s racist, Garcelle says “I didn’t say that.” But Dorit never said Garcelle was an “angry black woman,” either. If it is OK for Garcelle to read things into words, why not for Dorit to do the same? 

I think Garcelle fits into this franchise well because she is absolutely willing to beat a dead horse. lol 

Unfortunately, attack, angry and aggressive are long standing words to describe black people in a negative way. 

Privileged is a real recent term to describe people and it's being taken out of context. The privilege isn't about Dorit's material things, it's about how she is able to say and receive such words without there being more attached to it, which is why she pointed out that they all use the term.  Being black and being called angry is a whole different level.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
On 1/11/2024 at 11:36 AM, lili45 said:

Completely agree with your impression of Garcelle. I usually really like and respect her, but thought her response was unjustified. Dorit used the word as anyone would have, and usually Garcelle has more class than getting dragged into imagined pettiness.

It was also quite unfair to minimize Dorit’s statement that she was Jewish, thus not a mainstream privileged person who hasn’t experienced discrimination. Antisemitism is a real phenomenon, and nobody’s place to minimize…Garcelle really wanted the victim trophy. 

I agree that Garcelle should have reflected more on Dorit reminding her that she was Jewish. It’s true: people don’t look at Dorit and immediately assume negative things about her. But when my Jewish best friend got married, she was thrilled to take her husband’s last name, because her entire life, up until then, many people had treated her differently once they learned her last name. 

However, in my opinion; yes, it’s true that the Beverly Hills housewives have used the word “attack” when conversing with other non-black housewives. But if Dorit REALLY wanted to be a friend to Garcelle and actually cared about her, she would sincerely try to be more sensitive and would maybe talk to her in private about what she can do to respect Garcelle’s feelings more.

• Like 4
On 1/3/2024 at 10:04 PM, Grumpbump said:

What gets me is that Dorit thinks Garcelle owes her an explanation.  Garcelle had every right to walk the fuck out of there.

What gets ME is that even if Dorit thinks she’s 100% in the right (which: YIIIIKES!) does she not even understand the OPTICS of a white woman turning around and claiming victimhood when a Black woman calmly tries to educate her about a micro aggression in 2023??? 

Is she really that stupid? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 1/8/2024 at 7:12 PM, Rorysmom said:

I wish we knew better why Garcelle just doesn't like Dorit.

I mean, to be fair... do any of us like Dorit? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2024 at 8:40 AM, Pi237 said:

Anytime Garcelle expresses her feelings, Dorit is the first one to take offense and hop up on the cross.  Not sure why,  but they’ve never liked each other. They’ll always be each other’s ’bitch eating crackers…’  

I do wonder how much of the friction between Dorit and Garcelle stems from political differences that we don't see on the show. Obviously I'm not going to speculate about the details, as that's beyond the scope of what's allowed here, but I can think of several contemporary political issues on which Garcelle and Dorit might not be aligned. (I was just thinking of this because I suspect that something similar might be happening with Heather and Lisa on RHOSLC). 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, ladle said:

I do wonder how much of the friction between Dorit and Garcelle stems from political differences that we don't see on the show.

Since Dorit is Jewish, chances are they are aligned. Hopefully.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2024 at 12:35 PM, ladle said:

What gets ME is that even if Dorit thinks she’s 100% in the right (which: YIIIIKES!) does she not even understand the OPTICS of a white woman turning around and claiming victimhood when a Black woman calmly tries to educate her about a micro aggression in 2023??? 

Is she really that stupid? 

Yes; she's REALLY that stupid!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 1/15/2024 at 1:10 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

However, in my opinion; yes, it’s true that the Beverly Hills housewives have used the word “attack” when conversing with other non-black housewives. But if Dorit REALLY wanted to be a friend to Garcelle and actually cared about her, she would sincerely try to be more sensitive and would maybe talk to her in private about what she can do to respect Garcelle’s feelings more.

But that's the thing; Dorito doesn't really want to be a friend to Garcelle.  They really don't like each other. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

But that's the thing; Dorito doesn't really want to be a friend to Garcelle.  They really don't like each other. 

That’s true. Do we think Garcelle should just not bother speaking up, at this point? It looks like they get into it again this week.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That’s true. Do we think Garcelle should just not bother speaking up, at this point? It looks like they get into it again this week.

Good question.  If this wasn't happening on TV Garcelle probably shouldn't bother (although if not for this show I doubt Garcelle would even be around Dorito).    So even though Dorito isn't really listening, everyone else is and Garcelle risks nothing by speaking up. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1