Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Swimming With the Fishes

• Start Topic

Meredith tries to clear her name, but finds herself in an uphill battle with the ladies; Monica worries that Meredith will interfere with her friendship with Lisa; Whitney calls Heather out.

Airdate: 12.19.2023

Remember the line from a Charlie Brown Christmas?  The one that went, Charlie Brown, you’re the only person that can take a beautiful time like Christmas and turn it in to a problem.

The same could be said for this coven of women.  Every one of them ruins what should be a wonderful time. 

Edited by b2H
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4

Whitney is a piece of work. She was pole dancing on the yacht and shooting water up her hoo-ha and the boat crew guys didn’t pay her any attention. And why is she harassing Heather about her sex life, I was hoping Heather would have popped her. 
I don’t believe any of these women are friends off camera, their friend moments and fights seem scripted.

Can felon’s have social media? What if Jenn Shah  is the secret account person attacking Angie. 
Finale already next week and it looks dramatic. They better not leave us with a cliffhanger like they did with Heathers black eye. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

Witney, what the crap are you talking about - Heather exploiting your vagina? What the …

Drunk again.  Cannot handle her liquor and has nothing else to offer.

• Like 15

I’m trying to figure out whether Monica’s “Take it to bed, then” means “let’s sleep on it” or “fuck you.” Whitney’s “You exploited my vagina in your book!” is a bit more straightforward and also pretty hilarious.

I honestly can’t tell whether Meredith is lying or Monica is lying because Monica was very gleeful that we believed it and were googling, and she told Heather she would make a fake account to expose someone on it. But if we’re placing our final wagers, I’m going with the other Angie that was on last season. Angie M? Angie Q? I don’t know. The blonde one. Her husband literally did create a “finsta” called JenShahXPosed or something like that, but then she was actually taking about one of the others on it. Meredith maybe? Who cares? Anywhoo, she and her husband did that last year to try to get her on the show. It didn’t work. But maybe they doubled down and tried it again. Or, you know, it’s just Meredith but I’m trying to come up with a twist here.

speaking of a twist, next week we finally find out about the dramatic call that Heather receives about someone who uses she/her pronouns. She’s yelling at someone at the table, so I guess we’ll go back to Meredith being the liar, but that would be much more dramatic if Angie S? Angie W? jumps out from behind the bushes. Or it turns out Mary was posting from her closet and that’s how she’s somehow a cast member despite only having 5 entire minutes of screen time all season.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

On a superficial note, WTF did these girls do to their skin growing up? If genetic, bad luck, my bad, but I was so surprised to see how bad Whitney's skin is. 

I am a baby boomer and practiced good skincare since my early teen years. It seems like these younger people, who had much more advice, like use sunscreen, think about what you eat, drink water, totally ignored that. So now they're packing on the makeup to cover major flaws. It's just so surprising and I imagine all of the makeup they use to cover it up can't be good.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

Also, didn’t Heather say that Whitney approved the story being in the book and she even removed some part of it that Whitney objected to?  (I was half listening bec 😴, but I think that’s what she said lol.)  You should have said no then Whitney if it bothered you.  Yeesh. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
17 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Does Whitney get more points/$ by repeating endlessly that Heather exploited her sexuality?  Were those the instructions given to her by the producers?  It's like she's trying to work herself up and she's looking pretty fucking stupid.

We've seen her do that before 

-When she told Lisa she didn't like her using curse words in her home with the children there. She expressed it, explained it, reworded it, and repeated it ad nauseum.

I didn't read the book, nor do I intend to, but I highly doubt Heather exploited Whitney's vagina

• Like 8
  • LOL 7

Inexplicable remarks from this episode:

Meredith:  "After last night I was looking forward today to having fun with friends, but for some reason they're not speaking to me" - a complete mystery there 😄

Monica:  "Why is Meredith coming at me like this?  I thought we were friends!"  I guess she's upset that you beat her to throwing each other under the bus 😄 (It is hard to know who to believe of those two)

Whitney:  "You exploited my sexuality to sell your book" - yeah that's why people are buying it 🙄

Meredith again:  "Brooks Marks was just signed by the Ford Agency"  😳

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

Whitney’s got nothing going on.. so she’s trying for a storyline.  But with her little sexy baby voice (which sounds fake as hell), her need to wear very little and talk about sex a lot, and her very vague trauma storyline last year, she should get some counseling.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6

Whitney  has definitely  lost the plot. Big difference  in exploiting  her vagina, and boudoir photos. Has she forgotten  the painting she did, using  her body, and Justin using his. ( shudder) 

Heather was right to walk away. Whitney scanned the book, for the parts about her.

Lisa was so screechy  on the catamaran,  good lord. I thought  Meredith  was setting Monica up, now I'm pretty certain  she didn't. Next week looks pretty good. It hasn't  been a bad season imho.

