Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Unwise Surprise

• Start Topic

PK wanted to recreate a fairy tale and he chose one about a 20 year old  hooker? I know he was going for the wealth aspect but if they are rich as they say he wouldn’t need the gimmick. Dorit stop calling yourself a designer. I’m sure the red dresses with no visible logo were what upset her. Maybe she should make a line of Dor and It goods like her Cha and Nel.

Kyle looked childish telling Estella about their tattoos. Estella didn’t need to know about them. I still think this is all fake.

I kind of want to see more Crystal and her brother.

Some people aren’t cut out for dating and I think Sutton is one of them. I am looking forward to meltdown Sutton next week.

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I’m probably wrong, but I don’t think Crystal is the reason her brother didn’t marry.  I honestly thought he was gay. He looks amazing for 51. 

I can’t get over how grown Garcelle’s boys look compared to last year. Sutton “teenage boys are kind of assholes” lol  Maybe living with his Dad will make Jax appreciate his Mom & her sacrifices more. 

Kyle looks super fit. Her personality has changed much more tho. Shes like a different person.

Dorit gets robbed a lot. 

I think what Jax is doing is pretty common — it’s “the grass is always greener” thing. Garcelle beating herself up over it was understandable, but not deserved— she’s doing the best she can. It’s hard for a kid to see that. I don’t think all kids are “assholes” — they’re still pretty much self-centered. As I said last week, at least he feels comfortable enough to talk with her about his feelings. If he didn’t and just got angry at her — that would be a problem.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I was cringing so hard at that scene! You’re just right in their face while they’re performing. Ew. Actually, Ew to that whole scene-here, pick out a dress for me to admire you in, and ooh/aah over this borrowed jewelry and roses everywhere.  I’m sure many find that romantic, but I’d be cringing my way out the door. Just wash the dishes in the sink, feed the kids and then take the pets out, have my favorite pizza hot & ready and cue up a movie I’ve been wanting to see… Now, that’s my idea of romance.🤣

I would have “Nope”-ed out when that rack of gowns rolled out. How demeaning — obviously this was fantasy fulfillment for PK. Thank God the Barbie movie hadn’t come out yet.

Funny, though, that it was all wonderful and romantic when it was all about the flowers, jewels, etc., but then when they actually had to sit down and talk over dinner, it fell apart. A sham relationship, nothing genuine. Erika wasn’t wrong at Bravocon. It’s just that Mo and Kyle got there first.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Pretty Woman? more like Pretty Lame!

Pretty demeaning, more like. “Here, honey, for our anniversary I want you to dress up like a reformed hooker.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 18

Dorit is overplaying her hand with the handbag thefts. Fool us once shame on her. Fool us twice shame on us. Something is very off about her taking $10,000 in cash and stuffing it in her purse to go Christmas shopping. She doesn't have a credit card or a check book? The only thing that I can come up with is she was shopping some place where they would not take her check or bank card or she owned them money. Other than that if this did happen she has lost her mind.

• Like 21
  • Applause 2

‘80s hooker-movie themed, creepy fantasy aside, I’m pretty impressed with the amount of coordination that must have went into planning all of those details! The roses alone looked like a whole-ass Valentine’s Day wedding display. PK actually got someone to loan him a $500,000 (or was it $5,000,00? seems outrageously unlikely) necklace! I guess the band he probably knows through work. Granted, maybe he just told an assistant to make a Pretty Woman dream date happen and handed over his credit card.  But even still, I was impressed that my husband came home from Shop Rite this morning with flowers; if we don’t pick out our own birthday/Christmas gifts, we just don’t get them. So just the amount of effort and expense PK put into this anniversary is pretty impressive. Then again, I don’t think he knows his wife very well. Dorit hated having to choose a generic red dress off a rack. He should have just forgot all the rest of it and just focused on the scene where Julia Roberts has her Rodeo Drive shopping spree. 

Julia Roberts Shopping GIF by SundanceTV

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11

PK went out of his way to make sure that Dorito knew who the singer was. Berlin was the original singer of Take My Breath Away in the 1986 movie Top Gun. It won the Academy Award and Golden Globe. I’m sure he came by her by his music managing business, but he probably owes a big favor to have gotten her into that hotel to sing privately for his wife. So to him it was probably a big deal. Dorit was 10 years old when that song came out and she probably was not impressed. 
  I’m wondering if PK thought this grand gesture of a gift would pull them closer. Unfortunately I think it went the other direction. He knew she might try to get out of it by saying her kids needed her, but he’s used to that excuse and they were all cued up to tell Mommy they were fine and to have a good time. Hmm…I wonder if they even stayed the night. So much of that gift was a waste. The flowers, ordering all the foods (altho they didn’t waste the caviar), and even the fashion plus glam squad because I don’t really think she was into this charade. 