• Like 10

So apparently I posted the following on the wrong thread, @SweetieDarling is keeping my daffy ass in check and I think her for that!

Meredith sounded absolutely drugged most of this episode, she was loopy on the boat, she was loopy in the Sprinter van when she was telling Lisa about  Brooks signing with Elite Models or some such agency she was even loopy during dinner. She was on the phone with Seth telling him she was having a hard time and basically could be heard rolling his eyes and told her to just enjoy Bermuda and shut up about it.

Whitney was trying real hard with her screaming about how Heather stole her g-d damn crotch for her book or some such nonsense, Heather was right, Whitless did sound like an idiot.

I loved that the WHFS bumper sticker got screen time in the background at the bar, back in the early 80's based out of Bethesda MD, that station was it, new wave, punk, it was the best, DJ's like Weasel and Damian Einstein, you could win tickets to see bands at The 9:30 Club and The Cellar Door, but I wistfully digress.  

This season has been the season of the ugly sunglasses, Heather must have stolen those pink ones she wore on the beach walk with Monica from a toddler.

Did it look like Whitney had a black eye when she sat down to have her makeup done?

10 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Do they just have a constant blur over Whitney's nipple?

She does not want her nipple exploited.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Witney, what the crap are you talking about - Heather exploiting your vagina? What the …

If Whitney could make her vagina an LLC she absolutely would have.

I haven't read Heather's book but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Whitney's vagina is not the protagonist.

• Fire 2
  • LOL 12

Whitney is GROSS. I hate her voice, her outfits, and her nasty sex talk. She acts like a stripper and then claims she’s being exploited. Shut up you nasty pig! I think she’s stepping it up because Monica is a threat to her as to who is racier. 

• Like 15

I think Whitney is probably one of the nicer Housewives. I really do. But even I thought wtf is she talking about?! Unless I missed something, all Heather did was write about doing a boudoir shoot, and Whitney approved this. What's the big deal? Whitney leads with sex. She says and does raunchy things constantly. Okay Whitney, do you. Not my kind of thing, and it's not Heather's either. Just because Heather wrote about the boudoir shoot does not mean she "exploited Whitney's vagina" or that Heather now has to talk about her own sex life. 

Whitney, if you're shy and private about sex all of a sudden, totally get it. YOU stop exploiting yourself. And despite the way you carry yourself, I'd absolutely get if Heather outed stuff about your sex life that wasn't hers to share, but she absolutely did not. YOU and some of the others are trying to exploit Heather as far as I'm concerned. She doesn't have to tell you a damn thing (especially on camera) about her sex life. It's not your business if she's celibate. It's not your business if she has a friends with benefits situation. Whatever Heather is up to, is Heather's business. Oh, and Monica acting like she was shamed for Heather not wanting to answer questions about HER DAUGHTER's sex life, just so wrong and stupid.

I thought I must have missed storyline or something until I read a lot of you more or less thought the exact same. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 6
  • Applause 6
44 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Whitney is probably one of the nicer Housewives. I really do. But even I thought wtf is she talking about?! Unless I missed something, all Heather did was write about doing a boudoir shoot, and Whitney approved this. What's the big deal? Whitney leads with sex. She says and does raunchy things constantly. Okay Whitney, do you. Not my kind of thing, and it's not Heather's either. Just because Heather wrote about the boudoir shoot does not mean she "exploited Whitney's vagina" or that Heather now has to talk about her own sex life. 

Whitney, if you're shy and private about sex all of a sudden, totally get it. YOU stop exploiting yourself. And despite the way you carry yourself, I'd absolutely get if Heather outed stuff about your sex life that wasn't hers to share, but she absolutely did not. YOU and some of the others are trying to exploit Heather as far as I'm concerned. She doesn't have to tell you a damn thing (especially on camera) about her sex life. It's not your business if she's celibate. It's not your business if she has a friends with benefits situation. Whatever Heather is up to, is Heather's business. Oh, and Monica acting like she was shamed for Heather not wanting to answer questions about HER DAUGHTER's sex life, just so wrong and stupid.

I thought I must have missed storyline or something until I read a lot of you more or less thought the exact same. 

Yes, I have to agree.  I've enjoyed Whitney through all her ups and downs, but she doesn't have a leg to stand on with this argument.  Whitney should be grateful that Heather kept her anectdote short and sweet, because. I have a feeling that Heather knows a lot of Whitney's secrets.

• Like 12

I actually read Heather's book, and guess what?!?  It was mostly about Heather!  Go figure.

I honestly don't understand why Whitney decided to take offense to the book in the middle of a Bermuda trip.  For a titan of industry, what with being the CEO of three or so major corporations, she really isn't that smart, is she.  😃

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11

Whitney screaming about Heather's exploitation of her sexuality.  

Also Whitney: attempts to pole dance off the stair railing.  

Which I was desperately hoping would come loose and knock her down.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 4
  • LOL 12
On 12/19/2023 at 8:32 PM, princelina said:

Meredith again:  "Brooks Marks was just signed by the Ford Agency"  😳

But what job was he signed for?...

He could be an unpaid intern or a janitor for all we know!

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

Within those big agencies there are many tiers of models, not all are considered for national campaigns, not all are considered for runway jobs, etc...Brooks is probably in the, "his mother is famous so we might get a client interested in him for a one off sort of job."

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

An agency like Ford does not deal with sullen, attitude-y thinks-they're-better-than's like Brooks.  I see one whiney photography session before they put him in a car commercial, behind the wheel, shadow only.  He's the most annoying child-of who's ever been on any of these shows.

Say what you want about Lisa, Heather, Whitney, Angie, heck...even Monica....their kids all seem to be nice, normal humans.

• Like 12

I finally watched the last couple of episodes, and despite all of the drama, my only memory is of Meredith staggering about in her stilettos and purple Isadora Duncan get-up.  Methinks someone is falling apart before our very eyes. I think we know why.

Why is Heather so easily triggered by Whitney? Why not laugh and saunter nonchalantly away?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 6
On 12/24/2023 at 11:51 AM, pasdetrois said:

Why is Heather so easily triggered by Whitney? Why not laugh and saunter nonchalantly away?

I saw the heavy hand of production every time Whitney brought it up - seemed clearly to be expected of her even past the point of it making any kind of sense. Her heart wasn't in it - she's no actress. 

Heather freaking out was the interesting part. All I can think is that she saw the heavy hand of production coming for her and freaked. Or else knew what a fight with Whitney over this might lead to being revealed, and wanted to avoid that at all costs. Whatever it is. She seemed genuinely afraid, not just fed up - and she's also no actress. 

Edited by kassa
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 12/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Doesn't Whitney have a skincare line?

She does! Isn't it amusing? Her skin looks terrible, and she doesn't only have under eye dark circles, she has huge dark circles all around her eyes.

• Like 2

I agree with others that said Meredith is falling apart.

And she is responsible for Monica discussing Angie's supposed scandals because she asked Monica if she read her IG DMs about Angie. Of course Monica was too happy to accomodate her.

Heather was trying to describe how she met Whitney, not to "exploit" her. She asked for permission about including the story in her book. As for Whitney, she was dancing on a pole during this episode, something that she did many times before on the show, on top of the erotic "painting", and sex talk. Even her voice is that of a sex kitten. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She does! Isn't it amusing? Her skin looks terrible, and she doesn't only have under eye dark circles, she has huge dark circles all around her eyes.

I was shocked to see how bad it is. And surprised that she and Barlow, or whoever travels with glam everywhere, allowed themselves to be filmed before the first layer of muck was applied.

• Like 4

Whitney is a joke she’s chasing after Heather to create a moment. What does she need explained it’s disgusting. You can tell as she gets a bit of fame she gets more pumped up stupid. And this is not defending of Heather. Just saying Whitney is gross I’ve seen these housewives and you can tell Whitney has a big head over it.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 12/20/2023 at 6:24 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Meredith sounded absolutely drugged most of this episode, she was loopy on the boat, she was loopy in the Sprinter van when she was telling Lisa about  Brooks signing with Elite Models or some such agency she was even loopy during dinner. She was on the phone with Seth telling him she was having a hard time and basically could be heard rolling his eyes and told her to just enjoy Bermuda and shut up about it.

I noticed this too. I've thought for some time that Meredith is on benzos, but this season she sounds and acts even more drugged. I wonder if her dosage increased. 

Meanwhile, Whitney is at the screeching opposite end! I don't blame Heather for walking away. She was right. Whitney was drunk and obnoxious. 

An agency like Ford does not deal with sullen, attitude-y thinks-they're-better-than's like Brooks.  I see one whiney photography session before they put him in a car commercial, behind the wheel, shadow only.  He's the most annoying child-of who's ever been on any of these shows.

ITA. He's the perfect example of an over-indulged child who's now scarily an adult... sort-of. 

I don't care about Whitney's hoohaw or how it is being portrayed in print.

Why do these women constantly talk about their vaginas? Why am I even hearing that word? None of my women friends and I ever discuss this. Am I just old and out of touch? I hear it on other reality shows too (Vanderpump Rules). Is vagina the new buzz word for younger women? Sheesh. 

I finally watched the last couple of episodes, and despite all of the drama, my only memory is of Meredith staggering about in her stilettos and purple Isadora Duncan get-up.  Methinks someone is falling apart before our very eyes. I think we know why.

In that get-up she reminded me of Gloria Swanson "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille." 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
On 12/24/2023 at 12:13 AM, dosodog said:

Is it possible Brooks was hired to create models of Ford cars?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3