• Like 11
12 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

The light dawns that maybe she should just mind her own business. 

Eh, I kind of get what she was going for, I guess? I'd rather a close friend just say "I don't want to talk about it" than say that nothing's wrong at all, especially if they know that I can tell that something's wrong. That said, though, I do understand that saying "I'm fine" or that nothing is wrong is a way for some people (myself included!) to "stall" (for lack of a better word) until they work through it themselves before talking to anybody. 

• Like 5

I could actually find myself sympathizing with Dorit when she said that what she needed was not these grand gestures, but instead needs help with the kids, the house, whatever.  But these two have been grand-gesturing each other for so long, I don't think PK has the capacity to change his ways at this point.  That said, most of their grand gestures make me cringe pretty hard but this one topped them all...especially when PK dramatically introduced the group, whispering "Berlin."  I wonder if Dorit was like, who??

Also, Dorit - not sure what the point was of the lavish charcuterie picnic spread in the middle of a park when it's highly likely that she and Erika split one cracker and called it a day.

• Like 9
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Things must really be bad, financially, for Dorit and PK; She was wearing Levi's to her picnic with Erika.

funny you say that....I said to my daughter 23yo, "she's wearing Levis???"  and my daughter said "mom, they're back in style now".

• LOL 13

Levi's never went out of style.* They're my favorite; I still have some from college -- they've grown up (and old!) with me!

*Though probably not a long-term staple for someone like Dorit.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Not looking forward to the Vegas trip. especially not the Magic Mike show.  I hate that shit. Really don’t need to see Erika’s performance with the strippers either.

The stupid male dancer scenes are up there with watching the housewives get waxed.  WHY do they think we want to watch it?  So gross, so boring.

• Like 22
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

her bank card that she took the money out of would still work 

Not necessarily.  She’s had her assets frozen before, so she probably had to get the cash out of the bank account before it gets clawed away and sent to the IRS per court order.. again!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
11 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Not looking forward to the Vegas trip. especially not the Magic Mike show.  I hate that shit. Really don’t need to see Erika’s performance with the strippers either.

Haha, same! I have never been to one of these shows and that is more than fine with me. In fact, thank god for Uber & Lyft -- that way, if anyone ever surprises me with one (unlikely) I will have a way to get outta there!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Dorit said she took $10k out of the bank for shopping, and when she looked “in the cart” her purse wasn’t there.  Soo many questions!  First, as others have said…you were the victim of a home invasion and you go shopping, solo, with all that cash  in your purse?   And what store in Beverly Hills has carts?? Is there a Target on Rodeo Drive?  A HomeGoods?

PK is still gross, still a poser, still deep in debt.

Have we seen Mo’s dad before? He looks just like Mo! 

I think so, but it’s been awhile. I had the same thought.

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Eh, I kind of get what she was going for, I guess? I'd rather a close friend just say "I don't want to talk about it" than say that nothing's wrong at all, especially if they know that I can tell that something's wrong. That said, though, I do understand that saying "I'm fine" or that nothing is wrong is a way for some people (myself included!) to "stall" (for lack of a better word) until they work through it themselves before talking to anybody. 

Given that it was clear Kyle didn’t want to talk much about it, to me it was a sign for Dorit to drop it, good friend or no. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Kyle is so painfully awkward. And she has clearly fallen out of love with Mauricio, she can barely tolerate him. 

I choose Mo in the divorce. lol 

Yeah, Kyle is cold as ice toward him now — and he really isn’t much better. The tattoo spat reminded me of the pettiness that often ensues when a relationship is in trouble. I still find it sad. Mo is super-extending himself with opening a branch of The Agency on every continent, so she just may be tired of him not being around much, especially now that Portia’s almost grown.

What did Allison DuBois say about what would happen when the kids left (IIRC)? That, plus he will “never fulfill you”? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Given that it was clear Kyle didn’t want to talk much about it, to me it was a sign for Dorit to drop it, good friend or no. 

Sure. But I didn't say that she shouldn't drop it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The flowers, ordering all the foods (altho they didn’t waste the caviar), and even the fashion plus glam squad because I don’t really think she was into this charade. 

Apparently the viewers weren't either.

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Isn't  there a limit you can withdraw before the bank is required to notify the feds? 

I have a feeling this cash is from one of their many hidden stashes.  They probably don't keep all their money in the bank, so the creditors can't see what they have.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

‘80s hooker-movie themed, creepy fantasy aside, I’m pretty impressed with the amount of coordination that must have went into planning all of those details! The roses alone looked like a whole-ass Valentine’s Day wedding display. PK actually got someone to loan him a $500,000 (or was it $5,000,00? seems outrageously unlikely) necklace! I guess the band he probably knows through work. Granted, maybe he just told an assistant to make a Pretty Woman dream date happen and handed over his credit card.  But even still, I was impressed that my husband came home from Shop Rite this morning with flowers; if we don’t pick out our own birthday/Christmas gifts, we just don’t get them. So just the amount of effort and expense PK put into this anniversary is pretty impressive. Then again, I don’t think he knows his wife very well. Dorit hated having to choose a generic red dress off a rack. He should have just forgot all the rest of it and just focused on the scene where Julia Roberts has her Rodeo Drive shopping spree. 

Julia Roberts Shopping GIF by SundanceTV

Although the fantasy was more for PK than Dorit, I was impressed at the results (too bad Dorit wasn't!). I would love to know how much all of that cost.  Were those roses real?  I couldn't believe my eyes!  Kyle and Dorit were dissing the food choices, but was there any money left after the floral arrangements?  I completely agree that Dorit would have loved the shopping spree more!

• Like 5

Kyle and Mo's scenes are so stilted and cringey that it's either very fake or there really is lots of tension.  She's acting like a hyped up weirdo.  "Lovebean" is being overused and sounds phony.  I personally think Kyle is feeling herself in some new role as the companion to a much younger country singer. Whether she's bi/gay or whatever, the timing of this new relationship and her sudden ambivalence to her marriage is not coincidental.  If she is just now realizing she's a lesbian I guess there are many thoughts weighing her down?  I'm assuming that'd be a lot to wade through as a middle aged woman with a family.  Or, she could be full of crap and this is totally for attention or ratings.  I just know I liked her better before.  There's a harshness to her now.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also, Dorit - not sure what the point was of the lavish charcuterie picnic spread in the middle of a park when it's highly likely that she and Erika split one cracker and called it a day.

I just loved seeing that picnic- what a treat! Too bad it was wasted (literally and figuratively) on those two.  Now I have something to put on my bucket list- an English tea party picnic!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Didn't Dorito say (can't remember if it was in the TH or the segment) that Pretty Woman is her fav movie? I did find it funny that she talked about the grand gestures that they do for each other, but I think the ones that they showed in the flashback were all ones PK did for Dorito?

I did find it cringey though that it was just the two of them. I guess that was the point of mirroring the movie, but having the cameras along for the ride was hardly romantic. Guess they were trying to dispel the trouble in paradise rumours, but the whole thing was just smarmy. And the significance of the singers and what they were singing went right over my head. 

I do agree with others that the $10,000 didn't come from a bank. If it even happened. Who said three guys were following her? The store? Did she file a police report? The whole story is as sketchy as the first robbery.

I don't find Garcelle's son wanting to live with his dad odd at all. Even sons without mother's on TV often want to live with their fathers at that age. I'm surprised that the other son doesn't want to as well, but he may realize that it would destroy Garcelle to have both sons move out. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 14
50 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

What no comments on Erika's green and black getup?  I thought it looked like a costume for Batman villain the Riddler. 

That was the first thing that came to my mind, too!  

Erika's Mikey's taste level is really soooo questionable most of the time! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think what seems so weird is that we have gone 13 seasons with our Marriage is AMAZING and not a hint of this animosity that seems to be going on ON camera now ..like we never saw her openly hostile towards him and everything was hidden away  ... which begs two questions is Kyle just that good at hiding this shit or has this really been their marriage the entire time and they were fake for 13 years 

My take on Kyle and Mo... Kyle seems very, very angry and anger like that often comes from betrayal.  I know this from my own past.  I'm not saying Mo cheated because I don't know for sure, but I think her anger is more than just him overextending himself with work.  Her -  I'm going to do what I want to do attitude and spilling that secret about Mo's tattoo to his mother to get him in trouble, then the change in how she looks... it all adds up to me. 

I was of the mind that what we heard before the show aired was all for a storyline.  Now though... We are seeing she does not like or respect Mo anymore.  At all.  Something happened to cause that and I don't think it's just a long term marriage disconnect.  

Kyle is not a good enough actress to pull off what we're seeing. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Lets stop and get thousands in cash and not just use the bank card ... it makes no sense 

I thought the cash was the gift. (Not that she was using cash to buy gifts.) Housekeepers, nannies, gardeners, assistants, etc. They would all probably get cash gifts.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, KristenR said:

I thought the cash was the gift. (Not that she was using cash to buy gifts.) Housekeepers, nannies, gardeners, assistants, etc. They would all probably get cash gifts.

"I withdrew the $10,000 to go Christmas shopping" 

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, KristenR said:

That's what I get for giving her the benefit of the doubt!

this all just seems super suspect especially after the robbery last year and the robbers being so nice and not checking the rest of the house and leaving her phone so she could find it ... Math just isnt mathing to me 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 24
2 hours ago, princelina said:

You and me both, sister!! 😂

Count me in. It looks like she's totally grossed out by the Magic Mike stuff, and I was, too, I must admit. And was Crystal also up there grinding? Yuck!

Kyle is mad as hell and it shows all over her face. She looks soooo hard!

• Like 11
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, nichelle said:

Just who needs $10K in cash in their purse for Christmas gifts? Oh, that’s right. Dorit.

Maybe I'm not the "norm" but I rarely take out cash anymore. It's simply easier and safer to use a card. And $10,000? I would be looking at video from the bank rather than the store.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

My take on Kyle and Mo... Kyle seems very, very angry and anger like that often comes from betrayal.  I know this from my own past.  I'm not saying Mo cheated because I don't know for sure, but I think her anger is more than just him overextending himself with work.  Her -  I'm going to do what I want to do attitude and spilling that secret about Mo's tattoo to his mother to get him in trouble, then the change in how she looks... it all adds up to me. 

I was of the mind that what we heard before the show aired was all for a storyline.  Now though... We are seeing she does not like or respect Mo anymore.  At all.  Something happened to cause that and I don't think it's just a long term marriage disconnect.  

Kyle referred to The Agency as "the Other Woman" in one of her THs.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Exactly why I think the opposite. The acting from both of them is terrible. She’s trying way to hard to be mad at the world. But at the retreat she’s STILL sobbing over her sister’s meltdown months earlier. But not a tear to shed over her husband of 27 years. Kyle isn’t capable of holding in her frog cry. We’ve all witnessed it for a decade now. 

This whole storyline pisses me off so much because it’s like the producers aren’t even trying. They saw the success of the VR cheating scandal and how it revived a dying show so they tried to strike gold twice. There were only two couples to pick from and I’m willing to bet Dorit wouldn’t even consider it after the Erika comment (hits a little to close to home), so enter Kyle who is desperate to remain relevant. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Pretty demeaning, more like. “Here, honey, for our anniversary I want you to dress up like a reformed hooker.”

And pretend I’m Richard Gere; except during the Berlin serenade, then pretend I’m Tom Cruise 😛 

• LOL 23
55 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

Exactly why I think the opposite. The acting from both of them is terrible. She’s trying way to hard to be mad at the world. But at the retreat she’s STILL sobbing over her sister’s meltdown months earlier. But not a tear to shed over her husband of 27 years. Kyle isn’t capable of holding in her frog cry. We’ve all witnessed it for a decade now. 

This whole storyline pisses me off so much because it’s like the producers aren’t even trying. They saw the success of the VR cheating scandal and how it revived a dying show so they tried to strike gold twice. There were only two couples to pick from and I’m willing to bet Dorit wouldn’t even consider it after the Erika comment (hits a little to close to home), so enter Kyle who is desperate to remain relevant. 

This is a great point.  I found the separation and all the projects they are promoting a little too convenient.  But, Kyle not being beside herself about the marriage difficulties doesn't ring true.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think what seems so weird is that we have gone 13 seasons with our Marriage is AMAZING and not a hint of this animosity that seems to be going on ON camera now ..like we never saw her openly hostile towards him and everything was hidden away  ... which begs two questions is Kyle just that good at hiding this shit or has this really been their marriage the entire time and they were fake for 13 years 

This! There have been rumors about Mauricio cheating before on the show. I remember Brandi saying that LVP had some of the tabloids in her suitcase or something like that. Kyle didn’t get all bent at Mo back then or any of the other times it came up. Now she’s mad because he works too much? I’m not buying it.

• Like 8